Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31860 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
yewa-man  ,  you ask what happen to lagos,  You should really ask what happen to Yorubaland in general,  Oppression by the military from IBB to Abacha,  when we tried to bring democrazy to Nigeria,  They strave our land of money and anything good.  They introduce policy to kill the human in us,  What happen you said again,  they introduce a useless zoning policy that does not take into consideration population, 

What happen again you said,  They introduce taxes policy that took away any means of income to the state,  I can boost ,, And if the Anybody in the Nigeria govt can oppose me,  that Yorubaland contribute at least 80% of the non oil revenues based on the inform we have,,  but ask what did we get in turn ,  Nothing,  They use every means to denial us what is legally ours, 

Tell me where in the world  that they use zoning to distribute resources.

Yewa-man you ask again,  Go and ask Yar Adua and David mark, bankole why they do not want 4 new state to correct the Inbalance and injustice done to the Yorubas by IBB and Abacha.   Your answer is as good as mine to continue the oppression against the Yorubas.

http://NigeriaONE.com

compare Schools in Lagos to schools in abuja

www.nairaland.com/attachments/57360_lagosschool1_jpg40ca92fcb8d010d5e60baf053c19ecd6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57361_lagosschool2_jpg1c41edb9e149317c4089abf7b0e44484
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57362_lagosschool3_jpg0f42ca630433b6f768d225dad3e121a2

See Abuja school and compare,

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yewaman1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2007
Oga Peteroby, what do mean yorubas should be held responsible for the mess in Lasgidi (Lagos)
are they the only tribe living there, you probably forgot that all the major and minor tribes are found
in Lagos. I understand that most of the desendants of the slaves that returned to Africa after the
abolishsion of Slave trade settled in Lagos.

It is not a tribe thing but an individual thing.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2007
Ignor him, yewa-man,   

Here is a famour quote of Chief obafemi Awolowo, he said

""" Violence and injustice never settles anything right: apart from injuring your own soul, it injures the best cause. It lingers on long after the object of hate has disappeared from the scene to plague the lives of those who have employed it against their foes."""

What you are seen in Lagos and other Yorubaland is the after effect of injustices by IBB and Abacha,  that need to be corrected. The question is ask President Yar Adua and David Mark why they are opposite to correcting this Injustice. Is it not because they want the injustice to continue.

http://NigeriaONE.com
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kamuzu(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2007
nna, na my people spoil Lagos pass. Take a visit to Ladipo and see for yourselves.
you will not wish to return there soon.
Lets give it to the Ibos.!!!  grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2007
yewa-man., I would like to point to another famour quote of Chief Obafemi Awolowo 

""those who make peaceful change impossible makes violent change inevitable"

If they do not correct the injustice,  This famour Awolowo quote would come to past. Those who are greed, the yorubas would say, would end up with nothing. This is the law of God.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kemjisuper(m): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2007
I still wonder why some Lagos-bred guys and chics take pride in bragging about the place, and are always looking forward to going back there. Maybe it's cos' they're not used to living in peaceful serene environments as opposed to the filth of Lagos?

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yewa-man., I would like to point to another famour quote of Chief Obafemi Awolowo

""those who make peaceful change impossible makes violent change inevitable"

If they do not correct the injustice, This famour Awolowo quote would come to past. Those who are greed, the yorubas would say, would end up with nothing. This is the law of God.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Allwell(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2007
IMPEACH OUR LEADERS NOW! i MEAN RIGHT NOW!!!!! All of 'em!! shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by fawwyb(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2007
i love those hurrible pictures, they show how my dear country looks like (at least 60%). Home my sweet home, i will never forget you even if you are hell on earth tongue.
Thanks egin, i have one of those pictures as my computer screen saver now tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Soundmind(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
Elsewhere, democracy is governnment of the people, for the people and by the people, in Nigeria, democracy is government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.
If they cannot manage us, they should allow us to divide.
Now, monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. God have mercy on us.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by eezzy(f): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
embarassed embarassed The unfortunate thing is that such sad scenes happen mainly in
Africa south of the Sahara and north of the Limpopo because of the 'me
first' mentality of our leaders who have a bottomless pit appetite for wealth
while thinking nothing of the citizens.  Look at Zimbabwe, Congo, Somalia,
and many other African countries, it is just pathetic.

Our leaders would rather work with westerners to exploit natural resources for
their own gain than use modern technology and employ local labour and know-how
for the good of all.  aaah! the whole thing just breaks my heart.

@soundmind
This mentality you describe is not just in Nigeria, but in evey African country save
for maybe south Africa and the north African countires, but with the imminent appointment of
Zuma in south Africa with his track record, they may soon join the rest of us!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by freelance(m): 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2007
Those are really ugly pictures but its the sad truth. May God help us and give us good leaders in Nigeria.

Cheers!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kamuzu(m): 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2007
someone has cleared last post! what is going on here?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by babasin(m): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2007
Seun and an Hacker were at work; fighting.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by salinco(m): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2007
Na'waoooooooooooooooo angry sad shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by fawwyb(m): 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ eezzy, are you in South Africa? You know much about SA. You are right, SA may soon join if care is not taken with their Zuma of a guy.
Cheers
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Chigotex(f): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
Quite an eyesore, is a pity that we er still at this level at this age and era. Those attacking the people who beleive that only prayers can help and my good friend who said all hope is lost, I will say all hope is not lost yet. it's really bad, but God can restore this great nation. It can still happen in our generation.

We blame the Government for everything, though the share 80% of the blame for not doing what they should do. But masses have our own share, It's not the Government official that blocked the drainage with dirts but people leaving on those streets.

We should do our own part of the work, pray that God intervanes in this countires case. I believe many are already doing that, an dGod will definetly answer. For our Governmant, I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE TIME TO VIEW THIS KIND OF SITE TO SEE THE INSULT THEIR INABILITIES AND GREEDINESS ARE CAUSING THIS COUNTRY!

MAY GOD HELP US.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Abedisi(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
Na wah o! I am out of here.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by seun001(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2007
Chigotex:

Quite an eyesore, is a pity that we er still at this level at this age and era. Those attacking the people who beleive that only prayers can help and my good friend who said all hope is lost, I will say all hope is not lost yet. it's really bad, but God can restore this great nation. It can still happen in our generation.

We blame the Government for everything, though the share 80% of the blame for not doing what they should do. But masses have our own share, It's not the Government official that blocked the drainage with dirts but people leaving on those streets.

We should do our own part of the work, pray that God intervanes in this countires case. I believe many are already doing that, an dGod will definetly answer. For our Governmant, I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE TIME TO VIEW THIS KIND OF SITE TO SEE THE INSULT THEIR INABILITIES AND GREEDINESS ARE CAUSING THIS COUNTRY!

MAY GOD HELP US.

if the govt had thot it fit to provide stable disposal procedures then penalise anybody that refuses to adhere to it then i dont see why we wont have a saner environment.

the point is knowing u will be punished for violating any law but in nigeria opposite is the case.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by environ: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2007
really these sights are appauling, men i cant believe that this is lagos, well anyway fellow nairalanders, the truth is no leader would ever be concerned about these things i am telling you the truth.this sights you are seeing are business advantages to many, do u no dat u can change those waste to biogas and sell unadulterated diesel to the public without using crude oil.
this is a reality so stop seeing the problem see the solution.a lebanese man walked the streets of lagos and all he was saying was shit!, then someone asked him sir why do u say shit as u walk and he said EVERYTIME I WALK THE STREETS OF NIGERIA, I SEE 1 MILLION DOLLARS UNTAPPED ON THE STREETS,
THINK CAREFULLY
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2007
where is my ikoyi, lekki and maryland? undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by FactorChic(f): 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
Even with all d problem at hand, some fool here has t he guts to talk about Yoruba ppl, na Yoruba ppl cause all dis dirtiness for Lagos? na only Yoruba ppl dey live for Lagos? Infact, u are mentally chanllenged! angry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by weebee(f): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
It really beats me hands down to see people screaming and
condeming the poster for posting those pics in a public forum.
What is there to hide in the first place, its everywhere for the world to see even without the pictures the level of poverty could be seen from people walking on the streets.
The one that really pained me to the marrow is the realisation that Nigeria is not a poor country.  It is a real pity that people are living in abject poverty in the midst of plenty.
Our problem is our leaders. We have enough resources to cater for our needs but we dont have good leaders to manage these resources to the benefit of the general masses.
The pictures simply displayed greed, selfishness, lack of feelings, Insensitivity, Self-centeredness, lack of love, lack of pity, insensitivity, level of corruption, laziness, etc and not poverty.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mel4real(f): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2007
Nigeria is a great country. God help us all!!!
It is not about just condemning the leaders and all but we all have a part to play in changing this country. LET US PRAY!!!! At least u don't need money to do this abi smiley
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by shreks(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
What i would like to know is the motive behind the pasting of these photographs. Is it to make nigerians look bad, to stir an uproar or cause a change. Cause i don't see the point.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by osmanbello(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2007
Nothing to be proud of cry

[img]http://www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu/news/2006/images/slum_nigeria_400.jpg[/img]

I am sure I can find plenty of pictures of ANY city in the world with images as bad as these .

Anyone taken a walk down Brixton or Southall in the last week ?? (London) the slums are not quiet as bad as Lagos but my city IS a totall shit -pit lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by redsun(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
This is absolute madness and at the same time it shows man's ability to adapt to so-called bacterias.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Abedisi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Redsum,

I was in Nigeria months back and i stayed in the Ghetto for months and guess what? It made me stronger and i was not sick, We adapt.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by xammy(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
Nah which can life be this?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by omoge(f): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2007
ewwww ewwwwww ewwwww embarassed

Post more, grin
home sweet home
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by ifyalways(f): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2007
i refuse to belive that this is the pix of my lagos. undecided lagos that i have always dreamt of as a kid.lagos with big fat breads and nice nice aunties.lagos where they build houses on top houses,lagos where money flows on the road,lagos the capital of nigeria,lagos cry cry cry oh my lagosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

is this really my lagos ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by osmanbello(m): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2007
Ok here are some more embarassed

Yes its all on the internet for the world to see undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.