Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12452 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Quoting wikipedia?

When did simple referencing a basic encyclopedia end up being the same as quoting people when one cant make an argument?

You lie and spin so much
....And who wrote the encyclopedia? inanimate objects?

When did simple referencing to another person's argument suddenly imply that one is somehow unintelligent?

If it shows anything, It show that Enigma reads wide. I think you should be more concerned with the point he is making than the fact that he is referencing someone else.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 03, 2013
obadiah777: NEITHER WILL GETTING RID OF RELIGION SOLVE AFRICAS PROBLEMS SO I DONT SEE THE POINT OF THE THREAD undecided .

It will solve religious problems.

However, it is not my wish to ban religion. That violates freedom of expression.

Anyways, we know what a society without religion looks like. Japan, Sweden etc. Very advanced and peaceful nations
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Sometimes I wonder whether Nairaland atheists have the capacity to process data in a logical fashion , and produce arguments that make sense grin

But then again , maybe it is too much to expect from them , they are indeed a bundle of contradiction and confusion.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
When did simple referencing to another person's argument suddenly imply that one is somehow unintelligent? If it shows anything, It show that Enigma reads wide.

Continuously quoting others to make a point when you are challenged is a clear sign of intellectual bankruptcy.

I don't know what Enigma reads but he isnt showing signs of an articulate debater.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel: Sometimes I wonder whether Nairaland atheists have the capacity to process data in a logical fashion , and produce arguments that make sense grin

But then again , maybe it is too much to expect from them , they are indeed a bundle of contradiction and confusion.

Frosbel? Did you really make that statement? How are you alive after such a statement? Such hypocrisy would have killed a rational person by now.

Have you looked at the nonsensical arguments you and your christian cohorts have been putting forward? Who are the people asking for tithes or defending witch slappers? Are they atheists?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by debosky(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Anyways, we know what a society without religion looks like. Japan, Sweden etc. Very advanced and peaceful nations

How can you call Japan a society without religion? Or are Japanese not adherents to Shintoism and Bhuddism? Like I said, don't let facts get in the way of atheistic claptrap. You should change your name to illogicalboy. cheesy
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Continuously quoting others to make a point when you are challenged is a clear sign of intellectual bankruptcy.

I don't know what Enigma reads but he isnt showing signs of an articulate debater.

I tried to keep out of this , but the ignorance and hypocrisy of Nairaland atheists is truly baffling.

Allow me first to commend Mr. Anony for his patience and maturity when debating with creatures like you !

You are guilty as someone mentioned , of the same sins you accuse others of, such as intolerance to the belief system of others, brainwashing the gullible with your confused brand of militant atheism, and quite honestly , the nonsense your propound in the name of intellectual arguments.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

It will solve religious problems.

However, it is not my wish to ban religion. That violates freedom of expression.

Anyways, we know what a society without religion looks like. Japan, Sweden etc. [b ] Very advanced [/b]and peaceful nations
ITS A GOOD THING THE LORD MADE YOU A MAN SO AS TO COVER THE SHAME OF YOUR TRUE NATURE. YOU ARE A GOLD-DIGGER AT HEART. AND A COVETOUS PERSON. YOUR ONLY REASON FOR ATHEISM IS BASED ON THE MATERIAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS ATHEIST COUNTRIES. YOU ARE NOT TRULY AN ATHEIST AT HEART. YOU ARE JUST A COVETOUS GOLD DIGGER. SAME WITH ALL OTHER AFRICAN ATHEISTS. *SMDH*
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol, really?

I don't agree with you. I find him quite fascinating and bright really.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, really?

I don't agree with you. I find him quite fascinating and bright really.

Of course, you would. Not surprising
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2013
obadiah777: ITS A GOOD THING THE LORD MADE YOU A MAN SO AS TO COVER THE SHAME OF YOUR TRUE NATURE. YOU ARE A GOLD-DIGGER AT HEART. AND A COVETOUS PERSON. YOUR ONLY REASON FOR ATHEISM IS BASED ON THE MATERIAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS ATHEIST COUNTRIES. YOU ARE NOT TRULY AN ATHEIST AT HEART. YOU ARE JUST A COVETOUS GOLD DIGGER. SAME WITH ALL OTHER AFRICAN ATHEISTS. *SMDH*

I don turn Ashawo abi? grin

Gold-digger? lmao
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Of course, you would. Not surprising
Yes I do. . . . .and by the way I haven't seen your reason for the lies you told against Chritianity a few posts back
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2013
***sees bullets and bombs flying about. Carries Garri and exits thread***
Na so una dey vex reach? shocked shocked shocked Na so una dey carry una talk reach? nobody for here fit talk objectively? shocked shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

I tried to keep out of this , but the ignorance and hypocrisy of Nairaland atheists is truly baffling.

Allow me first to commend Mr. Anony for his patience and maturity when debating with creatures like you !

You are guilty as someone mentioned , of the same sins you accuse others of, such as intolerance to the belief system of others, brainwashing the gullible with your confused brand of militant atheism, and quite honestly , the nonsense your propound in the name of intellectual arguments.

Brainwashing?

What do I tell people to do? I tell them to look at the evidence

You and your pastors keep people in bandage by teling them not to look at anywhere else than the bible and religion so that they can pay you tithes and offerings
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yes I do. . . . .and by the way[b] I haven't seen your reason for the lies you told against Chritianity a few posts back[/b]

Back to baseless accusations, I see?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

How can you call Japan a society without religion? Or are Japanese not adherents to Shintoism and Bhuddism? Like I said, don't let facts get in the way of atheistic claptrap. You should change your name to illogicalboy. cheesy

64% of Japanese do not believe in God.

Many of them associate with the religion of their family culturally but are not religious.

Google is there to help you understand this fact
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by UyiIredia(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2013
Africa can as well move forward with religion.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I don turn Ashawo abi? grin

Gold-digger? lmao
LETS JUST SAY YOU CANT HANDLE BEEN A WOMAN. TO BE A VIRTUOUS WOMAN IS STRENGTH. WITH YOUR KIND OF NATURE, ALWAYS POINTING AND ADMIRING THE NEXT BEST THING AND SCREAMING ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE BETTER THINGS, AND CHANGING TO THE RELIGION OF THOSE WHO HAVE BETTER THINGS, LETS JUST SAY WITH THIS YOUR ATTITUDE, IF YOU WERE A WOMAN, YOU WILL BE YANSHING EVERY TOM -D-ICK AND HARRY FOR RECHARGE CARD undecided
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Africa can as well move forward with religion.

without*

grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Back to baseless accusations, I see?

You mean baseless accusations like these:

Logicboy03:

Your chrsitianity has positive effects like charity and love but the negative effects are;

-destruction of culture (our local shrines that could serve as tourist centres being destroyed by chrsitians)
-witch beating or slapping (oyedepo comes to mind)
-tithe fraud
Please show from scripture how the above are characteristics of Christianity.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
When did simple referencing to another person's argument suddenly imply that one is somehow unintelligent? If it shows anything, It show that Enigma reads wide.

Bros you should read that thread where they were hailing chukwudi and then you'd see the hypocrisy in its full glory. I tried hard to avoid argumentation by quotation but because chukwudi insisted on producing quotes, a couple of them came to make digs at me ---- until I now showed them that I had more quotes than they could shake a stick at.

https://www.nairaland.com/1083381/apostle-peter-principle-inclusivity-via/2

I generally avoid getting involved with logicboy because of his rudeness and lack of manners; however, let me show one other example of hypocrisy. In one thread like that he and another poster were again insulting others and going on about "separation of church and state"; when I then explained the concept properly and showed that they were really ignorant, the fella said "I don't know why we are arguing over separation of church and state." Something that THEY brought up in the first place! smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/13#11004083

And this is the person saying I cannot make an argument. lol smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 03, 2013
obadiah777: LETS JUST SAY YOU CANT HANDLE BEEN A WOMAN. TO BE A VIRTUOUS WOMAN IS STRENGTH. WITH YOUR KIND OF NATURE, ALWAYS POINTING AND ADMIRING THE NEXT BEST THING AND SCREAMING ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE BETTER THINGS, AND CHANGING TO THE RELIGION OF THOSE WHO HAVE BETTER THINGS, LETS JUST SAY WITH THIS YOUR ATTITUDE, IF YOU WERE A WOMAN, YOU WILL BE YANSHING EVERY TOM -D-ICK AND HARRY FOR RECHARGE CARD undecided

lol.....

Ehem, so you are lecturing me while living in Isreal? lolz
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

I generally avoid getting involved with logicboy because of his rudeness and lack of manners; however, let me show one other example of hypocrisy. In one thread like that he and another poster were again insulting others and going on about "separation of church and state"; when I then explained the concept properly and showed that they were really ignorant, the fella said "I don't know why we are arguing over separation of church and state." smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/13#11004083

And this is the person saying I cannot make an argument. lol smiley

lol......you had to add your spin to my comment? There is nothing wrong with my comment.

Anyways keep avoiding me. It's better for both of us, seeing that you carry some resentment for me due to some past butthurt you received courtesy of my debunking
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03: lol......you had to add your spin to my comment? There is nothing wrong with my comment.

Anyways keep avoiding me. It's better for both of us, seeing that you carry some resentment for me due to some past butthurt you received courtesy of my debunking

The reason I avoid you is simply to prevent me from directing my insults to your father; like I have told you before, when you insult me, what I see is you insulting your father. smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

The reason I avoid you is simply to prevent me from directing my insults to your father; like I have told you before, when you insult me,what I see is you insulting your father. smiley

Please, everybody can you see a righteous christian in action? Bringing my father into discussions?

I give up lipsrsealed
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Many of them associate with the religion of their family culturally but are not religious.

Lol, another common lie.

Japan: Shintoism 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, other 7.8%
note: total adherents exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism

-CIA world fact book(2005)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, another common lie.

note: total adherents exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism

You think Logicboy cares about facts ? Try again !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, another common lie.

sad

Havent I explained the issue of census long ago to you in another thread? Take a look at the bold in my comment

Logicboy03:

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

You think Logicboy cares about facts ? Try again !

How many times will I correct people on this notion on the problem of polls and religion?

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Wakes up to see thread's 5 pages long, without making front page.. cheesy

*goes to bathroom to brush, will be back with my comments*
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, everybody can you see a righteous christian in action? Bringing my father into discussions?

I give up lipsrsealed
Oh shut up already. It is clear he is restraining himself from stooping down to your level.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Oh shut up already. It is clear he is restraining himself from stooping down to your level.

lol and did I bring his father into the discussion? How is that my level?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? / How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.