Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil (23961 Views)

Gen Buhari Get Ready To Face UK Drone Strikes If Anything Happen To Nnamdi Kanu / FG Writes India Over Nigerian ISIS Suspects / US Plans To Extend Drone Strikes Operation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by kennytidistar(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
america sent in two different warship vessels im sure the drones are already in nigerian Good plan GEJ this is to tell the north that Nigeria belongs to us all.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by toluxa1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
cap28: Nigeria is now officially a battleground for american drones - many innocents will die because of this reckless decision by the cowardly ba.stards who claim they are running Nigeria.

My many, you mean compared to the ones that are dying everying Sunday morning?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by ExcelDec(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
Beware...!
D days of the Illuminati re here...
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by manugbo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
waoh

just like play play
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by maigaskiya1: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
youngies: I am certain it will only be a matter of time before the drones start to dot our sky lines
We shall create new post-cards lipsrsealed
oh my god pls let d drones stat comg
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by IYANGBALI: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Lovely, I say, Kill them all. The Northern Politicians should stop playing politics with people's lives. This is a game changer.
seconded.AMERICA SHOULD HELP US TO KILL THEM ALL.KO NI DA FUN GBOGBO WON LAI.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by carlos86: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
"Members of Boko Harams have fled South bound to East of Nigeria, specifically Anambra where oil has recently been discovered. That is where we will track them down. No terrorist should be allowed to see the light of day"

--- hmmm

Get a life you witch.You are too obsessed with Igbos.I bet an Igbo guy dumped your stinking arse
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by carlos86: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2012
Decryptor: You are making this comment because u are a muslim...don't worry, by the time the central mosque and maybe 5 other mosques are hit by drones and u will be shivering under ur bed reciting the Quran with ur chaplet in trembling fingers, u'll rephrase!

The sad thing is that maclatunji guy is a moderator but very very fanatical.He is one of boko haram's most ardent supporter
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by IYANGBALI: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
kumbalo: long live Odua people republic.
Wa sere omo iya
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by IYANGBALI: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
davida222: Evry state in thè north shuld b wipe off by the Drone Strike, Nigeria is a God forsakin country!!!
especially the northern part of the country,the people there are cursed
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by IYANGBALI: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
jayhanks: Some people here are not so exposed about drones.drones are un-manned ariel vehicles and can range from the size of an okada to a danfo bus,they are being operated by highly experienced military engineers through computers and dont act by their own discretion.
Drone strikes wud be the best option against boko because these guys usually hold meetings like cultist in locations and drones are expected to do the dirty job of leveling the location to the ground.well from my knowledge of drone operations,drone operators dont fire in public except in racial grudges and so on.and lastly not all drones are meant to be lethal with bombs and missiles,some are used for survelliance to aid tracking down terrorist bases e.g Osama.
it is time i park out of alhaji suleiman,s house before america go drone me for the place.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by lorddannie: 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2012
alameenLM: Its obvious that we are still slaves(to our colonist) in this country.some of us are shouting "So be it" to drone attacks.there has been no country that the US claimed to cleanse except that innocent people were massacred in mass.Lets think critically that had it been Germany,China,Japan or Russia that boko haram existed will the US even dare interfere.and what the hell is a terrorist list?.why didn't england & france have their own list? Is the US the only one that has humans in it.those US bastards are destroying weak countries when people are suffering in their own country & some think they stand for world peace.lets be wise,think properly & save ourselves from slavery.#freeNIGERIA
ur statement is not unexpected.sh,it boko
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Godjone(m): 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2012
youngies: IN what seems like a tacit partial surrender of the nation’s sovereignty to the United States of America, the Nigerian Embassy in the US yesterday formally wrote to the US State Department to appeal that in the event of a US attack on targeted Boko Haram insurgents, on Nigerian soil, their innocent immediate neighbours should not be harmed.

The development comes as the Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Hassan Kukah, reiterated his call for dialogue with the Boko Haram sect, even while urging improved intelligence gathering.

The US had, on Thursday, placed three Boko Haram leaders—- Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi—- on its terror list.

The letter from the Nigerian Embassy reads: [b]“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria presents its compliments to the Unites States Department of State and has the honour to acknowledge the news of the implementation of Section 1B Executive Order 13224 by which the State Department declared Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi as specially Designated Global Terrorists. The designation according to the Order is designed to diminish the capacity of these men who are members of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks.

“While the facts contained in the Order are not in dispute, the Embassy hereby expresses its sadness that the Boko Haram episode has led to such a declaration.

“The Embassy however wishes to assure that the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is firmly resolved in its determination to bring an end to the destructive activities of this group. We shall continue our efforts in this direction with the active cooperation and assistance of our friends and allies especially our host government.

“The Embassy however wishes to appeal that whatever action that is eventually taken against these individuals, their immediate neighbours who have felt most the impact, but are very much vehemently opposed to the activities of Boko Hararn, should not be affected.

“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the United States Department of State, the assurances of its highest consideration.”[/b]

Military actions against terrorists in Somalia and Pakistan included drone attacks among other options under the US search and destroy objective against foreign terrorists.

Although the US State Department announcement on Thursday morning in Washington DC did not expressly say so, diplomats said yesterday that With the designation of the three Nigerians as terrorists, they now fall under the potential of direct attacks by the US government at anytime since they are now identified as enemies and threats to American’s national security interests.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1840-fg-writes-us-over-possible-drone-strikes-on-nigerian-soil-
. When we go dae expecet dem? Can dey make it next wk? I cant wait 2 c d drones touchin 9ja soil
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Godjone(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
youngies: IN what seems like a tacit partial surrender of the nation’s sovereignty to the United States of America, the Nigerian Embassy in the US yesterday formally wrote to the US State Department to appeal that in the event of a US attack on targeted Boko Haram insurgents, on Nigerian soil, their innocent immediate neighbours should not be harmed.

The development comes as the Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Hassan Kukah, reiterated his call for dialogue with the Boko Haram sect, even while urging improved intelligence gathering.

The US had, on Thursday, placed three Boko Haram leaders—- Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi—- on its terror list.

The letter from the Nigerian Embassy reads: [b]“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria presents its compliments to the Unites States Department of State and has the honour to acknowledge the news of the implementation of Section 1B Executive Order 13224 by which the State Department declared Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi as specially Designated Global Terrorists. The designation according to the Order is designed to diminish the capacity of these men who are members of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks.

“While the facts contained in the Order are not in dispute, the Embassy hereby expresses its sadness that the Boko Haram episode has led to such a declaration.

“The Embassy however wishes to assure that the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is firmly resolved in its determination to bring an end to the destructive activities of this group. We shall continue our efforts in this direction with the active cooperation and assistance of our friends and allies especially our host government.

“The Embassy however wishes to appeal that whatever action that is eventually taken against these individuals, their immediate neighbours who have felt most the impact, but are very much vehemently opposed to the activities of Boko Hararn, should not be affected.

“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the United States Department of State, the assurances of its highest consideration.”[/b]

Military actions against terrorists in Somalia and Pakistan included drone attacks among other options under the US search and destroy objective against foreign terrorists.

Although the US State Department announcement on Thursday morning in Washington DC did not expressly say so, diplomats said yesterday that With the designation of the three Nigerians as terrorists, they now fall under the potential of direct attacks by the US government at anytime since they are now identified as enemies and threats to American’s national security interests.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1840-fg-writes-us-over-possible-drone-strikes-on-nigerian-soil-
. When we go dae expecet dem? Can dey make it next wk? I cant wait 2 c d drones touchin 9ja soil
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by lorddannie: 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2012
philip0906: ^^
u now have 2 wait 4 d americans 2 help ur senseless boss. . .i pity u cos they r paving the way 4 their prediction grin grin
if u were in damaturu on friday u would swallow those words.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by lorddannie: 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
Find Out!:

nah, d drones will bomb wherever they decide that the terrorists are hiding, even if its Otuoke. Then when d country is in chaos & people r being killed everywhere, they'll offer to assist in managing your oil. I recently read here in NL that US has cut demand on Nigerian crude. Is that connected to d probablility/fact that they now control Libya's oil I dunno. Btw, how come Libya is now suddenly calm again

& like someone asked earlier, why was d libya treatment not meted out to Tunisia? Perhaps Tunisia has no ''attraction'' :/ .....
it would better for nigerian oil to be controlled by US, THAN BY HOME MADE ROGUES
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by lorddannie: 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
cap28: So many people actually think that if nigeria is disintegrated they will be better off. When you are smaller you are weaker and easier to subdue by your enemies, if nigeria disintegrates it will end up like Libya with inter tribal wars and mass killings, this is what your enemy - the United States and Britain want - they want you to be weak, small and disorganised so that they can control you much more easily and that is where nigeria is heading, so all of you people who keep screaming for disintegration look at Libya because that is your future.

hello?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by izenco2005(m): 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2012
Hmmmmm I trust us, dey like where oil dey now, no be today de wan enter dis country, de go from. Here carry der oil pipe de go dem country.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by DaRapture: 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2012
Godjone: . When we go dae expecet dem? Can dey make it next wk? I cant wait 2 c d drones touchin 9ja soil

There wont be any drones touching ground in Nigeria. cheesy The average Drone has an ability to fly over 400 miles to a target, stay in the sky over that target for over 16 hours, and then fly the 400 miles back to base. This means the they have more than enough fuel to be flow off of an American ship stationed in the Gulf go deep into Northern Nigerian territory and stay out there for hours, hit a target and return back to the ship with no problem.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2012
drones? oh snap, I just crapped my pants!
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by nethacker(m): 1:23am On Jun 24, 2012
webdezzi: i still wonder why a country will decide to shoot targets in another country based on believes that the target in view is actually their intended target
what if the maths/physics goes wrong and the drone ends up in my backyard in lagos.

I imagine the tables turned and Nigeria aiming targets in Washington, and the US writing us to please make sure we dont kill innocent neighbors.
How sad and unfair
!

if that will help stop these attacks, so be it. I just pray they take out the major sponsor, Mr Buhari

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin @ the bolded
please slap urself back to reality from slumber. it seems u hv lost touch with facts and time so please stop chewing on ice grin grin Let them wipe out those cancerous elements called BH angry
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Jun 24, 2012
tunapawizzy: I'd rather live with US taking charge than fooling masef that goodluck is in charge. Even though we know US will take d matter beyond Bokoharam to stay further n steal crude oil after BokoHaram might have been dealt with, personally I don't have anything against it.our useless leaders don't kuku allow us benefit from d oil money. So let US come and ride all of us. If US will guarantee ma security so be it. If US will aid our separation so be it. Ayam tired of these cows in d north...all of dem. Animals . Attack IBB attack danjuma attack all dese ur leaders na innocent church goers dem go dy bomb...foools.

i suspect millions of nigerians will support this ! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 1:37am On Jun 24, 2012
bayooooooo:
Adefuye's letter is tantamount to surrendering Nigeria's sovereignty to US.

It's really a bad piece of news. US will leave scars behind after their proposed operations in Nigeria.
America has NEVER initiated policy to help move Nigeria nay Africa forward. Until we Nigerians take charge of this country, we will perpetually be in darkness. The truth of the matter is the more you read about US foreign policy the more you come to the conclusion that US is evil.

Listen to Dr Paul Craig Robert's (former govt insider during the Reagan administration) explanation for the the real reason for the US military's presence in africa, he starts from 4:52 listen to what he says about nigeria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uERkdXEbSp0
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Billygee2u: 1:51am On Jun 24, 2012
TALKING ABOUT THIS DRONES,CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW THIS DRONES WORK AND ATTACK BEFORE I WILL SAY MY FINAL WORDS?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Jun 24, 2012
Billygee2u: TALKING ABOUT THIS DRONES,CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW THIS DRONES WORK AND ATTACK BEFORE I WILL SAY MY FINAL WORDS?

Google can! wink
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by jessMena(f): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2012
I've always known dat smday d Americans will com 2 9ja n dat's because dey fight 4 nations dat produce crude oil n I know because Rwanda had dis deadly war b/w 2 tribes
Some Yrs ago where women n children were slaughtered but nobody came 2 their aid...More pipu died inside d united nation building were dey ran 2 for help but UN removed their soldiers, d foreigners n abandoned dem in d building.it was only d white reverend father dat refused 2 folo dem because he thot dey were inhuman n he cudn't abandon d kids n he eventually died wiv dem..well I'm happy dey r coming 2 fight 4 us even if dey decide 2 control our oil productn,thanks 2 BH 4 bringing dis upon us I hope u guys r happy?u better start celebrating now cos it will b Ʋя last...And 2 d Americans pls don't just kill dem but wipe their entire family n any neighbour dat never informed d police abt d activities of his BH neighbour can suffer too...so pls ignore dat letter cos we permit u kill dem all.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by kjhova(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2012
For the apparently truly uninformed lot on this thread, let me lay out to you how these operations work.
When America comes, they'd usually require a nearby command post for the code-named ops. This base could be an aircraft carrier off the bight of Benin or in-land within Nigeria or in Niger or the Libyan desert.
American ops is always independent of the host govt so they do not carry their hosts along in their plans.
Drones or UAVs have limited range thus they must take off from the nereby bases. Their limitation is that they utilize 2-dimensional satellite imagery & thus cannot differentiate a wedding party from a gathering mob. The US command posts therefore usually require a spy on d ground to co-identify targets. Many times, this spy is a local boy with limited training/motivation. This is where errors come from.
UAV attack once wiped out an entire wedding reception in Kandahar in error!! Also, Nato airstrike on Serbia in the 1990's once destroyed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade, killing many!!
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by kjhova(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2012
For those baying for blood on NL, those fervently demanding that American bombs carpet-level the entire 19 states of Northern Nigeria. Even if you are die hard anti-muslim, do you reckon with the fact that 30% or more of the northern population are christians? Do you spare a thought for the millions of your "fellow" southerners there too? Has it occured to you that BH equally bombed many mosques & gunned down critical imams in their early days in Bornu & Yobe?
Do you realize that the US don't love you more than the northerner & don't hate the Hausa more than the igbo? Does it occour to you that US interest does not factor your comfort in?
Finally, if intel revealled Shekau & Al Banarwi together in a saloon car on 3rd Mainland Bridge at night, do you think American command protocol will care if Uche, Dayo or Ekenne is in the next car in front with his entire family? They'd carpet every living soul on that bridge to get their target!
They can always tender an apology for the loss of innocent lives anyway.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2012
hmmm
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2012
yea
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by NAJALYN: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
I love this post. The US should urgently assist us. We need it.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
kj_hova: For those baying for blood on NL, those fervently demanding that American bombs carpet-level the entire 19 states of Northern Nigeria. Even if you are die hard anti-muslim, do you reckon with the fact that 30% or more of the northern population are christians? Do you spare a thought for the millions of your "fellow" southerners there too? Has it occured to you that BH equally bombed many mosques & gunned down critical imams in their early days in Bornu & Yobe?
Do you realize that the US don't love you more than the northerner & don't hate the Hausa more than the igbo? Does it occour to you that US interest does not factor your comfort in?
Finally, if intel revealled Shekau & Al Banarwi together in a saloon car on 3rd Mainland Bridge at night, do you think American command protocol will care if Uche, Dayo or Ekenne is in the next car in front with his entire family? They'd carpet every living soul on that bridge to get their target!
They can always tender an apology for the loss of innocent lives anyway.
Nonsense! I still think the presence of US in Nigeria will change the country for worse to bad. However, bad is better than worse. I would rather live with US buying out oil than the extremist Jihad killings and born to rule mentality of the Northerners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suleiman Abba Picks Senatorial Forms At APC Secretariat / CBN Debunks Claims About Capacity Of NSPMC Plc, Alleged Threats To Close Banks / Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.