Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

9Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9Ebisco's Profile / 9Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Celebrities / “only God Gives Hits” – Korede Bello Responds To Fan Who Shames His Music Career by 9Ebisco: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2018

Mavin Records artiste, Korede Bello has been applauded by Twitter users for what may be described as an epic clapback or an emotional response to someone who tried to shame him.

Twitter user, @king_adze won thousands of retweets when he wrote, “Basically the highlight of Korede Bello’s career is that after “God win“, his village people later won” but the singer may have got the last laugh when he replied, “Lol let’s not give my village people the criedit. Only God gives hits. So hopefully He’ll give me another one you guys would love soon“.

Korede Bello’s 2015 single, Godwin earned him a MTV Africa Music Award nomination in the Song of the Year category and a Headies award for Best Pop Single.

The singer has yet to release another track that matches or surpasses Godwin’s success.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-zZetDnu0FMs/W1M_w9PkFeI/AAAAAAABFtM/qG2gGcpnKc4DyUns4ReM6TLeChEFe3L7wCLcBGAs/s1600/capture-20180721-151418-crop.png[/img]

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/only-god-gives-hits-korede-bello.html
Politics / Ortom Speaks On His Future In APC by 9Ebisco: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom has said he would soon make a final decision on his future in the All Progressives Congress, APC.

According to the governor, the suspense would soon be over as he would make his intention known in no distant time.

Ortom had on Monday alleged that the ruling APC had issued him a red card, stressing that he was no longer a member of the party.

However, after a meeting with the APC chairman, Adams Oshiomhole on Thursday, the governor swallowed his word and rescinded that he was still flying the party’s flag.

Speaking with newsmen at the Benue Peoples House, Makurdi, on his return from Abuja, the Governor said he plans to consult stakeholders in the state before making public the next move regarding his membership of the ruling party, stressing that he would obey the wishes of Benue people on the matter.

Ortom said comments and write-ups in the media alleging that he had made a u-turn were unfounded, saying that his earlier statement regarding a red card remained the same.

On what he discussed at the meeting with the Peoples Democratic Party leaders in Kwara State earlier this week, Governor Ortom said he travelled to Ilorin for burial.

He thanked his numerous supporters within and outside Benue State for the goodwill they had shown him, giving assurance that he would not let them down.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ortom-speaks-on-his-future-in-apc.html

Religion / Herdsmen Killings: What Adeboye Told Plateau Victims by 9Ebisco: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2018
General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) on Wednesday donated relief materials to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.

The victims were villagers affected by attacks and killings allegedly perpetrated by herdsmen last month.

The Special Assistant to Adeboye and Regional Pastor in charge of Region 8 (Plateau Family), Sunday Edward Akande, extended Adeboye’s message to the IDPs.

Adeboye was quoted as condemning the killings, while commiserating with the people and government of Plateau State.

He said “This gesture is to cushion the hardship being experienced at the moment as Internally Displaced Persons.

“We all know that it is not your own making that you are here; none of you is happy to be here; but because situation calls for it, we decided to come and identify with you.

“There is nothing we will give you that will be equal to what you have lost, but the little we have come with is just to support you”.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/herdsmen-killings-what-adeboye-told.html

Celebrities / Why My Father Rejected Me From Birth – Chika Ike by 9Ebisco: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nollywood actress, Chika Ike has revealed how she was rejected by her father from birth because he wanted a male child.

The actress, who recently released a book, has revealed what motivated her into writing the book.

In a post on Instagram, She said, “I was rejected from birth by my father because he didn’t want a girl. So, it (that section) talks about me, my challenges growing up and the rejection I faced from my family. The book also talks about the business world because people think I like money’’.

‘’Well, they may be right because I grew up with nothing and don’t want to be a failure and I always push myself to succeed. I want to challenge myself to be somebody people thought I can never be.

“In the business world (section), I talk about how to have a successful business. I went to Harvard Business School. Harvard Business School was a launch pad for me because I found myself in a room with professionals – big people who run global businesses – sitting among business tycoons. I talked about tricks and how to run a successful business.

Chika Ike also highlighted the importance of the society in human’s existence. To run a successful business empire goes beyond huge money, she explained.

“When I was in Harvard Business School, the first two weeks was about personal case studies and personal development. I was given a coach and I was like I didn’t come here to talk about my family and my life. But the school authority realizes that before you can be successful in your business you must deal with the home front first.

I spoke so much about my life, family and how I was rejected by my father who was a good husband and father to all his children. But I didn’t have a good relationship with him growing up.

‘’I learnt early that you have to fight for yourself because at the end of the day, it is you alone. I talked about my father, my mother and my siblings.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/why-my-father-rejected-me-from-birth.html

Politics / Court Orders Enugu AG, Prisons To Produce 32 Detained Pro-biafra Agitators by 9Ebisco: 12:56am On Jul 18, 2018
An Enugu North Magistrate Court, on Tuesday, ordered the Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of Enugu State and the Nigeria Prisons Service to produce 32 detained pro-Biafra agitators.

The detained activists are members of the Ralph Uwazurike-led Biafra Independent Movement faction of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

They were arrested on May 22, while parading through Enugu metropolis to celebrate the ‘Biafra Day.’

BIM, unlike MASSOB and the Indigenous People of Biafra, mark the Biafra Day on May 22, rather than May 30, which is the date the defunct Republic of Biafra declared independence from Nigeria in 1967.

Shortly after their arrest, the 32 agitators were charged with treason and arraigned before the magistrate court, where they pleaded not guilty.

They were subsequently remanded in Enugu Prisons.

But their trial had stalled since then, as the matter was adjourned on two occasions due to the inability of the police and officials of the Enugu Prisons to produce them in court.

When the matter came up again on Tuesday, the accused persons were again not in court.

Miffed at the development, the defence counsel, C. O. Obiekwe, accused the Federal Government of persecuting the agitators, who he said did not commit any offence.

He described the development as ‘anti-democratic.’

Obiekwe added that the prisons authorities had no excuse for the failure to produce his clients in court.

“The prison authorities have no genuine reason, the other time they said they had no member of staff, this time no vehicle. By my checks, they brought 17 other accused persons to court today, so why did they not go back to bring the other 32 persons?”

An official of the Enugu Prisons, however, blamed the failure to produce the agitators on ‘logistics challenges.’

“We have over 102 inmates going to court today, some went to Obollo-Afor, Amagunze, and several other places. So, there is a shortage of vehicles.

“We prefer Fridays because we have fewer cases. Other days we used to have 40 to 60, but today, we have the highest number and most of our vehicles are engaged,” a Senior Prisons Assistant, Mr Ude Ambrose, told the court.

The presiding magistrate, His Worship Sam Okoro, ordered that the accused persons must be brought to court on the next adjourned date, July 26.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/court-orders-enugu-ag-prisons-to.html

Politics / Ekiti Election: What Fayemi’s Victory Means – NIM by 9Ebisco: 10:38am On Jul 17, 2018
The Nigeria Intervention Movement, being spearheaded by a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), and others, has congratulated Kayode Fayemi for his victory in the Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti State.

Fayemi, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, polled 197,459 votes, to defeat his strongest contender, Prof Kolapo Olusola, of the Peoples Democratic Party, who polled 178,121 votes.

In a statement on Monday by its coordinator in Ekiti State, Moses Jolayemi, NIM described Fayemi’s victory at the poll as well-deserved, heartwarming and good news to democracy.

The movement said Fayemi’s victory had confirmed its earlier position that Ekiti people were determined “to move away from the era of glorifying poverty and embracing pittance.”

It commended the Independent National Electoral Commission and the security agents for ensuring a hitch-free exercise.

“Prior to the election, NIM, Ekiti State chapter, had recommended Fayemi to the national body as the preferred candidate after due consultations with other candidates vis-a-vis their programmes and philosophies about governance as well as NIM leaders and members across the state, leaders of thought and other stakeholders.

“An earlier statement jointly signed by Jolayemi and the South-West Secretary of NIM, Prof Anthony Kila, said the intervention movement zeroed in on Fayemi after due diligence had been carried out on the leading candidates for the election.

“The choice of Fayemi confirmed the earlier position of NIM that Ekiti people were determined to move away from the era of glorifying poverty and embracing pittance,” the statement read in part.

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-election-what-fayemis-victory.html
Politics / What I’ll Do In My First Six Months As Governor – Fayemi by 9Ebisco: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2018
The winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi has said that he will pay the backlog of salaries owed civil servants in the state within the first six months of his return to office.

Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress beat Kolapo Olusola of the Peoples Democratic Party in a keenly contested race to succeed the incumbent Governor Ayodele Fayose.

Speaking at his residence in Isan-Ekiti, the former Minister of Solid Mineral Development, said Ekiti State lost value under Fayose, while also promising to re-introduce free education in the state.

He said, “Ekiti people should expect the eight-point agenda redoubled. They should expect the backlog of salaries cleared within the first six months of my coming to the office. They should expect re-introduction of free education, including payment of fees for the West Africa Examination Council, National Examination Council, National Business and Technical Examinations Board and the national entrance examination into tertiary institutions which they lost out on.

“We will re-introduce social security scheme for the elderly in an enhanced manner. They should expect the return of our youth volunteer programme. Luckily, the Federal Government has started a programme similar to what we used to have in Ekiti State, called N-Power. We will add our own initiative to that programme.

“The outgoing government is not interested in what happens to the young in our society beyond using them as thugs and forcing them to eat crumbs from the table of the master. They should expect a return to decency, decorum, integrity, values in Ekiti State. It is about reclaiming our land and restoring our values which we have lost in the past four years.”

READ MORE AT>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/what-ill-do-in-my-first-six-months-as.html

Politics / Ekiti: Sule Lamido Attacks Buhari Over Governorship Poll by 9Ebisco: 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
Sule Lamido, former governor of Jigawa State, has lamented the alleged militarization of the just concluded governorship election in Ekiti State.

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential aspirant claimed that the alleged militarization was because President Muhammadu Buhari was once a military General.

Addressing journalists in Kano, the PDP chieftain, however, wished that 2019 elections won’t be like the just concluded election in Ekiti State.

According to Lamido, “The election process in Ekiti was heavily militarized; and I know it shouldn’t be a surprise because we are being led by a former military General who was also a former military Head of State, who was known for arresting political leaders.

“Number two, you see, Buhari only says politicians are this, politicians are that, which means he is not a politician.

“So, I think the election in Ekiti, to me, if it is the wish of the people that is announced as the result, I have no quarrels with it. I hope, also, that this is not the kind of thing we are going to experience in 2019 elections because it will spell doom for democracy.

“You see, even before the election, there was this acrimony, the atmosphere was very tensed. You see, sending 30, 000 policemen in Ekiti for a governorship election is very worrisome.

“From what I heard, they said they sent 30, 000 policemen, we don’t know the number of other security agencies and para-military. If in 2019, they are sending 30, 000 policemen to conduct elections in each state, that means 30, 000 times 36, including Abuja—this is very curious.

“If this was how that election was conducted, that means they instilled fear in the people. To me, the election has come and gone, it has been conducted and the winner has been declared, I certainly hope that it is the wish of the people that was declared. Let it be the wish of the people that is being declared, simple.”

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-sule-lamido-attacks-buhari-over.html

Sports / Drogba Reveals Player That Should Win Ballon D’or Prize by 9Ebisco: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2018
Former Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba, has tipped France forward, Kylian Mbappe, to win the Ballon D’Or award.

He said the young talent could take home the coveted prize if he maintained his fine form.

The 19-year-old is one of the top performers at the 2018 World Cup, with three goals in six appearances.

Mbappe is expected to put up another typically energetic display again on Sunday, when they face Croatia in the final.

Drogba, who met Mbappe at the Elysee Palace in a meeting with President Emmanuel Macron and President George Weah in February, believes the pacy forward can win the prestigious individual honour.

“He’s a kid that I know. I’ve seen him play the last few years and I know the people who helped him to be the player he is now.

“I’m very happy for him. And if he continues like this, why not? Why not win the Ballon d’Or? I had the chance to meet him and we had an important meeting with a lot of influential people in France, with the president Mr Macron.

“We were exchanging ideas and when he started speaking I can tell you that the kid is 19-years-old but he’s not a kid. He’s very mature and he’s very composed when he’s talking,” SkySports quoted Drogba as saying.

READ MORE AT>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/drogba-reveals-player-that-should-win.html

Politics / 2019: PDP Begs Obasanjo, Updates Him On Coalition Against Buhari by 9Ebisco: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has apologised to former president Olusegun Obasanjo for “bad conduct and mistreatment”.

The was contained in a statement issued on Saturday by Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo’s spokesman.

He said the party’s national chairman, Uche Secondus, who led a 21-member delegation of the party’s National Working Committee on a courtesy call on Obasanjo, gave the apology.

Other issues raised by Secondus, according to Akinyemi, were the situation in the country, the progress of the Memorandum of Understanding on grand alliance of the Coalition of United Political Parties.

The main objective of the coalition’s agreement is to defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Akinyemi disclosed that the PDP national chairman also appealed to Obasanjo to continue to proffer solutions to the nation’s socio-economic and political problems.

Secondus, who spoke with newsmen shortly after the meeting, said the chieftains of the party were in Abeokuta to consult with Obasanjo ahead of the 2019 general elections.

He emphasised that the consultation had become necessary to seek direction from Obasanjo and factor in his pieces of advice as PDP prepares for the 2019 general elections.

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/2019-pdp-begs-obasanjo-updates-him-on.html

Celebrities / Nigerians Reacts To Yemi Alade’s Comparison Of Self To Davido, Wizkid by 9Ebisco: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nigerian singer, Yemi Alade has sparked controversy online after she compared herself to Music superstars, Davido and Wizkid.

Earlier, DAILY POST reported that Yemi had in an interview said she is operating on the same level as Davido and Wizkid.

She was quoted as saying, “The same capacity Wizkid holds down in Africa, I hold it down, the same capacity Davido holds down in Africa, I hold it down, the same venues, we all shut it down.

“So there is no number one, and that is the truth but not everybody will agree to that, people will say Yemi shut up but that is the truth. Why don’t we go ask the promoters, the people who know the numbers?”

Nigerians on social media have, however, expressed divergent opinions on the singer’s claim.

While some believe that she actually measures up to the mentioned superstars, others warned her against such comparison, insisting that Davido and Wizkid are now international names.

Mavin Queen, Tiwa Savage was also dragged into the conversation as some Nigerians compared her music to that of Yemi Alade.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST…

@Amdou1972 “Only a crazy man can compare Wizkid or DAvido to Yemi Alade, herself know that she is below them, she said that for not to downgrade herself.”

@King “I think Yemi Alade was high on Ghana weed when she said she’s on the same level with Wizkid and Davido.” Coz I really don’t want to believe she said that with clear eyes.

@Okeolodo “I know Davido, I know Wizkid but I don’t know who Yemi Alade is.”

@Promise_cures “The issue is some of you never think of life beyond Lagos and Nigeria. Yemi Alade is steady selling out shows across Africa but we’re sleeping on her in Nigeria. If you say it’s cos of lyrical content then you’d better not be listening to Wizkid and Davido.”

@Sigmund sucre “If the music is a church service, Davido, Wizkid are the people ushers lead to the front, as for Yemi Alade, let’s just say there is a seat for her under canopy, outside.”

@Sanhilz1 “Yemi Alade is killing it, whether she sings rubbish or not. All Nigeria artistes including @iam_Davido and @wizkidayo haven’t beat her record of stream on YouTube…She can pull a crowd like them in Nigeria or abroad.”

@Manlikeicey “You can criticize Yemi Alade from now till tomorrow, it’s all good but just know she’s the biggest female artiste in Africa read well I didn’t say best, I said biggest if you doubt it’s fine but just know if you reply this with epistles I’ll still not reply and argue with you.”

@MaziOsita “As far as music on the continent is concerned, she is not wrong. Yemi Alade is an A-list African musician and performer.”

@Starboy “Yemi Alade said that she’s on the same level with Davido and Wizkid there’s nothing wrong in believing in yourself Falsely.”

@AtomTgold “Until Tiwa Savage release another banger. How many times have you heard her grant interview and “say” she is the biggest. Most times it’s Yemi Alade that does that. I’m not sure I have listened to any Yemi’s song aside Johnny. Tiwa makes the song do the talking for her. Yemi lack lyrics.”

@KelvinOdaz “Yemi Alade’s fame outside Nigeria is something close to Sky B in 2007/2008. You knew that guy was singing trash but you can’t deny his fame. He was so huge back then. Like Yemi Alade’s music or not, but she is definitely the biggest Nigerian female artist outside of Nigeria.”

@SegunHAssan “So Yemi Alade has suddenly become a thing to reckon with in the Nigerian music Industry and Africa as a whole.”

@Sammieyellowe “Tiwa Savage is the biggest female artiste in Nigeria at the moment, Yemi Alade was one time the biggest female artiste when Tiwa Savage was pregnant, she used that opportunity really well to come out strong.”

@Duruchibuzore “Yemi Alade has shut down some of the world’s most iconic centres. But the Nigerian entertainment media is favorable to the men when it comes to news dissemination. Yemi has a cult followership outside Nigeria.”

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/nigerians-reacts-to-yemi-alades.html

Sports / Transfer News: Manchester United Ready £50 Million For Leicester’s Maguire by 9Ebisco: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Manchester United are ready to pay £50 million for Leicester City defender, Harry Maguire.

Maguire is an integral part of the England team that reached the semi-final stage of the 2018 World Cup.

He has caught the interest of Manchester United with his impressive performances for the national side.

Daily Mail reports that Jose Mourinho is willing to pay £50 million for the 25-year-old, despite Leicester only signing him a year previously for a much lower fee of £17 million.

However, Leicester City want to keep the player, especially after proving how good he can be on the highest stage- the World Cup.

The solid defender could replace other England internationals, Phil Jones or Chris Smalling in the Manchester United defence if he finally moves.f

READ MORE>>> http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/transfer-news-manchester-united-ready.html

Politics / Plateau Attacks: Berom Nation Decry Condition Of Children, Women In Idps Camps by 9Ebisco: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
The Berom Educational and Cultural Organization (BECO) in Plateau State has decried the deplorable condition of over 38,000 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) at various IDPs camps spread across five Local Government Areas of the state, in the wake of the recent attacks by suspected herdsmen that claimed over 200 lives in the State.

BECO, which is the umbrella body of the Berom ethnic nationality, spoke in Jos through its Vice President, Da Iliya Choji Kim, who described the condition of IDPs in the camps as “pitiable and dehumanizing”.

Kim said, “We observe with dismay that facilities at the makeshift camps were grossly inadequate to provide minimum comfort for the internally displaced persons who are made up of traumatized and agonized women, children and the aged.

“The Camps lack basic facilities and services such as toilets, water, beds, medical care, food, sanitation and are poorly managed and insecure currently.

“Most of the camps are overcrowded thereby making victims of gruesome attacks vulnerable to the outbreak of diseases,” he lamented.

The Berom nation expressed worry that most children at the camps have missed their examination and do not know when to return to school.

“The children are seen roaming about without any form of teaching or learning activities”.

It noted that although the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) had provided some relief materials to the camps, but said they are grossly inadequate.

The body appealed to NEMA and SEMA to urgently provide more facilities and increase supplies to the camps.

It further called on faith-based organisations, International non-governmental organisations and the United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR) to come to the rescue of the displaced persons.

READ MORE>>> http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/plateau-attacks-berom-nation-decry.html

Celebrities / This Photo Of Rita Dominic Will Make Your Day by 9Ebisco: 12:53am On Jul 12, 2018
The Nollywood actress shared the photo above on her IG page, flaunting her stunning nude makeup.

She is indeed a beautiful woman!

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/this-photo-of-rita-dominic-will-make.html

Celebrities / Tboss exposes men who send Joystick pictures to her (See Photos) by 9Ebisco: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Tboss, has called out men who send her pictures of their Joystick to stop the immoral act.

Tboss, took to her Snapchat page lamenting the pictures, saying they were violating her eyes.

On her Snapchat, she wrote, “Dear guys, you all need to stop sending D*ck pictures.

“Like yo, my chest is hurting from what just jumped at me not to mention the violation it caused my eyes.

“My beautiful personal space is not so personal anymore.

“So now that you have shown me your bits, what are you expecting to happen? Am I supposed to call you up?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/tboss-exposes-men-who-send-joystick.html

Politics / Ekiti Guber: PDP Reacts To Ngige Begging That Fayose Be Voted On Saturday by 9Ebisco: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Tuesday reacted to the remark by the Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige urging people of Ekiti State to vote for the incumbent Governor of the State, Ayodele Fayose during the Saturday’s governorship election.

Ngige had mistakenly urged people of the state to vote for Fayose during the Saturday’s election.

The Minister said this during the grand finale of APC governorship rally in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

Reacting, the PDP said the Minister’s remark was an indication of President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure.

In a statement by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, PDP also urged Buhari to learn from Fayose instead of spreading “proclivities for divisiveness, harsh economic policies and de-marketing of our nation
in the international arena.”

The statement reads partly, “We are however not surprised at the remarks by the Minister of Labour, Senator Chris Ngige, who, in sub-conscious sincerity, advised the people of Ekiti state to reject the APC candidate and endorsed the PDP-led administration of Governor Ayo Fayose.

“The PDP therefore counsels President Buhari to use the visit to learn the art of governance from Governor Fayose instead of his proclivities
for divisiveness, harsh economic policies and de-marketing of our nation in the international arena.

“Mr. President should go round the state and see for himself, the numerous landmark projects executed by the Fayose-led PDP government, after which he should appropriately advice his party members on their futility of contesting the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti.”

The people of Ekiti state have not “forgotten how President Buhari and the APC failed to take any action or even offer any soothing words when marauders attacked and murdered innocent citizens in the state earlier in the year.

“The APC should therefore come to terms with the fact that their lies, propaganda, empty promises and threats cannot, in any way, sway the people of Ekiti state from their iron-cast resolve to rally with the PDP for the continuation of good governance, peace and development in their state,” it added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-guber-pdp-reacts-to-ngige-begging.html

Politics / 2019: Okupe Urges Saraki To Run Against Buhari by 9Ebisco: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2018
A chieftain of the Accord Party and former presidential spokesperson, Doyin Okupe has urged Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to take advantage of his increasing popularity and vie for the 2019 presidential election.

Okupe gave the advice while speaking on the crisis in the All Progressives Congress (APC), which led to the formation of the Reformed APC (R-APC) by some aggrieved members of the ruling party.

The former presidential aide, who fielded questions on Channels Television programme, Sunrise Daily, said: “Apart from President Muhammadu Buhari, the next most visible and most notable politician in Nigeria today is Bukola Saraki and he would do himself a great favour if he steps into the ring and run for President. He has the pedigree.

“Saraki has the required exposure and experience from being a Special Assistant to the President, to being a two-term governor and now Senate President. He has been through different stages of leadership and this makes him stand out among many other aspirants who have indicated interest to become President.”

Answering a question on the possibility of Saraki clinching the APC presidential ticket against Buhari, who has indicated interest to run for second term, Okupe added: “APC would be doing themselves a favour if they do not allow the President to run, and I don’t see Saraki contesting the primary in the APC, it is impossible. The hostility against him in the APC is too much. That is why he needs to move to another party where he can form alliance with other parties to contest.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/2019-okupe-urges-saraki-to-run-against.html

Politics / Anglican Archbishop Elect Says Nigeria Is Deeply Sick, Proffers 12 Solutions by 9Ebisco: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
The Archbishop elect, Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity Anglican Communion, Niger Delta Province, Most Rev. Tunde Adeleye has said that Nigeria is deeply sick.

Addressing a press conference in Calabar on Monday to mark the 2018 Synod of the Church, the Archbishop lamented that Nigeria has derailed from what the country was known for.

“Nigeria is failing as a nation, if not failed already. The rail on which the foundation of Nigeria was laid is rusted under our feet.

“We left the path our founders laid for us. We cannot now say that what we have now is what Sir Ahmadu Bello, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe etc fought for.

“I said in a meeting recently that if any of these people should wake up from their graves today and see what is going on in Nigeria, they might prefer to die again.”

He listed thirty-four problems afflicting Nigeria including: corruption, kidnapping, nepotism, terrorism, unemployment, insecurity assassinations and ethnicity.

Others were: diseases, strikes, lack of patriotism, greediness, no road, eye service, deceit, wicked negligence and abandonment of youth, malicious negligence of the aged, marginalization of ethnic group, witch-hunting, vandalism and religious segmentation leading to collusion.

He also listed thoroughly-failed government institutions, non-functional economy, painlessness – no human development, inequality in Nigeria, poverty, tribalism, violence, bad leadership, non ideological and directionless political parties, election rigging, demise of democracy, countless political parties and menace of herdsmen.

The Archbishop elect proffered 12 point-solutions which included: federalism, state police, financial autonomy, state to design her education policy, resource control, survival/prevalence of fundamental human right, separation of power, states constitution, no state religion, states should establish and maintain their own schools, criminal justice should be a combined responsibility of the state and federal government.

He said, “Judging from these, it is clear that Nigeria is not operating the federal system at all. Ours is more of a Unitary government. Until and unless we begin a federal system of government in Nigeria we may, unfortunately, continue to suffer in the ways we are suffering now.”

Adeleye however urged Nigerians to pray more than ever before, stressing that “Prayers can deliver us from this suffering we are going through now. The hearts of the Kings are in God’s hands”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/anglican-archbishop-elect-says-nigeria.html

1 Like

Politics / Killings: Kalu Speaks On Buhari Being Behind Herdsmen by 9Ebisco: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2018
Former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, has criticised those accusing President Muhammadu Buhari of not making efforts to end incessant killings in Nigeria

Kalu said the president had taken new steps to address the killings.

He further referred to those accusing Buhari of being behind herdsmen as having a ‘sick mind’ noting that a president would not kill its citizens intentionally.

He made the remark while speaking at a dinner in honour of the outgoing Czech Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Pavel Mikeš, in Abuja at the weekend.

“It is surprising when people accuse our president of supporting the killer herdsmen. It’s just a sick mind that will say that. It is embarrassing to even hear that.

“It is not possible for anyone directly elected by the people. No president would want to see his people dying.

“President Buhari has taken a new step. He was in Plateau, Benue and other places. He is committed to make sure that these killings stop,” Kalu said, urging state governors to do more in addressing the killings.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/killings-kalu-speaks-on-buhari-being.html

Celebrities / Nina Savagely Replies Fan Curious To Know Name Of Her Bleaching Cream by 9Ebisco: 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
A trending photo of Nina Chinonso Onyenobi shows she might have been dark-skinned in the past

Big Brother Naija ex-housemate, Nina, who returned to school to prepare for her exam was dragged into a banter with a follower who asked if she truly bleached her skin and also curious about what product Nina used.

The ex-Big Brother Naija star is known for her glowing light skin which has further popularized her brand outside the house.

Some social media users believe that the 23-year old may have bleached her skin as it is a common trend on social media.

Nina’s follower who asked for the name of the bleaching cream she used, got a savage clapback from the reality show star who asked her to use urine because it works.

See screenshot of their exchange below:-

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/nina-savagely-replies-fan-curious-to.html

Politics / Asari Dokubo Blasts Plateau, Benue Residents For “crying Like Babies” Over Killi by 9Ebisco: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2018
The founder of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari has called on the people in the Middle Belt region to stop crying like babies.

He said they should rather protect themselves against attacks by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

He called on the people of Plateau, Benue, Kogi, Taraba and Nasarawa to rise up in their own defence and stop the consumption of cow meat.

Speaking in an interview with Saturday PUNCH, Dokubo-Asari said: “They should stop crying like babies and stop behaving like cowards because the people who are killing them are not gods. The first law of survival is self defence.

“Till today, people in Plateau, Benue, Kogi, Taraba and Kogi states are still eating their cows. Those of us that are not eating their cows are extremists. It is shameful that the people of Middle Belt are crying like babies and other people are killing them. Don’t they have hands to defend their lives?

“They have every right to defend themselves. They should protect themselves and stop complaining.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/asari-dokubo-blasts-plateau-benue.html

1 Like

Politics / Omokri Reveals Why Nigerians Blame Buhari For Killings By Herdsmen by 9Ebisco: 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
Reno Omokri, a former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, has revealed why Nigerians are blaming President Muhammadu Buhari for the killing of innocent Nigerians by suspected herdsmen.

Addressing Buhari on Twitter, Omokri faulted the insinuation by the President that he was being accused of supporting the killings because he was a Fulani, claiming that those suggesting that Buhari was in support of the herdsmen based their conclusion on evidence not emotion.

He tweeted, “Dear Buhari, those suggesting you support herdsmen because you are Fulani don’t have ‘’evil minds’’ they base it on evidence not emotion.

‘’you sent soldiers to kill Shiite

‘’you sent the army to IPOB

‘’you sent crocodile to smile to militants

‘’When it comes to herdsmen you sent PRAYERS!” Omokri wrote.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/omokri-reveals-why-nigerians-blame.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Ciroma: How Babangida Reacted To Ex-cbn Gov’s Demise by 9Ebisco: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Former head of state, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has described the death of Malam Adamu Ciroma as a great loss.

A statement he signed on Thursday described the deceased as a patriotic.

General Babangida said: “Although death is inevitable and one day we shall all return to our creator. Indeed, Malam Adamu Ciroma was a rare gem that has versatility and a pillar of national decelopment who had made positive contributions in various sectors of our national life.

“I must express my sadness over the death of the elder statesman at this critical moment of our national renaissance and cohesion, when Malam Adamu would have played a prominent roles towards proferring solutions to the myriads of our national problems.

“On behalf of myself and my family, I extend our condolence to his entire family, the Fika emirate and to the Government and people of Yobe State on this great loss of pillar of unity.”

Similarly, Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani-Bello in a condolence message signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Jibrin Baba Ndace, said the late elder statesman contributed significantly to national development and that history would remember him as a man who stood for the unity of the nation.

The Governor lauded the hard work, commitment and dedication of the elder-statesman to the development of the nation during his lifetime.

“I wish to state that the late Alhaji Adamu Ciroma lived an exemplary life and was a national pillar while he was alive, he was always ready to serve his fatherland with all his capabilities.

“I urge the Family of Late Adamu Ciroma to take Solace in the fact that he lived a good life, he was an inspiration to many in the country and beyond.

“On behalf of Government and people of Niger State, we extend our sympathy to his family,” he said.

The Governor prayed Allah to grant the deceased Aljana fidausi and the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ciroma-how-babangida-reacted-to-ex-cbn.html

Business / Kaduna Govt Lists 10 Banks Marked For Closure Over N2.3bn Tax by 9Ebisco: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2018
The Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service on Wednesday issued a one week notice to 10 commercial banks operating in the state to remit a total of N2.3 billion withholding tax they owe the government or risk closure.

Francis Kozah, Legal Adviser to the revenue agency told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna that the N2.3 billion was the total withholding tax the banks failed to remit to government between 2011 and 2016.

“We have already commenced the legal process to recover the amount through a written notification to the affected banks operating within the city center,” he said.

Kozah added: “The assessment period is 2011-2016 and the value of the assessment cumulatively is N2.3 billion.

“So, this is the amount of money we are expected to collect as withholding tax of interest from the banks for the period.

“Withholding tax of interest is a tax that is recognized by the personal income tax act as amended in 2011. The tax emanates from the federal legislation and accrues to the states.”

He said the affected banks had been given two weeks ultimatum to initiate payment or risk being sealed off by the state government.

“So the banks that operate in the state are by this law bound to deduct this tax and remit to the government of that state and this is what they have failed to do.

“As I said as required by law, we initiated the process by requesting for certain documents from them that will enable us to complete our tax audit on these banks.

“Some of them supplied part of the information, others did not, so what we did was, we now called a meeting to reconcile our position with them.

“We came with them, we held meetings with them and we agreed at such meetings that we are going to give them some leverage, sometimes, some grace period to enable them supply the information that will enable us perfect and rap up this agreement.

“We entered into written resolution with them and their consultants, they failed to abide by the written agreement and so, failing which our assessment becomes final.

“So we have reached a stage, we are now taking our assessments as final and conclusive,“ he said.

According to him, the present exercise is to notify the affected banks that the assessment is final and conclusive, and are expected to “make payment within seven days, failing which we execute a warrant of restraint on those banks.“

He stressed that “what we would just do is to seal off the banks” after the seven days.

The official listed the banks affected as, Zenith Bank, Diamond Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Ecobank, Skye Bank, Heritage Bank, Unity Bank, Access Bank, Union Bank and Fidelity Bank. (NAN)

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/kaduna-govt-lists-10-banks-marked-for.html

Politics / Killings: Give Army, Police All Money In CBN, FG Can’t Tackle Insecurity – Ekwer by 9Ebisco: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has opined that even though the Federal Government gives all the money in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to the Army and the Police, they can’t tackle insecurity in the country.

He, however, noted that the issue of insecurity in Nigeria is not about money, but wrong approach and structure.

The lawmaker stated this during his appearance on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, on Wednesday in Abuja.

Ekweremadu said, “We are applying the wrong solution to problems that are clearly within our reach to resolve; the issue is not funding.

“If you bring the whole money in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and give to the police, nothing will change – if you do that also with the Army, nothing will change; the problem is structure, not the funding.”

“One of the responsibilities, as I said, is the issue of protection of lives and property.”

Ekweremadu added, “In the formation of the society, government is given enormous powers to have control of instruments of cohesion and so, what has happened now is that the criminal elements have overwhelmed the government and government cannot perform that responsibility of protecting lives and property.

“The criminal elements have overwhelmed the security sector and that’s the issue. We need to do something and that’s what we are talking about by decentralizing the police.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/killings-give-army-police-all-money-in.html

Politics / Oyo 2019: Ex-governor, Alao-akala Formally Joins Guber Race [PHOTOS] by 9Ebisco: 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
The immediate past governor of Oyo state, Chief Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala on Wednesday afternoon formally declared his intention to contest the forthcoming gubernatorial election in the state under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Alao-Akala, who was flanked by his wife, Oluwakemi, made his intention known about 1. 08 pm while addressing his supporters who thronged his Bodija-Ibadan residence to know his political move ahead of the 2019 general elections.

He ruled the state between 2007 and 2011 under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The former governor, who said his decision to recontest the gubernatorial election in 2019 was as a result of several phone calls and text messages he has been receiving from people from various groups and zones in the state, promised to consolidate and build on the achievements of the incumbent governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.

Alao-Akala said, “In the past few months, the political arena in Oyo state has been agog with intense politicking by governorship aspirants jostling to occupy the Agodi Government House. When I had the privilege of occupying that office several years ago, I endeavored to put smiles on the faces of the people of the pace-setter state within the available resources.

“I make bold to say emphatically and unequivocally that my laudable accomplishments in virtually all sectors speak volumes and which without mincing words had earned me the sobriquet of ‘Oyato Governor’.

“Patriotic people of Oyo state for quite some time now, I have been inundated by telephone calls, text messages from well meaning citizens and subjected to intense pressures by Destiny Group, corporate bodies, political associates and friends alike to stage a comeback to the governorship seat of our dear state.”

He added that, “Consequently, with all sense of responsibility and with a view to consolidating and surpass the achievements recorded so far by Governor Abiola Ajimobi towards making Oyo state better, I, Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala having communed with my creator, the Almighty God, my immediate family and due consultations with the critical stakeholders, do solemnly offer myself to contest for the Governorship Seat of Oyo state come 2019. So help me God.

“Finally, I wish to express my heartfelt appreciation to my numerous supporters across the 33 Local Government Areas of the state particularly the Destiny Group. I salute their courage and unwavering commitment to this project. I shall always be grateful to you all. Let us therefore continue to move forward in our collective dreams to build a united, peaceful, politically-stable, economically-viable and better Oyo state.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/oyo-2019-ex-governor-alao-akala.html

1 Like

Politics / Why Buhari Cherishes Nigeria More Than Himself – Ganduje by 9Ebisco: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano State has opined that President Muhammadu Buhari loves Nigeria more than himself.

The governor anchored his claim on the fact that Buhari was committed to ensuring sustainable development in Nigeria.

Ganduje, who said this during the South East All Progressives Congress, APC, dinner in Owerri, the Imo State capital, noted that Buhari was a true democrat.

According to Ganduje, “Buhari is a symbol of unity. Buhari loves Nigeria more than the way he loves himself. He is too much committed to bringing sustainable development to our dear nation. This dinner in his honour is timely and apt.

“Before our dear president came in, we had series of bomb attacks all over the North-east. So also in places like Kano, we had terrible experiences. There was a time in Kano when 10 police stations were bombed simultaneously.

“Over 300 people were killed. We can still remember when there were explosives at Kano Central Mosque, where another set of more than 200 were killed by the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents. But everything is now history. When President Buhari came in, now it is a different story.

“Buhari is absolutely for Nigeria. If we are looking for economic prosperity for the nation, Buhari is the answer. If we are looking for integrity, Buhari is the answer. If we are looking for honesty in the fight against corruption, Buhari is the answer.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/why-buhari-cherishes-nigeria-more-than.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.