Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308966 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Andre Ogara: Summer and winter, Springtime and Harvest...Sun, moon and stars in their courses above they join with all nature in manifold witness τ̲̅☺ God's Faithfulness, mercy and love. I love Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all nairalanders. God has done it. Just got M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ visa. I will be posting a full account of how it went down as soon as I get home. I'm not myself at D̶̲̥̅̊ moment as everything seems surreal. I love Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all and from D̶̲̥̅̊ bottom of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ heart, I want τ̲̅☺ say Thank Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊!!!♥
congrats! I said it that u gon get it as a new year gift. Lol call me a prophet now yeah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Andre-Ogara, congratulations!!!!!!

@Anthony-Mighty, relax. The processing time is 3 working days but there's delay cause of d long hols. I did my interview on d 21st and I just collected mine today so am sure urs isn't anywhere near ready ...check via email on monday/tuesday. It should be ready then...cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
HOUSE PROBLEM DEY SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT, COURSE ACCOUNTING AT V............. UNIVERSITY
i was denied twice this yr i was asked the same question during both interview what am i going to do
vo why did u want to go us ?
ME to enroll as a full time student at v............. university to study accounting
VO good
VO why did you choose this school
ME i explained very well
VO when was ur school cert
ME 2005
VO what have u been doing since then
ME I LEARNT ABOUT DESKTOP PUBLISHING FOR 2YRS
VO HOW MANY SCHOOL DID YOU APPLY FOR
ME 4 UNI......... BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA
VO WHATS THE DEGREE U GOING FOR
ME BSC
VO WHAT HAVE U BEEN DOING AFTER DESKTOP PUBLISHING
ME WORKING IN MY FATHER COMPANY AS AN ACCOUNT CLERK
VO DO YOU HAVE A KID
ME NO
VO YOU MARRIED
ME NO
VO you have to demonstrate that you are a bona fide student and u are nt able to convince me that u are a good student because you have not been doing anything for past 7yrs
house pls make una help me out on what to do so as to reapply next yr
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
smithjanetstore: HOUSE PROBLEM DEY SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT, COURSE ACCOUNTING AT V............. UNIVERSITY
i was denied twice this yr i was asked the same question during both interview what am i going to do
vo why did u want to go us ?
ME to enroll as a full time student at v............. university to study accounting
VO good
VO why did you choose this school
ME i explained very well
VO when was ur school cert
ME 2005
VO what have u been doing since then
ME I LEARNT ABOUT DESKTOP PUBLISHING FOR 2YRS
VO HOW MANY SCHOOL DID YOU APPLY FOR
ME 4 UNI......... BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA
VO WHATS THE DEGREE U GOING FOR
ME BSC
VO WHAT HAVE U BEEN DOING AFTER DESKTOP PUBLISHING
ME WORKING IN MY FATHER COMPANY AS AN ACCOUNT CLERK
VO DO YOU HAVE A KID
ME NO
VO YOU MARRIED
ME NO
VO you have to demonstrate that you are a bona fide student and u are nt able to convince me that u are a good student because you have not been doing anything for past 7yrs

I tried googling that Uni and it doesn't exist. . . wat is V........... University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
Seunbunmi:

Oga Imperiouxx are u saying she can defer her admission till fall, will she not be out of status since she's already in us....because i hav a similar issue, i cant afford the tuition fee for the skool i have on my visa, so i was advice to defer d admission n look for a cheaper skool for fall session. instead of cumin to d us to defer it n be out status n get stranded....pls throw more light to this

That was why I said story. She got to start payment plan with the school and give excuse for defer.

@Andre Ogara,

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
smithjanetstore:

Can you see what I'm seeing here. 7 good f*****g years with just desktop publishing (you mean booting computer, printing, scanning, typing etc.....I never learned all that) + account clerk (carrying Ledgers and keeping invoices and receipts), and you want to continue your education in the US..... Friend, you got a long way to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks everyone ::: @ronald2g1, imperiouxx, seunbunmi, , ollyboy1, fadinus, anthonymighty, snazzygirl and all of you out there who have helped in one way or another with your life saving posts on these boards. So here's how my interview went:
V.O: Hello
Me: Hi, Good day (With a huge smile)
V.O: Your passport and application please
V.O: Where do you wish to study in the united states?
Me: I wish to study in the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
V.O: For your Masters Degree?
Me: Yes
V.O: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes, I did apply to Greenwich University, London (*passing along my admission letter from Greenwich University)
V.O: (*Do Hold on to that)What's your highest qualification?
Me: I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
V.O: When did you graduate?
Me: 2010
V.O: Where were you posted for your National Youth Service?
Me: I served in Bayelsa State
V.O: And what did you do afterwards? What happened afterwards?
Me: Afterwards, I got a job with Discovery Cycle Professionals in Abuja.
V.O: What's that?
Me: It's basically a consulting firm that undertakes both Governmental and Non-Governmental Projects
V.O: Where did you graduate from?
Me: I graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
V.O: (Smiles)And who's going to pay for your trip?
Me: My Father
V.O: What does he do?
Me: He's an Engineer and he works with the Niger Delta Development Commission
V.O: Can I see his statement of Account?
Me: Sure (passed that along)
V.O: Did you write any of the standardized tests like GRE?
Me: Yes I did.
V.O: Can I have a look at your score sheet?
Me: Yes (Passed that along)
V.O: Okay, you're going to collect your visa on monday at Ikeja >>>>etc
Me: Thank you sir!!!
I was so excited i fell sideways to the protruding wall beside me and let out a huge sigh of relief. It was a surreal feeling. The crowd there understood and most of them laughed and congratulated me at the same time because I can honestly tell you that it wasn't a good day today for most people. I'd generalize and say that out of 10 applicants, 8 were denied. I sat in the front row seat next to the V.Os and their interviewees. I had the pleasure of eavesdropping into their conversations and boy shocked pressure got the better of most of them. Some guys in my humble opinion answered well but with stutter occasionally. Most of them surprisingly were not even smiling!!! at least I learnt from you guys that smiling is a must. People with poor English command got turned down except for a man that was going for some sort of poultry keeping convention. You'd be amazed how most of the young guys and chicks there couldn't string together a couple of correct sentences. Maybe there are other reasons completely different that's getting most people turned down today like not clearly remembering what they filled inside their DS-160 form online. By God's grace, I was able to do these few things well thanks to nairalanders:
Eye Contact, Smile, Heard correctly, answered articulately and straight to the point without stuttering. Again, prayer changes things. My interview looks pretty straightforward but it wasn't by any means. Please if you're going any time soon, make sure you remember clearly what you filled in your DS-160, SMILE, BE ARTICULATE AND WORK ON YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE HAND SO YOU DON'T STUTTER.
I'll be glad to provide further info if anyone so desires. God's grace and speed to you all.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Andre Ogara: Thanks everyone :::
I had the pleasure of eavesdropping into their conversations and boy shocked pressure got the better of most of them. Some guys in my humble opinion answered well but with stutter occasionally. Most of them surprisingly were not even smiling!!! at least I learnt from you guys that smiling is a must. People with poor English command got turned down grin grin except for a man that was going for some sort of poultry keeping convention. You'd be amazed how most of the young guys and chicks there couldn't string together a couple of correct sentences. Maybe there are other reasons completely different that's getting most people turned down today like not clearly remembering what they filled inside their DS-160 form online. By God's grace, I was able to do these few things well thanks to nairalanders:
Eye Contact, Smile, Heard correctly, answered articulately and straight to the point without stuttering. Again, prayer changes things. My interview looks pretty straightforward but it wasn't by any means. Please if you're going any time soon, make sure you remember clearly what you filled in your DS-160, SMILE, BE ARTICULATE AND WORK ON YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE HAND SO YOU DON'T STUTTER.

Congrats!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
imperiouxx: Can you see what I'm seeing here. 7 good f*****g years with just desktop publishing (you mean booting computer, printing, scanning, typing etc.....I never learned all that) + account clerk (carrying Ledgers and keeping invoices and receipts), and you want to continue your education in the US..... Friend, you got a long way to go.

**coughs** shocked shocked Hope this doesn't cause a volcanic eruption here. You're supposed to make things look good, remember?

kpolli: Then don't bother. . . You have a dream for ursel don't follow others'. . . .Don't allow the juicy things they have told u to change the goals u set for urself when u left nigeria. . .

Couldn't have been said any better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvete:

**coughs** shocked shocked Hope this doesn't cause a volcanic eruption here. You're supposed to make things look good, remember?

That was a simple truth. Check your inbox, got something bothering me there for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

That was a simple truth. Check your inbox, got something bothering me there for you.

Aiight. I got you! Hope all is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mamacita007: So I can defer admission while im already here? I dont want to stay idle. Everybody is saying that im following yvete and its nt true. she's d one dat advised me to go for my masters wen i wasnt even thinking of it. she did everything so ive been taking her advice buh I dont know wat im doing again. wat will u do if u're in my shoes pls?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvette:

I sent you an email to your yahoo mail addy ending with a "n". Did you get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
OjaP: Yvette: I sent you an email to your yahoo mail addy ending with a "n". Did you get it?

I decided to snub my yahoo email for a while, but I'll check it now cos' of you! You're privileged! Hahaahaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't take me seriously!

Seunbunmi: Oga Imperiouxx are u saying she can defer her admission till fall, will she not be out of status since she's already in us....because i hav a similar issue, i cant afford the tuition fee for the skool i have on my visa, so i was advice to defer d admission n look for a cheaper skool for fall session. instead of cumin to d us to defer it n be out status n get stranded....pls throw more light to this

Community colleges are still accepting applications for admission. If you cant afford a community college tuition + rent, don't come to the US.

If you can, there's still time to apply, get accepted, transfer I-20 (takes about 2-3 days to process) and VOILA! BUENO!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvete:

This is the reason I chose to stay out. I'm less than 2 years older than you. There's not much difference to be significant. I did not ignore you, but when you're in tears and i'm already irritated, I don't want to say anything nasty. Maybe you should mail Kpolli and communicate the true situation of things so that a non-family member with unbiased judgment can access things from outside-in. From the day you set foot in Houston, all your maternal relatives want you to move to their end, S. Carolina. All the dry bones now rise again!! Where were they in the beginning?

You're a softee and a very caring person so healthcare is fine, but you need to make YOUR OWN DECISION. Model your life after successful people not underachievers. I've suffered inconsistent career choices so I understand your frustration. We can talk more when I get back home ((hugs)) Thanks to Kpolli and Imperiouxx for reaching out.

Beg to defer, softees can't stand blood. . . Do you want her to faint during surgery? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
kpolli: Beg to defer, softees can't stand blood. . . Do you want her to faint during surgery? grin

Lol hehehehe I have to call her at home to come read this. She may still be asleep. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Honestly, I think she'll make a great Physical Therapist. Every time I come home from work or even after we get back from a work-out, she massages my feet excellently. She likes massages. LOL. She could be a sweet Nurse too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvete:

Lol hehehehe I have to call her at home to come read this. She may still be asleep. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Honestly, I think she'll make a great Physical Therapist. Every time I come home from work or even after we get back from a work-out, she massages my feet excellently. She likes fitness and massages. LOL. She could be a sweet Nurse too.

Just my luck, I have been in need of a good back massage ever since I played soccer. . . I myt just branch Texas wink . . . Nursing is also about seeing sad things, not just about caring and massaging..... Plus why is she asleep at 11:23am, which kain lazy girl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvette:

Hahaha, you are just too funny.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ house: pls is it possible to do interview two days after school resumes coupled with letter of extension from the school. Hope there won't be any problem? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ house: pls is it possible to do interview two days after school resumption date coupled with letter of extension from the school. Hope there won't be any problem? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvete:

Community colleges are still accepting applications for admission. If you cant afford a community college tuition + rent, don't come to the US.

If you can, there's still time to apply, get accepted, transfer I-20 (takes about 2-3 days to process) and VOILA! BUENO!
Yvete, pls which community college is that? i can still afford a community college tuition+ rent.....pls hint me d info @ .tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Seunbunmi:
Yvete, pls which community college is that? i can still afford a community college tuition+ rent.....pls hint me d info @ ...tanx

Do your research in one day. What city would you prefer? Get info on rent, affordability, costs of living, ..... Check the application deadlines for CC in those States/cities and apply. If you're truly unable to come over, stay back in NIG till you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yvete:

Do your research in one day. What city would you prefer? Get info on rent, affordability, costs of living, ..... Check the application deadlines for CC in those States/cities and apply. If you're truly unable to come over, stay back in NIG till you can.
I prefer dallas or houston.....am tryin to google cc in dallas or houston but wat am seeing is a bit confusing....plssssSsssssss help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Congrats to Andre Ogara and other members who recently got their visas! And to those interviewing soon, I wish you success!

Happy New Year everyone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 1:01am On Jan 03, 2013
Mamacita007:

very true. thnks. It started when i came here. My aunty in austin and her husband are nurses so they started it buh i'll make a decision for myself. it is well.

cry so u've joined yvete. everytime i ask her, she refused to say anything but work towards your future goals. its ok sha o God bless una. thnks.

looool im singing i am married to Jesus .... leave me alone. i wz just joking
Lol....Pls be careful about any decision you decide to make while here...This is a no man's land, continue your mission here don't derail from it...it is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

@yemdeb,

Double congrats. Give the lady light love kisses not deep French kisses like that in your bedroom because I know you will be over happy today
lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:59am On Jan 03, 2013
yemdeb:
lol grin grin grin grin grin

I lie?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 2:48am On Jan 03, 2013
kpolli:

Why should a third party have access to request for my transcript. . . Defeats the purpose of confidentiality. . . . This service should be shut down

I beg to disagree with you on this. Is WES and other evaluating bodies not third parties as well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:03am On Jan 03, 2013
Mamacita007:

very true. thnks. It started when i came here. My aunty in austin and her husband are nurses so they started it buh i'll make a decision for myself. it is well.

cry so u've joined yvete. everytime i ask her, she refused to say anything but work towards your future goals. its ok sha o God bless una. thnks.

looool im singing i am married to Jesus .... leave me alone. i wz just joking

Sincerely, it is not about joining people but one thing I have learnt is that it is your call and so you call the shot. Just follow your heart because your long term happiness and sanity is the most important thing and should be your primary concern.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:06am On Jan 03, 2013
Seunbunmi:

Oga Imperiouxx are u saying she can defer her admission till fall, will she not be out of status since she's already in us....because i hav a similar issue, i cant afford the tuition fee for the skool i have on my visa, so i was advice to defer d admission n look for a cheaper skool for fall session. instead of cumin to d us to defer it n be out status n get stranded....pls throw more light to this

I don't know about falling out of status but getting admitted into a Community College is quite easy and quick so I would suggest you work around that between this week and next.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:16am On Jan 03, 2013
Yvete:

Aiight. I got you! Hope all is well.

Do you mind if I send you a PM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.