Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 26 pages)

Politics / Re: Tinubu's Daughter Folashade To Be Installed Today As The Iyaloja Of Lagos by 0monnakoda: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Eko oo ni baje.
Politics / Re: Is The FG Ultimately To Blame For Our Aviation Mishaps? by 0monnakoda: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
The Cameroonian Government is to blame
Events / Re: Sultan Kosen Is Married (World's Tallest Man) by 0monnakoda: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Aizebioje: Wondering, how will they uhm... Never mind, stupid question!
Exactly! I was just wondering the same thing.............How will they sing in church?
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Brother you dont need America to spy you , there are criminals everywhere in Nigeria that will voluntarily tell them what they want to know even from the governments itself. What are we hiding or where we wan hide am grin grin
My point is simple : I believe that Bloomberg TV could be used for spying that is not saying spying is not already happening but it could still be used for that. What is YOUR point?
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
ceejayluv:
Spying in Nigeria is harder?? Come on... Like America doesn't have blacks?? What about Nigerian Americans that are ready to spill any info for few thousand extra bucks a month? The fact is their Intel network is well-established here already. Bloomberg will only be naturally obliged to report any observations made to Intel authorities.
I am not sure what your point is ? Is it that "Bloomberg TV will not be used for spying" Can you guarantee that ?
Crime / 32-yr-old Man Butchers Uncle Over Destiny Manipulation - See More At: Http://www by 0monnakoda: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2013
BY PETER OKUTU

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/32-yr-old-man-butchers-uncle-destiny-manipulation/

ABAKALIKI— A man identified as Chinweoru Ugbo, 32, was weekend arrested by the Onueke Divisional Police Command, Ebonyi State for allegedly butchering his uncle, Mr. Ogbuleji Nwite, 78, with an axe.

The crime was allegedly committed at Nsokkara Community in Ezza South Local Government Area of the state over claims that the deceased was diabolically manipulating Ugbo’s destiny.

The suspect allegedly lured his victim to a lonely farmland near a neighbouring community in Amagu, under the guise of showing him (the victim) a piece of land he wanted to purchase.

He reportedly inflicted 27 cuts on late Mr. Nwite in the early hours of Saturday, unaware that some people saw him.

Vanguard gathered that the suspect was caught by the villagers at Igweledoha Nsokkara community, when he was packing his luggage to flee the community.

It was also learnt that the suspect, a trader resident at Owerri in Imo State, was said to have returned home on Friday night with the intention of killing his uncle.

Eyewitnesses’ story

An eyewitness, Nweke Nwankwo, alleged that the act took place in a vegetable farmland.

The witness said: “I was on top of a palm tree harvesting fruits and saw both of them conversing. I never suspected anything because they were relatives.

“But I felt cold to the spine when the boy started brutalising the old man, who recently returned from the hospital after an eye surgery.”

Another witness, a woman who spoke on condition of anonymity, stated that she was weeding in her farm, some distance from the scene, when she heard a cry.

She said: “I did not know that an abomination was being committed because the loud shout was just once.

“I continued with my job until passers-by, who first sighted the dead body, raised alarm.”

It was learnt that a white T-shirt, which an eyewitness claimed the suspect wore that morning, was brought out from his room with blood stains.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/32-yr-old-man-butchers-uncle-destiny-manipulation/#sthash.c6FEVFNp.dpuf
Politics / Re: Pilgrims Refuse To Say “Amen” To Oritsejafor's Prayer by 0monnakoda: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2013
birdman: Talk about being hard hearted. You would think being "close to God" at the actual River Jordan would melt some hearts. For where... grin
One day you will find enlightenment and realise being closest to God is at the " ACTUAL RIVER NIGER"
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2013
esere826: Great News

Tis is the kind of investment we actually need for the Nigerian economy....not SHOPRITE
WHY?

-Bloomberg will make revenue from Adverts
by big companies with African interests (when last did u see a shell advert?) this hopefully pulls foreign exchange into Nigeria (that is if they dont get customers to pay electronically into accounts in other countries)

-Shoprite on the other hand, imports goods from abroad to sell to the Nigerian public at a cheaper price. This is great for individual shoppers, but disastrous for our economy in the medium to long term
Please try and reason like an adult. Wishful thinking is the stuff of children.
Has Bloomberg registered with CAC in Abuja or will they operate as an offshore entity.
Any adult hearing this news will seek more information before passing judgment.
Is there an example of any other country in the world apart from the USA that has benefitted from Bloomberg TV I would like to know
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2013
ceejayluv:
Lol, Americans have been spying technologically advanced Germany et al... What makes you think they need a decoy TV station to spy us. They've been having a field day spying us from time, bro.
To spy successfully you need different Legitimate fronts. How did America get Bin Laden They used an Immunization programme. Were they not already spying in Pakistan before theystarted the Immunization programme?
The lesson there is things are not alway what they seem so we must be vigilant.
Your remarks may seem smart to you but they are naive and childish. Whether it be TV, Oil Company engineer, Clergymen,anything American is SUSPECT. It is harder for them in Nigeria because we are black and so they must either use black people(They like to hide expertise from them) or put white people on ground. Technology has its limits.To put white people on ground they need to create some legitimate front like NGO or World Bank or TV etc
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Jarus:
Michael Bloomberg, the founder, is a billionaire entrepreneur that made fortune from business reporting, initially as an online business portal.

See his account here: http://www.jarushub.com/top-5-tips-for-becoming-a-successful-entrepreneur/
How is that useful to us Can we look beyond hype and THINK for once
TV/Movies / Re: Okonjo-Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria by 0monnakoda: 5:02am On Oct 29, 2013
What is welcome about it? I don't get Nigerians anymore. We need to develop from within. Nobody will bring good things to you. By the way I have never heard of Bloomberg TV. I hope it is not another way of bringing in the CIA.
Instead of jumping like baboons why not TRY to formulate a few questions about this develop. Who benefits me or the guy next door or next street? Mama Bomboy Maybe?

2 Likes

Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

Remember also that u stated that the "assistance" could be monetary, legislative ...... Etc as the case may be. grin

Your problem is English. "Assistance" and "The Assistance" are NOT quite the same thing.

Assistance could be monetary ,Yes but it might no be. We are talking about an "agreement" with "commitment" There is nothing stopping the FG making grants ,endowments or Gifts to State Universities. That is NOT the same as payents within a "binding agreement" which need to be specified for it to be binding. What was specifically mentioned in that agreement was a sum of money per student with the words "shall require" without any mention of "FROM WHOM" . That is NOT a binding statement AT ALL
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

Oo I see, its strictly because of this constitutional and legislative frameworks and not monetary issues that states lecturers also decides to join their federal colleagues from day one. grin
U are fast becoming a joke.
Back to subject .
There is no agreement to put FG money in state universities. You can try as much as you like to shift or broaden the discussion . However my main issue with you was that there is no FG money going to state Universities as far as the agreement goes. Once we agree on that FACTUAL DETAIL we can discuss other things but let us not get ahead of ourselves
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

But state universities were [b]extensively [/b]discussed and it was agreed that the FG will render "assistance" to them as stated in the agreement grin

It's also a fact that states lecturers are also on strike. grin cheesy

Extensively Really did they send you the minutes? I read the expression "GENERAL ASSISTANCE" . That could mean ANYTHING but it is important to understand the legislative and constitutional framework for establishing Universities,accrediting them etc .Also for determining curricula,engagement with NYSC etc . It is unreasonable NOT to engage with the FG when discussing universities or to say FG should totally alienate itself from universities because it does not own them as you seem to be suggesting or in the converse that discussion or agreement to assist implies budgetary commitment. You wish to be intellectual but your thinking is blunt and crude like tryin to open a can of sardines with a hammer
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem: It pains me real bad to hear some fools cast aspersions on the well respected Gamaliel Onosode who among other well respected Nigerians represented the FG during the discussions. Surely, he did a good job except the FG funding states Universities part IMO.

There is NO FG FUNDING OF STATE UNIVERSITIES.
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

And yet the nose becomes bigger and longer. No qualms. this has nothing to do with ur father. am aint interested in that.

The issues are clear.

Was states Universities discussed in rounds of Negotiation with FG? O YES.

Was it agreed that FG should render assistance to state governments and proprietors of Universities? O YES

Was funding for States Universities discussed? O YES.

Play with words as much as u can, it will never negates the above as presented by the Agreement.
You are the one that needs an education in one of these universities. Try and calm down when reading English it is not a strong point for you. You made so much fuss about the FG funding the state universities. It is clear that "THERE IS NO COMMITMENT OF ONE KOBO OF FG MONEY " in any agreement. That is NOT a play on words that is reality.
"ASSISTANCE" is a nebulous term that can mean ANYTHING in a binding agreement it would need to be defined. Unless you are able to provide an AGREED DEFINITION of what "ASSISTANCE" means in this context please STOP MAKING NOISE. The reference to the constitution is NOT accidental , "assistance" could mean money,it could mean legislation it could mean advice ,it could mean support for "FOREIGN" loans ,in short it coud mean ...............ANYTHING.
You are not a bright fellow and what is worse is you lack insight into your predicament
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

[b]ur nose is obviously longer than i earlier thought. i wouldnt know the agreement u are reffering to but its definately different from the one i am reffering to which can be found here:

http://premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2013/10/FGN.ASUU-INITIALED-AGREEMENT-JAN.-2009.pdf

Page 23 starts with this:

b.) Each State University shall require three million, six hundred and eighty thousand
and eighteen Naira (N3,680,018) per student for the period 2009 – 2011 as
follows:
Year Amount (N)

2009 1,144,075
2010 1,205,880
2011 1,330,063
Total (approximated) 3,680,000

These amounts include Recurrent and Capital Grants, and are based mainly on the
disaggregated returns from the universities.

Section 4.2.1 talks about sources of funding for fg and states govt unis, infact section 4.2.2 explictly stated thus:

4.2.2 Federal Government Assistance to States for Higher Education
It was agreed that the Federal Government should, as appropriate, provide general assistance both to the State Governments that are proprietors of universities and those that do not own universities but need assistance in the area of higher education, as allowed by the Nigerian Constitution (Section 164.1).

My position is clear. What is FG's business in discussing about schools they dont own in a federal state like Nigeria. If states universities lecturers think the agreement has nothing to do with them then why is it that most of them are on strike with federal ASUU?

As to the minimum wage, to the disgust of states the FG reached an agreement with labour and its a taboo for any state to pay less than that.

Stick to ur on version of the agreement and let me stick to mine, i prefer not to dissipate energy on whether FG has a commitment to states universities or not instead i prefer to dissipate such on the need to implement the agreement signed with ASUU.[/b]

There is nothing here that commits ONE KOBO of Federal Government money to State Universities. Nothing . "Shall require" does not indicate from "WHOM"

As far as this nose thing is concerned I am not your father so do not conflate us and direct remarks to me that you should direct to him. If you are not happy with your nose or his nose call a family meeting
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem:

u are not making sense. i never advocated for such. infact i did say that the bad pill of the entire FG/ASUU agreement was the FG funding o f states universities. i am totally against it. try read and understand ones position before poking ur long nose on what u ought not to.
Long Nose ? Are you mad or just high on drugs? People just come here and talk all kinds of nonsense. Did you even read what I wrote before you started spitting like a snake. Did I say you advocated anything
You have continued talking about your opposition to an FG/ASUU agreement to fund state Universities. Read my lips THERE IS NO SUCH AGREEMENT. If you have the WORDING of this "AGREEMENT" share it. You believe that there is a deal that was reached between ASUU and the FG that somehow commits the FG to funding state Universities Where does this belief come from
I said there is no where in any agreement that commits the FG to funding state Universities. You keep talking about that but it is non-existent. Wher did you read that there was such an agreement. You just hear a rumour and start shoutin "we no go gree" without checking your facts.
Maybe English is a problem for you but I will make it simple your opposition to a so called agreement is bogus because such an agreement does not exist. The FG is not able to make agreements that are binding on state universities because the FG DOES NOT FUND STATE UNIVERSITIES.
I gave you the examples of the minimum wage and CONMESS but you just continue to rant without pausing to think what you are actually ranting about
Religion / Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 0monnakoda: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Churches are a means for the cunning to control the weak.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 by 0monnakoda: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
any link abeg?

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 by 0monnakoda: 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Right Now I am confused should I go for Big Stout and Chin Chin or Gulder and meatpie. I am confused
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem: tell me more please
There is nothing to tell you.You tell us where you got that from. Stop misleading people.

The FG does NOT fund state universities

The FG negotiated minimum wage with NLC does FG pay minimum wage for states We had the same thing with CONMESS does FG pay state doctors?
Politics / Re: I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye by 0monnakoda: 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
Demdem: It pains me real bad to hear some fools cast aspersions on the well respected Gamaliel Onosode who among other well respected Nigerians represented the FG during the discussions. Surely, he did a good job except the FG funding states Universities part IMO.
You keep harping on this point .There is no commitment that the money will COME FROM THE FEDERAL government. ASUU members work in State Universities . I have not seen in written anywhere that the FG will put money into state universities . Can you read English
Politics / Re: FG Hurriedly Approves Turkish Airline For Kano Route Amist BMW Saga by 0monnakoda: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
We would not be having this argument if Nigeria has an international Airline. The way foreign airlines compete is that they fly from the choice airport in their home countries and force competitors to unpopular airports.We need a Nigerian Airline. I deliberately avoid the phrase "National Carrier"
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Yeah! I have nothing to say anymore! Have spoken my mind and am sorry for the insults! You can go ahead and make more fun of ya self! U don't exist in my dictionary anymore! Once again! Sorry for the insults, had no choice but u made me do it! Peace!
Feel free to insult you can only speak from the bounty of your mind which is clearly impoverished. When you have nothing to say learn to keep shtum! I am disappointed that you don't have the courage to stand by your insults but delete them like a scurrilous and cowardly scurrying rodent
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Your Moddar! Thunder fire u! I am unruly? No! I am unpencil nko? I dey warn u since! Lookin for trouble on a sunday! Bastard!
be quiet you have nothing to say
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2013
Quiet. Stop making noise. You are unruly
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
yes Boss! You Ok Now? Does that make you Happy?
S**t up!
Music/Radio / Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2013
blink182: I do not see anything wrong in calling a kid a kid. That is the problem with recent generations, showing respect to your elders is a big problem. Once you grow a beard, get an enlarged peni.s and start touching brea.st, you think everyone ought to be your mate and respect you. Nowadays you find a jss 1 kid walk past sss3 block and greets only if he feels like it. In my time, you won't even dare walk past jss3 in that manner.

Back to the issue, songs from the 70's and 80's hold a lot of memories. It is not about just being evergreen, Nigeria was a different country then and the memories locked with it. For example, there was no dstv, internet, even local TV stations were scanty-all I had was nta Benin that started broadcasting 5pm daily, the turn table that was connected to our denon deck, the humonguous sanyo television covered with wood, had four legs and could be locked with a key, then audio cassettes.

There's a strong degree of nostalgia for that time and very little can be done to change that.
What is jss and sss
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Sometimes we don't just know when to let go!
Quiet! people with brains are talking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.