Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309537 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
house pls my school resumption date is Jan 8 and right now Jan 7 is the closest i cud see is it ok for me to choose it or what can i do ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ Yvete, imperiousxxx...
Thanks U all for ur encouraging words, indeed, visa denial is not d end of d world... No suicide mood ooo, just kinna joke, though it was a pathetic expetience anyway.
Pls can I stil get expedite date bfor Jan. 15th [sku resumption date] and are mine to use the same I-20 and other existing documents.. Or I should just take fate and patiently prepare for Summer or Fall next yr. Reality is what I need now.
@yvete... Dnt be to ashed or ascerbic on ur words, u dnt kn d circumstances behind individual post.
Thanks 4understding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
madeit2thetop: house pls my school resumption date is Jan 8 and right now Jan 7 is the closest i cud see is it ok for me to choose it or what can i do ?

Two things you can do.

1. book the 7th january and make an emergency request on the appointment portal

2. You can also email or call your school's international office and ask if you can make a late arrival request. Let them send you a letter stating you can arrive a few days after jan 8.

If your emergency request gets approved. Please don't cancel the date you already have until you have confirmed via phone from the US embassy that you will be able to veiw closer dates than 7th january.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
dtabimbola:
Pls can I stil get expedite date bfor Jan. 15th [sku resumption date] and are mine to use the same I-20 and other existing documents.. Or I should just take fate and patiently prepare for Summer or Fall next yr. Reality is what I need now.

sure you can get an expeditted date b4 15th, as long as you havnt made any previous emergency request within the last 6months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr. Chris:
As usual, i got to the Lagos embassy (the same embassy i did my 1st interview) @ about 5:30am but i met people fewer than 50 & eventually not as many as my previous interview. Was interviewed by a young dude. Lets begin! Me-Good morning sir Vo-Good morning & how are you doing Me-Fine Vo-Please, pass your documents Me-(I did just that) Vo-Which School are you going to? Me-XYZ UNIVERSITY Vo-What course? Me-MBA Vo-What is your highest degree? Me-Bachelor of Science In Business Administration and minor concentration in MIS Vo-Which other schools did you apply to? Me- 4 in US, 1 in UK, 1 in Nigeria (i named them) Vo-Why did you choose this school? Me- (1) Its Wealth of Experience of over 100years of Standard University Education which makes the school among the best schools in the Southern region of America rated by usnews.com & world report. (2) Its conducive classroom that has a Student-Faculty ratio of 14:1 which gives me an opportunity to interact well with my colleagues & lecturers on academic issues. (3) All my lecturers in the School of Business Administration & Management are Professors which makes them experts in their respective areas of teaching. Infact, i communicated with the dean of the School of Business Administration & Management, Prof. Hector Quintanilla who advised me via the phone as well as e-mails on the importance of studying my MBA @ the School & what i stand to gain when i graduate from the School. (@ this point, the guy called the next Vo who happened to be the guy who gave me that pathetic white paper on my 1st interview, "den dey gist about my matter oh" for a few seconds, i guessed!) Vo-Did you write any exam? Me-Yes, GRE. Vo-Can i have it? Me-Yes (i passed it & he checked it) Vo-Where did you do your exam? Me-Lagos Vo-What do you understand by Geometry & Algebra? Me-Geometry is a form of mathematics that has to do with description of shapes, sizes & eventual interpretation in mathematical terms through solving problems while Algebra is a form of mathematics that involves the use of equations & formulars to solve problems, for example 80 + x = 120, what will be the value of x? Vo-Who will Sponsor you? Me- My Dad Vo-What does he do? Me-He supplies Building materials to Companies & Individuals within the country, infact, he owns a Building material company, presently has two firms, 1 in Lagos state which is the head office & the annex in Ogun state that both supplies Building materials within Nigeria. He is the General Manager of XYZ BUILDING MATERIAL COMPANY. Vo-Do you have any statement? Me-Yes (i passed it & he glanced through & returned it) Although @ this time i had accepted fate that its nt my day again after i noticed his hands directed towards the same spot the earlier Vo took dat pathetic white paper & also handled my passport along with my I-20 the same way the earlier Vo handled it & thought i heard him say something like re-applying again or their usual rehearsed pathetic statement. But i was shocked when the Vo gave me only this supposedly "white paper again" but refused giving me my passport & I-20. "Na so dis white dude no gree oh". (later i discovered the white paper he gave me contains encouraging statement regarding collection of visa). It was then it clicked that the devil has finally been disgraced, disappointed & defeated!!! GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!! Please, join me to sing & dance "Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well, Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well". GLORY BE TO ALMIGHTY GOD.

Congrats Mr. Chris !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ ronakoks:
Thanks for prompt reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Typical me would respond, but I choose not to or else Justwise would need Jesus to handle this wisely between us.

New status: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
If you expect me to pacify you or blow red kisses kiss kiss, its not going to happen.

Relevant comments now replaced with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yvete: Typical me would respond, but I choose not to or else Justwise would need Jesus to handle this wisely between us.

If you expect me to pacify you or blow red kisses kiss kiss, its not going to happen.

Relevant comments now replaced with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . Plus, I've gotten all I want from this thread anyways.
yvete wetin happen *yimu*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
congrats chris
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
[quote author=Mr. Chris] As usual, i got to the Lagos embassy (the same embassy i did my 1st interview) @ about 5:30am but i met people fewer than 50 & eventually not as many as my previous interview. Was interviewed by a young dude. Lets begin! Me-Good morning sir Vo-Good morning & how are you doing Me-Fine Vo-Please, pass your documents Me-(I did just that) Vo-Which School are you going to? Me-XYZ UNIVERSITY Vo-What course? Me-MBA Vo-What is your highest degree? Me-Bachelor of Science In Business Administration and minor concentration in MIS Vo-Which other schools did you apply to? Me- 4 in US, 1 in UK, 1 in Nigeria (i named them) Vo-Why did you choose this school? Me- (1) Its Wealth of Experience of over 100years of Standard University Education which makes the school among the best schools in the Southern region of America rated by usnews.com & world report. (2) Its conducive classroom that has a Student-Faculty ratio of 14:1 which gives me an opportunity to interact well with my colleagues & lecturers on academic issues. (3) All my lecturers in the School of Business Administration & Management are Professors which makes them experts in their respective areas of teaching. Infact, i communicated with the dean of the School of Business Administration & Management, Prof. Hector Quintanilla who advised me via the phone as well as e-mails on the importance of studying my MBA @ the School & what i stand to gain when i graduate from the School. (@ this point, the guy called the next Vo who happened to be the guy who gave me that pathetic white paper on my 1st interview, "den dey gist about my matter oh" for a few seconds, i guessed!) Vo-Did you write any exam? Me-Yes, GRE. Vo-Can i have it? Me-Yes (i passed it & he checked it) Vo-Where did you do your exam? Me-Lagos Vo-What do you understand by Geometry & Algebra? Me-Geometry is a form of mathematics that has to do with description of shapes, sizes & eventual interpretation in mathematical terms through solving problems while Algebra is a form of mathematics that involves the use of equations & formulars to solve problems, for example 80 + x = 120, what will be the value of x? Vo-Who will Sponsor you? Me- My Dad Vo-What does he do? Me-He supplies Building materials to Companies & Individuals within the country, infact, he owns a Building material company, presently has two firms, 1 in Lagos state which is the head office & the annex in Ogun state that both supplies Building materials within Nigeria. He is the General Manager of XYZ BUILDING MATERIAL COMPANY. Vo-Do you have any statement? Me-Yes (i passed it & he glanced through & returned it) Although @ this time i had accepted fate that its nt my day again after i noticed his hands directed towards the same spot the earlier Vo took dat pathetic white paper & also handled my passport along with my I-20 the same way the earlier Vo handled it & thought i heard him say something like re-applying again or their usual rehearsed pathetic statement. But i was shocked when the Vo gave me only this supposedly "white paper again" but refused giving me my passport & I-20. "Na so dis white dude no gree oh". (later i discovered the white paper he gave me contains encouraging statement regarding collection of visa). It was then it clicked that the devil has finally been disgraced, disappointed & defeated!!! GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!! Please, join me to sing & dance "Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well, Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well". GLORY BE TO ALMIGHTY GOD. [/quot

Congrats Mr Chris u did it at last grin grin grin wishing u the best of ur studies here grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
One important thing I have learnt on dis thread is ...it's not enough reading and digestin everything here, it's very important to think, pick d important infos, use d infos as guidelines to compose ur answers, pray VERY WELL and be confident.

I got 2 d Lagos embassy @ 6:28am, I joined d long queue of other 6:30 applicants. I did all d checks, biometrics and finally settled down waiting for my no to be called 4 d interview. While sitting, I decided to study d V.Os to sharply identify d harsh ones. I really tried to observe but I couldn't concentrate, all I could think about were my practised answers and my fast heartbeat. My number was called, I muttered a quick prayer and walked to window 6 (v.o is a lady) and gave her my docs..... *this is where divine favour started...she asked d questions I wantd her 2 ask*

V.O: Why do u want 2 go to d u.s?
Me: For my pre-medical study.

V.O: Have u applied to any medical school?
Me; Not in d U.S, I applied to xyz university, Singapore campus but my medical colleges admission test(MCAT) score wasn't that great and that's why I applied to this college so as to boost my credentials and improve my mcat score

V.O: Ok. Do u av any relative in Houston?
Me: Ɣξ§, my uncle

V.O: will u stay with him?
Me: Ɣξ§ , for about 2 week before I get my accomodation and settle down because this college doesn't av student accomodation.

V:O: who will sponsor u?
Me: My dad

V.O: what does he do?
Me: told her (I painted a very lovely picture).

V.O: Do u av a Bachelors' degree
Me: Ɣξ§, B.Sc Physiology 4rm abc university.
She typed for some mins and said ur visa has been approved, pick ur documents up @ ikeja. * I was in shock 4 some seconds bcz she didn't even ask 4 any document, I was so happy,I said thank u lyk 2tyms and left ....I was so tempted to kneel down there and say thank u Lord*

There's one major thing I av 2 say ...PRAY WELL.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
Snazzygirl: One important thing I have learnt on dis thread is ...it's not enough reading and digestin everything here, it's very important to think, pick d important infos, use d infos as guidelines to compose ur answers, pray VERY WELL and be confident.

I got 2 d Lagos embassy @ 6:28am, I joined d long queue of other 6:30 applicants. I did all d checks, biometrics and finally settled down waiting for my no to be called 4 d interview. While sitting, I decided to study d V.Os to sharply identify d harsh ones. I really tried to observe but I couldn't concentrate, all I could think about were my practised answers and my fast heartbeat. My number was called, I muttered a quick prayer and walked to window 6 (v.o is a lady) and gave her my docs..... *this is where divine favour started...she asked d questions I wantd her 2 ask*

V.O: Why do u want 2 go to d u.s?
Me: For my pre-medical study.

V.O: Have u applied to any medical school?
Me; Not in d U.S, I applied to xyz university, Singapore campus but my medical colleges admission test(MCAT) score wasn't that great and that's why I applied to this college so as to boost my credentials and improve my mcat score

V.O: Ok. Do u av any relative in Houston?
Me: Ɣξ§, my uncle

V.O: will u stay with him?
Me: Ɣξ§ , for about 2 week before I get my accomodation and settle down because this college doesn't av student accomodation.

V:O: who will sponsor u?
Me: My dad

V.O: what does he do?
Me: told her (I painted a very lovely picture).

V.O: Do u av a Bachelors' degree
Me: Ɣξ§, B.Sc Physiology 4rm abc university.
She typed for some mins and said ur visa has been approved, pick ur documents up @ ikeja. * I was in shock 4 some seconds bcz she didn't even ask 4 any document, I was so happy,I said thank u lyk 2tyms and left ....I was so tempted to kneel down there and say thank u Lord*

There's one major thing I av 2 say ...PRAY WELL.

Awwhh.. I'm so happy for you o! This is autually a testimony! Congrats! With God all things are possible.......... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
* I was in shock 4 some seconds bcz she didn't even ask 4 any document, I was so happy,I said thank u lyk 2tyms and left ....I was so tempted to kneel down there and say thank u Lord*

There's one major thing I av 2 say ...PRAY WELL.[/quote]

Congratulations to u ..it is the Lords doing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr. Chris:
[color=#000099] As usual, i got to the Lagos embassy (the same embassy i did my 1st interview) @ about 5:30am but i met people fewer than 50 & eventually not as many as my previous interview. Was interviewed by a young dude. Lets begin! Me-Good morning sir Vo-Good morning & how are you doing Me-Fine Vo-Please, pass your documents Me-(I did just that) Vo-Which School are you going to? Me-XYZ UNIVERSITY Vo-What course? Me-MBA Vo-What is your highest degree? Me-Bachelor of Science In Business Administration and minor concentration in MIS Vo-Which other schools did you apply to? Me- 4 in US, 1 in UK, 1 in Nigeria (i named them) Vo-Why did you choose this school? Me- (1) Its Wealth of Experience of over 100years of Standard University Education which makes the school among the best schools in the Southern region of America rated by usnews.com & world report. (2) Its conducive classroom that has a Student-Faculty ratio of 14:1 which gives me an opportunity to interact well with my colleagues & lecturers on academic issues. (3) All my lecturers in the School of Business Administration & Management are Professors which makes them experts in their respective areas of teaching. Infact, i communicated with the dean of the School of Business Administration & Management, Prof. Hector Quintanilla who advised me via the phone as well as e-mails on the importance of studying my MBA @ the School & what i stand to gain when i graduate from the School. (@ this point, the guy called the next Vo who happened to be the guy who gave me that pathetic white paper on my 1st interview, "den dey gist about my matter oh" for a few seconds, i guessed!) Vo-Did you write any exam? Me-Yes, GRE. Vo-Can i have it? Me-Yes (i passed it & he checked it) Vo-Where did you do your exam? Me-Lagos Vo-What do you understand by Geometry & Algebra? Me-Geometry is a form of mathematics that has to do with description of shapes, sizes & eventual interpretation in mathematical terms through solving problems while Algebra is a form of mathematics that involves the use of equations & formulars to solve problems, for example 80 + x = 120, what will be the value of x? Vo-Who will Sponsor you? Me- My Dad Vo-What does he do? Me-He supplies Building materials to Companies & Individuals within the country, infact, he owns a Building material company, presently has two firms, 1 in Lagos state which is the head office & the annex in Ogun state that both supplies Building materials within Nigeria. He is the General Manager of XYZ BUILDING MATERIAL COMPANY. Vo-Do you have any statement? Me-Yes (i passed it & he glanced through & returned it) Although @ this time i had accepted fate that its nt my day again after i noticed his hands directed towards the same spot the earlier Vo took dat pathetic white paper & also handled my passport along with my I-20 the same way the earlier Vo handled it & thought i heard him say something like re-applying again or their usual rehearsed pathetic statement. But i was shocked when the Vo gave me only this supposedly "white paper again" but refused giving me my passport & I-20. "Na so dis white dude no gree oh". (later i discovered the white paper he gave me contains encouraging statement regarding collection of visa). It was then it clicked that the devil has finally been disgraced, disappointed & defeated!!! GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!! Please, join me to sing & dance "Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well, Come & join me sing Halleluyah, Jehovah Jareh has done me well". GLORY BE TO ALMIGHTY GOD.

GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!! dis ur praise and worship make sense.congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yvete: Typical me would respond, but I choose not to or else Justwise would need Jesus to handle this wisely between us.

Relevant comments now replaced with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . Plus, I've gotten all I want from this thread anyways.

its ok. Not everyone deserve an answer. From some people's stories you can see that there's no need helping. u remember i told u not to waste ur tym on someone that doesnt know why they are going for masters mshtewww .I'm not surprised with the outcome at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
fadinus: yvete wetin happen *yimu*

What is it? leave her alone pls and stop following her posts everywhere like a stalker. yimu & walk away if u want. She said her last post is for dtambimbola and not u.She even asking me for d meaning of the word. ure busy posting to someone that dont understand u smh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Tee.tee:

Hahahahaha! Ehn ehn.. Thnx o! I'll keep dat in mind! Infact, if It's not a stem guy, I'm not interested cheesy cheesy Lol....

lol Tee.tee you people had fun here o without me. when are u leaving dear?
If a guy's future ambition is not in STEM, no relationship but with STEM i'll wait cos' dere's too much hope. grin lwkmd

Yvete: ........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .........
lol

imperiouxx:
Ms. tea.tea
imperiouxx:

Hey! Mamacita is bring suya . Unless you girls want me to appear in your dreams, if not send me my own o.

oga imperrioux how far nau? lool tel ur friend to kip some for u lol
keep up the good work my brother. God bless uu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Glory be to GOD Almighty. His Grace is Sufficient for us all to excel in all things. Did you say celebrate with me! But you are travelling to houston soon, make we dey celebrate am on "air", Lol! - safe trip my dear. Thanks to you guys; Yvete, Chi-townbase, Imperiouxx-(keep up the good work), & everyone else! Wish everyone yet to get their visas approved GOD's Favour in their next interview IJN AMEN.
Mr. Chris:
My dear, it both happened! I dreamt about being granted less than 2 weeks ago & i claimed it by faith & u sure know what happened next! My dear, i actually commented here yesterday, time: 12:44pm, (i guess u must be asleep as @ that time after u commented jokingly throughout the morning hours here, although, i tried sending this experience yesterday but the network was bad until i tried this morning, i guess thats why you noticed i was online all day), acknowledging ur support, Chi-basetown & the General himself, Dr. Imperiouxx towards me & others on this wonderful thread. GOD BLESS U ALL IJN AMEN. Please, send my greetings to "ur cousin" when u gals meet sometime today. My prayer to those going for their Interview next; i use my testimony as a point of contact for ur wonderful testimonies IJN AMEN. GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!

eyyyaa very big miracle. I'm so happy for you. I've reached my destination already so let the party begin. Shayo wit ur praise and worship. loooool. Are you a chorister? I volunteered at The Experience 2012 in Lag before i came.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
s-beauty :
Morning all,
Need a very good answer to this question just in case it is being asked ..
I have an HND(in chemistry precisely),
So I transferred my credit to get a Bsc still in chemistry..,before I proceed for my Msc,
So if Vo ask, why Bsc, not post graduate ..(got some points myself bt no man is an island)
Thanks.,

Madam s-beauty grin when are we popping champagne for ur matter nau?
dont mind dese people for pushing ur question away. Hope someone helps u cos' no man is really an island.
Ogaimperrioux pls answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mamacita007:

Madam s-beauty grin when are we popping champagne for ur matter nau?
dont mind dese people for pushing ur question away. Hope someone helps u cos' no man is really an island.
Ogaimperrioux pls answer

Hope u had a nice journey, I kw u'd show up to scatter ground when u reach ..lol! Champagne loading...*later*, bt first let's load the Grace of God before dt so I can join in praises ... ..like almost everyone dt got thr visa's approved did ..
*Work , play, pop C, party, dance , work begins again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks all ....more blessing IJN.

@S-beauty, I don't know much about HND so ...do u think ur HND certificate would have made u a competitive candidate for M.sc?
If not, then that's ur answer. Just tell d V.O, u spoke with some admission officers and u were told ur HND certificate isn't enuf 2 make u a competitive candidate for M.Sc so u were advised to transfer ur credits, get a B.Sc and then apply. Hope dis helps ...cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
[quote author=Snazzygirl]
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yvete: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

First of all, Yvete did I see you editing what I wanted to quote to lips sealed? Abeg no dey try that o.

Yvete: New status: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Many people still need your help here. Pele+Ndo+ya' kuri

ronald2g1: @ma ogas again am off to uni of missouri, dunno hw dat plce is like bsdeas wah I read sha, I also hv anoda thin buggin me buh lemme share it wiv u guys n share ur opinions (@ imp, @yvet, @walez) my schools scholarships n all don't come until afta u hv spent a year, the tuition alone for my first year is 16000 excludin accomodation buh thanks to Allah, am raisin first year buh my fear now is I dnt hv 2nd year at d moment cos am still raisin first year, d skul is highly ranked and also a member of aau so its good for my resume, pls wah r my chances of survivin my second year if I sucesfuly pay first year because I cnt assume I'm gonna get d GA for 2ndyr even wiv my high grades, we all dnt get fair treatments, pls @ma ogas I need ur advices n experiences so far?

Why must it be after a year? Schools give grants mostly during fall. You should be targeting GA not scholarship. The bold part isn't clear. Do you mean GA is given to some specific race and not on recommendation or academic performance? It seems you feel you can't get the GA and losing/lost hope. C'mon! when you start, be close to your supervisor so as to get recommendation from him/her. Without GA, you won't find it easy unless your parents can send you thousands of dollar. Yvete said work to get money for the 2nd year, that's almost impossible. It will be hard for you to raise even $2,000 a year from oncampus job as an international student who is paying school fee, rent and bills. Don't stay in the dorm like she said. I have an American guy in my house that I'm planning to kick, may be you can move with me......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Snazzygirl: Thanks all ....more blessing IJN.

@S-beauty, I don't know much about HND so ...do u think ur HND certificate would have made u a competitive candidate for M.sc?
If not, then that's ur answer. Just tell d V.O, u spoke with some admission officers and u were told ur HND certificate isn't enuf 2 make u a competitive candidate for M.Sc so u were advised to transfer ur credits, get a B.Sc and then apply. Hope dis helps ...cheers!

Thanks a lot dt helps , still waiting for more response..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mamacita007:

What is it? leave her alone pls and stop following her posts everywhere like a stalker. yimu & walk away if u want. She said her last post is for dtambimbola and not u.

She even asking me for d meaning of the word. ure busy posting to someone that dont understand u smh
iyasita Uv bcome yvetes mouth piece shey, anyways i meant no insult of anykind....Yvette wats up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
nifty: @imperiouxx and all here that has dealt with wes before there is this guy in who is currently studying in malaysia so he is trying to transfer to an american university his uni in malay sent his transcript to wes but the problem is with waec his waec result was recieved successfully and wes said they are waiting for verification letter from waec the guys that had to go to waec to get the verification letter and sent it to wes twice already via fedex but wes keeps refusing the verification letter saying it was not sent the its supposed to what might be the problem here?

Whose address was the sender address? If not waec or official waec envelope or address with hand not typed......forget! Million times wes will continue rejecting it. Moreover, verification is replied to wes through portal email not by mailing. Tell your friend that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
fadinus:
yvete wetin happen *yimu*
fadinus:
iyasita Uv bcome yvetes mouth piece shey, anyways i meant no insult of anykind....Yvette wats up?

Abeg stop all this. Let there be peace here as we all be for many months. Abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Dr. Imperiouxx, thanks a lot. GOD BLESS YOU & EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTED POSITIVELY TO THIS WONDERFUL THREAD IJN AMEN. Thanks again for celebrating with me, My guy, U shall be Diviinely Celebrated AMEN! Cheers!!!
Mr. Chris:
Thanks a lot Theyjih, Abeg oh! Dr. Imperiouxx pass my guy e own drink oh. Tanx oh! *Celebration Mode Activated* Season's Greetings to u & ur family. Hope you are doing fine!

Enjoy yourself my man ...but shayo small o. We still dey say hurray and you don shack up dey fall .....

Theyjih:
Na wah 2 u mr Imper, na only u go dey shayo ni? Pass me my own... congratulobia Chris grin

Na me dey shout hurray, na the celebrant dey shayo fall o...too much joy nau.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
imperiouxx:

Abeg stop all this. Let there be peace here as we all be for many months. Abeg
There's peace bro, yvete and mumacita are both my paddys, notin dey happen...ONE LOVE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.