Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

A Relationship With Dual Control - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Relationship With Dual Control (2224 Views)

Pls Why Do Beautiful Ladies End Up In A Relationship With An Ugly Guy / I Was In A Relationship With My Teacher Until Suddenly She Just..... / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Okay. Out of curiosity I just started this thread. Is it possible to find a Nigerian man/woman who could enter into a "marriage" that is a partnership with dual control. No one is superior to the other. Both are not bound by any medieval oath of faithfulness to each other. In addition, the woman does not take the man's name, and the man does not demand this. Both are financially independent of each other, and are only in the relationship for the sake of companionship.
Is this possible at all? opinions.

1 Like

Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by pendo89(f): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
sauer: Okay. Out of curiosity I just started this thread. Is it possible to find a Nigerian man/woman who could enter into a "marriage" that is a partnership with dual control. No one is superior to the other. Both are not bound by any medieval oath of faithfulness to each other. In addition, the woman does not take the man's name, and the man does not demand this. Both are financially independent of each other, and are only in the relationship for the sake of companionship.

LOL Funny the way you put that. I am not best placed to answer so I skip.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by slimyem: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
....that's a complete contract relationship.
That's not a marriage...if that word means a union of two people becoming one....
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by LordReed(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
sauer: Okay. Out of curiosity I just started this thread. Is it possible to find a Nigerian man/woman who could enter into a "marriage" that is a partnership with dual control. No one is superior to the other. Both are not bound by any medieval oath of faithfulness to each other. In addition, the woman does not take the man's name, and the man does not demand this. Both are financially independent of each other, and are only in the relationship for the sake of companionship.

This is not marriage in the traditional sense, more like cohabiting. People do it all the time but not for very long periods because there is nothing really 'binding' them.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by 190: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
OP - Kapital Letter NO

You know why - cos Most Nigerian girls are too busy
Thinkin or developing new strategies on how 2 steal or thief money
From their boyfriends, fiance or husbands

So dey aint gat time for wah u saying Man
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
pendo89:

LOL Funny the way you put that. I am not best placed to answer so I skip.
You must not skip, but answer! grin
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lord_Reed:

This is not marriage in the traditional sense, more like cohabiting. People do it all the time but not for very long periods because there is nothing really 'binding' them.
slimyem: ....that's a complete contract relationship.
That's not a marriage...if that word means a union of two people becoming one....
This is really not a contract relationship. Well, at least, it's not meant as such. Only the two parties have resolved that it's the best way to enjoy mutual benefits in the relationship. Must a marriage entail one depending an awful lot on the other? Can't people ever be independent?
I think with modernity a lot has got to change about the relationship between male and female. And it's not out-of-place for women to demand equal control in a relationship. As a man, I'd be willing to give this cos I find it understandable.

1 Like

Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by LordReed(m): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
sauer:

This is really not a contract relationship. Well, at least, it's not meant as such. Only the two parties have resolved that it's the best way to enjoy mutual benefits in the relationship. Must a marriage entail one depending an awful lot on the other? Can't people ever be independent?
I think with modernity a lot has got to change about the relationship between male and female. And it's not out-of-place for women to demand equal control in a relationship. As a man, I'd be willing to give this cos I find it understandable.

Sure you can delineate a relationship along such lines but it will take 2 people on a truly special wavelength to carry it out. With no 'bonds' how do they muster the patience to deal with problems? It sounds good on paper but we are talking humans here.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by slimyem: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
sauer:

capital YES!
...dunno about the awful part of that though....
There no point going round in circles.
You can't be in a marriage and be on your own (that's your theory...right?)
you'd have to be all up in each other's space one way or the other...you have to want to share anything and everything!
You have to want to be dependent on each other!
If you want independence,you had better stay outside marriage!
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Beync(f): 12:08am On Jul 07, 2012
This kind of relationship is not common in here. it may be peculiar with the wests.
our society doesnt allow women to be so much independent to fair all alone not even when she is married.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Mynd44: 12:59am On Jul 07, 2012
It is possible but rare as most people don't look for their equal when looking for a spouse
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2012
---
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
Isn't that the kind of relationship between Steadman and Oprah?
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by horny4u(f): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2012

What will join them together

SEXX
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by horny4u(f): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mynd_44: It is possible but rare as most people don't look for their equal when looking for a spouse

I swear I am not being sarcastic...

Why do people not look for their equal when looking for a life partner.

Birds of a feather nko?
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by claremont(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
This sounds like an 'open relationship' to me with the added benefit of financial independence of both parties. It is standard practise in some parts of the western world, but I strongly doubt if a Nigerian lady will agree to be a part of it; if you see such a lady, direct her my way bruv! grin
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Skii(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2012
I think it exists in some places already and it is called civil partnership
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Mynd44: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
horny4u:

I swear I am not being sarcastic...

Why do people not look for their equal when looking for a life partner.

Birds of a feather nko?
First of all, I said most not all. And secondly to answer you question, most men when searching for a spouse look for a woman they can dominate. A woman who they see as "submissive" and one which they can easily overpower emotionally and psychologically. This is because most men have ego issues.
Most Women on the other hand go for men who they can look up to not just financially but in almost everyway. Most women have install this damsel in distress attitude in them and so they believe a "real man" is one that is strong and shit like that.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
fresh_dude: Isn't that the kind of relationship between Steadman and Oprah?
Like you read my mind verbatim! wink
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by horny4u(f): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
First of all, I said most not all. And secondly to answer you question, most men when searching for a spouse look for a woman they can dominate. A woman who they see as "submissive" and one which they can easily overpower emotionally and psychologically. This is because most men have ego issues.
Most Women on the other hand go for men who they can look up to not just financially but in almost everyway. Most women have install this damsel in distress attitude in them and so they believe a "real man" is one that is strong and shit like that.

Thanks we learn everyday....

Not saying I agree o but I hear you and respect your point of view
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by JojoArmani(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
No for nigerians cos we re cultured people. But it might work in developed countries.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by doeeyed: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
Seems like a fwb scenario to me.
Walk in and Walk out as suits either person.

Definitely not co-habitation or contract marriage.

Out of ur fugue state?
cheesy
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
fresh_dude: Isn't that the kind of relationship between Steadman and Oprah?

Yeah but how many people can remain in such a partnership and not self-destruct either from over indulgence or sheer frustration? Besides since they are financial independent why live together? So many sticking points I wonder if it is worth the hassle. The formal marriage is way better IMHO.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by MrsChima(f): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2012

Yes. People have no idea how many marriages in this world that have similar format as you have mentioned. There are thousands of marriages practicing dual control methods and are together for decades. It is about communication and understanding. If you guys are established with what rules are to be followed and options to be tested in your marriage...it shouldn't affect anyone else nor your marriage.

The only surefire way to have LESS complication in your marriage is CONSTANT COMMUNICATION AND HONesty. It can be done and it has been done. It doesn't change your manhood nor womanhood unless you allow it of course.
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by pendo89(f): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
I think this can only thrive in a less judgemental society.

1 Like

Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by tellwisdom: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
Saucekid, Is that a relationship or Marriage?? It sounds more like a relationship undecided
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Mynd44: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2012
Is Saucekid a member of NL? This is nice. Ode
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by richy5(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mynd_44: Is Saucekid a member of NL? This is nice. Ode
Ode U call him....BIG mumu
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by tellwisdom: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
grin grin grin mumus
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Jojo Armani: No for nigerians cos we re cultured people. But it might work in developed countries.
Are Nigerians not people as well? Sometimes we forget it's about thinking and not people
Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes. People have no idea how many marriages in this world that have similar format as you have mentioned. There are thousands of marriages practicing dual control methods and are together for decades. It is about communication and understanding. If you guys are established with what rules are to be followed and options to be tested in your marriage...it shouldn't affect anyone else nor your marriage.

The only surefire way to have LESS complication in your marriage is CONSTANT COMMUNICATION AND HONesty. It can be done and it has been done. It doesn't change your manhood nor womanhood unless you allow it of course.
Actually that's it! Honesty and communication. Perhaps I forgot to add that these two will not cheat on each other. Once they feel less satisfied with the relationship there's room to walk away. Some may argue that the feelings of the other at that instant matter, but sometimes we have to understand that if someone does not want you there is not much you can do to sustain the relationship.

1 Like

Re: A Relationship With Dual Control by LordReed(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
sauer:
Actually that's it! Honesty and communication. Perhaps I forgot to add that these two will not cheat on each other. Once they feel less satisfied with the relationship there's room to walk away. Some may argue that the feelings of the other at that instant matter, but sometimes we have to understand that if someone does not want you there is not much you can do to sustain the relationship.

And that guarantees that they would enjoy a better relationship than if they were married?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Only!!! / Meet The Conjoined Twins Who Share Same BOYFRIEND / A Lady Can Lose The Man Designed For Her By Playing Hard/being Insultive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.