Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 26 pages)

Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Don't let me place a swear on you!!!!!!! You think its everydody that u just insult anyhow? What's the meaning of this? Are u d only one here? Are u mad? Is ur brain ok? Did ur GF dump u for ur bestfriend? Why all this hate? Do I know u some where? Are we mates? Next time u cross my path, I swear, u will realize that some swear can be very dangerous! I have warned you!!!! And please, stop quotin and stocking me!
Shh! Be quiet
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:12am On Oct 27, 2013
pareto: Africa can only justify this if they get to quatre and semi finals of the world cup instead of just making up numbers and denying better people from Europe their slots.
South America have been winning the world cup equally with Europe why don't they have the same number. The truth is Europe funds the World Cup. FIFA will get more money from European countries who will only buy TV rights if their countries are represented. As Africa gets richer they will get more slots.
Saying they should reach the semi-finals is like saying let us wait till Africans invent a cure for HIV before we allow them to study Medicine in universities. When Africa reaches 8 slots they will win the Cup.
Winning a cup is not just about who is better. Once you get past the group stage a lot of factors come into play. Europe is guaranteed to keep winning because they have nearly half of the slots. Imagine if they have the same number as South America

1 Like

Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Eeediat!
FIFA Rankings my A*****sss!
You Faafa
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
PurpleHouse:
Very Funny indeed!
Numbers? Not Numbers my dear; but Quality is what Counts! And FYI, Nigeria is Currently the Best Team in Africa and will remain so for like another 7 years! U know why? Quality! Every area of our team right now has got great quality.... Can u say that of most other African teams at the lower ranks who might some how qualify only to get trashed? Quality is what counts not Numbers! Team work alone will not help u. If u like add 12 slots, it still doesn't meet up to both the European and Asian Quality and calibre of players/standard of league/Football Development and Administration of Football..... Zambia rose up once upon a time, today they're no where to be found, gone like the winds till another century! Angola rose up but hit the rocks so hard that they may never rise up again! Senegal once upon a time was a Nemesis to Nigeria and other Teams, but today, trying to survive! Look and compare that to Europe, they build, they rise, they keep building, they get to the top, they fall, they stand again the next morning and never falls again!!!!!! its sad but true, Africa is not PREPARED, not Now, BUT Africa is the Future of World Football! Till then, let's enjoy the Game for now and be ok with what we have!!!!! Apart from the top teams we have and that everyone knows of, which other teams can u bet ur Money on that can go to the world cup and spring a Massive Surprise from Africa and prolly reach the Semis? I support Blatters point though, but raising our slots now might equally work against us, as the less fancied sides will outsmart and out perform the Big teams but ony to be BanBuzzled by Asian and European teams free of Charge plus Change, Jaraa!
...................................................................................
What insult? That you should be quiet?You must be a very SENSITIVE BOY?.There is no machine to measure quality and the only objective way is to give everyone an equal chance and then we can start talking quality. Right from the first day Africans entered the competition they have been given minority slots based on the ASSUMPTION European teams have greater quality when in reality the European teams have GREATER NUMBERS. In fact Since 1958 for the first time in 2010 the Europeans won the competition back to back . The performance of Europe is NOT better than South America but they have many more slots than South America . What is that about?. I am not interested in betting or hypotheses . Let us give everyone an equal chance and see what happens. The better performance of European teams is because they have more slots. Africa as a continent will have a better chance if they have 10 teams than when they have 5

This is not about quality but about power influence and money. Europe shoul not have more than 8 teams at the World Cup. Fifa makes more money selling TV rights in Europe and that is why the status quo persists. Don't succumb to modern colonial mentality.

FIFA rankings are often very reliable and according to FIFA ranking Nigeria is NOT the best Team in Africa
Honestly I really don't think you have much to say so maybe you should be quiet grin
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
PurpleHouse:
I am not saying we don't deserve more slots dear! All am saying is that, is Africa prepared? African teams are not stable! Take a look at that Angola team you mentioned, Yes they made a good account of themselves at the 2006 World Cup after topping the WQ group ahead of Nigeria! But where is Angola now? Where is Senegal? Where is Zambia after winning the ANC just last year (they got beaten by Brazil few nites ago)! We lack consistency! Imagine if that Ethiopian team had won Nig at home and get a draw in Calaba to book a ticket to Brazil.... Tell me, Which team can They beat in the world cup? Yet they almost made us look like learners in Footy! Our game is developing, that am proud of. But for now in the world stage, the Senior teams still lack that edge! Only a few have that quality at the moment! South Africa even in their backyard could not do much in 2010! These small teams are just ok going to the world cup, shaking hands with stars and taking fotos of the World cup stadium! All they want is to have been present at the world cup! Africa don't want that, we have come of age and so deserve more than that! We need teams that can compete with the Best and hopefuly, get to the final!!!!!
If the slot is to be raised, let's prove it next year, only then will Fifa give it a thought!
If You don't have anything to say be quiet. What does that word "PREPARED" mean. Europe have 12 slots or so .Ask what will happen if Africa have 12 slots and Europe have 5 slots ,will Europe win as many cups?? It is a cup competition NOT a league which means anyone can win. Nigeria wn the nations cup this year even though we all know Nigeria is not the best African team now. What does Zambia getting beaten by Brazil a few nites ago prove ? How does that add to your argument? As the number of African teams increases their chances of winning will increase. This is equally true for South America. It comes down to numbers. Let us have an intercontinental tournament with 4 nations each and see whether Europe will be so dominant.
Did Greece not win Europe in 2004? Were they the favourites? Cup competitions are a different thing from leagues

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: We can't talk about evergreen songs without talking about the song that will never die.

Prince Nico Mbarga - "Sweet Mother"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

But he is not Nigerian grin

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Music/Radio / Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sports / Re: Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots by 0monnakoda: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
If Europe had 5 slots and Africa 13 Europe might not win the World Cup ?
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anything New??
Music/Radio / Re: Evergreen Nigerian Songs by 0monnakoda: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anyone here old enough to remember a song that sounds something like ; "Yaara su la la naira naira" .Who sang that song?
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (0 - 2) On 26th October 2013 by 0monnakoda: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Any link abeg
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 0monnakoda: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
deji2009:

i cant read what u wrote

I say make u no vex
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 0monnakoda: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
deji2009:

is it video or music ? what make and model of the computer
e.g. toshiba p300-20h windows vista
How was it downloaded ? e.g. by hoovering
your mouse over internet explorer,
using youtube mp3 converter or idm manager.
Any error messages by the real player ?
in the meanwhile download VLC and try
playing it or try media player on your computer
Ah ah Oga! Ki la gbe Ki le ju ?
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 0monnakoda: 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Downloaded mp4 from Youtube but won't play on realplayer any ideas??
Sports / Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 0monnakoda: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
The reason Keshi is relaxed about it is simple.When he is ready if NFF don't pay he will go to the Court of Arbitration and They will ask FIFA to pay him directly and deduct the money from NFF dues whic will be shameful but Nigeria has no shame
Events / Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Omo obirin ti o ba mo owo gba a mo kini se?
Properties / Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by 0monnakoda: 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
dejt4u:
yh sometin is wrong wit it which is purely science. Black body radiate heat much more dan all other colours. So if u paint ur house black, it wil be absorbin heat nd it will definitely radiate al of it. It has emissivity of 1(i.e a perfect absorbtor)
So if you live in a cold country your house should be black Or maybe in Nigeria you paint it black during Harmattan?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State by 0monnakoda: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2013
What is 100% Yoruba? What does that mean?
Sports / Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 0monnakoda: 6:03am On Oct 25, 2013
The only reason this is happening is because he is Nigerian. I remember the way Bertie Vogts dealt with them. If they did not pay him they won't see his face. Even if they paid they would still beg before they saw him
Sports / Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 0monnakoda: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, everything should go through normal due process. if he hasn't been paid, then the sport ministry should call the NFF to order, they have a budget (Yearly) so they should work with that.
Is the NFF part of the Sport Ministry
Education / Re: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems by 0monnakoda: 5:38am On Oct 25, 2013
The students are voters and their parents too. They should vote in leaders to protect their interests. The strike is a legitimate and last resort of putting pressure on government and also those who vote for them. Just like Economic sanctions,just like war there are times when strong measures are needed. Many of those in government are not bothered and for a long time now have given up on the NIgerian education system. How many of the government officials' children are in Nigerian Universities,how many attend Nigerian Hospitals?

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Oge Okoye Releases New Pictures by 0monnakoda: 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sidinma
Education / Re: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems by 0monnakoda: 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Davo93: I don't seems to understand the point your making with the bolded portion.

Nice suggestion and i just pray one of their online agents are seeing this.

Is there still anything called free education in Nigeria?? I don't think so! I strongly disagree with the crossed portion. Are you saying an average Nigerian's right to education should be abolished?

You are just an attention seeker working desperately to build a silly thread. You do not have have any practical or meaningful alternatives and are quite empty honestly. What do you mean by "RIGHT TO EDUCATION" who gives such rights ,where? Is there a "RIGHT TO FOOD" ?? If you want food you have to pay for it and food is even more important than education. There is no "right" to education in Nigeria.

PS are you the author of the article ?? Some posters here seem to think so and by failing to correct them you are tacitly claiming ownership.
Your spelling and grammar are atrocious by the way
Education / Re: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems by 0monnakoda: 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Davo93: @Lord Babs; Your choice of words are too strong... You can make your positions known without insulting anyone. Please try and work on that.

BTW, As per your question on the current ASUU strike, the article is neither justifying the FGN or ASUU but rather trying to explain why strike is not a good approach to our educational problems.

Another option to strike? I guess you didn't read the whole 'voluminous' write-up. I suggested two ways;
1. Strategic Dialogue
2. Court Action

The strategic dialogue i mean here is trying to carry some necessary groups along. In a situation whereby we realize we have a stubborn government in power, there is a need to be more smart in dialogues. I believe involving the lawmakers of our land in such crucial matter will be helpful. They are in charge of the budget allocation verification and approval. I believe once they are successfully integrated in such dialogue, they will have to let the FG be aware of their commitements whenever a budget is passed before the house thereby compulsorily ensuring that provision is made for such agreement in the budget plan. Also, the masses should not only get to know what is going on only when a strike has been initiated. They too need to be carried along.
Striking is not a good approach even the lecturers agree.There is no argument there. There just is not a better approach. "Dialogue" in this context means NOTHING. As a digression Stephen Keshi has not been paid for 7 months why?

Our President probably has more planes than his Chinese Counterparts while eating 1 billion naira cassava bread. If we cut out all these frivolities and get our priorities right we should be able to fund our Universities. Besides government should look into getting STUDENTS TO CONTRIBUTE T THE COST. With a population as big as ours free or subsidized university education is unrealistic. I am sorry to say University is for the rich and those truly EXCEPTIONAL students who can get scholarships. Government should only award scholarships on merit and only to those whose parents cannot pay. Everyone else should pay . Universities should be run as a business
Events / Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pataki:
Bros, if na bedmatics you wan talk, start a thread in the sexuality section and I will speak from my extensive wealth of experience. cool

But in terms of beauty, Ijebu girls are the numero uno......no controversy!
Abeg don't misquote me I am talking tourism grin

1 Like

Events / Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eni to so pe ohun travel length and breadth - N je O ti d'Ondo sha? ni to ri pe eni ti o ba de Ondo ti ko d'Ondo ko ti de Ondo ni yen

1 Like

Events / Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
But this Awujale bad sha. He no even invite our baby and cowboy hat wearing Wrapper tying cousins grin

2 Likes

Events / Re: Ojude-Oba 2013 At Ijebu-Ode (Pictures & Video) by 0monnakoda: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

My Father is Ijebu while my mother is Igbo. I never lived with my father, that's why i embrace my Igbo side more.
You better go and ask them properly for the real Truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.