Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:10 PM

Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? (13252 Views)

Poll: Can u do it or appreciate it?

Guyz yes: 55% (105 votes)
Girlz yes: 19% (36 votes)
Guyz, hell no: 16% (31 votes)
Girls, hell no: 1% (2 votes)
Guyz nd girlz, not my business: 7% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Can You Sleep Over In Your Girlfriends Apartment Frequently? / Your Girlfriends May Be Doing More Harm Than . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 5:39am On Jun 25, 2012
ayosmiles: I used to have this girlfriend I loved so much that I would go to her place, sleepover and cook her breakfast. On weekends I would help her tidy her room before takin her out. When she left me, I thought she felt I was too attached but now she's back beggin me to come back, sayin she made a mistake and no guy could care 4 her like me.

Guys, is it wise to do those things for your woman? Girls, will you appreciate a guy that does that?

i don't think that there is anything wrong with it at all. a male who caters to his woman is the ultimate man. he is secure enough in himself to know that cooking and cleaning does not make him any less of a man, but that taking care of his woman ensures that she is happy. if his woman is happy and pleased, she in turn will do her best to please him back.

I got cooked breakfast the other day, and the gesture was very sweet and clued me in to what was in store if I play my cards with this particular guy. A man such as the one described in this post wants his woman to depend on him totally, fulfilling all of her needs, so that she will want no other but him.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by daygee4u(m): 6:00am On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=ayosmiles]I used to have this girlfriend I loved so much that I would go to her place, sleepover and cook her breakfast. On weekends I would help her tidy her room before takin her out. When she left me, I thought she felt I was too attached but now she's back beggin me to come back, sayin she made a mistake and no guy could care 4 her like me.

Guy you need help, its like you do not have any work to do and the lady is the one financing you. That is y you thot it wise to do those things she would prefer doing for you. That you do irt for her does not mean she loves you or will end up marrying you. So think not twice bt many times over your actions
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by http(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2012
i can only do that for my mother, you know why? she has done those things for me severally...
I can do that for my wife but not routine.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2012
I laugh at how all the girls here are like "YES I want a man to be like this" only for them to come across him and then totally abuse him with her friends because they can never look at him the same way again after he washes her used thongs grin. He would instantly be seen as a bich-made nigga.

Please have better aspirations and things to do with your time than trying to please women. You will be the better for it, and your relationship with the more confused gender will most likely work out better that way. cheesy
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2012
abysirius:
How u feel about this depends on ur person and d understnding with which u're doind it. Left to me, I won't feel less or abused if i find d grace to help her in this regards. She's my world.
u gurlfriend na ur world watin u wife o come b na
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 25, 2012
TisaBone:

i don't think that there is anything wrong with it at all. a male who caters to his woman is the ultimate man. he is secure enough in himself to know that cooking and cleaning does not make him any less of a man, but that taking care of his woman ensures that she is happy. if his woman is happy and pleased, she in turn will do her best to please him back.

I got cooked breakfast the other day, and the gesture was very sweet and clued me in to what was in store if I play my cards with this particular guy. A man such as the one described in this post wants his woman to depend on him totally, fulfilling all of her needs, so that she will want no other but him.

Because it happened "the other day". If this happens often enough you would take it for granted.
Unless you're one of those 30-ish+ year old women I talked about earlier who may have the maturity needed to appreciate such things from their men.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2012
ayosmiles: I used to have this girlfriend I loved so much that I would go to her place, sleepover and cook her breakfast. On weekends I would help her tidy her room before takin her out. When she left me, I thought she felt I was too attached but now she's back beggin me to come back, sayin she made a mistake and no guy could care 4 her like me.

Guys, is it wise to do those things for your woman? Girls, will you appreciate a guy that does that?

You might not know this, I think you are a Male Prost$itute!

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by ladysmart: 8:31am On Jun 25, 2012
I wil really appreciate it wit all my heart if my gud help me wit house chores. But i have always been on de "unlucky" avenue. Meeting only a guy dat wil turn u 2 a slave n upon dat be hostile to u at any slightest mistake.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Ayodhejjy(m): 8:36am On Jun 25, 2012
Well, there is nothing bad in helpin ones gf , fiance or wify. But the major problem there is dt, ladies woul take that advantages and makes u a slave.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by likearose(f): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2012
I laugh @ all these guys saying 'Girlfriend NO' Wife "YES'. If u can for your wife why not for your girlfriend?..He who can be trusted in a little thing is trusted in a bigger one.'If u understnd wat i mean'.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2012
2buff:

Because it happened "the other day". If this happens often enough you would take it for granted.
Unless you're one of those 30-ish+ year old women I talked about earlier who may have the maturity needed to appreciate such things from their men.

2buff I did not have the desire to read through all of the posts , just wanting to add my two cents. I get what u are saying because as time wears on a lot of people do tend to take the things done for them by people who love them for granted. But you see , I am not the type who could do such a thing for the simple fact that once a person comes in contact with someone real after years with posers, you never want to go back to being treated a way that you know that you don't deserve.

Besides, although I'm twenty three and he is twenty five, both of us have been through a lot, and are not for games. This is a real man I'm dealing with, and I would never mess a good thing up.

And lastly, I could definently appreciate a man who caters to his woman, living only to make her happy, because i myself was raised by a phenomenal man whose only desire was to put a smile on my face. He cooked, he cleaned, and if he did not feel like making dinner that day, even if he was out running errands, by the time I would come home from school, a meal from one of my favorite restaurants would be waiting for me. ( as a kid I was partial to quiznos subs. Lol. smiley

The point I am trying to make is that I enjoy this type of treatment, was raised on it, and a man who fits the description will get shown nothing but love and appreciation for me. I would always love and cherish him, and he would never feel as though "mission:make my woman happy" is all for naught, and in vain.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by vickspider(f): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2012
the problem is that 'some' women take their men for granted especially when he's loving and attentive, i came back from work one day, was so tired and went straight to bed to take a lil nap, all to wake up few hours later to the smell of fried plantain and egg, with tea.......i felt so loved and appreciated....also ladies dont forget to thank him and appreciate ur man especially if he's d attentive kind. wink
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 25, 2012
If you help a lady she will take you for granted
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by bukatyne(f): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2012
Adetayo100: If you help a lady she will take you for granted
n if u help a man, will he not take u for granted? it depends on individuals! some have common sense n appreciates quality; some don't want quality but quantity n some don't know quality when they see it. it goes both ways! i'm tired of generalizations! we ladies also have generalizations of guys that don't appreciate ladies; yet when we meet a prospective gentleman, we give him d benefit of doubt! you guys should learn to deal wit ladies of quality!
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Kassidy90(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2012
Remind me of skul dayz.........its a gud thn, bt dey dnt wat it.......mtcheeeewwww
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2012
Also, it depends on the type of person that you are dating. It is the responsibility of both parties to feel one another out, to discern whether they possess qualities such as selfishness, whether they are ungrateful, and so on and so forth. These personality traits will obviously put up a red flag as to whether your love, affection, and attentive nature will be truly appreciated. If you still jump into A relationship with a selfish person, knowing full and well that that is how they are and always will be, then the fault lies with you and only you, if at the end of the day you end up feeling used up and drained dry,
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2012
Hmmmm ... ah sabi say na ghals go like dis thread passa and na dem co dey support ghuys wen agree say dem dey do am .... mtcheeeew .... Next tyme no try am again ... yhu co turn woman wrapper ... yhu if help her am maybe if to say na she dey cook ... see as yhu turn boy
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
when i say I will love and cherish a man who provides and does what I need him to do for me, ( cooking, cleaning, etc.) he will always know he is appreciated, and he will receive a simulated love that will feel just like the real thing.

But a question to all people who are in their thirties and beyond...... Is it wrong to love what a person does for you, and because they do what they do, you show them love, but you are unable to actually feel that deep of an emotion? After all being in love doesn't sound like much fun.......Idk...... Just sayin......
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
"It's tha thuggish ruggish boooone!"
what up Tisa? cheesy cheesy lol missed you hun...

*off to read replies*
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
2buff:

FAIL, FAIL, MEGA FAIL cheesy

You sound really young. For the sake of your mental sanity and the health of your relationships, always consider such words as "things you tell her", not things you tell yourself. These girls, their brains are fried my friend. If they feel they can do whatever they want to you and you're still going to be licking their boots, then extreme abuse is inevitable.

Girls fair better when they know they are with a guy that cares, but WILL drop them like a hot kettle if they act a certain way.
Again to my point, If you let your children walk over you just because "they are your world", what good are you truly doing?

shocked shocked angry

what is the meaning of this Buffy?
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
2buff: Most importantly, if you know yourself and you know you won't continue it, don't start it...

As I like to cook certain things, i have no issues whipping her something up if she visits me, but I am NOT going to her house for cleaning or washing her pata for her.
Na so see-finish dey start be dat.

ok that makes some sense... smiley

2buff: I laugh at how all the girls here are like "YES I want a man to be like this" only for them to come across him and then totally abuse him with her friends because they can never look at him the same way again after he washes her used thongs grin. He would instantly be seen as a bich-made nigga.

Please have better aspirations and things to do with your time than trying to please women. You will be the better for it, and your relationship with the more confused gender will most likely work out better that way.

Come on now Buff that's not true.
You will always have women who will try to play a man even if he is the most masculine and s3xist of all. Such women will pick at the flaws of any and everybody much less make a simple act of kindness appear to be weakness. You should know the type of woman you are dealing with before you get serious. If she does for you and is willing to go that extra mile, don't try to play her out like the sketels and ingrates who call themselves women. Women who are more than deserving of such treatment should get it. Drop the ego. smiley
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by mayorteeny: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
#finds another bowl of popcorn#. This movie is making sense walahi.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by AlhajiPastor: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
there is absolutely nothing bad or wrong in this, i do wash my girlfriends undies and also cook, so all of you kid just typing rubbish should keep quiet, this discussion is meant for mature minds only.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by abysirius(m): 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
Omogbhollahorn:
u gurlfriend na ur world watin u wife o come b na
Point of correction. Not my bedmate, my soulmate.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin: "It's tha thuggish ruggish boooone!"
what up Tisa? cheesy cheesy lol missed you hun...

*off to read replies*

Lmao!!!!!! U are stupid!!! But Just been maintaining while at the same time thriving
in this real, dirty, sexy world. Switching it up from grinding, to chilling. Living life to the fullest, takin it day by day while formulating a master plan!

I missed u too mami. And I'm glad to be back in our favorite little virtual reality called nairaland!!!!
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

shocked shocked angry

what is the meaning of this Buffy?

I mean he needs to keep a healthier mindset about him.
All that "she's my world" "I could die without her" rhetorics are things you say to her, not things you believe for yourself.
So if she decides to flip the script and leave at some point, what is he going to now do? Hang himself?

Been too much of that foolishness going on in the news and I SMH each time as the kids don't get it.

And plus, such is the mindset that harbors clinginess.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by abysirius(m): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
2buff:

FAIL, FAIL, MEGA FAIL cheesy

You sound really young. For the sake of your mental sanity and the health of your relationships, always consider such words as "things you tell her", not things you tell yourself. These girls, their brains are fried my friend. If they feel they can do whatever they want to you and you're still going to be licking their boots, then extreme abuse is inevitable.

Girls fair better when they know they are with a guy that cares, but WILL drop them like a hot kettle if they act a certain way.
Again to my point, If you let your children walk over you just because "they are your world", what good are you truly doing?

If I really understand you, You must be living in fear- the fear of the unknown. May be if I show her too much care she could start taking me for granted or if I give her too much attention she might start thinking she's irreplaceable...all these stuffs run thru your dirty mind I suppose. But for your information let me advice you; a man needs not be a steel to control a woman's mind and manage his relationship efficiently. All u need is God's wisdom and grace to help u balance things up at the size of equilibrium if possible such that one side will not out-weigh the other. Besides, there two different things: it's one thing for you to show that you care and it's another thing entire to let her know that you av principles. please go loosen up as this will help u a great deal and pls get all these freaking rubbish thoughts off ur mind. You need character to keep a woman not machoism.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
abysirius:
If I really understand you, You must be living in fear- the fear of the unknown. May be if I show her too much care she could start taking me for granted or if I give her too much attention she might start thinking she's irreplaceable...all these stuffs run thru your dirty mind I suppose. But for your information let me advice you; a man needs not be a steel to control a woman's mind and manage his relationship efficiently. All u need is God's wisdom and grace to help u balance things up at the size of equilibrium if possible such that one side will not out-weigh the other. Besides, there two different things: it's one thing for you to show that you care and it's another thing entire to let her know that you av principles. please go loosen up as this will help u a great deal and pls get all these freaking rubbish thoughts off ur mind. You need character to keep a woman not machoism.

Good. What you have said now is essentially what I said my friend.
Did I not essentially tell you that you should care but not to the point of mugury?
Especially not to the point of "she's my world". Unless you're a guy that throws words around anyhow, perhaps you don't understand what that means and you are already taking my advise of saying it but not meaning it.(best to leave it out altogether)

Your world should be your vision and assignment on this earth. Women can be a part of it, but shouldn't be everything to you.
That way whoever comes and goes, you are not moved and your mission does not suffer.

If the person that invented steam locomotion delayed or ended up not doing it all because of life or woman issue, where will the rest of the world be now?
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by redleich(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
Let me emphasize here that a man doing domestic chores around the house for his woman does not show weakness, rather it goes a long way to demonstrate the affection and care he has towards her.
That doesn't mean a woman's role around the house has been taken over, but he is willing to help out every now and then.
For me cooking is something i have a flair for, so whether woman dey or not o, if i wanna cook what i feel like eating i go for it!!!
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2012
redleich: Let me emphasize here that a man doing domestic chores around the house for his woman does not show weakness, rather it goes a long way to demonstrate the affection and care he has towards her.
That doesn't mean a woman's role around the house has been taken over, but he is willing to help out every now and then.
For me cooking is something i have a flair for, so whether woman dey or not o, if i wanna cook what i feel like eating i go for it!!!

I think you're speaking from a husband wife perspective. In which case, there's no point not doing it.
The topic I think is mostly focused on boyfriend girlfriend. Especially driving to her house to clean and wash etc.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
No disrespect at all, but um... Seriously u are coming across as very bitter like someone who you catered to (like a real man should) hurt you badly.

U Don't have to confirm or deny what i. Have just said, but if my hypothesis is correct, you need to get past that hurt and pain, because if you come across a female who is more deerving of that presidential treatment, you may end up Mis-TREATING her instead of giving her what she rightly deserves from u . I beg of u to quit thinking so negatively. Not all women are the same, and although few and far between, good women actually exist out there. Don't you forget that daddy.
Re: Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? by TisaBone: 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
I'm talkin to you buffy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware: My Terrible Experience With Sex Enhancer AK 47 Men's Coffee (pic) / Ladies, Its Friday Night Again. / You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.