Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,137 members, 7,867,295 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 18 pages)

Celebrities / Actress, Uche Ogbodo Celebrates 32nd Birthday by 10Ebisco: 4:10pm On May 17, 2018
Popular Nollywood actress/script writer/producer/ Uche Ogbodo has taken to social media to celebrates her 32nd birthday. The television personality and a model excitedly penned down a birthday message to herself as she recounts on the past one year of her life.

Happy birthday to me! For some reason, I always become quite reflective around the time of my birthday. Unlike some people, I don’t ever dread turning a year older. I love growing older, evolving and reflecting on where life has taken me. My birthday is always a time of gratitude, hope and optimism. I’m always excited to think about what the year ahead will hold, while remembering to not let the past define me ! I Sit in a different car now as I look ahead , “Anything is possible “ ‘Cos I’m not the girl I used to be . Happy birthday to me.

Yes! it’s been some 365 days of rigorous activities! It’s been some weeks of waking up, sleeping and going about the business of the day. And no matter how it’s been, that I’m alive today is a proof that the future is Great. So, when I look back at where I’m coming from, I can only say to myself “You Have Done Well “

I’m another year older and another year more gorgeous, intelligent, and talented as ever! More Sexy , More Driven ,More Blessed ! Thank You lord for your Undying Love I Love You Lord! Happy Birthday to me!

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/actress-uche-ogbodo-celebrates-32nd.html

Politics / Some Of Us Have Been Earmarked For Destruction, Says Senator by 10Ebisco: 8:03pm On May 16, 2018
Imo East lawmaker, Sam Anyanwu says some Nigerian Senators have been "earmarked" for attacks for bearing their minds on some national issues.

Senator Anyanwu stated this on Wednesday, May 16, 2018, while contributing to an allegation raised by Senate President Bukola Saraki of a plot to frame him in a case involving four cultists.

Anyanwu who chairs the Senate committee on ethics and privileges said the events of the past few months was a testimony of his earlier assertion in February 2018.

These were his words: “If this matter has to do with the President of the Senate, then all of us are in trouble. I remember I said this that from February, all for us should be prepared, one after the other, it has come to that point.

“I’m looking at a situation where we don’t look at geo-political zones, we look for crack people who can do a forensic investigation and bring it to the public domain so that Nigerians can understand the prosecution we are going through now.

“As it stands, I can assure you, some of us have been earmarked for destruction just because we speak out but as far as I’m concerned, it’s only one bullet and one life,” he added.

Similarly, Senator Isa Misau urged his colleagues to be prepared for the attacks from state agencies.

“The Police is just being used as face for this, there are other security organisations behind what is happening. And all this thing is about 2019 election.

“I want all of you to be prepared because they are coming for all of us one by one,” he added.

Also, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha alleged that he had his Police officers withdrawn while on a trip to Jos, the Plateau state capital.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/some-of-us-have-been-earmarked-for.html

Politics / EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by 10Ebisco: 7:06am On May 16, 2018
The Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has said that the country has recovered N500 billion and secured 486 convictions since he took over in November 2015 till date.

He made this known at the commissioning of the commission’s new head office in Abuja on Tuesday.

“In 2018 alone, we have secured 89 convictions. Thus so far, we have secured 486 convictions from November 2015 till date. We have recovered funds in different currencies and, so far, we have recovered more than N500 billion.

“The recoveries meant for the Federal Government are duly remitted to its account while recoveries for individuals and private institutions are equally paid to them in accordance with the law.

“We are also making strides as it relates to the prosecution of high-profile cases. For instance, for the first time in the history of Nigeria, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria was convicted in a case prosecuted by the EFCC.

“I, therefore, again, restate the commitment of the Commission to the fight against corruption.

“We do not go after innocent citizens, we go after those who have stolen and arrogated same to themselves, like President Buhari has said.”

Dignitaries at the event included President Muhammadu Buhari, Speaker of the House Representtives, Yakubu Dogara, and Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Patricia Scotland.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/efcc-has-recovered-n500bn-secured-486.html

7 Likes

Politics / Army Repels Another Terrorist Attack, Kills Six In N’east by 10Ebisco: 11:12pm On May 15, 2018
Arrests militia leader in Nasarawa

Senator Iroegbu in Abuja

Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole of the Nigerian Army have successfully repelled another Boko Haram terrorists attack in Gashigar town of Borno State killing six of them.

The Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Texas Chukwu, in a statement Tuesday said some of the terrorists were also wounded during the encounter.

Chukwu, however, noted that two soldiers were wounded during the operation

He listed the items recovered to include: anti aircraft gun, four AK47 rifles, six AK47 magazines, two mortar bombs and tow gun trucks.

In the same vein, he said the troops successfully cleared Gambori, Dumbawa, Damsu, Awardi, Kanaram, Laridi, Malumdi and Yuramdi villages.

He listed further items recovered to include: one refrigerator, one 14-inch TV, two DVDs players and a box filled with drugs.

Chukwu said efforts are also being intensified to arrest fleeing other members of the terrorists group.

In another development, the DAPR said the troops of 177 Guards Battalion while on raid operation at Ugya village in Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State destroyed some armed militia camp.

“Items recovered include: Seven locally made guns, 12 cartridges, 200 rounds of 7.62MM special ammunition, 76 rounds of 7.62MM NATO special ammunition, four knives, 15 cutlasses, six mobile phones, one DSTv decoder set and four solar panel sets,” he stated.

The army spokesman said the spiritual head of the militia group, one Angulu Idaku, was also arrested.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/army-repels-another-terrorist-attack.html

Politics / Shehu Sani Hails Senate’s Decision On Omo-agege by 10Ebisco: 1:18pm On May 15, 2018
Shehu Sani hails senate’s decision on Omo-AgegeShehu Sani , the senator representing Kaduna Central, on Tuesday said senate’s adherence to court order on Senator Ovie Omo-agege was a step away from tyranny and desecration of democracy in the country.

MC EBISCO recalls that the Senate on Monday night complied with the judgement of the Federal High Court, ordering Senator Ovie Omo-Agege to resume from his suspension on Tuesday, May 15.

Reacting, Sani writing on his Facebook page said senate’s adherence to court order would challenge the executives and all security agencies to also respect all court orders pending before them.

“As a man born in Kaduna where PMB lived,I can attest to his history of honesty & moral uprightness;But there are other Nigerians who are equally upright;Gowon,Adamu Ciroma,Balarabe Musa,Usman Jibrin,Yohanna Madaki,Aliyu Jamaa etc.We have good people in our country everywhere.

“I’m of the view and will insist that the senate should respect the court order given in respect of the suspended Senator, to set a standard for respect for rule of Law;And to challenge the executives & all security agencies to also respect all court orders pending before them.

“Disobeying court orders is resistance to the rule of law.We desecrate democracy each time we defy the courts.Every step away from the law is a step towards tyranny.The tower of justice stands on the rock of the rule of law.Liberty is guaranteed when the constitution is respected.”

Meanwhile, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has sent a petition to Mr. Diego García-Sayán, UN Special Rapporteur on President Muhammadu Buhari’s disobedience to court rulings and orders.

The organisation, in a petition dated May 11, 2018 to the UN, lamented the Federal Government’s habit of picking and choosing court judgments to obey.

SERAP in its petition urged García-Sayán to use his good offices to prevail on President Buhari to ensure the sanctity of the country’s constitution as well as respect for the country’s international obligations.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/shehu-sani-hails-senates-decision-on.html

Politics / FG Begins Repair Of Lagos-abeokuta Road by 10Ebisco: 3:40am On May 15, 2018
Samuel Awoyinfa and Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi

The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing on Monday inaugurated the rehabilitation of the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, with an inspection tour of the road.

The Director, Federal Highways, South-West, Mr. Olalekan Busari, said the road had been neglected by previous administrations before it was re-awarded to Julius Berger for construction this month.

According to him, the project is divided into two sections, the first of which starts from Ile Zik in Lagos, spanning about 20 kilometres, while the second section falls in Ogun State and covers 60km.

Busari said the project had suffered several setbacks in the past but that the current administration was resuscitating it as part of its mandate to deliver infrastructure development to Nigerians.

He stated, “It is a complete total rehabilitation of the entire road this time around, and it is awarded at N22.387bn and the contract period is for two and half years, and we hope the contractor will actually deliver.

“Julius Berger has the capacity and the Federal Government is very determined to properly fund this road project so as to deliver it on time. The first section was to rehabilitate the Ota-Abeokuta section, which was awarded to Julius Berger in 2009 at the sum of N11.6bn. However, due to lack of funding, the project dragged on until 2010 that it was completed at a contract price of N14.6bn.”

Busari added, “Addendum 2 was awarded in 2006, consisting of the rehabilitation of the construction of the flyover at Ota and the construction of the roundabout, as well as the strengthening of the Lagos-Ota road at a sum of N9.6bn that time. The contract was eventually partially completed in 2010. In 2011, Section 3, Phase 3 was awarded at a contract sum of N10.6bn.

“The scope of work was to complete the work on the section on phase two, which is the construction of the flyover, as well as construction of the crash barriers and the strengthening of the Lagos road. It was awarded in 2011 at a contract sum of N10.6bn due to delay in the execution of the project and lack of funding by the previous administration. The job started and was stopped again in 2012 basically due to lack of funding and lack of priority.”

Busari explained that the road was important to the socio-economic development of the South-West and the entire nation, as well as it being the link to the Republic of Benin.

The Federal Controller of Works, Lagos, Mr. Adedamola Kuti; and the Federal Controller, Works, Ogun, Mr. Olukayode Popoola, both said they had put measures in place for traffic management and diversions so as to reduce the hardship of road users

Julius Berger’s West Division Manager, Mr. Wolfgang Loesser, stated that the firm was first carrying out repairs of bad portions of the highway to ease gridlock before the major rehabilitation work.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fg-begins-repair-of-lagos-abeokuta-road.html

Politics / Kyari Appointed Nigeria’s OPEC Representative by 10Ebisco: 6:04am On May 14, 2018
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced the appointment of Mallam Mele Kyari, incumbent Group General Manager in charge of its Crude Oil Marketing Division, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

The NNPC in a statement by its Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Ndu Ughamadu, said the appointment was made by Nigeria’s Head of Delegation to the OPEC conference and the Resources and Board Chairman of NNPC, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu.

It noted that the position requires Kyari to lead Nigeria’s team to the OPEC Economic Commission Board which precedes the bi-annual meetings of the OPEC ministerial conference.

The ECB reviews the global oil markets and makes input from the perspectives of the individual member countries.

The corporation further explained that M Kyari may also be required to provide any support to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and the OPEC Governor in the performance of Nigeria’s roles and participation in OPEC matters.

A geologist, Kyari is a quintessential crude oil marketer with prerequisite certification and outfield pedigree in petroleum economics and crude oil and gas trading.

Within the last 26 years he has traversed the entire value chain of the petroleum industry posting resounding performance in all his assignments and duty posts.

Under his watch, the Crude Oil Marketing Division has recorded noticeable transformation in the management and sales of the various Nigeria’s crude oil grades via an infusion of transparency and automation of the processes.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/kyari-appointed-nigerias-opec.html

Foreign Affairs / Trouble With Gandhi In South Africa by 10Ebisco: 4:47am On May 13, 2018
A few years ago, an argument arose around Mahatma Gandhi’s life in South Africa.

In all Gandhi who was assassinate on 30 January 1948, lived in South Africa for twenty years. Born in 1869 of a trading community – the Banda caste – he broke his caste taboo by travelling to London at the age of 19 to study law.

The years in London, although difficult for a shy teenager gave Gandhi unfettered freedom to explore life. He discovered vegetarianism and the Victorian ethic of self-help.

On his return to India he could not establish a legal career partly due to his shyness. He accepted a legal brief which made him migrate to South Africa in 1893.

He lived in Durban and Johannesburg and handled cases for rich Indian business men and sugar cane farmers. Over time he had a successful legal practice.

More and more though, he found himself defending the rights of Indian workers and indentured labourers.
Much later still, he concerned himself with helping Indians to achieve a better racial classification in the apartheid state of South Africa.

Of course, he would have been aware of the situation of Africans in the South African political and economic arrangement. The Anglo-Boer War 1899 to 1902 renamed in post apartheid times as the South African War took place while Gandhi lived in South Africa.

The Dutch farmers and the British fought each other to see who would control the country. And the historical records of the Afrikaners (the Dutch) and the English (the British) say nothing about the role Africans in the war.

Yet Africans fought on both sides. When the British and the Dutch buried the hatchet, they buried it in the back of the Africans by setting up the Union of South Africa in 1902 in which Africans had no rights of citizenship.

And when the British set up their detention camps during that war to control the movement of their then enemy the Dutch, these Afrikaner farmers took their African slaves with them to such detention camps.

It is usually claimed that Gandhi was committed to achieving a better racial classification for Indians as members of the aryan race along with the British empire rulers. He volunteered as a stretcher career during that war.

In 1906 there were uprisings by the Zulu against the British colonialist in KwaZulu Natal. Why didn’t Gandhi support the Zulus against the British army? In response he is quoted as answering thus: “It is not for me to say whether the revolt of the Kaffirs is justified or not.”

Apart from the use the offensive k-word here, there is the obvious observation that Gandhi did not find common cause with the Africans while he fought for the rights of oppressed Indian workers and indentured labourers. Africans had begun organising themselves to fight apartheid at this time.

Both the 1902 settlement and the more damaging land act of 1913 brought great suffering to Africans. It was to better fight the whites, both Dutch and British that African National Congress was founded in 1912.

On 7 June 1893 Gandhi was travelling from Durban to Pretoria on official business as a lawyer. He had a first class ticket and he was seated in the first class compartment.

At the Pietermaritzburg railway station a European traveller in the same compartment ordered that passenger looking like a ‘coolie’ (derogatory term used for Indians by Whites in South Africa) be thrown out. The following is how phrases his dilemma on the occasion:

“Should I fight for my right or go back to India, or should I go on to Pretoria without minding the insults, and return to India after finishing the case? It would be cowardice to run back to India without fulfilling my obligation.” From MY EXPERIMENTS WITH TRUTH by MK Gandhi.

The Pietermaritzburg Station was named after Gandhi in 2011 Gandhi stayed on in South Africa for the next 22 years honing his signature contribution to modern politics and modern life satyagraha usually translated as non violence protest.

In 1897 in Durban Gandhi was beaten thoroughly and left bloody by a white mob bent on lynching him. In 1908 in Johannesburg he was assaulted by a group of violent Pathans. In all these attacks Gandhi trained himself and his followers to turn on the other cheek.
He founded the Natal Indian Congress in 1894 to fight against discrimination against Indians in South Africa.

All over the world from Europe to the Americas and back to Africa the ideology of non violence protest got supporters. From civil rights leaders in the United States of America to the anti apartheid protesters in Africa Gandhi was the leader to follow to gain power from powerlessness.

Gandhi’s struggle contained contradictions that he has to resolve as he struggled along. His struggled against British colonialism in India needed to unite Hindus and Indians.

His fight against untouchability and the Hindu caste system meant that he had the Brahmins and other higher caste as enemies.

In advocating a secular morality he had all religious organisations against him.

The point seems to be about determining whether we take Gandhi as a politician or as a social reformer.

And a politician who never headed an army or a government, a social reformer with no coercive forces to ensure his way among his followers. How far would non violence go to protect him?

In 1948, after partition and the independence of India and Pakistan, India renamed on its promise to give 550 million rupees from the joint budget. Gandhi embarked on a fast unto death to force India to give the money to Pakistan.

A group of Hindu nationalists who saw him supporting Muslims against Hindustan (India) responded that they would not let fasting kill him. Rather, he would be killed by their bullets.

So said, so done. On 20 January 1948, they attempted to kill him and failed. Then on 30 January 1948 Nathuram Godse, one of the conspirators shot Gandhi three times from point blank range.

Seven of the Hindu nationalists were tried and some went to goal while Godse and another were hanged. Gandhi’s death might be a political failure, but it was a moral triumph. India had to pay Pakistan.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/trouble-with-gandhi-in-south-africa.html

Politics / Man Shot Dead During APC Local Council Congress In Lagos by 10Ebisco: 5:48pm On May 12, 2018
There was pandemonium on Saturday (today) at the Agege Local Government Area in Lagos as a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was shot dead during the party’s local council congress.

The member, identified as Nurudeen Olanose, was allegedly shot at Central School, Dopemu, during a fracas that ensued after voting had ended on Saturday.

Two others are in critical condition while nine people have been arrested and taken to Area G Police Division in Agege.

When contacted, Chike Oti, the Spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, said “I’ll get back to you.”

However, there are different accounts of what led to the shooting at the congress venue in Agege.

A witness said violence broke out after Mudashiru Obasa, the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, visited the venue.

“Obasa came to the venue at Dopemu, from nowhere a gunshot killed one of the party members. As he was going, his security men just dragged the guy that was shot, they dropped him on the other side of the road in order for him to pass and run away,” said the witness, who declined to be named for “political reasons”.

“Not quite 10 minutes later, another person was shot (dead) by Obasa’s boys again, and one other person was shot by the leg.”

Musibau Razak, the spokesperson for the Lagos Speaker, said his principal did not attend the congress at Dopemu.

“It is a lie,” Razak said when questioned.

“From my investigation, it is the APC local government congress in Agege and those who were supposed to be at the congress venue were there, they did their congress and left. But you know in politics, there will always be disgruntled elements, I think that was what happened.

“What happened at Dopemo had nothing to do with my boss.

“Of course, as a member of APC and a Speaker, if anything happens he will be contacted and he will make necessary arrangement for peace to reign. Policemen were there, SSS were there, the INEC was there, so nobody should link that thing to the Speaker. The Speaker’s effort is to maintain peace.”

Rotimi Sulyman, Media Adviser to Ganiyu Egunjobi, the Chairman of Agege local government, said one person died from the violence.

He also said that Mr Obasa was “nowhere near” the congress venue.

“After the election has been concluded, some people who felt they are fast losing the grip of the party, they started fomenting trouble and in the course of it one of the persons loyal to our camp died,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/man-shot-dead-during-apc-local-council.html

Career / FRSC Sacks 2 Officers Over Fake Drivers’ License Deal In Delta by 10Ebisco: 2:18pm On May 12, 2018
Two Officers of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Delta State Sector, have been dismissed from service over their alleged involvement in “fake drivers’ license deal.”

Mr. Rindom Kumven, the State Sector Commander, who confirmed the sack of the officers to DAILY POST said: “the officers were sacked because their hands were soiled with oil, it is a measure to curb incidents of forgery, particularly driver’s’ license by touts within the system, they were caught engaging in such practices, and we cannot tolerate such act”.

He disclosed that driver’s license had undergone series of improvements to guarantee its security, adding that it cannot be faked by unscrupulous persons, except insiders within the FRSC.

“The amount for license is N6, 350 for five years,” the FRSC boss told DAILY POST.

He noted that drivers’ license was a tripartite arrangement between the corps, board of internal revenue and vehicle inspection unit.

He said the corps will continue to work in collaborative measure, with a view to ensuring genuineness in the issuance of license to drivers.

He added: “we are carrying out rally in motor parks, we will distribute flyers, and sensitize our people on the implications of using fake drivers’ license.

“The sacked officers are: Suliman Garba, and Igwuoke Dennis; their sack will create some level sanity in the corps”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/frsc-sacks-2-officers-over-fake-drivers.html

Politics / NJC Recommends Appointment Of 21 State Judges (FULL LIST) by 10Ebisco: 6:57pm On May 11, 2018
The National Judicial Council (NJC) has recommended 21 judges for appointment as chief judges and judicial officers in various states.

They include judges of the conventional courts and Sharia courts.

The announcement was made Friday in a statement by the NJC spokesperson, Soji Oye.

The appointments are subject to co-formation of the president or governors of respective states.

Read the statement below:

PRESS RELEASE

11th May, 2018

The National Judicial Council under the Chairmanship of the Honourable Mr. Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, GCON, at its 86th Meeting, which was held on 8th and 9th May, 2018, recommended the under-listed names of twenty-one (21) successful candidates as Heads of Courts and Judicial Officers for the Federal/State High Courts and the Code of Conduct Tribunal:

APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, KEBBI STATE
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Elizabeth A. Karatu

APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, KATSINA STATE
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Musa Danladi Abubakar

Read Also: Appointment of Justices: NBA threatens to sue Buhari over ‘Constitutional Dereliction’

APPOINTMENT OF GRAND KADI KATSINA STATE
i) Hon. Kadi Alhafiz Mikail Abubakar

APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT, CUSTOMARY COURT OF APPEAL, FCT
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Abbazih Musa Abubakar Saddeeq

APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, NIGER STATE
i) Bilikisu Gambo Yusuf
ii) Ishaku Usman

APPOINTMENT OF THREE (3) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, BORNO STATE
i) Musa Mustapha
ii) Baba Gani Karumi

iii) Waziri Alhaji Abubakar

APPOINTMENT OF THREE (3) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, KOGI STATE
i) Husaini Alhasan Saidu
ii) Zubayr Saliu

iii) Ruth Alolo Alfa

APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, GOMBE STATE
i) Muhammad Haruna
ii) Fatima Musa

APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) KADIS SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, GOMBE STATE
i) Muhammad Inuwa Gombe
ii) Hadi Aminu

APPOINTMENT OF FOUR (4) KADIS SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, GOMBE STATE
i) Ahmad Muhammad Gidado
ii) Mustapha Lalloki

iii) Dalha Bashir Ahmad

iv) Atiku Muhammad Bello

APPOINTMENT OF ONE (1) MEMBER, CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL
i) Julie Abieyuwa Anabor

The newly appointed candidates will be sworn-in after the approval of the President and their respective State Governors as the case may be.

Soji Oye

Director, Information

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/njc-recommends-appointment-of-21-state.html

Celebrities / Actor Igbonna Delivers A Speech In Defence Of His Wife, Sonia by 10Ebisco: 11:19pm On May 10, 2018
Some Nigerians have always had an issue with the dress sense of Sonia Morales Ogbonna , Nollywood actor, IK Ogbonna’s wife

Another fan got more than what was expected as he accused the beautiful light skinned model of always dressing up like a prostitute

The fan identified as djunderb, upon spotting the actor’s wife in a blue joggers which covered all parts of her body except her flat tummy, wrote;

“Only thing you know how to best is to dress like prostituted”

Considering the nature of the heavy word used to describe his wife, and the repercussion of remaining silent to the man who berated his wife, IK who is usually calm even when troll attacks his non-Nigerian wife, could not condone such rant dished out to Sonia

Taking to her defence, the actor gave a speech to the social media critic whose intention was to shame his wife.

He wrote;

“@djunderb, this is what happens when a mother refuses to breast feed her child because of his nkapi teeth. Better go back to your village and get that breast milk you missed out on coz ur brain is def not fully developed”

Making reference to his mother, IK was able to drive home his point by asking the follower to run back to the village to get the breast milk he missed out on when he was a child as thats the only logical solution for his misbehaviour

Proud of her husband’s response, and also suprised at the length of insults accrued to someone in her defense, Sonia responded saying; “This my IK,lmao”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/actor-igbonna-delivers-speech-in.html

Politics / Ekiti APC Secretariat Gate Sealed With Charms & Fetish by 10Ebisco: 11:02pm On May 09, 2018
A fetish sacrifice( okaka ebo ti n k’agun laya) was found at the entrance of All Progressives congress, APC state Secretariat this morning following the violence at the primary election in the state over the weekend.

Meanwhile, the APC National Working Committee, NWC has cancelled the results of last Saturday’s botched gubernatorial primary election and consequently fixed this Friday for the conduct of fresh primaries.

Ekiti APC Secretariat Gate Sealed With Charms & Fetish Items Following The Bloody Primaries (Photos)

The NWC which took the decision after a marathon session between Monday and Tuesday has also barred the agents of aspirants who were identified to have disrupted the process from further participating in the primary election in whatever capacity.

The NWC which took the decision after a marathon session between Monday and Tuesday has also barred the agents of aspirants who were identified to have disrupted the process from further participating in the primary election in whatever capacity.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/ekiti-apc-secretariat-gate-sealed-with.html

NYSC / NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by 10Ebisco: 7:41am On May 09, 2018
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has assured that no corps member will be posted to areas facing security challenges in the country.

The NYSC Director-General, Brig Gen Suleiman Kazaure, stated this in Ogun State at the Orientation Camp in Sagamu while addressing the 2018 Batch ‘A’ corps members.

According to a release by the Director, Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, the DG said “no corps member would be posted to an area with security breach within the country.

“The corps members must uphold the ideals of patriotism as responsible citizens in the discharge of their duties in their different places of primary assignment.”

The DG stated further that the scheme had engaged experts and officials of security agencies to train corps members in martial arts as part of the self-defence routines.

He said, “The security of corps members, wherever they are serving, is a priority in the scheme. Limiting the deployment of our corps members to areas with security challenges is a deliberate measure for their safety.

“We provide them with a booklet on security tips as well as phone numbers that give them a direct access in their places of primary assignment to personnel of security agencies such as the police, the State Security Service and other agencies.

“Apart from these, the scheme has established Distress Call Centres domiciled in the NYSC Directorate headquarters which function 24 hours. We also have the relevant details of all corps members nationwide and their locations are uploaded to the database of the centre.

“If anyone of them puts in a distress call, the call will immediately reflect on the computer screen the details and location of that corps member.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/nysc-speaks-on-posting-corps-members-to.html

Politics / Fayemi Reacts To ‘removal’ Of Ekiti APC Chairman, Jide Awe by 10Ebisco: 8:39am On May 08, 2018
The Minister of Mines and Steel Development and Governorship Aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Kayode Fayemi, has faulted the reported removal of the Ekiti State Chairman of the party, Chief Jide Awe, by a section of the party.

He urged them to rescind the decision for the sake of the party and democracy.

The Minister said APC remained a political party with a very rich democratic culture, adding that removal of its elected executives, on whatever ground, must be in line with laid down procedures.

Fayemi, in a statement by his Special Adviser of Media, Mr Yinka Oyebode, stated that he would not support any attempt to subvert the rule of law within the party.

He urged those desirous of a change in the leadership of the party in the state to wait till September when the party would hold its congresses for the election of new officers in Ekiti State.

The statement reads: “The report of the alleged removal of Chief Jide Awe as the state chairman of our party is quite troubling, especially giving the method adopted by the aggrieved members.

“The aggrieved members had cited, among other reasons, Chief Awe’s perceived biased position in the current governorship primary exercise in the party, where he was accused of overtly supporting a particular aspirant as well as hobnobbing with the Governor Ayodele Fayose-led government.

“Regardless of the weighty nature of these allegations, removal of state executives in APC through a Gestapo style is not acceptable. In fact, it is condemnable.

“I, for one, cannot be part of this. Our party is built on democratic tenets and the rule of law. So, I urge all those who desire a change in the current leadership in the state to wait till September when the state congresses for the election of new set of officers would hold in Ekiti.

The Minister also urged well-meaning members of the party to work for the unity of the various tendencies within the party ahead of the governorship election in the state.

“Regardless of the differences we might have, especially in the on going process of choosing the flag bearer of our party for the July 14 governorship election, we must unite in our efforts to chase out the incompetent and insensitive PDP –led administration. That we cannot afford to compromise.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fayemi-reacts-to-removal-of-ekiti-apc.html

Politics / Dogara Explains Why House Is Investigating State Of Refineries by 10Ebisco: 5:45pm On May 07, 2018
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Yakubu Dogara has restated that the House of Representatives is bent on ensuring that due process is followed in governance business, and will continue to insist that public investment be managed professionally and profitably.

Hon Dogara stated this while speaking at a public hearing organised by the House of Representatives Adhoc Committee on the investigation of the state of the nation’s four refineries, their turn around maintenance to date and regular/modular licensed refineries in the National Assembly.

He said the investigation was aimed at determining whether it is beneficial for the government to continue to pump in public funds into refineries and still have to allocate crude oil for the same purpose of refining, as well as the status of all the refineries, their turn around maintenance and ascertain why holders of license have refused to utilise them.

The speaker said, “Considering the importance of the turn-around maintenance of the four refineries as well as ensuring that the process is carried out in line with Public Procurement Act and other financial regulations for the benefit of the nation, the committee is expected to focus and act within the following terms of reference given to it by the House, namely:

i. ascertain the viability of continuing investment of public funds on the nation’s four(4) refineries and allocation of 445,000 bpd crude utilization for the same purpose;

ii. determine the current utilization level of Warri, Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries;

iii. carry out a comprehensive investigation on the turnaround maintenance (TAM) carried out to date on the refineries and

iv. identify the private and corporate individuals that have refused to utilize the license and(regular and Modular), the readiness and status of all current holders and report back within 90 days for further legislative action.”
He assured Nigerians that the House of Representatives will pursue all necessary provisions within the ambit of the law to support transparency, accountability, as well as to ensure that due process is followed in governance business in both the public service and other statutory organisations.
“ We will continue to insist that public investment is managed professionally and profitably,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/dogara-explains-why-house-is.html

Politics / Get Your Permanent Voter Cards, Senator Tinubu Tells Nigerians by 10Ebisco: 6:59am On May 07, 2018
The senator representing Lagos Central senatorial district, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu, has urged registered voters resident in Lagos State to ensure that they collect their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs), which is the key to participating in the forthcoming 2019 general election.

The call was made following revelations from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that over 7,800,000 PVCs are yet to be collected nationwide. About 1,400,000 of these are from Lagos State alone.

Prior to the 2015 elections, INEC had introduced the use of smart card readers. This has necessitated issuance of PVCs as part of the identification and authentication process.

After the 2015 elections, about 12 million PVCs had remained in the electoral body’s custody.

“With previous elections, Nigerians developed voter apathy due to a distrust of the system. The 2015 elections taught us, however, that as individuals, our votes count. Thus, we must rise up as citizens to fulfill our civic responsibility and ensure accountability in governance,” Senator Tinubu said.

Towards the 2019 elections, INEC has released modalities for ongoing continuous voter registration. These centres open from 9a.m. to 3p.m. daily. But Senator Tinubu has pleaded that the period should be extended; and should include weekends to allow people who are unable to visit the centres during work hours do so during the weekend.

In addition, she said INEC should ensure that it has adequate resources to make the process quick and easy.

The senator also called for increased voter education and sensitisation.

She asked the federal government to declare public holidays in order to give ample time for collection of PVCs ahead of the December 2018 deadline.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/get-your-permanent-voter-cards-senator.html

Politics / 2019: Okupe Reveals How Buhari Can Be Removed by 10Ebisco: 6:04pm On May 06, 2018
A former presidential spokesperson, Doyin Okupe, has said the Coalition for Nigeria Movement will present a credible candidate who will defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 presidential election.

He, however, said the group was not formed to either attack the Buhari government or to discredit the APC-led government.

Okupe, in a statement on Saturday, said since it would be difficult task to oust an incumbent, the CNM would scout for a credible candidate who can defeat Buhari.

Okupe stated, “It is absolutely impossible to oppose the incumbent especially a towering figure like President Muhammadu Buhari and hope to defeat him.

“To defeat Buhari will require an exact repeat of what Bola Tinubu and others were able to do with the APC in 2014 by creating a broad platform encompassing the political majority in the country.

“This strong coalition will present a candidate to contest against Buhari with the hope of being able to win.

“We recognise the fact that the APC has not done well. We are convinced that the decision by Buhari to contest again will not augur well for the country. To allow the APC to win means Buhari will continue and that would not be in the interest of Nigerians,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/2019-okupe-reveals-how-buhari-can-be.html

2 Likes

Crime / FG Seals Hotel In Abuja, Rescues 13 Girls From Suspected Trafficker by 10Ebisco: 12:39pm On May 05, 2018
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) on Friday sealed up Amazonia Guest House at Dagri in Gwagwalada, FCT, and rescued 13 women suspected to be victims of human trafficking.

NAPTIP’s Assistant Director of Intelligence, Investigation and Monitoring, Tina Ugwu told journalists after the operation that that two suspects including the Manager of the lodge have been arrested.

Ms Ugwu alleged that one Hafeez Abdulsalam who had been on NAPTIPs watch list and was a suspected trafficker in the South-West who specialises in trafficking young girls to Saudi Arabia was the person that brought the girls from various states to Abuja.

“From our findings, Abdulsalam is a major recruiter of young girls to Saudi Arabia and Dubai because he has been on our Osun State’s office watch list.

“The investigation is still ongoing, we will study all the things we recovered from the hotel and then charge the suspects to court,” she said.

One of the victims, who gave her name as Rokibat, 22 from Oyo state told journalists that her aunt in Saudi Arabia told her mother to bring her to Saudi through Abdulsalam to be engaged in Housemaid job.

She explained that she met with Abdulsalam in Osogbo who took her to a hospital for medical checkup in preparation for the journey before she was brought to Abuja.

Another victim, Rodiya 23, from Lagos state said Mr Abdulsalam who is a family friend allegedly promised to take her to Saudi Arabia to earn a living since she was not doing anything.

Rodiya explained that Abdulsalam took her to a hospital in Osogbo for medical test and then brought her to Abuja to process her international passport for the journey to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Another victim from Kwara said her older sister introduced her to Mr Abdulsalam.

The arrested suspect, Abdulsalam who also spoke to reporters, claimed that the company he worked for known as Western Royal Manpower Solution was legal and registered company known to the federal government.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fg-seals-hotel-in-abuja-rescues-13.html

Politics / Dino Melaye To Cool Off In Lokoja Prison (photos) by 10Ebisco: 5:22pm On May 04, 2018
The lawmaker representing the Kogi West Senate District in the National Assembly, Senator Dino Melaye was on Thursday May 3,2018, denied bail by a Senior Magistrate Court 2, Lokoja, Kogi State and will be remanded in custody of the Nigerian Police Force till June 11, 2018.

This followed his charge of charging a firearm by the police in Lokoja, the capital of Kogi State. Earlier this week, the beleaguered senator survived a recall process allegedly brought against him by state government officials.

Senator Melaye was sentenced to provisional detention by a magistrate's court in Lokoja, Kogi State.

This followed his charge of charging a firearm by the police in Lokoja, the capital of Kogi State. Earlier this week, the beleaguered senator survived a recall process allegedly brought against him by state government officials.

More as the event unfolds.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/dino-melaye-to-cool-off-in-lokoja.html

Politics / 2019: Atiku Reacts To Inec’s Call For Debates Among Candidates by 10Ebisco: 9:01am On May 04, 2018
Former vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)’s call, for debates among candidates running for political offices in 2019.

INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, stated this while delivering a speech titled, ‘The role of the media in the Nigerian electoral process,’ at the 69th General Assembly of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria in Lagos on Wednesday.

Yakubu said the debates were a vital part of the democratic process as they helped to guide the decision of voters.

Writing on his verified Twitter page, Atiku said: “Kudos to @inecnigeria for recognising debates are a vital part of the democratic process.

“Our democracy & governance will be better enriched when voters have the opportunity to make the needed distinction in the offerings of those who apply to govern them.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/2019-atiku-reacts-to-inecs-call-for.html

Politics / APC Secretary, Five Others Escape Death In Port Harcourt [PHOTO] by 10Ebisco: 8:36pm On May 03, 2018
The Secretary of the All Progressive Congress in Rivers State, Emeka Beke and four others on Thursday survived a ghastly accident in Port Harcourt.

Beke was driving to his office along Forces Avenue, Old GRA in a black Toyata SUV with five persons on board when a tree along the road side fell on the moving vehicle and crushed the car.

This came just few days to the party Ward Congress, which is shrouded in controversy.

Beke and others were rushed to a private hospital for medical attention after they sustained various degrees of injuries.

The APC Secretary, while speaking with newsmen from his hospital bed, said, “I don’t know how I survived. What happened was unbelievable and unexpected. I don’t know what to say. I am still very shocked and surprised.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/apc-secretary-five-others-escape-death.html

Politics / How Gov. Wike Is Plotting Buhari’s Impeachment – APC by 10Ebisco: 3:44pm On May 03, 2018
The Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has attacked Government Nyesom Wike of engineering the process of impeaching President Muhammadu Buhari.

The APC described as unwise and unnecessary the recent plot by some members of the National Assembly to heighten tension in the country by tabling an impeachment threat on President Buhari.

The APC said the President was doing his best to rescue the nation from the dungeon that PDP past Government kept her and should not be distracted by the National Assembly.

This was contained in a statement by Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Public Affairs Consultant to the State Chairman of APC, Davies Ikanya, and made available to MC EBISCO on Wednesday.

APC said, “The impeachment plot based on President Buahri’s approval for the withdrawal of $496 million from the Excess Crude Account for the purchase of 12 Super Tucano aircraft ordered from the United States aimed at rescuing the country from its present security crisis is to us an exercise in futility.

“President Trump affirming this transaction stated, ‘We recently sold Nigeria 12 Super Tucano aircraft in the first-ever sale of American military equipment to Nigeria. Nigeria is a valued partner and a good friend.’

“The National Assembly considering what President Trump said about our leader and nation should be celebrating this icon of integrity and the new face of democracy in our nation than this unwarranted demonstration of shame and embarrassment.”

The party said Wike seizes any opportunity to demonstrate his disdain for both Buhari and the APC-led Government and has once again used the historical purchase of war Aircraft to mobilise his attack dogs in the National Assembly through his lackeys – Kingsley Chinda (House of Representatives, PDP Rivers, Obio/Akpor Constituency) and Mathew Urhoghide (Senate, PDP Edo South) to initiate the impeachment process.

It said the governor already knows very well that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria have no impeachment clause in any of its section but a plot of distraction to blackmail this administration and disrupt her efforts to expose and deal with those who have looted our common patrimony with impunity.

The party further pleads with Wike to, “leave Buhari alone so that he can concentrate on how to find solutions to how Wike and his colleagues looted and milked our common patrimony dry particularly now that he (Wike) has lost direction on how to govern a complex State like Rivers State.

The party relies on Section 143 (2) (b) of the 1999 Constitution and further in Section 143 (11) as (a) to state that, “President Buhari has neither committed any grave violation or breach of this Constitution”, or “a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct to warrant his impeachment or removal from office if not to play into the hands of those hell-bent of frustrating the corruption fight of this administration.

The party therefore, “admonishes the leadership and members of the National Assembly to consider the general peace, welfare of our nation and put aside this impeachment plot as we need to unite to save our nation from those who wants to plunge this nation into unwarranted crisis in order to safeguard their loots.

“The party notes that with the level of corruption instituted by the PDP administration during its inglorious reign it will be suicidal to succumb to their evil machinations and plots to scheme themselves back to power in order to safeguard their looted funds. God will not permit that.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/how-gov-wike-is-plotting-buharis.html

Celebrities / Exposed!!! Rico Swavey Caught On Top Of Khloe by 10Ebisco: 12:32pm On May 03, 2018
Big Brother Nigeria 2018 housemates Rico Swavey and a two time housemate in the same just concluded TV show Khloe have shared some adorable photos together.

Rico who is a talented young man with some special cooking skills was able to put up the best character during his stay in the house that is worth emulation from the younger generation.

He was in a photo shoot with house mate Khloe and the photo session got him on top of the Fashion designer Khloe.

While sitting on Khloe, Rico had a camera on him trying to take a photo of Khloe and she grabbed his chest in a suspicious manner. They look pretty in the photos shared.

This two became so close at the dying time of their stay in the house, well nothing solid ever materialized between them as it could be said that their closeness was normal and no strings attached.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/exposed-rico-swavey-caught-on-top-of.html

Politics / Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by 10Ebisco: 12:58pm On May 02, 2018
The Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, says the issue of impeaching President Muhammadu Buhari has been laid to rest.

Lawan said the United States, US, President, Donald Trump’s confirmation that his country received $496m from Nigeria for fighter jets, has put the issue of impeaching Buhari to rest.

Speaking with Daily Trust, the Senator noted that impeaching the president holds no weight because “we didn’t lose money as a country.”

The lawmaker insisted that Buhari cannot be impeached for taking an “action to save Nigerians.”

According to Lawan, “I don’t know what the committee will report. I will rather guess but this committee is a representative of the senate and indeed the national assembly. So, since it has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US treasury and President Trump has also confirmed it, I think this has laid the matter to rest.

“I’m not sure there was any serious motion for the impeachment of the President. If anybody did that, I’m sure the person misunderstood the entire process of parliamentary scrutiny

“My understanding of parliamentary scrutiny is to ensure that no public resources and money are lost. The release of $496m for the purchase of Super Tucano by the President has shown that no money was lost; more especially when the President of the US, Donald Trump, in discussion with the president said the American government is in receipt of the money. That goes further to confirm that we didn’t lose money as a country.

“So we really have not lost anything and I think this should give consolation to everybody because the fear will always be that someone took advantage and money was lost.

“How can we impeach the president for taking action to save Nigerians? It has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US government.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/why-senate-cant-impeach-buhari-senator.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Politics / I Still Have A Lot Work To Do – Buhari by 10Ebisco: 7:58am On May 02, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted that his administration still has a lot of work to do.

The President noted that his administration needed to build on the gains it had made in fighting terrorism in the North-East and in attaining peace in the Niger-Delta region.

Buhari made this known in an opinion he wrote, which was published by NewsWeek on Monday, to coincide with his official visits to the United States where he met President Donald Trump.

The Nigerian leader said climate change, amplified by rapidly growing population, was another challenge his administration was facing head-on.

“We are working hard to resolve these challenges – through improved law enforcement, peace- building efforts and necessary reforms in the management of our land and water resources.

“Last December, Nigeria became the first African country to issue Sovereign Domestic Green Bond to raise financing for clean energy infrastructure.

“Our commitment to restoring Nigeria to the path of growth and development is not in doubt.

“I am enormously confident that we can continue to count on the friendship and support of the American government and people, as we work to fulfil our vision of a Nigeria – Africa’s largest economy and most populous country – that is secure , stable and prosperous,” Buhari said.

The President disclosed that in the last two years , his administration had committed over $ 1 bn to upgrading road infrastructure, adding that a significant infrastructure initiative to modernise major national highways and complete the development of a 3 ,050MW hydroelectric power project had been established.

Buhari went further to explain that in addition to concession arrangement with an international consortium, his government had completed a $900m rail network linking Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, to one of the key agriculture hubs in the North; commenced construction of a $ 1 .2 bn standard gauge line to facilitate trade and travel between the commercial capital city of Lagos and two major cities in the south ; and was set to inaugurate West Africa’s first intra – city light rail projects in Abuja.

Buhari recalled that the US was one of the first countries he visited after he was inaugurated as President in 2015.

He described the trip as a necessary one aimed at rebuilding what “was at the time a troubled relationship” between the two countries.

He added, “I am pleased to note the success of the rapprochement; nowhere has the impact of this been more visible than in the remarkable progress we have made, with American support, in the fight against Boko Haram.

“Before my administration assumed office, the terrorist group controlled an area the size of Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut combined.

“Today, they are a substantially degraded force, with a capacity limited largely to cowardly attacks on soft targets.

“The Global Terrorism Index report for 2017 indicated that the number of terrorism-related deaths in Nigeria attributed to Boko Haram dropped by 80 per cent in 2016.

“An arms sales embargo imposed on Nigeria by the US government during my predecessor’s time in office has since been lifted. When President Trump and I spoke on the telephone in February 2017, he expressed full support for the sale of US- built A – 29 Super Tucano aircraft to Nigeria, to boost the capacity of the Nigerian Air Force to respond decisively to the threat of terrorism and banditry.

“That deal has now been finalised; I expect that we will continue to enjoy similar levels of the US enthusiasm in our security cooperation.

“Only two weeks ago , our two armed forces collaborated to host in Abuja, Nigeria, the largest gathering of African Army chiefs to discuss cooperation aimed at improving security on the continent.”

Buhari said his administration came to office on the back of a three- pronged agenda: “To secure the country, rebuild the economy and to determinedly fight corruption – “the biggest single threat to development and the prosperity of our Nigerians.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/i-still-have-lot-work-to-do-buhari.html

1 Like

Politics / The Way Ouit: A Clarion Call For Coalition For Nigeria Movement by 10Ebisco: 5:18pm On May 01, 2018
THE WAY OUT: A CLARION CALL FOR COALITION FOR NIGERIA MOVEMENT
Special Press Statement
By
President Olusegun Obasanjo

Since we are still in the month of January, it is appropriate to wish all Nigerians Happy 2018. I am constrained to issue this special statement at this time considering the situation of the country. Some of you may be asking, “What has brought about this special occasion of Obasanjo issuing a Special Statement?” You will be right to ask such a question. But there is a Yoruba saying that ‘when lice abound in your clothes, your fingernails will never be dried of blood’. When I was in the village, to make sure that lice die, you put them between two fingernails and press hard to ensure they die and they always leave blood stains on the fingernails. To ensure you do not have blood on your fingernails, you have to ensure that lice are not harboured anywhere within your vicinity.

The lice of poor performance in government – poverty, insecurity, poor economic management, nepotism, gross dereliction of duty, condonation of misdeed – if not outright encouragement of it, lack of progress and hope for the future, lack of national cohesion and poor management of internal political dynamics and widening inequality – are very much with us today. With such lice of general and specific poor performance and crying poverty with us, our fingers will not be dry of ‘blood’.

Four years ago when my PDP card was torn, I made it abundantly clear that I quit partisan politics for aye but my concern and interest in Nigeria, Africa and indeed in humanity would not wane. Ever since, I have adhered strictly to that position. Since that time, I have devoted quality time to the issue of zero hunger as contained in Goal No. 2 of the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN. We have set the target that Nigeria with the participating States in the Zero Hunger Forum should reach Zero Hunger goal by 2025 – five years earlier than the UN target date. I am involved in the issue of education in some States and generally in the issue of youth empowerment and employment. I am involved in all these domestically and altruistically to give hope and future to the seemingly hopeless and those in despair. I believe strongly that God has endowed Nigeria so adequately that no Nigerian should be either in want or in despair.

I believe in team work and collaborative efforts. At the international level, we have worked with other world leaders to domicile the apparatus for monitoring and encouraging socio-economic progress in Africa in our Presidential Library. The purpose of Africa Progress Group, which is the new name assumed by Africa Progress Panel (APP), is to point out where, when and what works need to be done for the progress of Africa separately and collectively by African leaders and their development partners. I have also gladly accepted the invitation of the UN Secretary-General to be a member of his eighteen-member High-Level Board of Advisers on Mediation. There are other assignments I take up in other fora for Africa and for the international community. For Africa to move forward, Nigeria must be one of the anchor countries, if not the leading anchor country. It means that Nigeria must be good at home to be good outside. No doubt, our situation in the last decade or so had shown that we are not good enough at home; hence we are invariably absent at the table that we should be abroad.

All these led me to take the unusual step of going against my own political Party, PDP, in the last general election to support the opposite side. I saw that action as the best option for Nigeria. As it has been revealed in the last three years or so, that decision and the subsequent collective decision of Nigerians to vote for a change was the right decision for the nation. For me, there was nothing personal, it was all in the best interest of Nigeria and, indeed, in the best interest of Africa and humanity at large. Even the horse rider then, with whom I maintain very cordial, happy and social relationship today has come to realise his mistakes and regretted it publicly and I admire his courage and forthrightness in this regard. He has a role to play on the side line for the good of Nigeria, Africa and humanity and I will see him as a partner in playing such a role nationally and internationally, but not as a horse rider in Nigeria again.

The situation that made Nigerians to vote massively to get my brother Jonathan off the horse is playing itself out again. First, I thought I knew the point where President Buhari is weak and I spoke and wrote about it even before Nigerians voted for him and I also did vote for him because at that time it was a matter of “any option but Jonathan” (aobj). But my letter to President Jonathan titled: “Before It Is Too Late” was meant for him to act before it was too late. He ignored it and it was too late for him and those who goaded him into ignoring the voice of caution. I know that praise-singers and hired attackers may be raised up against me for verbal or even physical attack but if I can withstand undeserved imprisonment and was ready to shed my blood by standing for Nigeria, I will consider no sacrifice too great to make for the good of Nigeria at any time. No human leader is expected to be personally strong or self-sufficient in all aspects of governance.

I knew President Buhari before he became President and said that he is weak in the knowledge and understanding of the economy but I thought that he could make use of good Nigerians in that area that could help. Although, I know that you cannot give what you don’t have and that economy does not obey military order. You have to give it what it takes in the short-, medium- and long-term. Then, it would move. I know his weakness in understanding and playing in the foreign affairs sector and again, there are many Nigerians that could be used in that area as well. They have knowledge and experience that could be deployed for the good of Nigeria. There were serious allegations of round-tripping against some inner caucus of the Presidency which would seem to have been condoned. I wonder if such actions do not amount to corruption and financial crime, then what is it? Culture of condonation and turning blind eye will cover up rather than clean up. And going to justice must be with clean hands.

I thought President Buhari would fight corruption and insurgency and he must be given some credit for his achievement so far in these two areas although it is not yet uhuru!

The herdsmen/crop farmers issue is being wittingly or unwittingly allowed to turn sour and messy. It is no credit to the Federal Government that the herdsmen rampage continues with careless abandon and without finding an effective solution to it. And it is a sad symptom of insensitivity and callousness that some Governors, a day after 73 victims were being buried in a mass grave in Benue State without condolence, were jubilantly endorsing President Buhari for a second term! The timing was most unfortunate. The issue of herdsmen/crop farmers dichotomy should not be left on the political platform of blame game; the Federal Government must take the lead in bringing about solution that protects life and properties of herdsmen and crop farmers alike and for them to live amicably in the same community.

But there are three other areas where President Buhari has come out more glaringly than most of us thought we knew about him. One is nepotic deployment bordering on clannishness and inability to bring discipline to bear on errant members of his nepotic court. This has grave consequences on performance of his government to the detriment of the nation. It would appear that national interest was being sacrificed on the altar of nepotic interest. What does one make of a case like that of Maina: collusion, condonation, ineptitude, incompetence, dereliction of responsibility or kinship and friendship on the part of those who should have taken visible and deterrent disciplinary action? How many similar cases are buried, ignored or covered up and not yet in the glare of the media and the public? The second is his poor understanding of the dynamics of internal politics. This has led to wittingly or unwittingly making the nation more divided and inequality has widened and become more pronounced. It also has effect on general national security. The third is passing the buck. For instance, blaming the Governor of the Central Bank for devaluation of the naira by 70% or so and blaming past governments for it, is to say the least, not accepting one’s own responsibility. Let nobody deceive us, economy feeds on politics and because our politics is depressing, our economy is even more depressing today. If things were good, President Buhari would not need to come in. He was voted to fix things that were bad and not engage in the blame game. Our Constitution is very clear, one of the cardinal responsibilities of the President is the management of the economy of which the value of the naira forms an integral part. Kinship and friendship that place responsibility for governance in the hands of the unelected can only be deleterious to good government and to the nation.

President Buhari’s illness called for the sympathy, understanding, prayer and patience from every sane Nigerian. It is part of our culture. Most Nigerians prayed for him while he was away sick in London for over hundred days and he gave his Deputy sufficient leeway to carry on in his absence. We all thanked God for President Buhari for coming back reasonably hale and hearty and progressing well in his recovery. But whatever may be the state of President Buhari’s health today, he should neither over-push his luck nor over-tax the patience and tolerance of Nigerians for him, no matter what his self-serving, so-called advisers, who would claim that they love him more than God loves him and that without him, there would be no Nigeria say. President Buhari needs a dignified and honourable dismount from the horse. He needs to have time to reflect, refurbish physically and recoup and after appropriate rest, once again, join the stock of Nigerian leaders whose experience, influence, wisdom and outreach can be deployed on the side line for the good of the country. His place in history is already assured. Without impaired health and strain of age, running the affairs of Nigeria is a 25/7 affair, not 24/7.

I only appeal to brother Buhari to consider a deserved rest at this point in time and at this age. I continue to wish him robust health to enjoy his retirement from active public service. President Buhari does not necessarily need to heed my advice. But whether or not he heeds it, Nigeria needs to move on and move forward.

I have had occasion in the past to say that the two main political parties – APC and PDP – were wobbling. I must reiterate that nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. If anything, I am reinforced in my conviction. The recent show of PDP must give grave and great concern to lovers of Nigeria. To claim, as has been credited to the chief kingmaker of PDP, that for procuring the Supreme Court judgement for his faction of the Party, he must dictate the tune all the way and this is indeed fraught with danger. If neither APC nor PDP is a worthy horse to ride to lead Nigeria at this crucial and critical time, what then do we do? Remember Farooq Kperogi, an Associate Professor at the Kennesaw State University, Georgia, United States, calls it “a cruel Hobson’s choice; it’s like a choice between six and half a dozen, between evil and evil. Any selection or deflection would be a distinction without a difference.” We cannot just sit down lamenting and wringing our hands desperately and hopelessly.

I believe the situation we are in today is akin to what and where we were in at the beginning of this democratic dispensation in 1999. The nation was tottering. People became hopeless and saw no bright future in the horizon. It was all a dark cloud politically, economically and socially. The price of oil at that time was nine dollars per barrel and we had a debt overhang of about $35 billion. Most people were confused with lack of direction in the country. One of the factors that saved the situation was a near government of national unity that was put in place to navigate us through the dark cloud. We had almost all hands on deck. We used people at home and from the diaspora and we navigated through the dark cloud of those days. At that time, most people were hopelessly groping in the dark. They saw no choice, neither in the left nor in the right, and yet we were not bereft of people at home and from the diaspora that could come together to make Nigeria truly a land flowing with milk and honey. Where we are is a matter of choice but we can choose differently to make a necessary and desirable change, once again.

Wherever I go, I hear Nigerians complaining, murmuring in anguish and anger. But our anger should not be like the anger of the cripple. We can collectively save ourselves from the position we find ourselves. It will not come through self-pity, fruitless complaint or protest but through constructive and positive engagement and collective action for the good of our nation and ourselves and our children and their children. We need moral re-armament and engaging togetherness of people of like-mind and goodwill to come solidly together to lift Nigeria up. This is no time for trading blames or embarking on futile argument and neither should we accept untenable excuses for non-performance. Let us accept that the present administration has done what it can do to the limit of its ability, aptitude and understanding. Let the administration and its political party platform agree with the rest of us that what they have done and what they are capable of doing is not good enough for us. They have given as best as they have and as best as they can give. Nigeria deserves and urgently needs better than what they have given or what we know they are capable of giving. To ask them to give more will be unrealistic and will only sentence Nigeria to a prison term of four years if not destroy it beyond the possibility of an early recovery and substantial growth. Einstein made it clear to us that doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the height of folly. Already, Nigerians are committing suicide for the unbearable socio-economic situation they find themselves in. And yet Nigerians love life. We must not continue to reinforce failure and hope that all will be well. It is self-deceit and self-defeat and another aspect of folly.

What has emerged from the opposition has shown no better promise from their antecedents. As the leader of that Party for eight years as President of Nigeria, I can categorically say there is nothing to write home about in their new team. We have only one choice left to take us out of Egypt to the promised land. And that is the coalition of the concerned and the willing – ready for positive and drastic change, progress and involvement. Change that will give hope and future to all our youth and dignity and full participation to all our women. Our youth should be empowered to deploy their ability to learn, innovate and work energetically at ideas and concepts in which they can make their own original inputs. Youth must be part of the action today and not relegated to leadership of tomorrow which may never come. Change that will mean enhancement of living standard and progress for all. A situation where the elected will accountably govern and every Nigerian will have equal opportunity not based on kinship and friendship but based on free citizenship.

Democracy is sustained and measured not by leaders doing extra-ordinary things, (invariably, leaders fail to do ordinary things very well), but by citizens rising up to do ordinary things extra-ordinarily well. Our democracy, development and progress at this juncture require ordinary citizens of Nigeria to do the extra-ordinary things of changing the course and direction of our lackluster performance and development. If leadership fails, citizens must not fail and there lies the beauty and importance of democracy. We are challenged by the current situation; we must neither adopt spirit of cowardice nor timidity let alone impotence but must be sustained by courage, determination and commitment to say and do and to persist until we achieve upliftment for Nigeria. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and we believe that our venturing will not be in vain. God of Nigeria has endowed this country adequately and our non-performance cannot be blamed on God but on leadership. God, who has given us what we need and which is potentially there, will give us leadership enablement to actualize our potentiality.

The development and modernization of our country and society must be anchored and sustained on dynamic Nigerian culture, enduring values and an enchanting Nigerian dream. We must have abiding faith in our country and its role and place within the comity of nations. Today, Nigeria needs all hands on deck. All hands of men and women of goodwill must be on deck. We need all hands to move our country forward.

We need a Coalition for Nigeria, CN. Such a Movement at this juncture needs not be a political party but one to which all well-meaning Nigerians can belong. That Movement must be a coalition for democracy, good governance, social and economic well-being and progress. Coalition to salvage and redeem our country. You can count me with such a Movement. Last time, we asked, prayed and worked for change and God granted our request. This time, we must ask, pray and work for change with unity, security and progress. And God will again grant us. Of course, nothing should stop such a Movement from satisfying conditions for fielding candidates for elections. But if at any stage the Movement wishes to metamorphose into candidate-sponsoring Movement for elections, I will bow out of the Movement because I will continue to maintain my non-partisan position. Coalition for Nigeria must have its headquarters in Abuja.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/the-way-ouit-clarion-call-for-coalition.html

Politics / Forget 2019 – CAN Tells Buhari by 10Ebisco: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Several churches and worshippers nationwide, yesterday, complied with the directive of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to protest the wanton bloodletting across the country, with a stern call on President Muhammadu Buhari to end the carnage or forget his 2019 re-election bid.

CAN directive to its members to stage a protest nationwide followed the serial killings by suspected Fulani militia groups and armed herdsmen. This year alone, more than 200 persons have been reportedly killed in various parts of the country, especially in Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa and Plateau states.

Leader of Christians in the country, Rev’d Samson Ayokunle, who spoke when he led over 2,000 worshippers in a protest within the premises of the Oritamefa Baptist Church, Ibadan, said the security situation in Nigeria, particularly the killings of Christians in cold blood was unacceptable.

Ayokunle personally carried placards with other protesters at Oritamefa Baptist Church with inscriptions such as: ‘Enough of bloodshed in Nigeria’, ‘CAN rejects FGN’s poor handling of insecurity’, ‘FG, be sensitive to families that are mourning’, ‘No more excuses for mass murder’ ‘Enough of unlawful killings in the country’’, ‘CAN says no to violent killings’, ‘FG, stop this wicked act’, ‘CAN says no to religious killings’, ‘FG, release Leah Sharibu from captivity’ and ‘Human beings are more valuable than cattles, protect human beings’.

Addressing protesters, the CAN Ayokunle said: “We, Christians all over the country are gathered and united to say no, capital NO to bloodshed in Nigeria. Since 2009, bloodshed has continued, government after government, administration after administration has been promising us not to fear and go about our business; that they are on top of the situation, but we have seen that they are never on top of it.

“Bloodshed has continued. It used to be Boko Haram alone. Now, herdsmen, especially the Fulani people have joined them and they have been killing people and decimating communities. Now, they have concentrated on Christian communities, the Middle Belt, which is majorly Christians, they have been killing and maiming and to cap it all, they have now started going into churches.

“In the last one week, they have murdered two priests inside their churches while they were conducting Mass and killed the people who came for worship. If we are still not safe in the house of God, where else do they want us to be safe?

“The Inspector General of Police is there doing nothing. We have always been hearing of unknown gunmen. When will these unknown gunmen become known? Are they spirits? Are they not human beings? What of the intelligence service of the security agencies? Why are they inept?
“Instead of them going to comb bushes to recover all these guns from the murderous herdsmen, they are going about houses and telling people who are licensed to own guns to submit them. What type of security approach is that?

“We have lost faith in the security agencies and they must sack all the security chiefs and replace them with new ones. No more bloodshed; if the bloodshed continues, this administration should forget about 2019. We cannot continue like this.Enough is enough.”

Asked if the protest was staged to call for revolution in the country, Ayokunle responded: “Well, I don’t know whether a revolution or not. But I know it is time to use our vote to say no to a government that cannot protect the citizens. My advice for the citizens is for them to be up and doing and to be circumspect, they should go and get their voters card and they should be ready to vote out a government that cannot protect them.”

He encouraged Christians living in communities prone to attacks by either Boko Haram or herdsmen to stand firm and be strong.

Last week, Catholic bishops had also called on President Buhari to step aside.

Also, Ayokunle made a case for the release of Christian girl, Leah Saribu, who was abducted by Boko Haram insurgents in Dapchi, Yobe State, but was not released with more than 100 other schoolgirls that were also kidnapped.

“Leah Saribu must not die and she must regain her freedom now. No longer tomorrow. This government will have blood on its hands if Leah Sharibu is not released with immediate effect as well as all the Chibok girls who are still in captivity. What was the magic wand they used to release the Dapchi girls who were predominantly Muslims that they couldn’t use for the Chibok girls and Leah Sharibu? That has put a question mark on the sincerity of the government and we, the Nigerian Christians are demanding the freedom of those girls without delay.”

Similarly, there was massive turn out at the National Ecumenical Centre and First Baptist Church, Area 11,Garki, Abuja.

Rev. Tom Atakpatore of the First Baptist Church, Garki, said the protest was meant to reawaken the consciousness of the government to the need to review its security strategies and perhaps introduce measures that would end the killings.

In Taraba State, where thousands of Christian across the 16 local government areas took over the streets of Jalingo in a peaceful, acting chairman of CAN, Apostle Joseph Aina said if the killings were not brought to an end urgently, “the people may be forced to do the needful” before they were totally annihilated.

He urged the people to be vigilant and remain steadfast in prayers trusting God for victory.
Worshippers in Benue State, regardless of denomination, wore black and white dresses and held peaceful protests within their churches.

Pastor Frederick Ikyaan of NKST Church at High Level area of the metropolis, said the Christian community was in mourning.

The state CAN Chairman, Revd. Akpen Leva demanded that Buhari should resign for failing to protect lives and property of Nigerians.

Leva who lamented the continued incessant killings by herdsmen insisted that the Federal Government under Buhari must take the bull by the horn and declare Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore (MAKH) a terrorist group.

While positing that ranching remained the international best practices in cattle rearing, the CAN leader lauded the state government for standing by the stance of the Benue people as regards ban on open grazing.

In Ogun State, Senior Pastor of the Faith Baptist Church Onikolobo, Abeokuta, Revd. Tunde Amusan, also led members of his congregation in a peaceful protest. The protesters who carried placards, appealed to government for prompt and decisive actions.

Amusan said the church has a responsibility to speak against evil, vices and poor governance at every level of government, noting that, “men of God should rise and speak against injustice in the land.”

In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, the Archbishop Metropolitan and Primate of all Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicholas Okoh, called on government at all levels and the various security agencies to ensure adequate security of lives and properties.

He said the responsibility to provide security rested squarely on the shoulders of the government as that was, according to him, part of the social contract it entered into with the people.
Apparently referring to the call by some prominent Nigerians for the people to defend themselves, the prelate said a situation where everybody would have to carry arms would spell doom for the country.

However, Christian community in Kano elected to pray instead of staging a protest.
Chairman of CAN, Revd Adeolu Samuel Adeyemo, who briefed the press, dismissed insituations that the action was influenced by any outside force or interest.

According to him, the resort to pray was not in disobedience of the central body’s directive, “since the original instruction was for us to pray or to protest within our churches.”

He said the Federal Government should not only look out for sponsors of killer herdsmen and bring them to justice, it should go an extra mile to secure the release of Leah Sharibu, the remaining Chibok girls as well as all those abducted by the terrorists, irrespective of their religion.
In Osun, Christians who trooped out in their large number carrying placards with different inscriptions called on Buhari to urgently find lasting solution to what they described as inhuman and barbaric acts by the perpetrators.

Pastor Femi Abiola of the Calvary Baptist Church, Osogbo, who bemoaned perpetual killings of innocent Christians and kidnapping of their children in some parts of the country, called on the Presidency to proffer urgent solution to the menace.

Pastor Olamide Kehinde of the Union Baptist Church, also expressed displeasure over the continuous security challenges, which Nigerian security operatives have not been able to surmount.
Members of the First Baptist Church, Kaduna also joined other churches nationwide to stage a peaceful protest within their premises.

The Undershepherd of the Church, Reverend Banjo Ajao said the protest became necessary to draw attention of policy makers to the unnecessary killings and abductions ravaging the country in recent times.
According to him, as a church, the peace and prosperity of Nigeria were their concern because in it laid the prosperity of its citizens, especially those that fear God and keep His commandments.
In Akure, the Ondo State capital, Christians, after close of church service took to the streets, carrying placards and asking Buhari’s government to take more actions to bring to an end the senseless killings in the country.

In Asaba, Delta State, notable leaders of CAN were absent during the peaceful protest which temporary halted free flow of traffic on a section of the dualised Okpanam Road.
But at the Divine Way Baptist Church, Asaba, worshippers armed with placards assembled in front of the church building along Okpanam Road in the capital city.

Although, the leaders of the church did not speak, inscriptions on the placards shed light on their grievances. Some of them read: ‘Christianity is not a crime’, ‘A wicked leader brings sorrow to his people’, ‘No one’s political interest is worth shedding of innocent blood’, ‘No religion is superior to others’, ‘Government must stop Fulani herdsmen attacks’, ‘The killings must stop now’, ‘Enough is enough, no more herdsmen killings’ among others.

Also reacting, former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi lamented that the spate of killing and bombing were classical cases of the desecration of the human life and bad narrative about Nigeria.

“I was attending an international event in London when a highly-placed British official that was at a conference with me showed me the news as published on social media. Though I felt humiliated being shown such news by a non-Nigerian, nonetheless, I Immediately called home and confirmed it. The Briton, even though he was most courteous, told me the impression such killings have on international community. He said that nobody would like to invest in a country with such proclivity for taking of lives without compunction,” Obi said.

He called on government to act quickly and seriously to stop the killings, which he noted would be scary to even local investors and injurious to Nigerian’s economy.
Besides, Obi said, the incessant killings was a negation of the fundamental freedom of worship, association and movement as well as put a question mark on our unity as a country.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/forget-2019-can-tells-buhari.html

Politics / Jonathan’s Ex-aide, Omokri Reveals Those Paying Herdsmen Killing Nigerians by 10Ebisco: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2018
Reno Omokri, former President Goodluck Jonathan’s ex-aide, has claimed that members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, paid money to herdsmen killing Nigerians.

Omokri made the claim while reacting to Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information’s claim on the activities of Boko Haram during Jonathan’s administration.

Mohammed had said the insurgents strolled into Abuja, the nation’s capital at will, attacking critical infrastructure during the administration of Jonathan.

Reacting to the Minister’s claim, Omokri deceived Mohammed as a liar.

The former presidential aide insisted that the current government had not done much to curb the killings by herdsmen.

In a tweet, Omokri said, “What nonsense is Lai Mohammed saying that Boko Haram strolled into Abuja at will while Jonathan was President.

“Lai should tell the world what is happening with herdsmen who kill Nigerians at will and instead of protecting Nigerians. APC officials pay them money. Am I lying?”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/jonathans-ex-aide-omokri-reveals-those.html

1 Share

Politics / Buhari Arrives Washington To Meet With Donald Trump by 10Ebisco: 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday arrived Joint Base Andrews Airport, Washington ahead of his bilateral meeting with US President, Donald Trump.

The President’s arrival was confirmed by his Personal Assistant on New Media, Engagement Unit, Bashir Ahmad.

A tweet from the presidential aide read, “President @MBuhari has just arrived the Joint Base Andrews Airport, Washington ahead of his bilateral meeting with President @realDonaldTrump tomorrow.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/buhari-arrives-washington-to-meet-with.html

Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Tells Nigerians To Get Their Pvcs For Positive Change by 10Ebisco: 6:13am On Apr 29, 2018
Atiku threatens to investigate Buhari’s administration

Ademola Babalola in Ibadan and John Shiklam in Kaduna

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, tasked Nigerians to brace up for the 2019 general elections and get their Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs) to effect a positive and desired change for the betterment of the country.

Obasanjo spoke at the official launch of the Coalition of Nigerian Movement (CNM) during a rally attended by the CNM National Coordinator, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola. Also at the rally were Chief Ahmed Raji SAN; a former deputy governor of the state, Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja; two former Secretaries to the State Government, Chief Olayiwola Olakojo and Mr. Dele Adigun; a former council chairman, Mr. Gbenga Adewusi; and the CNM coordinators across the 33 local governments and 351 wards of the state.

Obasanjo’s veiled reference to the need to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 coincided with the declaration by his former deputy, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, that he would investigate arms procurement by the Buhari administration, if he won the presidential election in 2019.

The Ibadan event, where Obasanjo relaunched his move against Buhari, was declared open by Oyinlola. In his welcome address, Oyinlola said the CNM had opened talks with some political parties ahead of the general election. He said over three million Nigerians had registered with the movement since the former president registered in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, few weeks ago.

Obasanjo, who spoke intermittently in English and Yoruba languages that drew applause from the joyful participants, was clad in the CNM attire. He said the movement had started doing things differently. He, therefore, changed its slogan to forthwith read, “CNM for the youths, CNM for the Women and CNM for Nigeria.”

The former president recalled how the 2015 presidential election was won, saying, “If anybody wants Nigeria’s current situation to continue the way it is today, then his head has to be examined. And some people are still saying that this situation should continue. God, the Almighty, will not allow them to have their way; we will neither suffer nor shall we be put to shame.”

Referring to his January 23 statement in which he called on Buhari to step down for lack of performance, Obasanjo said the call was made due to the fact that Nigeria could not continue to totter. He explained that his call emanated from wide-ranging consultations with well-meaning Nigerians.

“I belief at my age I should not continue to complain without finding solutions to the situation in which we have found ourselves. But we can’t do it alone. We will work with all those who are not with those who are not performing. When that time comes, we will tell you the platform,” he said.

He warned that the task ahead was enormous and required concerted efforts.

According to him, “Don’t ever think it will be easy. Tough times never last only the tough people do, and men and women born of noble birth don’t fear any war. It won’t be easy to salvage Nigeria from those profiting from its poor state and current situation but God who did it yesterday, will do it again for us.”

He also spoke on Buhari’s controversial statement about the youth at the recently concluded Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London. Obasanjo said contrary to the president’s claim, Nigerian youths were resilient and hardworking folks, and they could be the best they could if they had half of the opportunities he and a number of elders had in their growing years.

“Give them a small opportunity to excel, they will perform miracle, especially if we are able to give them 50 per cent of what we enjoyed while growing up,” he said.

Concluding, he told his audience, “Get your PVC, it is the instrument and key to chase them away and open the door ahead of us. PVC is the key to open the door. Don’t be intimidated. For me, I don’t think there is anybody in this Nigeria who can intimidate me. I have seen a lot; sent to prison and weathered the storm altogether. So registration is important for all of us.”

Atiku Threatens to Investigate Buhari Administration

In a related development, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said he would investigate the procurement of arms by the Buhari administration. Atiku explained that it was necessary to review the length of time it had taken to fight Boko Haram terrorists and why not much success had been achieved.

The former vice president, who spoke to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service yesterday, wondered why after eight years of engaging the terrorists, the war had not ended.

“I want to be the president of Nigeria because I would be able to do things I could not do as vice president. I will investigate how the government was unable to defeat Boko Haram for years. I will also investigate the procurement of arms bought by this administration,” he told the foreign radio service.

Atiku, who said he was not desperate to become the president of Nigeria, also revealed why he parted ways with Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), which he helped to bring to power.

Dismissing insinuations that he was desperate to be president, Atiku maintained that he would have contested for the position in 2003 when all the governors rejected the then president, Obasanjo, and wanted him to contest.

He said, “I am not desperate to be president of Nigeria. If you have been following political developments in Nigeria, I didn’t start aspiring to be president today.

“You will recall that in 1993, I contested with the late MKO Abiola, but I stepped down for him and he won, even though at that time it was not my wish to contest, it was our party leaders who asked me to contest.

“In 1999, after I was elected governor (of Adamawa State), I was asked to be Vice President to Obasanjo and we spent eight years in office. In 2007, Obasanjo didn’t want me to contest, but I wanted to prove to him that I have the right to contest, so I contested to prove my right.

“All these were at the preliminary stages, until 2007 when I contested for the presidential primaries.

“If I were desperate to be president, I would not have stepped down for Abiola in 1993.

“Secondly, you recall that in 2003, all the governors said they didn’t like Obasanjo and asked me to contest. If I am desperate, I would have contested.”

Explaining why he was interesting in 2019, Abubakar said having been vice president for eight years, he knew what ought to be done to move the country forward, but as vice president he couldn’t do them.

He spoke about boosting the economy, creating an attractive environment for investors, and creation of jobs to tackle unemployment.

On why he parted ways with Buhari and the APC, Abubakar recalled that after the elections in 2015, he met the president and told him of the need to restructure the party to address the challenges facing it. He added that he advised the president on some aspects of his government but Buhari did not say anything.

“I told him that if things continued like this, I will quit but he didn’t say anything. In this administration, there are some people that are doing things that are not right but they are being protected by the government,” Atiku said.

He said if he was elected president in 2019, 40 per cent of his cabinet ministers will be youths.

The former vice president also reacted to the controversy over the federal government and Intels Nigeria Limited, a company which he has stakes in, saying he was not worried about the matter as he was not part of the company’s management.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/2019-obasanjo-tells-nigerians-to-get.html

Celebrities / Chimamanda Adiche Slays In Dazzling Photos by 10Ebisco: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adiche has been captured in new photos as she slays in new dazzling photos

Irrespective of the criticisms received by foreigners and even her own country, in recent times, Chimamanda has remained unhitched and unstoppable, making her endeared by those who see her as a role model

The renowned feminist who came under heavy criticism over the question she asked former U.S presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton reacted notwithstanding to the condemnation that trailed the question, rather positively

Below are some of the released photos of one of the strongest Nigerian women endowed with beauty and brains, who has tested the waters of struggle, but remain undaunted;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/chimamanda-adiche-slays-in-dazzling.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.