Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14089 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:29am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: yes its a felony in Lagos, so is it in US but we still hear cases of it.
we want it totally eradicated!
Can you totally eradicate crime? There are criminals and there will always be.

Murder has a life sentence, in some places death. But people still kill people na
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:30am On Nov 09, 2012
I had to create a new account so that I can comment, since Sexkillz decided to ban me yesterday.

I have a lot to say on this issue, but I've got an early start tomorrow, so I'll leave you lot to get on with it.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:
I had to create a new account so that I can comment, since Sexkillz decided to ban me yesterday.

I have a lot to say on this issue, but I've got an early start tomorrow, so I'll leave you lot to get on with it.

U better say it! angry angry

sexkillz banned you?? You're officialy a Nairalnder grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Lmao abil got banned yay! grin grin cry cry
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:32am On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Will that explain why there are two of you?

Viewing this topic: abiL ( f ), centje ( m ), candieangel12 ( f ), vivian chinaza ( f ), abiL* , Shollypopz ( f ), hornipipe ( m ), Mynd_44 ( m )
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:32am On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: Lmao abil got banned yay! grin grin cry cry
She's coming after you next
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
She's coming after you next
abil? tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:37am On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: abil? tongue
yes
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
yes
you'll wait till thy kingdom come undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:46am On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: you'll wait till thy kingdom come undecided
that is around the corner
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
that is around the corner
yea, samething people who lived a thosand years ago said undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:52am On Nov 09, 2012
Actually fûck it! grin

Vivian, I've really grown to like you, but I just don't agree with some of your view points. Before I discard someone's point of view, I examine it first.

I've been closely following this thread, but I couldn't comment because of the yeye Sexkillz guy tongue

Anyway, The way we see things as adults is largely due to what we've experienced as a child, and in the past. I don't know how your upbringing is (and I don't want to disrespect you), but I just cannot get my head around why you will deem it acceptable for a man to smack his woman even if he was provoked to that point of aggression.

A man should never ever lay his hand on a woman. Never! Unless he's a coward. There are better ways of telling someone off, by resorting to petty things like better a woman up.

Biologically, the masculine gender is the stronger sex. This will give a man an unfair advantage if he ever decide to beat up a woman.

What will it cost a man to leave his house and get some fresh air when he's getting irate or agitated instead of lashing out on his partner? Nothing.

My dad has never and he will never lay his hands on my mum. Because real men knows how to control their women without physical aggression.

From what I understood from your posts vivian -correct me if I'm wrong- you think it's only acceptable for a man to beat his partner when he's provoked, and we woman should control our voice.. Am I right?
....I completely disagree with you on this. Under no circumstances should a man stoop low by laying hands on his partner.

He can restrain her... Not to the point of imprinting marks on her.

He can shout at her, tell her STFU.

He can give her a taste of her own dish by cursing her. Two can play the game.

He can also walk out of the house and leave her to calm the fûck down.

But what he must never do is lay his hands on her. Because from the moment a man does that, he starts to lose respect as a man.

So what if a woman smacks her man? What should a man do?

In this case, a man is allowed to shake the woman up and let her know that the shït she's trying ain't right.

But some women knows how to fight well well, so if a man is dealing with a woman like that, he needs to get his karate kits out, and karate chop her grin

On a serious note, even up to the point of provocation, a man shouldn't be physically aggressive to a woman

Oh just remembered that you said a man can beat a woman if she did something wrong. Please define what wrong means in this context.
..if she gets him warm water instead of a cold one even when he has told her several times that he only likes chilled water, should she be slapped. Should the bîtch be slapped?

There are other things that could be done, without a man resorting to physical or emotional abuse.

All the English teachers in the house, pardon any typos, I'm typing on my phone o!

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by JANK23H(m): 1:52am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

But men should slap their wives when they have "running mouths", right?

Gbam!!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:52am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:

U better say it! angry angry

sexkillz banned you?? You're officialy a Nairalnder grin grin

Second time that I've been banned now. The twát grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:54am On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: Lmao abil got banned yay! grin grin cry cry

Mumu tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:55am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
Will that explain why there are two of you?

Viewing this topic: abiL ( f ), centje ( m ), candieangel12 ( f ), vivian chinaza ( f ), abiL* , Shollypopz ( f ), hornipipe ( m ), Mynd_44 ( m )

Yep! Had to quickly create another username. Needed to voice my opinion.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:55am On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Second time that I've been banned now. The twát grin
You are coming of age.

So cute
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 1:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
You are coming of age.

So cute

Gradually tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 1:58am On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Gradually tongue
yeah
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 09, 2012
Me, I'll always say it as it is, Vivian is suffering from mental slavery. KAI, I don't even know if it's lack of exposure or the normal trait of those suffering from such. *Shudders at what will be instilled in her kids*

Daughter: Mummy my husband hit me

Vivian: What did u do?

Daughter: we were arguing and I told him he's a coward and not man enough (which is d biggest insult I could think of [#Sholly tlking])

Vivian: Sorry but now u know not to insult ur husband again. He has a right to slap u when u insult me. Suck it up and go apologize for insulting him.

Daughter: Okay mum.

Next scene:

Husband: Junior where is ur mother?

Junior: Upstairs *Races upstairs, fuming*

Husband: Who owns that car parked outside?? I said who owns that car outside??

Daughter: It's me. It's Uncle Debo that.......

Husband: How many times hv I told u not to collect gift from that ur uncle again. How many times??

*Goes on to unleash his fist on her*

Next scene:

Daughter: Mummy my husband beat me again..

Vivian: Again?? What did u do? angry

Daughter:He said I disobeyed him but he didn't even allow me to explain what happened.

Vivian: U mean u disobeyed ur husband?? Suck it up, and endure. He is ur head. A woman cannot rub shoulders with men. Do as he says and don't ever disobey him.

# And the domestic violence cycle continues grin angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 09, 2012
The day anyone puts his hands on me ke. . . . infact, na to just tell my over overly protective mother. grin

But I will deal with him by myself. In an Ekiti household, we don't take that crap.

@Sholly

Your story . . . how plausible is that scenario?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Son: Mummy, my wife left the house because I beat her.

Vivian: Why did u beat ur wife? angry

Son: She told me to go to the kitchen and cook that she's tired. And when I told her it's not a man's job to cook because that's what u taught me. She said my mother did not train me well and my mother and I can go to hell!

Vivian: What?? She said that?? That's very good that u beat her! All these young women of nowadays need to know that they can't be insulting their husbands anyhow. She deserved the beating. St*upid girl! I warned u about her, all those girls that grew up abroad have no home training.

Son: Mummy, I miss her and I feel bad for hitting her. I've been trying to apologize but she won't let me.

Vivian: My son, u have no reason to feel bad. She deserves it. Leave that rude girl, she needs to come crawling on her knees begging for forgiveness from you. That's no way to treat a man. She is trash and she needs to be thrown in the trash can!

SMH!! Conversation btw Vivian Chinaza and her son. Do u see how sick ur mentality is Vivian??

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by lolaluv1(f): 3:04am On Nov 09, 2012
But wait o, Vivian. On the other thread about 'worst things you've said to your partner', you said you told your man to go rot in hell.

Did he give you a stinging backhand that day?

Look, alot of women out there can never even say such a statement to their men, yet they end up being abused and beaten.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by obowunmi(m): 3:13am On Nov 09, 2012
Any human being that hits another human being needs to see a psychiatrist.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 09, 2012
NO.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 09, 2012
I don't know how I missed this thread.

@Topic, there is no way I can remain in an abusive relationship.

@vivian, I have read all your comments on this issue and I have to disagree with them.
It is true that there is a certain limit to what a man can take but hitting a woman cannot be justified no matter the scenario.
If a man slapped you because you did something wrong, you'd suck it up? Then prepare to be in a relationship of continuous battery and assault because as humans we cannot always be right. We are bound to make mistakes, so what you're trying to say in essence is that you justify a$$ whooping whenever a mistake is made...hmmm, I see.

At some point, you said

yes I deserve better, that's why I plan on giving him the best......cos when I give him my best he will be a better man to me.

I don't wanna experience the bad side so I won't stir it up.
You plan on giving him the best and when you misbehave and he abuses you, that is acceptable. That is naivety, Vivian. If a man ever lays a finger on you, run as fast as you can and do not look back. Giving him your best does not guarantee that he'll be a better man to you. You are not his servant, Vivian. You seem to have this notion that before a man can love and respect a woman, she has to totally servile to him. You will not end up with that caring, loving partner you want. You cannot wave a magic wand over him and transform him into this little package of kindness and love. Fulfilling his needs does not mean he'll love and care for you. Real men know and understand that there are other ways of correcting misunderstandings other than physical abuse. A real man is able to control his temper, he doesn't let his anger to completely consume him.

A relationship is meant to be mutual. Both parties have to feel the same way, love and respect each other and not a woman grovelling at a man's feet before he realizes how much she loves him.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 5:51am On Nov 09, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Mumu tongue
tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Joliecoco: 6:51am On Nov 09, 2012
Perfect ex is Rihanna and Chris Brown. I will not stay with any guy who put his hand on me. When I was In Africa , a lot of women husband use to beat them and they stayed. Their parents knew what was going on and did nothing to protect their daughters. It depends on the culture also.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by EzePromoe: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz: Me, I'll always say it as it is, Vivian is suffering from mental slavery. KAI, I don't even know if it's lack of exposure or the normal trait of those suffering from such. *Shudders at what will be instilled in her kids*

Daughter: Mummy my husband hit me

Vivian: What did u do?

Daughter: we were arguing and I told him he's a coward and not man enough (which is d biggest insult I could think of [#Sholly tlking])

Vivian: Sorry but now u know not to insult ur husband again. He has a right to slap u when u insult me. Suck it up and go apologize for insulting him.

Daughter: Okay mum.

Next scene:

Husband: Junior where is ur mother?

Junior: Upstairs *Races upstairs, fuming*

Husband: Who owns that car parked outside?? I said who owns that car outside??

Daughter: It's me. It's Uncle Debo that.......

Husband: How many times hv I told u not to collect gift from that ur uncle again. How many times??

*Goes on to unleash his fist on her*

Next scene:

Daughter: Mummy my husband beat me again..

Vivian: Again?? What did u do? angry

Daughter:He said I disobeyed him but he didn't even allow me to explain what happened.

Vivian: U mean u disobeyed ur husband?? Suck it up, and endure. He is ur head. A woman cannot rub shoulders with men. Do as he says and don't ever disobey him.

# And the domestic violence cycle continues grin angry angry

Looking from a christian perspective, the attitude displayed on this play is just the right thing to do.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Menh.....I don't know why some women allow sentiments to cloud their sense of reasoning.

Where in my comment did I actually justify a man hitting his woman?
That I don't justify it doesn't mean I shouldn't tell the woman were she went wrong!

I once belonged to an NGO that fought against women battery....in as much as we blamed the men we also cautioned the women. There were seminars and conferences organised to deal this. Should a man beat his wife and vice versa? Hell no! Should a woman push her husband to the wall and vice versa? Hell no!
In our course of research we found out that some women actually push men to the wall. Its as if they beg and long for these men to beat them. Some women are crazy and they pull a lot of crap......for instance, when you are arguing with you husband and he says ok its enough but you wouldn't just stop, he keeps quiet and it angers you the more, he wants to leave and you block his way......you won't listen until the man does something terrible and then you finally shut up and listen........now my question is what do you stand to gain? Why wait till the man does something terrible before you come back to your senses? Is prevention no longer better than cure? Yes, we are weaker vessels and the law protects us.....should we then throw caution to the wind? Everyone should take responsibilities for their actions and that's what some women fail to do?
Anger is a terrible thing, and we all try to control it and our spouses should make it easier for us.

@itsmodella; my dear your attitude either brings out the best or the worst from people around you. You deserve better and so its ur husband.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 8:22am On Nov 09, 2012
I'm protected all round from women battery. The law protects me, I have got parents who will kill for me, I have brothers who will bury a man alive if he dares it...........but that doesn't mean I should go about being silly.

I'm not troublesome, I try as much as possible to avoid troubles but that doesn't mean I'm scared.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet Cynthia, The Olosho Girl That Slept With Me 3 Nights For Just #3knaira / Latest legs in town ( photos ) / The Best Way To Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.