Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14088 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Looking from a christian perspective, the attitude displayed on this play is just the right thing to do.
That's just undiluted poo

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 8:28am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm protected all round from women battery. The law protects me, I have got parents who will kill for me, I have brothers who will bury a man alive if he dares it...........but that doesn't mean I should go about being silly.

I'm not troublesome, I try as much as possible to avoid troubles but that doesn't mean I'm scared.
You seem to go about this the wrong way.

Hitting anyone, woman or man is unexcusablle and you have no right to do it no matter how angry you are. What every they hell happened to grab some headphones? Lock yourself in another room.

It is a crime and you should not do it unless it is in self defence

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by EzePromoe: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: Menh.....I don't know why some women allow sentiments to cloud their sense of reasoning.

Where in my comment did I actually justify a man hitting his woman?
That I don't justify it doesn't mean I shouldn't tell the woman were she went wrong!

I once belonged to an NGO that fought against women battery....in as much as we blamed the men we also cautioned the women. There were seminars and conferences organised to deal this. Should a man beat his wife and vice versa? Hell no! Should a woman push her husband to the wall and vice versa? Hell no!
In our course of research we found out that some women actually push men to the wall. Its as if they beg and long for these men to beat them. Some women are crazy and they pull a lot of crap......for instance, when you are arguing with you husband and he says ok its enough but you wouldn't just stop, he keeps quiet and it angers you the more, he wants to leave and you block his way......you won't listen until the man does something terrible and then you finally shut up and listen........now my question is what do you stand to gain? Why wait till the man does something terrible before you come back to your senses? Is prevention no longer better than cure? Yes, we are weaker vessels and the law protects us.....should we then throw caution to the wind? Everyone should take responsibilities for their actions and that's what some women fail to do?
Anger is a terrible thing, and we all try to control it and our spouses should make it easier for us.

@itsmodella; my dear your attitude either brings out the best or the worst from people around you. You deserve better and so its ur husband.

vivian chinaza: I'm protected all round from women battery. The law protects me, I have got parents who will kill for me, I have brothers who will bury a man alive if he dares it...........but that doesn't mean I should go about being silly.

I'm not troublesome, I try as much as possible to avoid troubles but that doesn't mean I'm scared.
I give you seven 'muah muah' for this smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
You seem to go about this the wrong way.

Hitting anyone, woman or man is unexcusablle and you have no right to do it no matter how angry you are. What every they hell happened to grab some headphones? Lock yourself in another room.

It is a crime and you should not do it unless it is in self defence

I agree with you........but both parties should share the blame when shi..t happens.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Amya(f): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2012
Vivian Chinaza, I wish life were that simple.
I wish you trying to be a good person who keeps the peace doesn't mean you won't be stuck with an abusive psychopath. Life is not black and white. Many people suffer from what they don't deserve. And many people enjoy what they don't deserve.

I know the school of thought you believe in. I saw it all from the other cheaters thread. Men and women are not equal, and if only they know their roles would there be peace. I wish it were that simple. NEVER EVER make excuses for a man's bad behavior! It's you living in a fools paradise! I guess you are not married. You may be a saint, but making that mistake of marrying a bad abusive man is the end of you. It has nothing to do with how good and loving you're to him.

P.S. At this stage, you're deeply grounded in your beliefs, and nothing anyone would do or say can make you change your opinion. But all I have to say to you sister is, you got it all wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by goofie: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2012
who beats d men whn dey r wrong? what makes d man right to correct d woman and she cant correct him? if dts submission,i will never be submissive to collecting beatings.

i dont feel any man born of a woman hs a right 2 raise his hands and beat me.

in d secondary school i attended,it ws a serious crime 4 a guy 2 hit a girl.it ws a military school.d soldiers usually rang it that "NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES, DONT HIT HER. in a case whn a guy does, d girl picks d purnishment.

i dont bliv a guy hs dt right to beat someone he claims to love.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by lolaluv1(f): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2012
^^
Yuuuppp!

@Amya
You put it so aptly!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2012
obowunmi: Any human being that hits another human being needs to see a psychiatrist.
That means all the military and police men shuld be admitted ASAP! grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by sauceEEP(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2012
omicron: I've seen a lot of it. They come back crying to u....why? Cos their boyfriends have beaten them - yet again! And I cant help but wonder why they still remain with such men, which is why I ask: Will you choose to remain in a relationship where the man habitually abuses you? And what keeps ladies in such relationships going? Any contributions and experiences are welcome!
fear of loneliness i believe is one the reasons and before i forget good KUSKII grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Ramcie(f): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2012
Issues like this you would see ladies denying it saying: God forbid, swearing and cursing when truly they receive from mild to severe beatings in their relationship. If you find out, it's the ladies that make the most mouth in topics like this that receive the most beating. For me, I have never been with a guy that abused me and I pray I would never.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nickydrake(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
AB10:

Marriage counsellors say one out of two women are abused, I also made a little research and observed it could be higher. I just don't understand why girls put up with such siht.

The bolded, i suppose, means your 'little research' revealed that two out of two women are abused. Is this correct?
grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by dnawah(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: I don't support a guy physically abusing a lady but most ladies should check themselves. Most times the ladies are not completely innocent in the case. No guy has ever raised his hands on me before and I have never done anything to warrant that. So if I really did something wrong and he slaps me? I'd suck it up. But if he lay his hands on me for no just cause? I'd end the relationship, his azz will be thrown in jail or my brothers will give him the beating of his life.
wat if the guy is jet lee + rambo + undertaker nko?i pity ur bros o!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by nekaa(f): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
No!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
dnawah: wat if the guy is jet lee + rambo + undertaker nko?i pity ur bros o!

You know I don't believe in "move it or I move you!" While I languish in pains......hell no! Pains scare the hell outta me. If he tries it........my brothers will ambush him and give him the beating of his life! Then when they start their "move it or I move you!" Both of us will be feeling the pains!

What even makes you think I can't beat some men? Check my siggy joor....grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by dnawah(m): 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
Wat if the reverse it the case?there this my neighbor that use to beat his babes,even if 2 of them come 2get and mess up he'll beat them.now the new one is something else.it happened one nit wen they had small misunderstanding,she hit him and beat him up.(if u see my guy eyes d next morning)and she keep on beating him anytime d guy misyan.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Networkmaster(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44: Whatever a woman does to a man does not deserve a beating unless of course she attacks him first. If she does not slap you or pull a gun on you why beat her up? It is senseless and cowardice.

If as Vivian says the moan always insult him, why can't he insult her back? Why mist you beat her up for insulting you.

Does it also mean if his mother insults him he will beat her? Lepa be practical here.

If a woman insults you in public and you beat her up, you will go to jail for assault. No excuse that he insults you will save you. But if she hits you first, then you have a sensible defence

My friend, i do not support the act of beating women, that is wrong. At the other hand, its of a man's nature not to talk like women, so you don't expect a man to start talking rubbish with his wife, definitely its going to be a lost battle cos' women are better at that. It takes a real man to control that situation if not, men have always been known to respond physically. I will still advice that women should know when to stop when the man plead for them to stop.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Networkmaster:

My friend, i do not support the act of beating women, that is wrong. At the other hand, its of a man's nature not to talk like women, so you don't expect a man to start talking rubbish with his wife, definitely its going to be a lost battle cos' women are better at that. It takes a real man to control that situation if not, men have always been known to respond physically. I will still advice that women should know when to stop when the man plead for them to stop.

Socialize with the right kind of ladies and you won't have to deal with such problems. wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
dnawah: Wat if the reverse it the case?there this my neighbor that use to beat his babes,even if 2 of them come 2get and mess up he'll beat them.now the new one is something else.it happened one nit wen they had small misunderstanding,she hit him and beat him up.(if u see my guy eyes d next morning)and she keep on beating him anytime d guy misyan.

The woman is wrong to beat him up. No tolerance for violence!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Ndoz(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
Una be fool: It's bullshìt in the court of law. I would simply charge any guy who abuses me physically $60,000 and all expense paid trip to Dubia if I was a lady smiley
hmmmmmm
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Ocutegan(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
I said it before and ama say this girl vivian or whatever or stoopid name implies, is the dumbest girl on earth. See human thinking faculty, o girl I fear you o. God no go let me have anything do with you for real life cos for you to sit down and take your time in writing all these unbelievable posts then I can only imagine how backward your thinking is. I thought women are now empowered to stand up for their right. See you have no place in this era of the world, all you'll ever be is a man's servant. Showed my gf all your posts and I expected her to laugh but she was angry at your level of stupidity. All the guys wey go marry this kind nigerian girls I hail una o.
*spits on her head and walk out*

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ocutegan: I said it before and ama say this girl vivian or whatever or stoopid name implies, is the dumbest girl on earth. See human thinking faculty, o girl I fear you o. God no go let me have anything do with you for real life cos for you to sit down and take your time in writing all these unbelievable posts then I can only imagine how backward your thinking is. I thought women are now empowered to stand up for their right. See you have no place in this era of the world, all you'll ever be is a man's servant. Showed my gf all your posts and I expected her to laugh but she was angry at your level of stupidity. All the guys wey go marry this kind nigerian girls I hail una o.
*spits on her head and walk out*

Posts like this give me hope Africa is developing in the right direction! Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
i've seen such scenarios.earlier last year, a guy brutally beat his Gf up(though the gurl wounded him on his lips).i was amazed when guys arrived to call police for her BF and the gurl started pleading that its not a serious issue.that they had a little misunderstanding.i was like WTF!!.am i dreaming or what.this act is unexcusable.i just don't know why the gurl acted in such a way.

Some peeps call it love but i call it madness!!.if that is love, then i choose to dwell in hate.and this aint the ist time this guy is beating his Gf up.if it was the ist time, maybe i can actually understand but not severally.i think some gurls stay cos of low self seteem,love(stupîdity),what they stand to gain from the guy in the future or so that their friends won't laugh at them or maybe his bedmatics skills.whatever it might be, it absurd for a gurl to continue a relationship where it's more of boxing than romance and sharing love between one another

since the female folks are the weaker vessels, there are many ways of venting one's anger at them than battering them.in the scenario where she blocks your way, hides the door key in her bra while threatening you to do "your worst"; you can overpower her, collect the key from where ever part of her bra she hid it and storm out of the room cos' satying behind might actually tempt one to do something silly

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'll not take that from any man.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky: i've seen such scenarios.earlier last year, a guy brutally beat his Gf up(though the gurl wounded him on his lips).i was amazed when guys arrived to call police for her BF and the gurl started pleading that its not a serious issue.that they had a little misunderstanding.i was like WTF!!.am i dreaming or what.this act is unexcusable.i just don't know why the gurl acted in such a way.

Some peeps call it love but i call it madness!!.if that is love, then i choose to dwell in hate.and this aint the ist time this guy is beating his Gf up.if it was the ist time, maybe i can actually understand but not severally.i think some gurls stay cos of low self seteem,love(stupîdity),what they stand to gain from the guy in the future or so that their friends won't laugh at them or maybe his bedmatics skills.whatever it might be, it absurd for a gurl to continue a relationship where it's more of boxing than romance and sharing love between one another

since the female folks are the weaker vessels, there are many ways of venting one's anger at them than battering them.in the scenario where she blocks your way, hides the door key in her bra while threatening you to do "your worst"; you can overpower her, collect the key from where ever part of her bra she hid it and storm out of the room cos' satying behind might actually tempt one to do something silly

10 likes!

I have once known a couple in which the man was a complete failure and therefore very frustrated and aggressive.
They were driving me home. I told her to turn left but she turned right. For this reason he got angry and punched her face, hard! cry
The girl comes from a home where her mother and the children were constantly beaten up by their alcoholic father. That explained to me why this girl, attractive and nice, remained in this relationship. Yet, some people will say 70 % of Nigerian women get beaten up because they insult their husbands.

Another man was beating up his wife because she refused to tell him where she hid the money that SHE earned to feed her children and that he wanted to use for gambling. Yet, a woman will say that she worked for a "NGO" that did research and found out that most women are guilty of their men beating them up. A soap opera is more realistic. Even a fairy tale is more true.

Madness!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by candieangel12(f): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Watched a movie a couple yrs back called "For Colored Girls". It was a very emotional and touching film. You all should watch it.

There was this one scene when the abusive boyfriend threw their 2 children out the window because he was pissed at his gf. The kids died.

If you are in an abusive relationship, both men and female, walk away b4 its too late.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44: Whatever a woman does to a man does not deserve a beating unless of course she attacks him first. If she does not slap you or pull a gun on you why beat her up? It is senseless and cowardice.

If as Vivian says the moan always insult him, why can't he insult her back? Why mist you beat her up for insulting you.

Does it also mean if his mother insults him he will beat her? Lepa be practical here.

If a woman insults you in public and you beat her up, you will go to jail for assault. No excuse that he insults you will save you. But if she hits you first, then you have a sensible defence

You are as senseless and irritating as a moronic spinehead. Your response utterly proves you to be shallow minded and a confused midget.

When has it become the prerogatives of women to attack a man first before a retaliation is substantially endorsed as acceptable or have you join the bandwagon effect with no discerning perception or ideology of your own.

My dear most women are horrible to live with and really don't know when to draw boundaries. Have you ever encountered a violent woman in your life or one with no shame? Vivian chinasa captured it all and I totally agreed with her standpoint irrespective of the fact that she is of the women constituency. Her contribution was outstanding than the crap you enunciated here.

In as much as I do not support violent behaviour in any ramifications, I also find it disgusting to find a man hitting his woman. But... And there is a BUT, if any woman becomes overbearing and dominating, what can a man do other than to slap sense right back into consciousness. Women are know to get away with lot of demeanor and social misfit attitudes and when not addressed in the most capable manner tend to escalate or snowball into ''irreconcilable difference'' with time and you know what that means.

So I'd just say it is far better by addressing some ''provocative issue'' with violent reactions than filling for divorce each time a woman troubles his man's peaceful existence in an unusual manner. Any woman that cannot comport herself or set boundaries is as guilty as the man that hit her.

This women liberation and right is why there is hugh number of broken homes in the western world where it is been practiced.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Men don't beat your wives! Women control you mouths and actions towards your husbands..........simple!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Amya(f): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
candieangel12: Watched a movie a couple yrs back called "For Colored Girls". It was a very emotional and touching film. You all should watch it.

There was this one scene when the abusive boyfriend threw their 2 children out the window because he was pissed at his gf. The kids died.

If you are in an abusive relationship, both men and female, walk away b4 its too late.

Saw that movie. Very touching.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:

You are as senseless and irritating as a moronic spinehead. Your response utterly proves you to be shallow minded and a confused midget.

When has it become the prerogatives of women to attack a man first before a retaliation is substantially endorsed as acceptable or have you join the bandwagon effect with no discerning perception or ideology of your own.

My dear most women are horrible to live with and really don't know when to draw boundaries. Have you ever encountered a violent woman in your life or one with no shame? Vivian chinasa captured it all and I totally agreed with her standpoint irrespective of the fact that she is of the women constituency. Her contribution was outstanding than the crap you enunciated here.

In as much as I do not support violent behaviour in any ramifications, I also find it disgusting to find a man hitting his woman. But... And there is a BUT, if any woman becomes overbearing and dominating, what can a man do other than to slap sense right back into consciousness. Women are know to get away with lot of demeanor and social misfit attitudes and when not addressed in the most capable manner tend to escalate or snowball into ''irreconcilable difference'' with time and you know what that means.

So I'd just say it is far better by addressing some ''provocative issue'' with violent reactions than filling for divorce each time a woman troubles his man's peaceful existence in an unusual manner. Any woman that cannot comport herself or set boundaries is as guilty as the man that hit her.

This women liberation and right is why there is hugh number of broken homes in the western world where it is been practiced.

What kind of ladies are you socializing with to say that MOST women are horrible to live with? undecided
There are many divorces in the Western world but that doesn't mean that African families are happier.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:
Yet, a woman will say that she worked for a "NGO" that did research and found out that most women are guilty of their men beating them up. A soap opera is more realistic. Even a fairy tale is more true.

A woman might provoke a man into beating her like vivi said, but that doesn't mean what the man did is right.its absolutely wrong.i understand where vivi is coming from.

its not all men that is has self control so women should try their possible best to prevent those men going way beyong their temperament limit.the ist day i saw my dad cook NSALA soup was the day my mom shouted at him.that was the ist and only time i saw my mom shout at him and he was so fûcking pissed.what he did in order not to react negatively was to storm out of the parlour, head to the kitchen and start cooking the soup that my mom wanted to cook that day just to keep his thoughts occupied.with that way and him chatting with me, he took his mind off the situation.not every guy can control himself so its better not to step in their toes.so i think both vivi and you are right but still beating up a woman aint RIGHT

what i learnt that day was: THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO BEAT UP A WOMAN without laying a finger on her cos my mom came back apologizing later on cos her conscience pricked her.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by oluking: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: Men don't beat your wives! Women control you mouths and actions towards your husbands..........simple!

you have said it all jare!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by 5much(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
No one has d right to hit d other nd both shd try not to push each other to d wall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet Cynthia, The Olosho Girl That Slept With Me 3 Nights For Just #3knaira / Latest legs in town ( photos ) / The Best Way To Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.