Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172759 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
temmytanny: That was my post i guess. Then it was $819 per applicant multiple by 3 people will give $2457. Now its $330
although no one is above mistake,is their passport specification features a must.i mean no shadows stuff
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by akj26(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
ohnyore:

bros i am having problems resizing my passport to 600 by 600 abeg help a brother out
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by tolasa(f): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Pls o,I want to apply for my mom can I still apply for my self seperately?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
packaging: just log on to the site, click on begin entry... Follow d instruction, den d form shows up....
will it cause any problem
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by tundemalikgmai(m): 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
drumma: and there you go people finished my own application in 6mins....... IN GOD I TRUST
Applicant Entry Systemv10.00.00
Help
|
ELECTRONIC DIVERSITY VISA ENTRY FORM OMB Control Number: 1405-0153
Form: DS-5501
Expires: 07/31/2013
Estimated Burden: 30 minutes
Submission Confirmation: Entry Received

Success! Bros
Bros!!! I advice u keep all these to your self ,remember apply for DV lottery does not guarantee automatic selection,so be wise pray to God,thanks

Your entry for the 2014 Diversity Visa Lottery program was received on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 10:06:25 AM EST. Please do NOT close this window until you have printed this confirmation page or made a record of your Confirmation Number.

Entrant Name: AFOLABI, OLUSEYI OYEYEMI
Confirmation Number: 20141EM28Q8TXXXX
Year of Birth: 1985
Digital Signature: 66FB8616C444982A96D50C968212A06D4138F305
Thank you for your entry for the 2014 Diversity Visa Lottery.

Please either print this page or make a record of the confirmation number before closing this window. You will not be able to retrieve this number after you close this window.

You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your entry status via http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ between May 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014 to determine whether your entry was selected for further processing in the 2014 Diversity Visa Lottery. You will be REQUIRED to enter your confirmation number in combination with other personal information in order to check on your entry status.

Selectees will not receive selectee notifications or letters by regular postal mail from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

Do not submit additional Entry Forms with this person as the Primary Entrant! Multiple entries will disqualify the Entrant from participation in the 2014 Diversity Visa Lottery.

PAPERWORK REDUCTION ACT: Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 30 minutes per response, including time required for searching existing data sources, gathering the necessary documentation, providing the information and/or documents required, and reviewing the final collection. You do not have to supply this information unless this collection displays a currently valid OMB control number. If you have comments on the accuracy of this burden estimate and/or recommendations for reducing it, please send them to: A/GIS/DIR, Room 2400 SA-22, U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-2202.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: AUTHORITIES: The information asked for on this form is requested pursuant to Section 222 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Section 222(f) provides that the records of the Department of State and of diplomatic and consular offices of the United States pertaining to the issuance and refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential and shall be used only for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States. Certified copies of such records may be made available to a court provided the court certifies that the information contained in such records is needed in a case pending before the court. PURPOSE: The U.S. Department of State uses the facts you provide on this form primarily to determine your classification and eligibility for a U.S. immigrant visa. Individuals who fail to submit this form or who do not provide all the requested information may be denied a U.S. immigrant visa. Although furnishing this information is voluntary, failure to provide this information may delay or prevent the processing of your case. ROUTINE USES: If you are issued an immigrant visa and are subsequently admitted to the United States as an immigrant, the Department of Homeland Security will use the information on this form to issue you a Permanent Resident Card, and, if you so indicate, the Social Security Administration will use the information to issue a social security number. The information provided may also be released to federal agencies for law enforcement, counterterrorism and homeland security purposes; to Congress and courts within their sphere of jurisdiction; and to other federal agencies who may need the information to administer or enforce U.S. laws.
Consular Affairs Main Page | Welcome Page | Top of Page

This site is managed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by tundemalikgmai(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=tundemalik@gmai][/quote] thousand of applicants apply for DV 2014 all over the africa,and nobody will come out and paste the confirmation here,apply for DV is not big deal but God mercy which u need to pray for
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
although no one is above mistake,is their passport specification features a must.i mean no shadows stuff
yes
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
Kindly reply to my post pls. What am I going to fill in this columns (1) In Care Of -------
(2) Address Line 1 ----              (3). Address Line 2 (optional) -----
(4) City/Town -----             
(5) District/County/Province/State -----             
(5) Postal Code/Zip Code-----
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by abuov: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
Pls help,if I use the ''PHOTO VALIDATOR'' to check my passport aπϑ it says is Valid.Can I be 100% sure my photo is correct?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
packaging: NO !!!! Do not use any oda internet browser aside the internet explorer version 7 or higher which their site supports. Its stated on d web page.... Thanks

AS REGARDS BROWSER TO USE I THINK I PREFER GOOGLE CHROME COS IM USING THE SAME SETTINGS AS INTERNET EXPLORER ON IT BESIDES I WAS CONVINCED ABOUT ONE THING WHEN I SUBMITTED MY STUFF AND IT TOOK ABOUT 80 SECS FOR MY IMAGE TO UPLOAD BEFORE I FINALLY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION WHICH WAS A GUARANTEE THAT MY IMAGE WAS RECEIVED.... YOU CAN EQUALLY USE INTERNET EXPLORER BUT IM NOT JUST A FAN OF THAT BROWSER.... ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.....
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
abuov: Pls help,if I use the ''PHOTO VALIDATOR'' to check my passport aπϑ it says is Valid.Can I be 100% sure my photo is correct?
NO!!! The foto validator only works wit the size(i.e d 600x600pixel tinz) it wouldnt reject it even if ur pic is blurry or not. I wud advice u check the "well composed pictures" for grading ya picture. I'll tryna paste the words here for u. Thanks
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
ohnyore:

bros i am having problems resizing my passport to 600 by 600 abeg help a brother out
bros just go to where you save the pic and right click on it then choose edit then it will take you to paint...... when you get there clock on resize then click pixel..... adjust to 600x600 and click ok then resave and go back to DV site and use photo validator one you get a valid photo page you're good to go.....Good luck
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Photo Requirements

The submitted image must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months. Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the following requirements may result in disqualification from the lottery.

Image Acquisition
The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
Compositional Specifications
Content

The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant's shoulders.
The image must not include other objects or additional people.
The entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
Head Position

The subject must directly face the camera.
The head must not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image's total height. The diagram below shows these measurements on a correctly-proportioned image.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
Goodluck to everyone of us here IJN ....plz im about to fill for a family of 3 here(parent and a small girl) and d husband want me to include one of his nephew as d house keeper plz is that possible and is there any column for house-keeper...the nephew is 23yrs..thanks in anticipation
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by babadey(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
i cant enter the site,whats wrong?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by abuov: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
@Packaging thank you for the info.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by unikazzy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
pls am hvn problem with my passport resize..hw can i resize to 600x600 pixels pls
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
baba dey: i cant enter the site,whats wrong?
D site is loaded I ave people complaining abt d site. Try mobile thru ur phone
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
femijck: Goodluck to everyone of us here IJN ....plz im about to fill for a family of 3 here(parent and a small girl) and d husband want me to include one of his nephew as d house keeper plz is that possible and is there any column for house-keeper...the nephew is 23yrs..thanks in anticipation
why? Thats not right. There is no columm for house keeper, let the house keeper apply on his or her own as single but must have 5 olevel crd if he or she wins.
The Nephew cant be included, by the way he is above the age limit to even apply under his parent.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
uni-kazzy:
pls am hvn problem with my passport resize..hw can i resize to 600x600 pixels pls
i expected you to have sized it down na. How can i help you from here?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by babadey(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2012
is it a MUST someone should use internet explorer,cos it said the website only SUPPORT I.E 7 and above,to my own view it's not a must?,do anybody know someone who used other app and won?. The site is not opening at all,i think it should be the numbers of pple trying to enter the site abi? sadis it a MUST someone should use internet explorer,cos it said the website only SUPPORT I.E 7 and above,to my own view it's not a must?,do anybody know someone who used other app and won?. The site is not opening at all,i think it should be the numbers of pple trying to enter the site abi?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
uni-kazzy:
take d picture to a system right click on it go to open with on the options click on picture manager
Wen u get dere u will see edit picture on the top click on it n go to resize put in d pixel u want. If u don't have access to a system send d pic to me will help u out wit it my e.mail addy seir405@yahoo.com
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
tolasa: Pls o,I want to apply for my mom can I still apply for my self seperately?
yes you can
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
baba dey: is it a MUST someone should use internet explorer,cos it said the website only SUPPORT I.E 7 and above,to my own view it's not a must?,do anybody know someone who used other app and won?. The site is not opening at all,i think it should be the numbers of pple trying to enter the site abi? sadis it a MUST someone should use internet explorer,cos it said the website only SUPPORT I.E 7 and above,to my own view it's not a must?,do anybody know someone who used other app and won?. The site is not opening at all,i think it should be the numbers of pple trying to enter the site abi?
For me I don't no if it is a must I used mozilla for my it was smooth registration for me

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
ahmedgafar7: Kindly reply to my post pls. What am I going to fill in this columns (1) In Care Of -------
(2) Address Line 1 ----              (3). Address Line 2 (optional) -----
(4) City/Town -----             
(5) District/County/Province/State -----             
(5) Postal Code/Zip Code-----
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wildchild1: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
highest level of education...i only have my ssce result and am in my final year...what should i pick? high school with degree or high school no degree...some pls help
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
seir405:
For me I don't no if it is a must I used mozilla for my it was smooth registration for me

I used firefox too. I used Ie8, but could only preview. I suggest you use firefox oh.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=ahmedgafar7][/quote]
Dis was d way I filled my
1.In care of= my full name
2. Address line 1= my address like no 1 olutoyin street,
3. Address line 2=iju ogunjimu ishaja bus stop

4. City/town =agege local govt
(5) District/County/Province/State =lagos state
) Postal Code/Zip Code =23401
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
wild child: highest level of education...i only have my ssce result and am in my final year...what should i pick? high school with degree or high school no degree...some pls help
since u haf ssce result dat's high school with degree... Thanks !!!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wildchild1: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
packaging: since u haf ssce result dat's high school with degree... Thanks !!!
done...thanks boss
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
packaging: Photo Requirements

The submitted image must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months. Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the following requirements may result in disqualification from the lottery.

Image Acquisition
The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
Compositional Specifications
Content

The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant's shoulders.
The image must not include other objects or additional people.
The entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
Head Position

The subject must directly face the camera.
The head must not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image's total height. The diagram below shows these measurements on a correctly-proportioned image.
am having a mild shadow of my head around my ear lobe @ the left
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
am having a mild shadow of my head around my ear lobe @ the left
that was d problem wit mine too ...but i edited it ni o to cut d shadow away

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.