Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404761 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:02am On Sep 10, 2014
favoredgal:

You should be worried if your baby does not poop after almost every feed at this stage. It's absolutely normal (4-8 times daily). Better don't use anything!!! As the baby gets used to the milk and develops, the poop will reduce.

Gbam!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jayhector70: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
How to Treat Your Baby’s Cold

Your baby’s cold can be just as hard on you as it is on her. But you can help ease your baby’s discomfort and keep the infection from worsening by ensuring she gets sufficient rest and liquids, which would include breast milk or formula if she’s less than four months old. Older babies can have a little water, and by six months she can begin drinking juices.

To relieve congestion, try squeezing some over-the-counter saline solution drops into each nostril, then suctioning with a rubber bulb syringe after a few moments to remove the mucus and liquid. This works well about fifteen minutes prior to a feeding if it’s difficult for your baby to breathe nasally while nursing. A bit of petroleum jelly to the outside of your baby’s nostrils can help reduce irritation.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orpeyearme: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2014
Hello mthers, can I give my 6months old baby beans undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tushmum(f): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Now the confusion eyaf start oo,My Bobo will be 6months nxt month,I want to start preparing myself after EBF.Which Cereal and food can I start introducing to him?because am really getting seriously bothered being a First Time mum.Experienced Mothers,help a JJC out biko.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jayhector70: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
orpeyearme: Hello mthers, can I give my 6months old baby beans undecided

Around the time a baby reaches 6 months of age, he or she is typically ready to begin eating solid foods. One of the absolute best foods for a 6-month-old baby is breast milk or formula, which should still make up a large portion of his or her daily calories. Iron-fortified cereal is mild on most children’s stomachs and can be a good starting food, while pureed fruits and vegetables, preferably made from single ingredients, are also good options. Blended or mashed meats, or beans can help to add additional protein and iron to a child’s diet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jayhector70: 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tushmum: Now the confusion eyaf start oo,My Bobo will be 6months nxt month,I want to start preparing myself after EBF.Which Cereal and food can I start introducing to him?because am really getting seriously bothered being a First Time mum.Experienced Mothers,help a JJC out biko.

There is no reason to be bothered being a first time mum, we are here to help.

Around the time a baby reaches 6 months of age, he or she is typically ready to begin eating solid foods. One of the absolute best foods for a 6-month-old baby is breast milk or formula, which should still make up a large portion of his or her daily calories. to make up additional protein and iron to the child diet blended mashed meat or beans can help.

Single ingredient purees of fruit and vegetables are some of the most popular foods for infants of this age. These can not only add healthy vitamins and nutrients to a child’s diet, but can also introduce him or her to a wide array of flavors. In most cases, especially if the 6-month-old baby is just starting to eat foods other than breast milk or formula, it is recommended that only one fruit or vegetable puree is fed at a time to make it easier to pinpoint an allergy if a reaction occurs. Some popular types of these foods for a 6-month-old baby include peaches, apples, and bananas, as well as carrot, green bean, and sweet potato.

food rich in iron and protein, meat like chicken, beef and turkey are often consider to be good option.
For those that would like to add protein to their child’s diet without meat, legumes, such as kidney and butter beans, are all good foods for a 6-month-old baby.i hope this help

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tushmum(f): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks so much@JayHector,God bless you loads
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
@tushmum, start gradually, at first your lo may reject be patient.start with formula then proceed to a cereal with single grain. Then you gradually take note of what your lo likes then you can start using cereals with mixed grains and fruits.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
You can but make sure its very soft and be very watchful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opeoluwa2(f): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Orpeyeame, you peel the beans when you want to make for babies just like u want to make moi moi. And cook the white part with crayfish or Titus.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello beautiful mothers, how are you all doing, your LO and Hubby. Lovely weekend to you all. Remember to always wash your hands and that of your LO'S
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
FINA4804: Hello beautiful mothers, how are you all doing, your LO and Hubby. Lovely weekend to you all. Remember to always wash your hands and that of your LO'S
So what happens to fathers? You didn't greet us & ask of our babes(wives)! You're forgiven! Thanks for d reminder.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by picki(f): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2014
Guys I need your wealth of knowledge. I just lost a 2month old pregnancy and had to do an evacuation as advised by the gynaecologist. Asides the antibiotics and flagyl given to me, are there other things I need to do, to avoid infection or blocked tube due to the process I underwent. I took uda soup for just 2days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2014
picki: Guys I need your wealth of knowledge. I just lost a 2month old pregnancy and had to do an evacuation as advised by the gynaecologist. Asides the antibiotics and flagyl given to me, are there other things I need to do, to avoid infection or blocked tube due to the process I underwent. I took uda soup for just 2days.
Sorry, ma'am. May you never experience such again. I'm not sure there's any other except that you wait for 2-3month before trying for another preg. This will get your hormones back to normal i.e. Get rid of d pregnancy hormones in your body & prep your body for another. You can continue d use of your pre-natal drugs-folic acid+d other one(I've forgotten d name)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
@jboixxx, please I am sorry, all wounderful daddies you are too much. Always wash your hands
@picki, it seems we are in the same boat I just lost a few weeks pregnancy I was admitted on friday I was still pregnant but it fell on friday night so I will go to the hospital tomorrow, its not easy but I just thank God, I have stopped all the drugs I was given to prevent it I will go for a fresh list of drugs tomorrow, just stay strong.please my sister what is uda soup?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2014
FINA4804: @jboixxx, please I am sorry, all wounderful daddies you are too much. Always wash your hands
@picki, it seems we are in the same boat I just lost a few weeks pregnancy I was admitted on friday I was still pregnant but it fell on friday night so I will go to the hospital tomorrow, its not easy but I just thank God, I have stopped all the drugs I was given to prevent it I will go for a fresh list of drugs tomorrow, just stay strong.please my sister what is uda soup?

Thanks, though was just kidding. Stay strong & keep to your prescription. God will bless both soon.
Kisses.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Please help a ftm,my 6months old baby has refuse to eat anything since yesterday ooo, v tried every means i know,i even introduced adult food to him but his not eating it.am very worried cos his not sucking breast too.his on multivitamin(well kid) please what can i do 2 make him eat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2014
Leave him to be hungry for like two hours, then the food he eats before make it lighter and force even if its little that can enter his stomach. You have to make him eat you can't leave him hungry , you can useyoruba style off his clothes but still done allow him choke.
BryDario: Please help a ftm,my 6months old baby has refuse to eat anything since yesterday ooo, v tried every means i know,i even introduced adult food to him but his not eating it.am very worried cos his not sucking breast too.his on multivitamin(well kid) please what can i do 2 make him eat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Tushmum: Now the confusion eyaf start oo,My Bobo will be 6months nxt month,I want to start preparing myself after EBF.Which Cereal and food can I start introducing to him?because am really getting seriously bothered being a First Time mum.Experienced Mothers,help a JJC out biko.

I made ogi with Guinea corn and add SMA progress. i also gave him Cerelac...the rice and milk was my best.. though i tried others. weldone, Mum.

oh FINA4804. sorry about it. may God give you your own that will stay with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2014
BryDario: Please help a ftm,my 6months old baby has refuse to eat anything since yesterday ooo, v tried every means i know,i even introduced adult food to him but his not eating it.am very worried cos his not sucking breast too.his on multivitamin(well kid) please what can i do 2 make him eat.
pls,start him with cerelac,he will like eat,why nt wait for 8month before introducing adult food to ur baby,baby food cereal is good for babies,its well digested,when u re eating any food,either beans or rice,u can take one grain,make it vry soft and put it in his mouth,so he can knw diff taste of food

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Hi mothers,can I use ordinary boiled tap water to prepare my baby food and also to give him after finish eating, my baby is 7month old.I'm using bottled water for him bt its too costly,I'm scared of my baby having diarrhea,dats why I'm using bottled water for him,pls advice needed,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Mojayo you can boil the tap water,once its cool just put in a clean bottle,by so doing d water is safe for consumption for ur baby. -if water reaches boiling point it has killed almost all d germs in it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
yemstico: Mojayo you can boil the tap water,once its cool just put in a clean bottle,by so doing d water is safe for consumption for ur baby. -if water reaches boiling point it has killed almost all d germs in it.
tanx dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
@rukemi28, Amen .thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ fina ‎​A̶̲̥̅nð mojayo,thanks.have tried every method oo,i went 2 a pharmacist and i got oraxin syrup for him,his eating now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by herryolu: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
nutriben cereal is very good n u can use it with enfamil though nutriben has milk but it's Will be good to use formular alongside.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by herryolu: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
if u will give your baby beans please make sure to remove the back of the beans before cooking I mean the shaft or husk of the bean.wash n remove it as if u want to make moinmoin then boil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyberry: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Goodevening greÀt mums and dads. Pls my 5mths old daughter is having rashes around d pubic region I tink its diaper rash, a friend said I sld use sudocream and expose som times. Pls has any1 used it 4 diaper rash? Hw effective is it. Or wat can I use that can clear it up. Thanks. Patiently waiting 4 replies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
herryolu: if u will give your baby beans please make sure to remove the back of the beans before cooking I mean the shaft or husk of the bean.wash n remove it as if u want to make moinmoin then boil.
Why d need to peel b4 cooking? Please enlighten me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Solid advice. It works
chikkyberry: Goodevening greÀt mums and dads. Pls my 5mths old daughter is having rashes around d pubic region I tink its diaper rash, a friend said I sld use sudocream and expose som times. Pls has any1 used it 4 diaper rash? Hw effective is it. Or wat can I use that can clear it up. Thanks. Patiently waiting 4 replies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tushmum(f): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks so much my people for answering my question.Am so so grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2014
chikkyberry: Goodevening greÀt mums and dads. Pls my 5mths old daughter is having rashes around d pubic region I tink its diaper rash, a friend said I sld use sudocream and expose som times. Pls has any1 used it 4 diaper rash? Hw effective is it. Or wat can I use that can clear it up. Thanks. Patiently waiting 4 replies

In addition to what your friend has said, as a preventive method, put vaseline on your baby's bum to act as a barrier after each diaper change. Also, ensure your baby's bum is dry before putting on the new diaper. Change the diaper more frequently so that she doesn't sit in wet diaper for a long time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.