Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

The Rich Man And Lazarus - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rich Man And Lazarus (7800 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:
Please go back to the previous pages .....I had explained it....go back.....angry......
I knw u wont respond just as i predicted. Even if the names of the 5 brethren were mentioned u will still ask me about their genotype and blood broup, na JW regular pattern---confusing the gullible frm 'reasoning frm the scriptures' and not the bible.

If u cant accept Jesus' own teachin about the Holy spirit (as erroneosly taught as active force, electricty or rader according to deceptive\cunny watchtower) or his teachings concerning the after-life scenarios, den who am i to teach u.

Continue in ur errors.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
now we can begin to sit back and observe the spirit behind this wicked, antichrist, sadistic doctrine, just look at how the adherents of this HELL cult are throwing around abuse like there is now tomorrow, and yet the hypocrites will call themselves Christian , go to church on Sunday , pay their tithes and carry on with their hypocrisy.

Mat 23:13-24 (NIV) "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Woe to you, blind guides!.. You blind fools!.. You blind men!.. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Who has satan blinded if not you guys who deny that Jesus died.........who has satan blinded if not you guys who argue against the ressurection doctrine........who has satan blinded if not you guys who say Jesus went to burn in hell(kudos to bobby on that),who has satan blinded if not you guys who believe that we are spirits and no longer humans....

I never never knew I was arguing with muslims....smh!!!!.......

muslims are far better than you that is a disgrace to christianity with your satanic and idiotic teaching. Worst of all is your useless pride of bible knowledge which is not worth more than a dead rat. I PITY YOU AND THE HOPELESS PATH YOU ARE TOWING. MONUMENTS OF DECEIT. GOD HAS SHAMED YOU PEOPLE HERE.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

U better be disappointed In yourself.........

You and your anti-ressurection crew.......cheesy.....

I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED IN YOU BECAUSE YOUR BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN A DEAD RAT TO ME SO GET OUT. IF AT ALL AM DISAPPOINTED IT IS IN YOUR SATAN INSPIRED MASTER, FROSBEL, WHOM I TAUGHT WAS REALLY OUT FOR COMPLETE BIBLICAL TRUTH. LITTLE DID I KNOW HE WAS AN AGENT OF THE LAST DAYS FALSE TEACHING. PREPARED BY SATAN HIMSELF TO DECIEVE MANY BUT HAS TOTALLY BEEN BROUGHT TO A WHOLE LOT OF SHAME FOR ALL TO SEE. THANK GOD.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell" - Matthew 5:22

AN AGENT OF DECEIT LIKE YOU IS OF COURSE NOT A BROTHER SO CLEAR FROM THE ROAD.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: now we can begin to sit back and observe the spirit behind this wicked, antichrist, sadistic doctrine, just look at how the adherents of this HELL cult are throwing around abuse like there is now tomorrow, and yet the hypocrites will call themselves Christian , go to church on Sunday , pay their tithes and carry on with their hypocrisy.

WE ARE SIMPLY DESCRIBING YOU THE WAY YOU ARE IN YOUR USELESS ALL-KNOWING MAJESTY. WE CANT TOLERATE YOUR USELESS AND IDIOTIC TEACHING AND WE CANT JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH YOU DECEIVE SOULS INTO HELL FOR ETERNITY. A PLACE WHERE YOU, FROSBEL, CANNOT EVEN COME AND DELIVER THOSE YOU HAVE DECEIVED INTO IT AT THE END OF THE DAY. THE EARLIER WE GIVE THEM THE BITTER TRUTH THE BETTER FOR THEIR SOULS. IF YOU WANT TO TOY WITH YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY WITH YOUR IDIOTIC FEEL GOOD MESSAGE THATS YOUR BUSINESS. YOUR SATANIC MINISTRY OF DECEIT HAS CRUMBLED TOTALLY AS FAR AS THIS ISSUE IS CONCERNED. KEEP LAMENTING.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
enilove: From the original languages, the bible uses the Hebrew word sheol and its Greek equivalent hades about 70 times. Some Bible translations translates them as "grave,"hell", or "pit".

When the Bible refers to specific burial place or a grave,it uses other Hebrew and Greek words ,& not sheol or hades. Like as written in Matt 28:1 " In the end of the sabbath,as .........Marry Magdalene and the other Marry to see the sepulchre".

The bible does not use the word sheol for a grave where several individual are buried together as in Genesis 49:30-31

The Bible tells us that sheol or hades are different from grave.
Isiah 5:14 says "There 4 hell hath enlarged herself,& opened her mouth without measure:& their glory......shall descend into it." This indicates that it is diff from a literal burial places which can hold only limited number of dead persons.

Let me ask prosbel,ijawkid and others who believe that hell does not exit,can grave enlarge herself as stated in Isiah 5:14 above? Note that ,only one person can be buried in a grave.

No matter the Bible translations you give to Proverb 15:24 that says "The way of life is above to the wise,that he may depart from hell beneath", that can change the fact that everyone would be buried in the grave. This shows, it is pointless saying ," that he may depart from the grave beneath".
Why did the Bible say that the grave is beneath, when we know that when people are dead they will be buried in the ground?
But the bible tells us that hell is in inside the ground,because many may not know.

Hell is diff from grave. The bones and the flesh are in the grave but the soul is either in hell or in heaven.

Enilove you err big time bro......even nations like babylon,medo persia,tyre and sidon were all said to go down into sheol....

Sheol when applied to a group of persons and when reffered to nations or abstract entities denotes total destruction .......

You still have more bible study to do bro....leave this stubborn alexleo ,true2God and bobby and do your research....I'm happy that at least you've made an effort to do a lil.....you need more..........

So mr enilove......which HELL did Jesus go to??....because it is established that Jesus went to HELL(meant for the wicked alone according to your doctrine) for 3days..........I can't believe you are still arguing proverbs 15:24 even when other renderings of the bible have made it clearer....smh!!!!!!!!!......

The word HELL was not found in the original hebrew and greek text......your immortality of the sould teacher perversed those root words to fit there paganistic doctrine....its up to you to keep digesting that HELL myth...
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

muslims are far better than you that is a disgrace to christianity with your satanic and idiotic teaching. Worst of all is your useless pride of bible knowledge which not worth more than a dead rat. I PITY YOU AND THE HOPELESS PATH YOU ARE TOWING. MOMUMENTS OF DECEITS. GOD HAS SHAMED YOU PEOPLE HERE.

Muslims believe that Jesus didn't die.....and so do you.....cheesy...how do you like that??.........

2 Likes

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED IN YOU BECAUSE YOUR BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN A DEAD RAT TO ME SO GET OUT. IF AT ALL AM DISAPPOINTED IT IS IN YOUR SATAN INSPIRED MASTER, FROSBEL, WHOM I TAUGHT WAS REALLY OUT FOR COMPLETE BIBLICAL TRUTH. LITTLE DID I KNOW HE WAS AN AGENT OF THE LAST DAYS FALSE TEACHING. PREPARED BY SATAN HIMSELF TO DECIEVE MANY BUT HAS TOTALLY BEEN BROUGHT TO A WHOLE LOT OF SHAME FOR ALL TO SEE. THANK GOD.
frsobel is not my master...we are just bible students who have forfeited pagan dogma's to cling to pure truths.....

Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you believe Jesus did not die completely for 3days??.........

cheesy
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

WE ARE SIMPLY DESCRIBING YOU THE WAY YOU ARE IN YOUR USELESS ALL-KNOWING MAJESTY. WE CANT TOLERATE YOUR USELESS AND IDIOTIC TEACHING AND WE CANT JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH YOU DECEIVE SOULS INTO HELL FOR ETERNITY. A PLACE WHERE YOU, FROSBEL, CANNOT EVEN COME AND DELIVER THOSE YOU HAVE DECEIVED INTO AT THE END OF THE DAY. THE EARLIER WE GIVE THEM THE BITTER TRUTH THE BETTER FOR THEIR SOULS. YOUR SATRANIC MINISTRY OF DECEIT HAS CRUMBLED TOTALLY AS FAR AS THIS ISSUE IS CONCERNED. KEEP LAMENTING.

Look Mr. Ignorant angry market woman, grin , I will keep posting here on these topics to help my fellow brothers and sisters flee from blind holier than thou hypocrites like you. There is nothing you can do about it.

Let us revist one of your threads on how perfect your church is , lol. grin grin
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Muslims believe that Jesus didn't die.....and so do you.....cheesy...how do you like that??.........

CONTINUE TRADING IN YOUR LIES. ITS ALREADY YOUR STOCK IN TRADE BIG TIME. FOR SOMEONE WHO COULD TWIST THE BIBLE OUT OF ITS TRUE MEANING JUST TO SATISFY HIS SATANIC EMOTIONS WHAT ELSE CAN HE NOT LIE ABOUT. PITY.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: I knw u wont respond just as i predicted. Even if the names of the 5 brethren were mentioned u will still ask me about their genotype and blood broup, na JW regular pattern---confusing the gullible frm 'reasoning frm the scriptures' and not the bible.

If u cant accept Jesus' own teachin about the Holy spirit (as erroneosly taught as active force, electricty or rader according to deceptive\cunny watchtower) or his teachings concerning the after-life scenarios, den who am i to teach u.

Continue in ur errors.

And you do know why there names weren't mentioned na...because it was a parable which ofcourse you and your cohorts won't accede to........and if only you had answered what those 2 men did that made them go to heaven or burn in HELL our discussion wouldn't have come this far......

I accept Jesus' teaching that he died completely for 3days which warranted his ressurection there after........cheesy........

If I ask you wetin be holy spirit name you go begin mad for here...........

Keep wedging the RCC doctrine of the trinity.........when you are completely tired of been deluded you might start having a re-think.......

This night I am going to pray to God not to ressurect some people since when they die(that's if they agree that death is death) there spirit(which is another person) goes to stay with God.............

cheesygrin
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: now we can begin to sit back and observe the spirit behind this wicked, antichrist, sadistic doctrine, just look at how the adherents of this HELL cult are throwing around abuse like there is now tomorrow, and yet the hypocrites will call themselves Christian , go to church on Sunday , pay their tithes and carry on with their hypocrisy.

Mat 23:13-24 (NIV) "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Woe to you, blind guides!.. You blind fools!.. You blind men!.. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."
Ur response is diversionary. U r accusing pple of using abusive language, which is vry wrong, but u have to trash out ur peddling of falsehood on the internet.

Besides, u r quoting Jesus retort to the hypocricy of the pharisee but u dnt accept his teachings completely or u intentionally misterprete it. Is that not deceit?

I say again, if Paul should rise again and preach the gospel like he did in those days, u will be his greatest antagonist. If u cant believ in the clear teachings of Jesus and u r quoting him at ur convenince, than u area a LIAR.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

CONTINUE TRADING IN YOUR LIES. ITS ALREADY YOUR STOCK IN TRADE BIG TIME. FOR SOMEONE WHO COULD TWIST THE BIBLE OUT OF ITS TRUE MEANING JUST TO SATISFY HIS SATANIC EMOTIONS WHAT ELSE CAN HE NOT LIE ABOUT. PITY.

Lol.........did Jesus die for 3days or not??....

Dodger per excellent.....cheesy
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

Look Mr. Ignorant angry market woman, grin , I will keep posting here on these topics to help my fellow brothers and sisters flee from blind holier than thou hypocrites like you. There is nothing you can do about it.

Let us revist one of your threads on how perfect your church is , lol. grin grin

YEAH YOU ARE FREE TO USE MY CHURCH WHICH HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR LIFE SAVING JACKET, DROWNING MAN. AT LEAST IF THAT WILL KEEP YOU A LITTLE BREATHING. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU IN YOUR SATANIC MISSION. BIBLE NEVER TOLD US THAT YOUR MASTER(SATAN'S) BUSINESS WILL STOP IN THIS PRESENT WORLD. CONTINUE WITH YOUR HOPELESS AND IDIOTIC MINISTRY IF YOU CARE. I COULDNT BE BOTHERED BUT GOD HAS SHAMED YOU PEOPLE BIG TIME.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol.........did Jesus die for 3days or not??....

Dodger per excellent.....cheesy

I DON'T DISCUSS WITH AGENTS OF DECEIT WHO ARE ON A SOLE MISSION FOR SATAN TO DECEIVE SOULS INTO HELL AND EVERLASTING TORMENT.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Ur response is diversionary. U r accusing pple of using abusive language, which is vry wrong, but u have to trash out ur peddling of falsehood on the internet.

Besides, u r quoting Jesus retort to the hypocricy of the pharisee but u dnt accept his teachings completely or u intentionally misterprete it. Is that not deceit?

I say again, if Paul should rise again and preach the gospel like he did in those days, u will be his greatest antagonist. If u can believ in the clear teachings of Jesus and u r quoting him at ur convenince, than u area a LIAR.

A simple question then ,

If the dead in Christ are already with Christ, what is the purpose of the resurrection ? Paul says that both the dead in Christ and those who are alive will meet with Jesus and be forever with him at this second coming , not before.

If death is the hope of us Christians, what makes us different from the death cults who kill their members en masse so as to be with their creator in Paradise ?

Is death our hope , or is the resurrection our hope ?
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

I DON'T DISCUSS WITH AGENTS OF DECEIT WHO ARE ON A SOLE MISSION FOR SATAN TO DECEIVE SOULS INTO HELL AND EVERLASTING TORMENT.

How can I be working for satan when I believe that Jesus died completely for 3days and didn't sneak out of his grave to go preach to some spirits.............

I wonder why Jesus from that grave did not go to heaven........

Ehe I get question o.........

I have been hearing y'all say bad people burn in hell,good people go to heaven immediately after death.......why didn't Jesus' soul go to heaven....

In case y'all want to argue fruitlessly ruminate on this verse....

John 20:17.....
for I have not yet ascended to the
Father. Go instead to my brothers
and tell them, 'I am ascending to
my Father and your Father, to my
God and your God.'"

If Jesus(soul according to my immortality of the soul freinds) didn't go to heaven immediately after his death(until after ressurection) who the hell are we to run off to the heavens when we die...??

This question is for enilove and bobby .....infact for y'all.....cheesy:8

2 Likes

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Ur response is diversionary. U r accusing pple of using abusive language, which is vry wrong, but u have to trash out ur peddling of falsehood on the internet.

I say again, if Paul should rise again and preach the gospel like he did in those days, u will be his greatest antagonist. If u cant believ in the clear teachings of Jesus and u r quoting him at ur convenince, than u area a LIAR.

THANK GOD FOR EXPOSING THIS UNREPENTANT LIARS.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
HONESTLY I THOUGHT FROSBEL WAS ON A VERY TRUE MISSION FOR THE TRUTH AND I WAS FOLLOWING HIS THREAD WITH SUCH ENTHUSIASM AND EVEN SHARED MOST OF HIS POSTS WITH MY WIFE FOR US TO LEARN ONE OR TWO THINGS UNTIL I STARTED SEEING THE WAY HE TWISTED THE BIBLE. THE MORE I THOUGHT HE WASNT REALLY TWISTING THE BIBLE THE MORE HE TWISTED IT. WHAT A SHAME. TELL ME THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE NO MATTER HOW BITTER IT IS. I DONT NEED ALL THOSE FEEL GOOD MESSAGES THAT RUNS CONTRARY TO THE SCRIPTURES. IF I FEEL GOOD FOR YOUR FALSE MESSAGES AND MISS HEAVEN AT LAST BECAUSE OF IT WHAT I HAVE I GAINED? NOTHING. A GOOD BUSINESS MAN WORKS TO PROFIT AT THE END OF THE DAY. AM IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING HEAVEN SO I DONT NEED CHEAP MESSAGES THAT WONT BE OF GOOD ASSISTANCE TO ME IN MAKING HEAVEN. GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ARE STANDING UP FOR THE TRUTH. AND DELIVER THE FALSE TEACHERS FROM THEIR IDIOTIC MISSION.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo: HONESTLY I THOUGHT FROSBEL WAS ON A VERY TRUE MISSION FOR THE TRUTH AND I WAS FOLLOWING HIS THREAD WITH SUCH ENTHUSIASM AND EVEN SHARED MOST OF HIS POSTS WITH MY WIFE FOR US TO LEARN ONE OR TWO THINGS UNTIL I STARTED SEEING THE WAY HE TWISTED THE BIBLE. THE MORE I THOUGHT HE WASNT REALLY TWISTING THE BIBLE THE MORE HE TWISTED IT. WHAT A SHAME. TELL ME THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE NO MATTER HOW BITTER IT IS. I DONT NEED ALL THOSE FEEL GOOD MESSAGES THAT RUNS CONTRARY TO THE SCRIPTURES. IF I FEEL GOOD FOR YOUR FALSE MESSAGES AND MISS HEAVEN AT LAST BECAUSE OF IT WHAT I HAVE I GAINED? NOTHING. A GOOD BUSINESS MAN WORKS TO PROFIT AT THE END OF THE DAY. AM IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING HEAVEN SO I DONT NEED CHEAP MESSAGES THAT WONT BE OF GOOD ASSISTANCE TO ME IN MAKING HEAVEN. GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ARE STANDING UP FOR THE TRUTH. AND DELIVER THE FALSE TEACHERS FROM THEIR IDIOTIC MISSION.

A simple question then ,

If the dead in Christ are already with Christ, what is the purpose of the resurrection ? Paul says that both the dead in Christ and those who are alive will meet with Jesus and be forever with him at this second coming , not before.

If death is the hope of us Christians, what makes us different from the death cults who kill their members en masse so as to be with their creator in Paradise ?

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by deSika(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
oboye see christians, each party saying they have the truth yet holding opposing views. what beats me is that they are interpreting from the same bible.

anyways clearly one party must be in the wrong.
one party must be adding meaning to already laid out stuff in the bible.

1 john 4:1 Beloved , beleive not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because may false prophets are gone out into the world

#maturity is when differnt individuals discuss debate or argue without name calling and insults.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bro.Alexeo , I dey wait ooo

Tell me :

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by enilove(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Enilove you err big time bro......even nations like babylon,medo persia,tyre and sidon were all said to go down into sheol....

Sheol when applied to a group of persons and when reffered to nations or abstract entities denotes total destruction .......

You still have more bible study to do bro....leave this stubborn alexleo ,true2God and bobby and do your research....I'm happy that at least you've made an effort to do a lil.....you need more..........

So mr enilove......which HELL did Jesus go to??....because it is established that Jesus went to HELL(meant for the wicked alone according to your doctrine) for 3days..........I can't believe you are still arguing proverbs 15:24 even when other renderings of the bible have made it clearer....smh!!!!!!!!!......

The word HELL was not found in the original hebrew and greek text......your immortality of the sould teacher perversed those root words to fit there paganistic doctrine....its up to you to keep digesting that HELL myth...

You did not answer my question.What is the meaning of Isiah 5:14.
Can grave be enlarged?
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
No one can answer this question :

smiley

The bible wins anytime, any day.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: No one is discussing with a DECEIT. You must accept ALL what Jesus\bible teaches, else u will remain a knwn deceit on Nairaland.

Stop ur joxtaposing\misinterpretation Bible ministry den pple will take u serios. U r gradually losing ur relevance as more pple are becoming aware of ur antic. I hope more pple will be aware of ur anti-christian ministry on Nairaland.
correct
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Who has satan blinded if not you guys who deny that Jesus died.........who has satan blinded if not you guys who argue against the ressurection doctrine........who has satan blinded if not you guys who say Jesus went to burn in hell(kudos to bobby on that),who has satan blinded if not you guys who believe that we are spirits and no longer humans....

I never never knew I was arguing with muslims....smh!!!!.......
Irony
https://www.nairaland.com/1252257/facts-should-know-jehovahs-witnesses#15162836
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2013

The danger of your message(Frosbel) is that you give a false hope to people who then turn from the Word of Life and take the path that leads to destruction.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:
frsobel is not my master...we are just bible students who have forfeited pagan dogma's to cling to pure truths.....

Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you believe Jesus did not die completely for 3days??.........

cheesy
Pure truths like the one below
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by deSika(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Fr0sbel:

The Meaning of this Parable to the Jews living in the first century

The Jewish nation, (especially the Scribes and Pharisees) were about to die as a power, as a church, as a controlling influence in the world; while the common people among them, and the Gentiles, were to be exalted in the new order of things. The details of the parable shows: "There was a certain rich man clothed in purple and fine linen." In these first words, by describing their very costume, the Savior fixed attention on the Jewish priesthood. They were, emphatically, the rich men of that nation. His description of the beggar was equally graphic. He lay at the gate of the rich, only asking to be fed with the crumbs that fell from the table. Thus dependent were the common people, and the Gentiles, on the scribes and Pharisees.

We remember how Christ once rebuked them for shutting up the kingdom of heaven against those entering. They lay at the gates of the Jewish hierarchy, for the Gentiles were literally restricted to the outer court of the temple. Hence in Revelation 11:2, we read; "But the court, which is without the temple, leave out, and measure it not, for it is given unto the Gentiles." They could only stand at the outer court, or lie at the gate. The brief, graphic descriptions given by our Savior, at once showed his hearers that he was describing those two classes, the Jewish priesthood and nation, on the one hand, and the common people, Jews and Gentiles, on the other.

The rich man died and was buried. This class died officially, nationally, and its power departed. The kingdom of God was taken from them & conferred on others (Matthew 21:43). The beggar died. The Gentiles, publicans and sinners were translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son, where is neither Jew nor Greek, but where all are one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28 ).

This is the meaning of "Abraham's bosom." They accepted the true faith and so became one with faithful Abraham. Abraham is called the father of the faithful, and the beggar is represented to have gone to Abraham's bosom, to denote the fact, which is now history, that the common people and Gentiles accepted Christ, enjoying the blessings of the faith.

What is meant by the torment of the rich man? The misery of those proud men, when, soon after, their land was captured, and their city and temple possessed by barbarians, and they scattered like chaff before the wind--a condition in which they have continued from that day (70 A.D.) to this. All efforts to bless them with the teachings of Christ have proved unavailing. At this very moment there is a great gulf fixed so that there is no passing to and fro. And observe, the Jews do not desire the gospel. Nor did the rich man ask to enter Abraham's bosom with Lazarus. He only wished Lazarus to alleviate his sufferings by dipping his finger in water and cooling his tongue. It is so with the Jews today. They do not desire the gospel; they only ask those among whom they sojourn to tolerate them and soften the hardships that accompany their wanderings.

The Jewish church and nation are now dead. Once they were exalted to heaven, but now they are thrust down to Hades, the kingdom of death. Jesus knew the Pharisees believed this and used it in a parable. Of the Pharisees, Josephus says: "They also believe that souls have an immortal vigor in them, and that, under the earth, there will be rewards and punishments, according as they lived virtuously or viciously in this life; and the latter are to be detained in an everlasting prison, but that the former shall have power to revive and live again." (Antiquities, B. 18,Ch. 1, ß3. Whiston's Tr.).

The Lessons for us that Jesus was seeking to teach in this Parable

In this life is the time when decisions for salvation are irrevocably made. There will be no future opportunity to change.

A contrast is being drawn between those who, in this life, make wealth their dependence and the poor who have depended upon Christ. A man's value is not in his possessions; for all that he has belongs to him only as lent by the Lord. A misuse of these gifts will place him below the poorest and most afflicted man who loves God and trusts in Him.

The law and the prophets are God's appointed agencies for the salvation of men. Christ was telling His hearers to give heed to these evidences. If they do not listen to the voice of God in His Word, the testimony of a witness raised from the dead would not be heeded. This literally happened in the resurrection of Lazarus, just shortly before Christ's death. (See John 11.) Those who had rejected previous evidence as to His messiahship were so hardened, however, by their rejection of the evidence already available to them, that this crowning miracle of Jesus' ministry did not change their course toward Him.

Conclusion

Clearly, this story is a parable, and doctrines cannot to be built upon parables or allegories. A parable, like other illustrations, is generally used to make clear one particular point. To try to build doctrines on every part of the story would generally result in a completely unreasonable conclusion, if not utter contradiction. Certainly, we would not expect to find in the illustration a proof for a belief the very opposite of that held by the speaker or writer of the scriptures.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/lazarus.html
question for frosbel
the story talks about the rich man asking Abraham to send lazarus to tell his brothers not to come over to where he is.what does this represent
what concerns lazarus(mary's brother) being raised up and this story
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

And you do know why there names weren't mentioned na...because it was a parable which ofcourse you and your cohorts won't accede to........and if only you had answered what those 2 men did that made them go to heaven or burn in HELL our discussion wouldn't have come this far......

I accept Jesus' teaching that he died completely for 3days which warranted his ressurection there after........cheesy........

If I ask you wetin be holy spirit name you go begin mad for here...........

Keep wedging the RCC doctrine of the trinity.........when you are completely tired of been deluded you might start having a re-think.......

This night I am going to pray to God not to ressurect some people since when they die(that's if they agree that death is death) there spirit(which is another person) goes to stay with God.............

cheesygrin
How did he ressurect
Did he ressurect wholy in the body which he died

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
enilove:

You did not answer my question.What is the meaning of Isiah 5:14.
Can grave be enlarged?

Enilove is this not the isaiah 5:14??

##New International Version
(©2011)
Therefore Death expands its
jaws, opening wide its mouth; into
it will descend their nobles and
masses with all their brawlers and
revelers.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
The grave is licking its lips in
anticipation, opening its mouth
wide. The great and the lowly and
all the drunken mob will be
swallowed up.

Am I or are you missing something??............

There goes the rendering of the word sheol.......

Just exactly as I saiÐ on my last reply to you...........

Go do more research on those hebrew and greek words bro.......cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.