Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Alosiby's house... - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alosiby's house... (39846 Views)

10 Reasons Why I Like Dame Patience Jonathan. / Guess What I Just Did? / How Will I Write In Tiny Small Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Go Down)

Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Awwww, Alosiby far from it! Im sure we're not in the same location and the lady's based here so she cant do your hair....except spiritually of course cheesy.....just kidding
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
Stalker for Seun,....dats me alright wink
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
@breathing: Call me a bit naive but was shocked that the book had quite a few scenes about love making, even describing some in detail...e.g when she slept with richard even with odenigbo or when the houseboy(forgot his name)raped the girl or whenever he was talking about buttocks being round..it was a good book but not my most favourite...guess i wasn't expecting the vivdness of her descriptions, expected that style of writing from a man..
I'm guessing you're also a fan of nigerian literature...dude(tte) too much in common
@ farydah: LOL....spiritually?..it a shame, the peops around here charge exhorbitant prices for hair..I'ma bout to get myself a sugar daddy to take care of my hair...any takers?
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Bia Farydah, just the way it is not nice to snatch another woman's husband or boyfriend, it is also not nice to snatch another woman's crush. Your fellow Diarian for that matter? That's just plain heartless, its like snatching your co-workers husband right after she had bragged about how good the man is, in bed. Faridah, Faridah, Faridah, how many times did I call you? Three times, keep your hands away from my man.

I admit its not easy keeping a crush who is young, popular, good-looking, and well-to-do, phew, if my lot in life is to always fight girls to take their fingers off my Seun, then that is all I'd ever do.

Btw Seun and I would like to apologise to all those who couldn't log in yesterday, we know you guys have gotten addicted to our website, but sometimes you just have to calm down while we carry out some maintenance jobs, to give you a better site.

Those who didn't get my Seun memo, see it here o. I got him first, stay clear!!! People still pour acid these days o. As for Faridah, asking how she is gonna kill her Seun crush, the first step is to desist from clicking on his profile!

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Acid ke? Ok *backing away from Seun's profile picture.....*feeling sad as a recall his smiling face.....anyway, my future husband will be better looking (I hope)

Was just reading this and it had me cracking:
10 WAYS TO CREATE A NIGERIAN HIT SONG
1. The Lyrics of your song must not exceed 50 words,where each line must be repeated over and over all through the song.

2. If your song's lyrics must exceed 50 words,simply feature a Rapper,any Rapper would do.

3. Your song's lyrics must also include catch phrases aggressively urging women to shake their behinds, whine their waist or bend down low.

4. Ensure you mention the names of your producer,director,fellow artistes, family members and 'Papa God' in your song.

5. Shoot a music video. Your music video MUST show the almighty US Dollar (or its photocopies) being flashed or thrown up in the air.

6. Clarence A Peters must direct your music video. Even if Clarence did not personally work on your video, just put his name at the end.

7. If you cannot afford Clarence A Peters' fees,simply raise some money and travel to South Africa. South Africa has many affordable music video producers PLUS you get the rare privilege of casting CHEAP white,Indian and Mullato female models. It adds an international feel to your music video.

8. Beg Derenle and one other light skinned girl with gold-dyed low cut hair to do cameos in your music video.

9. Bribe any notjustok.com administrator and have them premier your song on their website.

10.Once your song comes on air,quickly announce your upcoming UK and US tours . No one will bother asking how many people actually attended ur overseas shows.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW #1 HIT SINGLE !!!

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ok, I get now, and I agree with you. I also complained about something like that early in my diary when I read her first book. I feel like she Westernises parts of her book, and pretends that that's how it happens in Nigeria just to be able to sell her book abroad. Like I really hated the part in Purple Hibiscus where she said something like curry being put in soup! Who puts curry in soup in Nigeria biko nu? Or maybe I didn't get the memo! But I still love her sha, she really is creative and still one of my very bests!

Yeah I love African literature, I almost got 'I do not come to you by chance' last time I was in a bookshop, but my friend dissuaded me o, saying he has the e-copy of it and would e-mail it to me. Now he says it's too large to be sent in an e-mail. Smh!
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
me i dey casshi cold ooo
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
@Breathing: In Purple hibiscus it took me a while to realise it was the mum who poisoned the dad...was sad her brother never came back the same..LOL...curry??...but could relate to the girl's upbringing and dad...except my dad never beat my mum..umm...*derailing train of thought..
anyways, have you read "Swallow" by Seffi Atta? any other recommendations? Your friend be showing traits of wickedness(imo) but if and when you do get a hold of it (I do not come to you by chance), its a good read..
@Sapphire: my jollof rice-iye...LOL..that song cracks me up....
@Teeo: what if a future potential girlfriend had seen you during your "picnic"?
@Farydah: better start booking your plastic surgery...breathing sounds serious...
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
@alosiby92 if my future potential girlfriend had seen us, she would have only seen to guys sharing some snack at least our pants werent down so nothing would seem out of place.

The view was great, we could say we came sight seeing. It wldnt hurt to appreciate nature... wink
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
what abt sefi atta's EVERYTHING GOOD WILL COME
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Books plenty wey i fit recommend but abeg pay m CONSULTATION FEE
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
@ Sapphire: That's next on my wish "to read" list...consultation fee ke? what part of ON A STUDENT BUDGET don't you get?
@teeo: Ok, i have heard you....nothing abnormal about two guys sitting in a beautifuul location, eating snacks together ALONE...absolutely nothing...
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ, my friend didn't do that on purpose sha, I'd still get the book from him when next I see him. I'd go with a flash drive!

I've read Seffi Attah's Everything good will come. I loved reading about the protagonist's growing up, you might like it too. Hated her once she grew up anyway!

You could read Pa Ikhide's blog for regular reviews of Nigerian novels. Google the name and link to his blog!
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sapphire, see your mouth, you like money o, I'm sure you were an Igbo girl in your past life. For now you are just a Yoruba reincarnation!

Teeo: did you just say nothing wrong with two guys going sight seeing, and having a picnic. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
@Breathing: Just checked it out...looks pretty good...people who have time for blogging sef....wish I had that kind of stamina...
@teeo: So you knew he liked you and you still led him on...smh..so that's what you'd do to any other girl, abi? anyway, must say, i'm enjoying your diary sha

To all my lovely people (Skillet included) I need to go home now..and before you ask, no, i no get access to internet at home (my phone is not smart)...good night and have a blast..chat to your hearts content...its been great chatting with you...
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Breathing, I read you loud and clear......imma back off sad

Lolzzz @curry in soup. But Kambilli's father was somthing else!

There's this niaja novel i read protagonist is named Idemudia and wife slpt with his boss. They were really poor...somebody remind me what its titled pls

My first Danielle Steele was Daddy....i nearly cried my eyes out.

I'm still crazy about Sheldon's novel dat had twins...kate and....cant remember
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
@alosiby92 i wouldnt deny the fact that i lead ladies on. Read through my diary and u wld know what i mean. Am not an angel when it comes to emotions. Hughne... Is my witness.(where is he by the way)

@Farydah i have Daddy as my next read, on the top of my other books. I read Danielle's Zoya last week and it took all the maniless in me not to cry whilst i read the book, now your talking about Daddy and tears might be involved.

Maybe i wld just shift base to a John Grisham i have has number 2.... Am enjoying the power play in this novel..
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
this is the story of my life. can you imagine? now that everybody has left the class, skillet will come back to class to play table tennis and video games with other truants. let me wait here. maybe all those babes who do evening lectures will come back to school so we can block.
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Farydah, the book you are referring to might be called Violence by Festus Iyayi. I should probably google it 4 getting back to you. You know I'd do anything for you now that you have agreed to leave 'him' alone.

Skillet, see what the cat breathed in for you!
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Farydah, I just downloaded 50shades. Wow!
I have a copy of Violence, come to my house if you want to borrow!
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Double post sorry
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
bright, how far? its not what the cat dragged in but what it breathe in? you pipo will not ki us wit englis.
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
Its all good Breathing. Im still sad so I'll hold onto only a teeny weeny bit of that crush if you dont mind wink

So whatdya think so far Breathing? FYI, there's still 2 parts cos its a trilogy. I have downloaded all three but im unable to read the last 2 cos they are too heavy to read via email.....on 2nd tots lemme ask my good friend google if i can get a pdf reader directly on me phone.

Alosiby should kindly stay away cos book is REALLY RAW*facepalm*....

Yessss! Its voilence by Festus Iyayi. Lost my copy tho so I'll consider visiting errrrmmmmm Dubai To get urs....but on 2nd tots, is it 'dash' or borrow? Lolzz

Yea, Teeo just get ur tissues or handkie ready cos with DS, they will def come in handy!

Read sooo many novels back in secondary school that my brain is saturated and i have to re-read to remember storylines sef! Phew

Skillet ure not alone as it seems class aint totally empty smiley
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
farida, pls pardon my asking, but are you a christian living in kaduna or jos? if so, please tell us what are the real fears you face. are the stories we see in the papers true?

i spent some time in jos. thats where national film institute is located. i schooled there but i was never part of the people.

so pray tell. how do you people cope?
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmmmnnnn Skillet yea i live in jos as matter of fact im from plateau state. U schooled in Film Institute? Cool. Was around the school today sef.

Well, the stories are sadly, true. Its horrifying even tho i havent seen any dead bodies from the voilence but i have friends whose houses were razed down and also relations who have been affected. Cant remember any close friend or relative dying tho(thankfully). Yea im a christian. Farydah's just a moniker I've alwais loved.

But running with my laptop, credentials and a few essentials during crises is kinda a staple in my life right now.

Lucky for me(not my whole fam tho) i schooled outside jos so i rarely witnessed crises.

I remember when i was in my 3rd year in the uni and there was crises! All i could do was cry and call without cease! I was terrified for my fam. I kept urging my mum to leave with my younger sis and cousin and they kept delaying until the Hausas surrounded our house!! When they told me, i think its the pounding in my head and my tears that kept me from fainting! My sister who drives was in law school at the time so nobody to drive! My mother, luckily, peeped over the fence(house is on a rise) and she shouted to MOPOL to come and rescuee them. Thats how they escaped to barracks! Phew
That same night, we were told our neighbour's house had been set ablaze and we share a fence so asking about ours, they said twas safe.....huh?! We didnt believe them until my mum came back and confirmeed by herself. Dis is just one of the many crises tales I've heard or witnessed.

Where i reside, there's just a thin boundary between christians and muslims so d area is usually tense and ready to explode at the first sign of trouble!

God has been faithful sha as my sis is married and living in a safe part of town so we alwais relocate if things get serious....houses and cars can be burnt but lives cant be regained.

BTW, we live in our personal house hence the reluctance to move. God dey sha
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
Gawd, scary!
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
hmm.coughs*abeg mufu get me cofmix*. Continuous coughing. Will be right back after i use my medicine
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2012
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2012
am sorry to hear that farida. when i was in jos, i heard such tales. i have a friend who says he witnessed his fathers assasinction. he told us that their mai-guard was the person who led thugs to their house.

he and his brothers climbed a tree and watched them butcher his parents. story is too sad to tell. he says the judas inherited the house. is that possible?

but what is really the root cause? is it religion or politics or ethnic?
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2012
@Skillet i grew up in Kaduna so i have witnessed my own share of the violence, probably not to the scale of farydah's because i have always lived in a christian dominated area.

I lost a play mate during the first sharia riots in kaduna. His body was never recovered, stray bodies were giving mass burials.

The Kaduna and most northern riots started with the Ethnic and Religious undertone. The most violent started with the planned enactment of sharia law in kaduna, christians chose a day for protest which enventually resulted in stone throwing and some brianwashed islamists saw it as a period to fight a fake Jihad.

The present state of violence we are in, is just political that threads on the already fragile religious affinity between the Christians and Muslims in the north. Ethnicity plays a key role also because why is it that the yoruba muslim dont kill yoruba christians only hausa muslim kill other tribes.
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2012
teeo, was your friend an indigene? or a moslem? if the people seem to leave in peace sometimes, how come they just erupt at other times? who or what instigates them?
Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2012
Teeo couldnt have said it any better.

Morn y'all.

Skillet ur frnd is right. If a multireligious area becames d abode of a sole religion after crisis, the remaing residents take over abandoned houses. #sadmuch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51)

The Real Difference Between Men And Women In Pictures / Nairalanders How Do I Insert Images On My Nairaland Posts / Speeding Range Rover Driver Kills Man, Injures Another In Imo. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.