Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (30934 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2013
madam_oringo:

You are still a mere corper, never had a real job, talk less of starting a shoe shiner business or a mama put business worth N 1,000 only but you question the business decision of an international retail outfit with store chains across multiple states and countries? Did you actually go to any university or polytechnic or it is just the default emotional response but no intellectual, thinking capacity of you people that is the problem?? Chances are that Shoprite have and will make better decisions in this lifetime than everyone in your lineage will ever make! Think about it!

do u think everybody is yoruba?
So, a corper must have been depending on his parents all the while?
What made u think d guy is still starting life?
Do u know how many igbo students that have investments created by themselves?
The more u guys talk, d more u reveal ur incompetence

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Blueeyedboi(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2013
meccuno: you see the problem is that most of these people like looking for trouble....I come here most times to get current info and all I see is tribal rants....the reason why these threads are put up is not to tell us that at least retail shops are coming to their area,but to tell their eastern brothers that they are better than them....I see that as stupidity of the highest order.....imagine....when you check the first 10 comments, you would know what am saying.....if a development comes to the east,its bad.....but if a lower development comes to the south west then that means that the new jerusalem is in the south west. Even if the hype or lagos is actually rubbing of on the rest of the south western states.....the other south west states are overrated...
....Spot on bro..you hit the nail on the head..infact as my people'll say 'i gboro ihe ewu na ata'...i really dunno why these people can't gloat en dance skelewu inside their new shoprite without throwing jibes at the easterners..its really pathetic honestly..inferiority complex is not only a disease but also a curse..

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by pazienza(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2013
4chi:

Entire iboland is absolute s*hit hole. putrid offensive smell oozing all over the place.served there and relocated ASAP . I don't blame them flat heads for running away from their cesspit. Would do the same if I were one.tufia! You can't find a more rotten place than onitsha and aba in the entire universe.

Abia ia not dirty,aba is dirty,there is a difference between the two. Umuahia,the capital city of Abia still beats all those your mud house infested and poverty stricken towns, in being clean,well planned and serene.

Having said that, Abia was not the capital of the eastern region,Enugu was, Ibadan the capital of the western region remains an eyesore, a poverty infested city,known for it's dirt,a characteristic it acquired as a result of the ingenuity and leadership qualities of yorubas. Enugu on the other hand,is a clean and serene city, a true reflection of the igbo never say die spirit,that rebuilt it from the ashes and ruins of the civil war,to a worthy political capital of the Igbo nation.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by IYANGBALI: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2013
geeez: When I first posted this from the information I got from their management following the bursting sales at Heritage Mall, the usual suspects quoted Linda Ikeji many times over and made unsavory comments about Ibadan and the Yoruba people in general

December will come and we will all witness the opening of an even bigger Mall in Ibadan

We are not done yet. This is just the beginning

God bless Yorubaland
yes proudly OMO YORUBA jo,haters can bend down and kiss my down below,i no send

Watchout for e ku sooping part 2,coming your way soon.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2013
1oracle:
No......the truth is that nairaland.com was programmed to favor Yoruba and their hypocritical views. If you doubt me, you will be banned.

It seems you are new here.

The moderator of ethnic sections are. Ibos. The likes of afam4eva and sexkiillz. So carry your whinning away. Cry cry babies.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Blueeyedboi(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2013
fairygeh: I shall not die but live and testify to the glory of the lord in the land of the living.Those who wish me dead DIE FIRST.
...Very shallow en immature post..smh at these people..nairaland is a joke!
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by 1oracle(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Omo ibo claiming yoruba. We know your type. So in your sojourn and wandering all over Nigeria, you have never been to Aba and Onitsha and mention the dirty parts of Ibadan. They are always wandering around the whole country like mad man and woman
Kindly visit the nearest babalawo or ifa priest to help you out of bigotry. So all yorubas are in yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2013
pazienza:

Abia ia not dirty,aba is dirty,there is a difference between the two. Umuahia,the capital city of Abia still beats all those your mud house infested and poverty stricken towns, in being clean,well planned and serene.

Having said that, Abia was not the capital of the eastern region,Enugu was, Ibadan the capital of the western region remains an eyesore, a poverty infested city,known for it's dirt,a characteristic it acquired as a result of the ingenuity and leadership qualities of yorubas. Enugu on the other hand,is a clean and serene city, a true reflection of the igbo never say die spirit,that rebuilt it from the ashes and ruins of the civil war,to a worthy political capital of the Igbo nation.

So aba is in Oyo state and Onitsha is in Kano abi?

Those mud houses are out heritage, our history and our story that is we hand over to generations down the line. You can't have such in your alaigbo because u guys are do rest dwellers without any noticeable town before civilization. You see mud, we see history and heritage.

If you don't like it, go and stand in the middle of Lagos -ibadan expressway, omo race ti o ni history, always waking up their parents with sliding tackle and once they have small money in their bank account, they are the Lord over their parents and village chiefs.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Browser69(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2013
No be today, lets g there.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by grafikii: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2013
Mods ooooooshe
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by boneruns(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Omo ibo claiming yoruba. We know your type. So in your sojourn and wandering all over Nigeria, you have never been to Aba and Onitsha and mention the dirty parts of Ibadan. They are always wandering around the whole country like mad man and woman

You see, that's the problem I have with some of you! Anyone who says something contrary to your belief becomes "ibo". Even if it is said by your kinsman.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by bulletproofmonk(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Tosin7: But another problem is that, the last time I was in Ibadan I was embarrased by the dirts [/b]and [b]filthiness in the town. In the past 10 years of my touring Nigeria am yet to see anywhere that is as dirty and decaying as Ibadan. Just hope that shoprite will help us clean the town a bit. Again how are they going to tackle the issues of our mud houses and brown zinc that is defacing this our beloved city? Please oo they should do well to assist us.

*dirt
*filth
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2013
1oracle:
Kindly visit the nearest babalawo or ifa priest to help you out of bigotry. So all yorubas are in yoruba land?

Okija boy and family of Clifford orji, do the net migration ratio between the 2 regions and get back to me. It is ratio 1 to 1million of yours.

That shows your land is cursed, poverty stricken and devoid of development and crime infested. Simple.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2013
boneruns:

You see, that's the problem I have with some of you! Anyone who says something contrary to your belief becomes "ibo". Even if it is said by your kinsman.

Na we have been too long in this game on NL and we know all their antics in the book. By their antics, you shall know them grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by 1oracle(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

It seems you are new here.

The moderator of ethnic sections are. Ibos. The likes of afam4eva and sexkiillz. So carry your whinning away. Cry cry babies.
Do we have ethnic sections in nairaland or is your brain infected by semi madness like that of Femi kayode?
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by pazienza(m): 9:26am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

When it is not fake spare part business or bend down business, how will you comprehend it with that your Igbo and how will you not debunk it. Let your Govs too cook their figures. Or na FGN hold dem again because that is your usual lame and stupid excuse.

We don't do such shit,it's stupidity. If you want to know who fare better between the east and the west, look at the jamb enrolement statistics over the years, only well fed persons can afford university education, and we know who has been leading in that JAMB'enrolement,before some people got really uncomfortable,and stopped those statistics, so that they can continue living in their delusion, keep quoting cooked up IGR, while poverty keep ravishing your region. *grins*

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: What? That pig house of a place?? Is it for the wretched people that can't even afford a cup of Oloyin beans or the greedy forigners whose 'capital flight' ventures are impoverishing the local savages??......It is too early to say until the mall is completed and Shoprite moves in but till then the Offenmanus can continue daydreaming...

My bros eh, these people are really smelling, even their women quoting me. Shoprite is now heaven for them
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Its a lie, she is a detribalized yoruba woman....Leave let her say her mind....Shameless goat.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by 1oracle(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Okija boy and family of Clifford orji, do the net migration ratio between the 2 regions and get back to me. It is ratio 1 to 1million of yours.

That shows your land is cursed, poverty stricken and devoid of development and crime infested. Simple.
If you are sure that our land is what you said, then you should be ashamed that your ancestors fought for three years to keep a cursed land. If your ancestors are not cursed, how will they be fighting to keep a cursed land?
The earlier you visit a babalawo the better for you.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by 1oracle(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2013
pazienza:

We don't do such shit,it's stupidity. If you want to know who fare better between the east and the west, look at the jamb enrolement statistics over the years, only well fed persons can afford university education, and we know who has been leading in that JAMB'enrolement,before some people got really uncomfortable,and stopped those statistics, so that they can continue living in their delusion, keep quoting cooked up IGR, while poverty keep ravishing your region. *grins*
Don't mind him. He is saddened and aggrieved that we bought his inheritance from his ancestors with our 20 pounds policy.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by eluquenson(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2013
Everywhere is tribalism but why can't we accept our fate. To me in this country, the westerners are the most educated, elites & they have good knowledge of business(not wayo oh) & yet people still criticize them for their achievement.
I can't fathom why haters can't just hug transformer
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2013
1oracle:
Do we have ethnic sections in nairaland or is your brain infected by semi madness like that of Femi kayode?

You are definitely a jjc here. Can't join issues with you, less I ruin your pitiable day the more.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by 1oracle(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Those mud houses are out heritage, our history and our story that is we hand over to generations down the line. You can't have such in your alaigbo because u guys are do rest dwellers without any noticeable town before civilization. You see mud, we see history and heritage.

If you don't like it, go and stand in the middle of Lagos -ibadan expressway, omo race ti o ni history, always waking up their parents with sliding tackle and once they have small money in their bank account, they are the Lord over their parents and village chiefs.
And that small money is what we use to buy your inheritance and you have no other choice than to pour your frustration out on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Efikman(m): 9:39am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

My observation in this forum is that immature yorubas always like poking the ibos. An innocuous thread such as this should not elicit tribal rants but the yorubas here often us it as an avenue to ridicule other tribes esp the ibos. If i may ask, apart from Lagos which is former capital, can these bigots point to me any other city in the southwest that rivals other parts of the east such as Enugu, Asaba and Uyo?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

The mud houses are manifestations of poverty in Ibadan, if i want to see poverty shouldn't it be in the rural areas like Saki, Fiditi,Ogbomosho not at Challenge, Dugbe all right in the middle of Ibadan town centre.Instead of some people to work hard to push themselves free from poverty they are busy with Owambes.Na wao.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2013
1oracle:

If you are sure that our land is what you said, then you should be ashamed that your ancestors fought for three years to keep a cursed land. If your ancestors are not cursed, how will they be fighting to keep a cursed land?
The earlier you visit a babalawo the better for you.
We did not join your stupid war initially, you dragged us into the war by ending towards SW and we responded swiftly and decisively to your stupid treacherous tactics. You have contained your war in your enclave.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by magnetik(m): 9:43am On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover: I was in Shoprite 2 days ago and it was virtually empty and there were def more staff than shoppers and I had a choice of which check out to use. We found a parking slot almost opposite the entrance and I am almost convinced that it is not as well stocked as the Lagos branches.

I understand that there is another one being built along ring road, but that has been under Construction for a while so maybe it makes sense for them to complete it, rather than just abandon it especially as the location is a very good one.

Not all branches of the same business make money, and some branches subsidize others, but they keep the biz open to keep the brand name alive and to make it look as if the brand is doing very well which in turn entices customers as we all like to be associated with successful brands.

Nevertheless, their meatpie is the best in Ibadan grin
May be you went there at the quiet time.. see I have been to many malls even in Europe. .there are times in every day when its peak and sometimes quiet, that is, low patronage at a particular time in a day or days in a week. With d population of Ibadan I don't think shoprite will get it wrong. Even the one in Ilorin as small as the city is compared to Ibadan never heard of any complain about it since operation.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2013
1oracle:
And that small money is what we use to buy your inheritance and you have no other choice than to pour your frustration out on nairaland.

You can't buy our inheritance. Copy that.

The C of o is revocable, get that into your skull and ask Ladipo market people, they will tell you.

We need you to pay business permit tax and land rent tax and we will Soon start property tax, copy that. You will only have enuf money to take back to your despicable village in December to show off to your village girls and promise them you will take them to ibo people's small London - Lagos of course

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by eluquenson(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2013
pazienza:

Well said bro.Have always loved that city Ibadan because of its Night market & Noisy atmosphere but the filth is legendary even a former Governor Alao Akala had to appeal to his people to exercise good basic hygiene.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: The mud houses are manifestations of poverty in Ibadan, if i want to see poverty shouldn't it be in the rural areas like Saki, Fiditi,Ogbomosho not at Challenge, Dugbe all right in the middle of Ibadan town centre.Instead of some people to work hard to push themselves free from poverty they are busy with Owambes.Na wao.

It is our towns, we can have mud houses anywhere we like. Stick to your villages and stop keep showing your face where you were not invited.

Like I said, those mud houses are our heritage, our stories and history. Before you know it, UNESCO will make them heritage artifact that must be protected. More money from UN for maintenance and protection of those rare olden days artifacts and more money for our govt to spend. Hve jut broken it down for u, if your brain capacity could not come to terms with it.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

You can't buy our inheritance. Copy that.

The C of o is revocable, get that into your skull and ask Ladipo market people, they will tell you.

We need you to pay business permit tax and land rent tax and we will Soon start property tax, copy that. You will only have enuf money to take back to your despicable village in December to show off to your village girls and promise them you will take them to ibo people's small London - Lagos of course
We are not paying to the local savages but to the Govt who inturn will use it to improve infrastructures wherein our biznesses are based thus attracting more customers to our businness.You see, at the end of the day, we make more money than our Yoruba brothers ,give a pittance as tax to the Govt and REPATRIATE/DEPORT/EXTRACT the bulk of proceeds back to our homeland for development and Jolification.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.