Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14093 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

A woman might provoke a man into beating her like vivi said, but that doesn't mean what the man did is right.its absolutely wrong.i understand where vivi is coming from.

its not all men that is has self control so women should try their possible best to prevent those men going way beyong their temperament limit.the ist day i saw my dad cook NSALA soup was the day my mom shouted at him.that was the ist and only time i saw my mom shout at him and he was so fûcking pissed.what he did in order not to react negatively was to storm out of the parlour, head to the kitchen and start cooking the soup that my mom wanted to cook that day just to keep his thoughts occupied.with that way and him chatting with me, he took his mind off the situation.not every guy can control himself so its better not to step in their toes.so i think both vivi and you are right but still beating up a woman aint RIGHT

what i learnt that day was: THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO BEAT UP A WOMAN without laying a finger on her cos my mom came back apologizing later on cos her conscience pricked her.

Your father deserves a lot of respect!
And no, she is not right because she never corrected herself on the "MOST TIMES" and "70% of Nigerian women" are guilty for men beating them up.
I won't agree with her and she should be smart enough to confess her mistake.
And unlike you, she justifies beatings with a person doing "something" wrong.
It's not possible to always control yourself, we're just human. Situations can get out of control and to err is human but to forgive is divine. However, there is no excuse for a man or a woman to be violent against their partner. Her statements are dangerous.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:

You are as senseless and irritating as a moronic spinehead. Your response utterly proves you to be shallow minded and a confused midget.

When has it become the prerogatives of women to attack a man first before a retaliation is substantially endorsed as acceptable or have you join the bandwagon effect with no discerning perception or ideology of your own.

My dear most women are horrible to live with and really don't know when to draw boundaries. Have you ever encountered a violent woman in your life or one with no shame? Vivian chinasa captured it all and I totally agreed with her standpoint irrespective of the fact that she is of the women constituency. Her contribution was outstanding than the crap you enunciated here.

In as much as I do not support violent behaviour in any ramifications, I also find it disgusting to find a man hitting his woman. But... And there is a BUT, if any woman becomes overbearing and dominating, what can a man do other than to slap sense right back into consciousness. Women are know to get away with lot of demeanor and social misfit attitudes and when not addressed in the most capable manner tend to escalate or snowball into ''irreconcilable difference'' with time and you know what that means.

So I'd just say it is far better by addressing some ''provocative issue'' with violent reactions than filling for divorce each time a woman troubles his man's peaceful existence in an unusual manner. Any woman that cannot comport herself or set boundaries is as guilty as the man that hit her.

This women liberation and right is why there is hugh number of broken homes in the western world where it is been practiced.

dude, you made a whole lot of sense but you didn't have to call him midget and other derogatory stuffs words just to pass your opinions.this how E-fights starts, he responds and you respond back and then there's HIDDEN POSTS.please stop with the name calling.nice post by the way.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Vivian Nwanne'm
You know I love you right?
But mama I gatta tell you the truth.
There's no excuse whatsoever to beat up a woman, it can be understood in a case of self defense but nothing more.
Abuse of any kind is bad.
Women are usually more verbal abusive but darling, never tolerate a slap from any man because you think you were wrong.
What of if he slaps you whenever he feels you are wrong?
Nne please don't tow that line.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Pataki: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Whether physical, mental, or verbal abuse, no human being of either sex should be subjected to such in a relationship.

A relationship is meant to be enjoyed not to be endured. If this is not the case, please life is too short for enduring pains. Walk out fast no matter the complications that may arise.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

dude, you made a whole lot of sense but you didn't have to call him midget and other derogatory stuffs words just to pass your opinions.this how E-fights starts, he responds and you respond back and then there's HIDDEN POSTS.please stop with the name calling.nice post by the way.

By his level of aggressiveness you should be able to understand why he is the one to justify domestic violence grin

He makes very little sense.

I don't understand how domestic violence and marriages WITHOUT RESPECT are better than divorce.

And I feel sorry that he has known women that make him think that majority of women are horrible to live with.

Again: Like Vivian, has he done research or does he know "MOST WOMEN"?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Your father deserves a lot of respect!
And no, she is not right because she never corrected herself on the "MOST TIMES" and "70% of Nigerian women" are guilty for men beating them up.
I won't agree with her and she should be smart enough to confess her mistake.
And unlike you, she justifies beatings with a person doing "something" wrong.
It's not possible to always control yourself, we're just human. Situations can get out of control and to err is human but to forgive is divine. However, there is no excuse for a man or a woman to be violent against their partner. Her statements are dangerous.

smart enough? Hey, I think its enough! Do you understand me right now? I have not out rightly insulted you.... Pls....don't you ever make such remarks about me again! Present your argument in a mature way....if u ever insult me again I will turn this thread upside down, and I will give you the insult of your life! Pls be warned! Sexkillz and mukina2 should take note!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
candieangel12: Watched a movie a couple yrs back called "For Colored Girls". It was a very emotional and touching film. You all should watch it.

There was this one scene when the abusive boyfriend threw their 2 children out the window because he was pissed at his gf. The kids died.

If you are in an abusive relationship, both men and female, walk away b4 its too late.

that movie is a must watch...it pained me that that humbled and hardworking woman lost her kids to that villain.reall touching.i nearly cried.

As sexkills would always say, know the type of men/women you date thoroughly before starting a relationship/marraige with them.i've never dated any gurl that will scream or threaten to kill me or make me act thugishly cos' it aint my style so i do make i sure we're compactible before any stuff will happen btween us...

Keyword:COMPACTIBLE
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

What kind of ladies are you socializing with to say that MOST women are horrible to live with? undecided
There are many divorces in the Western world but that doesn't mean that African families are happier.

My dear the issue is not the ladies I roll with but addressing the point raised in the thread.
Every human is violent in nature but we tend to subdue it with temperance.

If a woman ignite my adrenaline level untoward, I will relax the reflex action on her period!

Most cases of suicide, hypertension and other heart associated ailment is caused by irresponsible women to their men. I will not wait to be brought down psychological by an insensitive woman bullcrap before I reorganize her thinking faculties using jackie chan approach.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

smart enough? Hey, I think its enough! Do you understand me right now? I have not out rightly insulted you.... Pls....don't you ever make such remarks about me again! Present your argument in a mature way....if u ever insult me again I will turn this thread upside down, and I will give you the insult of your life! Pls be warned! Sexkillz and mukina2 should take note!

Tell me where I have insulted you in the post? Disagreeing with you is an insult to you?
There is no need to threaten me, I don't care if you turn this thread upside down.
Just correct yourself on the MOST WOMEN and 70 % of Nigerian women and I'll shut my mouth.
I don't feel insulted by you. Even if you insult me in the future, know that I couldn't care less.
I have presented my arguments in a very mature way. Re-read.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:

My dear the issue is not the ladies I roll with but addressing the point raised in the thread.
Every human is violent in nature but we tend to subdue it with temperance.

If a woman ignite my adrenaline level untoward, I will relax the reflex action on her period!

Most cases of suicide, hypertension and other heart associated ailment is caused by irresponsible women to their men. I will not wait to be brought down psychological by an insensitive woman bullcrap before I reorganize her thinking faculties using jackie chan approach.

It's your choice to surround yourself with lovely ladies.
And I want to believe that you have the capacity to find better ways to handle a woman.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
freecocoa: Vivian Nwanne'm
You know I love you right?
But mama I gatta tell you the truth.
There's no excuse whatsoever to beat up a woman, it can be understood in a case of self defense but nothing more.
Abuse of any kind is bad.
Women are usually more verbal abusive but darling, never tolerate a slap from any man because you think you were wrong.
What of if he slaps you whenever he feels you are wrong?
Nne please don't tow that line.

Men I won't tolerate a man beating and I wont push him to! That's quite simple.........no man has ever laid his hands on me........I have never pushed a man to the wall before. A man I'm dating has never even threatened to beat me. Its as simple as that! Let's not hide under the cover of "weaker vessels" and constitute nuisance, period!
Men should not beat their wives......women control you tongues and actions! Okwanu onye kpara nku ahuhu rioro Ngwerre oru o.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

By his level of aggressiveness you should be able to understand why he is the one to justify domestic violence grin

He makes very little sense.

I don't understand how domestic violence and marriages WITHOUT RESPECT are better than divorce.

And I feel sorry that he has known women that make him think that majority of women are horrible to live with.

Again: Like Vivian, has he done research or does he know "MOST WOMEN"?

carefree sweery, please just let it slide with vivi.you guys shouldn't E-fight about this stuff

like i said earlier, i dont need any research but that i believe that beating is not the answer.its absolutely wrong.women are verbal like freecocoa said so if i was a guy, i will ignore the hell outta of a nagging lady when he starts nagging and if its about to get out of hand, i'll simply walk away.but just know that, no all men can control their anger; that's where vivi's opinion comes into consideration.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

vivi, don't do this...it aint worth it...you've made your point known.i know you are better than this.please let it slide please
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

carefree sweery, please just let it slide with vivi.you guys shouldn't E-fight about this stuff

like i said earlier, i dont need any research but that i believe that beating is not the answer.its absolutely wrong.women are verbal like freecocoa said so if i was a guy, i will ignore the hell outta of a nagging lady when he starts nagging and if its about to get out of hand, i'll simply walk away.but just know that, no all men can control their anger; that's where vivi's opinion comes into consideration.

I am not fighting. It's just a discussion and I take it for what it is. I even enjoy it.
And I agree with you 100% BUT what you are saying is different from what she has said.
BTW, why are you telling me to stop arguing? It's her becoming aggressive. Never mind, I understand why.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DrUloma: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
No man has d right to hit me or any other woman! No mata wat d issue on ground is! Come to think of it,thr r better ways to purnish a woman rather than hit her, wat of if in d process of beating her u kill her or give her a permanent disfiguremnt...sorry wldnt solve it @ dt point! So i totally disagree wif turning one's wife into a punching bag,no mata wat!besids wat example r u showing to ur kids!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by 4q: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
The same reason some customers choose to remain with MTN.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by opeoluwa2(f): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
75percent of our ladies in naija are been physically,emotionally and verbally abused.
We rate abuse by physical laying of hands to molest a person.what about emotional abuse,where your self esteem is downgraded?
Our mothers do not see verbal abuse or emotionally abuse as a problem therby encouraging their daughters to bear with the man for the sole purpose of marriage.the reason for low rate of
divorce in this part of the world is bcs our patient level is very high.
Truth bi told the rate of abuse of women is very high in nigeria.
And most women are managing it,don't mind all this pretenders on nairaland forming holier than thou.wr know how it goes.we are all in it.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I am not fighting. It's just a discussion and I take it for what it is. I even enjoy it.
And I agree with you 100% BUT what you are saying is different from what she has said.
BTW, why are you telling me to stop arguing? It's her becoming aggressive. Never mind, I understand why.

Make all the argument you want but don't joke with my personality again.....not now, not ever! And this sounds as a warning to everybody that has called me names in this section.......I have chosen to let it slide but it should never repeat itself.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Make all the argument you want but don't joke with my personality again.....not now, not ever! And this sounds as a warning to everybody that has called me names in this section.......I have chosen to let it slide but it should never repeat itself.

Have I called you names?
Have I made jokes?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

lol...argue on my sister.just that she has taken it serious that's why i was trying to plead with you to let it slide or take it easy.there is a way you guys can still convince each other
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

Hahahahahaha... Guy, he ignorantly bought the rat concoction I prepared for sexkillz so I want to educate him on the dosage.
I have a score to settle with him, brotherman.
He threw the first salvo... And my defense artillery is being overhauled for effective aggressions.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:

Hahahahahaha... Guy, he ignorantly bought the rat concoction I prepared for sexkillz so I want to educate him on the dosage.
I have a score to settle with him, brotherman.
He threw the first salvo... And my defense artillery is being overhauled for effective aggressions.

lol...mehn, MOD sexkillz got alot of enemies..lol..easy sha.i can feel your wrath from afar
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by subzero2(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: I don't support a guy physically abusing a lady but most ladies should check themselves. Most times the ladies are not completely innocent in the case. No guy has ever raised his hands on me before and I have never done anything to warrant that. So if I really did something wrong and he slaps me? I'd suck it up. But if he lay his hands on me for no just cause? I'd end the relationship, his azz will be thrown in jail or my brothers will give him the beating of his life.
When u were eatin his money, were ur brodas thr? What if he's a superior "NIGGA" dan ur brodas?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by omicron(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
Amya: And you really want them to admit it here? Really?
No crime in that. But considering discussions so far, I guess topic should have read: "Is it ever justifiable for a guy to beat up his girlfriend or wife in a relationship" cos that is clearly where opinions strongly vary.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

lol...argue on my sister.just that she has taken it serious that's why i was trying to plead with you to let it slide or take it easy.there is a way you guys can still convince each other

I'm also taking the topic seriously.
I respect her as a human being but I don't agree with her. Never will.
Anyway, I have said what was needed to be said. And I'm sure that the day will come that she will understand and find a slight reminder of me.
PEACE! wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
goofie: who beats d men whn dey r wrong? what makes d man right to correct d woman and she cant correct him? if dts submission,i will never be submissive to collecting beatings.

i dont feel any man born of a woman hs a right 2 raise his hands and beat me.

in d secondary school i attended,it ws a serious crime 4 a guy 2 hit a girl.it ws a military school.d soldiers usually rang it that "NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES, DONT HIT HER. in a case whn a guy does, d girl picks d purnishment.

i dont bliv a guy hs dt right to beat someone he claims to love.
You better preach it sister!! GBAM!
vivian chinaza: Menh.....I don't know why some women allow sentiments to cloud their sense of reasoning.

Where in my comment did I actually justify a man hitting his woman?

You said
So if I really did something wrong and he slaps me? I'd suck it up.
What I am getting from this is that a man hitting a woman is justified if the woman was at fault.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by obowunmi(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
Keyword is COMPATiBLE not COMPACTIBLE.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
obowunmi: Keyword is COMPATABLE not COMPACTIBLE.

it actually is COMPATIBLE wink

typing errors happen ...
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Amya: Vivian Chinaza, I wish life were that simple.
I wish you trying to be a good person who keeps the peace doesn't mean you won't be stuck with an abusive psychopath. Life is not black and white. Many people suffer from what they don't deserve. And many people enjoy what they don't deserve.

I know the school of thought you believe in. I saw it all from the other cheaters thread. Men and women are not equal, and if only they know their roles would there be peace. I wish it were that simple. NEVER EVER make excuses for a man's bad behavior! It's you living in a fools paradise! I guess you are not married. You may be a saint, but making that mistake of marrying a bad abusive man is the end of you. It has nothing to do with how good and loving you're to him.

P.S. At this stage, you're deeply grounded in your beliefs, and nothing anyone would do or say can make you change your opinion. But all I have to say to you sister is, you got it all wrong.
Mehn, u said it all!! It's just sad to see, so sad.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
ItsModella:

You said

What I am getting from this is that a man hitting a woman is justified if the woman was at fault.

yeah, you're right...i always apply the golden rule when it comes to situations like this.i won't be happy for a woman to beat me up or slap me cos' i erred, neither will i wanna do such to her.what's GOOD for the goose is also GOOD for the gander...shikena!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

It's your choice to surround yourself with lovely ladies.
And I want to believe that you have the capacity to find better ways to handle a woman.

Yes... just like Rihanna and Chris Brown.
Did Chris Brown justified his prison term on Rihanna? Hell NO.

You rant, rave, curse , hit and had the temerity to flung my car keys into a snake infested shrubs because you are a woman.

Bleep you, folk America, I will disorganized your appreance momentarily because I know where it will end. While I am cooling my as$ in jail, you are undergoing medical(plastic) surgery to recapture your original identity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Exquisite Photos Of Beautiful Muslim Women / Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? / See What The Girl Am Asking Out Sent To Me ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.