Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

0monnakoda's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0monnakoda's Profile / 0monnakoda's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Omokanda

You posited another red flag on Awolowo’s free educational system in western region of Nigeria. Fuji is a tribally bent music. While “ewu na ebe akwa” is none tribally bent music but highlife. Though sang in Igbo language, it was not thoughtful product of Igbo man, olodo. You are going from bad to worse.
You are dry and boring
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
femogbangba:

what I think Black is alluding to is a political structure where there is a greater level of autonomy i.e creation of State police, a greater control of resources etc

I know I am teasing him. These young lads need to learn clarity of thought and expression and to avoid sloppiness .We have to hold our people to the highest standards grin. It is not enough to regurgitate inchoate poorly digested ideas. One must know what one is talking about

1 Like

Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Are there confines of autonomy for states exclusive to the central's authority?

PLS ANSWER
Not quite sure about this syntactic construction but if you are asking whether states are totally autonomous of course the answer is no.If they were they would be sovereign nations
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Omokanda

I thought you were a character endowed with average intellect but your actions on this forum kept proving me wrong. For umpteenth time, the artist of the record dobbed “ewu na ebe akwa” was not Igbo, olodo.
DendeIku I thought you were dead and buried ? So Ewu na ebe akwa is a fuji song? My surprisation

3 Likes

Nairaland / General / Re: Sexkillz Must Go Episode 2!has Sexkillz Changed His Attitude And Behaviour by 0monnakoda: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
femogbangba: After the disgrace and ignominy that sexkills has faced in the Politics section, his position as a Mod has become untenable. Not only was the thread moved back to the Politics section but it is now on the Front Page grin grin

I think it is time Sexkills does the honorable thing and leave or more appropriately Seun should do the needful and send this pompous man back to the sexuality section for good.

Do you mean it is possible to s end a fully grown mumu man back into the blocos

1 Like

Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
naijababe:

No need for this kain sarcasm, i am just asking you how you came to the conclusion that Nigeria practises Federalism?
Sarcasm? No!! I am interested in every detail of your nite. So tell me . How was it?
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Canada is a VERY good example of a country that practices regionalism. The different provinces of Quebec, Ontario, etc have their different form of governance BUT ALL their governments are coordinated by the central.

Nigeria's case is different. Here, the FG is overall LORD. It tells any state what is & what is not , whether absolutely ineffective/no resistance to its decision.

...but in regionalism, once the confines of autonomy has been dictated in the constitution, no amount of power can make the FG manipulate unless such region gives in.

Do you understand?
There is autonomy in our constitution . I m not sure that you have a clear idea what you are advocating and your Regionalism cry sounds more like sloganeering.

Lagos State has a lot of autonomy. The issue is not just enshrining autonomy in the constitution but in the strength of our institutions e.g Obasanjo's decision to withhold the allocation from Lagos State was unconstitutional but it still happened.
Based on your definition ,we are practising regionalism already. We need to strengthen it and we can always debate for more or less autonomy but it is still regionalism
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Above crap is one of ills associated with the so-called “free education” Awolowo introduced in western region of Nigeria. I am not surprised that the poster is still wallowing foolishly on propaganda and innuendoes spearheaded by the news media houses based in western region in 1967 to cover silly acts of the citizens of the region.

It will pay you enough dividends to know your god in Nowa Omogiu, one of the idiotic exponents of the crap surrounding the record "ewu na ebe akwa" and alleged taunting”, has been shamed on the issue. The artist of the record was not even Igbo person talk less of the act of taunting. It is silly to hear and see most southern Nigerians, baring Biafrans, talk about idiotic nature of Nigeria and wish it never existed. I have always referred such goons to their forebears who fought Biafrans to erect a cesspit called Nigeria.
I have advised you to cease your verbose verbigerations and enjoy your dotage in peace. Your flatulent eruptions are disruptive,foul and embarrassing
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
naijababe:

Which kain yeye Federalism?
Good morning ma. Did you sleep well grin How was your nite
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Beg your pardon then.!

OK, Maybe I ll try and make my explanation short & succint.

Regionalism is a form governmental structure that exists in a country in which the Federal or Confederate nation is splitted into two or more geographical blocs called regions. This regions are granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates.

These controls that may be exercised exclusively from the authority of the center may include resourse control, police control, tax, etc. !... In conslidation, these regions work alltogether with their separate autonomies, and these autonomies are subjected to the OVERALL coordination of the central government (i.e the nation's Federal government).

Did you get me BRO?

Can you give an example where this occurs in practice and how is it different from the federalism that we have .
I am sorry but it seems to me that we already have "regionalism" . We have states that to quote you are " granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates".
So from your definition we are practising regionalism already we have geographic blocs called states that are fairly autonomous and have tx raising powers. Many of the breaches of autonomy we see in Nigeria are unconstitutional and so perhaps the issue is enforcement e.g the situation in Rivers State and previously Ogun. What we need is a National assembly that do their jobs .
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yes who hid my last post? and why

Can we now shift attention to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1509380/sexkillz-must-go-episode-2
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

But if you think may not be one of the solutions to Nigeria's difficulties, what other system do you think can change the status quo?......

'Cos as far as I have reasoned & witnessed, Regionalism is the best option even many eliths & secular individuals have opted for..
I don't know what you mean by Regionalism and so I cannot and did not express an opinion on it. If I know wha you mean by regionalism we can discuss it.
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pataki:

Which south are you implying here? South-south, South-east or South-west?
Haba Megida!! concentrate
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Wise people are known to have believed in the saying that “the taste of pudding is in the eating”. I remembered the group of people in Nigeria that were besieged with war of attrition because they wanted out of damnable country. It is true lack of retentive memory plays delusional tricks on people. The saying can not truer than your silly pontifications on this discussion.
What is this one saying

That is one way of telling the story. Another way is to remember a group of people who thought they were so clever they could take over control of Nigeria and dominate by force.They conducted a sham "revolution" killing the political leaders of others and spared theirs. They then installed one of theirs as Military ruler while their people gloated and taunted other ethnic groups even making a record "ewu na ebe akwa" and singing taunting songs in barracks and the North.
Eventually the North reacted in a vengeful and brutal counter coup conducting a pogrom against them. Wounded they decided to secede by force even though they had no external allies and no means to prosecute a doomed and emotional enterprise. In conducting their secession they chose to abduct other ethnic minorities in the Eastern region against their will and then also carried out aggressive and unprovoke attacks into the Western Region.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

BRO, Regionalism is the ONLY solution.

But the salient question I & which if course, i'll also want you, to ask these easterners IS,

-Are they ready for the new system of Regionalism?

Of course, Regionalism will bring about free control over resourses, abi wont it?

I came across a report submitted by the Ohaneze to the NC comitee (a pity I cant locate the thread again). BELIEVE ME , one of the most annoying submissions this group made was for the imperative recognition of every individual in the country as "Equal citizens with the same right anywhere in the country......bla bla bla..."

PLS TELL ME, in a regional system whereby another region wouldnt/may not give in to such proposition, isnt such move in conflict with the established system as far as regionalism is concerned? Wouldnt be giving such unconditional stance be implied as a means of frustrating any 'conceived' improvement or step towards regionalism?

There are so many shortcomings in their proposal, in which many of it contenfs with the basic rudiments of regionalism..! ......

Now tell me, are you saying these people trully want regionalism with such audacious opposition against the new improvement?

I don't know what you mean by "regionalism" perhaps you care to explain that a bit more?
Regarding the claim that it is the ONLY solution, I can only say that seems hyperbolic to me. I don't know the basis on which you make that claim. We are talking about the affairs of millions of people and one person says such and such is the ONLY way. Sounds rather fundamentalist and not very adult. Let men DISCUSS how they want to run their affairs. There are emotive discussions and there are rational discussions. Let us opt for the latter. I do not accept that there is ONLY one "solution" to Nigeria's difficulties or that there is indeed a "solution" per se. We might just have to find a least bad situation and strive to improve continuously
Nairaland / General / Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by 0monnakoda: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
deleted
Nairaland / General / Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by 0monnakoda: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
deleted
Education / Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by 0monnakoda: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2013
In fact make them breathalyze GEJ so dat e no go talk say him eye no clear when dem gree and make Oritsejafor sef sign say dem no jazz am before e sign
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

LOL.

I say to you WITH ALL BOLDNESS that the SE will never support such new system.

When you look at the proportional revenue generation of all the regions made to the center in this country, I dont think by now you shouldnt know that the SE trails behind all other regions except the NE.

May I ask:

-If SE (ibos) were actually content with the system of regionalism & resourse control that prevailed in the early times before current unitary system was urshered in, why would Zik be a protagonist of equal distribution of wealth throughout the federation, the very move vehemently opposed by Awo of AG then?

-If the Ibos trully wanted this same regionalism, why should it be a Nzeogu, an Ibo for that matter, that would upset the status quo that operated with SO MUCH EASE, even without the North contented with how things were then?

Omonaakoda, one thing most of us on NL have not realized about these Ibos is the hypocrisy displayed by most of them here. I can tell you categorically that more than half of the Igbos would rather splash into the deep than see this 'Nigeria' split like flames.

Dont mind the lies most of them propagate here on NL. Most of them know what awaits them at home in a new Biafra is like a chicken coming home to roast.

.....Ever wondered why the likes of them here found their ways to Lag, IB & d likes?

.....Ever wondered why TOO MANY of them can speak Yoruba (but fake 'yoruba' sha)?

.....Ever wondered why they are always quick to lump Akwa Ibom, CR & d whole Rivers states as part of their Biafra?

BRO, All is DECEIT. ! Ibos you see on NL are just pretending bro. They know its gonna' be hell back home for them, trust me.!!!
Well when we have a dialogue we shall hear what each person thinks. I prefer to look forward and focus on solutions. Having read through all you have written I have not seen your "proposals or solutions" what do you think should happen now. I certainly think we should have a debate let us hear and know those who support resource control without prejudice.
It was during this current republic that the rules were changed to allow greater resources from off shore oil revenue to go to the states even after the Supreme Court has ruled AGAINST the affected states. Legislation was passed during Obasanjo's regime which is what has changed the fortunes of Akwa Ibom. I don't remember the SE voting against this.
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2013
femogbangba:

And as always, despots are always disgraced, humiliated and face reproach at the end of the day.

I wonder how he is feeling after reality slapped him down from his high horse.
Honestly . To quote the famous Philosopher GEJ

"IDGAD"
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2013
Ola Johnson:
The bitter truth is that the south cannot enter the proposed national conference with a common agenda, going by history. The SE is going there with one mindset - to secede and have Biafra. The SW case even beyond the south. It may want a situation where the Yoruba in NC, would join it in the SW. Gbonigi, E. K. Clark, Emeka Ezeife and all those in their group would realize they cannot forge a common front like the 19 northern states.
How do you know the mindset of the SE ? Let us be objective here. Is that based on what is said on Nairaland or SE political leaders? Who is talking secession from SE is it Bianca Ojuiku ,Ngige or Obi or Rochas or Ekwueme or Ohanaeze??

A common agenda for the South does not mean TOTAL agreement but I believe there are areas for compromise. I think the south want more powers to be devolved from the centre and greater resource control and less Sharia
Politics / Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The thread in question perfectly fits into the ethnic politics section. The thread talked about developments in "western states" and "yoruba nation" and other ethnic related issues. Since no one wants his or her thread to be moved to the ethnic, sectarian politics section, then maybe the section should be deleted. Atleast that remove the blackmail that comes with moving threads to that section.
There are many threads that talk about Eboe contribution to the Super Eagles does that make them ethnic threads?? Threads talk about MANY things and so what makes them ethnic according to the preamble is not whether they talk about ethnicity but whether they are "ethnicity oriented". This thread talks not about Western States but about the Western Region under Awolowo which was a multiethnic region Including Sapele,Warri,Agbor,Asaba,Benin etc . The reason Edwin Clark spoke was because he,like Anthony Enahoro,was involved in Western Region Politics and the theme is "We were united before let us take that unity into the National Dialogue"
That is what the thread is about!!
There is no such thing as "western states"

The orientation of the thread is about the National Conference and the position of the South. It is not racist and it is not about secession.
It is important to distinguish "talking about" something and "being about" a thing.

By the way why is this thread not in the ethnic section

https://www.nairaland.com/1440602/onitsha-becoming-city-industries
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2013
The issue here is can the South have a common agenda in entering National Dialogue
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

OOPS. I Goofed. !!

....Thanks so much for the correction. smiley
Well done!No one knows everything but it is good to admit your errors
Sports / Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by 0monnakoda: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
They are over 17 mostly. I would say the average age of that team is close to 19- 20 but this is not as bad as previously.They are a promising bunch and I hope they can move into a professiona club set-up quickly. I am sure some will already have been noticed by top clubs. Under 17 competition is not as important in Europe an I guess that is why we did not see much of Fabregas and Ramsey etc at that level. Bendtner played his first game for Arsenal at 17 so these guys need to be with clubs if they are going to make progress
Politics / Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by 0monnakoda: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
DerideGull: Everything out of Nigeria seems idiotic including the courts. Why would a court tell a group of likeminded individuals who should lead them and in what capacity? What law dictates to a political party how to change its leadership?
You are not very bright are you?
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
femogbangba:

Thank you for your insightful contribution as always.

Igbos' ability to do business everywhere is legendary, well known and documented. However, do you have any contributions to make with regards to the topic of the thread?

@ Topic

I think this part of his statement is thought provoking:

Speaking further on the need for the dialogue, the elder statesman noted that, “Nigeria belongs to all of us. This country was made one by our colonial masters and they didn’t say either north or south should be superior or inferior to the other. There is no country in the world where some people are second class and others are first class citizens so we must sit down and discuss the basis of our unity in this country.”
The question of questioning the basis of unity presupposes distinct groups,tribes,ethnicities or nations or whatever other terminology might be most suitable. In the event that those who wield the instruments of coercion decide that orderly secession is acceptable how are we to delineate all these groups ,tribes etc and what territories belong to whom? Assuming we do decide to remain together a total restructuring would seem desirable but again yes "what basis" many would argue that the state as a unit of representation,access to "commonwealth" and power to change the constitution install presidents etc is problematic the question is why would those who enjoy the status quo give up advantage willingly. It is impossible to see meaningful negotiation proceed without secession as a genuine lever. To the major ethnic groups the so called Geo-political zones might make sense but in reality SS and NC are meaningless agglomerations. Can the SS or NC live happily ever after as separate entities? I doubt this much. It seems to me that we must accept an open ended solution. One of continuous dialogue im 10 or 20 year cycles. We agree some things and postpone orders but there must be CORE issues for IMMEDIATE resolution such as Resource control,decentralized police and a much smaller Federal Government.
Sports / Olympic Bare Foot Marathon Winner 1960 Abebe Bikila by 0monnakoda: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
Saw this video first time today. Awesome.
This dude ran the Olympic marathon barefoot and won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OrcLeUVm3o
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

what if things get so bad after the election?

would a northern president be so enthusiastic about resource control, separation, and census?

That is why I say it should be a campaign issue. At the end of the day in order to realize any benefits of dialogue there would have to be a Constitutional change perhaps one of major proportions even. I don't see that happening before the next election. So let the next Presidential candidates debate on,among other things, how they will push a dialogue process. This should go into extensive detail including constitutional change and a clear commitment from the parties to support constitutional change too. E.g I will expect a candidate to say yes I will allow the discussion of secession or it is a "no go Area". Should Local government areas be named in the constitution etc. There is discussion informal and discussion formal the one just talk the other with a mandate and consequences. Jonathan did not campaign on this agenda and bringing it in now so late in the day means it will not be possible to implement anything before he leaves in 2015(he is leaving by the way)
Politics / Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
One tends to agree with the APC about the timing just over a year before Presidential elections. My suggestion is both Presidential candidates should make it a manifesto issue outlining their beliefs and policies or changes that they will pursue. After the election we can then talk of dialogue. It is impossible to imagine "dialoguing" in the middle of a Presidential campaign. Let us start the dialogue in 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.