Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41305 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Emilord(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2012
Finally,GEJ has made GRADES and is now slowly but steadily leading us to BADLUCK....imagine,Ghanians talking to us face to face

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2012
I'm done with this topic. I've said what I needed to say. I expect that others will descend on my posts in this thread searching for what to pick at but when it comes down to it, it's not worth dragging things out.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 7:38am On Jun 26, 2012
kaelz: He forgot 2 add "shoeless"... "He is a JOKE, CLUELESS, and "SHOELES"... And those of u dat said he already declared his assets wen he was VP, do u knw how much he darted away with from the Nigerian vaults.. Pls, wen thinkin we shld use our heads abeg! The Prof. is ryt in his comments, most of our so called profs can't do wat he
did.

you are the beeeeessssstt fooooooool in the world!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kennytidistar(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2012
this people no get another english pass clueless i beg make dem go learn for KG1 jawe!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by texazzpete(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2012
morufoye: In the spirit of oneness, I would like to appeal to all nigerians to stop this perpetual criticism of the personality of the president because presently he symbolises Nigeria. Admittedly, his performance is not up to your expectations but you voted him in and that puts the blame on the you because it proves that your judgement is inexcusably poor. The man served as a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president before you voted for him again. His previous performance should have given you the opportunity to access him and decide. If truly we need a change we should not let our religious and tribal differences affect our judgment in selecting a leader.

not all clothes are meant to be dried in the sun.
Let us chase away the fox first and later rebuke the hen.

What mr president needs right is our support. Sure it may be in form of criticism but it should be constructive. He is all we got now let's deal with it. All patriotic nigerians should rise up and ask that big mouthed professor to shut his trap.

When you grow up and start paying taxes, you'll be more attuned towards demanding for good governance...not BEGGING or PRAYING for it.
When you grow up and start having kids, you'll be more concerned with ensuring the Nigeria they grow up in is prosperous and peaceful.

I saw this coming and voted against this president. We will keep talking so that in 2015 Nigerians give up this folly of re-electing failures and mediocre folks.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2012
texazzpete:

When you grow up and start paying taxes, you'll be more attuned towards demanding for good governance...not BEGGING or PRAYING for it.
When you grow up and start having kids, you'll be more concerned with ensuring the Nigeria they grow up in is prosperous and peaceful.

I saw this coming and voted against this president. We will keep talking so that in 2015 Nigerians give up this folly of re-electing failures and mediocre folks.
Lol... Nigerians pay tax! It is one of the worst country in taxes revenue collection. That is not a good point at all to go with in your comment.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2012
ismhab: Once a Fish always a Fish, this man is not only a joke but a calamity to we Nigerians, when people are rating his chat to be nice and ok, i said they are insane, thank God the final truth was said by this gentle man.

please be specific to urself only gej is a calamity to you pls dont talk for others
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 7:49am On Jun 26, 2012
I also saw this coming and resoundingly voted against GEJ and i will do it again Being an easterner I ought to have voted for him but i and my entire family never did because of his activities while acting in Bayelsa. Nigerians are too sentimental and never see the truth even when it is staring them right in the face.

Ghana is now talking back to us because of GEJ it was never so with other leaders. Nigeria still had a semblance of respect and status while under past leaders but with GEJ it all went to the dogs. Everything he touches now gets destroyed because the poor guy just simple can't do this job. If he can't face the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen.

GEJ must go! Every revolution starts with one man and if i must start this one then so be it. Enough talking and more action. We keep talking about GEJ and he keeps wreaking havoc to this nation. This man must not remain till 2015 otherwise you and i would have to relocate to Ghana or cameroon by then as their economies would be a goldmine by then and ours would be like somalia.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2012
4evergod3: I also saw this coming and resoundingly voted against GEJ and i will do it again Being an easterner I ought to have voted for him but i and my entire family never did because of his activities while acting in Bayelsa. Nigerians are too sentimental and never see the truth even when it is staring them right in the face.

Ghana is now talking back to us because of GEJ it was never so with other leaders. Nigeria still had a semblance of respect and status while under past leaders but with GEJ it all went to the dogs. Everything he touches now gets destroyed because the poor guy just simple can't do this job. If he can't face the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen.

GEJ must go! Every revolution starts with one man and if i must start this one then so be it. Enough talking and more action. We keep talking about GEJ and he keeps wreaking havoc to this nation. This man must not remain till 2015 otherwise you and i would have to relocate to Ghana or cameroon by then as their economies would be a goldmine by then and ours would be like somalia.
You think Buhari would have done better?! Please, stop all...
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Wislet(f): 7:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
what is funny?
Laughing over almost evry issue is the reason things continue to remain the same.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by BabaIbada: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: With all these hate for GEJ I am beginning to like him(the president). I hope to see the next person coming to that position. I think this man is far better than people think. Just there are too much people against him in taking actions which would compromised the survival of the nation.

Believe it or not, the Northern elites are bent on making sure this administration doesn't succeed in any way in moving the nation forward. Not only that, these are people who really have roots and powers in the politics of Nigeria. The battle this president is fighting at the moment is beyond repair and moving the country forward but stay afloat in this sea of monsters from the North who are hungry for power to squander more of the resources not coming from their region.

I don't even see the Ghanaian professor as intelligent though. Insulting another nation president is tantamount to how much stupid he could be only to be praised by some morons here who are being chased out of Ghana. It baffles me how most silly Nigerians would complain of how they are being treated abroad only at home to allow a stupid prof to pass insult on what is not of his concern. How many Nigeria profs have the right to insult the Ghanaian president? The Ghanaian prof is just a tool in the whole theatrical aggrandizement of his intellect. I think he should go home and have a rethink if he's been used by some group of people to pour insult on the president.

To those supporting this stray-puppet professor from Ghana should better think twice of how much Ghana has contributed to the propagating of passing recriminations on Nigerians. Look very well guys, this professor is no way better than our Nigerian president and he can be in that position nor exercise any quality of leadership . I say to hell with him, to hell with the Ghanaian prof!

Dude stop going off the point! In this globalized world criticising a president is no longer an internal issue, every interested foreigner like this professor can air their views on any non-performing president. The simple truth you are eluding yourself with is the fact that almost every comment of the professor was right. Point of correction, this guy never insulted GEJ, he only criticised him and Nigerian profs have the same right to commend/criticise Ghanian president if they are interested.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by homerac7: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Lol... Nigerians pay tax! It is one of the worst country in taxes revenue collection. That is not a good point at all to go with in your comment.

It surely doesn't occur to you that some people have honorable means of livelihood and also pay taxes. I will repeat wht @texaspette just said to u, when u grow up and get a decent job and start earning honest money and also pay your taxes, you will know to demand good governance and learn to separate foolishness from wisdom.

No wonder u have sat up all night to preach stupidity.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by denitro(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi: i live here in ghana and one thing i know is that the ghanian president is worse that gej to the extent that everyone calls him mr slow and he too is a professor.even the opinion polls cnducted by his party shows that even from withing hhis party they believe he will loose.so i willl stil give gej a thumbs up and let that ghnian professor face his own country president

I live in Ghana too.
Your statement is complete falsehood. On what basis is he worse?
Could it be?
Constant electricity
Good roads
Conducive business climate
NDC party politics will always be politics...

I warned people against voting for GEJ when he refused to debate
and tell Nigerians what he intends to do when he becomes president.
For me that was a NO-BRAINER.
GEJ is a NO-BRAINER.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2012
Baba Ibada:
Dude stop going off the point! In this globalized world criticising a president is no longer an internal issue, every interested foreigner like this professor can air their views on any non-performing president. The simple truth you are eluding yourself with is the fact that almost every comment of the professor was right. Point of correction, this guy never insulted GEJ, he only criticised him and Nigerian profs have the same right to commend/criticise Ghanian president if they are interested.
Criticism or a constructive criticism from an acclaimed prof? shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by vopnet: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2012
This so call Professor should shut up
What has he done with harsh economic regime Ghanians have created for Nigerians in Ghana
Let him focus on the big log in his own eyes
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by KokoBeware: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2012
4evergod3: I also saw this coming and resoundingly voted against GEJ and i will do it again Being an easterner I ought to have voted for him but i and my entire family never did because of his activities while acting in Bayelsa. Nigerians are too sentimental and never see the truth even when it is staring them right in the face.

Oya ooo when u start call us... not Cyber-revolution ooooo
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2012
you need to live here to know how ghanians feel abut nigerians whether doctor ,prfessors r lunatic the first and only thing in their mind all the time is to rubbish nigeria .i wont be surprised if by tomorrow daily graphic here the so called prof comment is giving front page coverage.you have to get this right the media chat was for nigeria and nigerians only.and the issue we are talking about is someone draging the position of our president through the gutters of accra.i swear that ur prof cant refer to atta mills as clueless or unsound he would have used a more better word than tat.and here in ghana once they ntice you are a nigerian they pick up a political discussion with u about nigeria politics but once u start on their own they will ask u to shut up that it is a ghanian issue and that they are still better than nigerians.just stay here for two months and i bet u u will understand.i dont have any issues with ppl cmplaining about gej but not ghanians.i am out of here
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by dont8(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2012
HNosegbe: I would really like to meet someone who studied under him, or whose project he supervised.
He was my lecturer in Fishery! He taught me reckless talk and cluelessness!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2012
homerac7:

It surely doesn't occur to you that some people have honorable means of livelihood and also pay taxes. I will repeat wht @texaspette just said to u, when u grow up and get a decent job and start earning honest money and also pay your taxes, you will know to demand good governance and learn to separate foolishness from wisdom.

No wonder u have sat up all night to preach stupidity.
Anyway, you don't know anything about me. So, I would accept your speculation as non-binding to my previous comment. However, the truth that some pay taxes is just a drop in the ocean. More like saying the government pay taxes to citizens due to the nature of how things are run in the country system. Believe it or not, I pay tax, it is according to what I earn and I see what it is being used for.

The truth is that you are more than stupid! All night? Dummy!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2012
texazzpete:

2015 is still far ahead. I do not believe that we have to wait then to solve our problem. These endless insults on his personality will do us no good and culminate in changing him to a demon. Believe me, you do want a demon as your president. This is a fact. presently, he is our driver and our lives are in his hands. That is why I am clamoring for support. The situation is not yet hopeless. all we need do is to stop these insults.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2012
Obasanjo made more imbecillic comments than GEJ would ever do.

Obasanjo made more stupid decisions.

Obasanjo was more corrupt.

But nigerians are praising him now.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by denitro(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi: you need to live here to know how ghanians feel abut nigerians whether doctor ,prfessors r lunatic the first and only thing in their mind all the time is to rubbish nigeria .i wont be surprised if by tomorrow daily graphic here the so called prof comment is giving front page coverage.you have to get this right the media chat was for nigeria and nigerians only.and the issue we are talking about is someone draging the position of our president through the gutters of accra.i swear that ur prof cant refer to atta mills as clueless or unsound he would have used a more better word than tat.and here in ghana once they ntice you are a nigerian they pick up a political discussion with u about nigeria politics but once u start on their own they will ask u to shut up that it is a ghanian issue and that they are still better than nigerians.just stay here for two months and i bet u u will understand.i dont have any issues with ppl cmplaining about gej but not ghanians.i am out of here

Its like that in every country..
South Africa
UK
US etc
not only Ghana.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by segunoz(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2012
This GEJ na OLODO! NOT WORTH ANYTHING! I AM PERFECTLY SURE HE CANNOT DEFEND HIS DOCTORATE DEGREE! LOBATAN!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2012
Baba Ibada:

Dude stop going off the point! In this globalized world criticising a president is no longer an internal issue, every interested foreigner like this professor can air their views on any non-performing president. The simple truth you are eluding yourself with is the fact that almost every comment of the professor was right. Point of correction, this guy never insulted GEJ, he only criticised him and Nigerian profs have the same right to commend/criticise Ghanian
president if they are interested.

is the prof living in nigeria ?what interest does he have in our national political discourse?i beg think well
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:05am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

please be specific to urself only gej is a calamity to you pls dont talk for others

GEJ is a disaster and calamity to me, my community, my state and my country.
If a Ghanaian can say it, expect more from a Somali refugee.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pauloman(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: You think Buhari would have done better?! Please, stop all...

Forget about all those old FOOOO...LLLSSS !!! We need leaders of proven track record. The likes of Fashola that has somewhat performance-based historical antecedents as a governor....#justsaying#
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Wislet(f): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!
drastic name change is not the best option.
Nobody likes that.
It makes u feel insecure.
Imagine you as the VC of a prestigious school, and someone from somewhere who has a higher authority than you do decides to change the name of your school overnight- without seeking your opinion whatsoever or at least consulting the school body. Will you still feel confident/think u're still in charge?
Who knows what else would be thrust upon you tomorrow?.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2012
Some Nigerians will never stop to have their ususal egoistic attitude, what is wrong whether the speaker is a Ghanaian, Togolose or even a Camerounian? This bloke called Jonathan represent nothing but mediocrity, whoever fails to see this after these few years of Jonathan in power need to have their head checked because they must be mentally ill.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: You think Buhari would have done better?! Please, stop all...

this has nothing to do with Buhari but hey yes i voted for Buhari and you know why? He brough Sanity to Nigeria in a time of madness. A time when we needed it most. In buharis time Corruption took to its heels and so did indiscipline in every individual. Compared to GEJ who has turned a blind eye to corruption and even helps encourage it. As at the time of the elections, going by track record on a leadership level BUHARI outshone GEJ on every front but trust Nigerians and sentiments. They decided to swing the way of GEJ simply because they didnt want a northerner. What a lame excuse. The man GEJ even mocked the whole nation to its face when he refused to turn up for the presidential debates and yet you say he is Sane? Even in the united states a presidential debate is what it is and all aspiring presidents must be in attendance. If a fellow professor like GEJ has called him Clueless and Joke then he deserves it because he brought himself to that status.

When he was being interviewed on CNN he couldnt articulate himself, He chose to be interviewed by Dbanj and not a proper audience, Now on the media chat a whole president of Nigeria couldnt effectively deal with one question he was asked and you still ask if buhari could have been better? Dude GEJ sucks big time. The sooner we accept this fact and deal with it the better. If i have a zit on my face what i do is pop it in order to get rid of it. That is what GEJ needs. He needs to be popped. Period
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by gtrust: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2012
It is good to critisize constructively and NOT in a self serving manner!

George Ayittey is a SELF SERVING man who is broke and seeking publicity!
He wants to be remembered so that he could sell some of his books and get
invited for speeches and hopefully get some dough to pay his rent!

He provided no ALTERNATIVE opinion & called someone a lunatic which is unfair
and rascal! He is stigmatising mental illness which is insensitive to people who
are really suffering from a real problem and need empathy.

I hope the presidency will NOT respond to his as this is what he (George Ayittey) is seeking:
Presidential publicity just the way SONY got when they used the Nigerian 419 advert and waited
over many months before saying a cheap sorry for a multimillion dollars publicity

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by jmaine: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2012
SmoothCrim: Goodluck is not bad, he is a scientist and governs like a Zoologist. Go find out what a Zoologist does and you will understand why Nigeria is in its current state. When you elect a Zoologist you get a Zoologist.

Goodluck is a trained Zoologist so, what does he need to know about governance! This is what a Zoologist does.

http://www.aboutbioscience.org/careers/zoologist

You see why we said even the most silly nairalander pretends to attain messianic intelligence simply because you just need to criticize the president . . . .Am sure this dude is not even aware of the contribution of zoology to the health sector especially the field of parasitology which is branch of zoology . . .Contribution of zoological research in the field of agriculture in pest control management . . . .

Only silly people chose to attack a personality based on the course he read in the tertiary institution. . . .Odili was a medical doctor . . . .he sure performed wonders in Rivers state during his tenure . . . . . .Gbenga Daniel is a first class product and a tested technocrat in the engineering field . . .we all saw how he turned out in Ogun State

Your attempt was quite silly . . . .
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Wislet: what is funny?
Laughing over almost evry issue is the reason things continue to remain the same.

Should he be crying? Just asking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Agboola Ajayi: More Troubles For Ondo Deputy Governor / No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns / Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.