Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41308 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by westside6: 6:12am On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ is a clueless, corrupt, fearful and overwhelmed man who has no solution whatsoever to the numerous problems of our nation. He is unfit to be the president.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tpia5: 6:15am On Jun 26, 2012
who is this smooth criminal and why is he spamming the forum.

move to ghana and stop disturbing us plz.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:16am On Jun 26, 2012
westside6: GEJ is a clueless, corrupt, [b]fearful and overwhelmed [/b]man who has no solution whatsoever to the numerous problems of our nation. He is unfit to be the president.

He is not governing like an African but like a trained Zoologist! As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of death I shall fear no evil. Thy rod and staff they comfort me! cool Tell Goodluck to tackle the Boko Haram problem head on and save his country. The country is dying and there are no men left to save it!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:18am On Jun 26, 2012
tpia@:
who is this smooth criminal and why is he spamming the forum.

move to ghana and stop disturbing us plz.

I am hoping to create a Ghana in Nigeria. I have no intention of moving. I want Nigeria to be fixed so that it may be a success.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 6:20am On Jun 26, 2012
kettykin: Why not you people rather seccede and end an unworkable union than waste precious internet bandwidth crucifying a man whose only crime is that he is presiding over Africas soviet Union.
Are you people not tired of daily consuming web pages that could have been used for some other purposes villifying , castigating ,betraying,backstabbing GoodLuck Ebele Jonathan.
Did he force himself on Nigerians, did he kill yaradua, did he organise the opportunistic Operation Totality, did he form Boko Haram, The problems of Nigeria Preceded GoodLuck Jonathan and will be there if he is not in power tommorrow.

I agree GEJ is not a very smart man , but has Nigeria ever allowed Smart people to even lead/rule remember how the Nation was forced wto be led with a Gorilla in the person of OBJ for 8 years.

The best Nigerians Can do today is to force GEJ to organise a National Conference so that Nigeria's woes of more than 80 years can reduce or end

my man dont kill me with laughther o .i must confess i like ur write up especially the africa soviet union.how did u come up with that.that was good
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 6:20am On Jun 26, 2012
kettykin: Why not you people rather seccede and end an unworkable union than waste precious internet bandwidth crucifying a man whose only crime is that he is presiding over Africas soviet Union.
Are you people not tired of daily consuming web pages that could have been used for some other purposes villifying , castigating ,betraying,backstabbing GoodLuck Ebele Jonathan.
Did he force himself on Nigerians, did he kill yaradua, did he organise the opportunistic Operation Totality, did he form Boko Haram, The problems of Nigeria Preceded GoodLuck Jonathan and will be there if he is not in power tommorrow.

I agree GEJ is not a very smart man , but has Nigeria ever allowed Smart people to even lead/rule remember how the Nation was forced wto be led with a Gorilla in the person of OBJ for 8 years.

The best Nigerians Can do today is to force GEJ to organise a National Conference so that Nigeria's woes of more than 80 years can reduce or end

my man dont kill me with laughther o .i must confess i like ur write up especially the africa soviet union.how did u come up with that.that was good
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:25am On Jun 26, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Come on! Boko Haram controls more of the state than GEJ controls...

Look at this map of US Bases in Africa and the terrorist threat!

Compare that to This

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/failed_states_index_2012_inter

A simple look at this and one would call for Ghanaian rule NOW!!

So, I am calling for Ghanaian rule now!!

If Ghanaian rule does not come soon Boko Harm will reach the Atlantic Ocean and then what will happen? Ghanaian rule now!!

I can't believe this post has been ignored. 70 percent of Nigeria has been colonized by a radical Islamist group with ties to Al Qaeda and many here frankly don't give a damn!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Bayoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Please recheck your facts.

GEJ became president in February of 2010.

It was published in newspapers (that often run stories critical of him) by September of 2010 that he complied with the constitution and had declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau. This means that sometime between February and September of 2010 he had declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau in accordance with the constitution which requires assets declaration upon assumption of office.

The best anyone could claim is that maybe he was late in not declaring them within 3 months but I'm not sure this could actually be proven as the people who would have the details of when exactly it was declared would have to be tracked down directly and questioned.

This prof is basically a loudmouth with no real focus in life other than political criticism and commentary. The first clue was his casual dismissal of the beginning of significant agricultural reforms under Dr. Adesina (GEJ's agriculture minister) and his assertion that GEJ should have traveled with a motorcade directly into Borno to do god knows what exactly rather than conferring with the officials of the state government of Borno at another place merely because GEJ is the president and the place is being bombed by terrorists.

If he had declared, then why didn't he simply say so instead of saying "I don't give a damn!"? If indeed he has declared, all criticisms amount to zero as he is not required under any law to make such declaration public. (But corruption in Nigeria requires extraordinary measures and as such a president making a public declaration of assets sends a positive moral message on corruption).

Apart from apparent insults as relate to sanity of mind of GEJ, substantially, Professor George Ayittey criticism is in order. GEJ responses to a lot of questions were far below expectations.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by stevoski059(m): 6:27am On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ remains the best president this sick country has ever produced it is that useless prof of retarded university that is of unsound mind bro.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 6:28am On Jun 26, 2012
I'm sorry but this Professor is just a dullard dressed up in fancy clothing.

He actually suggested that GEJ should drive into Borno state (to do WHAT?!) because terror attacks were going on there, rather than conferring with state officials and security advisers and officials at a safer place. I don't see the value whatsoever of going in there, but apparently GEJ actually thinks his presence there will show he is serious (or whatever other misguided and sentimental reason would motivate going in there) about tackling Boko Haram so he was actually considering going there.

The professor then asked why the Maiduguri airport was not functioning at the time.

Let's backtrack to September of 2011. This is one story about the Maiduguri airport from that time:

"The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has assured that the Maiduguri airport, which was shut down for renovation some months back, is ready for use during this year's hajj operation.

The NCAA disclosed this yesterday when the Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima, visited the airport to assess the progress of work.

NCAA director in the state, Alhaji Haruna Lawal who conducted the governor round the facilities, said the airport was actually ready for use, and that the management was only waiting for approval from the NCAA authorities and aviation officials who were expected to inspect the renovation before the airport was officially re-opened

He, however, noted the airport would need a 25 KVA generator to power the radar facilities and assured the governor that the painting of the runway would take only few days to complete.

Operations at the airport were suspended late June following cracks on the runway.

He disclosed that the maiden airlift of intending pilgrims for the 2011 Hajj exercise was scheduled for the first week of October.

Kashim, in his response, announced the donation of a 27 KVA generator and N1 million for diesel. He also directed the state fire service to release an operational vehicle manned by its personnel to the airport to boost safety readiness.

The governor also asked the ministry of works to release five tractors for the clearing of the airport even as he directed the commissioner in the ministry to commence the clearing of the hajj camp in Maiduguri in preparation for the October airlift of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201109140160.html

Note the parts in bold. The airport "not functioning" (as GEJ put it) is a clear indication that it's being closed for repairs at the time he was referring to, NOT an admission or claim that the airport is completely broken down and unable to be used. I don't know if it was in 2011 when GEJ was considering going to Borno or in the last few months, but obviously that airport has issues and needs to be fixed and inspected before anybody uses it. How hard is it to try and actually think about what is being said instead of rushing foolishly to criticize in an effort to look smart? Is GEJ supposed to use a CLOSED airport that's being repaired?

Ghanaians are fine, foreign criticism is fine, criticism in general is useful, but i don't like pretentious dumbasses.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Proxytalk: 6:31am On Jun 26, 2012
That so called prof. is very very stupid to have talked to the President of the Fedral of Nigeria like that. Yes we may have problem with the president on puplic speech out of inexperince, but we are stil watching him including nass n opposition. he got election right , power is almost changing then other sectors alike. Then who is this ghanaian to use such word as lunatic/unsound mind on our presido. infact he deserv to be prosecuted its the biggest insult to nig from ghanaians, its poisnus envy

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ismhab(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2012
Once a Fish always a Fish, this man is not only a joke but a calamity to we Nigerians, when people are rating his chat to be nice and ok, i said they are insane, thank God the final truth was said by this gentle man.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kaze4blues(m): 6:33am On Jun 26, 2012
God's Mercy:
May God have mercy on those criticising their leaders. It begins with you too as a leader in your own home. May your children not rebel against you. The measure you use for others will be the same you'll get. Goodluck Jonathan is the best God has for us this critical time. If others were in his shoe, there would have been nothing like Nigeria today due to the ways some leaders have turned against him. I'm afraid if southerners will ever agree to a peaceful country if a northerner ever emerged a president again. Do unto others what you want others do unto you. It's very good to call President Goodluck Jonathan names, but remember the precedence you're setting. May your generation not do same to you. God exist and reward every man for what they do. God pls give President Goodluck Jonathan the wisdom, strength and will to succeed in Jesus name. Nigeria is God's own country.
bros, nawa 4 u o nd infact i pity u nd ur clueles generatn. Wetn concern god wt criticisin a failed leader. O ma she o.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:33am On Jun 26, 2012
The big point is Nigeria needs good governance now. Nigeria can't even keep itself together as we speak. 70 percent of the country can be bombed at anytime and there is nothing the gov can do about it! Where is the leadership? Gutless GEJ needs to step his game up or Nigeria will die by 2015 as many have predicted.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 6:36am On Jun 26, 2012
bayooooooo:
If indeed he has declared, all criticisms amount to zero as he is not required under any law to make such declaration public. (But corruption in Nigeria requires extraordinary measures and as such a president making a public declaration of assets sends a positive moral message on corruption).

I agree and I said the same thing in my first post in the thread before this one that you quoted.

Apart from apparent insults as relate to sanity of mind of GEJ, substantially, Professor George Ayittey criticism is in order. GEJ responses to a lot of questions were far below expectations.

Trust me, between the two of them, Ayittey may be the one needing a mental checkup. He had no valid criticism other than the Unilag issue. Everything else was more or less garbage from somebody too lazy to dig extensively for as many facts as possible before criticizing wildly from the comfort of an armchair.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by hercules07: 6:37am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: I'm sorry but this Professor is just a dullard dressed up in fancy clothing.

He actually suggested that GEJ should drive into Borno state (to do WHAT?!) because terror attacks were going on there, rather than conferring with state officials and security advisers and officials at a safer place. I don't see the value whatsoever of going in there, but apparently GEJ actually thinks his presence there will show he is serious (or whatever other misguided and sentimental rationale he's operating under) about tackling Boko so he was actually considering going there.

The professor then asked why the Maiduguri airport was not functioning at the time.

Let's backtrack to September of 2011. This is one story about the Maiduguri airport from that time:

"The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has assured that the Maiduguri airport, which was shut down for renovation some months back, is ready for use during this year's hajj operation.

The NCAA disclosed this yesterday when the Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima, visited the airport to assess the progress of work.

NCAA director in the state, Alhaji Haruna Lawal who conducted the governor round the facilities, said the airport was actually ready for use, and that the management was only waiting for approval from the NCAA authorities and aviation officials who were expected to inspect the renovation before the airport was officially re-opened

He, however, noted the airport would need a 25 KVA generator to power the radar facilities and assured the governor that the painting of the runway would take only few days to complete.

Operations at the airport were suspended late June following cracks on the runway.

He disclosed that the maiden airlift of intending pilgrims for the 2011 Hajj exercise was scheduled for the first week of October.

Kashim, in his response, announced the donation of a 27 KVA generator and N1 million for diesel. He also directed the state fire service to release an operational vehicle manned by its personnel to the airport to boost safety readiness.

The governor also asked the ministry of works to release five tractors for the clearing of the airport even as he directed the commissioner in the ministry to commence the clearing of the hajj camp in Maiduguri in preparation for the October airlift of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia."

Note the parts in bold. The airport "not functioning" (as GEJ put it) is a clear indication that it's being closed for repairs at the time he was referring to, NOT an admission or claim that the airport is completely broken down and unable to be used. I don't know if it was in 2011 when GEJ was considering going to Borno or in the last few months, but obviously that airport has issues and needs to be fixed and inspected before anybody uses it. How hard is it to try and actually think about what is being said instead of rushing foolishly to criticize in an effort to look smart? Is GEJ supposed to use a CLOSED airport that's being repaired?

Ghanaians are fine, foreign criticism is fine, criticism in general is useful, but i don't like pretentious dumbasses.

Have you become a GEJ apologist? You are saying your President can not drive into a city? He can not fly in by Helicopter? Do you not find it crazy that airports are being closed for repairs, a whole airport o, not even runways. You said GEJ was the best that could be elected as at the time of elections, what of the other candidates? GEJ was the dullest, lets leave Buhari out of it, what of Ribadu? I have followed your posts on Nairaland and though I often do not agree with your sentiments, you have always given sound reasons for your opinion, but, on this one, I am dissappointed.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by idirect(m): 6:37am On Jun 26, 2012
HNosegbe: For me, the most ridiculous part of the entire show was when he was asked why he hadn't been to Borno State since the BH attacks began. "Because the airport was not functioning"? Come on!!!
Very ridiculous
And some idiot was saying here yesterday that was the best media chat ever
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ismhab(m): 6:37am On Jun 26, 2012
Proxytalk: That so called prof. is very very stupid to have talked to the President of the Fedral of Nigeria like that. Yes we may have problem with the president on puplic speech out of inexperince, but we are stil watching him including nass n opposition. he got election right , power is almost changing then other sectors alike. Then who is this ghanaian to use such word as lunatic/unsound mind on our presido. infact he deserv to be prosecuted its the biggest insult to nig from ghanaians, its poisnus envy
What is the difference between u and Peter Obi? When he accused Naseer El-rufai that he has abused igbos for saying the truth.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by maigaskiya1: 6:41am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Imagine a sitting president telling us he even tried persuading the previous president to BREAK THE LAW of the land. What nonsense?
we once had a presidnt dat opeanly cald an internatonal journalist an idiot 4 daring 2 ask hm questns on coruptn in nija.yet no ghanian prof kald hm names.d same man said can my foot.ure very stupid.2 a clergy man in jos yet..he ws normal.mak una cm pusue gudluk mak we see.mtheeew noise makers
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2012
West Africa not Al Qaeda/Boko Harm/The Nigerian Taliban please!! grin

Can these Boko Haram be considered West African? I don't think so, they are not proper West Africans at all, they are DOGS!!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 6:45am On Jun 26, 2012
hercules07:
Have you become a GEJ apologist? You are saying your President can not drive into a city? He can not fly in by Helicopter? Do you not find it crazy that airports are being closed for repairs, a whole airport o, not even runways. You said GEJ was the best that could be elected as at the time of elections, what of the other candidates? GEJ was the dullest, lets leave Buhari out of it, what of Ribadu? I have followed your posts on Nairaland and though I often do not agree with your sentiments, you have always given sound reasons for your opinion, but, on this one, I am dissappointed.

What exactly is this infatuation with Nuhu Ribadu that some people have? Because he was OBJ's attack dog?

You know very well that I rarely intervene in the legion of back and forths between Beaf and his camp and oyb, dayokanu, Gbawe and their camp on GEJ, but I just can't stand such dumb criticism and that is why I jumped in here. Otherwise, I am one of those who has been sufficiently disappointed with some of GEJ's choices that I rarely bother to discuss him any more - even on the politics section.

Please tell me, why would GEJ drive into Maiduguri? What would be the purpose of going there? And if he were to go there, why would he take the least safe route to get there (driving from Abuja to Maiduguri) and drive 525 miles (a 10 hour trip) from Abuja to Maiduguri?

I don't know the specifics of why Maiduguri airport was closed but it is a fact that it was closed for repairs and no airports should be used until deemed safe by authorities with more expertise on airports that you and I. Or are you suggesting there was some conspiracy to make the airport unusable exactly around the time Boko Haram was going wild in the state?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Elueme: 6:45am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Imagine a sitting president telling us he even tried persuading the previous president to BREAK THE LAW of the land. What nonsense?
For the information of the public including our foreign professor who supposedly know our laws better, the constitution says that a public officer shall declare assets to the CCB, not necessarily the public. If you seek more info on this u approach the bureau via the freedom of information wch GEJ signed into law.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ziccoit: 6:48am On Jun 26, 2012
From Prof. George

To my Nigerian followers. I appreciate all your wonderful comments, including the negative ones, regarding my write-up on GEJ. It will be impossible to respond to all individually; hence, this generic response.

I always distinguish between African leaders/governments and the PEOPLE. Chinua Achebe said it best in his book, The Trouble With Nigeria. There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian character, culture or water. The problem lies purely and squarely with the leadership.

I have always admired Nigerians in the past -- resilient people, bustling with energy, dynamism and entrepreneurship. You will still find these admirable traits in some spots such as Onitsha Market. But the Nigerians of today are of a different stock – broken spirits, battered souls and trapped in cocoons of fear, mistrust and despair. Decades of reckless misrule and total government dysfunction have corroded the fabric of Nigerian character and society. When trapped in such a mess or maze, it is difficult to see the way out. When you engage a Nigerian in a conversation, the first thing s/he wants to know is which tribe or religion do you belong to? It never used to be like this.

The Ashanti have a proverb which says, “The one cutting a path through the bush does not see if it is crooked or not. Only those who stand afar can determine this.” What I write about Nigeria comes from this perspective. I am not Yoruba, Ndigbo or Hausa. I have no political axe to grind in Nigeria. I cannot even be president of Nigeria. In fact, I am not interested in the presidency of any African country. I call it the way I see it without fear or favor. The advantage and the service that I provide to the people of Nigeria is that I can say a lot of things which they are afraid to say. That doesn’t mean everything I say about Nigeria is true but at least it exposes the people to new or alternative perspectives.

However, it is not enough to say that President Goodluck Jonathan is a joke without pointing out the way forward, which is what I drilled into my students. Accordingly, I am writing another piece, Making Nigeria Work Again, which I will tweet in a couple of days.

Thanks for all your comments.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by flyuche(m): 6:49am On Jun 26, 2012
what is it about President Jonathan that attracts loads of " insults ". Really we need a president we can admire and be proud of. Jonathan failed there.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by hercules07: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

What exactly is this infatuation with Nuhu Ribadu that some people have? Because he was OBJ's attack dog?

You know very well that I rarely intervene in the legion of back and forths between Beaf and his camp and oyb, dayokanu, Gbawe and their camp on GEJ, but I just can't stand such dumb criticism and that is why I jumped in here. Otherwise, I am one of those who has been sufficiently disappointed with some of GEJ's choices that I don't rarely bother to discuss him any more - even on the politics section.

Please tell me, why would GEJ drive into Maiduguri? What would be the purpose of going there? And if he were to go there, why would he take the least safe route to get there (driving from Abuja to Maiduguri) and drive 525 miles (a 10 hour trip) from Abuja to Maiduguri?

I am not infatuated with Ribadu, infact, I voted Buhari not him though I have sympathies for ACN, the president is meant to inspire confidence and to give hope, if driving into Maiduguri was the only choice, then he should have done it, I expect my President to lead from the front and to show BH that he is not deterred by their craziness, heck, world leaders visit war zones, why can GEJ not do the same in Maiduguri. The Prof. should not have called him of unsound mind, but, all other criticisms are justified, no sensible world leader will give that kind of media chat and expect to be taken seriously.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 6:53am On Jun 26, 2012
ziccoit: From Prof. George

To my Nigerian followers. I appreciate all your wonderful comments, including the negative ones, regarding my write-up on GEJ. It will be impossible to respond to all individually; hence, this generic response.

I always distinguish between African leaders/governments and the PEOPLE. Chinua Achebe said it best in his book, The Trouble With Nigeria. There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian character, culture or water. The problem lies purely and squarely with the leadership.

I have always admired Nigerians in the past -- resilient people, bustling with energy, dynamism and entrepreneurship. You will still find these admirable traits in some spots such as Onitsha Market. But the Nigerians of today are of a different stock – broken spirits, battered souls and trapped in cocoons of fear, mistrust and despair. Decades of reckless misrule and total government dysfunction have corroded the fabric of Nigerian character and society. When trapped in such a mess or maze, it is difficult to see the way out. When you engage a Nigerian in a conversation, the first thing s/he wants to know is which tribe or religion do you belong to? It never used to be like this.

The Ashanti have a proverb which says, “The one cutting a path through the bush does not see if it is crooked or not. Only those who stand afar can determine this.” What I write about Nigeria comes from this perspective. I am not Yoruba, Ndigbo or Hausa. I have no political axe to grind in Nigeria. I cannot even be president of Nigeria. In fact, I am not interested in the presidency of any African country. I call it the way I see it without fear or favor. The advantage and the service that I provide to the people of Nigeria is that I can say a lot of things which they are afraid to say. That doesn’t mean everything I say about Nigeria is true but at least it exposes the people to new or alternative perspectives.

However, it is not enough to say that President Goodluck Jonathan is a joke without pointing out the way forward, which is what I drilled into my students. Accordingly, I am writing another piece, Making Nigeria Work Again, which I will tweet in a couple of days.

Thanks for all your comments.

Thanks for the comment...ignore the negative posts grin cool
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by idirect(m): 6:55am On Jun 26, 2012
alj harem: This GEJ fans would never accept the truth even though it is right infront of them. No being a GEJ fan does not mean we support Buhari and co.

You people are blinded by tribal sentiment. Wake up and smell the coffee, you are just selling your childrens future cuz of tribalism
Some nigerian are just too gullible to understand the situation on ground @alj-harem
Gej is leading us to the pit and some idot call us buhari fan for resisting cluelessness
Remove tribal and religion bigotry from naija that's a thousand step forward my brother

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pauloman(m): 6:56am On Jun 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

What I like about you haters is that no one tales you seriously. Why do you think there are so many of you on NL? Where else would you go?

Little do you know....go to most social networks ,facebook,tweeter name it,you would even find millions of GEJ haters than u can ever imagine ! The voice of the people is the voice of God !
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by texazzpete(m): 6:57am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: I'm sorry but this Professor is just a dullard dressed up in fancy clothing.

He actually suggested that GEJ should drive into Borno state (to do WHAT?!) because terror attacks were going on there, rather than conferring with state officials and security advisers and officials at a safer place. I don't see the value whatsoever of going in there, but apparently GEJ actually thinks his presence there will show he is serious (or whatever other misguided and sentimental rationale reason would motivate going in there) about tackling Boko Haram so he was actually considering going there.

Hmm
Between an internationally respected Professor of repute and you, I think we know who most people would pick as the dumbass, to be honest.

Picking just ONE point to post this epistle is not worthy of the intelligence most people here used to associate with you. Have you been compromised too, that you readily abdicate common sense?

You make assumptions that are not guaranteed to be factual. Even more bizarre is your insistence that GEJ has declared his assets - even when the man himself admits he has not done so and will not do so. Strange.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2012
SmoothCrim: West Africa not Al Qaeda/Boko Harm/The Nigerian Taliban please!! grin

Can these Boko Haram be considered West African? I don't think so, they are not proper West Africans at all, they are DOGS!!!
Stop acting like a monkey given a banana!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Boboedom: 6:58am On Jun 26, 2012
To be honest, our president is a very big embarrassement. I was so scandalised listening to the Chat and hoping by some magic that international community/press will not have access to it in the raw form. Na real waooooo
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by decode55(m): 6:59am On Jun 26, 2012
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari / Facts Why Buhari Will Win 2019 Election - Kelvin Nwata / Oshiomhole, APC Governors Beg Kwankwaso Not To Return To The PDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.