Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,362 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (937954 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lwise(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2015
Whenever i turn my AC on,after five minutes I start perceiving offensive odour.
Very annoying.

Honda babyboy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 22, 2015
lwise:
Whenever i turn my AC on,after five minutes I start perceiving offensive odour.
Very annoying.

Honda babyboy.

AC system needs serious flushing.
The pipes and other places could have accumulated bacteria/fungi - rot inthe system.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2015
Greetings gurus in the house,
I'll appreciate if you advice on what to do because i'm in Benue and most of our techs/engrs here are not well tutored.
1. My a.c doesn't cool as much as it does early in the morning and in the evenings. It's often just fair when the weather is hot which is the ideal time to use the a.c. It's a Honda Accord 2001 I4.
2. I changed my fuel pump and since then I have been having a continuous hissing noise around the trunk once the engine is running, the mech who carried out the change said it'll stop and it's like 3weeks now.
God bless us all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abidemidare: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

- Burnt ATF
- Faulty gear solenoid (flat switch)
- Your gear is singing 'oh lord i'm coming home'. cheesy

Luvinhubby, I really appreciate all ur posts here, pls can I have ur contact? Or u can reach me on 08062466118.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
abidemidare:

Luvinhubby, I really appreciate all ur posts here, pls can I have ur contact? Or u can reach me on 08062466118.

Thanks and God bless

08029255299 luvinhubby.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
My brake is working fine, but i have TCS, BRAKE and ABS light showing on my dashboard Honda accord hybrid 2005. anybody knows what is the cause, where to fix it and how much it will cost? thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
igbizen:
My brake is working fine, but i have TCS, BRAKE and ABS light showing on my dashboard Honda accord hybrid 2005. anybody knows what is the cause, where to fix it and how much it will cost? thanks

Vehicle requires a scan, scan will pinpoint the exact culprit (abs sensor, pump, cv joint, .......) There after vehicle can be repaired without guessing.

For a scan and repair call 08023251039.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
igbizen:
The ABS module controls both TCS & ABS system of your vehicle, that is the probable culprit, alongside your ABS cable.
The brakelight MAY have a different cause, tthe fluid level in the brake cylinder, worn out pads can trigger that one.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreenWorld: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello house, please I need good tested and competent Honda mechanic around Abule Egba - Oko- Oba, Egbeda, Agege or yana Ipaja environs

Also, my fuel gauge does not read. It light keep flashing even when I have a full tank. I need help here please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
GreenWorld:
Hello house, please I need good tested and competent Honda mechanic around Abule Egba - Oko- Oba, Egbeda, Agege or yana Ipaja environs

Also, my fuel gauge does not read. It light keep flashing even when I have a full tank. I need help here please

Ifako haruna bustop close enough? 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
blendz4real:
I'll appreciate if you advice on what to do because i'm in Benue and most of our techs/engrs here are not well tutored.
1. My a.c doesn't cool as much as it does early in the morning and in the evenings. It's often just fair when the weather is hot which is the ideal time to use the a.c. It's a Honda Accord 2001 I4.
2. I changed my fuel pump and since then I have been having a continuous hissing noise around the trunk once the engine is running, the mech who carried out the change said it'll stop and it's like 3weeks now.
God bless us all

NEVER being lucky in this section on NL
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 25, 2015
blendz4real:
God bless us all

1. Take vehicle to car wash and have the condenser/radiator blown and have freon (gas) topped. Also have the ac technician scout for leaks - do not leave him to do this and give you a feed back; do the search for leaks with him - get your hands dirty. If there are no leaks then blowing the condenser/radiator at car wash should solve the problem - do not wash engine.

2. Was it a new fuel pump you had mounted or tokunbo? If new, have it switched to tokunbo and make sure it is the one for your car - I once had a foolish mech mount a volkswagen pump (according to another mech) which made audible spunds till its eventual death.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
9jacrip:

1. Take vehicle to car wash and have the condenser/radiator blown and have freon (gas) topped. Also have the ac technician scout for leaks - do not leave him to do this and give you a feed back; do the search for leaks with him - get your hands dirty. If there are no leaks then blowing the condenser/radiator at car wash should solve the problem - do not wash engine.

2. Was it a new fuel pump you had mounted or tokunbo? If new, have it switched to tokunbo and make sure it is the one for your car - I once had a foolish mech mount a volkswagen pump (according to another mech) which made audible spunds till its eventual death.

Thanks a million brotherly. I'll do that as soon as possible. The fuel pump was a new one not tokumbo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreenWorld: 6:58am On Apr 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Ifako haruna bustop close enough? 08023251039

That should be around Ogba? It is ok.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreenWorld: 7:00am On Apr 27, 2015
Please help! My fuel Gauge is Stuck on E. Low Fuel Light Blinking and i have a fuel tank.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
GreenWorld:
Please help! My fuel Gauge is Stuck on E. Low Fuel Light Blinking and i have a fuel tank.

What vehicle? Problem could be from instrument cluster or from fuel gauge inside tank. Start by checking from tank.

P.s burn a reasonable amount of fuel by driving for a day or 2 before doing any work to avoid wasting a lot of petrol when fuel case is removed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Have noticed an influx of Honda ATF-Z1 into our Honda market in Nigeria and will like to seriously caution people about it.
Honda is no more manufacturing ATF-Z1, all that you see around are fake China cloned & labelled fluids being imported from China by my people.
What you get from Honda now is ATF-DW1, which is an advanced formular of Z1.

PLEASE BE GUIDED !!

NB : Will try and post pix of the ATFs soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Inception(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
luvinhubby:
Have noticed an influx of Honda ATF-Z1 into our Honda market in Nigeria and will like to seriously caution people about it.
Honda is no more manufacturing ATF-Z1, all that you see around are fake China cloned & labelled fluids being imported from China by my people.

PLEASE BE GUIDED !!

How far with my Oxygen sensor? this is getting frustrating.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
luvinhubby:

PLEASE BE GUIDED !!

Funny enough,

i saw one somewhere on auto section and had to call the seller about it, he was adamant that the said ATF-Z1 was not a production for a while but now in the market. On pressing further about how the market has been dominated by Chinese counterfeit and Honda replacement with ATF-DW1, Mr. Seller kept on insisting otherwise, i had to call it a day with phone call as i perceived i ain't getting anywhere with convincing him.

It appeared he has not much knowledge with regards to the product he advertised.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Inception:

How far with my Oxygen sensor? this is getting frustrating.
Sorry, abeg who is this?
Edited : Sent this evening, will call u in the morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
inze:

Funny enough,

i saw one somewhere on auto section and had to call the seller about it, he was adamant that the said ATF-Z1 was not a production for a while but now in the market. On pressing further about how the market has been dominated by Chinese counterfeit and Honda replacement with ATF-DW1, Mr. Seller kept on insisting otherwise, i had to call it a day with phone call as i perceived i ain't getting anywhere with convincing him.

It appeared he has not much knowledge with regards to the product he advertised.
That is the pix there, all are China cloned.
Will try and make out time to post pictures of all genuine Honda fluids, there uses & specs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
luvinhubby:

That is the pix there, all are China cloned.
Will try and make out time to post pictures of all genuine Honda fluids, there uses & specs.

Well Said . . .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by wunmi38: 6:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Good day all please I need ur assistance I have accord 2005 EOD its always showing the engine oil sign less than the required time for me to change or service it so my mech said dat maybe the oil he uses is too light he uses total specified engine oil so he changed to another oil but when I asked him he said the engine is getting weak. My question is what can I do should I change the engine will I still get the best and what is the cost of a good engine and if u are good at selling or working on such please send contact.
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Apr 28, 2015
wunmi38:
Good day all please I need ur assistance I have accord 2005 EOD its always showing the engine oil sign less than the required time for me to change or service it so my mech said dat maybe the oil he uses is too light he uses total specified engine oil so he changed to another oil but when I asked him he said the engine is getting weak. My question is what can I do should I change the engine will I still get the best and what is the cost of a good engine and if u are good at selling or working on such please send contact.
Thank you

Replace engine. Its a long term solution.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by wunmi38: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine. Its a long term solution.
Thank you, please do you have idea of the cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
wunmi38:

Thank you, please do you have idea of the cost

cc: Luvinghubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2015
GreenWorld:

I once had this problem, the level gauge is completely bad. have a competent electrician work on it or change it. mine was worked on and I have been using it for almost three yrs now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2015
GreenWorld:

the teeth of your fuel gauge are worn. a good electrician who knows soldering, can help you do a good job. my electrician in warri did mine at 8k but I have been enjoying it for three yrs now. our bad fuel is the cause of this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2015
igbizen:

the teeth of your fuel gauge are worn. a good electrician who knows soldering, can help you do a good job. my electrician in warri did mine at 8k but I have been enjoying it for three yrs now. our bad fuel is the cause of this.

How much be fuel guage nah?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

How much be fuel guage nah?
8k to repair what 5k can replace. grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RazaqMB(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys.. I love what you guys are doing here keep it up. I need advise on a 2002honda accord coupe(nigerian used) v6. How is the fuel efficiency, is it a good car in terms of maintenance, does it have gear and leg issues etc. Una advises are really appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
RazaqMB:
Hi guys.. I love what you guys are doing here keep it up. I need advise on a 2002honda accord coupe(nigerian used) v6. How is the fuel efficiency, is it a good car in terms of maintenance, does it have gear and leg issues etc. Una advises are really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Every car has its issues but the issues do not become problematic if given timely and periodic attention as required.

Forget fuel efficiency with v6. If it matters, go buy 4 plugs instead.

Maintenance is simple, regular oil change, spark plugs cleaning/replacement, air filter change (I do line every 3 to 4 months) because I travel a lot.

Leg issues, change ball joint at intervals of let's say 3 months max if you ply a rugged terrain daily or like 6 months if you ply a tarred road daily but if you can get oem ball joint from UsA then you won't have to change it for a long time.

Naija used: get a scanner. Make sure you scan for engine and tranny errors.

Test drive on federal road. Switch between slow and high speed to observe smoothness of gear change.

If there's delay or you hear thud or bang on gear change. If the tail pipe emits white smoke then run.

I'm sure other egbons here have more to add.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (443) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.