Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31867 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by naijawebe(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
What a disgrace to a nation of about 140 million people. Our politicians live in Palaces while the less privileged wander in self pity. This is the supposed epic center of Africa. I weep for my country, and etteh was to renovote her official resident with 600 + million Naira, and never was she ever probed. Papa Iyabo has done his damage, what then do we expect from Baba Malam?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Carlosein(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
diva_naija:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SEUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST You POST THIS KINDA TOPIC (PICS) ON NAIRALAND HOME PAGE EH

SO THE WHOLE WORLD CAN LAUGH,MOCK AND PITY NIGERIA ABI??

angry angry angry angry

me thinks postings can be anywhere as long as they represent the true picture and these pictures are indeed REAL.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by jerrymania(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
emmydee:

The worst thing about my country Nigeria is that the promised end of her plight is nowhere near our generation. if with all the billions of dollars the nation makes, we cannot build this nation to upgrade the living status of the common man even at this level of understanding, then hope is essentially lost. I confirmed that this nation is gone the day I read that a world body, whether IMF or World Bank listed my own proud country as among the "FAILED" Nations in the world. It's amazing because, if a nation is marked as "failed" that includes the fact that nothing good, as in absolutely nothing good can come out it. So, whatever one can do as an individual to live above minimum standard should be done by that individual. Suen has plugged in to assist himself. others should find a way as well. do not expect the present ruling class to assist in bringing any form of improvement in your finances. Do it your self or you die expecting! grin cheesy shocked cool

I feel you brova. Dont worry i would be great, u would become great, we all would, and we will live longer. Lets continue to stand for what is right and i guess when we are actually famous and wield powers then we can come together in this same Nairaland and create changes for ourselves. but we all should begin the way it is going now, step by step. Revolutions doesnt just happen overnight
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by divanaija1: 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
angry  angry  am outta here!!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by dominobaby(f): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
lipsrsealed i comment my reserve!

L A G O S!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by tinkerbery(f): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
Egin ,  thanks for the pics,   grin grin grin you better come back and join the trend of   adjusting. its what makes Lagos a place to be  damm proud of,  if you know what i mean wink wink wink and diva_nija!! leaving would not change anything.from now till hell freezes over!!!!!! this is LAGOS honey grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by redsun(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2007
It is disgrace to humanity,worst of all is that people think it's normal because that is what they are born into,it's been registered in the brain and immune system that it is a way of life,orientation.
Situations like reminds me of Idiagbon,he was an angel who wanted to inculcate common sense in nigerians,it will only take an iron hand to change the mentality of people that live like that,even rats take more pride in their enviroments than so-called humans,talk of beavers,of termites,spider,ants,even birds, they put in more innitiatives and efforts to make their habitat and surronding better than we humans,they design,construct,maintain,demolish and rebuild.
Poverty is not filth,you don't have to be rich to be clean,it is part of human instint to maintain and live in a descent enviroment,so if you don't have it,you better question your being;Apart from short period of Idiagbon regime,nigeria has never had a goverment,you can't have a goverment in a place that look like this and the people as well,should begin to look beyond their noses and see themselves as human beings,some how people deserve the goverment they get,because the same circle of retardment are same people that eventually grab political offices.so it's vicious circle that we need to break away from and teach the children a new message,a message of mere common sense and accountability,it will only take one generation to change things for good.'
Some times i wonder why we should be angry when people like watson call us names,niggas.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by egin(m): 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2007
If any Nairalander has any "good" pic that shows the ugly side of Lagos,
please post.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by egin(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2007
People still live in old buildings like this at Mafoluku, Oshodi. Photo: EMMA OSODI

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by uche1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
i love naija :p
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by dtwsola(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2007
This thread is kind of silly. It doesn't take much searching to see the ugly side of Lagos. In fact as soon as you get out of MMA, you can see it all around you. It is completely unavoidable. If Lagos was thought of as some sort of paradise, then I'd understand. But people all over the world already have low expectations of Lagos, Nigeria. And if you ask me, the pics in the Lagos skyline thread are not very impressive in the first place. Unlike the Kenya thread which was a very impressive. So I just don't see the point of this thread.

Despite it all, Lagos still my favourite place in all of Naija, and no other state even compares.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
Why are some people making these pictures such a big deal?
I'm not embarrassed. Why should you be? It's just dirt. It's just poverty. It's just life!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by redsun(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ egin,this last picture is just kind of weird.Poor little kids.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by want2know: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2007
mile 12 here

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Amiga(f): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2007
It's pity,
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by MrInfo1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
i see some sense in what he said
but am not beefing U
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
take down the pictures!!! grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by 9ja4eva: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
Why would one post these kind of pictures online?Have you found pics of ghettos in other parts of the world?We need to uphold our own and stop dese kind of things
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by seun001(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
those pics are really bad but still,the pics are true and its his site he can decide to allow anything to be posted.y should we hide it,so we should continue suffering and smiling, abi no sir
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Iman3(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
Nerve:

And y did u remove my post:
leave it let them read!

Some Nigerians are so stupid. . .
Seun, let this not bring an end to Nairaland. . .
If this is reported to the right authorities, legal action can be taking against u and may be threatened. . .
In that case your forum will have to go down because the company hosting your forum can be contacted
Nothing can be done in such a sitiuation because, your dear forum has no moderators.
Man think, this is not right . . .

your name is Seun, but I doubt your a Nigerian . . .
Other countries try their possible best to promote their countries name. . .
But here in Nigeria, Some outsider searches for pictures showing the ugly side of Nigeria and puts them on a public forum where other Nationalities can see. . . .

This Topic should better be moved to the recycle Bin or necessary action will be taking. .

grin grin grin grin A proud advocate of ostrich mentality making his case. . . . . .even threatening legal action. grin
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by MrInfo1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2007
9ja4eva:

Why would one post these kind of pictures online?Have you found pics of ghettos in other parts of the world?We need to uphold our own and stop dese kind of things
imagine, he just ban a guy for commenting om how bad the picture's are
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
Egin, if those pictures are yours, nice. What camera did you use for those?? Looks really cool. Please tell me what Camera you are using there and what type of lens please. I got to get me one of those.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by seun001(m): 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
so if am a seun then what?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by SmartNaija(m): 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
Many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
If these pictures can make their way o the front pages of Nigerian newspapers,
the governor and his underlings maybe motivated to take their work more seriously. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by wendymanda: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
People get angry when the truth is revealed. Deceiving ourselves about the reality of Lagos will not change the fact that it is almost a health hazard. Last Thursday Robert F. Kenedy came to talk to my school about the environment. At some point he made the comparison what what a shame that America almost has as much air pollution as Nigeria. I was so embarrassed, upset and angry that I walked out of the lecture. I knew he was talking the truth but I did not want my friends to know that the country I rave so much about has more problems than America. We might be ashamed and want to ignore it but the truth will come out and it is better we prepare ourselves than to live in denial until someone we were hoping would be the last to find out, finds out.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by uspry1(f): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
Why you feel ashamed showing those pictures public? Nothing wrong with showing poverty pictures.

I have seen MANY MANY MANY other foreign countries including USA displaying their poverty pictures everywhere.

GOOGLE! GOOGLE! GOOGLE!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2007
bt, em, the pics look too harsh. grin see that one showing tires and garbage under the bridge, Jesus!! lagos nawa.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kpomkwem(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
And to think that US president Bush is visiting Nigeria next month (January 2008). YarAdua should take him on a tour of Lagos (and other dilapidated cities).
Hey folks, at this rate, what do you think Nigeria will be like in 10 years time? 20 years time? 50 years time?

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
jst googled dis

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
Please take down that HORRIBLE picture. LMAO!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by anusule(m): 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
e-waste dumpsite shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight / Air Niugini Plane Lands In The Ocean, Overshoots Runway In Micronesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.