Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 26 pages)

Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
rudedough:

Easy bro, i don't live in Nigeria either but i am from Igbo descent. You're sounding like we've been quarreling for days. I am not a tribalist, check my comments on NL. If you have problems with Igbos, please deal with whoever toppled your emotion but don't transfer your aggression on someone who haven't caused you any harm. All i did was voiced my opinion and I would have loved to engage NLDers in a more civil discussion but in your mood right now, i'll pass.

Thanks anyway.
Guy quit with the emotional routine. I am not interested in your biography or where you live. In fact I am not interested in you.
What we are all doing is voicing our opinions. If you are not comfortable with mine just NAFF OFF! Don't come here trying to tell me that some people have a good reason or mitigation for trafficking drugs other than greed and ambition. Themain question is this . Does this person know there is a death penalty for his action? I have no doubt he does. He took a gamble and should pay the consequences. They should make a video of the execution and send it to Nigeria
Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
rudedough:

It's a biased article from my own perspective. Did you read the article at all? Your agitation was completely unnecessary and your reply doesn't correlate with the entire article but only the 1st paragraph. Take some chill pills bro sad
that is your opinion. Those of us who travel to several countries are fed up of this stigma of these jokers. There is nothing in that article that is peculiar to any group in the South of Nigeria. But some people have no scruples that is the reality. any get away with it and then come out and tell other honest Nigerians how lazy and stupid they are . Do you believe these drugs are not being sold in Nigeria today?
Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ammanda :
tongue hug a wet transformer. Oh sorry, there's no light. Jump into lagoon. Animanu
go and wash ya yansh before ya next customer

3 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
rudedough: [size=14pt][center]WHY IGBOS ARE EASILY ATTRACTED TO CRIME[/center][/size]

[b]An average Igbo man is brought up to be aware of his responsibilities. He is expected to adopt a ‘take charge’ attitude to life and so from childhood he learns as a boy to go out and take risks, get in fights, know his territories, protect it and every other person on it.

Every Igbo man needs no foreign interpretation to know that money is a must have to be recognized in your kindred. The more reason why at a very tender age, some unfortunate parents send their child out to their brother in-law in Lagos to learn trade. Reason not because they don't like their child, but because they want him to have a better life and be respected/recognized in his society.

Our culture does not tolerate poverty. In the eyes of our elders, poverty is seen as a sign of weakness or laziness. This misconception has driven our men to become extremists. Our elders/fathers also do not help matters at all, they like to compete among themselves, not in their child’s intellectual or academic qualifications but over whose child is the richest or drive the most expensive car or built the most luxurious house in the village.

These classification based on how much wealth you have acquired has successfully driven gullible youths into undertaking extreme crimes like this one. Every December, during annual village meeting, when Igbo youths gather in the village from various parts of the world, the talk of who brought back the best cars and who has built the most luxurious house in the village becomes the order of the day. Even some not-yet-wealthy youths travel all the way to the village just to see for themselves what their peers have achieved. This experience psychologically further drive their extremism to greater height.

In this village meeting, poor men (no matter what your academic qualifications are) are made to sit at the back, while "real men" (educated or not) give speech. And when an educated man tries to convey a message, they hurl all kinds of insult at him like "Sit down there, are we discussing grammar here? Is certificate the name of a currency". grin grin My Igbo brothers can testify to this.

Now comes when an Igbo man needs to take a wife, the process and money involved can cripple a multi-national company if care is not taken to recuperate the losses within a certain period of time. Most of my tribesmen never made it back to their feet after their marriage. The truth is, the bride's parents (Most of them) do not care about how their daughter lives with her husband after their marriage. And when they start having kids, the problem escalates and it cripples the business totally, leaving most men to start all over again. Most of our men blame their predicament on some mysterious witchcraft or wizard in the village and the pressure is passed unto one child to another, so the virtuous circle continues.

I don't want to get start-ish on the burial rights. These old men don't care if you are financially stable or not, their brother is dead and he must be buried ASAP. The burial is not the problem here, but having to deal with all sorts of committee telling you their individual rights. One group may demand for 1 cow, 10 tubers of yam, drinks and all sorts of items, another group may ask for something else, believe me, these groups are almost endless. Most Igbo men become indebted after losing their parent, and they sometimes never recover from that financial crisis.

If only my tribesmen could be educated on the danger our tradition possess, we would work to abolish those wrecking customs of ours. I can go on and on and on but maybe my tribesmen could shed some light to what i just said. I am only a youth, maybe i don't know anything, and maybe I’m being too emotional. I would appreciate if someone old enough could enlighten me on our core customs and traditional values.

Igbos are good people, I won’t blame our youths for the crimes they choose to undertake; I’ll blame our elders for putting those stipe traditional customs upon their children.
[/b]

Nonsense. Does he get into more fights than the Fulani herdsman? Who knows that host communities hates him. His closest relative the Hausa probably resents him the most. He has to fight man and nature daily to bring his cows home complete and alive ,daily. Does he OWN the cows he fights so desperately to protect. No maybe one or two . The reality is life is grim and hard for EVERYONE in this godforsaken land of ours but I have not heard of the Fulani or the Efik or the Idoma or the Nupe arrested in Malaysia or Vietnam. No! the truth is these folk have a false sense of superiority mixed with a deep feeling of inferiority which they seek to hide with money and loud ostentatious display. Why do they seek money so desperately is it for development? No!! A BIG NO rather it is for ostentatious display. To oppress and to intimidate and then to belittle others .Tell yourselves the truth !!! We are not mocked

3 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
boarnerges:

haba people, make we no fight, make we join hand make nigeria better, no matter waht the crime, we share the same nationality and at least the best we can give him is solidarity. He might be innocent and could happen to any one. May we never fall into the hands of evil men.
Yes it's a shame we share a country with these animals who lack any humanity in them and are prepared to do anything for money. They are lower than lice
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
esere826:

hope you realize that someone like you cant go far in a civilized world
such aggresiveness is uncalled for and very uncultured

arguments are intellectual, and not gutter oriented
Certainly gone farther dan ur fafa
Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
chieflowo:

They have one vital thing in common.
They are in Vietnam??

6 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Vietnam by 0monnakoda: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Trail ii: Ikeshuku....... Dat name sound lyk sum1 4rm eastern part of river niger. I foresee world war 111 on dis thread. Pls run for yuor life. En........ Abeg who get motorola charger?
yes probably from Lagos or Abeokuta
Politics / Re: Akunyili To Replace Oduah: Your Thoughts Please by 0monnakoda: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Dende
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

The point is that we dont have enemies to fight, are we developing nuclear weapon?, abi they wan spy our bad roads and patching economy, all our deals with china is made in open, so even they use them it wont change anything
Are Germany,Spain or the UK enemies of the US?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.