Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782761 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:21am On Jan 11
melodyogonna:

That depends on the developers and location, and the electricity situation.
Ok.. many people are yet feel mbah's impact tho
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:53am On Jan 11
oilykid:

Ok.. many people are yet feel mbah's impact tho
Very funny. In what areas? While I was coming back from villa last week, around Nowas people were complaining that too many construction is going on and traffic is getting too much because of them. I can also almost swear security has gotten far better than before he came in. Water pipes are being laid in my area, and I saw modernised waste management bins around new market, I don't go out often so I don't know if this has gotten to more places. I can definitely see impacts. Are you talking economy-wise? A lot of things still has to be done sha but I believe too many people see only constructions as a sign of work. Just yesterday it was announced that a local government staff verification would go on - anybody knows something like this is a mechanism to eliminate ghost workers. Few months after he came on he streamlined tax collection, I was surprised to see my keke driver paying tax via an agent with a mobile app rather than to touts.

Still, Enugu state requires a lot of road construction and I believe we'll see a lot of it this year.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:41am On Jan 11
melodyogonna:

Very funny. In what areas? While I was coming back from villa last week, around Nowas people were complaining that too many construction is going on and traffic is getting too much because of them. I can also almost swear security has gotten far better than before he came in. Water pipes are being laid in my area, and I saw modernised waste management bins around new market, I don't go out often so I don't know if this has gotten to more places. I can definitely see impacts. Are you talking economy-wise? A lot of things still has to be done sha but I believe too many people see only constructions as a sign of work. Just yesterday it was announced that a local government staff verification would go on - anybody knows something like this is a mechanism to eliminate ghost workers. Few months after he came on he streamlined tax collection, I was surprised to see my keke driver paying tax via an agent with a mobile app rather than to touts.

Still, Enugu state requires a lot of road construction and I believe we'll see a lot of it this year.

Pipe borne water is back up again in my area, road maintenance is on, almost all the traffic lights that were abandoned during ugwuanyi are back up again

Mbah has not been doing badly at all

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11
melodyogonna:

Ok man.. just that there are no pictures of his projects yet

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:58pm On Jan 11
slimthugchimee2:

Pipe borne water is back up again in my area, road maintenance is on, almost all the traffic lights that were abandoned during ugwuanyi are back up again

Mbah has not been doing badly at all
I don't stay in enugu again sha that's why I don't know what's going on again. Do you know the new city ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:19pm On Jan 11
oilykid:

Are they going to build skyscrapers there ??

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11
oilykid:

I don't stay in enugu again sha that's why I don't know what's going on again. Do you know the new city ?

I still stay in enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11
IGBOSON1:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Lol.. I'm just being curious or maybe it's just an another estate
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11
slimthugchimee2:

I still stay in enugu
Do you know the new enugu city?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 3:55am On Jan 12
BREAKING!

AFIA TV will broadcast ALL 52 AFCON matches!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Omanambala(m): 4:03am On Jan 12
Ndi Enugu kedu ka unu melu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 8:08am On Jan 12
oilykid:

Ok man.. just that there are no pictures of his projects yet
True sha

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 8:25am On Jan 12
Apart from Afia TV, nothing serious is happening in Enugu under this Mba undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:12pm On Jan 12
christejames:
Apart from Afia TV, nothing serious is happening in Enugu under this Mba undecided
They said that alot is happening under mbah tho

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chimezie198(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12
I just came into Enugu recently and couldn't recognize I was in holy ghost going to agbani road.. Dem don turn that road to market and so dirty

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:28pm On Jan 12
oilykid:

They said that alot is happening under mbah tho

I also hear this "a lot is happening under Mbah". But why isn't anyone posting these "roads" that Mbah is doing?

At least we see daily the fantastic works of Gov. Otti in Aba and Umuahia. We see Soludo's exploits in Onitsha and Awka. Even Nwifuru's roads in Abakaliki and the total reconstruction of the Okadigbo International Airport runway Abakaliki are there for the public to see.

I'm just wondering why we hear so much rumors that Mbah is doing major roads reconstructions in Enugu, but never see any pictural evidence of these projects anywhere. Even in this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:58pm On Jan 12
Cjrane2:

I also hear this "a lot is happening under Mbah". But why isn't anyone posting these "roads" that Mbah is doing?

At least we see daily the fantastic works of Gov. Otti in Aba and Umuahia. We see Soludo's exploits in Onitsha and Awka. Even Nwifuru's roads in Abakaliki and the total reconstruction of the Okadigbo International Airport runway Abakaliki are there for the public to see.

I'm just wondering why we hear so much rumors that Mbah is doing major roads reconstructions in Enugu, but never see any pictural evidence of these projects anywhere. Even in this thread!

Two possibilities:

*It’s either nothing much is happening besides a lot of hype.

*Or stuff is happening, but Mbah hasn’t gotten round to engaging social-media publicists……ie, otimpkus to you and me!

He could consider reengaging Spyder to help out! He’s good at what he used to do and has a good camera too!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12
If he doesn't sit up he will surely end up as a one term governor!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12
Chimezie198:
I just came into Enugu recently and couldn't recognize I was in holy ghost going to agbani road.. Dem don turn that road to market and so dirty
You didn't see any constructions going??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 2:45pm On Jan 12
Cjrane2:

If you go through the thread, you will see where someone stated that alot is happening, like someone said here maybe he doesn't have enough people for media publicity unlike in the case of abia state

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chimezie198(m): 3:07pm On Jan 12
oilykid:

You didn't see any constructions going??
I'm talking about that Holy ghost area where you see Keke going to agbani road.. Traders are now selling almost centre of the road. The whole place is congested with traders. There are waste disposal along the road too.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12
Chimezie198:
I'm talking about that Holy ghost area where you see Keke going to agbani road.. Traders are now selling almost centre of the road. The whole place is congested with traders. There are waste disposal along the road too.

Ok..I'm not base in enugu though.. I was just asking a question. It's like 2 years since I came to enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nigercity: 5:40pm On Jan 12
Mbah is trying in Enugu for sure
But I keep wondering why
There's no pictures about his works in Enugu
Maybe because majority of the people don't like him, and the are praying for supreme court to eject him from the seat

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13
Nigercity:
Mbah is trying in Enugu for sure
But I keep wondering why
There's no pictures about his works in Enugu
Maybe because majority of the people don't like him, and the are praying for supreme court to eject him from the seat

Why not post pictures of what he has done so far to clear doubts...

By the way, Mba has been cleared by the 'Supreme Court'.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:10pm On Jan 17
PN Mbah's road.... keep Calm, we are coming.

This is just the dawn

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:54pm On Jan 17
Digitron:

This is just the dawn

I am glad to see that Mbah has started working. Like Dr. Chris Ngige, Peter Mbah had too many question marks on how he found himself in the Lion building. Ngige later became a hero of the people due to his massive infrastructural transformation. Ngige would have easily won a second term if he had not been sacked by the Supreme Court.

Therefore, Peter Mbah must utilize the opportunity to serve and demonstrate that he is indeed competent and craves the development of Enugu! So the people will say they were wrong for judging him due to the Buffon Ugwuanyi who presented him to the people.

If Mbah makes the mistake of not aligning the people to his side through a massive infrastructural transformation of Enugu city in particular and the state in general to the next level, it will be a very sad missed opportunity for him.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17
Digitron:

This is just the dawn

Would help if you label the locations of the pics you upload. That first pic...where is that? The place looks terrible!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:15am On Jan 18
Digitron:

This is just the dawn
This is federal govt project na

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:17am On Jan 18
Digitron:

This is just the dawn
Lol.. mbah promised us closed drainages and sidewalks but see the rubbish he is constructing. SE governors and their love for Mediocre. Even poor stated in the north constructs better roads than east.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 10:05am On Jan 18
Some banks and parks at holy ghost has been given quick notice because of the fly over, the government wants to build there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:45am On Jan 18
SGANIVA:
Some banks and parks at holy ghost has been given quick notice because of the fly over, the government wants to build there
Wow.. the buildings will be knocked or what. What about the terminals he said that he was going to build
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 11:14am On Jan 18
Most banks there will be affected,i only got to know because of Onitsha south park,it also affect them
oilykid:

Wow.. the buildings will be knocked or what. What about the terminals he said that he was going to build

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.