Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

When the roles are reversed - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When the roles are reversed (12408 Views)

In An Alternate Universe: If Gender Roles Were Reversed ... / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfrnd? / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
princesa:
e remain to milk you dry sef tongue

#TeamMindGame cool
Fine! I give up! Seriously,I give up! angry
Re: When the roles are reversed by Iaz93: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Strauskhan1: Exactly what I'm thinking. Maybe he blew it, he screwd it *methink* But seriously, girls should just respect guys in the aspect of wooing!! They really dont av any idea of how many months, or perhaps, years it took some guys to summon courage to approach them. Its not easy I must say, especially towards the person one really loves!! #iJoshy
They don't help matters at all.angry too bad! Now, my man is disorganized. gringrin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2013
@op, Bro, as they say, you win some, you lose some. That's just the fact. It's always gonna be risky to open your heart to someone, but it's the only way it's designed to work.

Let yourself grieve and feel the pain. If you have to hate her do. As soon as the pain blows over, you won't hate her anymore. You'll be ok.

Just described how it worked with me.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:
there's so much truth in this, girls of nowadays don't fancy nice guys, they like them hot and adventurous grin

Dan, hear from the masters.

Uh huh. Same ol' bullshit. Like 'em hot and adventurous and then come back to marry the "nice" guys. grin

Dan, no mind am abeg. I've heard enough o that shite to last me a lifetime. Just be you, be cool with who you are and don't apologize for it. Get better at being you or keep working at being a better you. That's all a man needs: confidence. Actually that's all that women look for in a man.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Odedoyin25: mind games? seriously, do u know how it feels to gather liver for months, think about what to say, try to look good, just to approach a lady? only 4 her to play mimd games with me? is dat what it's called? not replying my chats!!!!!! i give up, i swear. #moneyovereverything

When you fall in love, bro, as far as you're concerned there is only one woman in the world. But once you pitch and strike out, it is wise to rearrange your reality. Mind games are not love. The chick who.plays them with you when you've laid your heart bare is cruel and thus not worth any more of your attention. It's wiser then to leave her alone.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I don't wanna be a player! I just wanna be me. Falling in love is not byforce! If being a player would guarantee that I would have a gal to call me own,then I wouldn't mind remaining single.

Much respect! smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

When you fall in love, bro, as far as you're concerned there is only one woman in the world. But once you pitch and strike out, it is wise to rearrange your reality. Mind games are not love. The chick who.plays them with you when you've laid your heart bare is cruel and thus not worth any more of your attention. It's wiser then to leave her alone.
word bro!!!!!!!
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 7:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Uh huh. Same ol' bullshit. Like 'em hot and adventurous and then come back to marry the "nice" guys. grin

Dan, no mind am abeg. I've heard enough o that shite to last me a lifetime. Just be you, be cool with who you are and don't apologize for it. Get better at being you or keep working at being a better you. That's all a man needs: confidence. Actually that's all that women look for in a man.

That's reality my bother, relationship is a union where both party deceive themselves in the short or long run

You're right about the confidence ish though...wink

Odedoyin25:
mind games? seriously, do u know how it feels to gather liver for months, think about what to say, try to look good, just to approach a lady? only 4 her to play mimd games with me? is dat what it's called? not replying my chats!!!!!! i give up, i swear.
#moneyovereverything

jeez! You don't expect us to take every guy that starts the wooing game with us so serious, do you?

#GirlsAreNotSmiling cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by carlos1(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: That moment when you have been admiring a gal for sometime,but for some reasons you didn't had the courage to approach her and express your feelings toward her. But gradually,you start building up courage to approach her,to express your feeling to her. And after telling her,expressing your heart toward her(which obviously took you alot of time,sacrifice),only for her to drop the bombshell within the split of a second.

Real men don't cry,but though I'm bleeding inwardly,I have learnt not to do anything silly. I just move on.

Just wondering why gals could be heartless like this. embarassed

Trust me! I know how to win my gals without asking dem out and i have my pride intact.
Re: When the roles are reversed by ITbomb(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2013
carlos1:

Trust me! I know how to win my gals without asking dem out and i have my pride intact.
That is the secret about friendship. Most times all they want is to be relax, have fun and feel secure in your presence then u corner them into a good location and start exploring.
You dont need to sing the 'I love you chorus' on the road, infact it is them that will ask you whether you really love them when you are about to wear the condom and you answer in the affirmative of course.
Love don start be that o. Who get time now to stalk a girl and replay stupid pick up lines.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2013
Iaz93: They don't help matters at all.angry too bad! Now, my man is disorganized. gringrin
I ain't disorganized. Rather,I have gathered up all the shattered pieces of my pride and I'm moving on. cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: @op, Bro, as they say, you win some, you lose some. That's just the fact. It's always gonna be risky to open your heart to someone, but it's the only way it's designed to work.

Let yourself grieve and feel the pain. If you have to hate her do. As soon as the pain blows over, you won't hate her anymore. You'll be ok.

Just described how it worked with me.
Thanks bro. smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

@bolded,that's exactly the fact. Most gals,after eloping with them hot and adventurous guys,when they come to the reality that age isn't on their side and that they should be married,they would go about looking for good,nice guys to marry. grin And when they don't see such guys,they start screaming 'husbands are scarce',after they must have turned the nice guys to players angry
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 10:29am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Much respect! smiley
cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: @bolded,that's exactly the fact. Most gals,after eloping with them hot and adventurous guys,when they come to the reality that age isn't on their side and that they should be married,they would go about looking for good,nice guys to marry. grin And when they don't see such guys,they start screaming 'husbands are scarce',after they must have turned the nice guys to players angry

And they go on that hunt only after realizing that they can never change Don Bad Boy. Or that some other girl beat them to it by refusing to respond to their phony displays of niceness.

Some chick should come give us a testimony about how her relationship with a bad boy works like a dream, how she is not emotionally beaten being with him or she has succeeded at changing him already. It's only these silly airheads who don't know the difference between nice and clingy and bad and adventurous and boring and gentlemanly that shoot off at the mouth.

undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:

That's reality my bother, relationship is a union where both party deceive themselves in the short or long run
Ehn! I've never deceived myself in a relationship. And I totally disagree that relationships run on deceit. Here's a bit of a newsflash: if you jam a nice guy like me after wasting yourself on bad boys and think you can rope me into something, make sure your plan is 100% on keeping me ignorant because the day I find out is the day your life crashes. I will completely destroy you with everything in my power unless of course God at work in me is not cool with it.

It's always best to come clean as early as possible and give me room to walk away. Better that I choose to forgive your past than that I never have that choice. smiley

jeez! You don't expect us to take every guy that starts the wooing game with us so serious, do you?
#GirlsAreNotSmiling cool
"Starts"? Starts?! The guy says he just ended the wooing with the frightening opening of his heart and you say you won't take him seriously? What the deuce are you talking about?

Tell me, lady, when does the wooing end for you ladies? When do you put away the mind games? When you've got the ring? Or ten years after? After the kids? When? Never? I'd like to know. I think girls like my ex would appreciate the info. No man likes to be strung along. Make up your damn mind as soon as you can and give him enough time to heal and find someone better suited to him than you are.

#MenDeyVex angry
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
pained men grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Airheads grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Emeralddeee: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2013
I understand how you feel bro. But guys need to understand that sometimes feelings ain't mutual, asking a girl out is a win or lose game you either win or lose, don't feel like a loser or feel too bad cuz she turned you down, that's how the game is always prepare for the worst that way you don't get disappointed when she says no.
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Airheads grin
...which ya'all can't do without cool

Ihedinobi:
"Starts"? Starts?! The guy says he just ended the wooing with the frightening opening of his heart and you say you won't take him seriously? What the deuce are you talking about?

Tell me, lady, when does the wooing end for you ladies? When do you put away the mind games? When you've got the ring? Or ten years after? After the kids? When? Never? I'd like to know. I think girls like my ex would appreciate the info. No man likes to be strung along. Make up your damn mind as soon as you can and give him enough time to heal and find someone better suited to him than you are.

#MenDeyVex angry
and i still repeat. Do you seriously expect a girl to accept ever Tom, D1ck and Harry that comes her way to 'open up his heart'?

If it were so, then i sure wouldn't be able to count the number of guyz that I have dated ever since i grew two apples on my chest! angry

#GirlsDontCare cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2013
@princesa, lovely profile pic, by the way smiley Totally love it. Looks a little like a painting though. undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:
@princesa, lovely profile pic, by the way smiley Totally love it. Looks a little like a painting though. undecided

profile pic = sunset (Which am so in love with) smiley

and it wasn't painted, it was googled undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:
Oh, I'm managing just fine without one. She's not an airhead wink

and i still repeat. Do you seriously expect a girl to accept ever Tom, D1ck and Harry that comes her way to 'open up his heart'?

If it were so, then i sure wouldn't be able to count the number of guyz that have come my way since i grew two apples on my chest! angry

#GirlsDontCare cool
Of course I don't. I only expect the mind games to cease. Why play with him if you don't want him? 'Cos you like his selling points and might want them later? grin

#MenStillLiveEatAndShit undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:

profile pic = sunset (Which am so in love with) smiley

and it wasn't painted, it was googled undecided

Love sunsets too especially around water and palm trees or deserts. smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Oh, I'm managing just fine without one. She's not an airhead wink

I bet it wont be for long
plus I ain't an airhead too, ask aroundwink

Ihedinobi:
Of course I don't. I only expect the mind games to cease. Why play with him if you don't want him? 'Cos you like his selling points and might want them later? grin

#MenStillLiveEatAndShit undecided

Mind games have always been for persistent dudes who can't understand NO when they hear one. If he ain't got selling points, then there's no need to waste our time.

#CosTheyHaveToLivesmiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:

I bet it wont be for long
plus I ain't an airhead too, ask aroundwink
You'll lose it.
Nor am I a pained man. Ask around smiley

Mind games have always been for persistent dudes who can't understand NO when they hear one. If he ain't got selling points, then there's no need to waste our time.

#CosTheyHaveToLivesmiley
Funny. So what suggested to you that Odedoyin25 was stubbornly pursuing a girl who said No? And if it's your hobby, well, other girls around you must either hate you or envy you fiercely!

#OrLadiesWillDie wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by Jumizie13(f): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2013
Emmy, move on with life. Hun.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Jumizie13: Emmy, move on with life. Hun.
I have said it time and again on this thread that I have moved on. Such disappointment won't hold me back! Never!

By the way,thanks for dropping by. smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I'm trying to. This just isn't the first time it's happening and a wall of resentment toward gals seem to be gradually building up in my heart.
Oh cry
You'll find her, don't give up yet.
Sometimes you find what you seek when you stop searching. Will you be open to receive it then? smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:

If it were so, then i sure wouldn't be able to count the number of guyz that I have dated ever since i grew two apples on my chest! angry

#GirlsDontCare cool
Hmmmmmmm. Two apples on your chest! At the sight of those apples,my head start swinging. sad
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
ITbomb:
He needs no advice.
The guy is just too nice to bring any excitement to our ladies of nowadays.
Let him just be patient and do something else, when the ladies have finish rocking their life and their head cool down for a responsible partner, they will come to him.
People like Nomski0 will see him as just that nice good guy that deserved the best girl but deep down in her heart she knows too well that the guy could be soooooo borrrrrrrring
You're right, sadly. Most girls wanna have fun. Most girls esp the 'Marys' have a dark fantasy that only supposed bad boys can help them live. It's why they keep the nice ones as friends and date the crazy ones. The nice ones represent everything they want in a spouse,while the 'bad' boys helps them live out their fantasies.

It's weird, but true. Forbidden fruits are damn too tempting embarassed

.....and when they're done living their dreams, they look for their perfect mate. Don't think they come back because the bad boys are done with them. They come back because that has always been the plan.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Jumizie13(f): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I have said it time and again on this thread that I have moved on. Such disappointment won't hold me back! Never!

By the way,thanks for dropping by. smiley
Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet Roberto, The Man With Longest Manhood In The World As Doctors Give Insight / I'm Sick And Tired Of Cheating. Help A Brother / Nigerian Woman And African American Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.