Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

9icetoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9icetoo's Profile / 9icetoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

Politics / Re: Some Men Insist On Making Videos Of A Soldier at a check point (Video/Pic) by 9icetoo(m): 10:46am On Mar 11
olatade:
Being seeing videos of northern guys challenging soldiers at checkpoints lately, they should it easy oh! Don't be foolhardy just because you want to prove a point.

Soldiers have become greedy and unruly.

It's not just up north.

It happened on Aba pH expressway this morning.
The trucks conveying fertilizer from indorama refused to drop a dime and physically engaged the soldiers and threw away their logs used to block the roads.

Nothing happened.

Those Hausa boys don't fear soldiers cause most likely
1. they all have relatives in the military
2. They don't fear death like the southerners do
3. Those boys are ready to shut down any area where you unjustly kill one of their own.
4. Some of those trucks are also owned by army ogas.

As a soldier, you also chose your battles wisely. wink

1 Like

Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21
Where is legalo in all this?

He is the only one remaining

His opinion is highly required.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20
Alfred74:
Ayam coming

FRAUD!!!!!!!!

But stadium will soon shift.

We are watching.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20
GAZZUZZ:

45m is just 25k US dollars. If kakaki wanted to make a profit he would refund in naira .

Very difficult for the "haters" to understand.
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20
Appletek:

Will you keep shut. Who asked you?
Those 30 deals, was it not client's money?
Or did Kakaki appoint you as his PRO?
Cho Cho Cho everywhere.

The day they hold your 45M and you are comfortable with it, let us know.

Them don show. cheesy
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20
kowalsky:

Nope. Was not notified.

Were you aware of the pending title?
Autos / Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 9icetoo(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20
greggng:
Is so painful that sincere and honest dealers don't get to meet real opportunities...I have said it many times...don't transfer your money to someone you don't know .forget about how people are patronising them....they might be sponsored agent . I had an experience with someone in usa ...he was shouting on me via phone call from usa ...he said he wants to transfer money to me and I rejected the idea cos I do t know him personally...I suggested he had to send money to any of his relatives in lagos to meet up with me . Eventually he agreed and we had a smooth deal . He still respect me till date . Some will collect your money and use part of it to fight you . Some will even go to baba lawo to do juju for you to forget your money . Terrible dealers are making g this business worse . I pray you get your money

Who is the sincere and honest dealer?

Be kiaful.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: ........ by 9icetoo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11
kingreign:

Why are you deflecting my humble request?
You dey whine abi?
Na simple sturvs I asked you for you start to dry foam for mouth.

If na GLE350, write your moniker on a piece of paper, put beside the command rotary dial and snap the pic like this make we hail you as per we be paupers and you na odogwu.
Instead of that you start to dey stutter like motor wey get P0300, P0301, P0302, p0303, P0304, P0305, P0306.

Your car na your car, your property no affect my being or existence or worth in anyways, so stop the yeye childish social media show-off.

There is God oo. grin grin grin grin
Car Talk / Re: Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration? by 9icetoo(m): 8:25am On Jan 31
TheAdvocate:

NBA write IG to stop it because it's illegal. Matter unfolding presently.

About time. Eagerly awaiting the outcome.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by 9icetoo(m): 8:18am On Jan 07
In all this, I only want to know what mannabbggrills has to say.

Seun, stop removing his name when I type it.

Stop being partisan. Thanks.

cheesy
Car Talk / Re: When To Change Truck Oil ? by 9icetoo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
haul:
Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 24000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 15000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Gazzuzz

Have you changed the sump or oil pan to a smaller one as Nigerians usually do?

If not, halve the interval.

10,000 to 15,000km is okay.

However, I do not trust that oil you are using.

Go to any total filling station or oando, nnpc or the likes and buy their branded HD 40 oils with API rating not less than CF.

Those trucks usually have very large oil pans to accommodate long oil change intervals as they are working vehicles.
Car Talk / Re: How Much Do You Think This Car Is Worth? by 9icetoo(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2023
onlinediva:

You understand it well; the car is in Abuja.

The 1.3M you mentioned is the price of roughly used Peugeot 206 with abused manual transmission. To shock you, manual tokunbo Peugeot 206 is now 3M while automatic is now 3.4M upward depending on the options it has.

I intentionally went pricing tokunbo automatic Peugeot 206 in Abuja yesterday and one tokunbo automatic with basic options with 175k km is said to be 3.8M last while I saw one which has been painted is said to be 3.5M

I then asked for the price of tokunbo Peugeot 206 with full option like mine, and they said 4.5M upward.
Ladies and gentlemen, there you have it.

After asking foolish questions, he has finally told us his selling price.

Now, move this advert to autos oga.

Thanks.

Marpol, abeg do the needful.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Acura Mdx by 9icetoo(m): 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Bonshak:
Please,can cars guru tell me common issues associated with Acura MDX,cos I am thinking of making choice between Acura MDX and Honda Cross tour.

Which year Acura MDX Are you looking @?
Car Talk / Re: (Sowore) After fixing his car, he refused to pay, it's 5 months now by 9icetoo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
This story no make brain at all.

Mrcoolautofix, you fit explain am well?

Cos I no understand.
Car Talk / Re: How Much Do You Think This Car Is Worth? by 9icetoo(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
onlinediva:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAygl9QcU_g?si=qbKO1GZ76-rEEESV

It is New Arrival FULL OPTION Tokunbo Peugeot 206 AUTOMATIC In Topnotch Condition. It has automatic gear/transmission, chilling AC, full panoramic roof, brand new 2023 tyres, leather seats, android with reverse camera, metal engine protector, first body, its engine and transmission serviced with high quality manufacturer recommended oil, actual mileage of 76,000km, etc.

It was cleared from customs with N1,500,000; you can call any customs officer or clearing agent to confirm the amount required to clear it.
Is this another marketing gimmick or what?

Go to autos na and sell your car in peace oga.

Kilode
Properties / Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
chopnaira:

Show us the proof of the bolded allegation.

Even in sane climes, you would be asking questions about who approved the building plan.

In the saner clip you posted, the demolition was carried out based on a court order.

Has the Lagos state govt obtained a court order to effect the demolition of these houses?

No.
Travel / Re: Flight Diversion: United Nigeria Pilots Weren’t Familiar With Nigerian Terrain, by 9icetoo(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
Neoteny7:
This is absolute nonsense.

All pilots file their flight plan and receive instructions for waypoints/beacons as well as altitude, speed, and heading. They're also very visible with their transponder and on primary radar.

How on earth could he have flown all by himself from Lagos to Asaba without an emergency being declared?

Even the minister does not know what you know.
How these idiots get these appointments is shocking to be honest.

Imagine what a minister of aviation uttered from his mouth.

Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Flight Diversion: United Nigeria Pilots Weren’t Familiar With Nigerian Terrain, by 9icetoo(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
post=127209547:

Ignorance is no excuse,
A pilot shouldn't be flying in a terrain he knows nothing about.
We hope they have learnt their lessons now.

You must not comment sha.

Ignorance is no excuse but even you are guilty of same here.

Keyamo should have kept his mouth shut and you should have done same oo.

Thank you.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2023
de3lar:

Oil burn issue

It is not peculiar to 2AZ FE.

Most modern engines have this problem.

1 Like

Family / Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 9icetoo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
Persephone1:
Don't mind these people, they think life is all black and white... Balance is required in everything one does in this life, as you think of yourself rendering assistance also think of way of doing in a non offensive or belittling way. It's very simple. Going through the thread from Op's responses I realize she's not giving with humility and if she's a Christian like her friend has been calling God's name everywhere she should know how that is bad and dangerous.
Give and let go.... Very simple!

My dad taught me this and I enjoyed benefits of his good deeds years after. He would house students back then without requesting for a dime. Sometimes strangers we don't know, some with chop and carry bumbum without looking back but that didn't stopped him. Guess what, one of those students is my business partner and he has really helped me with building my business. That is life.

If you can't help, no one is holding you for it but don't help and siddon there! Phew!

We had a similar upbringing apparently. My dad did same

Today, people I don't know offer their help and services at the drop of a hat just for his selfless acts.

I help not because I will benefit but because it is the right thing to do. If I do benefit, then it's a plus but the benefit is not something one should demand and I don't.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Family / Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 9icetoo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Persephone1:
Yes it is, sending kids errands, calling kids or asking parents to send their kids over so you can send them errands is downgrading and disrespectful. It's like you reminding them of their condition and rubbing it in. For a minute think of this from the woman's perspective! No mother will be happy with that not even you! I'm not misconstruing, there's absolutely nothing to misconstrue here we are simply seeing from different perspective. So not indulging is a wise decision.

Yes nothing wey person no go see for Nl, because lot of you in support of Op will act exactly the way the mother did and even more if you were in her position. Help and forget! If you can't, make it a business deal with clear terms and conditions. Don't make someone go to bed in tears because you decided to "help"

Leeches? Again i ask, was Op held at gunpoint to help? In times she couldn't help was she resented for it? Leeches you say! This is terrible!

As simple as that. Kudos.
Family / Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 9icetoo(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

how many children have you helped in your life to sit down and write rubbish? you can't even withstand 3kids that are not yours in your house for 1day let alone 5kids coming and going from your house daily.

Let them come stay in your house so you can cook for them , be the one to go buy ingredients that you will use to cook for them to eat, allow them to do nothing but stare at you then come out and give me your review.

nonsense! this one is talking about common sense when he doesn't have one in his head.

Sometimes, it is better to keep silent and be thought to be wise than to open the mouth waaaaa and dismiss all doubts.

Carry on ma. You and sambarry can do all you wish to people's kids just cos you are fortunate enough to give them hot meals every once in a while.

This life sha.

1 Like

Family / Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 9icetoo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

what will the child gain from lying against her mother ? this friendship is one sided.

abeg I dey my own. I'm even happy the child told me her mother refused her to come to me. she should not send her children to me to make any monetary request. I don't want to hear anything

Your entitlement mentality is astonishing.

Truly, common sense is not as common as it ought to be.

Unless of course, you are just trolling.

Which makes your post and comments barely okay.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
Alertman24:
Please l drive Acura MDX, my battery always run down in the morning, and when parked for a prolonged time even when everything is off, Rewire could not detect what's running the battery down, please what should I do?

[s]Unplug your Bluetooth hands free module and see if it stops.

If it does, either replace the module or leave it disconnected altogether.

It is a common problem with his model.

It is located under the armrest between the two front seats.

Cheers. [/s]

Ignore. Your vehicle is a 2005. I tot it was a 2008.
Politics / Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by 9icetoo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
Are the agberos (IGR) gone?
Car Talk / Re: Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration? by 9icetoo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
Jetline:
Hi Nairalanders,
I am really confused about the subject matter. I sent my cousin to register a new vehicle we cleared this month. He said the FRSC officer he met at the licensing office in a branch in Lagos said the ECMR has been discontinued. I put a call across some friends who went to another licensing office in Lagos. The story is different there- they still issue ECMR for new vehicles.
Please, is there anyone here who recently registered a vehicle(maybe this month)? Did you get ECMR in your registration papers?
NB: I am not on ground to do more findings.

The truth is that there is no law that makes ecmr compulsory.

The road traffic act clearly stipulates the documents you need to operate your motor vehicle. They are, vehicle license, road worthiness (exception for brand new cars for 5 years) and 3rd party insurance at a minimum.

Proof of ownership wasn't even mentioned but is a document an owner should have but necessarily on him all the time but this is Nigeria so I gues you should have it nearby in case an overzealous policeman decides to try his luck.

The NPF will not win in court if they sue you for not having ECMR, but here we are in a country where the people who are meant to keep and uphold the laws don't eve know the laws!!!

Get it if you can, if you can't, get sections of the act that set up the NPF (referring to their duties with respect to traffic etc) and sections of the Road Traffic Act that specifies documents a vehicle owner should have.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Career / Re: Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry by 9icetoo(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2023
HenryWilliams:

You're the type that loves to stick his head in the sand like Ostrich..
Does this country look like something you sacrifice for?
Does the leaders of this country care or do you see the system working?
All in a bid to sound politically correct.. you come across as a dreamer..
Go to Martins and support him as he faces PMB after PMB, query after query for leaking Official State Secret. Which is a gross misconduct. Ask any civil servant.
Once he's fired,Make sure you donate half of your income to his upkeep.
Odensin.
You want to be patriotic to Nigeria?
Gosh.

Remember, a fool seems wise when he is quiet.

Just a word.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Electronic Driver’s Licence With Your Smartphones Online by 9icetoo(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2023
bobbiiee:
Tint permit was canceled not less than 2 years ago. It's not right to use that against anyone. I drove a car to benin over 3 years ago and they demanded for it. I gave them a copy of tint permit that has not been that has not been signed because I can't do the biometrics for the owner. The man insisted it can be done. I simply gave him my own copy. I also asked if he will like to see my chat with the Superintendent of Police in charge of it. He said no. They wasted my time. After 30 minutes I was told to go. They wanted to obtain me but I was simply wasn't in a hurry.

I don't go out with the car when any of my documents is expired. I also have a scanned copy on my phone per time. When traveling I go with two sets of keys & two sets of documents that are filed like official documents. Whenever I obtain new document I ensure I check it thoroughly for errors. They capitalize on errors made on chassis number , engine number, vehicle colour, etc. When there is error I made an affidavit to address it. I also pray that those demonized among them will have sense when am dealing with them. Truth be told, most people in uniform are terrible.

I admire what you do.

Keep it up.

If only others would do same, it will reduce the foolishness and menace of the police on our roads.

It is simple. Have the right papers, know the law and stand your ground.

It is really that simple.

Kudos once again.

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: What Happens If A Car Exhaust Is Underwater? Unveiling The Consequences by 9icetoo(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
perfectbuy:
Find out what happens when a car exhaust is flooded. Find out how water damage can impact your car and the environment in this informative blog post. Also learn what immediate actions to take.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2023/10/12/what-happens-if-a-car-exhaust-is-underwater/
Does anyone ever click these links self?

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Center Motor Registry CMR AKA( Police Vehicle Clearance) by 9icetoo(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2023
sooperrescue:
This is an exercise in futility. You can not secure a vehicle that you have not seen or inspected. I did an insurance check on a car that hit me in traffic Wednesday and it was a Chrysler Stratus but on the data it was a Toyota Camry that appeared. Same color but different vehicle. So if you have such Data and the car is missing after it was registered on your database, which car will you be looking for? Until all agencies are located at the same location, it is business as usual. Since the CMR scam where 10 cars were issued with 1 receipt of 1k, not one car has ever been recovered through the CMR.
Totally agree with you...
The data collected by the vehicle licensing office should suffice and be made available to the police at source.

There is no point duplicating documents.

The police do not even see the vehicles nor the plate numbers before this cmr is issued.

So where is the security they are claiming?

1 Like

Crime / Re: I Think I Might Have A Case Of Money Laundering by 9icetoo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
wittywriter:
OP Get to discuss with your bank account officer...if you yet know your account officer visit the bank and demand for your account officer.
Moreso if the customer starts to disturb/worry you for the refund tell her to follow you to the bank for the refund process/transaction to be executed.

Wittyness.

This should be your action OP.

Also, inform the police immediately.
Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 9icetoo(m): 4:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

Nigeria road safety law has nothing to do with tinted permit and that's how I know don't know jack about the car you drive. Tinted permit laws is in the jurisdiction of the Nigeria police force and they decide if they want to allow it or not. Tinted permit was suspended in March 20, 2022 and it's still suspended till now which means you're not allowed to have it.
Continue talking rubbish in the name of patriotism. No worry, you go tey for road. Na only you go dey beg them with 5k later.
The nigeran police force does not make laws.

They enforce and protect the laws enacted by the national assembly.

For vehicles, the law that controls their use and other details about them including appearance is in the road traffic act.

The road traffic act also stipulates what colours you cannot paint your car, what colour of number plate you will use, where to affix your vehicle license sticker, who to apply to for change of vehicle color.

The NPF does not make laws with regards to vehicles or properties or the likes.

Know this and know peace.

Knowledge is power my good friend. Arm yourself with it and stop encouraging these men in uniform.

I am still waiting for the law that gave the Nigerian police the right to issue and approve tinted permits.

The tinted permits issuance was stopped because it was not supposed to be in the first place.

If any state or local govt modifies it's laws on the road traffic act (as Lagos has done), it may choose to indicate clearly the conditions for obtaining a tint permit. So far, none has done anything about tint. Until they do, the police has no right under the constitution to harass you over tint permit.

If the police takes a driver to court over the tint issues, which section of the Nigerian constitution will it cite as the contravention?

Have you seen the list of offences in the road traffic act and the act that set up the FRSC and their fines?

Is tint or tint permit there?

Your guess is as good as mine

And no worry about me, I use the road regularly, south south to south east, south east to south west and south west to south east na my regular routes and I encounter all manner of policemen.

If a 5 hour delay is your justification for giving and encouraging bribes, then continue but please do not advice others to do same.

You make the roads more stressful for the rest of us by making these policemen feel entitled..

Thanks.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 125 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.