Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785032 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 1:01am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:

When I was discussing expanding the economy, I was talking about the role of State, and not for me to be fed. I was precisely discussing the 'environment' -the enabling environment, Sir.

There is a fundamental flaw in your pitch and I fear it may not be fixed b'cos I read you as a theorist.

For the umpteenth time, we allow the State to drift when we fail as a people in the role of civil society in shaping government action. We cannot leave them alone. We have to be part of policy debates, public presentation of draft statutes, public finance and appropriation reviews, etc. That is is how it works best.

In your first post, you said you failed to see the most essential ingredient being the role of the individual (You and I). I left it because it was unfortunate that you failed to see it in the ensuing act of engaging in debates that is capable of transforming public policy. If we had progressed to discuss rural development, perhaps the next commissioner for rural development could pick a few points.

But you chose to debate out of context. That is what, in the olden days, was termed op. Now op, especially here means original poster. I actually meant the old "out of point"

Now if you wish to switch the discussion to how individuals can excel, fine, but it is a different topic and I would most likely take a different pitch than asking Enugu kids to emulate Ford or George Soros when we lack the enabling investment plank form.

With hope that you will retool and refocus on what will be beneficial to very many, can we now discuss "the role of government which IS TO PROVIDE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT". Or would you, in your usual character, say it is entirely up to me? Retool and the discussion will become useful. How can government perform its role, which is, to provide the right environment for private enterprise to thrive? How can next government in Enugu State improve the overall competitiveness of the State in the global market place? And lets see whether the answer will be macadamized thoroughfare and patachy, overpriced made in China traffic lights basically dumped on hapless ignorant people whom you wish to continue to be ignorant so that the fleecing of our commonly owned wealth will continue endlessly.

Keep shifting the goal post ...I tell ya am good with it.
So remind me again your policy stance or your proposal on the enabling environment that should be implemented in your state Enugu. I read and reread your post but couldn't find any.
Please indulge me again so that we can delve into the nitty gritty of your proposal.
Lastly I was reminded in elementary school that individuals make up a village,town,city,country and it does not take all of them to shift the course of their place of abode...its on you, me anyone out there. We the people are the government not some ghost.

Waiting for your policy debate.

Thanks and be well

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 1:04am On Dec 07, 2014
yes, Centje. I should be grateful that you obliged me a reply. And I appreciate how you cooled down to lay it on me without any harsh word. Thank you.

Truth, I have been guilty of using rather uncouth words here and I regret that. I admitted such early and sought and obtained reprieve. I have also no been spared. I have one pending on Spyder's in tray to adjudicate and do the needful, I am still waiting. So, I hereby, once again offer my unreserved apologies for unruly e-behaviour grin

Everything else said is noted and appreciated.

I will very humbly comment on the following, nonetheless:

-"Don't think I've forgotten who you are. You're a die-hard loyalist of chimaroke nnamani, and..." Truly I don't mind the label. No probs. Keep it for me, I embrace it because it doesn't really hurt anymore.
Question really is, why is it that anybody who does not agree with the mainstream position is immediately labelled? Now it is Chimaroka, which< i am happy to admit, ka anyi na aga n'iru. The other day it was Ekweremmadu. Once you criticise Chime, phew, you are Chimaroke, you are Ekweremmadu. Know ye all that some people cannot be carried by the mass dose of propanganda, really meant to hoodwink and take attention away from the core issues. Fine I accept the label. Just know finally on this point, that name-calling and labelling are variants of .... you know what.

-"If Chime was an average nigerian politician, with his power of incumbency..." Yes, definitely, Chime has proved that he is a below average politician

- by Cjrane: I usually remind all that Enugu is about the poorest state in Nigeria in terms of federal allocation.... I believe Enugu must give attention to the rural areas. I have already give CJrane a hot thumbs up. It is for the spirit of the engagement -that we should share ideas about the raised issues. I have taken a firm position here that it is retrogressive to continue to defend Enugu based on the little allocation so-called. Enugu should grow its economy, kpom kwem. Lagos is a model and way to go.

Goodman, I wish you sweet dreams and that you wake strong and happy grin grin grin

Btw: Forget the way I tackle people on issues. Its usually to charge the debate. Deep down, I am as soft as a stuffed fluffy teddy grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 1:13am On Dec 07, 2014
kmariko:

Keep shifting the goal post ...I tell ya am good with it.
So remind me again your policy stance or your proposal on the enabling environment that should be implemented in your state Enugu. I read and reread your post but couldn't find any.
Please indulge me again so that we can delve into the nitty gritty of your proposal.
Lastly I was reminded in elementary school that individuals make up a village,town,city,country and it does not take all of them to shift the course of their place of abode...its on you, me anyone out there. We the people are the government not some ghost.

Waiting for your policy debate.

Thanks and be well

Boy O' boy, you are good with it. I didn't say that.

Fine, I'm happy I got you where I wanted you.

First, I stated that it is unforgivable for people to come to this form todefend Enugu government on the basis of smallness of federal allocation it recieves. I called it a self-inflicted injury. I stated it and you highlighted it, the steps to be taken to grow the State's economiy, in pracyical terms, as has been seen to work in Anambra State, just nearby.

Second, I concurred with a position taken here that the current governments total neglect for the rural areas was suicidal and that an integration of our rural economies to the mainstream should be central to the State's development strategy. And that I have some thoughts (real go-to-market ideas) we could begin to share here and now.

what say ye
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 1:19am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:

Boy O' boy, you are good with it. I didn't say that.

Fine, I'm happy I got you where I wanted you.

First, I stated that it is unforgivable for people to come to this form todefend Enugu government on the basis of smallness of federal allocation it recieves. I called it a self-inflicted injury. I stated it and you highlighted it, the steps to be taken to grow the State's economiy, in pracyical terms, as has been seen to work in Anambra State, just nearby.

Second, I concurred with a position taken here that the current governments total neglect for the rural areas was suicidal and that an integration of our rural economies to the mainstream should be central to the State's development strategy. And that I have some thoughts (real go-to-market ideas) we could begin to share here and now.

what say ye

Still waiting to read your policy proposal

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 1:34am On Dec 07, 2014
kmariko:

Still waiting to read your policy proposal

"[i] I take it to mean coal, right? Why can't you touch it? Play by the rules of the land, Anambra floated an Oil Company, not only got allocation of oil well right in the State but also got approval fro refinery. Are you there? Float a power plat, request for rights to your coal, dig it up yourself and sell power to fed government. How does that sound?"

Sure you've seen that before:

Actually, a policy stance to harness the State's areas of comparative cost advantage -Energy (coal/gas) and agro-based economy (agriculture and agro-allied)

These two areas could have been uplifted in the last eight years, which had the highest oil revenue. Apparently, talking about the fast-fading latest oil boon in Nigeria, Enugu has squandered that "little" thing it gets on fancy -a non-regenerative urban beautification that has no end. All we have to show is painted and re-paved Enugu City centre (Emene no follow o!). I had thot people with little have more sense.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
yes, Centje. I should be grateful that you obliged me a reply. And I appreciate how you cooled down to lay it on me without any harsh word. Thank you.

Truth, I have been guilty of using rather uncouth words here and I regret that. I admitted such early and sought and obtained reprieve. I have also no been spared. I have one pending on Spyder's in tray to adjudicate and do the needful, I am still waiting. So, I hereby, once again offer my unreserved apologies for unruly e-behaviour grin

Everything else said is noted and appreciated.

I will very humbly comment on the following, nonetheless:

-"Don't think I've forgotten who you are. You're a die-hard loyalist of chimaroke nnamani, and..." Truly I don't mind the label. No probs. Keep it for me, I embrace it because it doesn't really hurt anymore.
Question really is, why is it that anybody who does not agree with the mainstream position is immediately labelled? Now it is Chimaroka, which< i am happy to admit, ka anyi na aga n'iru. The other day it was Ekweremmadu. Once you criticise Chime, phew, you are Chimaroke, you are Ekweremmadu. Know ye all that some people cannot be carried by the mass dose of propanganda, really meant to hoodwink and take attention away from the core issues. Fine I accept the label. Just know finally on this point, that name-calling and labelling are variants of .... you know what.

-"If Chime was an average nigerian politician, with his power of incumbency..." Yes, definitely, Chime has proved that he is a below average politician

- by Cjrane: I usually remind all that Enugu is about the poorest state in Nigeria in terms of federal allocation.... I believe Enugu must give attention to the rural areas. I have already give CJrane a hot thumbs up. It is for the spirit of the engagement -that we should share ideas about the raised issues. I have taken a firm position here that it is retrogressive to continue to defend Enugu based on the little allocation so-called. Enugu should grow its economy, kpom kwem. Lagos is a model and way to go.

Goodman, I wish you sweet dreams and that you wake strong and happy grin grin grin

Btw: Forget the way I tackle people on issues. Its usually to charge the debate. Deep down, I am as soft as a stuffed fluffy teddy grin grin grin

there was a thread opened some time this year, you and your cohort strongly upheld chimaroke and ekweremadu and make aggressive effort to degrade chime, that's where the 'label' came. Now you compare lagos, [former capital of nigeria that wasn't affected by war, a city built with the nation's oil] to enugu. Seriously!! No one said Enugu should not grow its economy, that's exactly what this present administration is doing. You, probably, have forgotten the post here showing states that grew their IGR within the period under review. Enugu was among the top 3.
I pointed out where your loyalty lie because your opinion is corrupted by that. That i prefer chime to chimaroke wouldn't make me blind to efforts chimaroke made during his tenure or make me hide chime's faults. So, no one attacking you for not going with chime but make your points with sincerity, not condenming everything happening in enugu state just because you're in opposition to the current power. How can you say we should revert to manual control of traffic when enugu had those traffic lights and street lights in the 70s, but were allowed to rot. You should be talking about maintenance, sustainability and continuity, so that in future, we wont be battling with installing traffic lights in our main city rather we would be installing them in agbani, nsukka, udi, awgu, oji...that's how development goes. Chime's mission was to re-vamp the state and restore its glory, that, he achieved above average unlike your usual below average nigerian policitians.

We are progressing, my only fear,now, is maintenance of these infrastructural and non-infrastructural changes in the state. We will go back to level zero if these things are not maintained.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 1:45am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:

"[i] I take it to mean coal, right? Why can't you touch it? Play by the rules of the land, Anambra floated an Oil Company, not only got allocation of oil well right in the State but also got approval fro refinery. Are you there? Float a power plat, request for rights to your coal, dig it up yourself and sell power to fed government. How does that sound?"

Sure you've seen that before:

Actually, a policy stance to harness the State's areas of comparative cost advantage -Energy (coal/gas) and agro-based economy (agriculture and agro-allied)

These two areas could have been uplifted in the last eight years, which had the highest oil revenue. Apparently, talking about the fast-fading latest oil boon in Nigeria, Enugu has squandered that "little" thing it gets on fancy -a non-regenerative urban beautification that has no end. All we have to show is painted and re-paved Enugu City centre (Emene no follow o!). I had thot people with little have more sense.

Please sir that is not a policy..please.

Here, I do not want to make any presumptions on your thought proces but it will help if you can in your own words first define what you understand is an enabling environment as concerns governance and how that relates to your State. It is then and then only can one understand your policy proposal to enhance this environment which you"deem non existence" in your state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 1:46am On Dec 07, 2014
Next of course is development of the hinterlands which constitutes over 80% of the land mass of the State and where over 60% of its population reside. Right now, our hinterlands are resource-rich "wastelands" because of lack of concerted effort to integrate them into the mainstream economy of the State.

VEC is hog wash!

It was supposed to serve as a plank-form for enactment of the right governance framework to usher in genuine locality administration. Alas, it became more political inclined which I don't have a problem with, but I have a problem with it being used for eye service -to give villagers the impression that government cared and would come to their aid, meanwhile, nothing mege!
As Spyder gleefully shares pics of cleaned up roads in Enugu core centre, the road to Umaga, Ezimo, Obinofia, Nachi, Ugwuoba are rotting under compete neglect

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 1:51am On Dec 07, 2014
kmariko:

Please sir that is not a policy..please.

Here, I do not want to make any presumptions on your thought proces but it will help if you can in your own words first define what you understand is an enabling environment as concerns governance and how that relates to your State. It is then and then only can one understand your policy proposal to enhance this environment which you"deem non existence" in your state.

The only assurance I can give you here is that you cannot bamboozle me. waa wa. You will only make a big fool of your self.

Now, what do you understand by policy, In this context public policy?

And please don't dance back to the generic "enabling environment" talk. It is general. I am coming to specifics. You see when I said I read you to be a theorist, i wasn't wrong.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 1:57am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:

The only assurance I can give you here is that you cannot bamboozle me. waa wa. You will only make a big fool of your self.

Now, what do you understand by policy, In this context public policy?

And please don't dance back to the generic "enabling environment" talk. It is general. I am coming to specifics. You see when I said I read you to be a theorist, i wasn't wrong.

Sir once again , venting is not a policy,complaint is not a policy,and last but not the least insults are not policies.

In simple terms define what you understand by policy and we go from there. Forget "enabling environment" for now.

Thanks and be well

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:05am On Dec 07, 2014
kmariko:

Sir once again , venting is not a policy,complaint is not a policy,and last but not the least insults are not policies.

In simple terms define what you understand by policy and we go from there. Forget "enabling environment" for now.

Thanks and be well

I don't think it is a good way of exchange to be second-guessing one another. Your antics are not new to me. I have worked well and dealt with many your type. So I will break the jinx.

First to show you I am ok (a dim ok):

In market woman's parlance, enabling environment means anything put in place by government to enable individuals, communities, businesses, other organisations (the legal populace) to actualise their potentials. It is in form of policies, laws, physical and other infrastructure, regulation, access to resources, -simply any act of State to enhance viability of the population and composite elements of the given society

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:08am On Dec 07, 2014
So pick out policy from above and tell me what it is to you and why a stance to pursue an Energy-based economy and agro-based econmy are not policies

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 2:18am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
So pick out policy from above and tell me what it is to you and why a stance to pursue an Energy-based economy and agro-based econmy are not policies

Good I guess we are getting somewhere.. So within your definition, infrastructure is an enabling environment. And within the structural improvements as defined by our host... Spyder...in his state of which you are highly critical of what are the policy missteps of your State government and what policies do you adjudge would have been better.

I made o assumption here that you have in dept knowledge of your states infrastructural policies.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:27am On Dec 07, 2014
Thank you.

But you see, that where we depart, in general term, yes infrastructure, yes. But in specifics, what infrastructure?

The most crucial infrastructure in Enugu City is not traffic lights -it is expansion of water supply infrastructure. There is no enough water in the city and it is growing. No single new source of water for Enugu city in 8years.

Thats just an example. Infrastricture for rocket launch is infrastructure, but is it what is needed.

I asked a fellow here to list out in his thots 5 most crucial issues facing an Enugu man and I will list mine so we compare. He ran away. It is when we have listed and prioritised the issues impinging on our growth to prosperity that we can assess whether the re-paving and paining is what our government should be doing at this point in time.

So, i won't accept the generic infrastructure and begin to heap praises when there is no water here and our parents in the village are dying of hunger. Enugu has been blessed with people that can decipher things and that are capable of deeper reasoning

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:33am On Dec 07, 2014
.. And Kmariko sir. When you say " your State", I can condone that you patronise me (just ka okwu na aga). But is important we delve into specifics. Don't escape soon by saying your discussion here is about a "generic" or hypothetical State. We are here for Enugu (Enugwu).

I have the infrastructure policy of Enugu State as detailed as is available in the 4-point agenda and Enugu State Vision 2020 documents. Yes I do
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:34am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
.. And Kmariko sir. When you say " your State", I can condone that you patronise me (just ka okwu na aga). But is important we delve into specifics. Don't escape soon by saying your discussion here is about a "generic" or hypothetical State. We are here for Enugu (Enugwu).

I have the infrastructure policy of Enugu State as detailed as is available in the 4-point agenda and Enugu State Vision 2020 documents. Yes I do

Hard and soft copies grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 2:41am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
..a stance to pursue an Energy-based economy and agro-based econmy are policies
the next team i Enugu should focus on.

Above repeated, Plus geniune rural development stance anchored on legislating a true locality administration framework.

You see, I don't mind your drilling grin, Not at all.

Btw. The 4-point agenda and Enugu vision 2020 have all that, just that Chime chose run on a narrow gauge. Pick out the 4-point agenda and lets see how many of the 4 points have been touched
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:44am On Dec 07, 2014
I found this touching...

allcomage:
I was exposed to motivational books early in my life and one thing all of them teach is to lean on the positive aspect of life.Therefore,for me, i always dwell on the positive side of everything be it setbacks, religion,ethnicity,culture or whatever and it has impacted on my life positively.Coming from a minority tribe, i have always been associated the with igbo,have them as friends through schools and eventually married one.i observed there is always this subtle moves everywhere be it in government,educational,corporate,tribal and religious circles to dim their light but for their resilience.They represent the good,the bad and the ugly just like any other nationality.It is a tribe either you hate to love or you love to hate.Unarguably they have become the face of Nigeria going by my encounters with foreigners in my travels. They become agents of change in any environment they habit.Since the ObJ second coming, few achievements recorded have Igbo as the main driving force:banking,telecom,nafdac,sports,debt/foreign reserve etc.They now have the largest pool of technocrats in the country given their resurgence in education.They are gradually encircling Nigeria despite all efforts to keep them away from the highest office in land.over 50% of Nigeria liquidity is their hand leaving the remainder to over 300 ethnic groups.My recent trips to southeast was an opener,there is aggressive economic resurgence not witnessed in other parts of the country.Dangote trucks are allover the place hauling cement .I suppose entrepreneurship is the way to go and the Igbo have chosen the right part.A prophet may not be accepted in his own country but the world is taking note of Igbo.My in laws kwenu!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 07, 2014
Isreal to partner Enugu on Agric, industrial development - Ambassador

Enugu, Dec. 3, 2014 (NAN) The Israeli Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Uriel Palti, has pledged to partner the Enugu State Government in the development of agricultural and industrial sectors of the state.

Palti made the pledge in Enugu on Wednesday during a facility tour of various government projects.

He said the partnership would help boost agriculture, create industries and employment opportunities for youths.

The ambassador said that Israel would also collaborate with Nigeria to fight and win terrorism.

According to him, Israel and Nigeria have the same challenge of insecurity, adding that collaboration would ensure better results.

Palti, who said that the purpose of his visit was to a relationship between Israel and the state, commended the government for its efforts toward strengthening the economy of the state through agricultural development.

Conducting the ambassador round the projects, Gov. Sullivan Chime, represented by his Chief of Staff, Mr Victor Atuonwu, said the state had provided the enabling environment for foreign and local investors in the state.

He said that the state government had done a lot in the area of infrastructural development as well as fostering security, adding that the state had been relatively peaceful in the past seven years.

The governor said the partnership would take the economy of the state to greater heights.

Among the projects visited were the Enugu San Carlos Pineapple farm in Awgu local government area, the new State Secretariat Complex, the ongoing Enugu Diagnostic Centre and the Polo Park Shopping Mall. (NAN)
GINI/MNA/NKO

http://newsroom.nannewsnigeria.com/node/18349

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 3:00am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
the next team i Enugu should focus on.

Above repeated, Plus geniune rural development stance anchored on legislating a true locality administration framework.

You see, I don't mind your drilling grin, Not at all.

Btw. The 4-point agenda and Enugu vision 2020 have all that, just that Chime chose run on a narrow gauge. Pick out the 4-point agenda and lets see how many of the 4 points have been touched

Sir I have not gone into specifics yet , will get there.
Again, please since you have read their policy, Where are the deficits in there infrastructural policies and what could have made it better in other words what would you have changed.

Sir policy does not equal implementation.

We will get to implimentation once we understand what policies YOU would have proposed as regards infrastructure in the first place.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 3:32am On Dec 07, 2014
kmariko:

Sir I have not gone into specifics yet , will get there.
Again, please since you have read their policy, Where are the deficits in there infrastructural policies and what could have made it better in other words what would you have changed.

Sir policy does not equal implementation.

We will get to implimentation once we understand what policies YOU would have proposed as regards infrastructure in the first place.

Ok o.

First, policy stated can differ from policy being implemented. I agree with you.

Would it not be an academic exercise to begin to critique the written policy when we know that the true reflection of policy stance is action. In other words, for someone who is not versed with the documented version, all he can say is what he/she sees practically and in Enugu State today it is Enugu urban core road network and ancillary infrastructure. 9th mile (very little), Oji (none), Nsukka (very little), Agani (none), Emene (slight). All hinterlands of Akpawf, Nkereffi, Ibite Olo, Oghu, Awha, nothing nothing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 3:44am On Dec 07, 2014
Chime's urban beautification programme, to be is too elaborate, too expensive and has not allowed the government to achieve good grades in other very important and strategic areas. But the sad part is, it is not being executed with frankness. 9th Mile and Emene are part of Enugu but you see horrible sites just 3minutes drive from the fringes of the Enugu City centre, why?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 3:47am On Dec 07, 2014
Some say window dressing, others prefer saying playing to the gallery. Guys, Chime team is not it. And as we usher in Gburugburu, his anointed successor, it must be drummed in. Unfortunately, Gburugburu is not talking to anybody
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 3:48am On Dec 07, 2014
I need to catch some sleep. No work today but Church thinz. When i come back I see whether we have agreed to agree or agreed to disagree. Any which way, I am game.

And Spyder, pls don't mind those asking you to kick me out of this board. I believe it makes it more wholesome. So that Jews(those who like to watch photo album) and gentiles (those who want dept beyond macadam), like the lion and the hyena can coexist in peace as is in African savannah. Its nice gisting with you all
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 07, 2014
all4naija:
I am not feeling good looking at the images on this thread. They are ruining my eyes! Jeez! angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lol, is it cos you can't wrap your head around the fact that enugu is this glorious with little capital and after being nearly destroyed during the war? While your state still wallows in self pity

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Dec 07, 2014
centje:
Spyder880, thanks a million for the pictures. Please, spyder, there's a spot opposite IMT gate, at the hill top, facing the liberty estate and also facing IMT, you can get aerial views of enugu. I enjoy those views whenever I pass there. I think your fans here will love it too. cheesy

I know that spot, I will look at the place later today. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kasyn(m): 5:59am On Dec 07, 2014
All4naija and that mumu wey im moniker starts with letter M are just stupid,idiotic and jealous human beings!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:34am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
I need to catch some sleep. No work today but Church thinz. When i come back I see whether we have agreed to agree or agreed to disagree. Any which way, I am game.

And Spyder, pls don't mind those asking you to kick me out of this board. I believe it makes it more wholesome. So that Jews(those who like to watch photo album) and gentiles (those who want dept beyond macadam), like the lion and the hyena can coexist in peace as is in African savannah. Its nice gisting with you all

No you are always welcome, but my main worry is that your points are so out of touch with reality that I wonder if you mean well for this state or just preferring solutions that are sure going to fail. Countless posters had tried to remind you of the financial position of Enugu state and what you always say is that we inflicted the problem on ourselves, and when probed further you will say we needed to have deepened our development of our natural resources and made some money. This is a very hypocritical position if you also say in the same breath that you supported our brother Chimaroke. Which natural resources did Chimaroke Nnamani explore? Or you are just hating because this is Sullivan and you must blame him for something, anything at all. Double standard.

Everyone here had been trying to drum it into your head that Sullivan Chime chose a path to develop Enugu capital mainly to provide an enabling environment for investment and businesses to thirve, but you will always shift to shout hey, the rural areas, where in Nigeria has any governor done both his rural and urban areas and left a good result, even your hero, our brother Chimaroke didn't touch the rural areas, we can delve into that. I am a citizen too and know this very well. Again, hypocrisy, blaming Chime for what Nnamani could not do.

Thirdly it is clear that you are not happy with the person of Chime, not because of his actions or inactions but a deep seated resentment borne out of an issue which is rather personal, but you should be aware you are in the minority on that. The fact that you cannot even list out what you should have done differently if you were to advice the governor is clear by your changing your goal post with each comment.

In conclusion, Enugu state experienced some modest growth, much more than I expected in the last 10 years or so, and I cannot credit only Sullivan for that, Chimaroke will also share in the praise because he did something also. Quit the bitterness and appreciate the modest gains made in the past years, even if its only roads that Chime paved, he made a marvellous job of it, and that is all that matters. He picked his area of priority, and dealt with the problem seriously, given the reality on the ground about our financial position. For that we shall praise him.

Please come back whenever you want and we can keep discussing this, and I have too many examples and over than 500 pictures of Enugu rural areas. I am in Ninth mile now, so no need to lecture me about the outskirts, just know it that each time you are saying something against Chime, it will sound like a praise because, Enugu state has been punching above its weight category all this while.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2014
Gee am inviting you to our Anambra thread, there is this debate going on between us and our people about the need for our government to ban okada and other sundry issues we are trying to sort out there, i will love an unbaised outsider to say something about it.

NB: Some people will not welcome your suggestions overthere, its normal just like your being opposed here, dont worry the names they will call you there, they willl attack and abuse you but do not bulge, majority are behind you to make an indepth analysis of the state and her economic outlook aswell as what the future hold.

Will provide you will all the necessary info, we will argue and disagree with you when you come but we want someone to cut us some slacks, we need Anambra from an outsiders point of view, dont bulge when my people start feeling uncomfortable with your assertions and criticisms abeg.

Check Anambra thread and join the disquo.

mej67:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:

Ok o.

First, policy stated can differ from policy being implemented. I agree with you.

Would it not be an academic exercise to begin to critique the written policy when we know that the true reflection of policy stance is action. In other words, for someone who is not versed with the documented version, all he can say is what he/she sees practically and in Enugu State today it is Enugu urban core road network and ancillary infrastructure. 9th mile (very little), Oji (none), Nsukka (very little), Agani (none), Emene (slight). All hinterlands of Akpawf, Nkereffi, Ibite Olo, Oghu, Awha, nothing nothing

Sir I wish you a good nite and a happy sunday. I do not wish to continue this conversation as you have not made any attempts to inform us what it is that you actually find troubling in the policies of the state rather you went personal on individuals trying their very best to see that things work in your state.

Secondly it seems that you do not understand the structure of governance in the country as regards devolution of powers and responsibilities.

Third you seem to be a "bystander" in your state, waiting for the "other" to lift the "poor" instead of doing something about it.

Fourth, it is your state damn it!!! go out there and do something anything ( just like spyder is doing in the forum) and quit whinning.

Fifth is anything stopping you from being the next governor of your state.

In all Thanks for you time and be well

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Gee am inviting you to our Anambra thread, there is this debate going on between us and our people about the need for our government to ban okada and other sundry issues we are trying to sort out there, i will love an unbaised outsider to say something about it.

NB: Some people will not welcome your suggestions overthere, its normal just like your being opposed here, dont worry the names they will call you there, they willl attack and abuse you but do not bulge, majority are behind you to make an indepth analysis of the state and her economic outlook aswell as what the future hold.

Will provide you will all the necessary info, we will argue and disagree with you when you come but we want someone to cut us some slacks, we need Anambra from an outsiders point of view, dont bulge when my people start feeling uncomfortable with your assertions and criticisms abeg.

Check Anambra thread and join the disquo.

okay make we go see anambra and talk of okada
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2014
mej67:
Chime's urban beautification programme, to be is too elaborate, too expensive and has not allowed the government to achieve good grades in other very important and strategic areas. But the sad part is, it is not being executed with frankness. 9th Mile and Emene are part of Enugu but you see horrible sites just 3minutes drive from the fringes of the Enugu City centre, why?

cheesy cheesy tell them cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.