Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,086 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

The Rich Man And Lazarus - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rich Man And Lazarus (7801 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
@ijawkid
Yes Jesus went to hell FOR YOU. He took ur place & was raised to life for ur justification.
@ frosbel
Wht part of all I saidis blinded by religion? Dt wht Jesus said is false? Dt he didn't descend to hell? Or dt spirits don't exist?
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by enilove(m): 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
It is really sad when some christians read something in the bible and would decide or infer that it means something else.
Hell is hell. Grave is grave and diff from hell.
Sheol means the abode of the dead.

The bible mentioned grave on countless number of times.It also mentioned hell, both in the new and old testament, many times. So,why should we suggest or assume that the hell should not be included in the bible, but be replaced with the word "grave"?
It is simple, we are afraid of going there.
But the wise would think of what could take him to hell and avoid doing such things.
The bible says in Romans 8:6 that " to be carnally minded is death;and to be spiritually minded in life and peace."
It also says in Proverb 15:24 " That the way of life is above ( spiritually minded) to the WISE ,that he may depart from hell beneath. Not grave.

Why is satan ministring such messages to people, it is to downplay sin and its consequence. Eventually, he might succeed in taking as many people, as possible, to hell.

God knew it would come to this and said in 2Timothy 4:3-4 " For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, & shall be turned unto fables( parables or alegory ). Just as they call the story of Lazarus and Abrahim, in Look 16: 20- 25 ,a parable or fable.

We cannot continue to waste our time on this as father Abraham told the rich man that , even if someone in hell should go to them in the world to warn them,they would still not believe. There 4, no amount of argument can change some people,since they can read it from the bible and infer a diff meaning to it.They want to rewrite the bible.

God says in Hosea 4:17" Ephraim is joined to idols:let him alone."Likewise,some people have dicided not believe lies of the devil,let them alone.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

ignore these people, religion has blinded them to reason and logic.

And satan has blinded you to the bitter truth of the bible. That's why you are behaving as if you are his spokes person on hell and other related matters. Small boy(ijawkid), listen to your master or suffer the consequences of not ignoring us according to his majestic order.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
enilove: It is really sad when some christians read something in the bible and would decide or infer that it means something else.

The bible mentioned grave on countless number of times.It also mentioned hell, both in the new and old testament, many times. So,why should we suggest or assume that the hell should not be included in the bible, but be replaced with the word "grave"?
But the wise would think of what could take him to hell and avoid doing such things.
The bible says in Romans 8:6 that " to be carnally minded is death;and to be spiritually minded in life and peace."
It also says in Proverb 15:24 " That the way of life is above ( spiritually minded) to the WISE ,that he may depart from hell beneath. Not grave.

Why is satan ministring such messages to people, it is to downplay sin and its consequence. Eventually, he might succeed in taking as many people, as possible, to hell.

God knew it would come to this and said in 2Timothy 4:3-4 " For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, & shall be turned unto fables( parables or alegory ). Just as they call the story of Lazarus and Abrahim, in Look 16: 20- 25 ,a parable or fable.

We cannot continue to waste our time on this as father Abraham told the rich man that , even if someone in hell should go to them in the world to warn them,they would still not believe. There 4, no amount of argument can change some people,since they can read it from the bible and infer a diff meaning to it.They want to rewrite the bible.

God says in Hosea 4:17" Ephraim is joined to idols:let him alone."Likewise,some people have dicided not believe lies of the devil,let them alone.

and the place of the dead is what,??...Hell fire ...

enilove I know you to be a diligent student of the scriptures....go back and sincerely do an indepth study of the root words sheol,hades,gehenna,.....

please do.......

I thought I had re-quoted proverbs 15:24 from other renditions....

New Living Translation (©2007)
The path of life leads upward for the wise; they leave the grave behind.

English Standard Version (©2001)
The path of life leads upward for the prudent, that he may turn away from Sheol beneath.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The path of life leads upward for the wise That he may keep away from Sheol below.

enilove do you see what I am seeing. do you see how the NOT renders the word sheol...go back and do more research.....

thank you...
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

And satan has blinded you to the bitter truth of the bible. That's why you are behaving as if you are his spokes person on hell and other related matters. Small boy(ijawkid), listen to your master or suffer the consequences of not ignoring us according to his majestic order.

Alex you are falling our hands o....why are you not settled?....we are reasoning from the scriptures.....calm down.....cheesy
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: You always know people who are not controlled by Christ when they start personal abuse and slander.

I quit this thread. smiley

You are simply running away from your shame. You ve exhausted all your life saving jacket- Apostolic faith accusation, Deeper life accusation and catholic accusation. Let's I forget, pagan accusation. Now you ve seen that you are a drowning man running a satan inspired teaching. You have only one option - surrender your satanic views of the bible and Jesus will set you free.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
^^

Why are you so angry and bitter ? This is only a forum for discussion and sharing ideas ? Don't take it personal , enjoy your weekend.

smiley
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Why are you so angry and bitter ? This is only a forum for discussion and sharing ideas ? Don't take it personal , enjoy your weekend.

smiley
John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, notholding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru: John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, notholding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies

God bless you for this. Exactly what they do here with their false doctrine.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2013

smiley

Quit false teaching. Enjoy your weekend too.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Alex you are falling our hands o....why are you not settled?....we are reasoning from the scriptures.....calm down.....cheesy

Who said am not settled? Fighting your false teaching is what you call being unsettLed? Abegii...
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
enilove: It is really sad when some christians read something in the bible and would decide or infer that it means something else.

Thanks enilove. Whether they like it or not, we ll continue to preach the bitter truth about eternity. This is not an issue that should be left like that for this false teachers. Everyday thousands of souls are dying, many not saved and some others though christians yet fed with such false doctrines. And they are all heading to hell with only a few of them being heaven ready. We must not relent. Let the false teachers continue with their false teachings if they like but we won't also keep quiet and allow their falsehood to prosper. These are the last days and we are told in the bible that false prophets shall arise and shall deceive many. We are not suprised to see them arising in the name of understanding the bible more than others. God bless u.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

Who said am not settled? Fighting your false teaching is what you call being unsettLed? Abegii...

Are you reasoning from the scriptures or just being emotional??........choose one
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
So after clearly showing @ijawkid from scriptures all these while, he still chooses to beat about d bush. It is a shame. Ur mindset has clouded ur reasoning. All dt has bn said has rocked ur theology which claims dt d Holy Spirit is a force & nt a personality. I knw dt is d root of ur rejection I can understand ur issues bt it is frosbel own dt sort of baffles me. Take d words of Jesus & let them sort out ur mindset
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Even if d hell dt Jesus talked abt is different from d one angels were in. Wht is clear is dis:
1) There is an afterlife. Before Jesus came, d good used to go to a place called Abraham's bossom & d unjust used to go to hell.
2) After Jesus died he went to hell & preached to d spirits in prison.
3) They rose with him and shewed themselves to people in d city.

Anybody with a contrary view should pls state it here & now or forever be silent
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: So after clearly showing @ijawkid from scriptures all these while, he still chooses to beat about d bush. It is a shame. Ur mindset has clouded ur reasoning. All dt has bn said has rocked ur theology which claims dt d Holy Spirit is a force & nt a personality. I knw dt is d root of ur rejection I can understand ur issues bt it is frosbel own dt sort of baffles me. Take d words of Jesus & let them sort out ur mindset
Their false and useless teachings has been put to an overwhelming shame but pride and their master, satan, has so blindfolded them with this idiotic twisting of the scriptures. Only God can deliver them. We ll keep telling the bitter truth of the bible.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2013

smiley
No one is discussing with a DECEIT. You must accept ALL what Jesus\bible teaches, else u will remain a knwn deceit on Nairaland.

Stop ur joxtaposing\misinterpretation Bible ministry den pple will take u serios. U r gradually losing ur relevance as more pple are becoming aware of ur antic. I hope more pple will be aware of ur anti-christian ministry on Nairaland.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: So after clearly showing @ijawkid from scriptures all these while, he still chooses to beat about d bush. It is a shame. Ur mindset has clouded ur reasoning. All dt has bn said has rocked ur theology which claims dt d Holy Spirit is a force & nt a personality. I knw dt is d root of ur rejection I can understand ur issues bt it is frosbel own dt sort of baffles me. Take d words of Jesus & let them sort out ur mindset

Which scriptures na??....are you people dreaming or what??.........

You guys have blatantly denied the sole doctrine of ressurection to cling to your fallacies....aren't y'all ashamed of yourselfs??............you guys have denied the fact that Jesus did not die completely for 3days....can any doctrine be more insane than that??

Who has been dodging from the words of the scriptures if not you guys.......

What are the words of Jesus na??......

That he would ressurect ingrates who don't need ressurection,.....abi??....

The next time I catch any of you on this forum discuss the ressurection from the scriptures we'll have it tough...........

As far as I am concerned you guys have obviously denied the ressurection doctrine.......

You guys are a failure to what ever Jesus taught and stood for......

You guys can go create a tag team with muslims who say Jesus did not die..........

Have a good day..!!!!
angry

2 Likes

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:
Their false and useless teachings has been put to an overwhelming shame but pride and their master, satan, has so blindfolded them with this idiotic twisting of the scriptures. Only God can deliver them. We ll keep telling the bitter truth of the bible.

Who has satan blinded if not you guys who deny that Jesus died.........who has satan blinded if not you guys who argue against the ressurection doctrine........who has satan blinded if not you guys who say Jesus went to burn in hell(kudos to bobby on that),who has satan blinded if not you guys who believe that we are spirits and no longer humans....

I never never knew I was arguing with muslims....smh!!!!.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: No one is discussing with a DECEIT. You must accept ALL what Jesus\bible teaches, else u will remain a knwn deceit on Nairaland.

Stop ur joxtaposing\misinterpretation Bible ministry den pple will take u serios. U r gradually losing ur relevance as more pple are becoming aware of ur antic. I hope more pple will be aware of ur anti-christian ministry on Nairaland.

And you are genuine abi??.....

you call one who believes that Jesus died completely and was ressurected on the 3rd day an anti-christian,while you who believe Jesus didn't die for 3days should be called what??....

You can go join your pagan counter-parts and wallow in your hell fire/immortality of the soul doctrine.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
@ijawkid, sorry brother u r a f0ol. I'm sorry but dts wht u r. After all those scriptures all u get is dt we denied resurrection. R u sane? After all dt has bn written? I'm highly disappointed in u & ur reasoning. Abeg shift
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

you call one who believes that Jesus died completely and was ressurected on the 3rd day an anti-christian,while you who believe Jesus didn't die for 3days should be called what??....

You can go join your pagan counter-parts and wallow in your hell fire/immortality of the soul doctrine.......

Even the devil believes Jesus dies and resurected on the 3rd day. That doesnt mean hes no longer the devil. The devil said unto him 'if thou art the son of God...', so even the devil recognized Jesus as the son of God. So it made no difference.

Do u knw y easter is being celebrated world-wide by xtain denominations? Its all about christ death and his resurrection. So i dnt knw y u r askin if we do believ Jesus ressurected or not. At times ur question is baffling.

Ok frm ur unbiased point of view, lets just say the story of Jesus concerning the richman and lazarus is not real (according JW belief and teachings), wat message was he trying to pass across.

Concerning the richman request, 'father abraham, i have five brethren on earth, pls ask lazarus to go and warn dem to repent so that they dnt come here wen they die'.

Pls interprete this two for me.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid, sorry brother u r a f0ol. I'm sorry but dts wht u r. After all those scriptures all u get is dt we denied resurrection. R u sane? After all dt has bn written? I'm highly disappointed in u & ur reasoning. Abeg shift

U better be disappointed In yourself.........

You and your anti-ressurection crew.......cheesy.....
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Even the devil believes Jesus dies and resurected on the 3rd day. That doesnt mean hes no longer the devil. The devil said unto him 'if thou art the son of God...', so even the devil recognized Jesus as the son of God. So it made no difference.

Do u knw y easter is being celebrated world-wide by xtain denominations? Its all about christ death and his resurrection. So i dnt knw y u r askin if we do believ Jesus ressurected or not. At times ur question is baffling.

Ok frm ur unbiased point of view, lets just say the story of Jesus concerning the richman and lazarus is not real (according JW belief and teachings), wat message was he trying to pass across.

Concerning the richman request, 'father abraham, i have five brethren on earth, pls ask lazarus to go and warn dem to repent so that they dnt come here wen they die'.

Pls interprete this two for me.

Then I guess you guys are worse than the devil who believed Jesus died and was underneath this earth for 3 good days and was inactive..............and also you guys are worse than the devil who believed Jesus was the son of God and not God himself(just a lil reminder...cheesy)........

You guys don't believe in the ressurection....why??because if you do you would believe that when we die we stay in our graves until we are ressurected.......your belief of the spirit of man(which you guys believe to be a seperate person and not the breath of life)escaping at death to meet God negates the need for a ressurection..........

God only ressurects those who are dead in all ramifications..........

I have explained what the parable of the rich man and lazaruz means.......and for the umpteenth time I want you and that dubious alexleo to openly agree its a parable........

I personally showed alexleo from the scriptures that that story was a parable...but his obstinate person won't let him accede.............
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
My lawd, d clown strikes again. Hv I evr said I'm anti-resurrection? If u had half a brain u would hv understood wht I've bn saying:
D story of d rich man & lazarus was no parable. But if it were d facts r true & Jesus didn't embellish them.
Jesus died & descended to hell in d spirit to preach to d spirits there.
God is a spirit. The Holy spirit has a personality. Angels r spirits & man is a spirit. If u can prove dt God is just a force, then d human spirit is a force. Bt u can't so ur point is moot.
Jesus resurrected on d 3rd day for ur justification after going to hell for ur sins
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: My lawd, d clown strikes again. Hv I evr said I'm anti-resurrection? If u had half a brain u would hv understood wht I've bn saying:
D story of d rich man & lazarus was no parable. But if it were d facts r true & Jesus didn't embellish them.
Jesus died & descended to hell in d spirit to preach to d spirits there.
God is a spirit. The Holy spirit has a personality. Angels r spirits & man is a spirit. If u can prove dt God is just a force, then d human spirit is a force. Bt u can't so ur point is moot.
Jesus resurrected on d 3rd day for ur justification after going to hell for ur sins

What is hell again??which hell??......is tartarus under the earth??....it seems you've been watching too many fairy tale movies....you've been watching too many clash of the titan movies I guess.......

bobby your stubborness knows no bounds....it has been explicitly explained from the scriptures that the spirit in man that returns to God is the breath of life...how you can't understand this point baffles me.......

God who is ofcourse a spirit person provides this breath of life...........

God created us as humans,that is why we are on the earth.....God created the earth for humans and not for spirits.........didn't your olodo head tell you that...if you were a spirit you should have been in heaven......why are you on earth??........the earth is not for spirits....angry

You are not a spirit...even a new born baby would teach you that....
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Then I guess you guys are worse than the devil who believed Jesus died and was underneath this earth for 3 good days and was inactive..............and also you guys are worse than the devil who believed Jesus was the son of God and not God himself(just a lil reminder...cheesy)........

You guys don't believe in the ressurection....why??because if you do you would believe that when we die we stay in our graves until we are ressurected.......your belief of the spirit of man(which you guys believe to be a seperate person and not the breath of life)escaping at death to meet God negates the need for a ressurection..........

God only ressurects those who are dead in all ramifications..........

I have explained what the parable of the rich man and lazaruz means.......and for the umpteenth time I want you and that dubious alexleo to openly agree its a parable........

I personally showed alexleo from the scriptures that that story was a parable...but his obstinate person won't let him accede.............

Ur response is rather dodgy. Ok to make it easier for u, can u explain the significance of the request as made by the richman, 'i have 5 brethren in the world, ask lazarus to go and preach to dem for them to repent so that they dnt come here wen they die'.

I hav a feeling dat u wont respond straight (or at all). But if u can, pls educate me here. Make it bw both of us only, forget about ur issue with alexleo, pls educate me.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Ur response is rather dodgy. Ok to make it easier for u, can u explain the significance of the request as made by the richman, 'i have 5 brethren in the world, ask lazarus to go and preach to dem for them to repent so that they dnt come here wen they die'.

I hav a feeling dat u wont respond straight (or at all). But if u can, pls educate me here. Make it bw both of us only, forget about ur feeling alexleo, pls educate me.
Please go back to the previous pages .....I had explained it....go back.....angry......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
@true2GOD......can you please tell me the name of the rich mans 5 brothers??....

Meanwhile you had not earlier answered a question I raised on this rich man and also lazaruz.....

What did the rich man and lazarus do to deserve going to hell and heaven respectfully??.....

Talking about an artful dodger I think you're a very tight one.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by enilove(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
From the original languages, the bible uses the Hebrew word sheol and its Greek equivalent hades about 70 times. Some Bible translations translates them as "grave,"hell", or "pit".

When the Bible refers to specific burial place or a grave,it uses other Hebrew and Greek words ,& not sheol or hades. Like as written in Matt 28:1 " In the end of the sabbath,as .........Marry Magdalene and the other Marry to see the sepulchre".

The bible does not use the word sheol for a grave where several individual are buried together as in Genesis 49:30-31

The Bible tells us that sheol or hades are different from grave.
Isiah 5:14 says "There 4 hell hath enlarged herself,& opened her mouth without measure:& their glory......shall descend into it." This indicates that it is diff from a literal burial places which can hold only limited number of dead persons.

Let me ask prosbel,ijawkid and others who believe that hell does not exit,can grave enlarge herself as stated in Isiah 5:14 above? Note that ,only one person can be buried in a grave.

No matter the Bible translations you give to Proverb 15:24 that says "The way of life is above to the wise,that he may depart from hell beneath", that can change the fact that everyone would be buried in the grave. This shows, it is pointless saying ," that he may depart from the grave beneath".
Why did the Bible say that the grave is beneath, when we know that when people are dead they will be buried in the ground?
But the bible tells us that hell is in inside the ground,because many may not know.

Hell is diff from grave. The bones and the flesh are in the grave but the soul is either in hell or in heaven.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid, sorry brother u r a f0ol. I'm sorry but dts wht u r. After all those scriptures all u get is dt we denied resurrection. R u sane? After all dt has bn written? I'm highly disappointed in u & ur reasoning. Abeg shift

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell" - Matthew 5:22

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.