Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,382 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Rich Man And Lazarus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rich Man And Lazarus (7802 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ken4Christ: I can see that frosbel truly has a ministry to deceive those that wants to be deceived. Even when he sees the truth, he denies it. He wants to win an argument at all cost. He has a Phd in scripture twisting.

May God deliver simple souls from his hand in Jesus Name, Amen.

Yes you are very right and we shouldnt allow such a useless and hopeless ministry to be forced down on people. Those who willingly aaccept it thats for them but NO FORCING WHATSOEVER.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
true2god: The problem is ur trying to drive ur opinion on pple whether true or false and u never wish to learn. U dnt believ anyone put u thru' wat u dnt understand. Thats too egoistic and full of pride. The same pride and ego dat made the devil to fall.

Back to ur question, 'God breath into a man and he became a living soul'. Thats the Bible truth. The bible didnt not say God also breath into animals as well to become 'a living souls'. Thats where the peculiarity of man comes to play. Cos God breath (spirit) activates man at creation.

Take a phone, as an example, without a Sim card, the phone is useless. The same thing applicable to the body, without a soul and spirit its useless. The same breath we breath daily keeps the spirit alive in the body. We the breath stops our spirit goes back to God (check stephen's statement at his point of death: 'lord acept my spirit', Jesus at the point of death said, 'into thine hand i commit my spirit). Compare with with paul prayer for the xtain congregation 'may God bless ur spirit, soul and body'.

Tho' u r not meant to believe the bible completely, as aginst ur claim, i dnt expect u to agree with me here cos its not skewed towards ur belief system and ur interpretation of the scripture.

I would rather u continue with ur anti-church drive such as tithing, performing miracles, church building projects etc which u can do well. On dis topic u get rit wrong bro, just that u wont learn.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 12:07am On Apr 13, 2013
The truth about this issue is that whether we argue it or not, if Jesus delays his coming all of us will die at one time or the other and then know the one that is true or false. What a pity for those who will take frosbel,s satanic teaching as the truth only to die and discover they have believed a lie, by then it will be too late for them to amend the lies. What a lost soul that person will be forever. May God help us. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 13, 2013
^^

Instead of debating issues, you are getting all riled up.

I stand on all my positions , not the teachings of a cult.

Try and sleep well tonight. grin
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:30am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo: The truth about this issue is that whether we argue it or not, if Jesus delays his coming all of us will die at one time or the other and then know the one that is true or false. What a pity for those who will take frosbel,s satanic teaching as the truth only to die and discover they have believed a lie, by then it will be too late for them to amend the lies. What a lost soul that person will be forever. May God help us. Amen
why would you call his teaching satanic??..it is even your own stance that stems from d traditions of paganism...
my problem is all u guys should have done was ask what happened to Jesus at death .....find out and draw a parallel along with the rest of the scriptures....

alexleo can you do that?
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 5:34am On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: ^^

na wa o my bro...instead of debating they are geting angry
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 6:22am On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:
why would you call his teaching satanic??..it is even your own stance that stems from d traditions of paganism...
my problem is all u guys should have done was ask what happened to Jesus at death .....find out and draw a parallel along with the rest of the scriptures....

alexleo can you do that?

Carry your paganism nonsense and get out of my way. Loosers on lamentation. Who is debating with u? You are the one that said you ve found out we were taught the wrong thing yet you ve not been able to prove your so called truth. Nonsense. All I ve seen in you people is satanic emotions which you are using to misinterpret the bible and asking all sorts of senseless questions. The buden of proving your new found truth lies on you. For now you people are serial failures. Get out of my way you and your false teacher frosbel with your useless, senseless, baseless and satanic teaching.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 6:29am On Apr 13, 2013

Continue with your stand that is borne out of satanic emotionalizm. I couldn't be bothered.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 6:35am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

Carry your paganism nonsense and get out of my way. Loosers on lamentation. Who is debating with u? You are the one that said you ve found out we were taught the wrong thing yet you ve not been able to prove your so called truth. Nonsense. All I ve seen in you people is satanic emotions which you are using to misinterpret the bible and asking all sorts of senseless questions. The buden of proving your new found truth lies on you. For now you people are serial failures. Get out of my way you and your false teacher frosbel with your useless, senseless, baseless and satanic teaching.

yes we are senseless and even satanic....

can you at least let your beliefs rhyme with the rest of the scriptures or do you just want to be stubborn

all we have been doing is quote scriptures to support scriptures,i dont see how that is now tantamount to satanic interpretations......

you have hinged your whole doctrine on a parable and have failed to answer questions......

you dey fall our hand my bro.....
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

yes we are senseless and even satanic....

can you at least let your beliefs rhyme with the rest of the scriptures or do you just want to be stubborn

all we have been doing is quote scriptures to support scriptures,i dont see how that is now tantamount to satanic interpretations......

you have hinged your whole doctrine on a parable and have failed to answer questions......

you dey fall our hand my bro.....

See how people lie. What is one scripture? Overwhelming scriptures have been qUoted here to shame your falsehood but.you keep misinterpreting them. The one paul talked about spirit, soul and body you said he was talking about the church. How foolish. The one of the rich man and lazarus you said its the pharisee that Jesus was talking. When did Jesus tell you that? Many bible quotations here but satan will always lead you people to misinterpret it.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

See how people lie. What is one scripture? Overwhelming scriptures have been qUoted here to shame your falsehood but.you keep misinterpreting them. The one paul talked about spirit, soul and body you said he was talking about the church. How foolish. The one of the rich man and lazarus you said its the pharisee that Jesus was talking. When did Jesus tell you that? Many bible quotations here but satan will always lead you people to misinterpret it.

Hehehehe....my bro you err......

We've established from the scriptures that the spirit in man is Gods breath......right??......and that man is the living soul with Gods breath in him......

Try applying this basic facts to pauls statement and see how foolish your exegesis would be.......angry......

You guys have quoted no overwhelming scriptures...........

We've asked questions to find out the veracity of your explanations but you guys have been running round circles,calling our questions useless and satanic.........

Ok I said let's look at what happend to Jesus when he died,you said NO.the idea is satanic......

We have the record of what happened to Jesus at death....let us use that case to study to end this discussuon.......

Be matured enough to engage in well founded conversations than shout out like you're sitting on a hot stove...........

Pauls words in no way suggests man is tripartite....paul was not even on the topic of creation or what man is made up of..............

Ask your self these questions...

When Jesus died
1...Where did his spirit go??
2...Where did his body go??...
3...Where did his soul go??.....

Answer now or stop shouting......angry

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2013

Nobody will waste time debating will an intentionally false preacher, but will only point out his falsehood. The word of God is not open to scholarly debate where majority opinion stands. The scriptures says 'there is a way dat seems right to men (larger crowd) but the end is the way of death.

So Paul's teaching (on spirit, soul and body) has suddenly become a 'cult' cos u dnt accept his stand here, just as u never accept the scriptural stand of many preachers of today or u r just using the word 'cult' cos it appeals well to ur taught right now? I knw if Paul were to be alive today u will be the first to call him false preacher, im very sure of dat. Can u see that u r modern pharisee who never want to serve God and willl also prevent others frm serving him?

Guy i have taken time to go through most of the threads ur created (and most of ur post) and have come to conclude that u r a high level 'DECEIT'. I dnt hav time to start posting most of ur contradictions (confusions) but i will soon open a thread to do a proper scrutiny of all ur earlier post and threads that will be open for discusion, that will make u more popular as a false witness.

Its only the immature and the gullible that will fall for ur deceits. But thank God many pple are seeing wats behind the veil.

3 Likes

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2013
@true2god,
You are very correct. Frosbel and his cohorts are just being used by satan to deceive many. From the begining satan has always watered down God's punishment to deceive man. He did it in the garden of eden when Eve told the serpent that God said they ll die if they eat the evil fruit. The first reply of the serpent was - thou shall not surely die. In this last days we can see his agents here doing the same thing.watering down God's punishment by making desperate effort to convince us that there is no hell fire or eternal punishment. Bunch of deceivers. God is already putting them to shame.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2013
Jesus said 'I am d way, d truth & d life'. This means all truth r derived from him. So if frosbel thinks dt Jesus teachings will derive validity from solomon & job, then he should think again. D theology of those men should be put in perspective by d greater light which Jesus has shed.
Soon frosbel & ijawkid will say d above quoted verse is an allegory.
Evn if d rich man & lazarus is a parable, does it mean he lied to buttress his point? Definitely not.
To answer frosbel; dt passage didn't mention heaven. Apparently Abraham's bossom & hell r nt dt far. So instead of wishing it away, why nt revise ur theology with d words of Jesus

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 8:53am On Apr 13, 2013
The way you people lie shamelessly is worrisome. The questions we asked you which one have you answered? Which bible quotations have u quoted that we ve not answered u with scriptures? How about the ones we quoted and u misinterpreted? Get out.
ijawkid:

Hehehehe....my bro you err......

We've established from the scriptures that the spirit in man is Gods breath......right??......and that man is the living soul with Gods breath in him......

Try applying this basic facts to pauls statement and see how foolish your exegesis would be.......angry......

You guys have quoted no overwhelming scriptures...........

We've asked questions to find out the veracity of your explanations but you guys have been running round circles,calling our questions useless and satanic.........

Ok I said let's look at what happend to Jesus when he died,you said NO.the idea is satanic......

We have the record of what happened to Jesus at death....let us use that case to study to end this discussuon.......

Be matured enough to engage in well founded conversations than shout out like you're sitting on a hot stove...........

Pauls words in no way suggests man is tripartite....paul was not even on the topic of creation or what man is made up of..............

Ask your self these questions...

When Jesus died
1...Where did his spirit go??
2...Where did his body go??...
3...Where did his soul go??.....

Answer now or stop shouting......angry
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 13, 2013
Let me address u @ijawkid
God is a Spirit. The Holy Spirit is nt a force, rather he is/has a personality John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
We needed Jesus to let us knw him and his ministry because d previous prophet who talked abt him described him like water when he talked abt him being 'poured out'.fyi, Jesus words here are nt allegories o!
The angels r spirits and they have legs, eyes etc. How come when man's spirit is mentioned, frosbel & ijawkid refer to it as just a breath? because God breathed in man? Ask urself, could it be dt there was a transference & in dt breath was d capability for a spirit to inhabit d body already created by God? If Christ after death could go in spirit to preach to d spirits in prison, hw dare u hold this line of thought?
Abego, try to park well
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 13, 2013
Heb4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The word of God let's us knw dt there is a difference between soul & spirit. It is d word of God dt shows us d difference. Dis thing dt we r taking lightly is very deep and name calling cannot solve it
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Let me address u @ijawkid
God is a Spirit. The Holy Spirit is nt a force, rather he is/has a personality John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
We needed Jesus to let us knw him and his ministry because d previous prophet who talked abt him described him like water when he talked abt him being 'poured out'.fyi, Jesus words here are nt allegories o!
The angels r spirits and they have legs, eyes etc. How come when man's spirit is mentioned, frosbel & ijawkid refer to it as just a breath? because God breathed in man? Ask urself, could it be dt there was a transference & in dt breath was d capability for a spirit to inhabit d body already created by God? If Christ after death could go in spirit to preach to d spirits in prison, hw dare u hold this line of thought?
Abego, try to park well

Is man a spirit or flesh and blood/bone??.....when God created man did he a create a spirit creature a flesh and blood entity??.....

The angels were created as spirits,we were created as flesh..........have you thrown away d genesis aCcount??....

And who the hell told you Jesus went to preach to spirits during his death and not after his ressurection....

Are you insinuating that Jesus was alive while he was dead for 3days??.....mr bobby....eh??.........

Solomon,david,job etc all knew the spirit in all men is Gods breath,which ofcourse returns back to God......only persons who have decided to let there ears tickled would insist the spirit in man is a different entity(person) that survives death either to hell fire or heaven......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 10:27am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo: The way you people lie shamelessly is worrisome. The questions we asked you which one have you answered? Which bible quotations have u quoted that we ve not answered u with scriptures? How about the ones we quoted and u misinterpreted? Get out.

We have answered all.........you are the one in particular that is so stiff necked so as not to even agree with the fundamental truth that the story at luke 16:19 is a parable....you would be a stubborn pharisee not to accept that truth.........

I can't get out until we discuss to the end......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo: The way you people lie shamelessly is worrisome. The questions we asked you which one have you answered? Which bible quotations have u quoted that we ve not answered u with scriptures? How about the ones we quoted and u misinterpreted? Get out.
Ijawkid's case is understandable, he's a good JW, just dat wen the 'light becomes brighter' on this issue, he will agree wit u. But as long as the 'light is not yet bright' he wont believe wateva u said or the bible says. He must get confirmation frm 'the head office'-Brooklyn, NY, before he accept wat the bible teaches dats not in tune with the tradtional belief\teaching of JW.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2013
IPet 3:18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which he also went and preached to the spirits in prison,

C dt, Jesus was put to death in d flesh but alive in d spirit.
ICor 15:45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

R u then saying dt Jesus is just a breath? Or life force?
We were created as flesh (image) and spirit (likeness) of God.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2013
@bobbysworld, that's one of the pathetic things about them. Even when he has been shown in the new testament where Paul talked about the spirt, soul and body, Where Jesus talked about soul and other quotations,Frosbel and co still held on to their genesis quotation. Yet they ll turn around to accuse you of holding to one scripture. Next they ll tell you that they ve quoted many scriptures and you ve quoted none. Bunch of liars.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

We have answered all.........you are the one in particular that is so stiff necked so as not to even agree with the fundamental truth that the story at luke 16:19 is a parable....you would be a stubborn pharisee not to accept that truth.........

I can't get out until we discuss to the end......

Yes I agree Its a parable, but only in your little mind and little brain. Keep it to yourself. I don't need your useless and satanic explanations. Go give it to the marines.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Ijawkid's case is understandable, he's a good JW, just dat wen the 'light becomes brighter' on this issue, he will agree wit u. But as long as the 'light is not yet bright' he wont believe wateva u said or the bible says. He must get confirmation frm 'the head office'-Brooklyn, NY, before he accept wat the bible teaches dats not in tune with the tradtional belief\teaching of JW.

Lol.....

There true2God goes again with ad hominems.......I believe I haven't even mentioned nobodys church or denomination.......

You think your stance on this issue isn't from the traditions of the RCC??......I doubt you even know the origin of your belief........

The light is already bright from genesis.......these are nt issues concerning the last days where one has to be juxtaposing scriptural prophecies with events happening in the last days.......these are laid down truths that paganism has tried to twist for years.......

The teaching of hell fire and immortality of the soul goes against what the scriptures teaches..........you guys have unknowingly denied the promise of ressurection........I wonder if you people can boldly preach about ressurection of the dead with all the confused doctrines you have with you......

I've asked your freinds what happened to adam and the last adam when they died...all I've been hearing is nothing but nothing.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: IPet 3:18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which he also went and preached to the spirits in prison,

C dt, Jesus was put to death in d flesh but alive in d spirit.
ICor 15:45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

R u then saying dt Jesus is just a breath? Or life force?
We were created as flesh (image) and spirit (likeness) of God.

Didn't that peter tell you that he was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit??.......wasn't Jesus ressurected before accomplishing that mission??.......what do you think "made alive" means??.......Jesus was made alive 3days after his death......Jesus was ressurected 3days after his death...Jesus was completely inactive for 3good days..that is why God ressurected him......God would not waste his time ressurecting someone who is already alive........you guys have become unthinkable because of your spurious beliefs on this issue.........

Jesus would be wasting his precious time in the future ressurecting your arrses If your so called spirits would be roving the heavens......angry........

Your definition of image and likeness is so contorted........I hope you do remember that Jesus and all the angels are also in the image and likeness of God??....are they also flesh??.......angry
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

Yes I agree Its a parable, but only in your little mind and little brain. Keep it to yourself. I don't need your useless and satanic explanations. Go give it to the marines.

Which marines??the U.S marines......grin.....

You stubbornly still don't want to agree its a parable abi??.......agree naaaa.......at least you won't say its demonic....I used scriptures to prove it.....cheesy
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2013
@ijawkid
Jesus talked abt resurrection. He also talked abt heaven & hell. Stop trying to pass on half-baked principles. If u can't take Jesus' word for it, dts ur cup of tea. A good student will drop his pre-conceived notions & marry d issues raised by d master in order to be enlightened by them.
Fyi, d spirit of man lives on after d body dies.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Which marines??the U.S marines......grin.....

You stubbornly still don't want to agree its a parable abi??.......agree naaaa.......at least you won't say its demonic....I used scriptures to prove it.....cheesy

You used scripture to do what? I don't agree to satanic manipulations of the scripture which you and frosbel are experts in doing.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid
Jesus talked abt resurrection. He also talked abt heaven & hell. Stop trying to pass on half-baked principles. If u can't take Jesus' word for it, dts ur cup of tea. A good student will drop his pre-conceived notions & marry d issues raised by d master in order to be enlightened by them.

And what did Jesus say ressurection is??....did Jesus say he would be ressurecting people who are already alive??...wouldn't Jesus be wasting his time??...........

angry
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid

God will continue to shame them.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

You used scripture to do what? I don't agree to satanic manipulations of the scripture which you and frosbel are experts in doing.

I guess you are one of those who won't experience ressurection...since when you die you run straight to heaven.......even Jesus didn't evade death and inactiveness......

Learn from the scriptures and stop this shout shout you're on.....
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:33am On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

God will continue to shame them.

I have asked this same bobby and you to define what the spirit in man is with the scriptures...till now you guys have been stuttering..........

The scriptures say the spirit in man(both good and bad) all return to God after man dies....genesis to revelation has consistently told us that that spirit is the breath of life........

Ona say na lie....say the spirit na a different person wey dey survive death.......

Then we ask......since all spirits return to God when a man dies,does it mean everybody(good and bad) will all go to heaven.....??

You people should be diligent with your bible studies...........

Even bin laden is in heaven as we speak because his spirit returned to God after he died.....

Bobby oooo....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are The Three (3) Children Of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor his Biological Children? / Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.