Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,264 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41312 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:59am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Stop acting like a monkey given a banana!
When your president is a Zoologist how else can you act grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onyengbu: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2012
The fact that people are actually holding brief for that lunatic of a prof. is shocking!

How can someone who is in US quote a section of a constitution which says the president should be removed if he is insane and spits it on our faces that our president is insane? Chai! Nigeria or is it nairaland is full of surprises!

I remember when some guys from Ghana made a song 'thank God we are not a Nigerians', everybody on nairaland swooped on them that they have NO RIGHT to tell us that we are corrupt. Now a Ghanaian insulted the president of Nigeria and toddlers on nairaland are hailing him. Egwu dikwa! Nairaland has been overtaken by teenagers and that is a fact!

*By the way that prof. sounds like a nairalander. Those words he used undecided undecided undecided .....

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 7:02am On Jun 26, 2012
hercules07:

I am not infatuated with Ribadu, infact, I voted Buhari not him though I have sympathies for ACN, the president is meant to inspire confidence and to give hope, if driving into Maiduguri was the only choice, then he should have done it, I expect my President to lead from the front and to show BH that he is not deterred by their craziness, heck, world leaders visit war zones, why can GEJ not do the same in Maiduguri. The Prof. should not have called him of unsound mind, but, all other criticisms are justified, no sensible world leader will give that kind of media chat and expect to be taken seriously.

Let's assume that GEJ arrived in Borno after driving 525 miles for 10 hours (actually it would take longer, with breaks and stops being necessary) with a large security detail.

What then? What would he do? His merely going there would boost your confidence that Boko Haram is being dealt with?

I'm sorry but all of this sounds like nonsense to me. The funny thing here is that you don't really have a valid point because GEJ was operating under the same sentimental thinking you are in wanting to go there to show he was serious and he actually planned on going there but he wanted to take the safest and most sensible route in and out. Since the degree to which he should look out for his own personal safety is determined by himself and his security chiefs and not others I don't see how his not going there simply because he couldn't do it in the way believed to be optimal for his security is a valid reason to attack him. It just doesn't make sense any way I look at it.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chucky234(m): 7:02am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!
Guy you are clueless and moronic,that media chat was disastrous and disgraceful.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 26, 2012
SmoothCrim: When your president is a Zoologist how else can you act grin grin grin
You don't know any sh.i.t about me in regards to the president argument here! You lacked brain dude, seriously! I think you are just too petty to address things meant for rational minds!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pauloman(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2012
DivideUs: Wonder what other countries think of us

Other countries see the average Nigerian as criminal minded and corruption personified until u proof urself otherwise. Its a pity !
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kaelz(m): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2012
He forgot 2 add "shoeless"... "He is a JOKE, CLUELESS, and "SHOELES"... And those of u dat said he already declared his assets wen he was VP, do u knw how much he darted away with from the Nigerian vaults.. Pls, wen thinkin we shld use our heads abeg! The Prof. is ryt in his comments, most of our so called profs can't do wat he did.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 26, 2012
pauloman:

Other countries see the average Nigerian as criminal minded and corruption personified until u proof urself otherwise. Its a pity !
It is a pity that large percentage of Nigerians are actually that! That is the fu.c.king truth!Aren't there countries worse off than Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by StaceyBanks(m): 7:06am On Jun 26, 2012
Hmmmm... What can i say to Nigerians? Lets just accept our fate. We were deceived by a NONENTITY. He told us he had no shoes and some of us ran to vote 4 him thinking he is one of "us". And here he is using our money to buy the shoes he never had. Mehn, we been ruled by a DULLARD... A THEIF...
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 26, 2012
Stacey Banks: Hmmmm... What can i say to Nigerians? Less just accept our fate. We were deceived by a NONENTY. He told us he had no shoes and some of us ran to vote 4 him thinking he is one of "us". And here he is using our money to buy the shoes he never had. Mehn, we been ruled by a DULLARD... A THEIF...
If nonentity can deceive you a mad man can as well do that to you. So, you are brain-dead dude!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mnony: 7:09am On Jun 26, 2012
Ewo!, i tie for some of we Nigerians oo, re we nt ashamed of our selves dt one so called Ghanian prof v succeeded in condemning our president n most of u nairalanders re praising him. Nobody will ever b gud for Nigeria. I don't knw wht some ppl re thinking, to b a leader is nt easy. I wnt to advice dt ppl should find a way of helping govt to make things right n nt condemning who so ever dt seats as president as if dey re to be one, dey will automatically turn evrytin around. Tanx to some ppl who still undstnd wht it's lik seating on such position.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 26, 2012
pauloman:

Little do you know....go to most social networks ,facebook,tweeter name it,you would even find millions of GEJ haters than u can ever imagine ! The voice of the people is the voice of God !

GBAM.

Boboedom: To be honest, our president is a very big embarrassement. I was so scandalised listening to the Chat and hoping by some magic that international community/press will not have access to it in the raw form. Na real waooooo

Even if they had access to the interview, it would be very hard for them to understand what he was saying. His speaking skills is not clear, coherent and fluent. Imagine him repeatedly using "take light" instead of "power outage" and some other bad sentences.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2012
saxywale:

GBAM.

Even if they had access to the interview, it would be very hard for them to understand what he was saying. His speaking skills is not clear, coherent and fluent. Imagine him repeatedly using "take light" instead of "power outage" and some other bad sentences.
Useless excuses from a sycophant!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Elueme: 7:15am On Jun 26, 2012
Prof I Too Know, should remove the speck in his own eye before doing that for another. But, come to think is this man rili a prof as claimed? Cos if he were he we'd have been more cautious in his lampoon, throwing caution to the wind insulting the sovereign of a country better than his.. My advise to you, prof I too know, pls mind your biz cos the next time u insult my president in this manner....... Idiot!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chucky234(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2012
curtain: Congratulations Ghana, dis is the first sign of boko haram in ghana, i wonder y the prof. expects d president 2 b insincere, when evry fly in borno is a boko member u wnt d president 2 go there?...tell ur sponsors dey hv failed again. Our security is nt as advanced as dat of America, bt am sure its beta dan ghanians, is jst lyk askin yaradua 2 visit d creeks.... D question u shud ask is do politicians really tell d truth abt their assets? The answer is capital NO. So y d hipocrisy of asset declaration, wen d purpose of dat constitutional provision is neva met, i tink dat part of d law shud evn b scraped or amended. Wen has cotton seeds become a bad idea 4 our agrarian communities. must d president farm it himself? Are railway systems nt good measures dat boost rapid economic growth, embraced globally? He must b stupid 4 calin our president a joke. Proper legal measures shud be taken against him or ghanian embassy shud b suspended frm nigeria until dey learn 2 respect us. He is nt evn a political scientist
2 undastand d political terain he is porknosin in2. he is a waste in ghana lookin 4 cheap popularity elsewhere.
You are brainwashed or high on some nacotic,what benefit will cotton seeds bring to those farmers and how did it translate to agricultural revolution. Does one need to be a Pol scientist to know that this country is not working,the man you said he is waste in Ghana has live in the US for the past 25yrs and known globally for campaign against corruption in Africa.
You talk about the railway,where are the railways GEJ constructed because the ones under construction in Lagos are being finance by the world bank.
Go check your head before coming here to blabbs.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 7:20am On Jun 26, 2012
texazzpete:

Hmm
Between an internationally respected Professor of repute and you, I think we know who most people would pick as the dumbass, to be honest.

Picking just ONE point to post this epistle is not worthy of the intelligence most people here used to associate with you. Have you been compromised too, that you readily abdicate common sense?

You make assumptions that are not guaranteed to be factual. Even more bizarre is your insistence that GEJ has declared his assets - even when the man himself admits he has not done so and will not do so. Strange.

Texazzpete,

I know you're fond of delivering insults to other posters when making your points grin, so I'll just overlook that as a character flaw and hope you improve in the future rather than lashing back in a similar manner.

It's funny that you claimed I "posted an epistle". Common sense would indicate that most of my post was a quotation of a news article. I included it in it's entirety to provide context, not just to make a long post.

All I'll say to you is that your last few sentences in this post give you away as somebody who - like the clueless professor of political criticism who made his name doing nothing but criticizing - sometimes can't be bothered to verify your "facts". GEJ declared his assets as president of Nigeria in 2010. End of.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Olisa74(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2012
Nigerians please stop whining and crying. It is medicine after death. The president of a country is a mere reflection of its people.GEJ won a somewhat free and fair election. Only a stupid populace will elect a stupid President.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 26, 2012
In the spirit of oneness, I would like to appeal to all nigerians to stop this perpetual criticism of the personality of the president because presently he symbolises Nigeria. Admittedly, his performance is not up to your expectations but you voted him in and that puts the blame on the you because it proves that your judgement is inexcusably poor. The man served as a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president before you voted for him again. His previous performance should have given you the opportunity to access him and decide. If truly we need a change we should not let our religious and tribal differences affect our judgment in selecting a leader.

not all clothes are meant to be dried in the sun.
Let us chase away the fox first and later rebuke the hen.

What mr president needs right is our support. Sure it may be in form of criticism but it should be constructive. He is all we got now let's deal with it. All patriotic nigerians should rise up and ask that big mouthed professor to shut his trap.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chucky234(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2012
Stiv: The Ghanian should mind his business. This is an insult of the highest order. A foreigner should not be allowed to insult the Number one citizen of this nation. Clueless or not, GEJ is our President until we decide otherwise. I'm shocked this thread was even given a space on this site.
Another ranting mumu,slowpoke
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by jude33084(m): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

What I like about you haters is that no one tales you seriously. Why do you think there are so many of you on NL? Where else would you go?

You call this comments haters?! Maybe you are one of his students. OLODO! angry
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by freecocoa(f): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2012
In as much as i don't support the prof calling GEJ names

I must say that media chat was an embarrassment,GEJ shouldn't be allowed to address state issues,he's just not fit to be king at all.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2012
Olisa74: Nigerians please stop whining and crying. It is medicine after death. The president of a country is a mere reflection of its people.GEJ won a somewhat free and fair election. Only a stupid populace will elect a stupid President.

Haha, true. He avoided brain tasking interviews and debates but went ahead with a farce interview with dbanj.Lolz.yet, people still voted for him.*shocked*. I remember some people voted for him cos his name was goodluck, very dumb reason. Nigerians should enjoy the poisonous fresh air. The Ghanaian professor spoke the bitter truth.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by matrixme(m): 7:28am On Jun 26, 2012
Now that's the problem with people. They always seem they can do it better. This is the 'most foolish' intellectual I've ever heard of. Just thinks he can open his wide unbrushed mouth and spew out errant rubbish. What does he know about the terrain of Nigerian politics that he thinks he can sit at his critic's chair and judge from his jumbled up intellectual point of view? Even if he may sound convincing enough, he should have made his 'suppossed judgement' in the privacy of his pathethic palour, not on the internet. I don't blame him anyway. He's obviously redundant and washed up of his intellectual capacity.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kinguwem: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2012
The Ghanian professor seems to be an idle, aged don. What is his interest in Nigeria? Ghana is not yet developed, he has a lot to do in his country.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2012
We should not even be discussing asset declaration in a country ridden with corruption. If the president can not declare his assets, what's the point in fighting corruption? If he can not lead by example, why is he still there? If he could declare publicly few years ago, why not now? What has changed? I think GEJ is hiding something. There is no other plausible explanation other than that.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Detongue: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2012
Wer did dis baboon comes from, who made him d spokes person for nig. If he so good in in country, he should hv contested and won election in ghana.
He must b maaad to call our president a joke

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by vanitty: 7:33am On Jun 26, 2012
The learned professor is simply put, an idiot and a mere agitator.
He surely without a doubt a mouthpiece for someone else.

There is a difference between "insult" and "criticise"

Mr professor needs to be schooled on the appropriate way to communicate to other dignitaries, most especially if their words could incite uproar/emotional response from the supporters of the other party involved.

Until then, he needs to shut up and learn how it is done properly.

No, I am not a supporter neither am I a non-supporter of the president!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kettykin: 7:33am On Jun 26, 2012
Nigerians are the most difficult an impossible people to rule on earth. The problems of Nigeria dd not start with Jonathan and will not end with Jonathan .
Jonathan is an ordinary man and not a magician. IF Jesus wascrucified by thepeople he came to save. How much more will an ordinary man being survive who is ruling over the Beasts of the Core North whose only Achievements is sending Millions of people to their Early graves, the Vultures of the South west whose only stock in trade is to betray , back stabb , backbite up to the extent that the did it and still do it to their very own MKO Abiola ,The Scavengers of the East who will scavenge anything for money
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by dasparrow: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2012
@Post

I don't care if I get insulted or called unpatriotic. I am in support of what Prof. Ayittey said. I knew that some Nigerians will kick against what he said because he is not a Nigerian but the truth must be told. GEJ's administration is horrible and I feel sorry for the way things in Nigeria are going. Nigeria is heading to hell in a basket. I have nothing against GEJ personally but the way he is ruling Nigeria makes my stomach turn.

We need to put sentiments aside because as far as I am concerned, it is time we Nigerians take a good look at ourselves and our country. Nothing seems to be working and maybe we are waiting for boko haram to start throwing bombs in other parts of the country before we realize that things cannot go on the way they are going now. I trust Nigerians won't listen due to inflated pride and stubborness so let's keep living in our mess.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Ortis: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2012

The Professor indicated that GEJ’s refusal to declare his assets and his failure to tackle the Boko Haram crisis suggests that he is of an unsound mind.

He therefore called on Nigerians to rid themselves of GEJ as soon as possible ........i guex dat prof guy is jobless n i suggest GEJ shuld consider offering him one.......GHANANIAN APE

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kettykin: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2012
kettykin: Nigerians are the most difficult an impossible people to rule on earth. The problems of Nigeria dd not start with Jonathan and will not end with Jonathan .
Jonathan is an ordinary man and not a magician. How can an ordinary man being survive who is ruling over the Beasts of the Core North whose only Achievements is sending Millions of people to their Early graves, the Vultures of the South west whose only stock in trade is to betray , back stabb , backbite up to the extent that the did it and still do it to their very own MKO Abiola ,The Scavengers of the East who will scavenge anything for money .my only advice to Jonathan Please dont end up like Aguiyi Ironsi , for the Sake of your family and Otuoke People
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by texazzpete(m): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Texazzpete,

I know you're fond of delivering insults to other posters when making your points grin, so I'll just overlook that as a character flaw and hope you improve in the future rather than lashing back in a similar manner.

All I'll say to you is that your last few sentences in this post give you away as somebody who - like the clueless professor of political criticism who made his name doing nothing but criticizing - sometimes can't be bothered to verify your "facts". GEJ declared his assets as president of Nigeria in 2010. End of.

LMAO. No, i usually deliver insults to m0r0ns. But we both know you aren't one. I didn't really go beyond the 'dumbass' word you used to describe the eminent professor. I'm sure when you have time for private reflection you'll see how ill chosen that word was.

Either way, if GEJ insists he has not and will not declare his assets, what else am i supposed to verify?

Unless of course you're insinuating and insisting that your President lied to the nation during his Media chat and in such a way that can be easily refuted by a search of 2010 Newspapers. In that case, you'll be proving the Professor's point that your president is not exactly the brightest bulb in the closet grin

As for your 'doing nothing but criticizing' statement, what else, really, is expected of a common man but to pay his taxes and obey all laws of the land? Does any man who do these things faithfully not have the right to criticize unmercifully if his leaders do not hold up their side of the bargain?

Harsh words aside, it is not very wise to focus ALL your ire on the Professor for just ONE point you disagree with. While I respect you as an intelligent poster on Nairaland, I am more wary these days...I used to defend Reuben Abati tooth and nail on this forum as the very essence of a patriotic Nigerian who spoke the truth to his Government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Crossing The Lake Chad River As The Battle Rages (Video) / Why Buhari Took Off Face-Mask In Daura – Lauretta Onochie (Photos) / El-Rufai Responds To A Tweet Asking Him To Employ Shehu Sani (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.