Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31862 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by MrInfo1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
na wa o
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kosiie: 8:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
anusule:

bt, em, the pics look too harsh. grin see that one showing tires and garbage under the bridge, Jesus!! lagos nawa.

i wont be suprised if there are dead bodies and human parts there o
na only God go help us
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
SeXy~DiVa:

Well this is still Ralvy, I searched your database and logged into someone's account. . .
Shows how Nairaland lacks security!

@I-man;
You're so sensless, I think you should have been d c u m yo mama should have swallowed . .

are you serious? shocked shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by uspry1(f): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2007
SeXy~DiVa:

Well this is still Ralvy, I searched your database and logged into someone's account. . .
Shows how Nairaland lacks security!

Really, you hacked someone's account accessing to Nairaland! shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by dtwsola(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
uspry1:

Really, you hacked someone's account accessing to Nairaland! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Don't tell me you actually believe that. He/she probably is using this has an aternate profile, or had the password already. Seun probably only bans profiles, and not ip addresses, so it is an easy thing to do.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by faketan(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
Sexy-diva
You look more like an Indian girl. Are u Indian or. . .?

Who is talking about these pictures getting to the newspaper when they were actually culled from a newspaper.

Check out TH NEWS if you want to see more.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by ono(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
An Indian hacker on Nairaland?. . . . .
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
are we safe? shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Tats(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
ono:

An Indian hacker on Nairaland?. . . . .

Well, what Ralvy seems to be saying is that he or she hacked into sexy~diva's account and is using it to post messages. So where did sexy~diva go wrong that made her account vulnerable? She seems to have engaged in a discussion or sought info/advice from Ralvy before. Is her password relatively easy for a good computer expert to determine or is Ralvy a guru? I need answers please.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by wendymanda: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
Personally I think that Ralvy knows her or is infact her. If by any chance Ralvy can prove he hacks, why not hack into my account and use my id. I dare you, Ralvy or Sexy- Diva.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
im sitting back enjoying this, cheesy grin
i dare him too grin grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by FactorChic(f): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2007
Na wa o grin
I remember those houses wey be say small rain go fall dem go just collapse, dem go con put sign on it THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE

LOL cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by ono(m): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
wendymanda:

Personally I think that Ralvy knows her or is infact her. If by any chance Ralvy can prove he hacks, why not hack into my account and use my id. I dare you, Ralvy or Sexy- Diva.

I think so too. . . . .
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by uspry1(f): 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2007
I checked Ralvy's profile under Nairaland google, yes he did posting here about how to crack the software.

It sound scary comes to my mind: Is Ralvy really hacker?

I remembered somewhere Seun told a warning if someone post about illegal stuff that will be banned.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
AN INDIAN HACKER ON NAIRALAND.

IS THAT A NIGERIAN SAYING THAT? LMFAO
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2007
sexydiva, a srilankan babe
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Lady2(f): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
First of all WOW!!!!!!!!!

Second to get Lagos better, people need to relocate elsewhere.
The city is overpopulated.
Our problem is that when we hear of one great place, we all rush there looking for bread and butter. This is not the Lagos I saw when I visited before moving to the U.S.
The land mass isn't even enough to hold everyone.

Third, our people need to come up with solutions and charge the government to fulfill the solutions.

Last, can someone please go to Yar'Adua and tell him that arms are not what the Niger Delta people need?
They need jobs and better structure.
Nigeria needs to make the oil companies train and hire the indigenes of Niger Delta, that will help alleviate the problem of unemployment.
Nigeria also needs to charge the companies on cleaning up the spilled oil.
Nigeria should charge the oil companies to fund the building of roads and highways and the upkeep of them.
Nigeria should not allow tankers to roam the streets as if they are regular cars, because they are not, they are dangerous. Because roads and highways are not developed enough for these tankers to raom in the day, they should only roam at night when traffic is at a minimum.
?do the tankers fill up the stations during the day or at night? if during the day, they shouldn't be allowed to do so.
These companies owe Nigeria a great debt and they should pay.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mazaje(m): 12:26am On Dec 06, 2007
Why are people screaming and shouting as if this is something new? seems like most of the nigerians in diaspora on nairaland have really been out of nigeria for a very long time, 70% of lagos looks like this so why are people complianing as if its some sabotage on Nigeria's image? These pictures depict the daily realities of an average Nigerian, what do you expect to see from a country that has over 70 million people living below the poverty line?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by wendymanda: 12:55am On Dec 06, 2007
Last, can someone please go to Yar'Adua and tell him that arms are not what the Niger Delta people need?
They need jobs and better structure.
Nigeria needs to make the oil companies train and hire the indigenes of Niger Delta, that will help alleviate the problem of unemployment.
Nigeria also needs to charge the companies on cleaning up the spilled oil.
Nigeria should charge the oil companies to fund the building of roads and highways and the upkeep of them.
Nigeria should not allow tankers to roam the streets as if they are regular cars, because they are not, they are dangerous. Because roads and highways are not developed enough for these tankers to raom in the day, they should only roam at night when traffic is at a minimum.
?do the tankers fill up the stations during the day or at night? if during the day, they shouldn't be allowed to do so.
These companies owe Nigeria a great debt and they should pay.

I wanted to start a topic on "What has Yar'Adua done for Nigeria since his election" but I don't know how to start topics neither do I have time to find out the ease with which it can be done.
Anyhow I love the points you have raised. Do you know how much other countries charge companies to help them? Why won't the Nigerian government make some companies help. Even the litter problem in Lagos looks disasterous. Also the government could try to stop the importation of stupid electronics that pollute as no one can use them. Outdated fridges that are illegal in other countries are brought to Nigeria.
I was watching how the 419 people get American email addresses and tap into information because people send old, useless computers down there and if they can get any use out of it why not use it to rob others.
Another thing I liked was that the government should make those companies try and employ Nigerians. Sometimes I wander if the government officials even have the brain capacity of birds. Think about it, why instead of having those companies employ people from their country to build roads, why don't we employ ourselves. So that when those people leave we can fix it ourselves. We hear and jump for joy when we hear Japan or China is working for Nigeria or Africa. All those countries are doing are a new form of colonization where they tap into our resources with us making very little profit. Maybe because we are so used to not gaining very much in return we are happy as they are not holding a whip and calling us derogatory names. Why can't we easily go to those countries and get work since we are in 'so close' a business relationship.

I know of some stupid Nigerians that come to America and want to start business. These business men that have maybe primary school education are in the business of taking back crap to Nigeria. I know this one that wants to take used cars. When I say used cars I mean the ne you buy for $500 and use for a few months. I kept thinking are you helping or hurting your country. We already have reckless idiots for drivers, not enough or no traffic lights, now more comotion with those health hazards.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Jdesigns(m): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2007
mazaje:

Why are people screaming and shouting as if this is something new? seems like most of the nigerians in diaspora on nairaland have really been out of nigeria for a very long time, 70% of lagos looks like this so why are people complianing as if its some sabotage on Nigeria's image? These pictures depict the daily realities of an average Nigerian, what do you expect to see from a country that has over 70 million people living below the poverty line?

well agreed.

talk good of urself if you want others to talk good of you.
all other counties also have their own downs so why shout as if it is only nigeria that has the ugly side.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by paddylo1(m): 1:44am On Dec 06, 2007
I think u guys are seeing 2 sides of the same coin. . .when nigerians in the US come home we see things as the cup being half full because we know firsthand how there is poverty and hopelessness also in the states. . .pips live on credit,children in poverty,and so on. . we know its not easy anywhere you go. . .but people back home(esp. those without jobs),also see it as half empty,so therein lies the problem,i have no problem wit these pics,only that you will find the same in any 2nd or 3rd world country anywhere in the world,from brazil to indonesia,and in the so called first world countrys,the poverty is kind of like abuja,outside is shiny but the people live on debt,and suicide is an epidemic. . .among rich and poor alike
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Dec 06, 2007
paddy_lo:

I think u guys are seeing 2 sides of the same coin. . .when nigerians in the US come home we see things as the cup being half full because we know firsthand how there is poverty and hopelessness also in the states. . .pips live on credit,children in poverty,and so on. . we know its not easy anywhere you go. . .but people back home(esp. those without jobs),also see it as half empty,so therein lies the problem,i have no problem wit these pics,only that you will find the same in any 2nd or 3rd world country anywhere in the world,from brazil to indonesia,and in the so called first world countrys,the poverty is kind of like abuja,outside is shiny but the people live on debt,and suicide is an epidemic. . .among rich and poor alike

uummm, HUH
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by azorjiu(m): 1:48am On Dec 06, 2007
Some of these pictures are really funny. The inscription on the wall, this house is not for sale, indicates that there are still buyers. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by MP007(m): 2:32am On Dec 06, 2007
i wont be surprised if some lagosians are stil living in that half-collapsed story building, "we will manage it", na wa ooo
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Dec 06, 2007
MP007:

i wont be surprised if some lagosians are stil living in that half-collapsed story building, "we will manage it", na wa ooo

I was going to ask but decided it would only depress me more if my suspicions were confirmed. Sad!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Nwaka77: 2:55am On Dec 06, 2007
shocked Chei! so Lagos is still the way I remember it? Na wa o!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by chiegemba(f): 3:05am On Dec 06, 2007
Guess dat's life for you!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by davidif: 3:14am On Dec 06, 2007
where are our leaders when you need them, Lagos is a cesspool of diseases and poverty instead of this guys trying to fix the once great state of lagos, they are bickering over unnecessary things. To whom much has been given much is required, this guys have so much and instead of taking of there constituents they are engaged in unnecessary arguements and during the weekends "alaye" parties what a shame. This guys should try to pass meaningful bills to clean up lagos and invest in Agriculture and education. After the oil boom of the 70's nigeria stopped investing in Agriculture as a result, people from the rural areas started flooding the cities for jobs which unfortunately didn't exist as a result they ended up engaging in social vices for survival.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Fortunately, Nigeria's problems although ernomous are easy to solve, all you need is good governance which might never happen until the people wake up from there apathy.
[color=#006600][/color]Solution
The state should create free education and free healthcare schemes in the rural areas as a means of depopulating the city and should start local industries like textile industries, food processing plants and other low tech industries. Also, the govt should heavily subsidise agriculture in the state, especially the production of food crops but at the same time encouraging farmers to grow cash crops like cocoa which should be used for exports. They should also create roads to the rural areas to make them self sufficient, also they should place high property taxes on residential homes and businesses in the cities to discourage people from living in the cities, at the same time creating tax incentives and bonuses in the rural areas, the govts should abolish property taxes in the rural areas. When people see how expensive real estate in the rural areas are compared to the cities, and also the high standard of education and infrastructure they would "follow the money".
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by davidif: 3:26am On Dec 06, 2007
Lagos is worse than the colonial days if not worse. This is from a woman who went to naija during the 50's.
http://eryptick.net/unisold/amj/nigeria-1951/nigeria-diary.html
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by odada(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2007
*subscribing to thread* *reading thread* *pictures shocked shocked shocked* *unsubscribe*

@poster
When you are done showing all the bad stuff can you please show the good suff too so we all know that at least there's still some sanity and serene places in lagos?and while you are at it you might just want to tell us if there arent slums or ugly places like that in any major city around the world?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by wendymanda: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2007
When you are done showing all the bad stuff can you please show the good suff too so we all know that at least there's still some sanity and serene places in lagos?and while you are at it you might just want to tell us if there arent slums or ugly places like that in any major city around the world?
I think why the poster has shown pictures of the "bad stuff" is because regular and poor people live in those areas while the "good stuff" is hoarded for tourists and the rich. Now if we were to go around showing "good stuff" wouldn't you agree that it is an unjust disregard for the common man? Many of the big cities around the world don't use cardboardesque decorations to blind the tourist whilst others are ravishing? They try and make the big city evenly magestic.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by odada(m): 6:21am On Dec 06, 2007
So whats your point?by showing showing all these pictures what aim does the poster hope to achieve?

Seun said he should take the pictures to the media houses,maybe when its published on the front page it would gain recognition!I think the poster should do just that,displaying it here on NL is of no value cause we all know about places like that in lagos and even worse embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.