Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (43990 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mazaje(m): 6:36pm On May 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Should we make laws to criminalize xenophobia then so as to appease you ?? I have visited South Africa and my view remains same that this sort of thing is to be expected. We live in Africa. Look at the events of the past decade alone in Africa and you get a good idea of what and how people handle their fears and their issues. What these people did is atrocious but what do you think you can do about it ?? Go to war with South Africa?? Boast that you are better in treating your own than they are?? Sign petitions to have the people apologize to you I mean what exactly can you do about it?? Look at Zimbabwe. I read many of those who are now dead are Zimbabweans. Do you think Mugabe is out there telling Mbeki that he will close his borders if he, Mbeki, does not find a solution immediately? Do you think the congolese government, that is busy dealing with terrorists in it's own borders who comit the same acts daily are busy demanding answers from Mbeki?? The list goes on.

This summarizes the whole problem. this situation is a very perplexing one and i really wish it had a simple answer, it all boils down to lack of leadership in the whole continent.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 6:37pm On May 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Should we make laws to criminalize xenophobia then so as to appease you ?? I have visited South Africa and my view remains same that this sort of thing is to be expected. We live in Africa. Look at the events of the past decade alone in Africa and you get a good idea of what and how people handle their fears and their issues. What these people did is atrocious but what do you think you can do about it ?? Go to war with South Africa?? Boast that you are better in treating your own than they are?? Sign petitions to have the people apologize to you I mean what exactly can you do about it?? Look at Zimbabwe. I read many of those who are now dead are Zimbabweans. Do you think Mugabe is out there telling Mbeki that he will close his borders if he, Mbeki, does not find a solution immediately? Do you think the congolese government, that is busy dealing with terrorists in it's own borders who comit the same acts daily are busy demanding answers from Mbeki?? The list goes on.

half the time you dont know what you're talking about.

The Zimbabwean immigrants are supposed to be considered refugees due to the situation in their home countries, and since they crossed over in their millions within a very short time. Same goes for the Congolese, if they came to South Africa en masse within a given time frame. Maybe you dont know what a refugee is, or what a govt is supposed to do in a refugee situation.

Interesting how you dont question the law enforcement in South Africa, but will quickly yell Nigeria at any given opportunity, regardless if there's any valid reason to do so or not.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 6:41pm On May 20, 2008
oziomatv:

For how long shall we hope on god without doing something SENATOR ?
we are working but we still need God to make it meaningful if not its all a waste,our hope or better still my hope lies in Him
@omoovie ure welcome
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by darfur(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2008
nice yarns senator. God dey cheesy

hoha wink we go survive
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 7:10pm On May 20, 2008
South Africa's government has pledged to protect foreigners threatened by a recent outbreak of violence that has forced 13,000 to flee their homes.

Officials also said the country would not deport illegal immigrants during the current period.

The attacks began a week ago north of Johannesburg, before spreading to the city and surrounding areas.

At least 23 people have been killed, and ministers have been discussing using troops to quell the violence.

On Tuesday police fired rubber bullets to disperse a crowd in one suburb during a crackdown on the violence

During a visit to a refuge for migrants in east Johannesburg, Minister for Safety and Security Charles Nqakula promised protection and temporary accommodation to foreigners.

He said there would be tough law enforcement and no more foreigners should be harassed.

His wife, Home Affairs Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula, said the government could not "be seen to be opportunistic".

"We cannot take advantage of people who are finding themselves in a state of vulnerability," he said.

"We have an obligation at this point in time to ensure that their lives are protected."

Officials have not ruled out deploying troops, as demanded by human rights groups and the opposition.

Gwede Mantashe, Secretary General of the ruling African National Congress (ANC), said that if the army was deployed, it would be to back up the police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7411357.stm

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by triaophant: 11:16pm On May 20, 2008
It is amazing to read the post of some so called Nigerians who never find anything good with our dear country Nigeria. Whatever be the reason for the voilence against foreigners in South Africa cannot be quantified with the mass killings and destruction of properties of fellow African brothers. I read some one who claimed to be a fake Nigerian claiming that Nigeria is paying for deporting over 7million Ghananians years back, but that is to say the least outregeous and total rubbish. It is simply a misrepresentation of facts and nothing more. people should be well informed before the comment on such senstive issues as is happening in South Africa. Have they been able to speak personally with the victims of the voilence? Now I am aware that the deportation of people from Ghana in the 1980's was as a result of their attitude towards Nigerian during the 1970's. Nigerians were deported first by Ghana and their properties looted, seized and otherseven detained in inhumane conditions. so when time came Nigeria retaliated. Now coming to South Africa, if they did not want the Africans, there are so mant civilized ways of sending them away rather than killing, maiming, looting and raping them. I can vividly remember that years ago there was an organisation here in Nigeria called South African Solidarity movement which people like us even donated money to severally even as students for the betterment of Our so called brothers in South Africa. Almost all Nigerian musicians became freedom fighters with their music. Remember Sunny Okosuns Fire in Soweto, Third World, Freedom is the answer? Remember Onyenka Onwenu's Winnie Mandela? Remember Tony Grey;s, Remember Felix Liberty's Mandela etc. were you also aware that Nigeria's military was used as a trainig base for the so called freedom fighters in South Africa free of charge? Are you also aware that we supplied them weapons and logistics free of charge? Are you also aware that we opened up our Universities, colleges, schools free of charge for them to be educated even without sitting for jamb? were you also aware that our churches contributed a lot both spiritually and materially to the liberation struggle in South Africa then? Are you aware that the Nigerian media and our diplomatic missions at the UN played a very crucial role to end the aparthied regime in South Africa? Are you aware that during that time especially Muritala and Obasanjo regime made Africa the Centrepiece of our foreign policy vowing to liberate the blackman from bondage everywhere especially in South Africa? Are you aware that nigeria was regarded by the Aparthied regime in South Africa as a Front Line State and therefor a legitimate target for the South African Defence Forces? Are you also aware that as a result of this The regime in South Africa then gave Aid to Equitorial Guinea and were even building a satellite tracking station in malabo even extended the airport runway in preparation to attack Nigeria as a result of her support of the freedom fighters in South Africa? Are you also aware that Nigeria had a diplomatic row with Britain who under Margret Thatcher as Prime Minister refused to impose sanctions on South Africa but preferred what it called the policy of constructive engagement because they were mining their gold? Are you aware that due to the treat by South Africa, Nigeria started the Aero Static Defence project a kind of America's Star Wars defence System? Are you aware that Nigeria led other Nations to boycott the Oakland New Zealand Common Wealth Games because of South Africa? In summary therefore South Africans have no justification to humiliate and murder Nigerians. Nigerians are no worse than the Italians, Indians, Chinese, Russians, Rumanians, Lebanese and even the so called civiled worlds. If you fell victim to 419, na you fall mugu, mugu fall guy wack, lol. it takes two to tanlge. as for drugs it is simply demand and supply willing seller and willing buyer. They should go and stop it in Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Boliva, Jamaica, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Loas, etc. Please every patriotic Nigeria should rise up and defend our people, fatherland.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dejia(m): 11:57pm On May 20, 2008
It is amazing to read the post of some so called Nigerians who never find anything good with our dear country Nigeria. Whatever be the reason for the voilence against foreigners in South Africa cannot be quantified with the mass killings and destruction of properties of fellow African brothers. I read some one who claimed to be a fake Nigerian claiming that Nigeria is paying for deporting over 7million Ghananians years back, but that is to say the least outregeous and total rubbish. It is simply a misrepresentation of facts and nothing more. people should be well informed before the comment on such senstive issues as is happening in South Africa. Have they been able to speak personally with the victims of the voilence? Now I am aware that the deportation of people from Ghana in the 1980's was as a result of their attitude towards Nigerian during the 1970's. Nigerians were deported first by Ghana and their properties looted, seized and otherseven detained in inhumane conditions. so when time came Nigeria retaliated. Now coming to South Africa, if they did not want the Africans, there are so mant civilized ways of sending them away rather than killing, maiming, looting and raping them. I can vividly remember that years ago there was an organisation here in Nigeria called South African Solidarity movement which people like us even donated money to severally even as students for the betterment of Our so called brothers in South Africa. Almost all Nigerian musicians became freedom fighters with their music. Remember Sunny Okosuns Fire in Soweto, Third World, Freedom is the answer? Remember Onyenka Onwenu's Winnie Mandela? Remember Tony Grey;s, Remember Felix Liberty's Mandela etc. were you also aware that Nigeria's military was used as a trainig base for the so called freedom fighters in South Africa free of charge? Are you also aware that we supplied them weapons and logistics free of charge? Are you also aware that we opened up our Universities, colleges, schools free of charge for them to be educated even without sitting for jamb? were you also aware that our churches contributed a lot both spiritually and materially to the liberation struggle in South Africa then? Are you aware that the Nigerian media and our diplomatic missions at the UN played a very crucial role to end the aparthied regime in South Africa? Are you aware that during that time especially Muritala and Obasanjo regime made Africa the Centrepiece of our foreign policy vowing to liberate the blackman from bondage everywhere especially in South Africa? Are you aware that nigeria was regarded by the Aparthied regime in South Africa as a Front Line State and therefor a legitimate target for the South African Defence Forces? Are you also aware that as a result of this The regime in South Africa then gave Aid to Equitorial Guinea and were even building a satellite tracking station in malabo even extended the airport runway in preparation to attack Nigeria as a result of her support of the freedom fighters in South Africa? Are you also aware that Nigeria had a diplomatic row with Britain who under Margret Thatcher as Prime Minister refused to impose sanctions on South Africa but preferred what it called the policy of constructive engagement because they were mining their gold? Are you aware that due to the treat by South Africa, Nigeria started the Aero Static Defence project a kind of America's Star Wars defence System? Are you aware that Nigeria led other Nations to boycott the Oakland New Zealand Common Wealth Games because of South Africa? In summary therefore South Africans have no justification to humiliate and murder Nigerians. Nigerians are no worse than the Italians, Indians, Chinese, Russians, Rumanians, Lebanese and even the so called civiled worlds. If you fell victim to 419, na you fall mugu, mugu fall guy wack, lol. it takes two to tanlge. as for drugs it is simply demand and supply willing seller and willing buyer. They should go and stop it in Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Boliva, Jamaica, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Loas, etc. Please every patriotic Nigeria should rise up and defend our people, fatherland.

Thats a lovely write up, Can we get a journalist to publish this pls?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 12:35am On May 21, 2008
triaophant:

It is amazing to read the post of some so called Nigerians who never find anything good with our dear country Nigeria. Whatever be the reason for the voilence against foreigners in South Africa cannot be quantified with the mass killings and destruction of properties of fellow African brothers. I read some one who claimed to be a fake Nigerian claiming that Nigeria is paying for deporting over 7million Ghananians years back, but that is to say the least outregeous and total rubbish. It is simply a misrepresentation of facts and nothing more. people should be well informed before the comment on such senstive issues as is happening in South Africa. Have they been able to speak personally with the victims of the voilence? Now I am aware that the deportation of people from Ghana in the 1980's was as a result of their attitude towards Nigerian during the 1970's. Nigerians were deported first by Ghana and their properties looted, seized and otherseven detained in inhumane conditions. so when time came Nigeria retaliated. Now coming to South Africa, if they did not want the Africans, there are so mant civilized ways of sending them away rather than killing, maiming, looting and raping them.[b] I can vividly remember that years ago there was an organisation here in Nigeria called South African Solidarity movement which people like us even donated money to severally even as students for the betterment of Our so called brothers in South Africa. Almost all Nigerian musicians became freedom fighters with their music. Remember Sunny Okosuns Fire in Soweto, Third World, Freedom is the answer? Remember Onyenka Onwenu's Winnie Mandela? Remember Tony Grey;s, Remember Felix Liberty's Mandela etc. were you also aware that Nigeria's military was used as a trainig base for the so called freedom fighters in South Africa free of charge? Are you also aware that we supplied them weapons and logistics free of charge? Are you also aware that we opened up our Universities, colleges, schools free of charge for them to be educated even without sitting for jamb? were you also aware that our churches contributed a lot both spiritually and materially to the liberation struggle in South Africa then? Are you aware that the Nigerian media and our diplomatic missions at the UN played a very crucial role to end the aparthied regime in South Africa? Are you aware that during that time especially Muritala and Obasanjo regime made Africa the Centrepiece of our foreign policy vowing to liberate the blackman from         everywhere especially in South Africa? [/b] Are you aware that nigeria was regarded by the Aparthied regime in South Africa as a Front Line State and therefor a legitimate target for the South African Defence Forces? Are you also aware that as a result of this The regime in South Africa then gave Aid to Equitorial Guinea and were even building a satellite tracking station in malabo even extended the airport runway in preparation to attack Nigeria as a result of her support of the freedom fighters in South Africa? Are you also aware that Nigeria had a diplomatic row with Britain who under Margret Thatcher as Prime Minister refused to impose sanctions on South Africa but preferred what it called the policy of constructive engagement because they were mining their gold? Are you aware that due to the treat by South Africa, Nigeria started the Aero Static Defence project a kind of America's Star Wars defence System? Are you aware that Nigeria led other Nations to boycott the Oakland New Zealand Common Wealth Games because of South Africa? In summary therefore South Africans have no justification to humiliate and murder Nigerians. Nigerians are no worse than the Italians, Indians, Chinese, Russians, Rumanians, Lebanese and even the so called civiled worlds. If you fell victim to 419, na you fall mugu, mugu fall guy wack, lol. it takes two to tanlge. as for drugs it is simply demand and supply willing seller and willing buyer. They should go and stop it in Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Boliva, Jamaica, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Loas, etc. Please every patriotic Nigeria should rise up and defend our people, fatherland.

I hope people like kobojunkie and Xiomarra read this piece and meditate on it. grin
Thanks for bringing some sanity to the discussion.
Some people know absolutely nothing about history and don't care or pretend not to know
I remember how many  urgent assemblies we had in my early years of secondary school to listen to South African refugees talk about their plight.
I remember the troupe AMANDLA that toured Nigeria in my childhood.

I remember how even toddlers in the eighties were saturated with the Apartheid movies and real life pictures and prayers in Churches that this injustice come to an end and Mandela be released.
I also remember it like Yesterday when we all celebrated the release of Mandela and the freedom of South Africa.

I marvel at the nonsense people have written in defence of this despicable act in SA
Yours is the best response so far in my humble opinion.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

I hope people like kobojunkie and Xiomarra read this piece and meditate on it. grin
Thanks for bringing some sanity to the discussion.
Some people know absolutely nothing about history and don't care or pretend not to know
I remember how many urgent assemblies we had in my early years of secondary school to listen to South African refugees talk about their plight.
I remember the troupe AMANDLA that toured Nigeria in my childhood.

I remember how even toddlers in the eighties were saturated with the Apartheid movies and real life pictures and prayers in Churches that this injustice come to an end and Mandela be released.
I also remember it like Yesterday when we all celebrated the release of Mandela and the freedom of South Africa.

I marvel at the nonsense people have written in defence of this despicable act in SA
Yours is the best response so far in my humble opinion.

This is one of the main reasons I keep asking people to read and make sure they understand what is written before 1) posting a reply to gain brownie cookies… or 2) fuming in the mouth unnecessarily. No where in here did I post anything about these South Africans being justified in their dealings this week. If you take a step out of yourself and look out, you will see that the reason these people felt to attack is cause they are frustrated that they are having to live poor in their own country while foreigners come in and do better. If you sat and listened to south Africans when you were a kid tell you stories, pray tell what the frell that has to do with what is going on in South Africa today?? Why not sit up straight and instead of trying to make it all about you, you consider the now of the situation and what is going on now in the world we live in. There government has failed them and we ourselves have failed as citizens. They are taking their issues out on those who they believe are part of the problem. These people feel threatened and so are fighting. Barbaric yes, but what do you want our government to do?? Go warn Mbeki??

We are speaking of today. We are not speaking of your emotional issues with what you heard when you were a kid from some South africans who were there to tell you stories. Jeeezzz !!! FOCUS people!!! Can we for once stop acting like dump emotional basket cases

What the heck has south africans telling you stories when you were small to do with this case?? Why do we find it hard to focus on issues instead of deviating and bringing up issues that are not related in any way??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 12:50am On May 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

This is one of the main reasons I keep asking people to read and make sure they understand what is written before 1) posting a reply to gain brownie cookies… or 2) fuming in the mouth unnecessarily. No where in here did I post anything about these South Africans being justified in their dealings this week. If you take a step out of yourself and look out, you will see that the reason these people felt to attack is cause they are frustrated that they are having to live poor in their own country while foreigners come in and do better. If you sat and listened to south Africans when you were a kid tell you stories, pray tell what the frell that has to do with what is going on in South Africa today?? Why not sit up straight and instead of trying to make it all about you, you consider the now of the situation and what is going on now in the world we live in. There government has failed them and we ourselves have failed as citizens. They are taking their issues out on those who they believe are part of the problem. These people feel threatened and so are fighting. Barbaric yes, but what do you want our government to do?? Go warn Mbeki??

We are speaking of today. We are not speaking of your emotional issues with what you heard when you were a kid from some South africans who were there to tell you stories. Jeeezzz !!! FOCUS people!!! Can we for once stop acting like dump emotional basket cases

What the heck has south africans telling you stories when you were small to do with this case?? Why do we find it hard to focus on issues instead of deviating and bringing up issues that are not related in any way??

Like I'm suprised you couldn't make the connection.
You think everything is about eating udala.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On May 21, 2008
Please stop…. There is absolutely no connection to what is happening today except you are trying to make it seem they are supposed to worship you in some way for supposedly listening to their story when you were younger. Just cause we helped them during apartheid does not mean we should expect them to open the flood gates to us. It does not work that way in the real world. Please grow up!!

An example for you to wrap your mind around. The USA helped France and Britain back during world war 2. That does not mean if a US citizen goes from the US to britain to France, he will be allowed in without Visa. Heck, if a US citizen commit’s a crime there, he will be punished. Trying to claim because Nigeria helped South Africa through Apartheid is reason why South Africans should not kill Nigerians is ridiculous.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 12:54am On May 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Please stop…. There is absolutely no connection to what is happening today except you are trying to make it seem they are supposed to worship you in some way for supposedly listening to their story when you were younger. Just cause we helped them during apartheid does not mean we should expect them to open the flood gates to us. It does not work that way in the real world. Please grow up!!

Oh you just pretended you didn't understand it
ROFL
I always knew there was some sharp neurons underneath all that akamu lipsrsealed
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 1:02am On May 21, 2008
An example for you to wrap your mind around. The USA helped France and Britain back during world war 2. That does not mean if a US citizen goes from the US to britain to France, he will be allowed in without Visa. Heck, if a US citizen commit’s a crime there, he will be punished. Trying to claim because Nigeria helped South Africa through Apartheid is reason why South Africans should not kill Nigerians is ridiculous.

Now that you modfied your original post let me talk and pretend you understand me.
Now mr moderator (without a brain),is there anywhere that it was mentioned that these SA killers were an immigration authority or  government appointed executioners?

BTW Americans can go to Britain and France without a visa in case you don't know ,I have cool
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

Now that you modfied your original post let me talk and pretend you understand me.
Now mr moderator (without a brain),is there anywhere that it was mentioned that these SA killers were an immigration authority or  government appointed executioners?

BTW Americans can go to Britain and France without a visa in case you don't know ,I have cool

Oh big brained one, then why are you busy judging all South Africans by the actions of a handful of hooligans. Better still, why are you slow in reasoning when it involves issues that require you actually thinking things through before rambling??

If you spent time at least researching the situation, you would understand that, again, it has nothing to do with your childhood issues but with the facts of the world we live in today. Trying over and over to tie two completely unrelated things together makes you seem like some emotional gong always quick to react before thinking. These are hungry people who can not afford food. These are people who now see foreigners taking from them what is rightfully theirs and they are mad about it. This problem did not start overnight. These feelings have existed for years in that country and only recently we see a piece of what we may expect more of in the near future if nothing is done to rectify the situation.

There is global food crisis to deal with. Increased cost of fuel and inflation for these people to contend with. The rest of Africa may soon join them, if care is not taken. And you are here to tell us about your childhood issues, your reason for wanting to demonize them, as solution to the problem? I hope your big brain helps you maybe catch up with reality soon.

Whether these people be Xenophobic or not, fact remains that there is a crisis down south and all over Africa today. Who is going to fight for the Nigerians down there ? Yar adua who is busy working on his secret plans while people continue to wonder how things will work themselves out in Nigeria? The president of congo?? The somalian president who is busy playing games with his people’s food supply while he baths in his jacuzzi?? The Zimbabwean president who refuses to step down and instead sending his people on wild goose chases after the “white man” who is supposedly the reason for the millions leaving Zimbabwe in the first place Or is it Mbeki himself who has lost credibility with his own people and with Zimbabweans who were looking to him for help with their situation, just 2 months or so ago, only to get stabbed in the back instead. Please step outside of yourself to consider what is going on.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 1:33am On May 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Oh big brained one, then why are you busy judging all South Africans by the actions of these handful of hooligans. Better still, why are too quick to go all sentimental when the argument involves issues that you need to actually think on??

If you spent time at least researching the situation, you would understand that, again, it has nothing to do with your childhood issues but with the facts of the world we live in today. Trying over and over to tie two completely unrelated things together makes you seem like some emotional gong always quick to react before thinking. These are hungry people who can not afford food. These are people who now see foreigners taking from them what is rightfully theirs and they are mad about it. This problem did not start overnight. These feelings have existed for years in that country and only recently we see a piece of what we may expect more of in the near future if nothing is done to rectify the situation.

There is global food crisis to deal with. Increased cost of fuel and inflation for these people to contend with. The rest of Africa may soon join them, if care is not taken. And you are here to tell us about your childhood issues, your reason for wanting to demonize them, as solution to the problem? I hope your big brain helps you maybe catch up with reality soon.

Whether these people be Xenophobic or not, fact remains that there is a crisis down south and all over Africa today. Who is going to fight for the Nigerians down there ? Yar adua who is busy working on his secret plans while people continue to wonder how things will work themselves out in Nigeria? The president of congo?? The somalian president who is busy playing games with his people’s food supply while he baths in his jacuzzi?? The Zimbabwean president who refuses to step down and instead sending his people on wild goose chases after the “white man” who is supposedly the reason for the millions leaving Zimbabwe in the first place Or is it Mbeki himself who has lost credibility with his own people and with Zimbabweans who were looking to him for help with their situation, just 2 months or so ago, only to get stabbed in the back instead. Please step outside of yourself to consider what is going on.

whose issues of childhood?
no wonder several people have castrated you at numerous intervals lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
9 times out of 10 you make absolutely no sense. cry cry cry
Your own issues followed you to adulthood lipsrsealed
TUFIAKWA!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 1:36am On May 21, 2008
now back to topic, I don't want to be seen as a child abuser grin

enough of the chronicles according to kobo
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

whose issues of childhood?
no wonder several people have castrated you at numerous intervals
9 times out of 10 you make absolutely no sense.
Your own issues followed you to adulthood lipsrsealed
TUFIAKWA!!

Sure, as long as we can not plug YOU into it, it certainly would not make sense to you,  huh?? Anywho, let me help your ADULT mind with this one. How about you completely ignore my posts, as in do not respond to them or even acknowledge them at all. That way, you can help your mind there.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by naijaway(m): 2:35am On May 21, 2008
crazy indeed, wat are all those naijas dat keep making loud noises when they go to naija and claiming runs here and there doing. Why can't people regroup and give the south africans a massacre pay back and then naija govt and sa govt can keep talking on the horizon. I believe the sa govt coupled with their botha people are in support of this. I began staying in maryland since last year, n I can tell u dat if we were caught unawares in something dat looks like a targeted war, u best believe dat MANY naijas here will respond in kind. Am in support of diplomacy n everything but I was also taught dat to know the "first things first".
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dangermous: 2:54am On May 21, 2008
wetin dey do this people sef. The issue be say white people dey priviledged. Dem get money
So they no suppose pour sand sand for inside poor black man Amala

This kain behaviour is what is expected of the vermins of the this earth. Finish.

So how you go boycott expected behaviour.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by miky(m): 2:59am On May 21, 2008
no matter who you are, no matter how rich you are, you will never be safer, and more liberated than in your country. i tell you for all of u wishing evil ills on nigeria, i wonder what how you will feel if you had no country to return too. may God bless those families the fortitude to bear their losses
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 4:31am On May 21, 2008
I think this thread has outlived it's usefullness. Let us see what will come out of this whole debate. Expecting it to die a natural death like the infamous BA Boycott threads. Thank my lucky stars I did not devote more hours than I did to this discussion.

Thanks Texazzpete, it was fun. Please let me know what the sequel to this brain teaser of a thread will be next. I will be on the look out. Nothing more to discuss here at all.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by adconline(m): 5:35am On May 21, 2008
Xiomarra ,
You live in a foreign land where people fought bad leadership in order for their country to be better. Why dont you come to your country and confront bad leadership? Talk is very cheap. We are waiting for your contribution. Or when you become a Nigerian who is more hollier than Pope.Why not another Okonjo Iweala or Kase Lawal? Good luck.

This is another reminder that people who live in glass houses are throwing stones. You live as an immigrant in another man's country and find it right to criminalize Nigerians who have done the same thing you did. Maybe they migrated to S Africa. I see your spirit, PHD = pull him down spirit. Only you deserve to live in a foreign land. Good luck
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by redsun(m): 6:16am On May 21, 2008
Typical niggers,dickheads,never can understand what it is all about.A.i.d.s ridden bastards,i wonder what a sane nigerian will want to go there for,if not for the niggers goverment we have at home, when all their people are washing plates in europe,they are use to being errand boys to white peolpe,same things they do here.

They can't stand the sight of independent minded black people like nigerians,that is why they are mad,deep down,there could be some white motivated conspiracy there,fearing the presence of nigerians might influence the subdued minded black south africans in a positive way.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by landis(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2008
and the madness continues,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7411414.stm
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by landis(m): 7:46am On May 21, 2008
and more facts emerge:

A Soweto hostel resident has told the police that he was paid to carry out the attacks on foreign nationals in the township, Sowetan, a South African newspaper, reported yesterday.
The xenophobic attacks, which started last week, have led to the death of no fewer than 23 persons.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, however, said yesterday that no Nigerian was killed in the riots.
Sowetan reported yesterday that the self-confessed hired killer was arrested with six others who looted houses belonging to those they believed were foreign nationals in White City, Jabavu, on Sunday night.
It reported: “This was the first indication that a third force could have a hand in fanning hatred for foreigners and inflaming xenophobic attacks in Gauteng.
“Police were not revealing much about the man’s claims, saying that he was being questioned. They could not say who paid the man and how much he received.”
A police spokesman, Captain Mpande Khoza, confirmed to Sowetan that the man had made the “startling claims” although he did not give further details, saying the man was still being questioned.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 8:00am On May 21, 2008
I think this is becoming more and more dangerous, when poeple are now generalizing about us. Just because a bunch of hooligans decided to kill foreigners, that does not mean South Africans are like that. Is only 10% of the country that is doing these things. Our government held a meeting with the Nigerian authorities to discuss these problems. The main concern was the safety of our soccer national team. South African Football association requested the government to make sure that they keep in touch with their Nigerian counterparts. Luckily the Nigerian gov has guaranteed our safety. We wouldn't like innocent people to be victimised because of some hooligans. Our football stars don't have to do anything about this as most of them even play in Europe. I still condemn what happend, but that does mean that we have to be victimised on the bases of being South African. The government has vowed that it will protect any South African citizen who is in an African country. Some people were already talking about declaring war on South Africa. Now that's dangerous route. To be pricise our army is unmatched in the continent.

The talks of boycoting MTN are nonsense, what does MTN have to do with xenophobic attacks. The company is sponsering the African Cup of Nation and the Champions league. Actually to be precise we owned the Ghana 2008. MTN even sponsers the Nigerian soccer league. So lets sanity prevail. The is not need for emotional outbursts. Most of these countries who are judging us are themselves been involved in even worst atrocities than these. Coutries like Nigeria ( where they were slaying each other on the basis of religion). How many people has the Americans killed? There is natural hatred for South Africa in this continent. That is why people are taking advantage of this situation. With the level of abuse that the likes of Bafana Bafana and our local clubs are receiving, from refferes and the authorities, the was even a proposed referrendum that maybe South Africa should pull out of CAF and join our good friends Australia in Asia. Let us not let emotions cloud our judgement.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by lobinoxebe(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2008
The way Nigerian goverment is right now, I am scared they wont sell the citizens for doughnuts and groundnuts,

I have never heard the president speak on the Issue and also we havent heard nothing

that is why i like Military Govt, they dont take rubish,

Abacha where re you, rosting in Hell,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tini(m): 8:49am On May 21, 2008
Lets all behave like 2face: no shakin,notin dey happen lol

God will judge
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2008
Mpele:

I think this is becoming more and more dangerous, when poeple are now generalizing about us. Just because a bunch of hooligans decided to kill foreigners, that does not mean South Africans are like that. Is only 10% of the country that is doing these things.
exactly what i was trying to let xiomarra and a few others realise about Nigerians,
lobinoxebe:

The way Nigerian goverment is right now, I am scared they wont sell the citizens for doughnuts and groundnuts,
I have never heard the president speak on the Issue and also we havent heard nothing
dnt worry we wont get sold and the presidency is already on the case through the MFA
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 9:47am On May 21, 2008
Mpele, people are just appauled, sometimes people speak out of anger. Dont worry, we are not going to start burning your footie players (I hope). I think we all know that its a minority who are doing the killing. However, I must say that there is a culture of xenphobia where South Africans are concerned, especially towards other Black Africans. Many tend to believe they are superior. I think you even alluded to that attitude earlier on. Having said that, that is not the issue. I see no change for the good in Africa unless we start to value lives of those in Black skin. That goes for every African country, including my own.

We tend to skirt around the real issues, because no matter how much we are frustrated we tend to protect the very classes who are keeping all the wealth, whether Black or White.

Its always easier to lash out at the ones closest to us, if you are poor, the rich are too far out of reach to touch, both physically and psychologically.

Mark my words, Black South Africans will soon turn in on themselves.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 10:06am On May 21, 2008
I really miss Abacha now, even Baba wouldnt have done anything.

Do we have a president
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 10:16am On May 21, 2008
Londoner is right, if our government does'nt act South Africa will have a civil war. Signs are already there. For instance the Sotho speaking group is found in SA and Lesotho, the Tswana group in SA and Botswana, the Shaangans in both SA and Mozambique and the Ndebele and the Zulus are also found in Zimbabwe. This means that we are attacking our brothers. Even now Ndebele South Africans are being attacked.

South African Indians who are approx; 4 Million have had a good relationship with black South Africans, but now guese what? they are now also being attacked by these raging lunatics. I'm saying that it should happen but I ask myself on why white people are not attacked. I'm telling you if white people where attacked, Britain and the USA would've been the first to condemn. Our government would've unleashed the army into the townships.

Now they're just saying oh! these are lowly litttle Africans, (Lets just send in a bunch of policemen with rubber bullets). This country used to be in the good hands of the white government and also Nelson Mandela. To tell the truth, our lives used to be so nice during the apartheid era. I was born in that era, and I'm telling you, we used to move freely, no crime to speak of. During the white government the influx of foreigners was controlled. Nigerians who were here, were the ones who came to work. For instance I can't just come to Nigeria without a purpose. I must come there to contribute to the economic growth of the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30)

Iran Seeks The Help Of America To Analyze Downed Plane's Black Boxes / Dwight Schar: Inside £48million Superyacht Owned By US Billionaire (Pictures) / Islamic Militants BEHEADED U.S Journalist On Video!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.