Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

The Rich Man And Lazarus - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rich Man And Lazarus (7798 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol.........did Jesus die for 3days or not??....

Dodger per excellent.....cheesy

Did he ressurect wholy in the body which he died in
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:

The danger of your message(Frosbel) is that you give a false hope to people who then turn from the Word of Life and take the path that leads to destruction.

I asked a question which has you all stumped.

My hope for life is in the resurrection not in death.

Jesus Christ came to defeat our enemy which is death and redeem us by his blood to an eternal hope through the resurrection.

Paul made it quite plain that if Jesus did not resurrect from the dead then the dead in Christ have perished and have no hope, resurrection is our only hope.

Stop hoping in death to meet Jesus, hope in the resurrection into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Stop, think and listen.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: No one can answer this question :

If the dead in Christ are already with Christ, what is the purpose of the resurrection ? Paul says that both the dead in Christ and those who are alive will meet with Jesus and be forever with him at this second coming , not before.

If death is the hope of us Christians, what makes us different from the death cults who kill their members en masse so as to be with their creator in Paradise ?

Is death our hope , or is the resurrection our hope ?

smiley

The bible wins anytime, any day.

I am still waiting for true2god to answer this simple question.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
@enilove try comparing these scriptures........

##New Living Translation (©2007)
Wealth is treacherous, and the
arrogant are never at rest. They
open their mouths as wide as the
grave, and like death, they are
never satisfied
. In their greed
they have gathered up many
nations and swallowed many
peoples.
arrogant man who is never at rest.
His greed is as wide as Sheol; like
death he has never enough
. He
gathers for himself all nations and
collects as his own all peoples.”

Sheol continues to expand and is never satisfied as people continue to die..........symbolically speaking sheol has À largÉ mouth to take in many at a time......

This means that death would not stop working until Jesus whom Yahweh has approved brings the last enemy death to nothing............

Death would be destroyed forever........

Isn't that goodnews my bro...??.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:

The danger of your message(Frosbel) is that you give a false hope to people who then turn from the Word of Life and take the path that leads to destruction.

Ahhh!!!!!!....I never knew you believed in destruction....I thought it would be literal torment forever not destruction......cheesy.......
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus Christ came to defeat our enemy which is death and redeem us by his blood to an eternal hope through the resurrection.

Paul made it quite plain that if Jesus did not resurrect from the dead then the dead in Christ have perished and have no hope, resurrection is our only hope.

Stop hoping in death to meet Jesus, hope in the resurrection into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Stop, think and listen.

thread title -The Rich Man And Lazarus
Hell exist
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by honeric01(m): 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
hmmmm may God have mercy.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

Stop, think and listen.
Ogini
Hell exist
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: Bro.Alexeo , I dey wait ooo

Tell me :

If the dead in Christ are already with Christ, what is the purpose of the resurrection ? Paul says that both the dead in Christ and those who are alive will meet with Jesus and be forever with him at this second coming , not before.

If death is the hope of us Christians, what makes us different from the death cults who kill their members en masse so as to be with their creator in Paradise ?

So happy u 'believe' in 'rapture' or the home call for the dead in christ. Dats interesting. Hold while i giv u my response.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:
Ogini
Hell exist

If hell exists for the wicked after death then heaven also exists for the believers after death, and therefore the believers hope to be with the Lord is death and not the resurrection.

In other words we hope for life in death, the same scary belief people like the cult leader Jim Jones held on to, and which culminated in the deaths of hundreds of innocent adults and children.

I put it to you that the righteous will be resurrected to life to be with the Lord forever while the wicked will be resurrected to judgement and destruction.

For a true teacher of God like you, this should not be a difficult question, help your brother true2god , this is beginning to get embarrassing.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

And you do know why there names weren't mentioned na...because it was a parable which ofcourse you and your cohorts won't accede to........and if only you had answered what those 2 men did that made them go to heaven or burn in HELL our discussion wouldn't have come this far......

I accept Jesus' teaching that he died completely for 3days which warranted his ressurection there after........cheesy........

If I ask you wetin be holy spirit name you go begin mad for here...........

Keep wedging the RCC doctrine of the trinity.........when you are completely tired of been deluded you might start having a re-think.......

This night I am going to pray to God not to ressurect some people since when they die(that's if they agree that death is death) there spirit(which is another person) goes to stay with God.............

cheesygrin
Ijawkid I'm interested in his Ressurection.
Pls did he ressurect wholy in the body which he died
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by ijawkid(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:
Ijawkid I'm interested in his Ressurection.
Pls did he ressurect wholy in the body which he died

Have you answered frosbels questions??........engage in discussions rather than been a confused person....now you are even a female.....formerly you were a male...who am I even discussing with??.....

Go to the other thread I dropped the reply you wanted........
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

If hell exists for the wicked after death then heaven also exists for the believers after death, and therefore the believers hope to be with the Lord is death and not the resurrection.

In other words we hope for life in death, the same scary belief people like the cult leader Jim Jones held on to, and which culminated in the deaths of hundreds of innocent adults and children.

I put it to you that the righteous will be resurrected to life to be with the Lord forever while the wicked will be resurrected to judgement and destruction.

For a true teacher of God like you, this should not be a difficult question, help your brother true2god , this is beginning to get embarrassing.
Sorry for the delay, had for preparefor tomorro. Thank u Frosbel for ur question. But b4 i ansa u i need to get something frm u. Do u believe that man is made up of the spirit, the soul and the body? Ur ansa to this questiion will determine my response.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: Sorry for the delay, had for preparefor tomorro. Thank u Frosbel for ur question. But b4 i ansa u i need to get something frm u. Do u believe that man is made up of the spirit, the soul and the body? Ur ansa to this questiion will determine my response.

I believe in the Genesis 2:7 account of man's creation.

Can you kindly answer the straightforward question I asked you.

Thanks.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
Been away from this forum for some time. So, people still believe this eternal torment rubbish? That a God of love would torment people in fire, not for 10, 100 or 1000 years but ETERNALLY. And God will appoint Satan ( his enemy and opposer) as his Chief tormentor - Satan now doing God's work, abi?
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
ijawkid:

Have you answered frosbels questions??........engage in discussions rather than been a confused person....now you are even a female.....formerly you were a male...who am I even discussing with??.....

Go to the other thread I dropped the reply you wanted........
why the other thread
Wetin you dey hide
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:
Pure truths like the one below
https://www.nairaland.com/1252257/facts-should-know-jehovahs-witnesses#15162836

ok so he(ijawkid) is truly Jehova witness? Am thru with arguing with him here. Arguing with him is not what he needs as far as am concerned. Hmmm....and frosbel married him as if both of them are viewing the scriptures from the same platform? You see what i dislike? Not being able to seperate yourself from people who are not on the same platform with you and riding along with them just because they are saying things that suits your message. Now here is my stand, when am arguing scriptures with someone i feel am on the same platform with scriptural, if an atheists comes and makes statement that will support my stand i wouldnt like to bring in what he has said in our discussion/argument as part of scoring a point. NO. For me, the first thing he needs is to be saved and be on the same platform with us before i support him or even support his quote. But here we have people who are ready to agree with anything from anybody provided it drives their message. Thats a desperate act which raises suspicion about the message you are delivering. we really need to be careful here. May God help us.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
TroGunn: Been away from this forum for some time. So, people still believe this eternal torment rubbish? That a God of love would torment people in fire, not for 10, 100 or 1000 years but ETERNALLY. And God will appoint Satan ( his enemy and opposer) as his Chief tormentor - Satan now doing God's work, abi?

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY REASONABLE THING TO SAY THEN CLEAR FOR ROAD. WE DIDNT NOTICE YOUR ABSENCE.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]

ok so he(ijawkid) is truly Jehova witness?

While I do not agree with the JW on a few doctrines some of them significant, we stand together on some core Christian doctrines that your holier than thou perfect church cannot seem to decipher.

You cannot call them a cult, because the Apostolic faith church is a cult.

Come off your high horse and debate like an educated intelligent Christian, stop these childish tantrums, if you cannot take the heat why bother ?

smiley
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
@Ijawkid a 'Yes or No' answer will suffice.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by true2god: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

I believe in the Genesis 2:7 account of man's creation.

Can you kindly answer the straightforward question I asked you.

Thanks.
U believe in the creation account of Genesis (God breath upon the mortal body to make it a living being or soul) and u dnt believe Paul's expantiation on the composition of man (as having a spirit, a soul and a mortal body). I will always take u vry deceitful. Reconcile the two accounts and i will ansa ur question. My anwerin ur question is never an issue, but i need to knw ur stand on the composition of man before i respond to u cos it will get u in understandin dat passage better (if truly u want to learn and not scorn at the gospel).
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
alexleo:

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY REASONABLE THING TO SAY THEN CLEAR FOR ROAD. WE DIDNT NOTICE YOUR ABSENCE.

But it's an unreasonable teaching, and alien to the Bible.

This is one of the most wicked lies against God. It portrays God in a way that drives people from worshipping him. Who really would want to worship such an obviously wicked God? From the level of badness in the world today, people clearly don't believe it. This teaching insults the Almighty in a big way.

Death ( absence of life) is the punishment for sinning, not eternal torture. And the dead know nothing, can feel nothing.

Romans 6:23 -- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord".

Romans 6:7 -- "because anyone who has died has been freed from sin".

Ezekiel18:20 -- " The soul who sins is the one who will die . The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him".

Eccl 9:5-6,10 -- "For the living know that they will die,but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun". "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".

"Lake of fire" is not a place of torment- it's permanent destruction/removal - where there's no possibility of reversal. Even death and hell ( which really stands for "grave" ) will be permanently removed. All humans portrayed as being in fire is symbolic and denotes permanent death or non-existence with no possibility of coming back to life (resurrection) .

Rev 20:13-14 -- "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire".

All references to torment is not literal, but symbolic- else how would a drop of water quench thirst? This literal eternal torment teaching is annoyingly senseless.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: While I do not agree with the JW on a fewdoctrines some of them significant, we stand together on some core Christian doctrines that your holier than thou perfect church cannot seem to decipher.
You cannot call them a cult, because the Apostolic faith church is a cult.
Come off your high horse and debate like an educated intelligent Christian, stop these childish tantrums, if you cannot take the heat why bother ? smiley

John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel: Bro.Alexeo , I dey wait ooo

Tell me :

If you are ready to be humble and drop all those i know-bible-more display then no problem. We ll discuss purely as people who are trying to learn from each other. But if you still want us to keep it going as we ve been doing it, no problem too. Am not a bible champion but am just here to learn from other people's perspective apart from the one i learn in my church. I ve told you before, when am discussing with you, remove my church from it. Not when i disagree with your point you say its because of my church. NO. Forget church and lets face each other. Pls you can quote anybody's post to reply me but dont quote ijawkid. I dont argue with J.W. Its not important to me and if you are one of them kindly let me know so that i face other things. I ve seen your questions but i just want to start from here. Thanks.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
true2god: U believe in the creation account of Genesis (God breath upon the mortal body to make it a living being or soul) and u dnt believe Paul's expantiation on the composition of man (as having a spirit, a soul and a mortal body). I will always take u vry deceitful. Reconcile the two accounts and i will ansa ur question. My anwerin ur question is never an issue, but i need to knw ur stand on the composition of man before i respond to u cos it will get u in understandin dat passage better (if truly u want to learn and not scorn at the gospel).

You have no clue or answer to my question which is why you have responded with a question to my question , this is a rather prideful way of side stepping my question.

Do I not deserve to have my question answered ?

Let me repeat it here , if the wording is difficult for comprehension let me know and I will endeavor to rephrase :

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
TroGunn:

This is one of the most wicked lies against God. It portrays God in a way that drives people from worshipping him. Who really would want to worship such an obviously wicked God? From the level of badness in the world today, people clearly don't believe it. This teaching insults the Almighty in a big way.

Death ( absence of life) is the punishment for sinning, not eternal torture. And the dead know nothing, can feel nothing.

Romans 6:23 -- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord".

Romans 6:7 -- "because anyone who has died has been freed from sin".

Ezekiel18:20 -- " The soul who sins is the one who will die . The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him".

Eccl 9:5-6,10 -- "For the living know that they will die,but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun". "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".

"Lake of fire" is not a place of torment- it's permanent destruction/removal - where there's no possibility of reversal. Even death and hell ( which really stands for "grave" ) will be permanently removed. All humans portrayed as being in fire is symbolic and denotes permanent death or non-existence with no possibility of coming back to life (resurrection) .

Rev 20:13-14 -- "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire".

All references to torment is not literal, but symbolic- else how would a drop of water quench thirst? This literal eternal torment teaching is annoyingly senseless.

The danger of your ( False prophets/teachers) message is that you give a false hope to people who then turn from the Word of Life and take the path that leads to damnation &destruction.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:

John 8:44
New International Version (NIV)
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies

Who really is misled by lies? Who lied about the what will happen to Adam after sinning? God said Adam will die as punishment for sinning, Satan told Adam he would not die.

It's either God is right - Adam died and paid the price for his sin.

Or Satan is right -Adam did not really die, but went on to live somewhere, perhaps in torment.

In the end it's whether we want to believe the Bible's clear and simple message or believe Satan's lies like Adam did.

1 Like

Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:

The danger of your ( False prophets/teachers) message is that you give a false hope to people who then turn from the Word of Life and take the path that leads to damnation &destruction.

How old are you ?

Contribute to this topic or your trolling will be highlighted to the mods.

You and alexo have contributed nothing to this discussion other than slandering , insulting and stalking the pro-lifers in this debate.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

You have no clue or answer to my question which is why you have responded with a question to my question , this is a rather prideful way of side stepping my question.

Do I not deserve to have my question answered ?

Let me repeat it here , if the wording is difficult for comprehension let me know and I will endeavor to rephrase :

First answer his question
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by alexleo(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
TroGunn:

Drop all those emotional displays. Lets face bible. If you are serving God based on condition, i.e. to say that if you agree in eternal torment it means God is wicked and should not be served, then you need to check your christianity. For me, I am not serving God on conditionalities. ETERNAL TORMENT OR NOT, I WILL SERVE GOD. ETERNAL TORMENT OR NOT, GOD IS NEVER WICKED IN MY VIEW. Its just like when i hear some of this penticostals give testimonies that they refused to serve God because they believe they ll be wretched when serving him but when they saw those who are serving him doing well they now accepted Christ. IS THAT THE BEST? TOO BAD. Serving God on conditionalities is NOT IT O MY DEAR. Job said in the scriptures, though he slay me, yet will i trust him. Thats the real serving God. Forget about wicked God emotions and lets talk bible.
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Pygru: 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
frosbel:

How old are you ?

Contribute to this topic or your trolling will be highlighted to the mods.

You and alexo have contributed nothing to this discussion other than slandering , insulting and stalking the pro-lifers in this debate.
So you want to threaten me
You want me to allow you to deceive the Gullible ?
No Way!!!
Re: The Rich Man And Lazarus by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pygru:
First answer his question

But I asked first , no grin

These guys are just hanging onto the bare thread of tradition.

I wait for one of you to take the challenge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Alfa Babatunde Finally Confessed / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around / Ogunda Odu Ifa ~ Divination, Prayers & Ebo {sacrifice}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.