Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12449 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....

Ehem, so you are lecturing me while living in Isreal? lolz
LOL DUNNO WHERE YOU GOT THIS IDEA THAT I LIVE IN ISRAEL. ANYWAY SO I HAVE SEEN REAL PROPER ATHEISTS AND THE WAY THEY SYSTEMATICALLY BREAK DOWN WHY IT IS THAT THERE CANT BE A GOD. VERY IMPRESSIVE, ALBEIT IRRATIONAL AND S-TUPID. BUT I GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THEIR EFFORT. HOWEVER WHEN I LISTEN TO YOUR JUSTIFICATION FOR ATHEISM, THEY GO ALONG THE LINES OF
1-ATHEIST COUNTRIES ARE RICHER
2- THEY HAVE MORE IPODS AND IPADS AND IPHONES
3-THEY HAVE BETTER CARS
4-THEY HAVE MORE TECHNOLOGY
5-THEY ARE MORE PEACEFUL ( WHICH IS MATERIALISM INDUCED MYOPIA BECAUSE ALL THE WORLD PROBLEMS IS CAUSED BY ATHEIST COUNTRIES. THEY DONT POLLUTE WHERE THEY LIVE BUT GO TO TOHER COUNTRIES AND PIT PEOPLE AGAINST EACH OTHER SO THAT IN THE MIDST OF THE DIVISION AND THE WEAKNESS THAT ENSUES, THEY CAN STEAL ALL THE RESOURCES. SO BASICALLY YOU ARE BLINDED BY YOUR GOLD-DIGGING LOVE FOR ATHEIST COUNTRIES THAT YOU CANT SEE THAT ALL THE WARS IN THE WORLD ARE CAUSED BY THEM. EVEN BOKO HARAM )
6-ATHEIST COUNTRIES HAVE BETTER CLOTHES
7-ATHEIST COUNTRIES HAVE MORE FOOD <<<<<<<THESE ARE YOUR ARGUMENTS FOR ATHEISM. HARDLY A PLETHORA OF INTELLECTUAL O-RGY BUT CHILDISH PSYCHOBABBLE grin grin grin I DONE TOLD YOU LOGICBOY, GET OUT OF THE DARKNESS AND INTO THE LIGHT BECAUSE THAT DARKNESS DONT SUIT YOU.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by debosky(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
64% of Japanese do not believe in God.

Many of them associate with the religion of their family culturally but are not religious.

Google is there to help you understand this fact

Let's accept this statement as factual - is 64% equivalent to ' a society without religion'?? Or do you need to be educated on the meaning of the word 'without'? undecided What about the remaining 36% that do believe in God? Have they been excised from Japanese society?

Like I said, you need to change your name to illogicalboy - your presistent displays of irrational and illogical behaviour clearly warrants such a change.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy

Is the bible written today, Tithe and offering has been from centuries ago, because some pastor know uses it for their own selfish gains doesn't mean christianity is enslaving people. You say christianity is guilty of discrimination, like seriously Don't just say whatever you want to say to feel good, like you said, just check the evidence yourself.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Oahray: 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Anyways, we know what a society without religion looks like. Japan, Sweden etc. Very advanced and peaceful nations
Hehehe... Now this is what I call hawking ignorance grin grin grin

Japan is not without religion mr man. Ever heard of Shinto?

Sweden has a state religion, the Lutheran Svenska Kyrkan.

Its true that religion has had a hand in unrest in some parts, especially Islam.
But what of religious countries in Europe like Austria and Switzerland with lower murder rates than New Zealand, and Denmark which are some of the most peaceful secular states?

What of secular states like Estonia and Latvia? Do you have any idea where they rank on the peace meter? Estonia for example has the least number of believers in God in Europe, yet they have one of the highest murder rates in Europe. The highest in Northern Europe to be precise.

If some religious countries are more peaceful than the most peaceful atheist countries...
And...
If some of the least religious states have the some of the highest violence rates and are mostly racist...

...why conclude religion is the cause and without it there would be peace? Very illogical.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
obadiah777: LOL DUNNO WHERE YOU GOT THIS IDEA THAT I LIVE IN ISRAEL. ANYWAY SO I HAVE SEEN REAL PROPER ATHEISTS AND THE WAY THEY SYSTEMATICALLY BREAK DOWN WHY IT IS THAT THERE CANT BE A GOD. VERY IMPRESSIVE, ALBEIT IRRATIONAL AND STUPID. BUT I GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THEIR EFFORT. HOWEVER WHEN I LISTEN TO YOUR JUSTIFICATION FOR ATHEISM, THEY GO ALONG THE LINES OF
1-ATHEIST COUNTRIES ARE RICHER
2- THEY HAVE MORE IPODS AND IPADS AND IPHONES
3-THEY HAVE BETTER CARS
4-THEY HAVE MORE TECHNOLOGY
5-THEY ARE MORE PEACEFUL ( WHICH IS MATERIALISM INDUCED MYOPIA BECAUSE ALL THE WORLD PROBLEMS IS CAUSED BY ATHEIST COUNTRIES. THEY DONT POLLUTE WHERE THEY LIVE BUT GO TO TOHER COUNTRIES AND PIT PEOPLE AGAINST EACH OTHER SO THAT IN THE MIDST OF THE DIVISION AND THE WEAKNESS THAT ENSUES, THEY CAN STEAL ALL THE RESOURCES. SO BASICALLY YOU ARE BLINDED BY YOUR GOLD-DIGGING LOVE FOR ATHEIST COUNTRIES THAT YOU CANT SEE THAT ALL THE WARS IN THE WORLD ARE CAUSED BY THEM. EVEN BOKO HARAM )
6-ATHEIST COUNTRIES HAVE BETTER CLOTHES
7-ATHEIST COUNTRIES HAVE MORE FOOD <<<<<<<THESE ARE YOUR ARGUMENTS FOR ATHEISM. HARDLY A PLETHORA OF INTELLECTUAL ORGY BUT CHILDISH PSYCHOBABBLE grin grin grin I DONT TOLD YOU LOGICBOY, GET OUT OF THE DARKNESS AND INTO THE LIGHT BECAUSE THAT DARKNESS DONT SUIT YOU.

lolz

Buzugee aka obadiah don open my yansh today! Kai! na me be this?

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
larride: Logicboy

Is the bible written today, Tithe and offering has been from centuries ago, because some pastor know uses it for their own selfish gains doesn't mean christianity is enslaving people. You say christianity is guilty of discrimination, like seriously Don't just say whatever you want to say to feel good, like you said, just the evidence yourself.

Read psalm 14 verse 1

Then explain how that is not discrimination
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

sad

Havent I explained the issue of census long ago to you in another thread? Take a look at the bold in my comment

perhaps I should show you a definition of Shintoism from our beloved wikipedia

The word Shinto ("Way of the Gods"wink was adopted from the written Chinese (神道, pinyin: shén dào), combining two kanji: "shin" (神?), meaning "spirit" or kami; and "tō" (道?), meaning a philosophical path or study (from the Chinese word dào). Kami are defined in English as "spirits", "essences" or "deities", that are associated with many understood formats; in some cases being human-like, in others being animistic, and others being associated with more abstract "natural" forces in the world (mountains, rivers, lightning, wind, waves, trees, rocks). Kami and people are not separate; they exist within the same world and share its interrelated complexity.

Now please tell me about this special form of atheism that believes in spirit deities and gods.

Your lies are finding you out.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

Let's accept this statement as factual - is 64% equivalent to ' a society without religion'?? Or do you need to be educated on the meaning of the word 'without'? undecided What about the remaining 36% that do believe in God? Have they been excised from Japanese society?

Like I said, you need to change your name to illogicalboy - your presistent displays of irrational and illogical behaviour clearly warrants such a change.

lolol.

The statement is factual.

There is no society without some for of religion. Clearly, anyone with a rational mind would have understood what I said to mean a secular country with no place for religion in its public affairs and majority of the peeps.

That is a common phrase
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
Oahray: Hehehe... Now this is what I call hawking ignorance grin grin grin

Japan is not without religion mr man. Ever heard of Shinto?

Sweden has a state religion, the Lutheran Svenska Kyrkan.

Its true that religion has had a hand in unrest in some parts, especially Islam.
But what of religious countries in Europe like Austria and Switzerland with lower murder rates than New Zealand, and Denmark which are some of the most peaceful secular states?

What of secular states like Estonia and Latvia? Do you have any idea where they rank on the peace meter? Estonia for example has the least number of believers in God in Europe, yet they have one of the highest murder rates in Europe. The highest in Northern Europe to be precise.

If some religious countries are more peaceful than the most peaceful atheist countries...
And...
If some of the least religious states have the some of the highest violence rates and are mostly racist...

...why conclude religion is the cause and without it there would be peace? Very illogical.

undecided

Logicboy03:

lolol.

The statement is factual.

There is no society without some for of religion. Clearly, anyone with a rational mind would have understood what I said to mean a secular country with no place for religion in its public affairs and majority of the peeps.

That is a common phrase
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
lol and did I bring his father into the discussion? How is that my level?
I have never seen him insult you. What exactly is wrong with him restraining himself from insulting your father? You don't show any restraint when you lie and insult people do you?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
perhaps I should show you a definition of Shintoism from our beloved wikipedia

Now please tell me this special form of atheism that believes in spirit deities and gods.

Your lies are finding you out.

[size=14pt]
Did you even understand my comment? Many Japanese do not follow any religion, they just tick the box of the religion of their family in polls due to culture. Same problem they had in religious polls in UK.

While shinto and Buddhism are popular in Japan, the adherents are far less than the polls say[/size]

This is to make sure that others see it and dont reuse the failed talking points again
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
Psalms 14 vs 1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Is that your own definition of discrimination. Ever heard of the word admonition?

Discrimination: is the pratice of treating a particular group in society less fairly than others. Discrimination on the grounds of race, gender or sexual orientation.

So tell me logicboy, how does that passage in the bible talks about discrimination or do discrimination has a new meaning now?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I have never seen him insult you. What exactly is wrong with him restraining himself from insulting your father? You don't show any restraint when you lie and insult people do you?

Wow.....wow....wow...threatening to insult my father is a good thing in your books.

Unfortunately for you, he has done so before. Ask him if he has insulted my dad before
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=14pt]
Did you even understand my comment? Many Japanese do not follow any religion, they just tick the box of the religion of their family in polls due to culture. Same problem they had in religious polls in UK.

While shinto and Buddhism are popular in Japan, the adherents are far less than the polls say[/size]

This is to make sure that others see it and dont reuse the failed talking points again
Lol, so your evidence is not from polls then. Where is it from?

All you have done here is make a claim and when you have been shown that your claim is false, you reply by saying that the people filled in false information about their beliefs at the polls. How do you know this for sure?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
larride: Psalms 14 vs 1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Is that your own definition of discrimination. Ever heard of the word admonition?

Discrimination: is the pratice of treating a particular group in society less fairly than others. Discrimination on the grounds of race, gender or sexual orientation.

So tell me logicboy, how does that passage in the bible talks about discrimination or do discrimination has a new meaning now?

What does that verse mean for atheists? That they are all evil fools?

Imagine I wrote a book saying that all muslism are evil fools

or that I wrote a books saying that all christians are evil fools.

~Why is it holy to say such insulting things about atheists?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lol, of course the Christians will not take any stance on the issue. They'd rather spend their time attacking the atheists.. Well, since what's being practiced today in Nigeria is neither true Christianity nor true Islam, its safe to say Nigeria's an atheistic nation.

The atheists are the cause of Nigeria's problem. There's no religion in Nigeria. Just ways of life deeply influenced by Christ or Mohammed, depending on what part of the country you grew up in.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, so your evidence is not from polls then. Where is it from?

All you have done here is make a claim and when you have been shown that your claim is false, you reply by saying that the people filled in false information about their beliefs at the polls. How do you know this for sure?

How would people know that in the first place if other polls were not taken to address the problem of the first polls or census?

[size=28pt]according to Johnstone (1993:323), 84% of the Japanese claim no personal religion. In census questionnaires, less than 15% reported any formal religious affiliation by 2000.[10][/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Japan
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow.....wow....wow...threatening to insult my father is a good thing in your books.

Unfortunately for you, he has done so before. Ask him if he has insulted my dad before
Shut up. He didn't threaten you, he restrained himself. Do you even understand basic English?

.....by the way I see you have backed away from the lies you told against christianity. That's good.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Oahray: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Logicboy, I believe you made this satetement
Logicboy03:
Anyways, we know what a society without religion looks like . Japan, Sweden etc. Very advanced and peaceful nations
I would like to believe you have a good command of English. No?
'Without religion' cannot by any stretch of the imagination be twisted to mean 'majority atheist'. It simply means 'no religion', or 'absence of religion', a claim which crumbles under the facts.
Don't bother trying to wriggle your way out of the trash you posted.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Shut up. He didn't threaten you, he restrained himself. Do you even understand basic English?

.....by the way I see you have backed away from the lies you told against christianity. That's good.

Restrained himself from abusing my father when I did not abuse him or his father?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

The verse means that anyone that thinks that something can come from nothing is foolish.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by debosky(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

So I am supposed to now re-interpret the nonsense you are saying for you?

If you know that there is no society without some form of religion, was your brain on holiday when you claimed Japan was 'a society without religion'?

That is a common phrase

It is not a common phrase - no one would say a country with 34% of its population carrying the HIV virus as a society 'without HIV'. Only an illogical atheist would make such a facetious and preposterously exaggerated claim.

The rational thing to say would be that Japan has a lower proportion of people believing in God compared to others and nothing more.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
How would people know that in the first place if other polls were not taken to address the problem of the first polls or census?
provide these other polls then and tell us exactly why they are a more valid representation of religion in Japan.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Oh! Good. Good. I would have indulged, but as I can see, the Knight of Atheism(Logicboy) is being dealt with and exposed. Indulging him will be coma. Anony, larride, debosky, obadiah777, frosbel keep them coming.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Restrained himself from abusing my father when I did not abuse him or his father?
How does that amount to a threat?

You see how you lie?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by personaldomest(f): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

So I am supposed to now re-interpret the nonsense you are saying for you?

If you know that there is no society without some form of religion, was your brain on holiday when you claimed Japan was 'a society without religion'?

It is not a common phrase - no one would say a country with 34% of its population carrying the HIV virus as a society 'without HIV'. Only an illogical atheist would make such a facetious and preposterously exaggerated claim.

The rational thing to say would be that Japan has a lower proportion of people believing in God compared to others and nothing more.

It's common phrase.

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a12690855/advantagesdisadvantages_of_living_in_a_country_without_religion

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081219200714AAveXFg
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
The verse means that anyone that thinks that something can come from nothing is foolish.

Did you miss the evil part?

Who told you atheists believe thatsomething comes from nothing?

See how you say nonsense?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
personaldomest: An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished.
Really? I thought atheism was a mere disbelief in God. Where do all these beliefs come from? Have atheists now created their book of doctrine?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Buhahahahahaha I still don't want to believe you typed that yourself, like seriously, you did? So that passage is talking about all the athesits are evil? Let me help u further

Psalms 14 vs 2 - 3

"The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and see God."
"They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one"

So I ask you again, have you ever heard of the word "ADMONITION".
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
provide these other polls then and tell us exactly why they are a more valid representation of religion in Japan.

[size=28pt]according to Johnstone (1993:323), 84% of the Japanese claim no personal religion. In census questionnaires, less than 15% reported any formal religious affiliation by 2000.[10][/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Japan
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
personaldomest: An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished.

hahaha

Yet the missionaries built the largest number of hospitals to conquer diseases and schools to conquer ignorance , the missionaries started orphanages to cater for the poor and needy, they educated our ancestors on the evil of killing twins and albinos, these practices have all but vanished, they started the red cross to help war and natural disaster victims. Many of us are the byproducts of their educational system , including the parents of many misled atheists on this forum.

You guys are clowns, sorry to use the word. grin

What has the Nigerian atheist done for the benefit of the nation , other than spending endless hours trolling on forums and talking nonsense, while enjoying the benefits derived from the institutions of religion , Christianity to be specific. Hypocrites !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics) / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.