Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call (26819 Views)

My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Amya(f): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
This trend is really rampant especially in my city that asking for a girls number is more like just trying to be nice and polite. The surprising part is when he eventually calls!
No one expects that!
Just as he's asking for the number, he knows that she knows that he ain't gonna call.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by cikadile: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL no its not. I prefer this method because:

1. I don't have to worry about whether the guy will call me or not
2. If I wasn't interested in the guy then I won't call him and thus he won't have my number to disturb me

admiring your style....
I do the passive, dry, last century thing of waiting for him to call
though if I took his number too, and he didn't call, I would delete the number sharp sharp if I like him, before I gave in to any stalking urges to call him before he called me
@freecocoa you tried o, with the waiting for guy from the bus to call

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by blackbeau1(f): 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
i become worried and start asking if there is anything wrong with me
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by cikadile: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
byvan: As a single lady,I rarely give out my number.Saying "u can't ve my number" was never a problem to me.I never call a guy first no matter how good looking or rich.I was very Friendly but not big into wasting my time on guys.Little wonder a smart guy came along,saw that and took me off the market for good.I don't think guys like pests which most women have turned themselves to.No guy ever collected my number without calling(when I was single).

Dear Lawd
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
Nairaland has become so cheap. Different shades of nothing? Who d hell are these new girls?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Suigenerisshegs(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
PWEETYWIZZY: It has apnd to me also. A guy collectd ma number 4 different tyms, up til nw, he hasnt cald me
..thats cos you apply too much mary-kay.

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by trojanjeremy: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
Nice topic! Buh my question is when is it too late to call? As in you got the number after three months should I still call?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by slimyem: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
A-ZeD:

Why have you not asked for my own? Is it that you don't like me enough or you don't like me at all.
i don't know you and haven't met u...
Maybe i will ask for your number when i do...cheesycheesy
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by slimyem: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
LemonBoy1:

wow, nw dts nt 1 of my best wishes 4 anybdy. It's nat actually an exciting experience. Bt u were able 2 rise above it, even stronger abi
lol.
There was nothing unexciting about it either...
I met a guy...we talked and liked each other or so i thought...we exchanged numbers,he never called so i called to say hello...he didn't return the call and didn't communicate afterwards....and i looked ahead..
Simple!!
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
2buff: Ladies how do you feel when he takes your number but doesnt call. I have been guilty of this several times cheesy
but then when I finally get to call her after like a month or more, the hatred is tangible and alive. grin

Why do yall find it hard to understand that a man is actually busy. angry
the world has a population of approx 7 billion so its not like that 1 guy is too important neither is he the next best thing after Obama...so its simple your life goes on there are over 3 billion more left grin
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dangerzone: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
slimyem: lol.
There was nothing unexciting about it either...
I met a guy...we talked and liked each other or so i thought...we exchanged numbers,he never called so i called to say hello...he didn't return the call and didn't communicate afterwards....and i looked ahead..
Simple!!

so mature you sound

2 Likes

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Johncuba(m): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
Lol
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
LemonBoy1:

ehmm, no let pesn change ur mood, u don pass em levu
yes ma'am! grin
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by drnoel: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
booqee[b:
]Most times its matured men dat don't call as often[/b]. But its not only cos their busy. You can't be too busy for a call?! At least you do make calls to people everyday, why not include hers??
I really don't understand d workings of their mind. But i know dat it doesn't mean they've lost interest, they don't just call noni. I hope guys comment and throw more light on dis.
I noticed its usually d 'boys' not 'men' dat usually calls you 24/7. Girls beware of such guys. I'm serious! angry
sorry don't agree with highlighted text. It has nothing to do with being matured or not, or the age of the man in question. Different men will explain it in different ways but the point there ladies should not 4get is this. If a man is in2 u, he will call, no matter how busy he is. He may not call u as often as u may want but he will defoinitely call.
Look, the fact that a man calls u everyday doesn't mean he is immature. OMG, how can u be that shallow. Or would u want us here to believe that cos u think like this, then u must be a child. No we won't be that shallow too, its just ur opinion, or maybe u really don't know better so let men here educate u.
Most men place priorities on people they call. Most men ask themselves, if I call her now what would come out of it. Or is it just to talk with her, abeg! Let me call my busines partner or abeg let me call Lady B (cos I don't have to talk long to get in btw her legs), thats how most men think.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by AZeD1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
slimyem: i don't know you and haven't met u...
Maybe i will ask for your number when i do...cheesycheesy
Does this not qualify as meeting?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Elebiju: 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
freecocoa: As in eh, I remember one guy I met on my trip back from Abuja, the dude was so fine, intelligent and his accent and command of the english language almost turned me on in the bus, he collected my digits but didn't call, after 3 weeks I started wishing I had collected his, after a while I forgot about him only to get a call 2 months after the trip together. Well he apologized and explained that he was out of the country that's why he didn't call. I just form vex small sha come later mellow.
eeya!I love sincere babes like u"fine intelligent dude"babes like u scarce wella o ehn but u didn't tell us the concluding part as I̶̲̥̅̊n d part where d guy chop Ūя pomo and d rest oya we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wait
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Elebiju: 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
freecocoa: As in eh, I remember one guy I met on my trip back from Abuja, the dude was so fine, intelligent and his accent and command of the english language almost turned me on in the bus, he collected my digits but didn't call, after 3 weeks I started wishing I had collected his, after a while I forgot about him only to get a call 2 months after the trip together. Well he apologized and explained that he was out of the country that's why he didn't call. I just form vex small sha come later mellow.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
candieangel12:

It doesn't show I am desperate. When I call the guy, I usually start with "Hey! Its _____, so I said I would call you and now here I am (with a laugh). So wat r you up 2." I say this very casually, so it doesn't seem like I am into him or what not. Usually with this the guy will think I am interested in being just friends. Maybe you don't agree with this method, but thats just how I work, I like to be in control wink

mmmmm.....control..... you mean all the time and in all situations or just when you meet a new guy? I checked your profile for a photo but saw u have none there....just wanted to see the face behind the words (or something like that)
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by mojounited(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
dangerzone: so mature you sound

Speaking like Master Yoda cheesy

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by AZeD1(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
sanb: @Op busy doing what if I may ask...that’s not a reasonable excuse. No matter how busy you’re, you'll find the time to call her.

It doesn’t sound good when you take a ladies number and don’t call. What was the point in taking the number in the first place? When we don’t give you guys our number, you guys would say we are forming or proud... cool we go ahead and give you the number yet you won’t call...I guess you can’t win all the time...

For me, I don’t give out my number to just any guy; you have to earn it to get it. If you’ve earned that privilege of getting my number, which is a difficult privilege to earn and you don’t call after a while, if suddenly you call, I’ll have to ask who you're and assume you’re a stalker...cool
How do i earn the privilege?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by gsalvatore: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL no its not. I prefer this method because:

1. I don't have to worry about whether the guy will call me or not
2. If I wasn't interested in the guy then I won't call him and thus he won't have my number to disturb me

I really hate it when a gurl asks for my digits instead of giving me her...as a matter of fact,if am interested in a lady and ask for her digit and she refuses but prefers that I give her mine, well...just forget about her sharpishly.! Hold your digit make I hold mine..

I can remember when I was in the University,I met this lovel gurly,very Toxicly endowed,her smile as soft as Water, well... we got along really nice then when the part that says" lemme give you a ring if am not being too straightforward" she declined rather she requested for mine...honestly a part of me doubted her cos Most Naija girls seldom calls and I even told her that she is not gonna call but she insisted that she would. I believed her(I no get choice na). To cut the story short,She never called till....well dat story na for another day.

I learnt my lesson(if u no go gimme ur nos,make sure u eat am) no need playing that kinda joke twice.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
LemonBoy1:

chief take am easy nah, e neva rch to tear shirt nah
aiit..my eyes on u
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
candieangel12:

Lol. I collect numbers not give. But why dont we start from chatting. PM me first.
am watching ur pm too
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
candieangel12:

Recieved and replied
oh rily baby angry angry angry angry angrycontinue replying o
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by toygod2: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
Most times i do it intentionally,nt that i dont have interest,but sometimes to show that men also have their own EGO
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nuzo1(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
Even if she's a Kim kardashian, I will never call her if at the first meeting she's full of herself, unnecessarily defensive and condescending.
Collecting her number may have been out of courtesy after she must have dangled her phone continuously in my face.

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Clemzy16(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
booqee: ok i'm quoting you again cos you're so wrong.
So you have a picture?? Ok noted.. But if you're lookin for ways to make me check out ur profile, then you're sitting on a long thing..
shift joor,.no time abeg!
But babe, you razz sha..
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by getukudo(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
I'm 100% guilty of this. I never call. NEVER!! I have ladies numbers on my phone for 3years now (some gave me their numbers to call them) and I never really bothered to call back. Don't want to fall in the group of 'He just wants SEX' guys. So I'd rather not call at all! Sometimes I just feel there's really nothing I wud be discussing with her.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Clemzy16(m): 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
slimyem: your picture says you are 16.....
...no surprises given your posts on this thread...
Yep! Ya right. Nd datz cus i hav a sincere profile/personality. Unlike you, fake N.Name, fakes picture and fake profile.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
Clemzy16: But babe, you razz sha..
aite..thanks. undecided

next pls?!
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
Sagytarius: I don't even bother asking for number because I won't still call. Enjoying my Bachelorhood.
#Ladies_can_be_pain_in_the_ass

Guy... u read my.mind die! I enjoy my life alone with my TV and Books ... As I live alone, think alone and have no lady to think about for like 3 years now since I started o... I dey enjoy am....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Assuming You Were Told To Slap Your Lover For One Million / Ever Received A Rival's Call? / Is Lesbianism On The Increase In Nigeria? (pics Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.