Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309038 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
dtabimbola: @ Yvete, imperiousxxx...
Thanks U all for ur encouraging words, indeed, visa denial is not d end of d world... No suicide mood ooo, just kinna joke, though it was a pathetic expetience anyway.
Pls can I stil get expedite date bfor Jan. 15th [sku resumption date] and are mine to use the same I-20 and other existing documents.. Or I should just take fate and patiently prepare for Summer or Fall next yr. Reality is what I need now.
@yvete... Dnt be to ashed or ascerbic on ur words, u dnt kn d circumstances behind individual post.
Thanks 4understding.

Try request for an emergency date and if all isn't working....God's time is the best my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
fadinus:
There's peace bro, yvete and mumacita are both my paddys, notin dey happen...ONE LOVE!

Good to hear that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mamacita007:
oga imperrioux how far nau? lool tel ur friend to kip some for u lol
keep up the good work my brother. God bless uu.

She no dey answer me, she don chop am finish alone. I dey now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Snazzygirl: Thanks all ....more blessing IJN.

@S-beauty, I don't know much about HND so ...do u think ur HND certificate would have made u a competitive candidate for M.sc?
If not, then that's ur answer. Just tell d V.O, u spoke with some admission officers and u were told [b]ur HND certificate isn't enuf 2 make u a competitive candidate for M.S[/b]c so u were advised to transfer ur credits, get a B.Sc and then apply. Hope dis helps ...cheers!

Instantly VO will likely smell rat. They've seen alot, many HND students now in US passed through them, also the VOs are inline with their home country(US) admission system.

s-beauty:

Morning all,
Need a very good answer to this question just in case it is being asked ..
I have an HND(in chemistry precisely),
So I transferred my credit to get a Bsc still in chemistry..,before I proceed for my Msc,
So if Vo ask, why Bsc, not post graduate ..(got some points myself bt no man is an island)
Thanks.,

@sexy-beauty,

The best I will suggest is to use Yvete's big cousin's tactic saying you're going for a BS to upgrade your BS grade since you can't go for a MS in Chem in US with such grades. Though I don't know your BS CGPA. Also you can say you chose career path in Biochem (just like me) and such isn't offered in polytechnic in Nigeria, therefore, you chose a BS in Chemstry (Biochem option...This isn't necessarily be on your I-20 because MS in Biochem is given as MS in Chem here in US) to take some prerequisites needed for your loved Biochem and to be inline with your MS in Biochem in the nearest future. You need to scope the VO abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 23, 2012
Hi everyone
Newbie here...think you guys are doing a great job

@imperioux pls would like to know how much a wes evaluation costs as it would go a long way in determining the schools I'll apply to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:05am On Dec 23, 2012
ebdib: Hi everyone
Newbie here...think you guys are doing a great job

@imperioux pls would like to know how much a wes evaluation costs as it would go a long way in determining the schools I'll apply to.

Order/History:
Service Level: WES ICAP
Click on the reference number (first column) to review your earlier order details.
Reference No. Order Type Order Date Status Amount Paid Balance Due
xxxxxxx Evaluation - April 20, 2011 Completed $209.00 $0.00
Course by Course
(Initial Application)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:12am On Dec 23, 2012
Watch the following video from Department of Homeland Security. It will clearly explain what you can expect at Port of Entry. What you will see in the video is what you will experience while at port of entry. Generally first time travelers will be nervous about POE.

Having US Visa stamping doesn’t mean you will be allowed to enter into US. You have to pass through Immigration and Customs at Port of Entry, before you are allowed into U.S.A.

US Port of Entry
The immigration inspector will be checking the documents for authenticity and to be sure you are the same person who qualified for the visa.
After your admittance is approved, the inspector will give the Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, the I-20 and your passport page noting the date, place of entry, status as F-1 and period of admission which should be D/S for Duration of Status.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/travel_news/cbp_i20_stamp.xml

Direct Link –
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGUaSKtEg8
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:14am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx: She no dey answer me, she dey chop am finish alone. I dey now.

loooooool where did u get this smileys from? she said she tried to use firefox add-ons to reply u and it didnt work lloll. imperrioux dey use jazz b dat. lloll grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:23am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:

loooooool where did u get this smileys from? she said she tried to use firefox add-ons to reply u and it didnt work lol. imperrioux dey use jazz b dat. lol grin

Make she post my own first if she no wan or
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:28am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx:
Make she post my own first if she no wan or

come and visit us jor. she said i shud tell u dat we'll stump NM. loool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:

come and visit us jor. she said i shud tell u dat we'll stump NM. loool

You guys are always welcome, Just 1hr drive from Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport, TX
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 2:35am On Dec 23, 2012
ronakoks:
Congrats Mr. Chris !!
Thanks a lot! Season's Greetings To You & Your Family! Enjoy your Trip!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 2:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Chi-town Base:
Congrats Mr Chris u did it at last wishing u the best of ur studies here
Thanks a lot! It was GOD that approved it! Season's Greetings To You & Your Family! How Are You Celebrating Christmas In Chicago?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:42am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:

US Port of Entry
The immigration inspector will be checking the documents for authenticity and to be sure you are the same person who qualified for the visa.
After your admittance is approved, the inspector will stamp the Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, the I-20 and your passport page with a stamp noting the date, place of entry, status as F-1 and period of admission which should be D/S for Duration of Status.
CBP no longer stamps the I20 at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 2:52am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx: First of all, Yvete did I see you editing what I wanted to quote to lips sealed? Abeg no dey try that o.

I'm sorry I had to delete everything. Ronald2g1 got the message though. My bad! Where do you get these evil smileys? Especially the last ones with 2 evil guys poking at each other and hitting their heads? Oh my!

Want to kick a roomie out? Most a*'k**ta are usually a handful and cau***ians are very very dirrty! Like I told u about my old roomie with the puppy heehee! One of my friend's a***ta roomie throw out her stockfish, crayfish and basically most of her Nigerian grocery because it was 'smelly' and she thought stockfish is rotten fish. hehe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 2:52am On Dec 23, 2012
Congrats Snazzygirl! It was by GOD's Grace! Thank GOD! Season's Greeting To You & Your Family. Enjoy your trip!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 2:53am On Dec 23, 2012
moroh: CBP no longer stamps the I20 at the POE.
The video and all information is from DHS. I copied &pasted everything frm there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:58am On Dec 23, 2012
Yvete:

I'mm sorry I had to delete everything. Ronald2g1 got the message though. My bad! Where do you get these evil smileys? Especially the last ones with 2 evil guys poking each other and hitting their heads? Oh my!

U wanna kick a roomie out? Most A*'k**ta are usually a handful and cau***ians are very very dirrty! Like I told u about my old roomie with the puppy heehee!

Yea, the brainless dogs. This boy dey piss me off too much, if he starts with the washing machine...it's like the machine should pack that day and he pays rent and bills late. He is also rough, saying he is from hood in Louisiana. The beg too much last wed and his mama wants me to come with him to LO....lol. Still going to kick him when he's back. You new guys shouldn't give rooms to Americans especially my niggas!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:
The video and all information is from DHS. I copied &pasted everything frm there.
Oh, this is recent. I was stamped when I came in in early August but the regulation changed in mid or late August. Check this link out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 3:03am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:

GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!! dis ur praise and worship make sense.congrats
Thanks my dear, "if not for GOD", GOD is Faithful! GOD deserves all the Praises & Worship! How was your journey? Guess it was fun! Thank GOD for Journey Mercies! Enjoy your Christmas!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 3:05am On Dec 23, 2012
moroh:
Oh, this is recent. I was stamped when I came in in early August but the regulation changed in mid or late August. Check this link out.

Ok thks. I'll edit my last post. its written that states requirements vary although they didnt stamp mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007:

Ok thks. I'll edit my last post. its written that states requirements vary although they didnt stamp mine.
U don enter already...Welcome ooo!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:19am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx: Yea, the brainless dogs. This boy dey piss me off too much, if he starts with the washing machine...it's like the machine should pack that day and he pays rent and bills late. He is also rough, saying he is from hood in Louisiana. The beg too much last wed and his mama wants me to come with him to LO....lol. Still going to kick him when he's back. You new guys shouldn't give rooms to Americans especially my niggas!
I'm not in the mood to laugh too much this evening. smiley smiley When I start, I don't stop.
Why didn't you get an apartment with all utilities covered. Is it just you guys only?

My cheap a$$ rented a 4x2 apartment in my final year so I had to share a bathroom which I despise, but it was hella cheap with all utilities covered (very important). When people come over to my place, they're shocked at how gross the apartment is with pets running everywhere. My roommates wash their socks and sneakers in the washer. Can you imagine? Cuture shock: I saw one of my roommates washing color off her hair on one side of the kitchen sink while I was blending tomatoes close to the sink. MY HEAD SPARKED!!!!!! .. Its no longer a big deal anyways..

My dear, change roommates or apartment. You need to mingle/network with the right people not losers that cannot offer any sort of upward mobility in any aspect of your life. From weed they become crackheads! Tsk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 3:19am On Dec 23, 2012
why would she throw someone's food away just lyk dat? she must pay o
moroh:
U don enter already...Welcome ooo!
thnks oo ...still on jjc status. lol

Mr. Chris:
Thanks my dear, "if not for GOD", GOD is Faithful! GOD deserves all the Praises & Worship! How was your journey? Guess it was fun! Thank GOD for Journey Mercies! Enjoy your Christmas!
Yes he'sfaithful.Enjoy ur Xmas too. I've enjoyed enough Xmas in 9ja. one time away is not bad. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Yvete:

I'm not in the mood to laugh too much this evening. smiley smiley When I start, I don't stop.
Why didn't you get an apartment with all utilities covered. Is it just you guys only?

My cheap a$$ rented a 4x2 apartment in my final year so I had to share a bathroom which I despise, but it was hella cheap with all utilities covered (very important). When people come over to my place, they're shocked at how gross the apartment is with pets running everywhere. My roommates wash their socks and sneakers in the washer. Can you imagine? Cuture shock: I saw one of my roommates washing color off her hair on one side of the kitchen sink while I was blending tomatoes close to the sink. MY HEAD SPARKED!!!!!! .. Its no longer a big deal anyways..

Most houses around are rent alone and utility is in your name. I babysit this boy too much, 24 yrs guy....c'mon sense babu. When he talks, you got to listen attentively....else 90% of what he's saying would be lost in air.....too much short sentences. You know people from LO nau.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:34am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007: Yes he'sfaithful.Enjoy ur Xmas too. I've enjoyed enough Xmas in 9ja. one time away is not bad. lol

Hmmmm, I wan do xmas outside too o! Tantalize me softly mamacita.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 3:35am On Dec 23, 2012
Mamacita007: eyyyaa very big miracle. I'm so happy for you. I've reached my destination already so let the party begin. Shayo wit ur praise and worship. loooool. Are you a chorister? I volunteered at The Experience 2012 in Lag before i came.
Yes oh! It was truly a Big Miracle! Thank GOD for safe trip. How are you doing in Houston now? Great you volunteered, its a way to tell GOD "thank you". Am a Chorister by GOD's Grace. Greetings to Yvete, take good care of her! She really tried for us here. You gals should enjoy the Christmas!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:38am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx: Yea, the brainless dogs. This boy dey piss me off too much, if he starts with the washing machine...it's like the machine should pack that day and he pays rent and bills late.

I confess this got me cracking up big time. cheesy cheesy cheesy You've become the 'Great Provider', 'Father to the lazy' ...
Hope you've got a written contractual agreement so he can't turn on you should anything happen. Don't be too nice to 'these people'. Real talk!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:42am On Dec 23, 2012
imperiouxx: Hmmmm, I wan do xmas outside too o! Tantalize me softly mamacita.
Mamacita007: I've enjoyed enough Xmas in 9ja. one time away is not bad. lol

See my darlings ..... hehe! Let's visit Mexico. Cheap vacation and very touristy too! Let's run across the Tex-Mex border.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:43am On Dec 23, 2012
Yvete:

I confess this got me cracking up big time. cheesy cheesy cheesy You've become the 'Great Provider', 'Father to the lazy' ...
Hope you've got a written contractual agreement so he can't turn on you should anything happen. Don't be too nice to 'these people'. Real talk!

You're the fourth to say that. Two black Americans, one white old woman and you. I babysit him too much that I didn't collect security deposit from him even with that I will pay the whole before due date and waiting for his a/s/s. The day I said the reward for goodness is nice slap, I know all that formed my decision.

Yvete:

See my darlings ..... hehe! Let's visit Mexico. Cheap vacation and very touristy too! Let's run across the Tex-Mex border.

You've been there before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.