Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41303 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by texazzpete(m): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Lol... Nigerians pay tax! It is one of the worst country in taxes revenue collection. That is not a good point at all to go with in your comment.

Speak for yourself. I do not speak for all Nigerians. I speak for myself alone. I pay over 4 million naira in taxes every year. In return my government gives me:

1) bad roads....so i had to buy an SUV at an incremental cost to my taxes
2) no potable water...so i get all my water from a borehole
3) poor electricity...so i have 2 generators and 1 inverter
4) poor security...so i am reliant on the honesty of my maiguard to keep me safe

Abeg, you may not think so, but some of us have earned the right to demand for good leadership. Call me back when you have children and start caring for their future.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Lol... Nigerians pay tax! It is one of the worst country in taxes revenue collection. That is not a good point at all to go with in your comment.

Stop being an idi0t. What happened to the VAT? What of the tax burden on imports passed on them by producers? Even on gasoline they pay tax in spite of the lies on 'subsidy'. The only place Nigeria like most developing countries is lacking is on personal income taxation and that is because of the informal nature of the economy which makes personal income tax administration a daunting task. So don't come here spewing rubbish and lies.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

is the prof living in nigeria ?what interest does he have in our national political discourse?i beg think well

Nigerian being the largest nation in black race is model, so its not about us - its about the black race. We deserve better!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2012
4evergod3: I also saw this coming and resoundingly voted against GEJ and i will do it again Being an easterner I ought to have voted for him but i and my entire family never did because of his activities while acting in Bayelsa. Nigerians are too sentimental and never see the truth even when it is staring them right in the face.

Ghana is now talking back to us because of GEJ it was never so with other leaders. Nigeria still had a semblance of respect and status while under past leaders but with GEJ it all went to the dogs. Everything he touches now gets destroyed because the poor guy just simple can't do this job. If he can't face the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen.

GEJ must go! Every revolution starts with one man and if i must start this one then so be it. Enough talking and more action. We keep talking about GEJ and he keeps wreaking havoc to this nation. This man must not remain till 2015 otherwise you and i would have to relocate to Ghana or cameroon by then as their economies would be a goldmine by then and ours would be like somalia.

What makes you think they would take a skill-less, hapless, gutless Nigerian??

GEJ is doing alright...

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2012
tunnytox: Some Nigerians will never stop to have their ususal egoistic attitude, what is wrong whether the speaker is a Ghanaian, Togolose or even a Camerounian? This bloke called Jonathan represent nothing but mediocrity, whoever fails to see this after these few years of Jonathan in power need to have their head checked because they must be mentally ill.
Coming from a mentally ill person?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

Nigerian being the largest nation in black race is model, so its not about us - its about the black race. We deserve better!

Nonsense...

Nigeria is a reflection of Nigeria and NOT the Black race. What an embarrassment to say Nigeria is a reflection of the Black Race. Are you trying to get black kids to fail??
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by unbiasedjudge(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2012
[size=28pt]GEJ Sucks
His supporters are not sincere because of corruption
[/size]
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2012
denitro:

I live in Ghana too.
Your statement is complete falsehood. On what basis is he worse?
Could it be?
Constant electricity
Good roads
Conducive business climate
NDC party politics will always be politics...

I warned people against voting for GEJ when he refused to debate
and tell Nigerians what he intends to do when he becomes president.
For me that was a NO-BRAINER.
GEJ is a NO-BRAINER.

well i wont like to talk much but i think if u ask any ndc member they will tell u that a poll was conducted among ndc members and nana lead by 52 % not satisfied mahaman gave the job to another local group and still nana led. secondly where is the contant power u keep telling ppl that ghana has?so u are the ones telling ppl in nigeria that there is no power outage in ghana,keep fooling them.nigerians listen to me i live here if you want to knw the truth about ghana come dont let anybody lie to you come and stay for one month and see

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chucky234(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: So was that thieving buffoon OBJ and his legion of stooges and fellow thieves somehow competent? Yet they named a road after him in Ghana.

Or Yar'Adua, who was slow moving, and corrupt, and unwilling to relinquish power, leaving the country basically without a working government?

Where was this professor then?

There was certainly no better candidate with an actual chance of winning when GEJ actually stood for election.

And please nobody should even dare to mention Buhari, the nepotistic delusional best buddy of Abacha who thinks Abacha never stole and who incited his foot soldiers to slaughter innocent people after being out-rigged.

I'm not a fan of GEJ but geez, the torrent of crap aimed at him doesn't make much sense.

The only point this professor could make is the UNILAG renaming. The rest was conjecture and mudslinging.

On the declaration of assets, GEJ declared his assets 5 times by 2007 and also declared them in 2010 after becoming president..

What GEJ said was that printing what he declared on the pages of newspapers affects nothing - which is true. I wonder how a Ph.D holder and an intellectual like Ayittey can claim that GEJ is not following the constitution when Nigeria's laws do not currently require any official's assets declarations to be made public. This professor seems to have been confused by the word "declare". GEJ declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau in 2010 when he became president - he just refuses to cave in to the demand to declare it in newspapers. Why? He thinks it will have no effect on anything (it won't) and obviously sees the issue as petty compared to bigger issues like the Boko boys up north.

I think GEJ should be the bigger man and cave in to the demands of the masses here and just print it in a damn newspaper already and even push for an amendment to the constitution making all office holders in all areas of government have to publish their assets openly in independent, non-governmental publications. Goodluck would win some goodwill by doing that, but I doubt he has the stones for it.

Can't stop laughing with this your crappy post,GEJ declared asset to Code of Conduct Bureau and how does translate to democracy.
GEJ is to declare asset to Nigerian (the people) because that's what is required of a president in a democtatic dispensation since democracy is government for the people by the people.
The asset declared by Ya'radua was published for all to see and not kept secret by non existing Code of Conduct Burea,things are not working and we should be courageos enough to put sentinment aside and call our leaders to order.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mutee: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: I don't care about him as a person or his personality. That is all of no mind to me. However, that the man has taken on the highest seat in the land and REFUSED, absolutely REFUSED to work towards moving the nation forward, that is what I have a problem with.

Nigeria continues to invest billions of it's limited funds to produce what exactly? The man is sitting on the futures of over 150 million people and he didn't even bother to do his homework before a 2 hour chat/update meeting before the nation.
This is exactly my problem with him.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Paentera(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

You did not settle for him. You and your vampire brothers and sisters tried everything including shedding blood (for which God Almighty will punish you all one by one)to stop us. We the SANE MAJORITY voted PDP and GEJ into office.

Afam is telling the truth and I'm glad he wasn't sentimental in pointing this out. He's not from the north anyway and is as Eastern as you can get.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

Stop being an idi0t. What happened to the VAT? What of the tax burden on imports passed on them by producers? The only place Nigeria like most developing countries is lacking is on personal income taxation and that is because of the informal nature of the economy which makes personal income tax administration a daunting task. So don't come here spewing rubbish and lies.
You are idiot of the highest order. You don't read to comprehend but quick to run your rabid mouth around. You are very repugnant dude!

I would advice you to reread the comment you just quoted. The whole point about my comment is lost on you,f00l! I dare you explain what you understand about my comment.M0R0N!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2012
4evergod3: I also saw this coming and resoundingly voted against GEJ and i will do it again Being an easterner I ought to have voted for him but i and my entire family never did because of his activities while acting in Bayelsa. Nigerians are too sentimental and never see the truth even when it is staring them right in the face.

Ghana is now talking back to us because of GEJ it was never so with other leaders. Nigeria still had a semblance of respect and status while under past leaders but with GEJ it all went to the dogs. Everything he touches now gets destroyed because the poor guy just simple can't do this job. If he can't face the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen.

GEJ must go! Every revolution starts with one man and if i must start this one then so be it. Enough talking and more action. We keep talking about GEJ and he keeps wreaking havoc to this nation. This man must not remain till 2015 otherwise you and i would have to relocate to Ghana or cameroon by then as their economies would be a goldmine
by then and ours would be like somalia.

please bring all ur money to ghana and see if you will not regret it.i keeep saying this come and live here before saying ghana ghana.if u visit u wont know but after spending 3months u will regret setting up here
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2012
jmaine:

You see why we said even the most silly nairalander pretends to attain messianic intelligence simply because you just need to criticize the president . . . .Am sure this dude is not even aware of the contribution of zoologist to the health sector especially the field of parasitology which is branch of zoology . . .Contribution of zoological research in the field of agriculture in pest control management . . . .

Only silly people chose to attack a personality based on the course he read in the tertiary institution. . . .Odili was a medical doctor . . . .he sure performed wonders in Rivers state during his tenure . . . . . .[size=18]Gbenga Daniel is a first class product and a tested technocrat in the engineering field . . .we all saw how he turned out in Ogun State[/size]

Your attempt was quite silly . . . .

What did Gbenga Daniel turned Ogun state into? Bros, GEJ is a disappointment. We all know it. Don't bother seeking relevance on NL with other failures.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

is the prof living in nigeria ?what interest does he have in our national political discourse?i beg think well
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by musty1987(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2012
So sad. we have unfit as a president too bad,
Badluck Ebele Jonathan BEJ cool
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by AjanleKoko: 8:27am On Jun 26, 2012
I like this.
And yet the GEJ fan-worms come out of their holes to try and discredit the professor.
Nigerians have really gone and overdone themselves this time, electing a man without a brain as president.
Sometimes you can't help but hate yourself for being a Nigerian. I mean, I would have preferred being from Benin Republic at this time embarassed

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 8:28am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: You are idiot of the highest order. You don't read to comprehend but quick to run your rabid mouth around. You are very repugnant dude!

I would advice you to reread the comment you just quoted. The whole point about my comment is lost on you,f00l! I dare you explain what you understand about my comment.M0R0N!

hahaha "repugnant". I heard that last on "Pinky and the Brain". Like I said you are deceitful. Based on the income level of Nigerians, they pay sufficient tax. In the UK for example, the tax free income is at 8105 pounds annually. How many Nigerians earn 2000 pounds per annum? You have not made any meaningful comparison but rushed into concluding that Nigerians are poor in terms of taxation.

Like most of you internet trolls, you need your head examined.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by hotwax: 8:29am On Jun 26, 2012
Lol... Nigerians pay tax! It is one of the worst country in taxes revenue collection. That is not a good point at all to go with in your comment.

Bcuz u leave in the Village. I leave in Lagos and I never miss a month tax for the past 6 years.

Tax is a must in Lagos. And Lagos is part of Nigeria, which invalidate your statement above.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kennytidistar(m): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2012
pls o what's his business with our family we have our way they have their way and the clueless is a language used by Mr presidents enemies which shows that he is hired to do the job and on what basis did he arrive @ his assertion that prof must be a lunatic better still he is insane.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by BabaIbada: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

My dear, he is a professor, an intellectual allowed to analyse economic or political issues in Ghana, Nigeria and anywhere in the world, you too can if your intellect is ripe enough for that bro. He doesnt have to live in Nigeria, there are hundreds of non-Nigerians who haven't been to and likely will never visit Nigeria who are disturbed by Boko Haram menace and the suffering of Nigerians abroad despite the country's endowment. Just for the records, Professor Ayittey centred is argument on Gej's media chat and buttress it with his understanding of topical issues in Nigeria and our constitution.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by khalids: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2012
morufoye: In the spirit of oneness, I would like to appeal to all nigerians to stop this perpetual criticism of the personality of the president because presently he symbolises Nigeria. Admittedly, his performance is not up to your expectations but you voted him in and that puts the blame on the you because it proves that your judgement is inexcusably poor. The man served as a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president before you voted for him again. His previous performance should have given you the opportunity to access him and decide. If truly we need a change we should not let our religious and tribal differences affect our judgment in selecting a leader.

not all clothes are meant to be dried in the sun.
Let us chase away the fox first and later rebuke the hen.

What mr president needs right is our support. Sure it may be in form of criticism but it should be constructive. He is all we got now let's deal with it. All patriotic Nigerians should rise up and ask that big mouthed professor to shut his trap.

Bros you need to check your definition of patriotism. A patriot fights for the good of his country, and note that, country does not mean the land mass or the elected office holders but refers to the citizen. Telling us to support a man who is putting the citizens of a nation into jeopardy is absolutely unpatriotic. If you are a true patriot you will always stand for truth and the ultimate good of the citizens of your country and not any one singular individual. The office of the president is an exalted office and if any singular individual makes mockery of it, they need to be called to order and this includes the holder of such office.

So if the president is making mockery of the office, he needs to be called to order. The insults we are getting from home and abroad is simply because the president is making mockery of his office, and i believe the way to stopping this is to call him to order and not going on an offensive with the people throwing insults at him. (As the Yoruba adage say: Cutting of your head is not the cure to headache)

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ifyegede(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!

wat is the point of declaring your assets when the rport will not be made public? If he has nothing to hide let hin declare his asets publicly.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

please bring all ur money to ghana and see if you will not regret it.i keeep saying this come and live here before saying ghana ghana.if u visit u wont know but after spending 3months u will regret setting up here

Dude i go to Ghana all the time. In fact some of Nigerian friends live there full time and they would rather stay in ghana than return to Nigeria. I know all about Ghana and judging by the way Ghana is headed, they have greatness in store unlike Nigeria who is losing everything. Why do u think OBAMA chose to visit Ghana and not Nigeria? Think man think!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by jmaine: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

What did Gbenga Daniel turned Ogun state into? Bros, GEJ is a disappointment. We all know it. Don't bother seeking relevance on NL with other failures.

Interesting . .let me appease your intellect and sincerity by saying Gbenga Daniel was the best thing to happen to Ogun State . . .The people were unfair in berating him and accusing him falsely . . .He performed excellently and never embezzled . . . .Ogun peeps were erroneous in calling him a failure . .

If you feel the above ticks your approval . . then permit me to also strengthen the theory that the worth of a Nigerian politician is in his/her course of study and professional field

Again, it's silly trying to attack a personality based on the course he/she studied in the university . . . .that is what kids do . . .Do you also support that notion . . .

Verdict :- If you must criticize . .don't be silly about it by citing his course of study, more so when you don't even know much about you chose to castigate . . .
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chucky234(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2012
J12: Obasanjo made more imbecillic comments than GEJ would ever do.

Obasanjo made more stupid decisions.

Obasanjo was more corrupt.

But nigerians are praising him now.
Another mumu-maga,you must be living under Olumo rock to say Nigerians are praising OBJ.
OBJ was a soldier while GEJ is a Phd holder so we expected some intelligent decisions from GEJ but none has surfaced since taking over the reign,the reform agenda has been nothing more than waste of public funds not to talk of the SURE programmes that was used to squander subsidy money.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by unbiasedjudge(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2012
kennytidistar: pls o what's his business with our family we have our way they have their way and the clueless is a language used by Mr presidents enemies which shows that he is hired to do the job and on what basis did he arrive @ his assertion that prof must be a lunatic better still he is insane.

Re-read your post and grow up!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Eazeee(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2012
**walks in*shakes my head 4 JONA* and blame BOKO HARAM,BUHARI,IBB,ATIKU, NORTHERNERS,WESTERNERS 4 making a PHD holder clueless n incompetent**

Always blame odas 4 evritin negative is PDP's philosophy
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ocelot2006(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2012
KnowAll: Goodluck Jonathan, was an accidental President, d mistake OBJ did was allowing Yardua to choose him as a running mate. Duke or Attah of Akwa Ibom would have been a better choice.

Duke: definitely
Attah: HELL NO!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Coming from a mentally ill person?

Your contribution so far proved that you are as clueless as your boss GEJ, you don't deserve a minute of my time.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by BabaIbada: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2012
jmaine:

Interesting . .let me appease your intellect and sincerity by saying Gbenga Daniel was the best thing to happen to Ogun State . . .The people were unfair in voting him out . . .He performed excellently and never embezzled . . . .Ogun peeps made the worse mistake of their lives voting him out . .

If you feel the above ticks your approval . . [b]then permit me to also strengthen the theory that the worth of a Nigerian politician is in his/her course of study and professional field

[/b]

Again, it's silly trying to attack a personality based on the course he/she studied in the university . . . .that is what kids do . . .Do you also support that notion . . .

Verdict :- If you must criticize . .don't b silly about it by citing his course of study, moreso when you don't even know much about you chose to castigate . . .
Voted Gbenga Daniel out? He finished his two terms bro.....
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Suljosh: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2012
Makesunwa u r out of ur mind and u dnt knw wat u r saying, or r u part of d cabals? If nt shut ur mouth if u dnt have any meaningful thing to say. And stop insultin nigerians wit ur boring comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Photo Of Sanwo-olu Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jimi Agbaje / Agboola Ajayi: More Troubles For Ondo Deputy Governor / No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.