Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4547470 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Firstimer: Hello house. I put to bed 4days ago n my breast milk started flowing yesterday. My baby poos almost immediately after every feed. Should i be worried. Som1 suggested i apply silverbird oil on his head dat the stooling wil make him not add weight.

I get d silverbird stuff ,used it for my son , but it was diluted.mix half bottle of baby oil wit a bottle of silverbird.I use Johnson.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Firstimer: Hello house. I put to bed 4days ago n my breast milk started flowing yesterday. My baby poos almost immediately after every feed. Should i be worried. Som1 suggested i apply silverbird oil on his head dat the stooling wil make him not add weight.

You should be worried if your baby does not poop after almost every feed at this stage. It's absolutely normal (4-8 times daily). Better don't use anything!!! As the baby gets used to the milk and develops, the poop will reduce.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Silver bird is used more for cold and it's not used directly, usually mixed with their oil. For ur baby's age, can't say how safe it is but dont think it has any links with stooling. The stooling will stop on its own so far good hygiene is maintained and u watch what u eat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
@cl1ly yes m1xd two t0gether just put d Shea butter 1n a sta1nless plate den heat t0 melT after put d skineal and turn very well dats all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2014
ijeoma2728:

Not rily, but sumtym he sucks his bottom lip Nd puts anytin he sees in his mouth
you've gotten your answer..he is about to start growing his teeth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2014
jam04: you've gotten your answer..he is about to start growing his teeth

Thanks soo much Jam04.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
babe01: good morning mothers, am a new mom too, hope am welcome here. may the lord help us all
Welcome babe!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2014
good morning mothers, pls i need advice. my 4weeks old baby cried almost tru out the night, what could be the cause. and my Mil asked me to get gripe water or nospanmy for my babys stomach. pls are they safe n which is better. and my baby has rashes on his face, what can i do pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2014
thanks alot ma
okirewaju: Welcome babe!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:45am On Sep 08, 2014
babe01: good morning mothers, pls i need advice. my 4weeks old baby cried almost tru out the night, what could be the cause. and my Mil asked me to get gripe water or nospanmy for my babys stomach. pls are they safe n which is better. and my baby has rashes on his face, what can i do pls
crying throughout the night is not normal. Did she respond to breast milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orpeyearme: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2014
Please mothers, can I give my 6months old baby peak 123 to mix with her pap, n what other food can I give her. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2014
he eat well o, but i dnt understand that cry
jam04: crying throughout the night is not normal. Did she respond to breast milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opeoluwa2(f): 10:02am On Sep 08, 2014
Good morning mamas,how was your weekend?
Thanks to everyone that answers our questions and attends to our worries. God bless you all.
However, I will like to point out some issues that I have noticed with some mothers.
Pls mothers, when God decided to give us these kids he entrusted their lives,wellbeing,upkeep in totality to us(parents).
Coming short of these responsibility,is failure on our part. And God is going to hold us responsible.

1)As a mother/parent take extra precautions in whatever you feed your babies.you must first taste whatever you are giving to that child either medication, food or drink.

2)pls read instructions very well, either on their toys, food or medication.read and understand before administering.

3)sample opinions of other mothers before taking a decision.it ll guide you in making right choices.

4)Dont feed your baby concoction or adult food that their system cannot digest.only give recommended food according to months or age.don't mix cereal and puree.
* Eg pap and cerelac,goldenmore and custard.
*Peak123 are for children between 12months and 3years old.

5)consult a paediatrician/doctor for proper medication.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
I think peak 123 is given to a child of 1 year and above.. read instruction please.
orpeyearme: Please mothers, can I give my 6months old baby peak 123 to mix with her pap, n what other food can I give her. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2014
orpeyearme: Please mothers, can I give my 6months old baby peak 123 to mix with her pap, n what other food can I give her. Thanks

Please DO NOT give your baby Peak 123. She is not old enough for that. Instead, mix formula for her with her pap or to drink. Give her adult food in bits so she can start appreciating it. Stuff like soup, very soft boiled rice, soft plantain, banana, etc. Just anything but still give her regular formula until she is about 1yr or 18 months. That will be her main nutrition while the other foods are just for her to start appreciating adult food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Please, for mum's that are using silverbird, read the instructions on the packet. You will see that silverbird is not meant to come in contact with the skin at all. It is meant to be smelt by baby near him like on a ball of cotton wool or in a bowl of water if the baby is old enough. Do not drop anything on the soft part of baby's head, it leads to complications later in life.

Beautiful mums, let us be careful of a lot of practices that have been handed down. Before you do or use anything, read up about the good and the bad so you can make informed decisions.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nkemella: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2014
Pls experienced mothers my baby use to make som noise while breathing it wil be as if somtin is blockn her throat,nd she is just 1week old.pls wht culd be d cause nd wht can I do to mak it stop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
babe01: good morning mothers, pls i need advice. my 4weeks old baby cried almost tru out the night, what could be the cause. and my Mil asked me to get gripe water or nospanmy for my babys stomach. pls are they safe n which is better. and my baby has rashes on his face, what can i do pls
It's most likely gas troubles. Are you bottle feeding? Suspend it for now if you are, then burp the baby well.

When he is crying have you tried swaddling, backing, singing, rocking, white music. Etc.

Personally I won't advice gripe water or any of those gas drops. My pediatrician adviced against it when my baby had gas troubles but I went ahead out of desperation and my baby reacted to it.

However some people say it work. You can read both positive and negative reviews online and make up your mind.

As for the rashes are you rubbing oil on the baby's head? If you are stop it till he is at least 3 months. That's the no 1 cause of rashes for infant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=Nkemella]Pls experienced mothers my baby use to make som noise while breathing it wil be as if somtin is blockn her throat,nd she is just 1week old.pls wht culd be d cause nd wht can I do to mak it stop. [/quote
If it's grunting it's normal cuz the respiratory system is still developing but take the baby to your pediatrician to double check
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2014

The 123 at the back of peak means ages 1,2,3

Try and read the instructions on every item you buy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
@opeoluwa I think fruit puree can be mixed with cereal o! To sweeten the cereal or to thicken the puree. But this is after the puree and the cereal has been given individually to rule out allergies and the like

Anyways valid point there. Mothers should endeavor to do a looooooot of research. The internet is an open book
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
FINA4804: how old is your baby

7 month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opeoluwa2(f): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
@favouredgal, OK that point is noted.
How is your Lo. Kiss and hugs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
@favoredgal, thanks alot. i finally bought the gripe water n gave him and it worked
favoredgal:
It's most likely gas troubles. Are you bottle feeding? Suspend it for now if you are, then burp the baby well.

When he is crying have you tried swaddling, backing, singing, rocking, white music. Etc.

Personally I won't advice gripe water or any of those gas drops. My pediatrician adviced against it when my baby had gas troubles but I went ahead out of desperation and my baby reacted to it.

However some people say it work. You can read both positive and negative reviews online and make up your mind.

As for the rashes are you rubbing oil on the baby's head? If you are stop it till he is at least 3 months. That's the no 1 cause of rashes for infant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
@opeoluwa, thanks for the information. but for mixing cereal its not bad I do it alot and its good for my baby.

Please peak 123 is from 1year it is better to adhere I think there is a reason for doing it that way, if you are cutting cost you can use Lactogen, Nan, Thrive which are not too expensive.

@nkemella, take your baby to the doc they will check her.it happened to my baby the doc said her chest was clear and with time it stopped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
you can add soybeans to make it richer.you can give indomie buy boil it very soft. I don't add the spices.
ritawine2: Thanks to all that replied my questions,as for d pap what can I add into it apart from formula and can I give my baby indomie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
babe01: he eat well o, but i dnt understand that cry
take him to a doc for physical examination
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2014
thanks for ur advice, my son is doing good now.
jam04: take him to a doc for physical examination
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hellooo mamas, I just heard now that indomie causes cancer.Is this true or I'm I missing something? Has anyone heard of this or is it just a rumour?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
That is what people always say but no proof, remember this product still have a NAFDAC number I don't eat indomie that much, I eat it like once in a month, I feel it should not be eaten too much, add things like carrot, egg and other things to make it richer. For me I don't think it causes cancer because no cancer case have being tagged to indomie
imurboss: Hellooo mamas, I just heard now that indomie causes cancer.Is this true or I'm I missing something? Has anyone heard of this or is it just a rumour?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
imurboss: Hellooo mamas, I just heard now that indomie causes cancer.Is this true or I'm I missing something? Has anyone heard of this or is it just a rumour?

A rumor older than 20 years. Heard it first in secondary skl of not primary
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rumour mongers everywhere, the moment I heard it I believe another manufacturer is just trying to discredit another person's work #competitionthings#

If I tell u that since I heard that rumour I've stopped giving my lo indomie grin, only God can help us. Thanks for your response my people @Fina4804 @favoredgal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.