Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi (40148 Views)

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / Can President Buhari Stop Nigerians Being Unruly?--From The BBC / President Jonathan Mocked In A New Newspaper Advert(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by CyberG: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rossikk:

Transparency International's latest corruption index has nations like Russia, Venezuela and Ivory Coast ranked WORSE than Nigeria in corruption, yet we don't see any vilification of those people.

We are vilified because we are black, wealthy, influential and potentially very powerful.

Yes there is corruption in Nigeria. But there is 100 times worse corruption in the USA as we speak. It's just not presented as such. YOU are a victim of media manipulation of global facts. That the world thinks all Nigerians are corrupt is not surprising. Many in the same world don't know we have up to three standing houses in Africa, and believe we sleep with elephants, and that we all have AIDS and live in mud huts.

So one more added misconception is no great shock.

FACT is 99% of Nigerians have had NO contact with ANY foreigners in any business transaction, and therefore any 'reputation' among foreigners regarding the country's people is artificially constructed, and must be rejected by all right-thinking people.

(Rossikk returns to check his emails, and as usual, its flooded with letters from American fraudsters promising me millions for doing nothing).

Do you live in the US? Have you lived in the US? Have you tried registering a company, getting a driver's licence, collecting your degree, got stopped by a cop, etc in the US and had to pay a bribe to be let off the hook? Can you do any of these things without having to bribe some government or company official to get what you require on time? You speak about what you have no clue about...when Halliburton, Siemens, etc or foreign companies in the US are caught up in corrupt acts, what did the US government do? What has Nigerian governments done? Rep. Jackson was busted where did he go and where did Atiku his partner go? Stop this nonsense of defending the corruption of Nigerian leaders and most of their followers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Chingyarmani(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Rossikk: Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood. They switch on their radio and there's 2baba, Bracket, Whizkid and P-Square causing havoc. Everywhere they see Africans ballin', it's Nigerians.

It's like everywhere they turn, we dominate. Such a thing can induce real jealousy and animosity among people.

I suggest we ignore them, since they're hardly relevant in the wider scheme of things.
u so on point
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by shfizle(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
Much ado about Malawi... err, nothing!!!
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by king100(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
can to see how the name of the country sounds MA-LA-WI.Even in uk there is an advert that says something terrible about Nigerians' e-mail fraud.The day I heard I almost fainted.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Kay1kay1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
President GEJ thinks he's reaching out in friendship; he makes Nigerians look desperate...Let's fix home...check out NG artistes for example, all over MTV. I had a boss who flew to Jozy finding it hard to get his daughter's music videos onto MTV. Mind you, his daughter had become gotten enough playtime in her home country. He came back admitting, "You Nigerians have taken over there". It's not only music but in many other areas.

Yeah Nigerians're outstanding. Some of these African countries wallow in inferiority complex (they never want to learn). They see Nigerians (including the foolish crooks) tend to take everything to the next level...
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Uwehok: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
It's such a pity dat a small country lyk dat would make mockery of d only giant of Africa. For biting d finger dat feeds them.. They have done their worst n need 2have a rethink.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by dasparrow: 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Post

The whole world is just one big hate feast. Nowadays, people don’t even need a reason to hate. Just being from a different country, ethnicity and racial group or even religion is enough to cause many miserable people out there to hate another. Malawi is not in West Africa so what concerns them with Nigerians again? They are not an economically advanced nation either so who cares what they think of Nigerians?

We should know by now that most Africans and indeed black people are a very bigoted set of people. It is no wonder we are mocked, scorned and treated like trash when we go to or live in the white, Asian or Arab world. We have not learnt to love and respect ourselves and each other so why should we then expect people of other racial groups to respect us? We complain of white racism yet black on black racism is even worse and constantly on the rise.

Lately, I am just as suspicious of black people from other nationalities/ethnicities as I am of the whites, Asians and Arabs. Our world has become a terrible place so everyone should watch their back. The hate you see online reflects the reality on ground. Keep in mind that just because someone smiles at or with you does not mean that the person likes you. There are many closeted bigots out there (both African and non African) just looking for the right opportunity to stab you at the back if given a chance. So beware. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Peace Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Chuksaluta(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
II am surprise that malawi is a country, I actually taught malawi was the capital of Lesotho.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by onatisi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: That is what we face everywhere in the world but those against us now come back to admire us for our hardworking and never give up mind.

Ability to survive everywhere anywhere is what makes us giant of Africa.
i love u for this answer ,infact i will give u my wife .our never say die spirit is what differentiates us not only from other africans but other nationals,we dont give up ,we see things they dont see and we do things whych they cant do.in theend we overcome our challenges nd we stand tall above them ,tht is the nigerian spirit
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Ochek: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
Kessyy2k4: Wat ever humilatn 9ja folks get around d globe, our leadr cost it. 2 many q&a unanswer. Y coruptn ctn indefinatly? Y inpunity gain upper hand in d our senate n rep?, y terrorsm get suport 4fm so cal govt?, y unemploymt ovaweming graduate? Y religion, ethnic prblm gain ground?, y? Y?... No answer. No wondr common malawi humiliantin 9ja

No! You cost it. We all cost it. Stop putting the blame on just the govt when all or most of us can do is to only come in here on NL or other social media (which our govt) don't even pay any attention to and flex our muscles over what wrongs them are doing. How many of us here ve ever participated in active cry againist injustice and corruption? How many ever asked their local govt chairman about his neglected responsibilities? Or ur ward heads or leaders about what them are supposed to do? We tell ourselves: stay of the trouble, don't go barring those cards - ve you forgotten that boy killed in the last protest?
You like ur country? Start from ur lil place. Voice it out where it can be acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Rossikk(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
CyberG:

Do you live in the US? Have you lived in the US? Have you tried registering a company, getting a driver's licence, collecting your degree, got stopped by a cop, etc in the US and had to pay a bribe to be let off the hook? Can you do any of these things without having to bribe some government or company official to get what you require on time? You speak about what you have no clue about...when Halliburton, Siemens, etc or foreign companies in the US are caught up in corrupt acts, what did the US government do? What has Nigerian governments done? Rep. Jackson was busted where did he go and where did Atiku his partner go? Stop this nonsense of defending the corruption of Nigerian leaders and most of their followers.

My friend stop reasoning like a MUGU. The US can afford to maintain that internal decorum because they've profited massively from their WORLDWIDE DESPOILATION, you know, little things like invading nations on flimsy excuses to steal their oil, installing corrupt puppets in resource rich countries, sponsoring 'rebels' to overthrow govts which refuse to bow to them, slavery, economic exploitation of foreign territories etc... THAT'S SENIOR corruption we're talking about. Corruption that kills billions, and nets you trillions. Nigerian corruption in comparison, is akin to attacking an office messenger for stealing a sandwich while ignoring the pen robbing execs stealing millions in the boardroom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by berrystunn(m): 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
WHY YOU ALL HATE NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS !
African Country with most ethnicity and population- NIGERIA.

Richest black person on earth -Nigerian

African Country with the biggest corporations in sub saharan Africa -Nigeria.

African Country with most internet users -Nigeria

No. 1 Country in the world with most cellphone users and fastest growing mobile phone market -Nigeria

First African to win a Miss world beauty pageant-Nigeria.

First African country to launch a communication satellite (Africa’s first and only)- Nigeria

African Country with the most ambitious and accomplished space programme in SSA – Nigeria.

African Country with biggest movie industry -Nigeria (presently rated as the second largest movie industry worth 250 million dollars)

Most accomplished and richest African contemporary Musicians in Africa -Nigeria (The likes of Tuface, Dbanj, Asa, Iceprince, MI, P square set the trend in contemporary urban music in Africa, making Africans proud worldwide)

Yes, biggest criminals and fraudsters on the continent- Nigerians

Most hated and despised Africans- Nigerians

Most admired and emulated Africans – Nigerians

Biggest Church auditoruim in the world -Caanaanland, Nigeria

Country with Africa’s biggest Christian population-Nigeria

Country with Africa’s biggest Muslim population- Nigeria

Country with the most bible in the world -Nigeria (After the United States)

Biggest oil producer in Africa- Nigeria

Biggest gas producer (Liquified Natural gas)- Nigeria

Largest foreign reserve in Sub Saharan Africa- Nigeria

First African to win a noble prize – Nigerian in the Person of Prof. Wole Soyinka, 1986.

Most translated African Novel- Written by a Nigerian, Chinua Achebe’s Things falls apart has been translated into over 250 languages worldwide.

The United States’ largest trading partner in sub-Saharan Africa- Nigeria

Most resourceful and entrepreneurial Africans- Nigerian. Aliko Dangote examplifies a typical Nigerian business dexterity.

Largest number of African migrants living in the U.S.A- Nigeria

Africa’s biggest communities in the UK- Nigeria.

Africa’s first Olympics medal in Football- Nigeria (1996)

Nigeria has scored several first for Africa and the black race that it deserves respect ! smiley smiley grin

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
so sad oh nigeria how the mighty have fallen,we hate ourselves,why wont every one mock us,oppressed by those we adore,petty divisions nibbling our selves to death.was in the market today,i stay in abuja,saw this raggedly task force crew seizing groundnut and pear from people as wrecthed as them,then this soilder,female with the wrechted bunch,broke this passerby's forehead because he said oppression sweep,i got into a war of words with them and told them their lives would be better if they stopped people from selling groundnuts n pear,was so mad becos even the poor with a little power go gaga,stood my ground,and like cowards they faded away.so sad,is any hope left for this nation that was once full of promise?happy independence nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by tallfact: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
Media power at work. We have been painted as such by the international electronic media but there is no smoke without fire. However, if we need to redeem the image we have to put things right at home.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
How do I make food donation to maliwians?
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
A house that is divided against itself cannot stand; what is the way forward ?
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by GARRIWARLORD(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
Frank-C:
I think it is just a natural extension of what folks do here on NL, eager to malign and demean our country, insult our President, Senate, Judiciary and every thing that represent us as a people to the outside world. It has even gone so bad that foreigners who say something positive about us are now beign insulted for daring. UK tabloid can read the mood clearly and we are having uncharitable reports about our cities. But don't worry, if you want to be a progressive a smart Nigerian, just insult everything that represent us as a people. It is the best mood in town right now.
Oga,so we should die in silence.. Why should we pretend to be happy with the government,when we are not?.. We are not cowards,we must continue to air our views no matter the cost.. A time shall come when the masses would have had enough of all this bullshit called "government"...
Btw!! Nigeria is our fathers/mothers land,we can "never" and "will never" insult the country but will always continue insult the heddiots in power.. A time shall come when our "insults" will be converted to "actions"...
If malawians and other african countries are hating on us due to some information on nairaland or the internet as you said.. Let it be known that we shall also deal with them when the time comes juddging from th level of hatred they display towards us.. We shall also use the internet and nairaland as proof...
If no be condition and our heediot government wey make crayfish bend,who be malawi for where "Nassarawa local government area" dey..not to even talk about a whole NIGERIA!!!!
Mods un-ban kslib...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Excelboi(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
Danka7777: How do I make food donation to maliwians?
Lol
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Rossikk(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
berrystunn: WHY YOU ALL HATE NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS !

No. 1 Country in the world with most cellphone users and fastest growing mobile phone market -Nigeria

First African country to launch a communication satellite (Africa’s first and only)- Nigeria

African Country with the most ambitious and accomplished space programme in SSA – Nigeria.

African Country with biggest movie industry -Nigeria (presently rated as the second largest movie industry worth 250 million dollars)

Most accomplished and richest African contemporary Musicians in Africa -Nigeria (The likes of Tuface, Dbanj, Asa, Iceprince, MI, P square set the trend in contemporary urban music in Africa, making Africans proud worldwide)

First African to win a noble prize – Nigerian in the Person of Prof. Wole Soyinka, 1986.

Most translated African Novel- Written by a Nigerian, Chinua Achebe’s Things falls apart has been translated into over 250 languages worldwide.

Most resourceful and entrepreneurial Africans- Nigerian. Aliko Dangote examplifies a typical Nigerian business dexterity.

Nigeria has scored several first for Africa and the black race that it deserves respect ! smiley smiley grin

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by armadeo(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
ebamma: Nigeria is my country i shall not want,he makes me to lie down i vitafoam,it leads me beside oniru beach,he restoreth my food,he leads me in the path of lootingness for his name sake,though i walk through valleys of maiduguri i shall fear no evil,for soldiers are with me their guns and their bombs the comfort me, the prepareth a bank account before me in the presence of my enemies the anointed my account with bribes my balance runs over,Surely nairaland and 2go shall follow me all the days of my life and i shall dwell in my house in ajegunle forever and ever amen

Na wa oh. Somethings aren't just funny.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by trent9002(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
Malawi is in the top 10 poorest countries in the world. Why would any Nigerian go there except he was on exile? Even if he was on exile, there are better countries to run to
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by mulumele(m): 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood. They switch on their radio and there's 2baba, Bracket, Whizkid and P-Square causing havoc. Everywhere they see Africans ballin', it's Nigerians.

It's like everywhere they turn, we dominate. Such a thing can induce real jealousy and animosity among people.

I suggest we ignore them, since they're hardly relevant in the wider scheme of things.

Considering the fact that we are good looking bunch too.Have you seen some of these guys from east,central and south african countries? You will feel Denzel Washington from within.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by trent9002(m): 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
So if real countries like US, UK, RSA complain about Nigerian immigrants, Malawi will complain.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by donniemc: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
CyberG:

My friend Shutup...the reason you think the Us in not corrupt is because they are over 200yrs old...[size=28pt]"THEY HAVE PERFECTED THE ART OF CORRUPTION"[/size]...or do you think Nigeria would be exhibiting this level of corruption in 2052...?
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Kay1kay1(m): 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2012

Your stats may sound nice but it is an absolute waste of time churning them out to haters. They would ask you questions like, "What is a communication satellite?"; "Is Nigeria not in North Africa?"; "How come you have the richest African on the continent yet your country is poor?" (forgetting countries like Mexico - Carlos Slim, India - Tata)
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by onatisi(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2012

now clap for urself
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by godonzoki(m): 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
MacLovington: .

Is there any country that is not corrupt especially in Africa? Sure enough we haven't shown good leadership in Africa. We should have done better. But corruption is common all over Africa.
The difference is that every Nigerian is a critic. Every Nigerian has an opinion about government failure and openly express it. Other Africans think saying so about their country means lack of patriotism.

Is there any emperical evidence that murder/theft/violation/bribery per 100,000 population in Nigeria is more than that of Malawi for example? NO.

Other Africans have to be naturally weary of domination by Nigeria. It is basic instinct to feel threatened by an imposing figure. Other smaller countries often attack Nigeria as self-defence.
The boisterous, confident nature of Nigerians is secretely admired by most but openly portrayed as arrogance. Girls particularly like it.

Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood. They switch on their radio and there's 2baba,Bracket, Whizkid and P-Square causing havoc. Everywhere they see Africans ballin', it's Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by lafuria1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
if one ask the maliwians y the hate, they dont know, simply base on wat the read in the media. ok we have a corrupt govt, how does that affect the govt of malawi and its people. are nigerians taking over thier business or wives from them, or are we stealing from their govt? maybe. malawi?
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
there used to be a time,when ever african looked up at us,now they laugh at us
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by barikay: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
CyberG:

You may be right in some of your comments BUT they have VERY legitimate reasons and not the BS you have focused up there ^^. The point is this a good name is better than silver and gold but you are implying the reverse. All the riches of natural and human resources and our diversity is completely irrelevant with a perpetually inept and CORRUPT leadership. Nigerian leadership and leading Nigerian companies rank off the scale in corruption, NO COUNTRY will ignore that 'cos it trumps all the other points you made. I have traveled to a lot of countries, lived in more places than you, carry a passport of a country that does not require a visa in almost any other country and I can tell you the experience of a Nigerian passport holder is different. Get real, if everyone thinks something is wrong with Nigeria, your own single (or partisan minority) opinion is of no consequence. I, as a Nigerian, state honestly that Nigeria is corrupt, inept, and bandies the most useless set of leaders that ever existed anywhere on this planet - except a very, very few of them!
and u think by posting this here u are helping? Are u a Nigerian? Don't u know where to channel your anger?
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wow!! Even Malawi sef dey follow yab Nigeria.. Wetin no go hear.. Anyways, no need to break head for the matter.. No matter how Nigeria bad reach, we and Malawi can never be mate.. let them infact ban Nigerians from entering their country.. Its not like we have anything to gain from them..
Re: Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi by sanandreas(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Kessyy2k4: bros! Park well. Nigeria put ur house in other b4 cameroun capture nig. Ova bakasi isue
u must be a big fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tinubu Rejects Lawan, Yahaya Bello As Running Mates / President-elect, Bola Tinubu Accepts Wike's Invitation To Commission Projects / Senator Dino Melaye And His Kids (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.