Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

Alosiby's house... - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alosiby's house... (40649 Views)

10 Reasons Why I Like Dame Patience Jonathan. / Guess What I Just Did? / How Will I Write In Tiny Small Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Go Down)

Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
@breathing: LMNO!!!! LWKMD!
"I don't want any white garment meetings o"
Another yoruba stereotype? Is it only Yorubas that attend white garment churches? #curious...
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ, I love Yellow garri. If I wanted to eat something white, I'd eat pounded yam or fufu nah, but if I have to eat garri, then it's rightfully supposed to be yellow. I get the hype about Ijebu garri btw, it's sweet to drink, but just for drinking o, when it comes to eating, I want it yellow yellow yellow.

But Yoruba people mix garri in their beans, what's that one for nah, if they so wanted the garri white, why mix it in something like beans!
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Its habbit i guess....and has a good taste...palm oil in cooked Garri AKA Eba? Still not too sure I want to try that.....
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
Alosiby, you know nah, btw I've figured out your real name, I heard the name for the first time last month (at nysc camp) and I just love the sound of it, there's a variation of the name that also has a 'u' in place of the 'I', I love both names and the girls I saw bearing them were both cute.

About the white garment, Teeo is still stalking this thread, the moment he leaves, I'd tell you that I saw too many white garment churches in Yoruba land o. Infact when Molly and I went to a fastfood, the whole place was filled with white garment! And I kinda got the impression (or maybe someone told me) that you guys have a whole number of them white garment churches. (No offence to white garment churchers o, I'm not saying anything is wrong with your church o, I'm just not interested in white garment at the moment)lolzzz
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
Btw, Teeo's friend must have been pretty desperate for some yellow garri, that's why he added palm oil while preparing the eba. Normally Igbo people add the palm oil while preparing/frying the raw cassava flour or whatever that's used in making garri
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
bright, how can i love this thread more than my own diaries? i just love you more than my diaries. and since you are here....

teeo. you are wicked. that story is pure fabu. palm oil in soaked garri? why? bros eh. lol. all the same, i love ijebu garri but it smarts like lemons. and i wonder how they make it so sour.
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ, Skillet that's sweet, I better go back to diaries then.
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
...no, theses no need to argue that. white garment churches are another national export which is proudly yoruba.

from colonial times, the yoruba have always been able to mix parts of their culture with christianity and form hybrid religions. examples are candomble, voodoo, and celestial movements.

in fact, i must confess that at a time, i thought cherubim and seraphim were yoruba words. sometimes, i still do. ibos would rather visit the dibias, in arochukwu cave.

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
common @skillet i didnt mean soaked garri but eba(igbos call it garri na),

the white garment thing ee breathing, i wld relate with u on that one. I grew up in the north so i wasnt so used to the aladura things but coming up south opened my eyes to it. Everyone around seems to be white garment person.

@skillet garri has to be sour that makes it nice to drink without sugar, @breathing again.. Beans mixed with garri is so nice. And helps to stop u from farting(dont quote me on that one sha). Not scientifically proven wink

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
bright, have you heard p squares song? the one that says- i go dey follow follow you. eh.
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
teeo, thank you very much. i for fear. eba not soaked garri. i get that.

and aladura is the word i was looking for. that is definately a yoruba word. abi?

also, my father taught me that soaking garri without sugar and salt can cause blindness. so i use both whenever am soaking. lets ask tuetbelle. so she can teach us a life lesson although its learnt late.

molly please. pleasssse.

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by farydah: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Breathing, heyyyyy ure coming down too hard on yorubas ooo. Lolzzz. BTW, i eat my garri with beans porridge......ate it for the first tym in sec sch and i liked it....you should try it too. And, oh, to return to a,rse wiping, i use both water and tissue and without doubt, I'll vouch for water anyday *pictures Breathing saying eeeeeewwww* lolzzz

Alosiby, sup? Errrrmmmm i dont do lectures more like job search *grins* how were lectures today? Your name's rily unique, nvr heard it before

Hey Skillet, Teeo, fyngal and peepers
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
hmmm, alosiby:u just tod us ur name
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Haaaa! No wonder diaryland has become sparsely populated... Na here the parry dey abi? Since I'm yoruba and we love parties, I'm here to stay so...(in Wunmi Obe's voice) fun mi ni sineese, pepper snail, samosa and all d every. @Alosiby, you are my younger sister's name sake and that name is lovely indeed.

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
where is tgal??
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
sixteen: Haaaa! No wonder diaryland has become sparsely populated... Na here the parry dey abi? Since I'm yoruba and we love parties, I'm here to stay so...(in Wunmi Obe's voice) fun mi ni sineese, pepper snail, samosa and all d every. @Alosiby, you are my younger sister's name sake and that name is lovely indeed.

Esa ti funmi ni IYAN pelu EGUSI, pelu STOCKFISH ati FRESFISH,SHAKI and PONMO.......... E don do, i dey watch my weight. Loool. The song always get me cracking

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ Faridah, leave me and my Yoruba people o.

Teeo, lolzzz, glad we agree on this one.

Sixteen: You didn't even finish entering you have already started party, you must be a true daughter of the soil, lolzzzz. As you people are eating all your eatables, remember it's night and beware of food poisoning!

Sapphire: Without asking I know you are the DJ, bring the fire!

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Haba breathing, food poisoning? It can't fit happen joor!
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Alosiby's house... by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
breathing: ℓ☺ℓ Faridah, leave me and my Yoruba people o.

Sixteen: You didn't even finish entering you have already started party, you must be a true daughter of the soil, lolzzzz. As you people are eating all your eatables, remember it's night and beware of food poisoning!

I am DJ BOMBASTIC,lol.
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
Can there be a party without booze, i just came in with lots of booze.. Cheap ones anyway. Alawi is not muchhh

Ebere mo le ke joo (dancing to Dj bombastic)

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lolzzz you guys should have fun drinking cheap booze and dancing to DJ Bombastic, I am retiring to bed. Alosiby would be sad she missed this, a party in her house in her absence?

2 Likes

Re: Alosiby's house... by Luckygurl(f): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
@alosiby92 yeah U got it ryt, dat was my WASSCE result. I've said a final gudbye 2 dat stage in lyf...

@all lyk seriously U guys are really making d bst out of dis thread.Kudos.
Abeg DJ bombastic were egwu piasia anyi uburu.
Re: Alosiby's house... by skillet(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
so while i was on set hustling, you guys were here organising a party in alosibys house? unu do well. dj bombastic lucky girl said you should play music that will scatter our brains. please i want to beg you people that otoxy is still in the cyber cafe so play music that will not scatter his brain o! teeo, pls knack me one udeme was a great man.
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2012
Here is the news for today!

Awwww, the house is hung over!

I see Teeo sprawled over a bottle of cheap booze, he's trying to open his eyes and peer at me but they are just too heavy.

Eeew, Sapphire has puked over her DJ equipments, so smelly, I wonder what she ate last night!

Sixteen is stuck in the toilet due to a terrible case of food poisoning.

Lucky girl fled home when things got out of control!

Alosiby would develop instant high blood pressure when she sees the state of her house this morning.

I'm Bright, reporting from Diaryland

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2012
@Bright, we shall clean up the house before Alosiby returns. Just do well to return in good time so I can pat u in the back and tell skillet to get here as soon as he wakes up so that I can press the stress pimples on his face....lol..
I'm glad Lola is alright, thought she had broken down or something.
Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2012
oooo, what a party (singing in wizkid's voice) there is no party like an Ijebu party... Like a yoruba parrry...

Men am so hung over someone get me Alabukun to clear my head.
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2012
*Keys turn in front door of house...Walks into house. Looks around...
Nothing seems to be out of place,house seems quite and yet unusually spotlessly clean..
*enters kitchen, examines pot. Sees slight mark of Yellow Garri inside....
*looks around for pounding equipment..sees that, it too has been used recently to pound yam...
*walks towards dustbin to find one bottle of cheap booze sticking out....
*enters bathroom to find someone water dripping all over floor: Sign that someone had used water to wash backside....shocked*

So you people entered my house and had a party without me, abi? see #WICKEDNESS!!!... that is how you people will have wedding and forget to invite me....CHEI! I never thought..in my own house? my own diary? @ Breathing why? sixteen, why? sapphire, why? (by the way, did you use my playlist?) skillet, why? teeo, why?
*feels betrayed..even the pounding equipment has failed me at this moment...
*sits down on couch and shakes head as glistening tears stream from face....
Re: Alosiby's house... by breathing(f): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Lwkmd o, who used water to wash backside biko nu? I suspect Faridah, she must have been food poisoned too!
I wasn't part of the party o, don't mention my name, plus they didn't use your playlist o, they only played one song that contains names of so many kinds of fish and meat!
Re: Alosiby's house... by alosiby92(f): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2012
breathing: ℓ☺ℓ Faridah, leave me and my Yoruba people o.

[b][quote author=breathing]

after encouraging them, now you want to say na wash, abi, bright? You even know what song was playing, how would you, if you claim to not have attended?.....not even using my music? Insult upon insult....smh

anyways, LWKMD!!! LMNO!! You people sha...this thread is too funny..
Oh, @Breathing, thanks for welcoming my cousin...I sugested he read my diary, now he's started his own own...
@ all the water backsiders, abeg, please come mop my bathroom floor -oh!

1 Like

Re: Alosiby's house... by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2012
@alosiby92, stop crying. But are u crying cos u missed the party or cos we used ur house

Btw, u really missed ask Sixteen who started the party sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51)

Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends / Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) / Nairalanders How Do I Insert Images On My Nairaland Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.