Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,977 members, 7,956,647 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

When the roles are reversed - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When the roles are reversed (12684 Views)

In An Alternate Universe: If Gender Roles Were Reversed ... / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfrnd? / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lol. What's exciting about a bad boy? He clubs? He flirts with crime? His love is untrustworthy? He gives great sex? He...what abeg?

When I hung out on that side of the fence, sexy was breaking the rules, treating the chicks like hos except for when you're chasing them, you know, basically being bad.

Abeg I need to know, how does any of that help any girl to live?

Adventure is different from crime. Spontaneity is not restricted to bad things. Great sex is not the exculsive purview of bad boys. In fact, it takes a level of emotional connection to rip the roof off of a girl's head.

The only excitement I see in the bad boy is the chase: the girl is ever pursuing him, sometimes it feels like maybe this time she's got him then all of a sudden he's gone again. Can't imagine what else.

And, well, I won't speak for other guys, but with my women I hate used goods undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You're right, sadly. Most girls wanna have fun. Most girls esp the 'Marys' have a dark fantasy that only supposed bad boys can help them live. It's why they keep the nice ones as friends and date the crazy ones. The nice ones represent everything they want in a spouse,while the 'bad' boys helps them live out their fantasies.

It's weird, but true. Forbidden fruits are damn too tempting embarassed

.....and when they're done living their dreams, they look for their perfect mate. Don't think they come back because the bad boys are done with them. They come back because that has always been the plan.
See how them gals think they can use us,nice guys for play. undecided

So,instead of bothering myself with the stress of falling in love with a gal only to be disappointed,I rather remain single! angry
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. What's exciting about a bad boy? He clubs? He flirts with crime? His love is untrustworthy? He gives great sex? He...what abeg?

When I hung out on that side of the fence, sexy was breaking the rules, treating the chicks like hos except for when you're chasing them, you know, basically being bad.

Adventure is different from crime. Spontaneity is not restricted to bad things. Great sex is not the exculsive purview of bad boys. In fact, it takes a level of emotional connection to rip the roof off of a girl's head.

The only excitement I see in the bad boy is the chase: the girl is ever pursuing him, sometimes it feels like maybe this time she's got him then all of a sudden he's gone again. Can't imagine what else.

And, well, I won't speak for other guys, but with my women I hate used goods undecided
Exactly! What's the fun of chasing a bad guy when he would repeatedly break your fragile heart with reckless abandon,without caring how you feel?

They are more often,chasing the bad guy because of money,as that is what fantasy and adventure entails to them.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nomski0(f): 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You're right, sadly. Most girls wanna have fun. Most girls esp the 'Marys' have a dark fantasy that only supposed bad boys can help them live. It's why they keep the nice ones as friends and date the crazy ones. The nice ones represent everything they want in a spouse,while the 'bad' boys helps them live out their fantasies.

It's weird, but true. Forbidden fruits are damn too tempting embarassed

.....and when they're done living their dreams, they look for their perfect mate. Don't think they come back because the bad boys are done with them. They come back because that has always been the plan.
100% right. Thats why nice guys turn into certified players.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nomski0(f): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: Exactly! What's the fun of chasing a bad guy when he would repeatedly break your fragile heart with reckless abandon,without caring how you feel?

They are more often,chasing the bad guy because of money,as that is what fantasy and adventure entails to them.
Its not just the money. Most of them think they can change them and want to change them. ....and most times they fail.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nomski0: Its not just the money. Most of them think they can change them and want to change them. ....and most times they fail.
You're 100%. Unfortunately,after failing woefully in their attempts to change the bad guys into good guys,they would start screaming 'guys are heartless','all guys are the same'.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nomski0: 100% right. Thats why nice guys turn into certified players.
Unfortunately,this is one of the reasons there are many players and few nice guys out there. Nothing would ever make me turn to a player. I would always be me.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nomski0: 100% right. Thats why nice guys turn into certified players.

It's also why nice guys marry their high school and college sweethearts. They do long term. So by the time some of you fun-seekers are ready to settle down, we're all off the market. You only luck out when our long-termers fail for any reason before we get to the altar.

My niece is finishing from the uni and last time we talked (weeks ago), she's a bit worried about landing a guy. And I told her earlier that my ideal chick would be a girl like her, so what was happening? All them boys gone blind? The ones she liked were hooked up. The ones available were not very desirable.

The Game ruins both player and played, honey.
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: See how them gals think they can use us,nice guys for play. undecided

So,instead of bothering myself with the stress of falling in love with a gal only to be disappointed,I rather remain single! angry
It's not really 'play'. It's just most nice guys aren't spontaneous. They're hardly fun and sometimes girls just wanna live on the edge and they need someone who is capable of taking them there.

Can you do spontaneous?
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. What's exciting about a bad boy? He clubs? He flirts with crime? His love is untrustworthy? He gives great sex? He...what abeg?

I hope you plan on getting married from a convent undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
It's not really 'play'. It's just most nice guys aren't spontaneous. They're hardly fun and sometimes girls just wanna live on the edge and they need someone who is capable of taking them there.

Can you do spontaneous?
I can. I'm fun to be with. As far as I know,I don't have to be a player before I can be spontaneous.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Don't be sarcastic,Uj. cheesy
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I can. I'm fun to be with. As far as I know,I don't have to be a player before I can be spontaneous.
That's oksmiley
Oya come toast me grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: Don't be sarcastic,Uj. cheesy
I'm not tongue
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I'm not tongue
Well,why do you think a convent would be the best place for him to marry from?
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Can you do spontaneous?

Most nice guys aren't spontaneous?! Gaddem! Where'd you get that? Being nice doesn't kill spontaneity. Spontaneity is more of a temperament thing than a moral thing. Mehn!

Nice guys aren't fun? Maybe because being nice kills your sense of humor? Wtf?! shocked

Puhleeeeeease!
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
That's oksmiley
Oya come toast me grin
Come toast you? When I'm just getting out of a disappointing outing with a gal?

Don't worry. Your time would come. I just hope by then,no guy would have swept you off your feet. wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Most nice guys aren't spontaneous?! Gaddem! Where'd you get that? Being nice doesn't kill spontaneity. Spontaneity is more of a temperament thing than a moral thing. Mehn!

Nice guys aren't fun? Maybe because being nice kills your sense of humor? Wtf?! shocked

Puhleeeeeease!
That's cos some dude's liken 'nice' to treating her like an egg.
I hate the egg treatment most times.

***abeg stop using yourself as a yardstick to measure what being nice entails angry
There are rules and exceptions.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Why? Do all nuns lack a colorful history? If my last relationship had worked out, I would've ended up with "tear-rubber". I'm not going to a convent, but unless love knocks me on my ass in a place I don't plan I'm not doing used. Fact.
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: Come toast you? When I'm just getting out of a disappointing outing with a gal?

Don't worry. Your time would come. I just hope by then,no guy would have swept you off your feet. wink
'Time'? That's arrogant undecided
You should be glad i told u that even as a joke sef grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
That's cos some dude's liken 'nice' to treating her like an egg.
I hate the egg treatment most times.

***abeg stop using yourself as a yardstick to measure what being nice entails angry
There are rules and exceptions.

Lol. A wimp ain't a nice guy. smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Why? Do all nuns lack a colorful history? If my last relationship had worked out, I would've ended up with "tear-rubber". I'm not going to a convent, but unless love knocks me on my ass in a place I don't plan I'm not doing used. Fact.
No they don't, but you'll have better chances of landing your 'tear rubber' there undecidedt
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. A wimp ain't a nice guy. smiley
So we can't have wimpy nice men?
There you go again.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
'Time'? That's arrogant undecided
You should be glad i told u that even as a joke sef grin
I'm glad. Just that I don't want another disappointment. cheesy

You gonna give me another chance? wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
No they don't, but you'll have better chances of landing your 'tear rubber' there undecidedt

I would, just as much as I would at church where celibacy is optional. Maybe the odds aren't as good, but they're fair enough at work too. Besides, life habits draw people together. I'll bet I find human females who love life and haven't totally destroyed theirs on mountain tracks or on tours to little-known places.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
So we can't have wimpy nice men?
There you go again.

Well, if he's wimpy around a woman, he's going to leech on her (I think I should have called him Leech instead). Leeches aren't nice, they're emotional vampires.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I'm glad. Just that I don't want another disappointment. cheesy

You gonna give me another chance? wink

Dude, lighten up, bro. smiley

Take the darn chance. tongue
Re: When the roles are reversed by Danhumprey: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Dude, lighten up, bro. smiley

Take the darn chance. tongue
I ain't letting it slide. wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

you don't do used? That's the most hypocritical statement I've ever heard. When girls are not the one bleeping themselves, jeez!

plus stop blowing ur trumpet, let girls like us determine if you're a nice, hot or adventurous dude...enough of you you you already! undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
princesa:
you don't do used? That's the most hypocritical statement I've ever heard. When girls are not the one bleeping themselves, jeez!

plus stop blowing ur trumpet, let girls like us determine if you're a nice, hot or adventurous dude...enough of you you you already! undecided
Hypo-what?! Who's being hypocritical? I'm not the one screwing them, am I?

And I'm not on sale here on NL so I couldn't care less about y'all rating me. I know who and what I am, thank you very much. Besides if I have been me me me all along, how do you put up with real bad boys whose world is made up of only one person and it ain't you? #curiousface
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
Just so you know, bad boys don't build their world around one girl, why the heck do they bear the name then?

And the ones you bleeped and dumbed, are they gonna be Another man's used? undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Did I say anything about a girl? They build their world around themselves alone. They don't give a shitt about anybody else. They're all about protecting themselves from the risks of love.

The ones I screwed and dumped ke? Like who and who? My ex? I was bent on marrying her and we made a mistake that became a habit. The other girl? What a laugh. A slut is a slut is a slut will always be a slut. Unless some miracle has happened. smiley

Abeg talk wetin you know. I wasn't promiscuous. And if I marry a non-virgin, na God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

31 Real Reasons To Stop Masturbating / Which City Is The Most Promiscuous In Nigeria? / How Guys Want Females Nowadays (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.