Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 26 pages)

Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2013
jp philips:

Obigbo LGA in Rivers state
Do you mean Oyigbo
Car Talk / Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by 0monnakoda: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
These Assumptions about Japanese/German do not reflect modern reality. Take Nissan for example it is part of the same company as renault and they share a lot of technology. I think the division is artificial. In terms of Size Toyota is the biggest car company in the world and offers good value for money.

Many car companies outsource engine manufacture and german cars do not necessarily have german engines or parts these days
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
boay: I have read through the different post and I discover that some are jumping into hasty conclusion and generalisation due to the fact that they are not aware of some things. I am from Kwara state. I am a Yoruba man of the Igbomina part of Yoruba. Kogi and Kwara state are both 'confused' state due to the wishy washy geo political zoning of Nigeria. I will focus more on Kwara state. The state capital Ilorin has a Yoruba origin through Afonja but Yoruba seems to have lost their stand after Afonja was defeated by Alimi. This account for why we have an Emir in Ilorin. Most other parts of Kwar are the Yorubas called the Igbominas. For people who are conversant with Yoruba history, the Igbomina are one of the most significant part of Yoruba with a very large proportion in Kwara state (and some in Osun). In fact Omu Aran, one of the major towns in Kwara is the known to be a major part to the origin of Yoruba (Igbomina) . If at all Nigeria will divide Kwara and Kogi will also divide immediately but may God help us and allow the best to happen. I will be back....
Thanks for your comments. Any person who is truly "Yoruba" knows that Kwara State is the homeland of "Yoruba" which to me means Oyo and "Old Oyo". Just like the word Gay has changed its meaning "Yoruba" has now come to mean something entirely different from what it meant 200 years ago
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Desola:

I know! When they told me it was you, I wasn't surprised.
That is nearly witty
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
We were having a debate until some attention seeking ...let us be polite and say person came here with their insecurities.
Can we stick to the issues
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
OAM4J: While we moderators strive to be fair and transparent it is also necessary that members stay within rules. We would have no need to ban anyone for long or short time if he/she didn't break any rule.

Before now many will claim they dont know why they were banned; now we try to add the offensive post to the ban message most times, except in a case where the offense span many posts.

Am glad no one is claiming he/she doesn't know why he/she was banned or that he/she is not guilty of breaking the rules. The arguments now is that the ban is too long.

While we look into the long ban issue, may I also plead we stop all these personal/tribal/parental insults. We can have hot steamy and passionate robust debate without throwing personal insults. We will always need to disagree to agree, through that we share uncommon information and knowledge, but how to throw insults is not part of what we need to learn and if we are truly matured as we claim then we can do without breaking rules.

Sometimes it can be annoying banning someone for same offense repeatedly.

Cheers!

Not true I am definitely disputing
bans. What does "Trolling" mean? look at the last few bans I have had from Afam . The issue is not just banning but this idea that somehow he is there to facilitate an Ibo agenda in the short term that might make some sense but in the long term it is wrong and will backfire

Are you aware that specific stories relating to Eboe crimes reported in Newspapers have beeen loaded into spambot so that there is a ban anytime any of those names are typed. Please no matter what you do be honest and don't insult our intelligence.
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
I never liked Afam before he was a mod. It has nothing to do with being a mod. He is a two faced character and honestly is not fit to be a mod.Those who should be mods are people who have no interest in commenting on Nairaland. When you have a mod who tries to use his position to PUSH any kind of agenda that is wrong. With Afam you find him trying to dominate debates or using his position to push his- let me be polite and say (NOT VERY BRIGHT) ideas over and above others that is just wrong. he main issues are arbitrary deleting of posts and a very clear lack of even handedness in dealing with the Ibo-Yoruba skirmishes that are the essence of Nairaland. eg we had a clown come to the thread on Kwara and Afam deleted his post. Do the same thing on an Ibo thread and Afam will ban you citing "trolling" or "wandering" or something equally inane.
Like most Nigerians he is tyrannical so no surprise there. The owner of Nairaland should enforce the rules CONSISTENTLY and in that effort he shoud EMPLOY mods who do not even have to be Nigerian

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
sexkillz: In the same vein, you do not know me at all. What you think about me or how I moderate or not, is your business. Whether or not you think I'm fit to moderate is purely your business as you chose to dwell on it. I'm not fazed by it and would not be bothered about it. I'm also not here to ask or earn respect from people I do not know off here or care to know about.

Pls pls shove your respect as I do not need it. This is not a "respect" contest. Abide by the rules, and I won't even give a hoot about your existence.
Not true you are desperate for love and respect. Problem is you lack self esteem. Pathetic loser

8 Likes

Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2013
Afam kedu?
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
If anyone said what you said against Eboes Afam would ban them for a year. Just shows how small minded he is.
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
ALTRUTH: There is really no need for all these back-and-forth, if Kwarans want to bcome jihadists, dat is their cup of tea. If dey choose to b wit d core SW den Yorubas shld raise an army, invade Ilorin, overrun and capture d city, drive away d fulanis, secure d city nd free their brothers frm d shackles of slavery.

Let us know if u need our help.
Nna kedu? how far na? ke Afam?
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I wish Jarus and other Kwarans would lend a voice to this issue. I think it's their choice to make and not anyone else telling them that they're not Yoruba. It's only someone with superiority complex in the Yoruba fraternity that will tell another Yoruba man what he is and what he's not. Is an Ijebu more Yoruba than an Offa native? Abi, is South-West the default Yoruba territory?
Who is this one
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 8:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I'm beginning to believe Altruth is the same person as Afam. I hope he didn't have wet dream after the unsuccessful advances on Desola.
I think they'd make a good couple
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 4:54am On Oct 21, 2013
ALTRUTH:

No, u stop dis childishness of urs, how can u just run around ascribing different identities to different ppl

Afam4eva:

So, why are you ascribing the success someone made off Nollywood to the UK. Is it now a favourite past time for you london boys to be stealing the achievement of others and ascribe it to the UK? .

Afam4eva:
And did Dele Momodu make the millions while he was hawking ovation in the UK? Hell to the NO. he had to come back home before he could become a millionaire. Nigeria made him not London.

I don't care if jason Njoku schooled in heaven...

What movies does Iroko TV show? Nollywood movies

Is Nollywood the name of the British movie industry? No

So, why are you ascribing the success someone made off Nollywood to the UK. Is it now a favourite past time for you london boys to be stealing the achievement of others and ascribe it to the UK? .
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Desola:

None of the above. I needed to express my disappointment, that's all. You don't have to do anything about it.
Altruth dey call you
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Egun ti lo para ewu re
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Desola:

I have found your posts infuriating especially your position on 'Yoruba' nationalism being an artificial creation - a consequence of the creation of the country Nigeria. Very warped and demeaning!

But then again, the beauty of a debate is that all sides get to air their opinions and have it received by opposing side in a civil and matured manner. I really wish to have the kind of patience and forthrightness employed by Katsumoto in trying in enlightening you.

I found your views disrespectful but they are yours. So I must respect that.
You are infuriated. Am I supposed to shun food, rent my clothes and cover my head with ashes or
am I supposed to feel suicidal .
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Whichever or whatever opinions we hold we should strive to subject them to the rigour of logical scrutiny. I am not averse or opposed to the modern idea of "Yorubaness" per se. But we need to understand the truth it is a Nigerian creation. It does have much utility going forward and it is difficult to envision a realistic alternative. However most so called Yoruba champions have no clue what it means to be Yoruba. In terms of linguistic tradition. The Kwara are probably "truer" to "Yoruba" traditions whether it be linguistic or other matters
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
ALTRUTH: Desola do u really believe dat I am Afam? Me Afam? I registered on NL in 2010 so how can I b Afam for heaven's sake, I think it's time to report omonnakoda to d mods for all dis rubbish.
So registering in 1970 proves what? The reason why you were busted is because you are not very bright. It is as simple as that. We know ,you know and you know we know so stop this childishness

1 Like

Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Bros, wetin I do u for dis nairaland na abeg? Pls leave me nd my Desola alone biko.
Guy but you razz sha
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
ALTRUTH: Desy gal how are? It's been like forever; so good to have here. So wen will u follow me to Enugu?
Afam kedu?
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Katsumoto:

Ok, I get your point. The term I should I used is Briton. We know the Romans ruled the Britons until they left and the Germanic people arrived. My point is that there were indigenous people living in Britain before the Saxons and the Vikings arrived.

'The term Anglo-Saxon is a relatively modern one. It refers to settlers from the German regions of Angeln and Saxony, who made their way over to Britain after the fall of the Roman Empire around AD 410.
The Roman armies withdrew from Britain early in the fifth century because they were needed back home to defend the crumbling centre of the Empire. Britain was considered a far-flung outpost of little value.

At this time, the Jutes and the Frisians from Denmark were also settling in the British Isles, but the Anglo-Saxon settlers were effectively their own masters in a new land and they did little to keep the legacy of the Romans alive. They replaced the Roman stone buildings with their own wooden ones, and spoke their own language, which gave rise to the English spoken today.

The Anglo-Saxons also brought their own religious beliefs, but the arrival of Saint Augustine in 597 converted most of the country to Christianity.

The Anglo-Saxon period lasted for 600 years, from 410 to 1066, and in that time Britain's political landscape underwent many changes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/anglo_saxons/saxons.shtml

This is face saving rubbish . The question of English cannot arise without talking about " Anglo-Saxons" The very word English derives from Anglo
All this Roman narrative is interesting but not relevant. We are talking about the English nd from what you wrote below in comparison to what you wrote above . It is clear YOU DID NOT KNOW THE ENGLISH ARE A GERMANIC people

Katsumoto:
English Royal history starts with Germanic tribes who conquered Southern England. England has never had a King or Queen who was English but the people of England were present there even before Roman conquest.

England was unified under an Anglo-Saxon called Ethelstan.

When I mentioned Edward the Confessor you tried to "prove" he was not English but "GERMANIC". This is all a bit of a distraction but should warn you to stop trying to be a KNOWALL

1 Like

Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
shymexx:

That's folklore. However, that doesn't negate the Ife link and the fact that they all believe that they migrated via Ife (or should I say those who started their kingdoms) to their present locations. I'd say the new life, in their present location started in Ife - however, their existence on this planet started from somewhere else.

Igbo's are able to migrate in droves to Lagos because it's the same country. However, it was never like that during ancient times when kingdoms were known to be territorial. If Yoruba's and Igbo's were in different countries, do you think they would allowed to migrate to Lagos in droves the way they do now, without checks? Even with that, do Igbo's feel the sense of ownership the Ijebu's had while settling in Oyo cities?
When did this Ijebu settlement happen ??
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
shymexx:

Just because there's proof that a few people settled at the peripheral of West Africa, that doesn't negate the fact that west Africa had no inhabitants during pre-historic times. Okigwe, going by the name, should be in Eastern Nigeria, yes? Technically, eastern Nigeria is more of Central Africa than West Africa - and that's ancestral home of the Bantu's. Also, how does that proof that people actually lived there? It could have been a hunter that died while hunting for animals - or anything. Anyway, I was alluding to proper West Africa. And 1000 years ago isn't pre-historic.

Most of the people in modern day Nigeria came through different migration waves, however, due to our negligence and our inability to study our history - we still don't know where they came from. Personally, I think the Yoruba's were a group that used to live somewhere else on the continent and they all came to their present location at different times. That's my hypothesis.

The Nupe's might have settled all over Yorubaland, however, they never had the sense of ownership the Ijebu's and other Yoruba group had with their settlement in parts of the Oyo empire - to even Lagos. It's widely believed that about 25% of Ibadan is Ijebu's. So why would Oyo allow people who different settle there in droves like that? Katz also cited a legend on another thread a few months ago about how Ijebu's did look up to Oyo to settle some of the problems they had in the Ijebu kingdom, despite the Ijebu kingdom being a separate entity from Oyo.
So the Yoruba tradition that life started in Ile-Ife is rubbish ?
what is the percentage of Ibos in Lagos ?
Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Katsumoto:

Please tell us which Oyo kings were Borgu or Nupe? After the sack of old oyo by the Nupe, why did the Nupe not simply assimilate Oyo? If the notion that Oyo kings were Nupe, why didn't the Nupe king just annex all of Oyo? Why would the Oyo escape to Borgu country and then have a Nupe king? And then why would the new Alaafins such as Ofinran and Orompoto have to take back old Oyo and then subsequently, take Nupe country as well?
Why did the Fulani not assimilate the Hausa. Why did the French not assimilate the English?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.