Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (971539 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cartini82: 12:17am On May 24, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:42am On May 24, 2013
viruz007:

Apparently i view this thread as a bench warmer and appreciate the efforts by some posters here and as i can see some people are just being the Nigerians we are. Typically.

Dude y so funny? Because android is open source, some dude decides to arrange a phone for you and install the OS and gives you at lower price and u r making noise? From what i know tecno has it's own thread where fellow users share their problems and challenges. But where u bring ur device to compare with mine and say crap about mine, i will not take it kindly with you because i know the sacrifice made to get my device. If you feel what you got is best for you then so be it but do not come and start claiming one thing or the other angry. No wonder some people tweet dat BIS should have still be 5k at least BB would have been sanitized a bit angry. Maybe if android decided to be like iOS we won't be having this convo. Still love android open though grin

Your OEM does not provide support for you. Many of your devices OSes are not upgrade-able hence the fragmentation in the android ecosystem. Your devices cannot support some apps because of hardware or software limitations and someone else sees that and does not want that limitation and you are entering him saying he or she is employing a caste system? Geez. Dude enjoy your tecno and let us enjoy whatever devices we deem fit to use be it from huawei to samsung to htc. If i ask if your device can support apps such as Google Now, Google Chrome, the new Maps, Facebook Home etc, your answer will be NO simply because your device does not have recognizable support or the hardware can't support the framework the app was built on.

This thread is to serve all android users and not to compare and contrast. If you can't find a solution here esp @ Tecno users, then go to una thread shikena.

My 2 cents cool *retires back to bench with my cold bottle of Snapps*
stupidest post on dis thread so far.. mind u, i use an s3.. but i still cant understnd y ur post had to be xo sTup1d

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2013
viruz007: Texazzpete well said bro. grin Ermmm 4llerbuntu wey u wan run go eh? Stay hia oooo angry

The wastepipe wants to go with Ubuntu OS cheesy

I think the time has finally come for me to learn how to use Linux
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:37pm On May 24, 2013
texazzpete:

sorry its UBUNTU TOUCH wink wink grin grin grin grin

btw na ya saka? between me n u, who waste pass? how many phones have u bought this year? confess

yeye man.

better port now. if u see the apps being developed for Touch? beautiful, just too damn beautiful
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2013
deejay_harry1: stupidest post on dis thread so far.. mind u, i use an s3.. but i still cant understnd y ur post had to be xo sTup1d

Excuse me gentleman i use a S2, seeing as u use ur anus to reason, that's why u cld not discern my post. If that thing u call a brain ceases to function, ask someone to slap you as i remember that the quickest way for manual reset... Mtchewww
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2013
texazzpete:

Holla @ me. I can give you the CBT videos seeing as u in PH grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

btw na ya saka? between me n u, who waste pass? how many phones have u bought this year? confess

yeye man.

better port now. if u see the apps being developed for Touch? beautiful, just too damn beautiful

Now u r raising my curiosity. Off to consult Professor Google grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:27pm On May 24, 2013
viruz007:

Now u r raising my curiosity. Off to consult Professor Google grin

u most likely wont see any of them unless you are on the developer mailing list and have to endure receiving over 30 emails a day from people essentially having mumbo jumbo convos about code and design.

http://mhall119.com/ is the blog of a senior canonical staff. you are more likely to get info here when its available
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by evelox: 5:22pm On May 24, 2013
HTC products still remain the best in the market. Is all about quality not quantity... Try HTC one
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:39pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

u most likely wont see any of them unless you are on the developer mailing list and have to endure receiving over 30 emails a day from people essentially having mumbo jumbo convos about code and design.

http://mhall119.com/ is the blog of a senior canonical staff. you are more likely to get info here when its available
you might catch up with other devs on irc too. That's how I roll. Good thing they chose to go with qml grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:41pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

yeye man.

if only Google had used qt
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Aii. Will check it out.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

yeye man.

If it's any consolation, I kinda regret getting the Galaxy S4. Not getting much more incremental value out of it than my Note II.
The Blackberry Q10...that 3.2 inch screen is such a pain in 2013. At least the battery life is decent.

4llerbuntu:

You said the same thing about Maemo way back in your N900 days.

Beautiful niche apps...why should i give up beautiful, polished, popular apps for that?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2013
texazzpete:

If it's any consolation, I kinda regret getting the Galaxy S4. Not getting much more incremental value out of it than my Note II.
The Blackberry Q10...that 3.2 inch screen is such a pain in 2013. At least the battery life is decent.

Beautiful niche apps...why should i give up beautiful, polished, popular apps for that?

niche bawo. those apps serve the same functions as those u use. reddit app na reddit app. facebook app na facebook app.

those android apps r going to be ported easily bte. and let me let u in on a secret. unity engine guys are making their game engine available for the opensource platforms ubuntu sailfish etc.

funny thing is im actually thinking of buying that low end bb that was just announced. my nokia torchlight needs a replacement and i dont mean that derogatively. how many 5 inch + smartfones can one carry around at once.

meanwhile wen the s4 google edition is released y not flash that rom and see how long it takes to bore u. im willing to bet most folks will end up not understanding the hype about aosp
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 9:56pm On May 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

niche bawo. those apps serve the same functions as those u use. reddit app na reddit app. facebook app na facebook app.

those android apps r going to be ported asily bte. and let me let u in on a secret. unity engine guys are making their game engine available for the opensource platforms ubuntu sailfish etc.

funny thing is im actually thinking of buying that low end bb that was just announced. my nokia torchlight needs a replacement and i dont mean that derogatively. how many 5 inch + smartfones can one carry around at once.

meanwhile wen the s4 google edition is released y not flash that rom and see how long it takes to bore u. im willing to bet most folks will end up not understanding the hype about aosp
There is no hype about aosp roms... It's all about choice.. You sticking your a$$ all out for Ubuntu platforms is still based on your choice and personal preference.. Personally, I detest touchwiz and will any day go for aosp roms
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Toroze(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2013
Was putting my money on sailfish<especially>, and tizen os but since i heard about ubuntu for phone abi ubuntu touch. I just can't wait to see what it will become, after the high canonical put us in with a glimpse of the os runing on the nexus 4, i gotta say 4ller's got this one down
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 11:18pm On May 24, 2013
Toroze: Was putting my money on sailfish<especially>, and tizen os but since i heard about ubuntu for phone abi ubuntu touch. I just can't wait to see what it will become, after the high canonical put us in with a glimpse of the os runing on the nexus 4, i gotta say 4ller's got this one down
My galaxy will pack dust when I lay my hands on jolla
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 6:19am On May 25, 2013
texazzpete:

Coming from a Note, an S would never be satisfactory.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by versace400(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2013
Pls i need quick help, i was using 8gb for my techno n3 before and i partitioned it with mini partitioning tool but i have just bought 16gb now and i want to change it and also do the partitioning on it too. Pls how can i go about it? thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2013
versace400: Pls i need quick help, i was using 8gb for my techno n3 before and i partitioned it with mini partitioning tool but i have just bought 16gb now and i want to change it and also do the partitioning on it too. Pls how can i go about it? thanks
GUY UR QUESTION Z FUNNY, BUT I WILL ADVICE U TO MODIFY UR POST NOW N ASK THIS QUESTION AT TECNO THREAD.
COS "DEM" GO EAT YOU WHOLE FOR HERE
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 1:23pm On May 25, 2013
versace400: Pls i need quick help, i was using 8gb for my techno n3 before and i partitioned it with mini partitioning tool but i have just bought 16gb now and i want to change it and also do the partitioning on it too. Pls how can i go about it? thanks
There is a techno thread for these kind of issues.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2013
KazeKage1:
There is a techno thread for these kind of issues.
THE QUESTION IS HOW TO PARTITION IS MCARD AND NOT IS N3.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 1:37pm On May 25, 2013
Cant you use the same mini partitioning tool that worked for you the first-time? undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
F.K.O:
GUY UR QUESTION Z FUNNY, BUT I WILL ADVICE U TO MODIFY UR POST NOW N ASK THIS QUESTION AT TECNO THREAD.

grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2013
F.K.O:

but you know, that question is android specific - not necessarily tecno specfic question.

@versace400 i'm pretty sure you have a way you partitioned your sdcard before; why not use the same way?

if you were a linux user partitioning and copying your files from one sdcard to the other would be pretty straight forward -especially the one on the other partition; as it is, i haven't tried it using windows.
Next time you have issues on an android device it might be a good idea not to mention tecno - at least for now, we're in the middle of a heated war between "properly registered/ branded" phones and phones that aren't recognised outside 3rd world countries

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:12pm On May 25, 2013
na wah o.

i hereby launch war against discrimination of chinese phone foundation.

pls get ur forms. pm me.

meanwhile versace use d same tool u used for d 8 gb. abi d tool get limitation?

and btw this ur "versace" na original or chinko?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 25, 2013
texazzpete:

I do my best cheesy
This phone section is overrun with illiterates. How else would you have a thread with over 500 people contributing titled 'HD Games running on a Tecno N3'.

Meanwhile, the Tecno N3 has a resolution of 320 x 240. How the heck is this anywhere remotely near 'HD'?!

4llerbuntu, better suck up and befriend them or you can be sure a tecno wielding maestro will oust you as phone section 'Man of the Year' for 2013 cheesy

tecnofanboys at the gates cheesy cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LeJeun3: 12:18am On May 26, 2013
But come to think of it, what is really causing the visible discrimination of folk who use Tecno branded mobile devices The OS is really d reason for anyone to visit this thread........... In d early days of Tecno it never was mentioned as openly as it is now. We all know why but times and things have changed.
Or does it pain you that a device as sidelined as the Tecno can stand in the face of some of these elite devices. You might have saved far your device so he also did!
Please let's be reasonable...

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 1:00am On May 26, 2013
The title of this thread is android anyone? Its not tecno,htc or Samsung anyone. Back when we were in part one of the thread we didn't care what device you had, as long as it had android in it you were welcomed on board.

Considering that anyone can make an android device or Tablet now and the large fragmentation in android, do we need to segregate in android? The other day I read on Nairaland that Caterpillar and Casio now make android devices and phones. I don't believe that because you have an expensive android device you must be in the elite group. I have four different android devices but I don't mind helping anyone out in anything android related. As long as its android, I'm interested.

However, don't you dare insult anyone while comparing phones and such. I'm interested in the package and not the container it came in. So whatever company that designed your container, as long as its android, would help when and if I can.

My two cents

4 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 1:05am On May 26, 2013
Leopantro: The title of this thread is android anyone? Its not tecno,htc or Samsung anyone. Back when we were in part one of the thread we didn't care what device you had, as long as it had android in it you were welcomed on board.

Considering that anyone can make an android device or Tablet now and the large fragmentation in android, do we need to segregate in android? The other day I read on Nairaland that Caterpillar and Casio now make android devices and phones. I don't believe that because you have an expensive android device you must be in the elite group. I have four different android devices but I don't mind helping anyone out in anything android related. As long as its android, I'm interested.

However, don't you dare insult anyone while comparing phones and such. I'm interested in the package and not the container it came in. So whatever company that designed your container, as long as its android, would help when and if I can.

My two cents

I could not agree more. That's the bane of the problem. Anyways all na android.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:56am On May 26, 2013
viruz007:

Excuse me gentleman i use a S2, seeing as u use ur anus to reason, that's why u cld not discern my post. If that thing u call a brain ceases to function, ask someone to slap you as i remember that the quickest way for manual reset... Mtchewww
officially ignored... nigga i thought u were my class, but u aint..

ur jst a negro bouncing all stup1d with an outdated s2 , i pray never to use again..

IGÑØRËD

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.