Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,076 members, 7,867,086 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 18 pages)

Celebrities / Cee-c And Her Hips Make A Statement Online by 10Ebisco: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2018
BBNaija housemate Cee-C is a stunner.

The beautiful housemate has shared a stunning new image of herself rocking a =figure hugging orange dress that clung to her body revealing her curvy figure.

Nice!

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/cee-c-and-her-hips-make-statement-online.html

Celebrities / Speeddarlington Vows To Kill ‘hater’ Who Keyed His Benz by 10Ebisco: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Viral Instagram sensation and musician,Speed Darlington is pissed after his Mercedes Benz was intentionally keyed by a mystery person.

Speedy who lives in New York vowed to kill anyone he catches vandalizing his car.

Watch below

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/speeddarlington-vows-to-kill-hater-who.html

Politics / Return Soldiers To Barracks, Send SARS To Fight Boko Haram – Group Tells Buhari by 10Ebisco: 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
A pressure group, “Every Nigerian Do Something Positive Development Initiative” has urged the President Muhammadu Buhari Government to redeploy the Police to curb terror attacks by Boko Haram and herdsmen in the country.

NAN reports that the group made the call during a peaceful protest it held at the entrance to the National Assembly on Tuesday in Abuja.

Specifically, it called for the deployment of State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) personnel and those currently assigned as bodyguards to wealthy people, to secure the lives and property of the masses.

The Leader, Dr Perry Brimah, a popular social commentator, also called for the return of military to the barracks, saying they had no constitutional role replacing the police because the latter were currently engaged in bodyguard duties.

He urged for immediate decentralisation amendments to create state police and restore regionalism.

No official of the national assembly was around to address the protesters as the lawmakers were currently on a three-week recess.

However, policemen were around, monitoring the protest.

Leader of the police team, who declined identity, the police were ensuring that the protesters maintained peace.

He told NAN that the group was not violent and had been told that lawmakers were on break.

The protesters carried placards with inscriptions as “Justice is on its head”, “Justice for 33 victims of Offa robbery” and “Stop looting by Police.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/return-soldiers-to-barracks-send-sars.html

Politics / Nigerian Firefighter Electrocuted To Death While Charging Her Phone by 10Ebisco: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2018
A pretty Nigerian fire fighter,Imaobong Ekanem died after she was electrocuted when electricity was restored while charging her phone placed on her body. Her friend who shared the heartbreaking news on Facebook wrote

She was charging her phone and drop it on her body and slept off and NEPA took light and brought it back while she was sleeping and it shocked her to death

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/nigerian-firefighter-electrocuted-to.html

Celebrities / Modupe Ozolua Reveals She Paid To Let The Nigerians Know She Had Breast Surgery by 10Ebisco: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2018
Princess Module Ozolua in an interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu of #Rubbingminds yesterday, opened up on her breasts augmentation several years back.

According to Modupe, she regrets ever letting everyone know she did the surgery due to the level of ignorance Nigerians had about cosmetic surgery at the time.

”Initially I wasn’t opened to telling anybody because it is a personal choice and it is nobody’s business. The level of ignorance was very disturbing. People aid if you did your stomach or nose and you are on the plane, you would die. I was like are these people really serious? That was what prompted me to pay to be on the cover of Ovation magazine where I finally said what I had done. That was the first time I said it. Many times now, I look back and wished I never did because prior to that, I was being celebrated as the young genius. The minute I said I had done augmentation, I was now the boobs lady” she said

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/modupe-ozolua-reveals-she-paid-to-let.html

Culture / Olubadan Stops Chiefs’ Masqurade Dance by 10Ebisco: 6:36am On Jun 19, 2018
The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso I, has ordered that there will no longer be masquerade dance for any Ibadan high chief this year.

The annual festival in the ancient city begins today in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital,The Nation reports.

Since the time of the late Oba Gbadamosi Adebimpe in 1976, masquerades used to pay homage to selected high chiefs in their family compounds with the permission of the Olubadan.

Although no reason was given for the last minute suspension of masquerade dance for the high chiefs, it was learnt that the decision of the frontline monarch might not be unconnected with security matters arising from the controversial chieftaincy review that confers kingship without domain on high chiefs.

Rising from a two-hour security meeting with stakeholders at his Popoyemoja place at the weekend, Oba Adetunji said the decision was in the overall public interest.

A statement by the Personal Assistant/Director of Media and Public Affairs to the monarch, Mr Adeola Oloko, said: “As the chief custodian of our culture and tradition, I also owe it a duty to work in tandem with the law enforcement agents not to turn the celebration of our custom and tradition into a theatre of war.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/olubadan-stops-chiefs-masqurade-dance.html

Celebrities / Mum Left Devastated After No One Shows Up To Her Gender Reveal Party by 10Ebisco: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
A woman has described how she was left devastated and in floods of tears when none of her friends turned up to her gender reveal party.

The 20-year-old woman, who is 17 weeks pregnant, had planned an afternoon with a buffet and decorations, inviting 11 people to the party.

But she was left heartbroken hours after it was set to start as she was left still waiting for people turn up.

Writing on the parenting website NetMums, she said:

‘So I’m 20 and I’m 17 weeks, I hosted a gender reveal at the weekend and was expecting around 11 guests (after cancellations), it was only at my house and I invited people that I feel genuinely close to.

‘It got to the starting time (3pm) and my friend who helped me prep and clean my house were eagerly waiting for people to show, at 3.30 my other friend who already knows the gender (so both of them knew already) arrived as her bus was late.

Time kept ticking so I texted my close friend asking when she was due, no reply.

‘It got to four and no one had arrived still. I spent the last of my money for the month on arranging this party, getting decorations and food and put on a full on mini buffet, and not one of the 10 people told me until 3/4/5pm that they couldn’t make it.

‘Two of my ‘friends’ showed up at 5 after I’d spent an hour crying, and then messaged me complaining I never said thank you for the cake they’d made (I said plenty of other nice things about it just forgot to say thank you as I was distressed).

It ended up being a gathering where all of the people except me were drinking and we watched tv.

‘The girl who didn’t text me back until 4 saying “I can come now” by which point I was so upset I told her not to bother (this person has no job, and she’s pregnant herself so surely she would understand how important this is to me?) even started arguing with me for being upset saying “I offered to come so don’t paint me with the same brush” and that I shouldn’t expect people to ‘turn up on the dot’.

I don’t have any family support and I was relying on my friends and felt completely heartbroken.

‘Am I wrong to be so bothered by it? I genuinely want to cut everyone who didn’t bother off even if they’e messaged me since, I feel like if they can’t put aside two hours of time to celebrate my baby why should they have the liberty of calling themselves ‘auntie’ or ‘uncle’ despite clearly no support from them.

‘I’m still shook over it, my support network is literally at 3 people! I feel so isolated as I’m going to be a single mum and I have no one.”

Other mums on the site were very supportive and shared their outrage at her mates.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/mum-left-devastated-after-no-one-shows.html

Celebrities / Osas Ighodaro’s Stunning Look To Ocean 8 Lagos Premiere by 10Ebisco: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2018
Nollywood actress,Osas Ighodaro wowed in a black thigh- high slit dress adorned with peacock feathers for Oceans 8 movie premiere in Lagos today.

The star’s look was in line with the Met gala theme.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/osas-ighodaros-stunning-look-to-ocean-8.html

1 Like

Celebrities / Basketmouth Celebrates His Wife On Father’s Day by 10Ebisco: 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ace comedian,Basketmouth took to Instagram to celebrate his wife,Elsie,despite today being Father’s Day. He wrote

I’m celebrating all mothers today, without you, we won’t have a father’s Day.
@elsieokpocha you created an enabling environment for me to be GREAT dad and for that I thank you. Happy Parents day.
Thanks for making me a great father.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/basketmouth-celebrates-his-wife-on.html

Politics / Buhari Has Signed To Leave Office – Rev. Chukwuma by 10Ebisco: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2018
The Anglican Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province and Bishop of Enugu Diocese, His Grace, Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has signed the verdict of exit from office in 2019.

He said Buhari did this when he signed the Not-Too-Young-To-Run bill in May.

In an interview with the Sun, the Bishop also disclosed that he is leading a protest to shut down Abuja for two days over the security situation in the country.

According to him, “The president has signed a verdict of exit from power. His signing of the bill is a verdict of exit for him, but he doesn’t know. The law should serve as a signal to him that it’s time for youths to take over.

“Thirty-five years ago, he made a statement that youths are the leaders of tomorrow. But 35 years after, he is still there. So, when will the youths be leaders of tomorrow? The youths are eager to lead so they should be empowered and given the opportunity now to also do their best to make Nigeria what it should be.

“We are tired of these old people; most of these people who are in government now, including the Senate are over 70 or almost 70. Most of them had been in government before and are expired.

“As far as I am concerned, they should go and rest and allow younger Nigerians to take charge in this digital era. We need new people with new spirit to lead a new Nigeria. Nigeria deserves a new spirit now and I am happy some young people are coming up.

“Nigerians should begin to take the opportunity of the signing of the bill to exit these elderly people out of power; they can remain as consultants and advisers. I think that if he (Buhari) loves himself, he should not yield to the voice of the cabal that is asking him to continue because they are benefiting from him.

“God has given him the grace to have better health now; he should go back to his village and enjoy what God has given to him because nobody knows tomorrow. There are complaints and conspiracies all over the place to make sure he does not continue.”

On security challenges in Nigeria, the cleric called for the removal of Service Chiefs.

“These people have outlived their security intelligence acumen because right now, I can’t see any performance from them. They are just there acquiring money; I must tell you that the Service Chiefs are just acquiring money”, Chukwuma added.

“The thing is that there is selective negligence and there is nothing they are doing at all. I am going to call out all church leaders and Christians for a two-day protest that will shut down the country. Markets will be shut and there will be no work.

“Christians will sit down in their homes to pray and cry unto God to fight our battle. We are going to make sure that we close down everything in this nation for one or two days before the end of the year. We cannot continue to witness these kinds of kidnappings and killings of men of God. Whatever affects any church affects all of us.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/buhari-has-signed-to-leave-office-rev.html

Crime / Why I Killed My Naval Officer Boss, Girlfriend – Houseboy by 10Ebisco: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2018
The houseboy of a naval officer, Lieutenant Abubakar Yusuf, has owned up to killing his 35-year-old boss and his girlfriend, Lorraine Onye, blaming the crime on frustration.

After strangling Onye, a 300 level student, the suspect, Raphael Jaja, stabbed Yusuf to death, packed his corpse in a bag and took it to a bush where he set it ablaze.

The native of the Opobo-Nkoro Local Government Area, Rivers State, said he decided to end the lovers’ lives cruelly because his boss allegedly refused to pay his 15 months’ salary, but could afford to buy an expensive phone for the girlfriend and pay N300,000 rent for her.

He said the naval officer had promised to help him save the salary – N15,000 per month – and pay him at once so he could use the money to plan his wedding. He said he felt bad when Yusuf reneged on the promise.

Reports had it that the naval officer killed his lover and took to his heels until recently when a discreet investigation conducted on the incident by DCP Abba Kyari-led Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team unravelled the mystery behind the crime.

Saturday PUNCH learnt the investigation followed a report made by the father of the late naval officer to the police.

The detectives got a lead after tracing Yusuf’s mobile phone to Jaja’s friend in Port Harcourt. The friend, who bought the phone from Jaja, led the operatives to arrest the killer houseboy on Monday, June 4, 2018.

A police officer told our correspondent that Jaja confessed to the crime and led investigators to recover the carcass of the naval officer in the bush as well as the deceased’s Hyundai Veloster which he sold for N1.9m.

“We also recovered the naval officer’s phone which he exchanged with the friend in addition to N30,000,” the officer added.

While giving a shocking revelation about the crime in an interview with our correspondent on Wednesday, 28-year-old Jaja narrated how he struck a relationship with his late boss and lived with him in his one bedroomed apartment.

He said “I am a technician. I have worked at Abuja International Airport. I returned to Port Harcourt in 2016 because my brother was ill. In July 2016, somebody introduced me to Lt. Yusuf that he wanted to install a DSTV. He was serving at the Navy Primary School in Port Harcourt. After I installed the DSTV, he told me to fix some wires. He was happy with the job I did.

“I told him I wanted to go back to Abuja, but he persuaded me to stay back and work for him. He gave me the spare key to his apartment and I started living with him. He promised to pay me N15,000 monthly and that he would pay all my money before my marriage slated for December 2017. He met his girlfriend sometime in 2017. Whenever she passed the night at the apartment, the lieutenant would ask me to sleep in a store in the compound.”

Jaja explained that he helped the late officer to execute two contracts worth N22.8m in September 2017 and he promised to give him a share of N2.5m. He said for ethical reasons, Yusuf did not use his name to secure the contracts, which involved supply of computers to technical schools.

“While I was preparing for my wedding, I asked him to give me N400,000; he said he had no money. I eventually borrowed N320,000 to do the wedding. In January 2018, I went back to him to ask for my money. He said he did not have money and that I was disturbing him. I stopped going to the barracks. In March 2018, he called me several times, but I did not pick his calls. When I later picked, he said he had a job for me. On getting to his office, he said he had given it to somebody else because I didn’t come on time. He laughed at me.

“I went to the barracks to help one of his colleagues fix a DSTV. On my way back home, Lieutenant Yusuf called me to help him take his decoder to the DSTV office for a reset. He gave me N1,000 transport fare. When I came back, he asked me to service his generator. When I finished, he gave me N1,000. I told him the money was small and that he was being unfair to me. I asked him to give me some money so that I could establish my own business to take care of my family. He said he did not send me to go and marry.

“The following day, he called me that the generator was not working again. He told me to buy N1,000 oil on my way to the barracks. After I fixed the generator, I asked him for payment, but he said he had given me N1,000 the previous day. I told him I collected the N1,000 because he was my boss.

“I asked for the money he was owing me again; he said he had no money and that I was disturbing him. He said he was also planning his wedding,” Jaja added.

He told Saturday PUNCH that he began to plan Yusuf’s murder in April 2018 when the naval officer returned from Abuja with a new Hyundai Veloster. Jaja stated that he met with the deceased on April 30 and demanded to know why he refused to pay him.

Ajaja explained, “He said he did not send me to marry and that I should carry my cross. I went back to him the next day for the money. He asked me to help him prepare noodles. There was a drug, Tanlin, in my pocket. I bought it because of a dog that my neighbour, who just packed out, left behind. The dog was disturbing me and I wanted to give it the drug so that it would sleep off. I put a little of the drug in the noodles. I discovered the drug did not have any effect on him.

“On May 3, I went back to his house. I met only his girlfriend at home. We did not like each other, but I decided to be friendly with her that day. I asked her to tell me about her relationship with my boss. She was initially reluctant until I assured her I meant no harm. She told me that she and my boss were supposed to travel to Canada in 2017, but they couldn’t make it. She said he bought a phone for her and gave her N300,000 to rent a house.

“I was annoyed as she was saying all these. I asked her if she knew my boss’ phone password; she said she did not know it. I persuaded her to tell me his ATM card password and she did. I pretended that I admired her hair style and told her to turn her back. The moment she did so, I held her neck and strangled her. She was foaming. She died afterwards. I hid her corpse somewhere in the room and covered it with clothes.”

The self-confessed murderer said his boss did not suspect something was amiss when he returned from work in the evening, adding that the officer retired to bed afterwards. He said he unleashed terror on the boss around 4am while he was still asleep in the bedroom, stabbing him to death with a knife.

“I packed his corpse in a bag and kept it in the boot of his car parked on the premises. I cleaned the bloodstains on the floor, wore his uniform and drove the car out of the barracks. I drove the car to a village called Apani and dropped his body in a bush. I looked for a tyre and set his corpse ablaze. I burnt it so that nobody would be able to trace him.

“Still in the uniform, I drove the car to Benin, Edo State, where I sold it to one Alhaji. He did not want to buy the vehicle because I could not give him the documents. I convinced him that I am a naval officer and that he has no reason to be afraid. He bought the car N1.9m, but he was to pay me a balance of N120,000 before I was arrested through a church member I exchanged my boss’ phone with in Port Harcourt,” he narrated.

The expectant father further revealed that prior to his arrest, he travelled to Lagos State to withdraw N250,000 in Yusuf’s bank account, adding that he sent a text message to Onye’s phone to implicate his boss and travelled back to Port Harcourt.

He said, “I withdrew the money in Lagos so that the police would focus on tracking the withdrawals to the state. There was a day my boss and Onye were arguing over their relationship. He told her that his father had already got him a woman he would marry. So, I exploited that argument to send a text message to her phone, stating that my boss killed her. I killed them out of anger. It was not intentional. All I want is forgiveness.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-i-killed-my-naval-officer-boss.html

Sports / INCREDIBLE Ronaldo Scores Hat-trick, Portugal Draw 3 – 3 Against Spain by 10Ebisco: 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo’s stunning hat-trick earned Portugal a dramatic 3-3 draw in their Group B opener against Iberian neighbours Spain.

Spain led with three minutes to go after Nacho Fernandez hit a wonderful 25-yard drive but Ronaldo was determined to steal the headlines for himself.

And he ended the day with a World Cup match-ball after hitting an outrageous late free-kick to ensure the spoils were shared in this blockbuster clash in Sochi.

Captain Ronaldo had given Portugal a fourth-minute lead from the penalty spot after he was fouled by Madrid team-mate Nacho, restoring the lead thanks to David de Gea’s horrible mistake.

Diego Costa replied twice to get the 2010 champions level, with Nacho’s beautiful goal having seemingly settled a high-class encounter at the Fisht Stadium.

Ronaldo, though, had other ideas and stepped up to beat De Gea again with a perfect 20-yard free-kick, almost snatching all three points with a stoppage-time header.

Watch The Highlights Below:

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/incredible-ronaldo-scores-hat-trick.html

Politics / Kano Lawmaker, Kwankwaso’s Loyalists Trade Words Over ‘ Looming Violence’ by 10Ebisco: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2018
A member of the Kano State House of Assembly representing Kano Municipal local government area, Alhaji Baffa Babba Dan Agundi, on Thursday alleged that loyalists of former Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso were planning to cause public disturbance during Sallah.

Dan Agundi alleged that former Secretary to Kano Government, Dr Rabi’u Suleiman Bichi, former Private Principal Secretary to Senator Kwankwaso, Dr Yunusa Adamu Dangwani and former Commissioner of state Affairs, Aminu Abdulsalam were hatching new plans to organise an “illegal gathering”.

The lawmaker said that during the last year’s Sallah Hawan Daushe Durbar, Kwankwaso’s supporters from Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi and Katsina state converged at Emir’s palace and disrupted public peace.

“In view of the information available to me and as a member representing Kano municipal, where the Sallah festivity is taking place annually, I find it appropriate to draw your attention.

“That if anything that might disrupt the peaceful atmosphere in my local government and the state at large as a result of the activities of Kwankwasiyya people occur, the above identified persons should be held responsible”, Daily Trust quoted him as saying.

Reacting, Comrade Aminu Abdulsalam, a former commissioner under Kwankwaso administration, insisted that members of Kwankwasiyya were peaceful.

He said: “In the history of Kwankwasiyya, we have never been involved in any violence. Despite the provocation of last year’s incidence, we were able to calm our people.

“We rather resorted to follow the legal ways to seek readdress. We wrote to the Inspector General of Police and Police Service Commission but to our dismay up till this moment we have not heard from the two offices.

“To put the record straight, Kwankwasiyya has been a peaceful movement in Kano and beyond. We have never participated in any form of violence.

“We have served as members of Kano state executive council for several years, therefore, we are responsible enough to know the importance of peace. We are in politics to promote peace.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/kano-lawmaker-kwankwasos-loyalists.html

Politics / Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by 10Ebisco: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
A Kaduna-based Islamic scholar, Ahmad Gumi has made it clear that he does not take side with any politician or political party in Nigeria.

He stated this during the closing of Ramadan lecture for 2018, at Shaikh Sanusi Khalil Mosque at Rigachikun, Kaduna on Thursday.

On Buhari’s government, Gumi said: “Buhari is full of mistakes. Full of mistakes! He is a human being like anybody. And I swear to God that there are many people here in the North that can perform better than him.”

The cleric was reacting to claims that he was critical of the All Progressives Congress (APC), because he has friends in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The rumour emerged because of a picture of Gumi with two PDP leaders, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Kaduna State governor, Ramalan Yero, which he claimed was taken at a public event long ago.

“There was a picture that was snapped at a mosque in Rigachikun. When I was invited to attend a wedding fatiha, on arrival I met him (Mr Yero) and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, at the mosque.

“Then he (Atiku) was still in APC as a member and contested against President Buhari at the primaries, while Yero was then in PDP as a governor in the state.

“I was asked to sit in their middle so I did. Now the picture is in circulation that I am a PDP member, that PDP paid me to work for them,” he said.

Gumi recalled also criticising the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan and asking the president to resign or be impeached.

“Nigeria’s newspaper carried a headline in 2012, when I said Jonathan has failed Nigerians and should resign. So I also find it a duty upon me to tell this government the truth, that it is full of mistakes, or else I become a hypocrite.

“Why I blamed Jonathan was because of blood in his hands because Boko Haram were putting bombs everywhere and the government was not doing enough.

“Anybody killed under your regime, you are responsible for that blood. If you have done your best, I can say yes, Allah can forgive you. But if you are relaxed, no; Allah will not forgive you. So it is the same thing now.

“The bloodshed now is more than during Jonathan’s regime. So now you judge yourselves to be fair. Our religion is a religion of fairness.

“Now more blood is shed from negligence, from sleeping, from laziness, from I-dont-care.

“If I am true to myself, as I called for the resignation of Jonathan, I should call for the resignation of President Buhari, and with immediate effect! And government paper should carry it also, if there is truth,” he stressed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/sheik-gumi-opens-up-on-buharis-mistakes.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_CPUd3UJc

15 Likes

Politics / 2019: Ex-oyo Head Of Service, Soji Eniade Joins Governorship Race by 10Ebisco: 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
The immediate past Head of Service (HOS), in Oyo State, Mr. Soji Eniade on Wednesday formally joined the 2019 governorship race.

He is seeking the ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Eniade made his intention known when he visited the State Secretariat of the party located at Oke-Ado, Ibadan, the state capital.

He stressed the need for people of the state to elect a result-oriented politician as the next governor of the state.

He noted that the next governor of the state should be someone who is ready to consolidate on the achievements of incumbent Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.

Eniade, who was accompanied to the Oyo APC secretariat by hundreds of his supporters, maintained that one of the key drivers of socioeconomic development of any society was policy consistency.

He said “Fellow pace setters, what we have to do to get to the desired destination is to keep moving forward. Unarguably, considering the substantial level of socioeconomic progress we have experienced in our state in the last seven to eight years under the able leadership of Governor Ajimobi, every well meaning citizen of Oyo state will agree with me that there is no other direction to go than forward.

“This is why the major thrust and driving purpose behind by gubernatorial ambition is to ensure that our state keeps moving forward. As such, I believe strongly that to move our state forward, we have to adopt a SWIFT approach. This coined acronyms will serve as the guiding components to drive our state forward.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/2019-ex-oyo-head-of-service-soji-eniade.html

Celebrities / “nobody Can Be You Better Than You”- Bbnaija’s Alex Says As She Dazzles In New P by 10Ebisco: 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
Former big brother naija housemate, Asogwa Alexandra Amuche Sandra who is currently in Port-harcourt, Rivers State has just shared some lovely new photos of herself on social media.

Alex who arrived the garden city and participated in the peace walk across the city with fellow housemates, Ifu Ennanda and Rico Swavey looked really classy as she rocked a white jumpsuit for this particular photoshoot.

Alex who looks set for her hosting gig in port-harcourt shared the photo on her Instagram page and simple wrote;

“Nobody can be you better than you”

See more photos of the reality star below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/nobody-can-be-you-better-than-you.html

Politics / Judge Pauses Judgement To Allow Joshua Dariye Use Bathroom by 10Ebisco: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Justice Adebukola Banjoko of an FCT High Court on Wednesday morning paused the delivery of judgement in the fraud case against former governor of Plateau State, Senator Joshua Dariye.

Dariye signalled to a court official around 10:30am and whispered something to him.

The official subsequently informed the judge that Dariye had requested for a short break to be able to use the restroom.

At exactly 10:35am, the judge, who was still addressing the preliminary issues raised in the written address by the defence, saying the court would rise for few minutes to allow Dariye “use the bathroom”.

Meanwhile, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday presented its first witness in the ongoing trial of Dariye’s son, Nanle, who is standing trial on a 6-count charge of money laundering to the tune of N1.5billion before Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/judge-pauses-judgement-to-allow-joshua.html

Politics / Late MKO Abiola’s Daughter Blasts Obasanjo For Not Honoring Her Father by 10Ebisco: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
A daughter of the late MKO Abiola, Tundun, on Sunday said it was not by election that former president Olusegun Obasanjo got into office in 1999.

She believes that Obasanjo was handpicked by the then military regime, to compensate the people of the South-West region for the death of her father, the presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election.

“Obasanjo was appointed the president, he was not elected president. We did not have any election in 1999, we had a coronation,” Tundun stated during an interview on Rubbin Minds on Channels Television.

She made the comments in reaction to the declaration of June 12 as the new Democracy Day and the posthumous award of GCFR conferred Abiola by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Tundun also criticised Obasanjo for failing to recognise her late father for his contributions to the nation’s development.

“When you know you were not elected, you know you were selected and just appointed president by the military, it is galling for him to have acknowledged a democratic process.

“President Obasanjo and my father had a relationship then; so what happened in their lifetime continued even after my father was dead. He cannot bear the idea of Moshood Abiola – so he did not do it,” she claimed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/late-mko-abiolas-daughter-blasts.html

Politics / See Photos: President Buhari Arrives Morocco by 10Ebisco: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari arrived Morocco on Sunday, on a two-day working visit to the country.

According to a statement on Saturday by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, the visit, which is at the invitation of His Royal Majesty, King Mohammed VI, will see the two leaders discuss socio-economic matters affecting their countries.

It follows prior engagements in December 2016, during the official visit of His Majesty to Nigeria.

In Rabat, discussions will focus on strengthening existing agreements on the fertilizer industry, education cooperation, the Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline project and establishing a basic chemical platform to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and support Morocco’s diammonium phosphate industry.

“It is noteworthy that following the signing of a collaboration agreement between Nigeria and Morocco in December 2016 to revive the abandoned Nigerian fertilizer blending plants, 14 plants have been revitalized so far under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI); with a total capacity of 2.3 million MT of NPK fertilizers.

“The President will be accompanied on the trip by Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, Governor Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State and other senior government officials,” the statement read in part.

The President also shared via his Twitter page, upon arrival the below:

I arrived the Kingdom of Morocco earlier today, on a 2-day Official Visit at the invitation of His Majesty King Mohammed VI. Nigeria’s relationship with Morocco is a very important and mutually beneficial one, and we will continue to work to deepen it and expand our cooperation.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/see-photos-president-buhari-arrives.html

Politics / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award by 10Ebisco: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
Shehu Sani, the senator representing Kaduna-central, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari over some names that made it to the list of persons invited by the president to late MKO Abiola’s GCFR inauguration.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha on Friday released the list of guests which had Members of the National Executive Committee of the SDP including States Chairmen and Secretaries at the time of June 12, 1993 and Governors elected under SDP platform.

Reacting, Sani noted that most of the invitees betrayed MKO Abiola during June 12 struggle.

He also criticised the timing of the award, insisting that it gives room for concerns and suspicion of a political undertone.

“The recognition accorded to Chief MKO Abiola and the June 12 struggle by the PMB administration is commendable. It’s long overdue. PMB has done what many of his predecessors failed to do,” Sani said.

“However, the timing of the recognition in an election year raised issues that the recognition was not without motive. It is a Golden box of honour containing a note of electoral expectation from the South west.

“Honoring June 12 is appreciated but exploiting Abiola’s name for 2019 election will splash oil on the pearl.

“Some of those invited and honored by the villa in the name Abiola or June 12 were people who betrayed Abiola and abandoned the struggle even when chief MKO was alive, others even disowned, condemned and denied him in his hours of need. There are judases of June 12 now honoured in the name of Abiola.

“The greatest honour the government can do to the spirit of June 12 is to habitually respect the rights of Nigerians to differ and to dissent without persecution, obey court orders and prosecute the war against corruption without discrimination.

“Honoring democracy heroes will make no meaning if we don’t live up to the principles and noble ideals they were identified with and upon which they lived and sacrificed their lives for.

“Honoring Chief MKO Abiola and the June 12 struggle shouldn’t be the only reason the south west or any other part of Nigeria should re elect the Present Government; the government must strive hard to end the mindless bloodshed and violence in the country and must respect the rule of law and rid itself of budding autocratic tendencies.

“There is the need for the National Democratic Coallition, NADECO, to reconvene immediately to guide the President and the Parliament on how best to honour the June 12 struggle, to avoid the coronation of traitors along with heroes.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/shehu-sani-condemns-list-of-invitees.html

61 Likes 7 Shares

Politics / President Buhari Leaves Nigeria To.... by 10Ebisco: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari is scheduled to fly out Nigeria today on a two-day working visit to the Kingdom of Morocco.

According to a statement by his media aide, Garba Shehu, the visit, which is at the invitation of His Royal Majesty, King Mohammed VI, will see the two leaders discuss socio-economic matters affecting their countries.

It follows prior engagements in December 2016, during the official visit of His Majesty to Nigeria.

In Rabat, discussions will focus on strengthening existing agreements on the fertilizer industry, education cooperation, the Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline project and establishing a basic chemical platform to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and support Morocco’s diammonium phosphate industry.

“It is noteworthy that following the signing of a collaboration agreement between Nigeria and Morocco in December 2016 to revive the abandoned Nigerian fertilizer blending plants, 14 plants have been revitalized so far under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI); with a total capacity of 2.3 million MT of NPK fertilizers.

“The President will be accompanied on the trip by Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, Governor Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State and other senior government officials,” the statement read in part.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/president-buhari-leaves-nigeria-to.html

Politics / APC Yet To Receive Court Injunctions Regarding Congresses In Imo – Spokesman by 10Ebisco: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
The All Progressives Congress, APC, said on Friday that it was yet to receive any court injunctions regarding the Congresses in Imo.

Bolaji Abdullahi, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, disclosed this in a statement issued to journalists in Abuja

He said: “The APC wishes to state that these allegations are spurious as the Party did not at any time receive any court injunctions regarding the Congresses in Imo.

“Therefore, we urge the Imo State Governor to desist from making these kinds of allegations that have no basis in facts.

“In conducting the Congresses across the country, in considering the outcomes of each one of them and in swearing in the respective State Chairmen, the National Working Committee (NWC) had strictly followed the guiding rules and the Constitution of the Party.

“There is always room for redress where justified, hence, we encourage the Imo State Governor to explore internal dispute resolution mechanisms spelt out by our Constitution to address his perceived grievances.

“While we urge compromise among Party stakeholders, the Party has already mandated the Deputy National Chairman (North), Sen. Lawali Shuaibu to head our reconciliation efforts following issues that arose from recently conducted ward, local government and state Congresses.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/apc-yet-to-receive-court-injunctions.html

Politics / Abiola, Fawehinmi Families Accept National Honour, Thank Buhari by 10Ebisco: 6:12am On Jun 08, 2018
Senate seeks release of June 12 election results, payment of entitlements to MKO, Kingibe
House debates legality of making June 12 Democracy Day, Falana faults Belgore
President orders AGF to gazette decisions

Omololu Ogunmade, Deji Elumoye, James Emejo in Abuja, Tobi Soniyi and Chiemelie Ezeobi in Lagos

The families of the late Chief MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) have decided to accept the posthumous national honours to be conferred on them by President Muhammadu Buhari on June 12, the new date set aside for the celebration of Democracy Day in the country.

In honour of the late Abiola, the presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Buhari on Wednesday had declared that the nation’s Democracy Day would henceforth hold on June 12 of every year as against the current arrangement where the day is celebrated on May 29.

The president, in addition, conferred the national honour, Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR), the highest national award exclusively reserved for presidents and heads of states in the country, on Abiola.

He also said that the late Chief Fawehinmi, renowned lawyer and human rights crusader, who was at the forefront of the battle for the actualisation of the June 12 mandate, would be conferred with the second highest honour of Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) posthumously.

Abiola’s running mate in the election, Baba Gana Kingibe, would also be conferred with GCON on June 12, said the president.

In announcing June 12 as the new Democracy Day, Buhari said he reached the decision after due consultations.

The June 12, 1993 presidential election was cancelled by the military regime of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida on June 23, 1993, for no tangible reason, forcing Abiola to fight for the actualisation of his mandate.

However, Babangida’s successor, the late Gen. Sani Abacha, detained Abiola until his (Abacha) death on June 8, 1998.

Abiola died under suspicious circumstances while in custody on July 7, 1998, just as negotiations were ongoing between leaders of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) and the successive military regime led by Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar for his release.

According to Buhari, June 12 was the day Nigerians freely exercised their democratic rights and voted for Abiola.

Expressing their gratitude to the president for immortalising Abiola, the family said Thursday that the posthumous conferment of GCFR on him (Abiola) was the only befitting recognition for his fight for democracy in Nigeria.

In a letter to Buhari written by the scion of the Abiola family, Kola Abiola, he expressed the family’s appreciation to the president.

The letter, which was made available to THISDAY by Kola, said: “On behalf of the wives, children and grandchildren of late Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, I am writing to formally express our sincere appreciation ‎to you for conferring him with the National Honour of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) and designating June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria going forward.

“Your Excellency, as I wrote in my letter to you on June 12, 2016, in our minds, the award was the only befitting recognition of the importance of Chief Abiola’s fight for democracy for Nigeria which culminated in four years ‎in incarceration/solitary confinement and decimation of his business and financial interests, before the ultimate sacrifice, being his life on July 7, 1998 at the age of 60.

“Your Excellency, your decision to also designate June 12 as Democracy Day rights the wrong done to all the nation-builders and heroes that produced the democratic credentials on which the Nigerian polity now thrives.

“We are profoundly grateful to the people from ‎all corners of Nigeria that worked tirelessly to ensure the most free and fair elections in our nation’s history in 1993, fought valiantly for the Hope ‘93 mandate given to Bashorun Abiola by the Nigerian people and died trying to protect the mandate.

“Mr. President, I thank you earnestly for heeding our plea where others before you did not, whilst conveying the assurances of my highest esteem.”

Hafsat Waxes Lyrical

Similarly, Abiola’s daughter, Mrs. Hafsat Abiola-Costello, Thursday commended the federal government for the recognition accorded her father.

For Hafast, this honour came barely 24 hours after she was appointed executive president of Women in Africa (WIA) initiative, a network of women across Africa and the world with strong ties with companies and organisations, especially in Europe and dedicated to economic development.

While bashing former President Olusegun Obasanjo for practically ignoring the legacies of Abiola, she said: “The struggle to actualise the #June12 mandate was MKO’s opportunity to show how much he loved and believed in Nigerians and Nigeria. I am simply glad that his commitment held through all the difficulties. He has played his part. We must do no less.”

She also wrote a poem which she shared via Twitter to chronicle the journey she tagged: “Twenty-five Years after June 12: Our Long Wait for Justice is Ending.”

She wrote: “I had expected that the handover from military rule to democracy would be held on the 12th of June. That would have signalled the completion of a circle that began with a dream deferred. That became one fulfilled but I waited in vain.

“The handover was set for May 29, a date pulled out of thin air, signifying nothing. Then I thought that the chief beneficiary would ask the country to observe a minute of silence in memory of MKO, Kudirat, Alfred Rewane, Umaru Yar’Adua, Bagauda Kaltho, the thousands of students, the tens of journalists, traders and politicians who lost their lives fighting to actualise an unjustly annulled election.

“Again, I waited in vain for he started his inauguration speech and nothing was said.

“The first four years passed and it became clear that the goal was to erase the name of the man whose sacrifice paved the way for our democracy. Those four years set the tone.

“And I got tired of waiting, as it slowly became clear that to wait was to wait in vain.

“I stopped expecting my country to do the right thing by my father and instead began to understand why Nigeria struggles to find patriots among its leaders.

“Until when President Muhammadu Buhari gave an executive order to declare that June 12 was Nigeria’s Democracy Day; to confer on MKO the title of GCFR, an honour reserved for presidents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“To confer on Gani Fawehinmi, the dogged fighter for justice, and my father’s running mate, Babagana Kingibe, the title of GCON, the second highest in the land.

“And in one day, demonstrated to my bruised heart that integrity, fairness, honour were alive and well in a country for which both my parents had sacrificed their lives.

“There are no words that can capture the depth of my gratitude nor the breadth of my joy. I thank God that I am alive to witness this day.

“May we live to witness many more days when justice triumphs over injustice, when sacrifice and service win over arrogance and fraud, and when the blood of our heroes reach from across time to boldly claim the reward that their actions wrought.

“May the sacrifices of our past heroes and heroines never be in vain.”

Fawehinmi Family Accepts Award

Just like the Abiolas, the family of late human rights activist, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Thursday thanked the federal government for its decision to give their patriarch a national award.

Fawehinmi, a fiery activist and an uncompromising believer in the rule of law and democratic governance, was arrested, incarcerated and charged to court several times by successive military regimes.

He died at the age of 71 on September 5, 2009 after a prolonged battle with lung cancer.

During his illness, he rejected the national honour, Order of the Federal Republic (OFR) – in protest of the many years of misrule since Nigeria’s independence.

However, Thursday, the first son of the late lawyer, Mr. Mohammed Fawehinmi, expressed the family’s gratitude in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

Mohammed said the family accepted the honour bestowed on his late father and thanked Buhari for the recognition.

“We thank the federal government for the honour, we appreciate it and we accept it.

“We also thank the government for recognising the June 12 struggle. We thank the president for the honour,” he said.

Mohammed added that his late father deserved the honour, having fought hard for justice and democracy while he was alive.

He dismissed the perception in some quarters that his father would have rejected the award if he was alive.

Mohammed said his father rejected the OFR national honour because it was undeserving.

“My father would not have rejected this award. He rejected the OFR award given to him because it was not deserving,” he said.

June 12 Election Results

Also joining the bandwagon on the recognition accorded Abiola and others, the Senate Thursday mandated the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to announce the final results of the June 12, 1993 presidential election so that it can be on record that MKO Abiola won the poll.

INEC is the successor agency of National Electoral Commission (NEC) which was chaired in 1993 by Professor Humphrey Nwosu and conducted the presidential election held on Saturday, June 12, 1993 between the Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate, Abiola, and that of National Republican Convention (NRC), Alhaji Ibrahim Tofa.

The election adjudged globally as a free and fair election was believed to have been won by Abiola.

In a four-point resolution reached after a lengthy debate of the president’s declaration making June 12 the new Democracy Day, the Senate said with the recognition of Abiola and Kingibe as former President and ex-Vice-President of Nigeria respectively, all their entitlements should be paid forthwith.

It also implored the federal government to not only recognise Kingibe as former vice-president but to declare June 12 a public holiday.

The Senate, however, stressed that May 29, 2019 remains the inauguration date of a new government in the country.

Senate President Bukola Saraki who read the resolutions of the Senate in his earlier contribution, said the recognition of the place of Abiola in the nation’s history by Buhari was long overdue.

According to him, the country has not given Abiola the recognition he rightly deserved in the last 25 years “but this should not douse our thoughts of the good intentions of the latest move of government”.

Senator Lanre Tejuosho (Ogun Central), who opened discussions on the June 12 issue, came under Order 43 to say that Buhari’s proclamation of June 12 as Democracy Day signalled the beginning of reconciliation between the government and the people and by extension between executive and the legislature.

Contributing, Senator Biodun Olujinmi (Ekiti South) while supporting the position of Tejuosho, however, suggested that INEC must be made to announce the June 12 election results and declare Abiola as winner.

She said once that is done “there should be reparation and what Abiola is entitled to as president should be given to his family while Kingibe should be recognised as former vice-president”.

On his part, Senate Leader Ahmad Lawan said Buhari meant well by his action on June 12, noting that date was significant in the history of the politics of Nigeria.

Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu also supported the declaration of the June 12, 1993 election result “so as to be on record that MKO Abiola won at the polls”.

He, however, advised government to address other injustices like environmental degradation and incessant killings across the country.

He quoted Section 135(2b) of the Constitution to justify the inauguration of a new government in the country, saying May 29 remains the inauguration date.

Also contributing, Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West) said Abiola deserved more honours but emphasised that “whatever government wants to do must be done in accordance with the law as Nigeria is governed by the Constitution and extant rules”.

On his part, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (Abia South) advised the Executive to forward an amendment to the National Honours Award List to the National Assembly “so as to quickly amend it to accommodate the likes of Abiola”.

He also proposed that December 31 should be recognised as “Democracy Destruction Day as that was the date in 1983 that Buhari toppled the democratic government of President Shehu Shagari”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/abiola-fawehinmi-families-accept.html

Politics / Ekiti Guber: All Corps Members Must Serve As Electoral Officers – INEC by 10Ebisco: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Against the backdrop of the suspicion by politicians in Ekiti State that the July 14 governorship election may not be credible, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has reassured Nigerians that no individual or group will be allowed to truncate the poll.

The electoral body said it was partnering with the European Centre For Electoral Support (ECES) for the training of staff who will be used for the election, so they can get acquainted with modern and digitalized electoral process through the Election Monitoring and Support Centre (EMSC) implementers’ workshop.

The electoral commission also disclosed that it is compulsory for the members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) serving in Ekiti state to serve as electoral officers in the election, describing the poll as a critical national assignment that was a statutory obligation of any corps member.

INEC also said some staff and students of the some federal institutions in the state will be deployed to make up for the shortfall recorded in the number of NYSC members required to conduct the election, saying this was not attempt to vitiate or compromise the integrity of the election.

Speaking at the Ekiti State EMSC workshop organized for INEC staff in Ado-Ekiti on Thursday, the national commissioner in charge of Ekiti, Oyo and Osun States, Prince Adedeji Soyebi, commended ECES for taking interest in matters that will boost the integrity of Nigerian elections.

He said, “The EMSC is a programme specially conceived to give skills to staff of this commission. We have passed through many training but this is very special and important, so we appreciate the European Union for this help.”

On the allegations by the Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose that it was wrong to draw students of Federal University, Oye Ekiti to conduct the election, Soyebi said: “I don’t need to join issues with them at this level, because that is the standard practice anywhere.

“We want to draw them into the election to supplement the shortfall in the number of corps members to be used. We started this in 2011 and they have to be students and staff of federal universities,” he clarified.

Soyebi said those accused of illegally purchasing Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) from owners were wasting their times and resources, saying: “No one can vote for anybody by proxy, because we will test the fingerprints”.

The INEC Chief added that a more voter-friendly enhanced Smart Card Readers will be deployed for the conduct of the Ekiti election.

Also speaking, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Ekiti state, Prof Abdulganiy Raji, assured that INEC will be neutral in the election.

Lending credence to Soyebi’s assertion on the use of students as electoral officers, Raji revealed that, “We needed 10,500 youth corps members and we have 6,500 in Ekiti as of now, out of which 1, 500 will be discharged by July 7.

“With this, we need additional 5,500 staff and these we can only get through students and staff of federal schools. We are in the 6th week of training for them. They are being screened and trained to get the required skills.

“It is a compulsory exercise and they have to participate”, the REC stated.

The Director of ECES , Mr David Le Notre, praised the INEC for taking the giant step of re-branding the country’s electoral system.

Notre said the body will continue to lend support to Nigeria to overcome challenges affecting the conduct of credible polls that meet international standard, and for Nigeria to join the league of nations with a perfect electoral system.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/ekiti-guber-all-corps-members-must.html

Politics / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by 10Ebisco: 6:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Femi Fani-Kayode, a former minister of aviation has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s declaration of June 12 as Democracy day.

Buhari in a press release , also announced that MKO Abiola, winner of the annulled election, will be posthumously awarded the highest honour in the land, GCFR.

In various reactions, some Nigerians wondered if the change meant the President would not hand over on May 29, 2019.

Others felt Buhari was trying to appeal to the South West, ahead of next year’s elections.

However, Fani Kayode on his Twitter page commended Buhari, describing the new date as great news.

He wrote “I commend @MBuhari for announcing June 12th as our new Democracy Day.

“This is long overdue and I am pleasantly surprised. I also commend him for honoring Chief MKO Abiola, the winner of the June 12th 1993 presidential election, with the posthumous award of GCON. This is great news!”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/mko-abiola-fani-kayode-reacts-to.html

38 Likes 2 Shares

Nairaland / General / Shock As Girl Who Was Buried Two Years Ago Returns To Her Parents House by 10Ebisco: 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
Two years ago, a young girl identified simply as Winnie reportedly died from a strange illness and her body was deposited in the morgue.

The deceased who was buried by her family and friends amidst tear, at Mitingo cemetery however returned to her parents house, leaving them in shock, yesterday.

The entire Masala town in Ndola, Zambia woke up to the unbelievable turn of events as the girl told her family that it was a banana tree that was buried, not her.

The parents and the girl were said to report at a police station as they waited for a DNA test to be authorized and conducted on the girl. The girl’s death certificate and birth certificate were provided to aid the police investigation.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/shock-as-girl-who-was-buried-two-years.html

Crime / JUST IN: Police Bust Baby Sellers Of Abia, Others by 10Ebisco: 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
Abia police command has arrested members of three suspected child traffickers, who are baby sellers, including 17-year-old Gift Daniel, who sold her two-day-old baby boy for N670, 000.

The Police Commissioner, Mr Anthony Ogbizi, said this on Monday, while briefing newsmen in Umuahia on the activities of the command.

Ogbizi also said that the command arrested no fewer than 22 other suspected criminals, following raids by his men in the wake of renewed criminal acts in different parts of the state.

In an interview with newsmen, Daniel said that she was compelled to sell the baby due to financial difficulties.

She said that her first baby, also a boy, was sold by her own mother after delivery, hence her resolve to personally sell the second baby.

“My mother sent me away from the house, when I became pregnant for the second baby and because of the financial difficulties, I started looking for somebody to help me.”

Daniel said that she was given N50,000 by the woman that brokered the transaction, 38-year-old Ngozi Nwaiwu, while the nurse, Kate Charles, who helped her during her delivery, got N30,000.

Nwaiwu, who also confirmed the sale to newsmen, said she was trying to help Daniel, considering her plight.

Police also arrested 22-year-old Blessing Chukwu, who sold her three-week-old baby girl, along with the alleged buyer, 40-year-old Chinasa Okpara.

Other alleged accomplices, Mrs Puphemia Omende and his husband, Kelechi, a medical practitioner, were also arrested.

Police alleged that the couple facilitated the transaction at their facility, Winnies Hospital, Okigwe, where the baby was born.

Okpara said that she paid N360,000 for the baby and blamed her action on her 13-year-old fruitless marriage.

Chukwu said she already had four children out of wedlock.
She said that she was given N190,000, for the three-week old baby, blaming her action on financial challenges.

They were arrested at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, were the baby had reportedly been on admission for the past three weeks.

The command also nabbed 23-year-old Rose Chukwu together with her relation, Joy Sunday, while allegedly attempting to kidnap a little boy at Uzuakoli in Bende Local Government Area.

Police alleged that the duo kidnapped the boy at Township Primary School, Uzuakoli, after school and replaced his uniform with another shirt.

They were taking him away when someone alerted the police.
The suspects denied the alleged kidnap attempt, saying that they saw the boy wandering and felt that he missed his way and decided to help him to find his way back home.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that no fewer than 22 other people, mostly young men, were arrested for various offences, including robbery, cultism and kidnapping.

Ogbizi expressed worry with the ease suspected criminals were being discharged by courts during prosecution.

“I am worried about the way the Ministry of Justice discharges suspected criminals. They should consult the police before releasing them.”

He said that suspected criminals, who got released during prosecution, return to society to continue with their criminality.

The police boss said that the suspects, who were paraded before newsmen, would be arraigned at the end of the investigation.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/just-in-police-bust-baby-sellers-of.html

Celebrities / Popular Conjoined Twins Maria And Consolata Die Aged 21 by 10Ebisco: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Popular Tanzanian conjoined twins Maria and Consolata Mwakikuti have reportedly died after they were hospitalized for heart conditions in December 2017.

The twins who were joined from the navel downwards and shared organs like the liver and lungs, had two hearts and separate heads and arms had great plans for their future and reportedly fought hard for their lives.

The high school graduates whose parents died while they were still infants, were raised by the Catholic charity Maria Consolata, which had adopted and named them.

Reports of their demise on Saturday has spread nationwide leaving Tanzanians in shock and mourning the ever joyous and seemingly happy twins who despite their predicament managed to make an indelible mark in the lives of all.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/popular-conjoined-twins-maria-and.html

Politics / Offa Bank Robbery: Buhari Gives IG Of Police Permission To Arrest Saraki by 10Ebisco: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has said he had no objections to any plan by the police to arrest Senate President Bukola Saraki, over a string of murder cases in Kwara State, Premium Times reports.

Buhari received the Inspector-General Ibrahim Idris at the State House on Friday afternoon, during which he was told of at least 20 murder incidents allegedly linked to Saraki in his home state.

Sources said Idris arrived at the State House with evidence and documents relating to Saraki.

The Senate President could be arrested any day from now, following the president’s position that the law should run its course.

On Sunday, the Police invited Saraki for questioning , over his alleged involvement in the Offa Bank robbery attack in Kwara State.

This was disclosed by the Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, at a briefing.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/offa-bank-robbery-buhari-gives-ig-of.html

Politics / Babangida Blasts Governor Bello, Says He’s Clueless by 10Ebisco: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
The immediate past Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, has challenged his successor and current Governor, Abubakar Bello, to prove that his administration failed to invest in projects or keep quiet altogether.

He stated this in reaction to Bello’s allegation against him which bordered on impropriety in the execution of key projects initiated during his tenure and described the incumbent as a liar and sentimental.

In a press statement signed by his Media Assistant, Israel Ayegba, Aliyu claimed Bello was merely looking for an escape route, ahead of 2019 elections.

“Through unwarranted allegations, the ruling APC administration in Niger State is merely trying to give the impression that every past administration in the state was as clueless as the incumbent.

“While we agree that the ruling APC administration in Niger State reserves the right to raise issues about its predecessors’ performances in office, we must say that the party in power lacks the moral justification to turn itself into a perpetual blackmailer of its precursors even when it finds it difficult to substantiate its allegations,” he said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/babangida-blasts-governor-bello-says.html

Crime / Police Parade Suspected Kidnappers, Others In Osun by 10Ebisco: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
The police in Osun state on Saturday paraded three suspected kidnappers, Henry Omenihu(24), Paul Chitiru (24), Henry Bright (18) alongside other suspects nabbed for various criminal offences.

According to the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Fimihan Adeloye, the trio were responsible for the kidnap of Kayode Agbeganji, the Secretary of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Ondo state Chapter and his wife, Oyeyemi Agbeganji, on April 14.

He said the suspects collected ransoms placed on the victims at Cross Rivers State, before they were eventually apprehended in Osu, Atakumosa west local government of Osun State on 29th May, 2018, adding that they would be arraigned in court immediately investigation was concluded.

In a related development, a couple, David Ibitoye and Ifeoluwa Ibitoye were paraded along other individuals for robbing a woman of cash, jewelries, and other valuables worth N18million.

It was learnt that the wife, Ifeoluwa, who was a house maid to the woman and was later disengaged, conspired with her husband and others to rob her former employer.

The CP implored the general public to be conscious of who they employ, as he said investigation was ongoing and that the suspects would be arraigned in court immediately investigation was concluded.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/police-parade-suspected-kidnappers.html

Politics / Buhari’s Performance Has Shown He’s Not Messiah People Expected – Senior Lawyer, by 10Ebisco: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Ntufam Mba Ukweni SAN has observed that Nigerians are sad and disappointed with President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration.

Speaking with DAILY POST on phone on Saturday, Ukweni said, “If President Buhari had lost the 2015 presidential election again, may be the country wouldn’t have been where we are today.

“Boko Haram would have been on the increase, the north would have been more divided and polarised because they would say, they were not given opportunity to rule and that if Buhari was allowed he would have performed magic, turned the country round and Nigeria would have been the most prosperous country.

“So, it is good that he has been given the opportunity to be there for people to know and see that it is not the tribe or religion that makes the difference.

“It has given opportunity for people to compare that the man we were thinking is a messiah after all is not messiah.”

According to the SAN, the people of the North have realised that the president must not necessarily be a Fulani or Hausa before people can benefit.

He said that all what Nigerians are yearning for was a purposeful leadership, a leader who is a leader in a true sense of the word and that will give the country direction.

He said, “Nigerians are not bad people, we are good people and we are ready to follow our leaders. Today, everybody, legislatures, common man in the streets are not happy with President Buhari and his administration.”

Speaking on the 2019 elections, Ukweni said, “It’s choice of President Buhari to contest, but as a person, I don’t think he has done satisfactorily well for me to give him my vote.

“If I have opportunity to meet him one on one, I would advise him against it, and that nobody from the north to the south is happy with his administration, it is only few persons who are in his corridor and thought that if another person’s come on board they will not benefit are the people who are running round him.”

On the legislative arm of government, the Senior lawyer said, “From the beginning, the people in the National Assembly needed to reassess themselves.

“Somebody from outside should not sit down somewhere and select leaders for them. The main crisis they are having is being instigated by the executive.

“But I am happy that the current national assembly is firm and they have realised that they are the major arms of government that make the laws for the country.

“They are doing well but it is only that the executive is interfering. They should not allow executive to select their leaders after all they are not the people that selected ministers for the executive.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/buharis-performance-has-shown-hes-not.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.