Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call (26844 Views)

My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by israelbenzion: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
dangerzone:

How the guy now freecocoa? una still dey talk abi he don chop comot? grin
Na wa upon u o! That was for d Abuja trip: she has actually done d PH, Lag, Ibadan, Yenegoa, Kano, Kaduna, Calabar, and Enugu versions since then. Men dey for line so why waste all day wit one customer?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Pweetyoma(f): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
2buff: Ladies how do you feel when he takes your number but doesnt call. I have been guilty of this several times cheesy
but then when I finally get to call her after like a month or more, the hatred is tangible and alive. grin

Why do yall find it hard to understand that a man is actually busy. angry
eewwwh, Feel so unlucky esp if the dude is so so cute... Too busy nt to place a minute call? Nah.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
booqee: aite..thanks. undecided

next pls?!

I'm next,hi.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Pweetyoma :
eewwwh, Feel so unlucky esp if the dude is so so cute... Too busy nt to place a minute call? Nah.

well....on behalf of all men out there, the word busy doesn't necessarily mean tied up with work for us. A man could get occupied by much activities for days on end after meeting u but to be sincere,if the lady struck a chord,he will DEFINITELY call....

P.S>nice username. I will ask for your number too o
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 12:39am On Oct 21, 2012
freecocoa: It can be annoying o I no go lie(especially when he's cute and classy) but when he eventually calls, I don't sound mad or anything, I even feign being ignorant of who's on the other end.

Lolzz... Ahh! Galz and their frontin
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 12:43am On Oct 21, 2012
freecocoa: As in eh, I remember one guy I met on my trip back from Abuja, the dude was so fine, intelligent and his accent and command of the english language almost turned me on in the bus, he collected my digits but didn't call, after 3 weeks I started wishing I had collected his, after a while I forgot about him only to get a call 2 months after the trip together. Well he apologized and explained that he was out of the country that's why he didn't call. I just form vex small sha come later mellow.

Vex? Maka why? Na ur boi friend him be wey u dey vex for am? Lmao... But anywayz, sometimes, I just enjoy it wen galz front... E dey una body
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 12:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Double194: Its all bout the maturity, the more U tryna call, the more desperate U seem. If U finally call, 'em go form ignorance but bros na wash, 'em they feel U die.

Guy no be lie... All that one dem dey do na skimming. E no reach belle...
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 12:49am On Oct 21, 2012
PWEETYWIZZY: It has apnd to me also. A guy collectd ma number 4 different tyms, up til nw, he hasnt cald me

Ehya... No wori me go kall u. Lol
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 12:51am On Oct 21, 2012
Area_boy: Drunken night out, "hey, how you doing.. here, give me your number"

Morning after.. "awwww my head.. wtf is this number doing on my phone, DELETE" undecided

Guy! Only u na badt guyzzz
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by nganan(m): 12:55am On Oct 21, 2012
Better if you try to call him.
But if he didn't serious with you.
Just get a new friends :-)
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 1:01am On Oct 21, 2012
Sagytarius: I don't even bother asking for number because I won't still call. Enjoying my Bachelorhood.
#Ladies_can_be_pain_in_the_ass

No be lie my guy. Enjoying my singlehood. Lol
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by mastersr95(m): 2:13am On Oct 21, 2012
gsalvatore: I really hate it when a gurl asks for my digits instead of giving me her...as a matter of fact,if am interested in a lady and ask for her digit and she refuses but prefers that I give her mine, well...just forget about her sharpishly.! Hold your digit make I hold mine..

I can remember when I was in the University,I met this lovel gurly,very Toxicly endowed,her smile as soft as Water, well... we got along really nice then when the part that says" lemme give you a ring if am not being too straightforward" she declined rather she requested for mine...honestly a part of me doubted her cos Most Naija girls seldom calls and I even told her that she is not gonna call but she insisted that she would. I believed her(I no get choice na). To cut the story short,She never called till....well dat story na for another day.

I learnt my lesson(if u no go gimme ur nos,make sure u eat am) no need playing that kinda joke twice.

Gbam!!! correct
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 3:07am On Oct 21, 2012
gsalvatore: I really hate it when a gurl asks for my digits instead of giving me her...as a matter of fact,if am interested in a lady and ask for her digit and she refuses but prefers that I give her mine, well...just forget about her sharpishly.! Hold your digit make I hold mine..

I can remember when I was in the University,I met this lovel gurly,very Toxicly endowed,her smile as soft as Water, well... we got along really nice then when the part that says" lemme give you a ring if am not being too straightforward" she declined rather she requested for mine...honestly a part of me doubted her cos Most Naija girls seldom calls and I even told her that she is not gonna call but she insisted that she would. I believed her(I no get choice na). To cut the story short,She never called till....well dat story na for another day.

I learnt my lesson(if u no go gimme ur nos,make sure u eat am) no need playing that kinda joke twice.

Well this 2012 where ladies are supposed to make more initiative, it shouldn't only be the men that call. Maybe she didnt call you for quite a few reasons. I wont lie, I have been gulity of not calling a guy because I just wasnt attracted to him. If a girl really likes you then she will call you. For instance, there was this guy I met sometime 2 years ago on the plane, we sat next to each other. We talked the whole plane ride, we even argued over some issues. He was my kinda guy, cute, sexy, smart, with a very good job. After we boarded off the plane, we bid farewells and then I realized that I forgot to collect his number but by then it was already too late cus I didnt see him again. But as I was about to get into a taxi, one girl came runnin up to me & told me a guy told her to give me this paper. I collected it and opened the paper n it was his number and a message saying call me sometime baby girl, I thought it was kinda romantic lol. Of course I didnt waste time callin him because I was really attracted to him, I called him as soon as I got home lol.

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2012
balogunsam:

mmmmm.....control..... you mean all the time and in all situations or just when you meet a new guy? I checked your profile for a photo but saw u have none there....just wanted to see the face behind the words (or something like that)

LOL, please tell me how many people on NL put up their real pictures? HABA! Nawa ooo. Anyways I have a type A personality, where I like things to be perfect and go my way. I like everything planned out ahead of time, I would probably go crazy without my calendar. I don't really like suprises. So I guess its safe to say that I like to be in control in a relationship BUT I know when to allow my man to take control. I know when to shut and apologize and let him do his thing.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 7:32am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL, please tell me how many people on NL put up their real pictures? HABA! Nawa ooo. Anyways I have a type A personality, where I like things to be perfect and go my way. I like everything planned out ahead of time, I would probably go crazy without my calendar. I don't really like suprises. So I guess its safe to say that I like to be in control in a relationship BUT I know when to allow my man to take control. I know when to shut and apologize and let him do his thing.

well....I once used my real photo for about a month then while trying to 'check out' people I realized twas like I was the only one with a real photo so I took it down and put what I sell up there...see my business,see me...sort of.

woow.....really? without a calendar its a bad day for you? hehehe, that's serious. I am a super organized person too but not the calendar type o...haa...calendar ke? Permit me to ask (if you are not married or engaged yet). What would happen if your BF were to propose to you out of no where? I hope you wont bring out your calendar and look around and say "awwwww,thats so sweet honey,but please try again by november 16,thats the date i planned to be proposed to". That's a joke anyway. The nice thing about ladies like you is your men can be at peace knowing that things are planned totally at home and no sudden issues will come up. MEN leave the money things to such women.

what kind if things do you leave a man to be in control of? #justcurious

I like to leave a few things to chances and natural occurrence...I like to impress a lady fully and at the end of the journey just pick my bag,smile sweetly and say 'bye'...believe me,one girl tracked me down one time like that. she said "are you crazyyyyy? won't you ask for my number? are you forming or what?" I simply smiled,apologized and asked for her number...dint kal sha.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2012
balogunsam:

well....I once used my real photo for about a month then while trying to 'check out' people I realized twas like I was the only one with a real photo so I took it down and put what I sell up there...see my business,see me...sort of.

woow.....really? without a calendar its a bad day for you? hehehe, that's serious. I am a super organized person too but not the calendar type o...haa...calendar ke? Permit me to ask (if you are not married or engaged yet). What would happen if your BF were to propose to you out of no where? I hope you wont bring out your calendar and look around and say "awwwww,thats so sweet honey,but please try again by november 16,thats the date i planned to be proposed to". That's a joke anyway. The nice thing about ladies like you is your men can be at peace knowing that things are planned totally at home and no sudden issues will come up. MEN leave the money things to such women.

what kind if things do you leave a man to be in control of? #justcurious

I like to leave a few things to chances and natural occurrence...I like to impress a lady fully and at the end of the journey just pick my bag,smile sweetly and say 'bye'...believe me,one girl tracked me down one time like that. she said "are you crazyyyyy? won't you ask for my number? are you forming or what?" I simply smiled,apologized and asked for her number...dint kal sha.

Yea, a calendar is my best friend, sorta. lol I have everything written down.There was a guy I once dated and we used to talk about our future alot. I told him how I wanted to be proposed to and the period I would like the proposal. I remember on Valentines day, I made him tell me what he got me a week earlier just so I wouldnt be suprised and also cus I was too anxious to know what it was. My personality has its up and downs because my exes hate that I like to know EVERYTHING. lol but I am gonna try and change that aspect of me.

And when I mean I know when to let my man make decisions. I am a control freak but when a man puts his foot down and say 'look this is how its going to be done' and i find no other reason to disagree then i simply let my gaurd down n let him have his way. I dont want to ruin his ego because I kno ego is important to men, so I put my ego aside. And yeah, I like to be impressed also, but in a romantic type of way. lol
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by chukxy44(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2012
My strategy is simple and far more effective. Call her same day to keep d communication active den personally stay off her line till wen I need to see her again. That way she is wondering were in d world I have been. 1. It shows I am d caring type but busy 2. It proves I am not desperate

1 Like

Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by gametalk: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2012
Personally, i dont call on that same day i had her numba... I always wait till 4-7days...
Reasons.
1. The Girl will feel too much important if you call her same day you had her numba.
2. She might thinks you'r one of those jerks out the day.
3. Funny enough, if you call her too much, she wont been pickin up your calls.

Try this out Fellas.... Call that lady after 4-7 days you had her numba...During your conversation on fone
"Hello Girl's name, u gave me your numba few days ago at ....hope am talkin 2 rite person...... "When you;re about to end the call simply say you can me at anytime.

It works.. The girl will be calling you 4life...
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Yea, a calendar is my best friend, sorta. lol I have everything written down.There was a guy I once dated and we used to talk about our future alot. I told him how I wanted to be proposed to and the period I would like the proposal. I remember on Valentines day, I made him tell me what he got me a week earlier just so I wouldnt be suprised and also cus I was too anxious to know what it was. My personality has its up and downs because my exes hate that I like to know EVERYTHING. lol but I am gonna try and change that aspect of me.

And when I mean I know when to let my man make decisions. I am a control freak but when a man puts his foot down and say 'look this is how its going to be done' and i find no other reason to disagree then i simply let my gaurd down n let him have his way. I dont want to ruin his ego because I kno ego is important to men, so I put my ego aside. And yeah, I like to be impressed also, but in a romantic type of way. lol
i know
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by ib22003(m): 11:14am On Oct 21, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Ok, like I said, I play by my own rules......... My friends are my friends, it doesn't matter who calls first ok.
But when a potential toaster (if I may call him that) collects my number and intentionally waits for a month before he calls me? He shouldn't bother! To me its childish!

So would a guy that just want to be friends with me bother about being tagged "desperate?"

I love communication ok, in as much as I like you I'm gonna call you often and I won't get tired of you calling me, then if a guy gives it another definition and I find out.....I'm so dumping him!

same here as a guy.why should we play mind games if its going to be serious.I have to play this mind games atimes which I don't want to but in order not to be taken for granted
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

I remember on Valentines day, I made him tell me what he got me a week earlier just so I wouldnt be suprised and also cus I was too anxious to know what it was.

:oISSSALIEEEEEE!!!! Seriously?!!!! My God!! This is serious! That's the strangest 'strain' of Type A i have ever seen o. Then i musta been right with the proposal thing. You'll be like "babe,er..i dont mean to be forward or anything but like you already know, i dont like surprises so i want to know the date,time,where,when and how you will propose to me...you know i have to plan my response and stuff before the day"

And when I mean I know when to let my man make decisions. I am a control freak but when a man puts his foot down and say 'look this is how its going to be done' and i find no other reason to disagree then i simply let my guard down n let him have his way. I dont want to ruin his ego because I kno ego is important to men, so I put my ego aside.

Niiiice! At least you still budge when he puts his foot down...that's a good part of you. If your man is the type who doesn't like to be stressed and argue and stuff,he prolly will say 'yes' to everything you say sha. And NO, the ego thing is not like a branding and 'follow come' thing with men...its just there...the "head of this house" syndrome.

And yeah, I like to be impressed also, but in a romantic type of way. lol

mmmmmmm..... kiss the nicest part of your post. But I'm curious again;how do i impress you when i cant even plan a surprise without you investigating,prying and trying to dig up what i'm trying to put together for you? What impress you...in a romantic way?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
balogunsam:

:oISSSALIEEEEEE!!!! Seriously?!!!! My God!! This is serious! That's the strangest 'strain' of Type A i have ever seen o. Then i musta been right with the proposal thing. You'll be like "babe,er..i dont mean to be forward or anything but like you already know, i dont like surprises so i want to know the date,time,where,when and how you will propose to me...you know i have to plan my response and stuff before the day"

Niiiice! At least you still budge when he puts his foot down...that's a good part of you. If your man is the type who doesn't like to be stressed and argue and stuff,he prolly will say 'yes' to everything you say sha. And NO, the ego thing is not like a branding and 'follow come' thing with men...its just there...the "head of this house" syndrome.

mmmmmmm..... kiss the nicest part of your post. But I'm curious again;how do i impress you when i cant even plan a surprise without you investigating,prying and trying to dig up what i'm trying to put together for you? What impress you...in a romantic way?

Usually I get impressed with ideas. N if u rlly wana go out of ur way 2 suprise me then u have 2 put ur footdown n be xtra careful so that I wont find out abt any plans cus once I find a lil detail, I will pester u till u tell me more lol
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Usually I get impressed with ideas. N if u rlly wana go out of ur way 2 suprise me then u have 2 put ur footdown n be xtra careful so that I wont find out abt any plans cus once I find a lil detail, I will pester u till u tell me more lol

Xtra careful u say... Sum1 like myself, I dont need to b extra careful cuz there is no way u can dig up sumtin from me. Anywayz, I am type A or 1 as u may want to call it and when dealing with me, ur tentacles need to b on alert cuz my foresight is way too much... Well, I like my types, cuz we do tinz in an organised manner and that is y we are perfectionists...
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
dmcdad:

Xtra careful u say... Sum1 like myself, I dont need to b extra careful cuz there is no way u can dig up sumtin from me. Anywayz, I am type A or 1 as u may want to call it and when dealing with me, ur tentacles need to b on alert cuz my foresight is way too much... Well, I like my types, cuz we do tinz in an organised manner and that is y we are perfectionists...

Yay! I've met my type smiley but sometimes bein type A can be annoying and stressful
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Yay! I've met my type smiley but sometimes bein type A can be annoying and stressful

Yeah! Its stressful cuz u wanna do everything perfectly.. For the annoyance u talked about, I think I have worked on myself a great deal that I am almost perfect! Well, no one can b perfect...
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by candieangel12(f): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
dmcdad:

Yeah! Its stressful cuz u wanna do everything perfectly.. For the annoyance u talked about, I think I have worked on myself a great deal that I am almost perfect! Well, no one can b perfect...

Pls, we gotta chat so u can tell me how u worked on the annoyance part because its still 1 of my problems.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Pls, we gotta chat so u can tell me how u worked on the annoyance part because its still 1 of my problems.

Do u make use of whatsapp?? If u do, then I will drop my digits so we can liase....
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
dmcdad:

Do u make use of whatsapp?? If u do, then I will drop my digits so we can liase....

Suave and smooth.
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by dmcdad: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
balogunsam:

Suave and smooth.

Wateva...
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by balogunsam(m): 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

I am not type A or 1 but i think i like you o...would love to whatsapp too if you dont mind... grin
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

oh rily bbae...wat abt mi?
Re: When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call by Don4life: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
dmcdad:

angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

13 Tips On How To Treat Your Man Right / Stop Looking For Virgins And Get Married Guys, You Can't Eat Ur Cake And Have It / Ozzy Etomi: Why Men Hate Runs Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.