Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893276 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumma(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2014
Hello Guys... cc: @luvinhubby.... I think my 2007 honda accord is having some issues, I recently noticed that when Im on full speed at 100/120MPH my car sort of vibrates and I complained to my mech who advised i change the two steering socket which I did but the problem still persists. I later went to total service station where they hinted that the engine might be sitting on the body or so... not sure what that is... my left front tire has also began to swing slightly not sure what caused that too cos i just bought two new tires last month and wheel balancing and alignment were done simultaneously. Kindly advise what could be the possible challenge my sweet first wife is experiencing cos driving below 120MPH makes me a nervous wreck abi why drive a V6 if i wanna maintain 80/100MPH.

Please house over to you.

BR
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2014
I have a Honda accord 2007 ( discussion continues)

the steering vibrates alot when am on stand still(traffic or just starting the car). the vibration increases when I turn on the a.c.. when i move or raise the car a lil bit above 1 at the RPM its stable

my stereo is a one loader. the cd player goes off when I try playing a cd. and sometimes the cd/aux button refuses to respond. what's the cause?

The check engine light is on. I scanned it and got engine coolant temperature sensor 2 code. The fan is working directly and not going thorough the sensor.

I need your advice/help on how to solve this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Boyoorisha: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
9jacrip:

0803 714 0519
He deals only in engine and tranny.
I bought engine and tranny from him, a year apart, he recommended a mechanic who came to my location (Mowe/Ibafo).

I have just called the guy and he said the v6 engine is 170k for grade one. Isn't that too high?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Boyoorisha:

I have just called the guy and he said the v6 engine is 170k for grade one. Isn't that too high?

Try to engage him in negotiations and tell him one of his customers from Ibafo recommended him. He is a very reasonable fellow to talk to.

I am not sure what EOD V6 engine costs but I am sure it is pretty costly. You could possibly try scouting other stores to compare prices.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
drumma: Hello Guys... cc: @luvinhubby.... I think my 2007 honda accord is having some issues, I recently noticed that when Im on full speed at 100/120MPH my car sort of vibrates and I complained to my mech who advised i change the two steering socket which I did but the problem still persists. I later went to total service station where they hinted that the engine might be sitting on the body or so... not sure what that is... my left front tire has also began to swing slightly not sure what caused that too cos i just bought two new tires last month and wheel balancing and alignment were done simultaneously. Kindly advise what could be the possible challenge my sweet first wife is experiencing cos driving below 120MPH makes me a nervous wreck abi why drive a V6 if i wanna maintain 80/100MPH.

Please house over to you.

BR
Check your disc rotors (brake discs), if they are warped can cause instability in motion. Possibly, your car also vibrates when you apply brakes in motion. You can as well check your engine mountings, especially front, back and side ones if they are severed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
bashexyz: I have a Honda accord 2007 ( discussion continues)

the steering vibrates alot when am on stand still(traffic or just starting the car). the vibration increases when I turn on the a.c.. when i move or raise the car a lil bit above 1 at the RPM its stable

my stereo is a one loader. the cd player goes off when I try playing a cd. and sometimes the cd/aux button refuses to respond. what's the cause?

The check engine light is on. I scanned it and got engine coolant temperature sensor 2 code. The fan is working directly and not going thorough the sensor.

I need your advice/help on how to solve this.
1, The vibration can be caused by either your throttle body sensor, the engine mounts or a torn air cleaner container.
2, The engine coolant temp. sensor is a small sensor attached to your radiator that needs to be changed.
3, Get a radionic to check your car stereo for you on the cd issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
9jacrip: .

Try to engage him in negotiations and tell him one of his customers from Ibafo recommended him. He is a very reasonable fellow to talk to.

I am not sure what EOD V6 engine costs but I am sure it is pretty costly. You could possibly try scouting other stores to compare prices.
EOD V6 engines are sold for that 170k now, it was around 140k when you bought yours.........engine prices are going up and gear box prices are coming down or stable in the market.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2014
I have noticed that my Honda Accord 2000 jerks when I driving. Someone have asked me to change my plugs. Could the plugs be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by md4real(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
hello guys

I just bought a 2007 Honda Accord (discussion continue) full option with navigation(American spec). the seller could not find the manual and i was not really bothered until i removed the car battery to help a friend jump start his car. since then, the navigation screen has been asking for pin. please advise or assist on how to handle the challenge.

please note that the radio and cd player are working fine. only the nav screen is affected

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
@luvinhubby I already fixed the vibration and when i wanted to fix the engine coolant sensor. I noticed the thermostat of the car as been removed and the fan is working directly. and not via the sensor. I told my mechanic i wanted to fix the thermostat back and he said it will cause over heating and damage the engine. pls how true is it. cos engine coolant sensor is d only reason my check engine light is on.

I noticed my car is burning fuel more than usual. Used half tank 8.5 gallons on 80 miles and average mile per gallon is 25mile/gallon..

Do u have any radionic u can recommend to u as regards fixing the stereo. scared of giving my car to anyone.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumma(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Hello.... please can anyone supply me a new battery for my 2007 Honda accord V6....I need it like right now my battery just parked up....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Inception(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
bashexyz: @luvinhubby I already fixed the vibration and when i wanted to fix the engine coolant sensor. I noticed the thermostat of the car as been removed and the fan is working directly. and not via the sensor. I told my mechanic i wanted to fix the thermostat back and he said it will cause over heating and damage the engine. pls how true is it. cos engine coolant sensor is d only reason my check engine light is on.

I noticed my car is burning fuel more than usual. Used half tank 8.5 gallons on 80 miles and average mile per gallon is 25mile/gallon..

Do u have any radionic u can recommend to u as regards fixing the stereo. scared of giving my car to anyone.

bro abeg how did you solve the vibration problem? I am having the same issue with my 2003 honda accord I4 auto. Details pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
I am also having a Vibration issue. The stuff began after my AC was fixed. The AC dude removed the Radiator gasket, AC gasket. Washed the 2 and change the Dryer for the AC. Ever since then when ever I am driving.. If I slow down or try to turn the car vibrates or sometyms trips off while vibrating.

It does that while on motion also.. it suddenly withdraws acceleration then later picks up..

What can be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
I changed the front shocks both left and right. You can have your mechanic check the front shocks and the engine seating/mounting..

Another test i did was put the gear in reverser, drive, reverse, drive. So check if the engine is sitting properly..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaabr: 1:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Hello house,I'm facing a little problem with my 2002 baby boy,its about 7 months old now but iv already started experiencing fuel over consumption,what could be the cause? as its tearing my wallet apart cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Jaabr: Hello house,I'm facing a little problem with my 2002 baby boy,its about 7 months old now but iv already started experiencing fuel over consumption,what could be the cause? as its tearing my wallet apart cheesy
_ Dirty injection system.
- Faulty catalystic converter &/or Oxygen sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2014
IjogzK: I am also having a Vibration issue. The stuff began after my AC was fixed. The AC dude removed the Radiator gasket, AC gasket. Washed the 2 and change the Dryer for the AC. Ever since then when ever I am driving.. If I slow down or try to turn the car vibrates or sometyms trips off while vibrating.

It does that while on motion also.. it suddenly withdraws acceleration then later picks up..

What can be the cause?
No one answered me
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
First my mechanic removed my thermostat. All the mechanics i go to. To fix it keep saying its not needed and i dont want to force them to fix it, so they dont damage something in the process. Am yet to see a mechanic who will agree to the use of a thermostat.

Secondly my car's RPM when i start in the morning is usually 1000 and after sometimes i goes up to 1500. When i turn on the A.C the RPM goes back to 1000. There was a time when i put it in park the RPM was 2000.

Thirdly, my check engine light is on. The readings are Engine coolant Sensor, O2 sensor, Air to Fuel Ratio.. But from when i read online. It stated the Engine Coolant sensor can give raise to o2 and air to fuel ratio. Cos of the excess fuel from running the Fan direct without thermostat.

Lastly, My car consumes way too much fuel i did a calculation i am getting 10Miles per Gallon.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
IjogzK: I am also having a Vibration issue. The stuff began after my AC was fixed. The AC dude removed the Radiator gasket, AC gasket. Washed the 2 and change the Dryer for the AC. Ever since then when ever I am driving.. If I slow down or try to turn the car vibrates or sometyms trips off while vibrating.

What can be the cause?

Take it from the begining again. Pls describe your vehicle in detail. Repair history and the kind of throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
bashexyz:
First my mechanic removed my thermostat. All the mechanics i go to. To fix it keep saying its not needed and i dont want to force them to fix it, so they dont damage something in the process. Am yet to see a mechanic who will agree to the use of a thermostat.

Secondly my car's RPM when i start in the morning is usually 1000 and after sometimes i goes up to 1500. When i turn on the A.C the RPM goes back to 1000. There was a time when i put it in park the RPM was 2000.

Thirdly, my check engine light is on. The readings are Engine coolant Sensor, O2 sensor, Air to Fuel Ratio.. But from when i read online. It stated the Engine Coolant sensor can give raise to o2 and air to fuel ratio. Cos of the excess fuel from running the Fan direct without thermostat.

Lastly, My car consumes way too much fuel i did a calculation i am getting 10Miles per Gallon.

*This issue of thermostat is overflogged on cartalk, if you want to read more go here.https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

*what kind of throttle body does your car use? (Motorised or cable)Seems your idle speed control is faulty.

* engine coolant sensor is either not attached or faulty

*O2 sensor: your error code is not specific can't comment on that.

*air fuel ratio check mass airflow meter.

* running your fans direct will cause over cooling short term high fuel consumption, long term sludge/engine damage.

I suggest you set your car back to its factory state fans and thermostat.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Error Codes

P2184: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 low voltage
P0135: A/F sensor S1 Heater circuit malfunction
P0700: A/T System Malfunction
P0706: A/T Range Switch Open

Throttle is cable

Would appreciate it if you could send me the contact of a good mechanic..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
bashexyz: Error Codes

Throttle is cable

Iv seen ur codes, u still did not tell us what make of honda or the engine type.

One of your oxygen sensors is bad S1 (sensor 1) but u didn't indicate what bank incomplete code. This will contribute to your high fuel consumption.

The other codes are transmission related.

Where are you located?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Titan5g: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
@Luvinhubby, we had talked , but traveled and now back.

Please I need the price of
1. New complete front strut(right and left )for 2005 honda pilot.
2. complete lower arm (including bushings and ball joint)

I need to change these in my pilot.

text price to 08170203946, and would you deliver in Victoria Island so i pay cash on delivery.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2014
bashexyz: Error Codes

Throttle is cable

P2184 is your coolant temperature sensor attached to your radiator that monitors the temperature range of your coolant.
P0135 is your bank 1, sensor 1 Oxygen sensor (the shorter of the two O2 sensors) that is attached to your manifold.
P0700 & P0706 are related and has to do with your transmission contro sensor that has a wire harness attached to it.

Any decent Honda mechanic can attend to that for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumma(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dear Luvinhubby,

I need to inquire about my 2007 honda engine seats.... I complained to you that my car vibrates when Im on 120/140 K/MPH gave me mech the key to drive to the express and give me a list of whatever needs to be done to restore the sanity of the car as its too sweet to be driving below the stated speed and it cripples my love for the car too.... my mech on the other has gradually turned me into an ATM taking the car in the morning and bringing it at 5:00pm with no substantial result yet he gets paid.

On one of his return last week, i told him i still experienced the vibration and this was when he discovered another engine seat on the lower end that needs to be changed. Im frustrated but I need to get a professional who can fix this once and for all.... plus my car will be due for service so kindly send your boy to deliver my usual at my allen office.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
drumma: Dear Luvinhubby,

I need to inquire about my 2007 honda engine seats.... I complained to you that my car vibrates when Im on 120/140 K/MPH gave me mech the key to drive to the express and give me a list of whatever needs to be done to restore the sanity of the car as its too sweet to be driving below the stated speed and it cripples my love for the car too.... my mech on the other has gradually turned me into an ATM taking the car in the morning and bringing it at 5:00pm with no substantial result yet he gets paid.

On one of his return last week, i told him i still experienced the vibration and this was when he discovered another engine seat on the lower end that needs to be changed. Im frustrated but I need to get a professional who can fix this once and for all.... plus my car will be due for service so kindly send your boy to deliver my usual at my allen office.

A check on your disc rotors coupled with changing the engine may be the solution to the problem.
Check my signature and call or send me an SMS
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello house, my honda accord 2000 has issues. It doesn't change gears when driving. It initially moves with d4 and then stops. I have to put off the engine, restart and then move on 2. D4 and d3 no longer engage. Just tonight, the d4 light started blinking on he dashboard. My mechanic already changed the transmission fluid twice and the gear switches once. All of these happened after I drove it to Ogbomosho and back last weekend. Pls help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
drumma: Dear Luvinhubby,

Get proper wheel balance and swap front tires to back and back to front while also crossing them from left to right and right to left.

If the problem becomes better, good for you. If it gets worst then you may have a wheel or tire problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumma(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2014
@adanny01.... thanks for the tips, will consider the left to right change options as the two front tires are just 1 months old.. bought them in June.

adanny01:

Get proper wheel balance and swap front tires to back and back to front while also crossing them from left to right and right to left.

If the problem becomes better, good for you. If it gets worst then you may have a wheel or tire problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fognext: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
hi luvinhubby and everybody else, i own a 1990 accord and it uses a manual tranny. The flywheel was changed once and the lower and upper clutch kits were about 2 times. I have noticed for a while now that i have to apply a bit more effort in changing the gear. There is always this stuffness. Also i sometimes have to always slow down almost to a complete stop before i down gear from mostly from 2 to 1 because while trying to do that, i hear the sound of the gear teeth coming in contact with each other even with the clutch completely pressed down. I would appreciate it if u could help me out with this problem. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
fognext: hi luvinhubby and everybody else, i own a 1990 accord and it uses a manual tranny. The flywheel was changed once and the lower and upper clutch kits were about 2 times. I have noticed for a while now that i have to apply a bit more effort in changing the gear. There is always this stuffness. Also i sometimes have to always slow down almost to a complete stop before i down gear from mostly from 2 to 1 because while trying to do that, i hear the sound of the gear teeth coming in contact with each other even with the clutch completely pressed down. I would appreciate it if u could help me out with this problem. Thanks
Change your clutch disc and the up and down clutch pots, don`t change the clutch kits as they don`t last long, that should take care of the problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.