Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil (23959 Views)

Gen Buhari Get Ready To Face UK Drone Strikes If Anything Happen To Nnamdi Kanu / FG Writes India Over Nigerian ISIS Suspects / US Plans To Extend Drone Strikes Operation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense! I still think the presence of US in Nigeria will change the country for worse to bad. However, bad is better than worse. I would rather live with US buying out oil than the extremist Jihad killings and born to rule mentality of the Northerners.

I suspect millions of Nigerians will support this . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense! I still think the presence of US in Nigeria will change the country for worse to bad. However, bad is better than worse. I would rather live with US buying out oil than the extremist Jihad killings and born to rule mentality of the Northerners.

From worse to bad ?

Did Libya change from worse to bad? How about Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan were they worse off before the US intervention ?

Maybe what you really need is a wake up call, have you heard of the hell fire missile system? Its a missile that the US military fire from the predator drone, here is a recent commentary on its accuracy:

Hellfire Missile Accuracy Problems Uncovered in Pentagon Data
OFFICIAL CLAIMS OF “PINPOINT” ACCURACY ARE EXAGGERATED
Sunday 27 November 2011, by Matthew J. Nasuti

Newly disclosed information by the Pentagon casts doubt on the accuracy and reliability of it primary anti-terrorism tool, the AGM-114 “Hellfire” missile. Fired from drone aircraft such as the Predator, it is the mainstay of the CIA’s not-so-secret bombing campaign in North Waziristan. These new revelations call into question the credibility of dozens of U.S. military and intelligence officials who have been briefing Congress and the American people for years about this weapon system. Exaggerated claims of “pinpoint” accuracy have been used to justify the increasing use of this weapon against targets in urban areas of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and other countries. The result has been increased civilian casualties.

http://kabulpress.org/my/spip.php?article89242
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
More information on the inaccuracy of the hell fire missile:

Some of these classified Hellfire deficiencies were evident on May 5, 2011, when the United States deployed a fearsome armada of aircraft into the skies above Yemen. It included AC-130 gunships, Harrier fighter planes and combat drones. [b]The target was a suspected terrorist named Anwar al-Awlaki. What we know now is that an air to ground missile was fired. The laser guided missile missed the convoy, either because it lost its missile lock or never acquired one to begin with. Anwar al-Awlaki stopped his vehicle and switched cars, but the switch was not detected. Two more missiles were fired and they both missed him. Thereafter, due to bad weather and a lack of fuel for some of the aircraft, further strikes were called off. The air strikes on Anwar al-Awlaki’s convoy were a stunning failure, which should have prompted Congressional hearings, but such never occurred.

The same hearings were not held in 2002 when the CIA fired on and yet failed to hit 2002’s primary bogeyman, terrorist leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyr who was attending a meeting in Kunar Province, Afghanistan. Between 2002 and 2011, there have been a significant string of missile failures and misses, many occurring during CIA air strikes into North Waziristan. None of this would be possible if the Hellfire lived up to its propaganda.[b][/b]

http://kabulpress.org/my/spip.php?article89242
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by nairaman66(m): 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
I hope they send a drone to where wizkid lives

He took your gal? or just pure hating?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by nairaman66(m): 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
(FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil)

This move will only escalate the War.. Nigeria will surely break apart in 2015. I can bank on this saying!
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by DaBullIT(m): 10:47am On Jun 25, 2012
Joeblis: This topic is so misleading..i thought by 2mrw we'll start seeing drones..but wait o shey na only north?

lol technically you dont see them drones hehehehe , that's why they'll say those muurfuckers didn't know what hit em ...

Whistle - boom- splat The End
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by akereconfi: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2012
kennytidistar: america sent in two different warship vessels im sure the drones are already in nigerian Good plan GEJ this is to tell the north that Nigeria belongs to us all.

Yea I heard this on AIT........the SHIP is d take off base for d drones.. (and d drones are armed wf HELLFIRE MISSILE). Civilian casualties r gonna b extremely HIGH...... I fear for abokis.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 03, 2012
Kai Drones in 9ja. Chai D battle line is drawn.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Jakumo(m): 6:38am On Jul 03, 2012
DaBullIT:

lol technically you dont see them drones hehehehe , that's why they'll say those muurfuckers didn't know what hit em ...

Whistle - boom- splat The End

Ha Ha That is about the size of it fer sure. Only terrorist bombing organizers like Ayatollah Buhati Bin Laden of the Boko Haram terror gang fame need worry about Virgin Time though. The rest of y'all can just "go about your normal business" while the jihadist infestation is dealt with remotely from above.

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by martinosi: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
cold: About freaking time!

STFU...U STUpi..d lil id**ot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Deploys State-Of-The-Art Technology In Search Of Oil In North / Dokpesi Released After ‘Incident’ At London Airport / NLC Warns Imo Govt, Wike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique On Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.