Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31863 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by legitcash(m): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2008
Hello  how u , nice pix u got there , i give u 80% , guess u are a calm type  just to live a comment about u , can u mail me on sclaz911@yahoo.com , i just want to chat with u, its very important and perosnal , or u send me ur e-mail lets talk
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by dillycool(f): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2008
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Nnenna1(f): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2009
i_don_land:

Also i believe we are where we are as a country due to mismanagement in the last 20years, the blame doesnt lie only on our leaders, it is the duty of the people who see a leader going wrong to speak up and let him know that they will not sit down and watch their futures be ruined. We have all failed as a people, we all sat back and enjoyed the stolen money, or the perks of having a corrupt society. I know a lot of people who say they never stole any money but yet they didnt pay their taxes, or they didnt do the little things that was required of them. Even the little things like following people to go on the wrong side of the street it all adds up to our me first mentality. We are all guilty of cutting corners so let us stop pointing fingers and turn towards ourselves and make a change from within, only then will our society start to improve.

Thank you for the truth.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2009
Seconded 100% !
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by aduje(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
Truly but not proudly Nigerian, thanks for the compilation. I think we should commence weekly publication of truly nigerian photo magazine.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by opeda: 3:14am On May 11, 2009
Thank God this article is titled the ügly side of lagos. Just like any other city in the world. lagos has her ugly side,

I wonder why the author of this piece has not considered it necessary to show the beautiful part of lagos.

It is a pity how some Nigerians portray their country. You are not under obligation to remain a Nigerian. Please leave Nigeria alone and face wherever you choose.

ope
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by sosisi(f): 3:15am On May 11, 2009
opeda:

Thank God this article is titled the ügly side of lagos. Just like any other city in the world. lagos has her ugly side,

I wonder why the author of this piece has not considered it necessary to show the beautiful part of lagos.

It is a pity how some Nigerians portray their country. You are not under obligation to remain a Nigerian. Please leave Nigeria alone and face wherever you choose.

ope

there's a thread on that and arnold is doing it some justice with his beautiful pics
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by opeda: 3:19am On May 11, 2009
Thanks Osis . If indeed this Egin is from Ondo state I make bold to say that the worst part of Lagos is the best part in Ondo or Ekiti State.

the difference between a successful person and an habitual failure is whereas the successful one sees opportunities the failure see nothing but failure. It is only natural
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by sosisi(f): 3:25am On May 11, 2009
Lagos has some pretty rotten places like every mega city especially in 3rd world countries e.g Bombay and Rio de janeiro
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by honeric01(m): 3:34am On May 11, 2009
$osisi:

Lagos has some pretty rotten places like every mega city especially in 3rd world countries e.g Bombay and Rio de janeiro

your job is to bring out the bad side of lagos to achieve what goal on the internet? undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by sosisi(f): 3:36am On May 11, 2009
mr honey can you get off my back
what's wrong with you?
am I the starter of the thread?
please if they sent you on this mothers day,tell them you didn't see me grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by honeric01(m): 4:01am On May 11, 2009
mrs osisi, maybe because i hate seeing u up this late when ur mate are sleeping besides their hubby tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by itismd(m): 9:38am On May 18, 2009
The Beautiful side of Lagos!! Dividends of good governance .
More pix  http://www.ngmix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1233&sid=5213779387259a2b799a60b27afca609

Cities do have slums. Have you seen the Movie "Slumdog millionaire"? The FG has recently demolished that ugly slum that was shown to the whole world via that movie.

Re-branding Nigeria starts with us!

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 10:41am On May 22, 2009
Sure hell Nigeria is a cursed country. It shames me personally and the entire African motherland to live with such a blasphemous outcast nation as Nigeria. God forbid and forgive this sinfull nation from His wrath.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by OneNaija(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2009
@Kenyanstar What do you mean? Explain much better. I hope what I am thinking because you lost some little sense.I don't blame you. I need your reply then I will know where to start with you.Do you want to me to spoil that your Kenya picture with slum and street beggar. I have been to Kenya. I know a lot and never you talk back on my country asshole.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 10:40am On May 23, 2009
"OneNaija" or whatever that means
I am so dissapointed that a purpotedly "literate" (which i highly refute) person can stoop to such low levels of abuse and utter disregard of possibly any self morals. I always respected Nigerians as people of high intelligence but whatever your comments instigated puts that into question. I am not trying to create any sinister remarks that might jeorpadise the importance of this thread but to indulgde you in a more intelligent manner rather than inexcusable outbursts such as yours. I wouldnt want to assume that you are a person of minimum intellect? Or are you.
Wishin you the best.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by JJYOU: 11:06am On May 23, 2009
Kenyanstar:

"OneNaija" or whatever that means
I am so dissapointed that a purpotedly "literate" (which i highly refute) person can stoop to such low levels of abuse and utter disregard of possibly any self morals. I always respected Nigerians as people of high intelligence but whatever your comments instigated puts that into question. I am not trying to create any sinister remarks that might jeorpadise the importance of this thread but to indulgde you in a more intelligent manner rather than inexcusable outbursts such as yours. I wouldnt want to assume that you are a person of minimum intellect? Or are you.
Wishin you the best.
Kenyanstar:

Sure hell Nigeria is a cursed country. It shames me personally and the entire African motherland to live with such a blasphemous outcast nation as Nigeria. God forbid and forgive this sinfull nation from His wrath.
what is the matter with you cursing nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 12:23pm On May 23, 2009
@JJYOU
I really appreciate it that for once i atleast i am talking to a level thinking Nigerian(assumption).
Any way if you read that statemnt clearly you will find that it was more of a figure of speech rather than cursing.
Thank you in advance
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 12:23pm On May 23, 2009
Kenyanstar:

@ Kenyanstar, so please tell me why you bothered to register yourself onto a Nigerian site?

Probably just to be deliberately controversial and cause trouble, like most of your countymen who frequent this site I suspect.

@ all, dont you see how none of these people who come on this site from other nationalities have commented on the Abuja thread (except sean21). They are simply not interested in seeing any good in Nigeria, even where it does exist. Most only come to this site in order to brag about their supposedly "perfect" country.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by honeric01(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2009
Their problem, i just don't understand all these african countries who hate on us that bad, what are we to them that they are so afraid of
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 1:34pm On May 23, 2009
@londoner
First of all londoner(Wherever you are London or Nigeria). I would like to clarify that my intentions on Nairaland are purely the same as your own intentions(assumingly). Your registered name "LONDONER" betrays your spirited defence of Nigeria because it seems your are sterotyped to western values other than Nigerian ones. I would please advise you to direct your comments westward(satirical that is) where it seems more valued to you than your own country.
Pliz feel free NOT to contact me.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 1:48pm On May 23, 2009
@honerca
To be frank with you and other Nigerians i think your social fabric is weaker to be fair. Aven't yu heard the phrase you deserve the leaders you select then elect. Some, not all of you mostly make out to be arrogant as ignorant as they come. Its better if all this negativity was directed to the evils in your political decaying rulers. I think yu now get what i mean.
Sorry for words that seem insulting.
With the best intentions
Feel free NOT to answer this
Thyanking you in advance
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 1:54pm On May 23, 2009
@Kenyan star, trying to sound educated to evade answering the question directly simply will not do.

If like you claim, you feel Nigeria to be a "blasphemous" and "outcast" national Why did you purposely seek to join this Nigerian site? especially as a kenyan.

In order to prevent any confusion, your intensions can never be the same as mine, because I dont feel that way about Nigeria or Nigerians.

Btw, my username is Londoner, because that is what I am, a Londoner. I was born and raised in London and that is where I have resided from birth till now.

Now, if you could provide me with the reason why you sought out this site, even though you feel so negatively about Nigeria, as a country, that would be a good start.

Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 2:21pm On May 23, 2009
@londoner
Trying to sound educated? I hope you meant something else other than schooling.
My intentions on joining this forum was, is, and still without any malice as such suggested by your implications!
About your identity? I understand your bitterness about being a "Londoner" by birth and being "Nigerian" in spirit. Denial is but a reality.
Unlike your over defensivness about joining and Reasons of soughting this site are best kept and left to me. I presume you get the drift.
Hope you are smart enough to read between the lines.
Thanking you in advance
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 2:31pm On May 23, 2009
@kenyanstar, I'm afaid I still dont get your drift, sounds like yet more evasive language.

What did you say your reasons for joining this site were again?

Its a very direct question.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 2:48pm On May 23, 2009
Hey London! Oooops! I meant LONDONER
The only evasive language here is that you sound hard to be clarified.
I seem to be torn between replying and implying on what exactly you want reasoned out.
Since i am an "african" i thought it best to educate Nigerians in order to eradicate this xenophobic fear you seem to be exihibing about fellow "africans" though you are in London. Hmmn. By the way, choosing Kenyan star as my username merely doesnt suggest that i am kenyan.
Please do refrain from repeating questions which end up confusing your initial interest at first.
Thanking you in advanvce.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 3:02pm On May 23, 2009
Let sleeping dogs,
Finally as the banner suggests Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) sure is ugly.
For whoever posted this thread really did justice to himself and his people. For you rectify the past to correct for the future.
Anway Nigerians are becoming an enlightened people thus disregarding the thoughts of thos who imply i am an "Enemy" for desiring to see a fellow Brother succeed
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by OneNaija(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2009
Lagos

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 3:32pm On May 23, 2009
@Kenyanstar, right ok, so you are here to "educate Nigerians"   lol, and what exactly are you educating us about?

Its difficult to see how someone who dislikes Nigeria/ns can have any genuine desire to "educate" us, lol

Since as you say you are an "African" and feel you should educate Nigerians, should I presume you are going round the sites of other nationalities in order to spread such  valuable "education" to them also, lol, or is just Nigerians alone that need such in your opinion?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kenyanstar: 5:40pm On May 23, 2009
@londoner
It is with much regret that your understanding of English seems to be sparse.
I would like you to please abstain from distorting my statements which tends to potray me as a xenophobic person.
Your questions seem deranged from the real issues and either intentionally or purposley you seem to ignore the statements as is, was is in its originality.
Last but not least i want to acquent you with the other meaning of Education in its capacity either informally or formally learnt. Its not neccessarilly through a regular schooling system that you can be educated. So please invest in a dictionary vis a vis .
With my regards
thanx
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by londoner: 7:14pm On May 23, 2009
@kenyanstar,

You  already revealed your state of mind as far as Nigerians in your early post, so your attempt to backtrack is unecessary.
You made yourself sound xenophobic all by yourself and I find it amusing you are now playing the victim.

[quote author=Kenyanstar link=topic=98768.msg3905785#msg3905785 date=1242985297]
[quote][/quote]

^^^^^, And you claim I am making you look like a xenophobic person, that is laughable to say the least, lol
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by honeric01(m): 7:58am On May 24, 2009
This Kenyanstar sound so delusional,

Your first post is still there to haunt you, so no matter how you sound, we know why you are here just like the rest of your kind that come here for one PURPOSE, you know it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.